Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you join?

Yes! 0.65714285714286 65.7% [ 23 ]
No! 0.34285714285714 34.3% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 35 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30 31 > >>

User ImageUser Image

The red-head leapt to her feet and ran from the tent to inform Father Mulcahy of the good news. She was so happy that she didn't even knock on his door, she just burst in. "Father! She could be his!"

Father had some difficulty trying to lie down on his cot while cradling the child. The way she was clinging to him, he didn't want to make her lie down by herself. Just as he managed to get comfortable, was when Sarai burst in. "Shhhh!" He hushed her before whispering, "That's terrific, Sister. I hope we can find out if she really is his. In the mean-time, though, we should do as Lilly suggested. Samantha does need something else to wear and something to play with."
User Image
Margaret 'Hotlips' Houlihan
'That's Major to you!

"We can try sending it them. I'm not sure what else they would be able to tell us." For once, you could tell that Margaret was a normal person. She cared about the child and the last thing she wanted to see was her ending up in the orphanage. That's right, for once she didn't agree with Burns. "Yes, we are talking about the child. She came in with a batch of wounded with a deceased solider's dog tags."

((I don't know if they did dna test back then...))

Generous Friend

9,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
User Image
Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see

"You two have gone over my head so many times, I've got Athlete's Scalp."

Henry immediately felt bad for upsetting Samantha, knowing he'd been far too loud, and had made her cry. "Oh. Oh, Samantha... Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so, soooo sorry!" He cooed, softly, stroking her hair sort of, before following the Padre to post-op. He was really getting annoyed at Frank, but knew yelling would only serve to upset Samantha further, since apparently Frank couldn't see or hear him, either. He then followed them out of post op and to Father Mulcahy's tent.

He already felt a small attachment to the child, and anyway, she was the only one who could even respond to him, for now. Kneeling beside the bed, when she was eventually snuggled into a bed, he smiled lightly at her. "I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm just. Things are confusing and I can't even get anyone to listen to what I'm saying. It's not an excuse, I know that, but is there any way you could forgive me for yelling."

"It's not exactly like I can get to many other places. I know you don't approve of my being here, but I do have actual reasons for choosing to come to Korea." Briazra muttered, softly. He hadn't yelled, yet, and she was relieved for every second he didn't yell, but the end of the lecture, she knew he would. Pretty much every sane person would. "It's not like I haven't written my dad yet, on purpose. You'd think being an aspiring writer, words would be easy to come by, but that's the curse of being one. You always want to find the right words, and sometimes they're very hard to come by... " She muttered, looking away.

Her face darkened, knowing she had to explain the next bit to explain why she wanted to be there, and also knew she would take things wrong. But, though he knew she'd had a tendency to know things that she shouldn't know, almost like Radar, he had no idea of her abilities as a Medium. People had just thought she had a tendency to talk to herself or to inanimate objects, until she figured out how to hide it better. In reality, she talked to ghosts. But, again, he'd need to know, even if he did take things wrong. "Around the same time you got drafted, Zeke enlisted. We got a letter about a month and a half ago saying his life was taken by bombshell."

((I'm still thinking Briaz could be a help to random discovery of some piece of Samantha's backstory.... XP ))

"Well then if nobody does then we don't have to, but make sure we do just in case we don't."
~Lt. Colonel Henry Blake

It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed, but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me

Sweet Fairy

14,125 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Samantha had calmed a lot barley awake now as she muttered something that kind of sounded like 'i confuzzled to" she was trying to say confused but it came out wrong and soon the sedative won and she was fast asleep snuggled against the Father his arm like her lovey at least for the moment. they would definitely have to find a more suitable replacement.

"well maybe we can send for information on him maybe find a relative or at least why she is in Korea of all places the poor child..." she shook her head some "she can't be much older then 4 maybe 5 and with no memory she can't help us....i wonder if there is anyway to bring back her memories to figure out if its temporary or permanent amnesia..."

User Image

8,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sarai Mulcahy
User Image
'That's Major to you!

"We can try sending it them. I'm not sure what else they would be able to tell us." For once, you could tell that Margaret was a normal person. She cared about the child and the last thing she wanted to see was her ending up in the orphanage. That's right, for once she didn't agree with Burns. "Yes, we are talking about the child. She came in with a batch of wounded with a deceased solider's dog tags."

[They did do some form or at least in the show they did. I don't know the name of the episode, but the one where the Korean family with the Ox comes to the 4077th saying its their land. Well another Korean woman with a baby comes to the 4077th claiming that her child is Radar's. Anyone remember the episode I'm talking about?]
((That's just blood typing. Which is what we already did XP))

Generous Friend

9,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
Elf Princess Emu
Sarai Mulcahy
User Image
'That's Major to you!

[They did do some form or at least in the show they did. I don't know the name of the episode, but the one where the Korean family with the Ox comes to the 4077th saying its their land. Well another Korean woman with a baby comes to the 4077th claiming that her child is Radar's. Anyone remember the episode I'm talking about?]

((Season Two. "The Chosen People". razz I'm very good at episode names, and sometimesd know which season they're in, like now.))

8,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageJames was really pleased when the nurses seemed to rush towards him and without knowing, or maybe they did know it, end up helping him out. Not only was he new and didn't know anything about the nurse but he was a doctor and didn't know anything about the nurse's arrangement. It seemed they got everything all figured out and when they moved into the mess tent he picked up a few of the new nurse's bags for her and followed the group in.
Once they sat down and he set Elizabeth's bags down to go get some grub. With his tray loaded up and his mug full of coffee he returned to the table and attempted to fill his stomach while listening to the nurses chit chat on about something or another, he wasn't really paying attention because he didn't really feel like he was suppose to be listening.
"How is the little girl doing Lily? Did you manage to get some food in her stomach?" he asked having catching bits and pieces of the conversation but had missed the answer to his question if it had been asked of course. While waiting for a reply he took a big forkful of what was suppose to be mash potatoes and shoveled it in adding a little ketchup to his next bite which did help make it a little more eatable.
User Image
'That's Major to you!

"If only it were that simple. According to the army, he has no family. If he had, we would've already tried." Margaret sighed, she didn't know what else to do for the girl. "I don't want to cause her any problems but perhaps we should call Major Freeman."
User ImageUser Image

"What are you confused about, sweet-heart?" Sarai asked as she knelt down next to Father's cot, trying to get on the same eye-level as Samantha. Once she had gotten down to that level, she realized that Samantha had fallen asleep. Looking up at Father, she whispered, "If you can get her off your arm, I can stay here with her while you run out to the orphanage. Major Burns would be more likely to let you go than me."

Father Mulcahy nodded, trying to gently pull his arm away from the child. "This might be easier if we had a doll to exchange for my arm."
User Image

Trapper was finding it more and more difficult not to yell at Briaz, you could hear it in his voice. "So you thought that coming to the place that your brother was killed was a good idea?! What if you were to get killed here too? Didn't you think how that would affect your father?" He beat his clenched fist on the arm of his chair.

((if the tan is hard to read, just say so))

Sweet Fairy

14,125 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Samantha was fast asleep the sedative made her dead to the world her grip on the father's arm had loosened in her sleep so it was easier to get her grasp free but she did seem to be reaching for something to cuddle as she whined softly when he pulled away but was still fast asleep.

Lilly sighed trying to think up something she looked to James "yes the father got her to eat some bread she wouldn't touch anything else not that i blame her she was spitting it out calling it icky i think" she chuckled a little. "we think she might be the dead mans daughter there blood type shows it's plausable....but the army says he has no family and she doesn't exist...shes sleeping with the father in post-op i think or maybe his tent if Burns was being his ferret face self"
User Image

Generous Friend

9,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
User Image
Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see

"You two have gone over my head so many times, I've got Athlete's Scalp."

Henry smiled as he watched her. Whatever sedative they must've given her had taken full effect, and it was pretty cute with her clutching the Father's arm for comfort and security. It also somewhat depressed him. What was he to do now? He supposed he could walk about the camp, trying to figure things out. It's not like he could talk to anyone about what had happened while he'd been gone.

Briazra flinched slightly, keeping her gaze averted. This was exactly what she'd been hoping to avoid. "Of course I've thought about it. I do care how my father feels. But I can help so many more people here than I can back at home. I wanna be somewhere I can actually feel accomplished and my main skill that makes me solely me can only best be utilized somewhere like here." She muttered, sighing and understanding that it probably didn't seem like she cared about her father. She just felt strongly like she had to do this. She sighed deeply, as she figured he'd ask her what she even meant by that.

"Look, do you remember a while back when I was really little, my mom said she'd find me by myself talking like someone else was there? Well, it turns out I'm very special with a very odd, very creepy gift. I can see and hear people who are dead. Not entirely a fun ability to have, and most people don't buy it, but I won't complain and I guarantee you I can see ghosts. If I had been around here when he died, I could have a chance very few other people have. I could have said 'goodbye' to him. I still couldn't." She continued, eyes progressively beginning to water until they overflowed slightly into tears. She was a strong girl, really, but she had been extremely close to her brother.

Shaking it off, she managed to wipe her eyes free of their tears, expression hardened. "I may have missed that chance, but my being here, I can give a comfort to those spirits that most normal people can't. If I'm here and find a spirit, I can help them cope with things and pass on messages to their loved ones. Until this war is over, I will do whatever's in my power to stay here. Please, please don't force me back until I'm ready to go." She pleaded, expression softened again as she begged, expecting to have to prove her ability somehow or something, but hoping he'd relent. She knew there was a hope. She was generally a soft-spoken girl, that listened to rules and orders, letting what she wanted slip by if it meant someone else would be happy. Very few times did she feel this strongly about what she wanted that she'd actually fight to reach it.

((It's fine by me. *shrugs* ))

"Well then if nobody does then we don't have to, but make sure we do just in case we don't."
~Lt. Colonel Henry Blake

It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed, but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me

8,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image"I don't blame her either for spitting this out. I mean I'm even having troubles with it and I'm forcing myself to ingest it" James sighed setting his spoon down taking a lead from the little girl and started nibbling on his bread definitely liking its taste better in his mouth "its to bad we don't have any clues towards this child so we can help bring her memory back. The only other thing that I'd suggest was try to make life here normal for her so she can possibly get back into a daily routine that could trigger something hopefully in her head. This guy though you're talking about Major Houlihan, he knows his stuff right? He good with dealing with the mind of a child? I mean no offense, but children aren't the same as adults and they do require a bit more of a delicate approach is why I ask"
Though James really didn't have much experience which children other then his little brothers and sisters when he was a teenager he still had passion and compassion towards them. He had trust in the major and was glad to hear her concern and interest in the matter other then sending her away, but he wanted to make sure this Major Freeman she wanted to bring in was on the up and up. You couldn't bring in any psychiatrist and expect them to be able to know how to work with children and a child's mind who's lost, confused and god knows what else.

surf_fari's Significant Otter

Wily Werewolf

User Image
'That's Major to you!

"If Ferret-face tries sending that precious little girl away, he'll get it!" One of the few times Major Margaret Houlihan raised her voice against Frank Burns. An audacious occasion. Hearing James' question, she turned to him. "I don't know Major. All we can do is ask. In the mean time, I'll talk to Major Burns about letting the little one stay in my tent. It would likely be in her best interest." The woman smiled half-hardheartedly. "At least, it'll be more welcoming than Post-Op, and we can change the room a little bit so she feels more comfortable in it."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff