Welcome to Gaia! ::

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

DR. MAXINE BRADLEY
» is there a doctor on board?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: Nali T'Roa

Maxine resisted the urge to whistle through her teeth. "I thought they'd keep me on the Citadel forever. I'm happy to help." The ship was something to be admired. She hadn't been off the Citadel much since joining Alliance. They'd half worked her to death in two years. She'd quite honestly expected to work like that forever, or at least until they deemed her old enough to slap onto some health board and forget about her. She'd shoot herself before she'd argue with a bunch of other old, crabby, overworked doctors over whether or not it was safe to use latex gloves on other species or not. 

She followed Nali into her office. This time, she did whistle. "I think this is bigger than my apartment." The doctor cleared her throat. "I'm sure I'm not setting up a great picture here for myself. So far I've made it sound as if I've never set foot off the Citadel." She shrugged. "Hearing it from me's gonna be the same as reading it on my file."

Maxine hated briefing people on her history. It seemed like such a short way to get to know about a person. But it seemed like something she needed to know. "I graduated from medical school back on the Citadel back about two years ago, top of my class. I've been in the Alliance ever since, and most of my work has been based on the Citadel, but I've volunteered work on several other places for experience. I've worked with a wide range of species and I have plenty of experience on the field as well." She said, swaying back and forth on her kitty heeled boots. She was still lab ready from the Citadel; white coat, old fashioned stethoscope (because she was sentimental) and all. Nali could fill in the blanks with her file if she wanted. She wasn't going to run through any more than she needed to assur Nali she was good at what she did. 

"If there's any questions you'd like to ask, please, fire away." She crossed her hands and smiled politely. 

Aurora Rosaria's Husband

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageSur’Kesh Le Tazzik Gal Selune Aru Verdan Na’al
Na'alSalarian Engineer

Some time had passed since the disaster of a mission on Virmire. Enough that most of the crews small injuries were taken care of so that they could get back to work. Na'al was just sitting there in the science lab with a rag to clean and polish off some of his armor from the dirt and gore from the fights. He paused for a moment once he finished the chest plate and rubbed his side from where his ribs were mended. The area was still a little sore, but nowhere near as painful as before. They were just fractured anyway, not actually broken so the Salarian was almost in and out of the med-bay. He took in a deep breath then exhaled it all out before picking up his broken helmet and staring at it. The visor was shattered and there was a small portion of the top missing as well. If whatever shot that did this had been just a few centimeters to the left, Na'al may have been missing a horn.

Na'al was about to clean the helmet as well but stopped after a few seconds and just set it down on a table and walked out of the lab. He was still in standard military garb with nothing else on him save for a common datapad as he stepped into the elevator and pressed a button to take him up to the crewman's deck so that he could get something from the mess hall. It wasn't anything big, just a few small things from the various vending machines. He really didn't have much of an appetite at the moment. He sat down at a table and began to eat and read some news articles on the extranet. The truth was that he was still very shaken up from watching what happened to Korvis and being so close to an actual reaper. If Na'al was a cultist Salarian, he would have believed that it was a miracle that they got away. Yet since he was a logical man, Na'al knew to chock it all up to the flight skills of the ship's pilots.

Na'al missed his former co-workers back on Sur'Kesh. At least back on the fleet, there was no direct danger from anything outside the labs other than what he and his team researched. No sense reminiscing about the past though, so Na'al just continued to eat and read up on some articles. Apparently most of the council space was having a slow day. Lucky them.

The phrase "Do not touch" means nothing to me.
          Ivan Aleksandrov
          with: Veronica + Other Crew Members

when i woke my back was broke from lyin' on the floor
                  sunlight poured through all the cracks in my front door
                  wake up you've got a lot of things to do
                  wake up the sun is rising without you

User Image
Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

He felt his face, first. It was sipping water after brushing your teeth. His skin felt fresh and new, like he was almost born again. As Ivan became aware of his body, the biotic amp on the back of his head pulsed with dull pain. His eyes slowly opened and bright light smacked into his face. "Uuughhhhh," he groaned, turning his head to his side and shutting out that terrible light. Experimentally, he clenched and unclenched his fists. IT was still a little sluggish, but at least his entire body wasn't on pins and needles. And he didn't taste eezo in his mouth, so somebody must have fixed the leak.

One minute passed with Ivan continuing his ABORT exercises. Each breath he took in was like a mint worming its way into his lungs, gradually letting him feel more and more of his body. Once he was confident that the world was bearable, he cracked his opens open and peeked. "... I do not know your name, but your aim is very good," he said with a chuckle. His chest rumbled with the sound, like a baritone ping pong ball running around his lungs. With a grunt, Ivan propped up himself on his elbows and worked his way up to sitting. "No dizziness, little pain, no nausea," he mumbled to himself. He held his arms out in front of him and examined them. Same hairy masses of muscle. No cords, tubes, or wires. He was pretty much free to go.

Karii and Skipper were on nearby beds, recovering from their own intense injuries. Compared to a suit rupture made by gunshot and an amputated hand, his eezo leak and headache seemed like slaps on the wrist. Ivan needed to shrug this s**t off and do something, because people were way worse than he was. He thought for a second, staring out into space, before he turned and grinned at his fellow ginger.

"... Let's go on adventure, yes?" Ivan heaved himself onto unsteady feet and trundled out towards the med-bay exit. Before he left, he turned to Karii and Skipper and waved. "Please come to Mess Hall when I send message, will be very soon!" And, with Veronica in tow, he made his way down the elevator and to Deck 3. As he made his way into the kitchen, Ivan seemed to be muttering to himself, lips moving without sound. He was recalling a recipe. An old favorite that he tried to serve Marcello whenever he was sad. Comfort food.

The kitchen on The Amazon was amazing, to say the least. State of the art cooking utensils, equipment, and all in a sleek, sexy design. Ivan rubbed his hands together and rummaged through ingredients, spilling them over the counter. Beef bones, cuts of beef, tomatoes, tomato purees, ketchup, carrots, celery, red onions, cabbages, garlic, beef stock, flour, ketchup, salt, pepper... It looked like Ivan was assembling an army of food. The massive quantity of ingredients was for the pretty large crew. Ivan washed his hands thoroughly and set down a knife.

"I need your help to make special Borscht," he said to Veronica, motioning to the ingredients over the counter. "Hands are not steady enough for cutting vegetables, need you to cube while I prepare soup." The knife gleamed on the counter next to the veritable mountain of veggies. Ivan flashed her a grin before he put water and beef bones into a very large pot and set it to boil. Surrounded by his natural habitat, Ivan was suddenly a smooth operator. Confident. At ease.

"So, tell me about you," Ivan said. The good thing about technological advancements? Ingredients were always fresh. Cooking time was practically cut in half. "Favorite food? Drink? You saved my life, I should make you something good, at least!" He punctuated his sentence with a barking laugh.

Please. Ivan could've made his borscht alone and with his eyes closed. Food was a very personal, intimate affair. Naturally, preparing it was a chance to really get to know somebody.

willie was shot once in his mind
                  and his cry out saved his own life
                  the second time was through the heart
                  the doctors pulled the bullet from inside
                  he had a job to do he said
                  that's his way of life

l nono l's Prince

Adorable Pumpkin

10,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User ImageUser Image

[mmdatass]As they made their way to her office Nali glanced over to the sickbay. Through the window, she saw both Karii and Skipper. They weren't alone in there, but seeing them up did strike her with relief. Well, Karii more than Skipper. Quarian immune systems were so tricky whereas the captain being up and about was just to have been expected from the man. They looked to be alright, though, so she could bug them later.

[mmdatass]Once they were inside the office, the doctor expressed her impression of the room, and the asari couldn't help but smile a little. With her room tucked away in the back of the office, the place was a little warmer and cozier than the cargo hold (thought she had had a couple of her crates moved to her office, just to give her a more familiar feeling...), but she did kind of like it. It wasn't as spacious as the captain's quarters, of course, but it was a lot roomier than the crew quarters, and it wasn't even a shared space. The maiden was about to mention it since the doctor was going to be sharing a room with four others, but she decided to curb her tongue.

[mmdatass]It was then that the human began listing off...stuff, and as soon as Nali recognized it, she raised her hands a little as if to motion for the young woman to calm down, a trace of her earlier smile still on her lips. "It's alright--I already read your file." That was a lie. She'd skimmed it. ...okay, that was a lie, too. She read the name. Maxine B... What was it? Bernie? Dammit. She'd check again later. Regardless, it wasn't entirely irresponsible of her. She had every faith that Faust wouldn't have let anyone incompetent to join their crew, especially with how dangerous their mission was.

[mmdatass]Somewhat belatedly--she was still trying to get used to the whole office thing since they didn't exactly have a bunch of new members and call for officialness back when she was captain--Nali took a seat at her desk and nodded toward the other chair for Maxine to sit if she wanted.

[mmdatass]"You're from the Citadel, then?" the maiden repeated, though she didn't even need any more confirmation, "I have a friend who joined us from there, though I think she was a colony kid before that..." Nali caught herself and shook her head. "Veronica. You'll meet her later. Another biotic," she waved it off for later, "I've already received your file, though, so you probably have more questions than I do. What do you know of our mission so far?"

WITH
          maxineUser Image
        ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz: _ , ( )

en route to the amazon captain`s quarters cargo bay cic elevator medical mess hall deck shuttle omega afterlife nos astra illium office presidium apollo`s cafe engine room virmire cell facility

fire team, no one, people, shore party, ai, jask, karii, korvis, na`al, orina, otium, skipper, veronica, matriarch asta, council, dark moons, duncan, eralynn, faust, hackett, lerax, lyrana, mungo, sergeant tom freedom, vikenti, yolan terris,

and ing sans other inhabitants
User ImageUser Image

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

DR. MAXINE BRADLEY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Maxine laughed. "I know embarrassingly little. I was supposed to find out more on the way here but I was so busy making sure that we had everything we needed and catching my own breath that I hardly had the time. Tough work, bossing people around. I'm not much for it." The scramble to make sure they'd gotten everything had been strenuous. "In short... I know not much more than what they chatter about back home. Even then... I lived in my own world." 

She bit her lip and her brow furrowed. "I know that you're fresh off of Virmire, where the former field medic was killed, and that's where I come in. I'm... very sorry about his passing, by the way." Death was an occupational hazard. You either dealt with it or you did it yourself. She was always genuine when extending her condolences, even if she had never met a person before. That was the kind of pain every soldier knew. 

She cleared her throat and continued, "Something about Dark Moons? Or was that before?" Hell, Bradley, shut your mouth. You're making yourself seem stupid. Maxine's mouth opened and closed again. "Yes... embarrassingly little." She'd been in the middle of running a lab when she'd been told to oversee the transport of the prosthetic and necessary equipment, and then she received news that she was no longer stationed on the Citadel. It was quite a shock. She couldn't find the time to stop and figure out what this Amazon was supposed to be doing. All she'd needed to know at the time was why they needed her, and when she'd be arriving. 

Dapper Fatcat

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

[Pants!]Veronica was about half way through doodling a a small boat across her shoulder when Ivan started twitching in his bed and groaned quite loudly. Well it looked like the boat doodle would have to wait until later, she had a Russian to deal with! For one solid minute Veronica watched him intently while he did quite a bit of deep breathing, it looked like Veronica;s aim had been good enough after all and Ivan was quick to cement this fact by complimenting her on it. "It's Veronica." she said with a smile. Ivan appeared to mumble something under his breath which she couldn't hear but it was clear that he was perfectly fine despite everything.

[Pants!] "... Let's go on adventure, yes?" Veronica raised an eyebrow to quizzically. "Wait, what?" Ivan hauled himself off of his bed and gently took Veronica by the arm- "Oh, okay then" and led her out of the Medical Bay. But they got to the door Ivan to tell Skipper and Karii to meet him in the mess hall soon. Veronica shrugged at the two before following Ivan out of there. It turned out that Ivan was taking her to the mess hall, were they going to grab a snack together? Veronica hoped so because she could do with someone to talk to while she snacked. But instead of grabbing a small bit of food and taking Ivan opted for an entire set draw full of stuff which wasn't particularly edible on its own.

[Pants!]"I need your help to make special Borscht," Well that explained why he had brought her along for the ride. They were going to cook up a nice meal for the Amazon crew! It was a dish Veronica hadn't of before and it was called Borscht. It sounded like something from Ivan's homeland. Veronica first job was too cube all of the vegetables. She nodded with enthusiasm and also washed her hands thoroughly before grabbing the knife and sliding all of the veggies across to her side of the counter. After a short while Veronica had already sliced up the carrots and the onions and was starting on the tomatoes. Her routine was interrupted by Ivan who wanted to know about her favorites foods and drinks. Veronica turned to him with a sheepish grin. "Uh, Tupari. You know the sports drink?" As for her favorite food she thought back to her childhood on the Citadel, while her father wasn't the wealthiest man around but on occasions the two would visit a semi fancy restaurant to eat at. The food that Veronica remembered the most was a desert she'd always order, it was a vanilla cheesecake with strawberries on top. "There was this cake back on the Citadel, I had it a few times when I was young. I don't remember it's name but it was vanilla flavored, and they used to drown it in strawberries and cherry sauce." She smiled fondly at the memory ""It was by far the best thing I've ever eaten."

with
                          Ivan

707sTYPO's Husbando

Garbage Kitten

11,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
x x ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀x x ↘ ↘ q u a r i a n E N G I N E E R
( ) xxx Karii'Lianah vas Amazon

( ) xxx USV Amazon; MedBay.

▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬

User Image
                          She turned her head slightly as Owyn's voice picked back up. Her stomach twisted as she saw what was left of his right arm, her glowing eye widened. "The Turian did that..?" she asked in a hushed tone. She didn't want to believe it.. but then again, she had seen Korvis's head literally ripped from his body on top of seeing an actual reaper. Nothing seemed impossible at this point. Even the chipper tone to the Captain's voice was surprising. How could he manage to joke at a time like this?! She wanted to be upset or even the slightest bit angry, but she couldn't. There was no way she could say anything to Owyn about his antics right now, especially when the man had a single hand to use. It would have been unfair to project her frustration onto the Captain. Her visor turned back up the ceiling lights as she closed her eyes with a wince of pain. "I'm sorry, Skipper.." she mumbled. She wanted to elaborate, but she couldn't. She couldn't apologize for freezing up in the middle of the battle, for doing absolutely nothing to help take down Mungo or Lerax, for allowing herself to get shot in the chest, and more-so for not being able to help him. The list seemed to continue on in her mind, all of which just seemed to enforce the perpetuating idea of her utter uselessness while on the field during battle. She could have done anything besides be a sitting target.

The Captain was resilient, that was for sure. The Quarian was about to speak again, but the loud groan across from her cut off. It was the bulky human again. Had he been there this entire time? Not only that, but Veronica was there as well. She could hear the male listing off symptoms and, by the sounds of it,he was doing pretty well. He was already on his feet and moving, albeit slowly. Her eyes opened as she watched him cross the medbay and make his way through the door. She didn't smile, though she normally would have, when he spoke about meeting in the Mess. Would she even be able to leave the sanitary confines of the Medbay? It didn't matter; Ivan was already headed back to work, it seemed. Skipper was already sitting up and in better spirits while she just laid on the bed to wallow in her shame. Karii reluctantly began to shift, forcing herself to finally sit up from her laying position. There was no way she was planning on getting out of bed, especially when she didn't even want to sit up, but at least she could try. The others were already as it were. Her right hand crossed over to rest on the patch as if touching the area would lessen the dull throbbing. She was quiet until the door had sealed shut behind Ivan and Veronica, "I.. should have done something.." her accented voice sounded weak, as if it were about to crack in mid sentence.

ooc;;
                          Notes: Guilt for killing husks; Justicar code?; Told ya so, Paldoren!; Security console shock!
          Ivan Aleksandrov
          with: Veronica + Na'al + Other Crew Members

User Image
Sports drink? Ivan had to stop himself from wrinkling his nose. Technology had come a long way, but sports drinks still weren't the most healthy thing for you. They had managed to cut out most of the empty calories, but Ivan still thought that the most healthy thing you could do for your body was down eight or nine glasses of water a day. It also didn't help that Tupari was something crew members grabbed from vending machines. He couldn't exactly open up a can and edit it without changing its original flavors too much.

The cake, however, was interesting. Ivan whistled low as he started cooking the beef and onions in a pan while the pot boiled. "Ahhh, cake! Good to know! I have big bar to meet, eh?" he said, breaking into a grin. Sweet teeth were usually easy to satisfy for an amateur chef, but it took a master to expertly manipulate the complexities of sugar. "What was texture? Light? Airy? Dense? Rich? Thick?" Usually, they didn't "drown" usual baked cakes in sauce in order to preserve the flavor and structure of each slice. Vanilla was a very rich, but elegant flavor. It fit Veronica well enough, he thought. Food preferences often said a lot about the person. Already, recipes were coming into his head. He could use a red wine syrup sauce to douse the strawberries and cherries. Or, he could reduce their juices and...

Ivan reached over and took some of the freshly chopped tomatoes and added them to the pan. He eyed his cooking partner and looked over to the salarian who came by and sat down at a table. It would be a lot easier if he asked everybody all of their food favorites at the same time. Maybe Sampson could help? He quickly typed out a message to the ship's VI and asked to forward a low priority message to the other crew members, formally requesting of any particularly favored items. The quarians earned a special part of Ivan's sympathy. In their suits, they could never enjoy the same fresh food that many took for granted. Thankfully, he had requested specially flavored dextro-DNA nutrition bags. Complete with straws. He closed the message and resumed stirring the ingredients in the pan.

"If you do not mind me asking, Veronica," he mentioned, in the most diplomatic sounding way he could think of, "But you have interesting scar. How did you get it? Wrestle batarian? He ended up worse, yes?"

that's his way of life

Dapper Reveler

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
            User Image

x
x
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa i ' x i n g n a r i l l i u mxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

════════════════════━━━━

xxxxxAnother red blast shot past the Amazon, making Ai jump, but they were already gone. The injured went off to the medical bay, leaving others behind to survey their feelings on the day--the little quarian numbly watched them leave. Jask approached her and made an appreciated attempt at banter. Ai even cracked a smile, "You're not wrong. Reapers would not be a good addition to a party, what with the laser eye of death." She sighed and looked down at her suit, the black corduroy covered in a thick layer of gray dust, and made a futile motion to wipe it away, jingling the dogtags in the process.

xxxxxThat made three things she had to do--upload the video, check for suit ruptures, and clean up. And while she was at it, she might as well offer to help Karii with hers, once the other quarian awoke. Ai stretched, noting soreness where she'd overtaxed sleepy muscles, and turned once again to her friend, "Thank you for your concern, though. Tell you what, how would you like to go over some footage with me while I make sure I don't die of some weird human-virus? Something tells me we aren't going to have much time to recoup, and I'd like to start a project while I have the chance." She attempted to put as much humor into her voice as possible without tipping off the vorcha how unnerved she was. Hopefully his company would also allow her to milk him for information about what kinds of things Skipper and his crew made a habit of fighting. Maybe even work out some tactics so she wouldn't be left hiding next time they came up against powerful biotics. Goddess, but she hated biotics and their damn barriers--she'd always had asari friends nearby who could take barriers down fairly easily. Well, Ai was going to have to adapt to the lack of commandos hanging out on the Amazon.

xxxxxSome time later, Ai was holed up in a cubby she'd made for herself in engineering. She was showing Jask those last terrible few minutes over and over again as they looked for details about the reapers. It was really a side thought to forward the footage to the Union--she hadn't recorded it with anyone in mind but herself, but as soon as it occurred to her, it had seemed like a good plan. Her suit check was also completed shortly (she'd check for lighter damage later), and a cursory application of simple masking tape helped to return the blackness to the outer fabric. Eventually, she brought the conversation around to her real concern: "So how often do you fight those zombie things? You guys seemed rather...resigned to it, and it looked like there was some history there. Which is impressive, don't get me wrong, but most people are scared enough by the idea of a charging krogan that doesn't have crazy synthetic biotics, and you've fought them more than once?" Ai tried to sound innocently curious, but she knew her voice let in more emotion than she could stop. And since she was on a recording kick, she went ahead and instructed her omnitool to record his response. For research...just in case, she completed the motion with a slight of hand trick. Who knew if Jask had a thing against having his voice recorded? Ai didn't want to be the one to find out he took personal offense.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━════════════════════

l nono l's Prince

Adorable Pumpkin

10,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User ImageUser Image

[mmdatass]Nali simply nodded in response to the woman's condolences concerning Korvis. To be honest, she really didn't want to talk about it. The turian wasn't the first to fall on this crazy chase for the Dark Moons by a long shot, and even if he were the last, the knowledge was ever present in the back of the asari's mind that, in just a hundred years, she was likely going to be the only one currently on the ship (barring the Justicar recovering in the sickbay) who was going to be left standing.

[mmdatass]She motioned with her hand again when it looked like the doctor had begun scraping for information. It was alright, but Nali had already said that. "I understand you were rushed: people seldom join us in normal circumstances. And yeah, the Dark Moons. They've...kind of defined our existence on this ship for the past year and a half." Nali had meant for it to have been a joke to lighten the mood after Maxine had mentioned the loss of their last field medic, but it was a sobering thought in itself. Then again, if she'd wanted happy, the lady probably shouldn't have asked about their mission. Oops. That one was on her.

[mmdatass]"Thought they were just mercs, then slavers, then terrorists when they attacked the Citadel. Then, we find out Duncan's working for the Reapers and that the people they were taking were being used for their experiments and such," Nali rattled off with a roll of her wrist. It was scary stuff, but she couldn't dwell on them because they were just details on their mission, "Officially, we're charged with bringing Duncan in to face his crimes and such." The lady couldn't help but feel that was just step one, though.

WITH
          maxineUser Image
        ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz: _ , ( )

en route to the amazon captain`s quarters cargo bay cic elevator medical mess hall deck shuttle omega afterlife nos astra illium office presidium apollo`s cafe engine room virmire cell facility

fire team, no one, people, shore party, ai, jask, karii, korvis, na`al, orina, otium, skipper, veronica, matriarch asta, council, dark moons, duncan, eralynn, faust, hackett, lerax, lyrana, mungo, sergeant tom freedom, vikenti, yolan terris,

and ing sans other inhabitants
User ImageUser Image

Dapper Fatcat

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

[Pants!] Ah! Ivan was also a man who appreciated a nice cake! Veronica grinned at him warmly and felt like they were gonna be fast friends. The texture on the other hand? Hmm it had been such a long time since she last tasted the delicious desert, she couldn't quite remember but there was always time to experiment later on if Ivan was up to it. Come to think of it such a scenario was a win-win! Ivan got to make delicious treats and Veronica got to stick with her daily 5000 calorie diet. Speaking of the diet she'd been eating less and less lately, probably because there was little time to eat with all that was going on.

[Pants!]"Sorry, I don't quite remember." She hated to burst his cake bubble but her memory had betrayed her. She had finished cutting the final vegetables into small fairly equal sized cubes. Now if the knife was biotic she'd have done a lot better. Hopefully Ivan wouldn't be too bothered with it as she was never that good with knifes regardless of whether she in or out of combat. Now she had quite a neat pile of cubed vegetables, she leaned over and tapped Ivan on the shoulder. "The veggies are done."

[Pants!]All she could do for the moment was wait for Ivan to give her something else to do but it seemed like he pretty much had the whole thing under control. This little bout of cooking had helped Veronica calm herself down after the Reaper attack, she'd have to thank Ivan for this later. She had stepped off to the side while watching him work, he certainly knew what he was doing. Veronica remained silent until he asked quite a touchy question out of the blue. Her scar. He wanted to know how she got it and attempted to lighten the question with a joke. Veronica instinctively brought a hand up to her face and covered up the scar the best she could. It was hard enough telling Skipper, who barely seemed to care anyway so telling Ivan who despite everything was still technically a stranger to her. "Not quite. Arm wrestled a Krogan. I won." Deflect the question with a joke, that wasn't suspicious at all.

with
                          Ivan

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

DR. MAXINE BRADLEY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The doctor nodded her head as Nali spoke, listening intently. "That is... a lot on your plates." Out of habit, Maxine's fingers ran through her hair again, the longer strands falling back over her forehead. She was still fairly new in the Alliance, only two years in, and she had plenty of experience in emergency medicine. It wasn't so much ever her position she was worried about. She had just never really faced fighting anyone on a battlefield, and then on top of that, she had to save lives and make sure her own a** didn't get blown off in the process. She let out a deep breath. Mind over matter, Maxie.

"Nothing I can't handle. According to every word I've ever heard about this ship... hell, you guys are doin' just fine." She cracked a smile and crossed her right knee over the opposite leg. "I've got to step up my game. I've had it pretty cozy so far." She chuckled. "Places like the Citadel, Eden Prime, Earth... I've had to fight off a few mercs and a few geth in my time. But... other than that, it's really all just training. I'm not trying to sell myself short here. I'm just as good fighting here as I was in a hospital. I just hope I can live up to the job expectations."

She drummed her fingers on Nali's desk, deep in though. "It's really somethin' when they expect you to save one man's life and take the other's. Something I'll have to get used to." She cleared her throat and changed the subject. "There's no chance of me getting down to the med bay, is there? I know I'm not the head officer... but I'd really like to look at everyone. Or at least get a hold of their medical records. That would be fun too."

Godoriko's Husband

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image
        Well I won't back down
        No I won't back down
        Y
        ou can stand me up at the gates of HELL
        And I won't back down

╔════════════════════

"Hey." Owyn began as if to snap Karii out of some sort of trance. He looked accusingly at her, though not threateningly. He spoke sternly. "You stop thinking like that right now. Nothing you coulda done." he began. It was true, and Owyn believed it a hundred percent as he continued "You saw your first real blood down there, and you got a bad share of it. What happened to Korvis..." Owyn trailed off, looking to the ceiling for a moment and pondering it. It was really a horrible sight, and Owyn found himself at a loss for words to describe it's horror to Karii. Though, to be fair, she'd all ready seen it. Owyn turned back to face the quarian and spoke solemnly, his eyes saddened by the thought. "It woulda ******** me up too when I was younger." he said. Even though it didn't totally debilitate him, it was still up there on the list of horrible things Owyn had seen during his military life. It was the sort of thing you expected from a ruthless batarian mercenary or a brutal krogan battlemaster with a hostage. These Moons just seemed to get more and more terrifying.

Owyn decided to try and brighten the mood by saying with a smile on his face "Hey, that new doctor's coming in soon. I've heard she's a real firecracker." he said, a sort of gleam in his bare-toothed smile. "D'ya think she'll be hot?" the question was rhetorical, as far as Owyn knew Karii was straight, it was merely an opportunity to lighten the mood. Owyn lay his head back on the pillow and looked up at the dim, soothing lights on the medbay's ceiling. Soon he'd be taken into surgery in the next room along. Owyn wondered if the doctor was gonna yell at him for cauterising his own wound...

Probably.
════════════════════╝

User Image

Captain Skipperis...
[datcap'n]At : USV Amazon, Deck 2 [Med-Bay]
[datcap'n]With : Karii'Lianah vas Amazon nar Artura
[datcap'n]Doing : Lying down, waiting.
[datcap'n]Feeling : Pain, tinged with a bit of relief.

[cap'n]No I'll stand my ground
[cap'n]Won't be turned around
[cap'n]And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
[cap'n]Gonna stand my ground
[cap'n]And I won't back down

[cap'n]Hey baby! there ain't no easy way out!
[cap'n]Hey I! will stand my ground!
          Ivan Aleksandrov
          with: Veronica + Na'al + Other Crew Members

User Image
Well. That just left more time for experimenting. He'd have to make Veronica a series of smaller cakes in order to most closely simulate the one that she really liked. Then, take notes varying on her reactions to test more recipes out on her. Marcello had had a little sweet tooth, too, and Ivan indulged him every chance that he got. Maybe he could try some cakes with vanilla bean icing with a fruit drizzle. She'd probably go bananas over that.

Hah! He didn't even need to try being funny! He just made those jokes up in his head all the time!

A quick glance down at the vegetables and all Ivan could think of was: Well, she tried. They were at awkward angles and inconsistent shapes. Thankfully, they were all bite-sized, so Ivan didn't have to go over her work twice and make her feel like she made a mistake. Ivan deftly poured the vegetables and his pan creation into the soup and put a lid on the giant pot. The pot was actually very special-- the asari had patented a way for pots to be self-stir. He didn't know the sciencey details, but it meant that he didn't have to hover over it while it did its thing. Ivan set the soup to simmer, activated the timer on his omni-tool and turned to Veronica.

"If you do not want to tell me, is okay," he started with a shrug, "but you will always be the person who saved me." Ivan smiled. If this had been a movie, a sparkle of light would've flashed off of his teeth. "Thank you. Have not said it before, but means a lot to me. Not leaving me behind." He wasn't attracted to her, but that didn't mean that he couldn't be sincerely touched by a squadmate's refusal to leave him bleeding in front of a giant Reaper. "I am very happy to already making such good friend on Amazon."

Did anyone try to save Marcello? What were his last words? What was he doing right before he--... Ivan clenched his fist and grabbed a glass. As he filled it with water, he berated himself. He was supposed to be done with his grieving. He became a hermit for almost a year to get over Marcello. Ivan hadn't passed a psych test just to get hung up on him. He sipped and looked back at Veronica. Time to pull himself together. "Has been very long time since I had someone to talk to. Feels nice to open up a little."

that's his way of life

Hellsnick's Wife

Friend

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tipsy 100
User Image
User Image

Jask followed Ai through the halls towards engineering, quickly agreeing to look over the footage with her. He had never really spent too much time down there in particular, other than when he had been aimlessly exploring the ship; though it did seem like a place he would like. If only to have somewhere to go and hide out from everyone else for a while…

He looked around the area with interest as they stepped into Ai’s little ‘cubby’ that she had made foe herself, and Jask once again found himself amused with her. He had always loved cramped-up spaces as well, even to the point of arranging his bed so he slept between the wall and a crumpled up blanket. It was just more comfortable, and apparently Ai thought that way too.

They sat down and replayed footage segment after footage segment, and Jask was glued to the screen the entire time. He’d never had a chance to actually see himself or the others in action before. It was fascinating, and exciting, and the thought that he was watching himself brutally end the lives of soldiers he had never known didn’t even cross his mind. He just stayed transfixed in a way, watching themselves; and the Reaper. Jask felt his eyes narrow and his fist clench in his lap the first few times they had watched the footage of Precursor. The sheer size of that thing was more than enough to instill intimidation in them. Let alone the fact that little-to-nothing was currently known about them; and also the prospect that an army of them could be waiting in dark space. One was bad enough, but thousands? He hadn’t seriously considered the threat until that moment. He didn’t like it one bit though.

His attention was broken from the recording when Ai spoke up and asked them about their past history with the “zombie things”, and Jask sat up straighter from his previous leaned-forward position to address her. “Been seeing more of them lately. Before, not so much.” He said, turning to face her and resting his hands on his legs. “Have seen turian many times, and krogan…” He thought for a moment, “We killed it before, but it came back. Looked different though. More like machine this time.” He recalled, growling slightly. It was frustrating to think that, even when the super soldiers were killed, they could be brought back. How they were being brought back, he had no clue. But obviously it was being done.

█ █ HUMANS ARE CRAZY

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces