Will you join?

Yes! 0.7 70.0% [ 21 ]
No! 0.3 30.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 30 31 > >>
User Image
"...And a nun jumped out
of an Angel food cake!"

Francis chased after Samantha when she wiggled out of his grasp. Stopping in front of Sarai and Trapper, he gave a light smile. He could see why she wanted to be near the nun. She was easily one of the most gentle people he knew... well most of the time, she was. "I'm glad it was you, she ran to."

Sweet Fairy

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Samantha clung to the nun as tight as she could and with every blast of the shelling she cried out trying to get into her embrace more whimpering terrified suddenly having flash backs to what brought her here she suddenly was screaming for her Uncie in utter terror.

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageHaving been outside when the shooting started James hit the floor and crawled under the closest vehicle. glancing around naturally he didn't see many people out and about the compound with the shooting going on. Making sure to be careful he crawled his way to the the nearest route that would get him inside. Thankfully this was to post-op. Looking back and forth he took a deep breath, made his way out from under the parked jeep and made a run for it.
James just about made it to the door when he felt a sharp pain in his right arm and a weird sticky fluid running down to his hand. Gritting his teeth he ran as fast as he could and got himself through the post-op door and closed it behind himself. Pressing his back to the door he tried to regain his breath when he caught the sight of a nurse who was staring shocked at him.
"Doctor!" she sounded alarmed and James didn't really understand what for until she continued "you're wounded!"
It took awhile before the nurse's words registered in his brain and he looked to the arm that was in pain. His hand was gently clutching onto it as blood slowly flowed down his arm and dripping off of his middle finger onto the floor creating a little pool on the floor. The hand clutching onto his wounded arm was getting some blood on it too.
"Ah...nurse...could you get me some gauze, a bandage, tweezers and a scalpel please, oh and a flash light too. I don't know if the bullet is still inside" James requested slowly pushing himself from the door and walking over to an empty bed taking a seat on it waiting patiently for the nurse to fill his request.
User ImageUser Image
"If we don't go crazy once in a while, we'll all go crazy."
~Hawkeye

Hawkeye was quickly heaving sand bags against the walls, listening to Frank Burns' cowardly squeaks of orders. "Frank, will you shut-up!"

Being not to far from the door, Trapper watched as the now wounded James came in. He was quick to intercept the nurse. "I'll see to him." He took the equipment and made his way over to James. "Let me help you."

"Frank why don't you let
that cut under your nose heal?"
~Trapper

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Knight
⊰ English ⊱⊰ Nurse ⊱

Elizabeth was helping move sandbags but froze on the spot when Lily mentioned shelling. “Sh…shelling?” She stumbled with her words slightly. Elizabeth took a moment or two of quickly gather her thoughts before she starting moving things again. She reached out and took hold of the arm of a soldier to help lift him up. Her head quickly turned around when she heard someone enter the room; it was James, the doctor that had helped her out when she had first arrived. It looked like he’d been shot and another one of the doctors moved to help him. Elizabeth finished moving the patient to a place that was safer. Elizabeth could hear Sam screaming out for her uncle again, she pulled Lily over to the side and whispered something in her ear. “I think I might have something that could help to calm her down. Is there any way of getting from here to our tent unseen?” Elizabeth had remembered that she had a small bear that had been given to her by one of the men that she’d treated as a present, he’d kept it with him to protect him and he’d then given it to her seeing as it hadn’t stopped him from being shot. Elizabeth had been told to get rid of it but she’d hidden it amongst her things. She stood there waiting for a reply from her. Elizabeth that she’d have to face her fears sooner or later and there was no time like the present.

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageWhen Trapper came over with everything he gave a little smile. James wasn't quite sure how Trapper would treat him after everything that went down in the swamp, but hoping the good thing that came of the kiss had been that it cooled him down. Taking in a deep breath James tried to relax the muscles in his arm as he pulled his army jacket off. Getting a chance to actually see the wound it didn't look all that bad, didn't appear to have hit anything major at least, definitely not his artery since he wasn't gushing blood, which he was thankful for.
"Thanks Trapper...don't think it would have gone well if I did it myself, but I would have given it a try." James told him holding his arm out better for Trapper to take a look at trying to apply pressure around it and keep it above his heart so not to much blood made its way out of his body. "First taste of sniper fire...have to say I'm not all that crazy about it" he commented with a light chuckle trying to get the humorous side of things going.
User Image

Trapper glanced back at Sarai and Father Mulcahy, they looked like such a cute couple, yet, he was the one that had kissed her. Shaking the thought from his mind, he turned back to James. "Anyone of us would have. I don't see the bullet, so we'll get you cleaned up, then head over for x-rays. I'd rather not cut your arm open if I don't have to."

"Frank why don't you let
~Trapper
User Image
"I don't like you but I love you...
Seems I'm always thinking of you"

The nun looked up at Francis, just his face brought great comfort to her. Feeling a bit more at ease, she rocked Samantha, speaking softly to her. "We'll find out where he is, I promise." As the shelling continued, she tried singing to her. She sang the first lullaby that came to mind, "Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral," "Over In Killarney, Many years ago, My Mother sang a song to me. In tones so sweet and low; Just a simple little ditty, In her good old Irish way, And I'd give the world to hear her sing. That song of hers today. Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Hush now don't you cry! Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, That's an Irish lul-la-by."

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image"Still thanks anyway Trapper. I appreciate it" James told him a little pleased he didn't find a bullet, though he knew that could be a bad thing. Taking a deep breath he sat there trying to relax still as he was cleaned out, which stung a little then banged up. With a little time he fashioned a sling, to restrict the mobility of his wounded arm, using his army over shirt thinking just in case. Pushing himself up from the bed he turned to Trapper. "Did you want to get X-ray down now?" he asked not sure if they could get over to X-ray yet or not, James kinda figured they would have to wait a bit and see.
User Image

"Good point. We'll go over as soon as the shelling stops." Trapper adjusted James' make-shift sling. Stepping back, he looked around. It seemed everything was under control now that Frank wasn't shouting ridiculous orders. "Just find somewhere to sit and you know the rest."

"Frank why don't you let
~Trapper

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageJames really wasn't interested in waiting to get the x-ray done, but he knew he really couldn't do anything about it. It was a bit relaxing now that Frank wasn't yelling about nonsense, but he knew he wasn't just going to sit still if help was needed of him. Feeling Trapper fix his sling he smirked knowing with one usable arm obviously couldn't get it just right so he was pleased for the help.
"Thanks Trapper" James spoke, really thankful for the assistance he naturally needed. Glancing around it didn't look like anyone needed help or assistance, so he figured he'd take a seat. Sitting back down on the empty hospital bed he looked back to Trapper. "If you need a hand I still have a useful one, so give me a shout if you need it" he smiled trying to keep upbeat about the situation.

Generous Friend

9,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
User Image
Hoping with each new day
I'm moving forward, I push the fear away
And I let go
'Cause I'm so through with barely hanging on

"Of all the M*A*S*H units I could have ended up, I had to choose the one in a million to run into someone that knew me."

Briazra had finally woken from her slumber as everything around grew really loud and hectic. She had to have been pretty stressed and exhausted to have slept through gunfire and shelling. Now, before all of this, Briaz had been known as a heavy sleeper. It was debatable that she could probably have slept through a hurricane, but why not? Her father had, once. ((True story there. My dad slept through a hurricane.))

Her first instinct at the sound of gunfire was to run out and try to reason with the sniper, against all medical personnel protest. However, this time around, she fought against those instincts. She'd offer to or ask to, maybe, but she wasn't to just up and run out, when she already had one doctor angry with her. She couldn't really move too much, without her injury hurting her, and everything seemed safe and fine, at the moment.

She felt awkward there, and almost didn't want to speak, seeing Trapper not to far away. She was still a bit reluctant to attract his attention and end up restarting the previous conversation. However, she felt bad about the little girl being terrified out of her wits. "How's she doing?" She asked no one in particularly, in a softspoken voice. She frowned, sympathetic. "Poor girl is remembering what got her sent here in the first place...."

"So sue me, I'm a Libra."
~Briazra Jazzlyn Sparks

Leaving what's in the past behind
I come closer to crossing over the line
And I won't stop
Until I get what I've been fighting for

Sweet Fairy

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Samantha had quieted when there was a momentary break in the shelling but not for long as she soon was cried out not being able to cry anymore just whimpering some terrified beyond her wits.

Lilly nodded "only way i can think of is to sneak behind things go out through the OR and behind the tents hope they don't see you but...be careful....ok??" she told Lizzy worried about her new friend as well. she glanced to the doctors shaking her head there wasn't a whole lot more they could do at this point she just kept checking on patients.
User Image

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Knight
⊰ English ⊱⊰ Nurse ⊱

Elizabeth nodded as Lily spoke to her about the best route to take. “I’ll be back.” She smiled as she headed towards and door before ducking out, hopefully before anyone else saw her. Elizabeth jumped as she noise of the shelling reached her ears. She took a deep breath and darted from tent to tent as she made her way back to the nurse’s tent. Surprisingly she had managed to make it back without any problems at all, as soon as she got through the door Elizabeth sat down on her bunk. It felt like her heart was going to burst out of her chest. Every time she heard another shell Elizabeth winced, she wasn’t afraid to show her fear when she was alone. Fear was weakness in her eyes and in this job you couldn’t show weakness, a lot of the patients looked up to the staff to show them strength.

With some effort managed to drag her trunk from underneath her bunk. Elizabeth opened up the box and started to dig around before she finally found what she was looking. She looked at the bear and smiled, it looked a bit worse for wear but hopefully it would help calm Sam down. She held onto the bear tightly as she moved towards the door. As she opened it a shell landed nearby and sent Elizabeth into shock. She stood there unable to move. Elizabeth’s knuckles turned white as her grip tightened on the bear. As she stood there Elizabeth did her best of trying to her legs to move so that she could get back to the others but her legs refused to move.

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[Hey just letting you all know that Im probably not going to be on a few days. Having some life issues and computer difficulties. Thanks.]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff