Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
Eddie Brock walked out of the T.V. station with his paycheck in his pocket. $400 for a weeks worth of work. "Not bad", He mumbled to himself. If this work kept up and he scored a few good stories, J.J. would have no choice but to bump him up to a better shift. "and maybe some better pay", He thought. As he walked over to the news van he sighed though, "If only it were now, instead of later". He walked over to the passenger door, opened it and climbed in. Inside the van, the cameraman and the sound tech were waiting, unfortunately, the cameraman was too busy listening to his MP3 player to notice. Eddie barked at him. "HEY" He hollered, scaring the hell out of the guy. With a sheepish look, the caremaman apologized, started the van and drove off to cover another night of stories that no one probably watched.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User ImageUser Image
Black Widow-------

“Mr. Robert Baker,” she stated as she open the dossier in her left hand. “Aka, Dr. Bruce Bradshaw, AKA Bradly Bainer, AKA, Barry Bloom, AKA, Bruce Bowie.” Her eyes then met his once more, now sad and disappointed. Letting out a sigh, she closed the folder. “Dr. Banner, I came to you with full honesty- not with lie or broken promise, no back-up, or military force, or even the local police. I even knocked politely. I know you're an intelligent man so I treated you as such. I only wish you'd give me the same courtesy.” She offered a small smirk as well. “Besides, are you really going to leave a girl out in the rain?”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

XXAnger towards my friend:
XXXXI told my rage, my rage did end.

"You have an umbrella." He closed his door and paused for a moment. So he was found out. It was strange that they would send only one person to apprehend him.... Not that it would have mattered if they'd sent one hundred. Maybe that was the reason they'd only sent one.
He undid the chain bolt with a sigh and opened the door fully. "Ms. Romanoff, was it? Please come in. I apologize, but you understand it was worth a shot. Can I get you some tea?"

Anger towards my foe:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I told it not, my rage did grow.XXXXXX

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
Black Widow-------

“Thank you,” she replied, as she stepped inside. “And tea would be great, especially in this weather.” She shook out her umbrella and closed it accordingly, leaning it near the door. Her eyes then wandered around the motel room, scanning for threats or weaponry to which she saw none, other than Bruce that is. The room itself looked nearly as dilapidated as she had imagined from the exterior. However, she had seen and been in worse, but not nearly as long as Dr. Banner. Pushing the thought aside, she spied the standard table and chair layout most rented rooms provided and took a seat, the dossier still held tightly under her arm.

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He went over to the pot of tea and poured a cup for her, freshening up his own cup while he was at it. As he did, he glanced at his shirt pocket. "I'm sorry I don't have any sugar. Or mugs for that matter," he said as he hunched over the pot. "I wasn't expecting company today."
He returned, handing a cup to her before sitting at the table across from her. He took a sip of tea, then lifted his glasses to rub at his eyes. "Alright, what can I do for you, Ms. Romanoff?"

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
Black Widow-------

As he approached, she gave the doctor a nod of thanks and grasped the tea. She took a brief sip as he sat down, but once he mentioned her motives, she knew the time of small talk was over.

“The last few days have been fairly eventful for SHIELD, Dr. Banner,” she began. “We've been on the trail of several high level bio-chemical threats from the terrorist organization HYDRA. At first, the contents and evidence we found were linked to the Super Solider Serum, the drug used in Project Rebirth in the 1940's. Though true, HYDRA had and is still attempting the recreation of S3, that only scratches the surface. Through a vast amount of encrypted files taken from one of their subsidiaries, we found these.”

At this, she haphazardly threw the dossier on the table. The force knocked several pictures loose, each showing horrifically altered human subjects, most of which were deceased or in the process of become so. There were notes as well along with complex dosage charts, formula references, and dictated descriptions from audio files. Natasha eyed the man sternly, placing her tea down and re-situating into a more authoritative position.

“Steve Rogers isn't the only model for the group's super army, Dr. Banner,” she stated coldly. “So are you.” She waited momentarily before continuing.

“SHIELD believes you're behind this, Dr. Banner,” she admitted, her tone blunt and callous. “From the chemicals found in your various motel raids, to the complex formulaic designs of the equipment, and even the methodical process behind it all- each piece of evidence we found, both physical and digital, right down to the notes reflected your personal data as well your research from Culver Institute that we thought had been destroyed. Given this as well as your countless faux aliases and evasion of law enforcement, I was sent to confirm your betrayal.” Her eyes narrowed briefly as she continued to stare him down. However, she shifted in her seat once more, crossing her arms and placing them atop her legs.

“I, however, think you're as in the dark as they are,” she continued earnestly. “In fact, I might be the only one.” Her eyes softened, as did her ridged exterior. “Before coming here, I read your file, meditated on it, analyzed it. From what I've read and seen just now, as well as what I've pieced together, your only destructive side towards humanity comes out in one way. Given you're passion to rid yourself of Him as well as the rest of the world, I don't see a motive behind making further copies, do you?”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

Her mention of HYDRA gave him pause and he returned his gaze to her. It was about the serum then. That was why she had come to his door. He adjusted his glasses as she slid the dossier his way. He compulsively gathered the photos and placed them back inside the folder before looking at them all. Each scene was more grisly than the last, and many of the people looked worse even than the Abomination. And this was all simply from the serum? That wasn't right. Experiments with the serum alone should not have done this.

She confirmed his fears then in stating that HYDRA was attempting to create a 'Hulk'. It was almost too much that she then stated that SHIELD suspected him of helping them. He narrowed his eyes and looked back at her. There was no way at all. How could they see what he was working on and still believe he could want to unleash more of himself on the world?

"Sounds like you really are smart. No, I'm not helping HYDRA repeat my mistake. I don't know how they got their hands on my data, but I do know... that this could work. They're close. Their serum research is miles away from the kind of success they could be looking at using mine."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
Black Widow-------

After gauging his reaction, Natasha knew he was being truthful and really had no knowledge of the events. Though she had figured as much, it was still a welcomed relief. Given the situation, there really wasn't a Plan B. Slowly, she grasped the dossier from the table and placed it back in her lap, her eyes returning to his.

“To make matters worse, they won't stop,” she explained. “HYDRA doesn't have an ethics code, nor safety protocols- they are lawless, detrimental thugs that just want to see the world burn. They will take test subjects, both willing and forced, until they perfect this serum or destroy the world by trying.” She paused, allowing her words to set in as well as formulate her next phrase. Taking a breath, she continued.

“As stated before, my mission was to find out where your loyalties were Dr. Banner. However, that was just the first objective. My second was to convince you to join us in stopping these atrocities.”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

"Work with SHIELD? No." he replied, not even considering the idea. "Their goal is the same as HYDRA's. I know what will happen as soon as HYDRA is dealt with: SHIELD will take the research for themselves and then turn their sights on me. They'll cut me open and find out why I am the way that I am, and they'll use it to build their own army. It's what they've been trying to do for years. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that though, Ms. Romanoff."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
Black Widow-------

“Dr. Banner,” she began, “forgive me for being direct, but you're the biggest security threat to the world at this point. You're a genetically-altered super being capable of mass destruction by day and replanting yourself back within society, completely unscathed, by night, the most dangerous part being your inability to control it all. Even if we wanted to cut you open, there's not a blade, nor bullet, nor explosive that can even begin to affect what you are, and regardless of how omnipotent and mighty SHIELD carries itself, it knows there's not a cage strong enough to hold you against your will. As far as power structures go, in all honesty, your at the very top. We'd be a fool to lose you as an ally, Dr. Banner, because if HYDRA does succeed in their endeavors, you're the only person who could stand a chance, the only one who could save not only us, but the world.” She sat back in her chair, her eyes still studying his.

“Truthfully, we need you much more than you need us,” she explained sincerely, “and though I can't speak for the entire agency, I know I wouldn't jeopardize your trust when my well being rests on your shoulders. I'd be a fool to do so.”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

For a moment it seemed she was admonishing him for having his condition, but what she was saying was nothing more than the truth. There was one thing she was wrong about though - there was no way he could save the world. He was just Bruce, and the Other Guy was.... well, he was the Other Guy. She had a much higher opinion of Bruce than he had of himself, and actually it put his mind at ease some. He never actually thought of himself as having any power simply because he spent all his time as a slave to something else. He knew the Other Guy was capable of immense destruction, but to use that as some kind of a threat.... He'd never have considered it.

"Thank you for being so.... frank," he said. "I doubt another agent would show such courtesy." Maybe that was why she had been sent alone, he thought. She didn't need anyone else. "I'll... I'll do it. But only on the condition that the data be destroyed. Whatever the cost, I just can't allow that research to continue."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
Black Widow-------

A polite smile curled on her lips at his acceptance. She hadn't really thought it'd be that easy, but to be honest she was extremely grateful it was. Her authoritative posture soon turned docile and lax as she gave him a nod.

“I'll see to that personally,” she replied. With that, she took the final sip of her tea and arose. “Then it's settled,” she continued, reaching into her pocket and grasping her phone. “Do you need some time to pack?”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

When she smiled and relaxed it in turn relaxed him more. He didn't even realized she was tense until she had relaxed. "I already am," he replied. "My bag is in a dumpster at the gas station down the street. Just need to return these before we go get it." He produced the room keys from his pocket and held them up, then also produced a small case in which he placed his glasses. "Shall we?"

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
Black Widow-------

As he spoke, Natasha began tinkering with the phone and placed it to her ear. When he produced the keys, she grasped them and tossed them on the bed.

“Room's taken care of,” she replied in whisper, a smirk on her face. When the phone picked up, she finally took her eyes off him, turning towards the door. “Yes. Yes, the Doctor will be joining us.” She then glanced over her shoulder at him, looking him up and down. “No, he's clean. Shouldn't be a problem.. I'd stake my reputation on it. Her eyes then face forward once more as she continued. We will be needing an agent to pick up his belongings. In the dumpster outside the station.” She stated a few more yeses and noes after that, then a sigh as she hung up. She turned towards him once more and reached into her coat to present him with a small, collapsible umbrella of his own. Taking hers, she gave him a nod.

“Now, we shall,” she told him as she opened the door. She stood there for a few moments, gazing to the stormy skies above. Right on time, she saw her cue. From over the horizon, the storm clouds began to part in a precise, linear pattern. Opening her umbrella, Natasha finally exited the room with a stride in her step. Within a matter of moments, the rain that had once pelted the desolate lot had completely ceased. There was a soft noise, then a flicker in the sky, and soon the Helicarrier became visible directly above the two. Turning to face him once more, Natasha smiled.

“Welcome to SHIELD, Dr. Banner.”

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He watched as she took the keys and threw them onto the bed. "Oh, okay then." He pocketed his glasses case and began to wring his now empty hands together as he listened to her conversation. He looked around the room and found something for his hands to do for a moment. He pulled on his jacket around the time she was finishing her conversation and accepted the proffered umbrella.
He looked over shoulder as she stood at the door gazing out. It took a moment but he suddenly saw what she was seeing. It looked like it could be some kind of aircraft parting the clouds, but it had to be much larger. This made it all the more strange that he couldn't actually see it. It was getting closer and closer, it had to be huge, and yet it was completely disguised from view. When she exited at last, he followed suit and opened his umbrella, still watching the large craft approach. He didn't realize it was above them at all until the rain stopped and the craft became visible. He closed his umbrella and shook the moisture off.
"I'm beginning to have second thoughts," he said. "How are we even supposed to get up there?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas