Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barking Strawberry

May found herself torn, wondering what she should do. Having never been in such a situation, she found herself freezing up as she weighed the pros and cons of what she should do.

Above her, the Green Goblin smiled behind his mask and seeing that the wannabe was actually thinking about what he'd said, he suddenly cackled out, "Times up!" and flying higher, he started heading away, screeching out, "I think I'll just drop them," and pressing on the remote, he reached down for a couple grenades, deciding that forcing the wannabe into action was so much better

Snapping back to the present, hearing what the Green Goblin was saying, May Parker stepped back into the shadows without even thinking and teleporting to a new location, she sent a line of webbing out. Pulling herself into the air, she brought a globe of shadows down around her, protecting her identity from any that might be watching and seeing the hell-spawn flying in the direction he had indicated, she began to move.

As he flew over the city, the Green Goblin casually glanced back and noting that the wannabe was following him, he called out, "Decided to let them die?" as he threw the grenade he was holding and relished when it exploded the moment it hit a rooftop.

Unable to hear what was being shouted on her, May Parker concentrated on her course. Diverting slightly, she prayed that she had enough time. Finding more shadows, she once again teleported herself to a new location. Finding more shadows, she did it again. Sending out another line of webbing, she began to alternate her mode of transportation between using the shadows and the webbing that came out of her wrists.

Cackling, the Green Goblin watched as the blob of darkness, which he knew the wannabe had enveloped herself in, moved quickly across the city, pulling slowly away and to his left. Throwing another grenade, he screeched out, "Better hurry," and than began to cackle.

As she moved, May heard the sounds of explosions and silently hoping that the damage from whatever the hell-spawn threw wasn't to severe, she also prayed that she would reach the two captives in time. Pausing briefly to look about, she spied two free-falling figures and sending out a line of webbing she began to quickly zip towards the falling people. Gaining height, she began to let herself fall and the moment she was within suitable distance, she shot out a line of webbing, not really paying attention who she caught first.

Magical Warrior

Baron Zemo, Head of HYDRAXXXXXX

"Oooh, my dear fräulein.... Can it not be both?" He paused for a moment as he imagined the expression she was wearing. "You've done well, Viper. I expected no less. If there are no issues then we are ready to proceed. Await my order."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMadame Hydra // Viperxx

At his words, she raised a brow. She understood full well the gravity of her work and hadn't expected anything less, but that didn't mean she had expected him to deliver deserving praise. Her grin faded to a smirk of pleasure.

"Always," she simply stated before cutting the feed. Still quite pleased with herself, she leaned back in her her chair. Now, she would wait.

Barking Strawberry

The Green Goblin watched as the wannabe, still encased in her precious globe of darkness, deviated away from him and than at the last minute catch one of the falling figures. Grinning at her choice, he thought about going after her and maybe causing her drop the one she'd just saved. Instead, he turned and deciding he didn't want to stick around while the other one died, he glided off.

As he did so, he causally reached down and withdrew two grenades. Cackling his insane laugh, he figured he had enough time to make a couple of the ones who'd dare cross Norman pay for their transgressions before the wannabe came for him.

May, moving quicker than she'd ever moved, shot out a line of webbing and without realising who she was catching, caught the free-falling form of J Jonah Jameson Sr. It was only in the instand that she dropped and shot another line of webbing, preparing to go after the second person, that she became aware of who'd she caught the moment he started kicking her, screaming, "Let me go, you wall crawling freak!" as he did so.

"Stop that," she hissed out in a raspy voice.

Kicking more frantically, apparently unaware of his precarious situation, J Jonah screamed back, "And why should I. This is all your fault," and struggling more, he attempted to punch her as he continued to kick.

Firing another line of webbing, dropping lower, trying to plan her trajectory so that she could intersect the falling Peter Parker, she suddenly lost her grip and fell nearly fifteen stories when J Jonah finally managed to get his hand and arm free, hauled back and walloped her in the side of the head. Realising that she was now off, May corrected in mid-swing, screaming out in the same raspy voice, "Don't do that or all three of us will die!"

"If it rids the city of a menace like you, than so be it," J Jonah shrieked into her ear, and hauling back, he prepared to hit her again.

Thinking she might have made a mistake on who to save, May mentally chided herself on such thougths as she glanced about. Quickly figuring the angle of trajectory, momentarly glad that J Jonah couldn't see her, she fired another line and began to move. As she did this, J Jonah clobbered her again and finding once again her path unattainable, she did what she felt was the simple thing; she let go of J Jonah.

As she fell, May glanced at the falling head of The Daily Bugle, glanced over at Peter, realised she had only one shot, quickly fired two lines of webbing and as one caught J Jonah and the other caught the building, May allowed the momentum to carry her in one direction while the other carried Senior through a window.

As she heard J Jonah start to curse, May fired another line of webbing and drawing closer, she let go of the web-line. Stretching out her arms, trying to grasp the falling figure, she gasped and than screamed as the figure shot past her, fell the remaining eleven stories and impacted into a parked car on the street below. Quickly correcting her fall, so that she didn't suffer the same fate, May Parker dropped to the street and simple started as the onlookers began to gather, silently glad that none could see past the globe of shadows she had wrapped around herself.

Magical Warrior

He turned with the creature and beat his wings, sending powerful gusts of air at the Man-Spider. At the same time he also payed attention to the shadowy claws of the creature. It was powerful indeed. After a minute or two of both parties watching and waiting, Mephisto decided to really drive the intent home and unleashed a vicious roar, then followed this by beating its wings a little harder, directing a more powerful gust of air at the creature.

Barking Strawberry

Continuing to lash out, the Man-Spider's bestial mind went to work and as he held himself in check against the gust of wind, he came to the simple conclusion; this was not the leader of this realm, but some trickster pretending. Launching himself forward, he attempted to leap onto the back of the winged creature. As he jumped, all his eight arms shot and began firing webbing, searching for both anchoring points and a way to bind the beast

From where he was hidden, Kreios watched this and wondering if Mephisto was testing this Man-Spider in some way, he decided he to had had enough. Springing from his hiding spot, drawing forth his powers he rushed forward. As he swung with his fist, he screamed out at the Man-Spider, "Back off, little one! You are in way over you head!"

Magical Warrior

Mephisto was not himself fond of many of the demons in his employ. He judged them by their usefulness, and currently this Man-Spider, while powerful, shared the problem many of the bearers of Zarathos' power did - he was too wily. Mephisto couldn't use something that he couldn't control. He still wasn't ready to give up on this one yet, though.
As Kreios came to stop the Man-Spider, Mephisto raised a hand to stop him. "No, this one needs to be broken. I think he can be made to serve."
In a moment Mephisto's body became obscured as its features faded and shifted. His own form was as chaotic and unpredictable as his realm, and in his realm his power was nigh-unlimited. The wings the Man-Spider was settled between became a claw which closed around the creature, while at the same time the rest of his form shifted and grew to become an even greater beast than before.

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He'd gone through the sedative about halfway through their flight, but spent the rest of it unmoving, at first trying to get an idea about his surroundings without letting on that he was conscious. From where the sounds of movement were coming from he could tell he was strapped into the co-pilot seat, concluding that she'd taken him alone. After figuring out where he was at, where she was at, and whether it was just the two of them, he felt it was time to begin preparing what he was going to say. Of course his previous pep-talk was obviously pretty bad if she'd gone through with her betrayal in spite of it. Or maybe.... because of it? Still, he had to try. If nothing else he could run directly away. She'd talked him onto the Helicarrier, but they both knew she couldn't force him to go anywhere.
Once they landed he remained still for a while waiting. He heard movement as she left, then nothing for a while. Figuring she'd probably gone away, he finally sat up and unstrapped himself. Had she intended to just leave him here to walk away? Maybe she was setting him free. He couldn't be sure. Slowly, cautiously he disembarked, studying his surroundings as he climbed out of the jet. Only then did he see her, literally right there seemingly waiting for him, sipping tea.
"I have this big speech prepared about why you shouldn't betray SHIELD, but it's probably not very good. Wanna hear it anyway?"

Shadowy Shapeshifter

User ImageUser Image
Black Widow-------

She was wondering how long it would take him to exit. At first, she pondered if her actions were too subtle, or her footsteps not loud enough. Now, seeing him before her, she knew her ruse worked better than his. She didn't smile nor fret, just simply maintained her usual stoic demeanor as she played with the submerged trinket in her cup of tea. It wasn't nearly strong enough for the time, nor her sleepless night.

"You are a brilliant scientist, Bruce, but you're pretty bad at pep talks... However, given you've spent hours stewing on it during our trip, I'd just be a jerk to abjure now." Her brow raised as she met him with a deadpan stir. After another sip, she held out the grizzled mug in offering.

Magical Warrior

Bruce Banner

He wore a half amused and half sheepish expression as he accepted the mug and took a sip. "I really can't get anything past you, can I?" He sat down beside her and paused a moment, composing his thoughts just a little more before finally saying, "I don't get it. I know you're a spy, but even acknowledging that it seems so sudden, and out of left field. I know you're afraid. I am too, but.... I wasn't entirely truthful earlier. I mean, I am afraid of what I'm capable of, but it's something deeper than that.... When I transform, it's something so freeing, so liberating. And with all the control that I have right now, as I am, I sometimes wonder why I find it so hard to change back once I'm... the other guy. I think it might be because I don't want to. I want to find a way to control it and stay myself, because if I'm being honest, if I could stay that way all the time and not have to worry about destroying everything, I would. I'm a weak man and the only help I can offer to anyone is from the sidelines. And that's what I'm afraid of, really - I'm afraid that someday I won't care so much about the destroying part because of just how strong it makes me feel. That's why I have to fight every day to stay as I am. I choose to be Bruce Banner and to do my best to help, even as weak and useless as I am, because I'm the only person who can stop me. It's the same for you, and that's a choice you have to make as well - are you Natasha Romanoff, or are you the Black Widow?"

Barking Strawberry

The Man-Spider felt the demon began to change and as he felt the body he was attacking shift beneath him, the Man-Spider paused for the briefest of moments, before resuming his attacks. Shifting between firing webbing, the Man-Spider clawed at the demon, intent on ripping it to pieces, unaware that sometimes some of his own claws became that of shadows.

Stopping his own attacks, wondering what was going on, Kreios looked about for his master, swearing that he'd just heard him. As the Rider did this, another figure, in a long black travelling cloak appeared and acting without thinking, he simply stated, "You do not belong here, not matter what form you posses," and gently, he began to tap the ground with what appeared to be a rather long pole, which looked a bit like something used to guide a ferry.

Unaware of Charon's presence, Madam Webb stepped back into Mephisto's realm. It had taken her a good while in locating J Jonah Jameson Jr, three weeks to be more specific, but after having finally figured what had happened the moment the young man had entered the hell dimension, she had prepared herself and acted quickly. Spying Mephisto, Kreios and than the Man-Spider, Madam Webb, failing to see Charon, raised a hand and concentrating, brought her full power to bear. As she did this, she announced to Mephisto in a commanding voice, "You shall not have this one, Demon! He is meant for something greater than your control!"

Barking Strawberry

May Parker, still wrapped in a cloak o shadows, stared at the broken and lifeless form of Peter Parker. Around her, she could hear people taking - "Did you see what happened?" "Spider-Man tried to save him, but missed!" Spider-Man killed that dude!" It wasn't Spider-Man's fault. It was that guy's!" "I got the whole incident on my phone." "Glad I brought my camera along." "Who was the other one Spider-Man tried to save?" Why is Spider-Man using some weird ability?" It was J Jonah Jameson Sr. He's the one who messed Spider-Man's rescue up!" - some screaming, some wailing, she slowly approached the still form.

Reaching out, touching the tattered, blood-soaked remains of his shirt and jacket, several things popped to mind. The first was going back up to where J Jonah Jameson Sr was a beating the life out of him for what he did. But than she thought that who she should be directing her anger at was the hell-spawn that had abducting Peter to begin with. As somebody started screaming obscenities at somebody, barely aware that J Jonah Sr himself at just exited the building, May Parker reached under Peter Parker.

As he shadow cloak engulfed the still form, she stepped back and finding shadows from the buildings, she teleported to a different location. Moving quickly, stopping only to grab what appeared to be a couple sheets, May Parker eventually ended her journey several rooftops away. Laying the body on the roof, she allowed herself to weep for the one person who'd actually shown her kindness in this time. Wondering what his aunt and uncle would say when they found out about his death, as well as her involvement in it, May Parker began to wrap the body. When she had finished with that, she placed it in the shadows until she could come back for it. Looking one last time at the still form, she brushed the tears off her face and gazing away and out at the skyline of New York, she started to run, her thoughts on locating and bringing to justice a green hell-spawn.

Magical Warrior

Mephisto paused in his efforts upon the entrance of Charon and Madame Web, then glancing over at them, he let out an exasperated sigh, feeling suddenly that he probably wouldn't be keeping this creature without some kind of trouble. He reverted back to his unnatural form to appear before them all in the form they would be most accustomed to seeing him in.
"Now why is it, pray tell, that everyone seems to think that they can come and go from my realm as they please? I turn my back on Blaze for one century and I find he's taught my new host how to leave. I'm not letting this one slip through my fingers too."
He had approached Madame Web, mainly as she was the one among them least welcome in the realm. The ferryman was at least an occasional visitor and in truth Mephisto had been expecting him to show up sooner or later. He'd merely hoped it would have been later. Charon had some claim at least, and it seemed redundant for her to also appear herself. That was unless she and Charon were not in collusion. This gave Mephisto a wonderful, terrible idea.
"No, I'm not letting this one get away. At least... not for free. You want him? Tell me, just how much? How much does this destiny of his mean to you?"

Barking Strawberry

Madam Webb glared at Mephisto in a cold manner as she stated, "I go where I feel the need to go. Unlike you, I am not bound to my realm. His destiny means much to all off us. So, as for feeling you can keep him here, I'd like to see you try." as her eyes, briefly, flicked to Charon, seeing him finally, and to the Man-Spider.

As she said this, Charon merely watched in curiosity as something strange had begun to take place with both the Man-Spider and than other demon. Decided that whatever was happening must have been the result of either him using his powers to transport the transformed human back to his realm or something that Madam Webb did as he mused Perhaps both to himself as he took an item from his robe. Gazing at it, the Ferryman found himself amazed for the first time in nearly a millennium as both the Man-Spider and Kreios' name were disappearing.

Barking Strawberry

He felt free. Free to do as he pleased, when he wanted to, how he wanted. Preparing a couple more of the specialty grenades, the Green Goblin hoped that none would dare stand in his way, feeling that the wannabe wasn't going to show. Flying over a rooftop, spying one of the ones that had dared go against Norman, the Green Goblin let loose a cackle and lined up his shot as he prepared to throw.

At the moment, he released, he thought that he heard a sound, like Twip, but deciding to ignore it, he was amazed as suddenly his grenade flew true and than began to arc back towards him. Screaming, "WHAT THE...! he had just enough time to leap from the glider before the grenade collided.

She wasn't sure how she'd found him, guessing it had merely been luck. After leaving Peter, May Parker began to frantically move about the city, alternating between using the shadows and her webbing to travel. When she heard the familiar laugh of the hall-spawn, she acted quickly. Watching he prepared to lob another of his explosives, she fired webbing at it, caught it and than swinging it in a full arc, the woman brought the deadly thing back up and into the creature's flying machine.

Hoping that it would take him out, she was disappointed when he screamed something and leaped free moments before the explosive collided. As the machine began to churn out black smoke and than lazily, but quickly, fall to the ground below, May slipped back into the shadows, moving to a new location.

Landing on a roof, rolling and standing, he watched as his glider fell to the streets below,. Cursing, the Green Goblin looked about for the woman before screaming out, "I KNOW YOU'RE HERE, LITTLE WANNABE! SHOW YOURSELF!" and when she didn't, he glanced at the other grenade he still holding and thought about how good it would be to throw it at her

Mentally he began to plot how to get down to the broken glider and acquire more explosives, amazed that they hadn't blown when the other grenade had struck the glider.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff