Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
User Image
Black Widow-------

As if on cue, two large tethers cascaded down from the craft a few yards in front of the pair. Two men soon ascended to the ground, each wearing matching SHIELD jumpsuits. They didn't speak, only went to work- one heading to the gas station on retrieval, the other taking care of the doctor's room. Guiding Bruce, Natasha moved over to the ropes. She opened her coat which revealed an already worn harness to which she hooked the cord to.

“Alright,” she said, grasping the other and briskly walking over to him. “Now, first you need to step into these..” she began, helping him into the leather straps. “Then this goes over your shoulder.. and then this locks around your chest..” She then gave the rig a swift tug, tightening it around him. “Alright. Think we're good to go. Any questions, Dr. Banner?”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

XXAnger towards my friend:
XXXXI told my rage, my rage did end.

He wrung his hands again watching the two descend. Was that the way they were going up? A quick glance at Natasha told him yes. He did as she said and stepped into the harness, but he still had a deep sinking feeling. He mostly stood there blankly as she secured the harness to him. "Please just call me Bruce," he said, glancing at the Helicarrier. To her credit, the harness was nice and snug, but once the tether was secured he reconsidered. "Are you sure this is.... y'know, safe? I mean.... just this one cord?" That helicarrier might as well have been a million miles away.

Anger towards my foe:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I told it not, my rage did grow.XXXXXX

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
Black Widow-------

As she stood there, Natasha pondered how such a dangerous man could be so timid and fearful. However, perhaps that was the deadliest feature to the Hulk.

"Bruce, relax," she replied, offering a comforting smile. "Remember what I said? You're an extremely valuable asset to us. We wouldn't put your life on the line over something as trivial as an evac. I promise." She moved over and grasped his hand, placing it over the main rope and giving it a squeeze. "When you're ready, just give it a tug," she reassured as she released her hold and took a couple steps back.

"Just like-" she gave her own line a tug "-this." Within an instant, Natasha was hoisted from the ground and began her ascent towards the craft.

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He was instantly relieved by her smile, to the extent that he felt silly even asking. He was silly for asking, in fact. "Oh, right. Um, of course...." He flashed a smile of his own as she took his hand and placed it on the rope. He didn't immediately tug it after she had done so to hers and subsequently zoomed upward. He took a few deep breaths first, then closed his eyes and gave the rope a tug. He was hoisted upward, the harness holding him uncomfortably tightly. He didn't open his eyes until he had come to a stop and was being pulled in. He stepped in and moved far away from the hatch, shaking his head. That was something he definitely never wanted to do again.

Invisible Phantom

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
The Rider walked into the main chamber. Everywhere he looked the sight of
flames and torture were everywhere. the stink of sulfur and fresh blood fought for
dominance in here. " You summoned me, My lord"? The rider's voice was low and
the spans of eons could be heard in the deep baritone. The large demon in the
center of the room stood up from his throne. " Yes, I did." The Demon replied.
"I have work for you" As It spoke, The demon glided of to a raised dias that
contained a pool of blood 4' in diameter. As the demon raised his arm and waved
across the surface rippled and was replaced with an image of a city. "This is your
new assignment. I want you to go and stop The Lords.Twelve demons that escaped
my grasp thousands of years ago. You will go and you will capture them all." Is
that clear?" The demon asked. " Yes, my Lord, it is," the rider replied. The Rider
turned and walked from the chamber.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image

User Image

“Try and keep up, Dr. Banner.”

An hour had past since his initial arrive, and though Peggy knew what kind of threat and danger Banner held inside it was easy to forget. From what she had personally witness in the short time he was here, the doctor was quite polite, quiet, and attentive even while being, understandably, on edge. As the two walked down the halls, she had briefed him on several key location- the command center, debriefing room, engine rooms- and now, they were finally on the commons deck.

“Down that corridor is this floor's kitchen area,” she explained, pointing at a large set of glass double doors. “You can prepare a anything to your liking yourself, or ask the staff to help you out if need be. Open all day and night.” Continuing on, she guided him down another hallway which now seemed like a large catwalk, the right laced with closed doors and the left opening up into a dual floor gym, all with glass walls. “This is where we keep our physical training rooms for our agents and heroes alike. It houses a wide variety activities, be it physical exertion, combat practice, or peaceful meditation.” She leaned over the railing and scanned the room, spying the Widow taking her frustrations out on a punching bag. “And, you've already met Agent Romanoff.” As if on cue, the surly red-head eyed the two. Peggy offered a small wave, Natasha turned and continued her thrashing. “Such a peach,” she gruffed, raising a brow. “Anyway, this is all open to you anytime you need.” She turned back to Bruce then offering a small smile, hoping she wasn't overwhelming him.

“I know it's quite a bit to take in and adjust to,” she added sympathetically. “However, you'll also be assigned a liaison with the agency to help you get situated, or aid in whatever troubles you have. So if you ever forget where something is or need a tour again, they'll be more than happy to help.”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

"Oh, sorry...." He quickly caught up with Lt. Carter. His mind had been wandering more or less since he arrived and Natasha had gone to do whatever she did. The tour was interesting enough; SHIELD had impressive facilities and equipment, but everything and everyone was still so fragile. If something were to happen, what would they do? He didn't like being around other people, and now he was trapped with hundreds of others who could all potentially be destroyed if he lost control of himself. He wasn't worth hundreds of lives. He wasn't even worth one.

He continued with the tour, examining all the amenities available. Again, it was impressive, but he hoped to be leaving soon. That was too much to hope for, he knew. It could be weeks or even months before they were able to do what they'd set out to.

Over the rail Bruce also saw Natasha and watched as she snubbed Peggy's gesture. It was strange as she'd seemed so nice before. He had wondered why she couldn't give him his tour. "Thank you, Lt. Carter," Bruce said. "I think I'd like to see my room now, if that's ok."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image

User Image“Oh, of course,” she replied. “Should be done now. It's right down this way in fact.” She continued along the hallway in silence; it was obvious he had grown tired of her banter as well as the tour and she really couldn't blame him. It was protocol however, and if any one should be fallowing protocol it was Bruce Banner. As the corridor began to curve to an end, it became illuminated from several glass walls. Upon approach, a vast array of mechanical devices, counter tops, and walls upon walls of books could be seen inside.

“This, Dr. Banner, is your own private wing of the Helicarrier,” she explained, gesturing towards the doorway. She entered, holding the door for him, then began to pace around the lab as she continued. “We created a state-of-the-art laboratory for your hands only. Each piece of equipment is top of the line and has been tested and examined thoroughly. We've also stocked and complied a small amount of chemicals and materials we thought you might find useful, but given our lack of research on.. well, you're research, we weren't exact sure what you'd need. Just comply a list at your leisure and your liaison will take care of the rest. There is also a small lounge, complete with couch and computer desk for a more comfortable night of research if you so desire. Oh, and privacy curtains for each wall, in case you're feeling a bit on display. However, since this is your own wing, there will be little to no traffic unless you're need.” As they reached the back wall, she gestured to another doorway.

“Your room is attached, right through there and is stocked with several articles of clothing. Again, if it's not to your liking, just let us know and we'll remedy it as soon as possible. We also placed your personal bag of belongings upon your desk and.. cleansed the exterior of, well, whatever was on it. There's also a fully stocked restroom in the back, complete with shower and sink.” Taking a breath, she turned back towards him and offer a tired smile.

“I do believe that is it,” she stated. “Any questions, comments, concerns?”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He followed her in silence as she led him to a room that looked strangely unlike a bedroom. He gave a polite nod and smile while she held the door for him and looked around. As she led him through the area, he placed his hand on a few of the objects. It had been so long since he'd even seen equipment such as this. The kinds of things he could do with the resources SHIELD had provided.... It was possible he could finally find a cure.

At the back wall she showed him to his room, and what a room it was. It was simple and yet.... comfortable. Too comfortable. He didn't want to be too comfortable. Still, he answered her tired smile with one his own. "Thank you, Lt. Carter. This is more than I could have asked for. Too good to be true, I'd say. I do have one question.... Would you happen to know who my liaison will be?"

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image

Hearing his contentment was more than a load off Peggy's mind. Though she wasn't as fearful of him transforming as she should be, any sign of stress relief, regardless of how small, was a welcome sight. At his question, she raised her brow, pondering the question herself.

"We've compiled a list of several agents at the moment," she replied."However, I believe Dr. Ames was the top candidate as of this morning, given his scientific background. I can give him a now if you'd like, introduce you?" As she looked over at Bruce, she realized he hadn't asked haphazardly, in fact, he wouldn't have asked at all without good reason. "Forgive me, Dr. Banner. I know this situation seems overwhelming, even moreso having to be paired with a complete stranger without your personal involvement. I forget how foreign this charade can be sometimes.. I've been with the program a very long while." She trailed off and offered an apologetic gaze. "Would you like to take a look at the list first? Or perhaps you had a request? I can't guarantee we can being someone in from the outside though.."

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He was wary of working with a stranger. Not that it couldn't be nice to work with another doctor, he just felt it might be easier if he were allowed to pursue his own goal without... intrusion. He brightened as she continued. Perhaps there was something that could be done after all. He smiled a little as she asked if he had a preference, glad that now he didn't have to presume to make a request. "Since you ask, I did have someone in mind...." he said. "If it would be alright, I think I'd probably feel most comfortable with Ms... I mean, Agent Romanoff. She was very kind to me. If not for her, I don't think I'd be here at all."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image

When he mentioned Natasha, Peggy raised her brow. Whatever spiel the Russian had given him seemed to have stuck.

"Though I have no doubt that Agent Romanoff played a large part in your recruitment, her skill set isn't really aimed towards being a liaison. She's more.. in-tuned with being a field agent. Besides, given her volatile past, she might not be the best choice for you, Dr. Banner.." She paused, silently pondering the concept further. She didn't want to bluntly deny his request, or at all in fact. However, she was fearful this might change things significantly with either decision she made. Taking a breath, she nodded.

"If you're absolutely sure?"

Invisible Phantom

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
Many years. So many years. They passed in a blink,they crawled slower than the cosmos. The Symbiote lay, Buried and forgotten, Hibernating. The rattling of rock and the heat of the flames were barely noticed as the shuttle craft landed. The hatch opened and two men stepped out of the craft and on to the red sand that covered the planet. The symbiote stirred at the presence of life energy. "Freedom" Echoed faintly in the Symbiote's mind. The astronaunts conversed quickly and set about gathering thier tools and taking specimens and pictures. The Symbiote, dimly aware, changed its coloring to match the sand, wrapped itself tightly to a rock that one of the astronaunts was reaching for. The astronaunt sensing nothing, picked up the rock and placed it into a jar, Sealed it and added it to the collecction he already had. With their work finished, the astronaunts packed up their tools, climbed abourd their craft and lauched themselves back into the reaches of space. after the shuttle craft had docked with the main craft, the astronauts took all their findings and moved forward to pilot the craft home. The Symbiote oozed out of the container and slithered its way through the craft, following the path of the energy it needed....

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He looked hopeful for a moment, but was disappointed again by her reply. "Oh.... Well, if she has other duties I couldn't ask that she ignore those just for me," he said. "I would have liked to have someone that I knew. We can't always get what we want though, right? Dr. Ames will be fine."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image

For a moment, Peggy was relieved at his peaceful submission. However, as she began formulating her words, she found they wouldn't leave her mouth. Instead, she silently looked at Bruce, contemplating what he was really there to do with the agency. Though he was a talented scientist and would provide a great deal of research data for them, he was also a super-powered behemoth and SHIELD would be a fool not to try and use him as such. However, that would take time, patience, and self-control. If there was one person on this craft that could provide that, it was Natasha. She also stood the best chance of walking away if things went awry. Was that reason enough? Probably not. Then again, she also remembered another quiet man who was in need of reassurance from a faithful spitfire. Her eyes drifted off for a moment as a faint smile curled upon her lips. Meeting his gaze again, she finally found her words.

“Actually, Dr. Banner,” she said softly, “I think Natasha would be perfect for you.” She nodded a few times, her tired eyes drifting to days long past. “I was wrong to doubt it.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff