Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Lvl: 5
EXP to next level : 900/1200

He nodded lightly to the boy as he took the sword and put his hand back up and rolled his menu so his katana was re-equiped. He then heard the request of the boy as he put his hands in his pockets and looked between the boy and the girl once more . " Takeshi ." He said rather bluntly as he looked at them briefly and looked back behind himself to see other monsters spawning . " We should move towards the town abit more ... some of these monsters have an aggro range .." He said as he motioned for them to follow as he started to walk towards town ,his coat flailing abouyt abit as well as his long black locks of hair .

Timid Punching Bag

7,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
User Image
xxxxxA e a r oxxxxx
▛▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▜
Lvl: 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx250

▙▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▟

Aeko flopped onto her bed, headgear on. It'd been a loooong day at school. The math teacher was always so angry and strict about everything. Luckily, she'd purchased a new game to blow off the steam from the day. Homework could wait. She'd been waiting to play this game for quite a while; one because it seemed relatively popular, and two because it was based off of SAO. She'd get to experience what Emi felt before she...passed away. She sighed, tossing the thoughts of her old friend out of her mind and started going through customization for her character. She'd been playing a few MMOs recently and had, so far, played all the roles but a tank. Not like she could see many other options. Everyone had to use some sort of sword so they were basically all melee, right? Tank seemed like the best option since there wouldn't be much support but extra dps.

She went through the customization screen and made a character that looked a bit different then her. She couldn't go very far off but color schemes and textures since you had to pat yourself down. She gave herself a more rugged look and changed her hair color to brown, then set her normal username...that seemed like all she could do. Guess I choose my class and everything in-game. She thought to herself, closing her eyes. She felt herself drift off. Her headset was pretty expensive and didn't have any sudden feeling of nausea or being jerked into the alternate reality; it was more like drifting off into sleep. And off...we...go...

Aearo found herself in a town square. "Woahhh...this looks amazing!" She said aloud, looking at all the textures. Even though she'd been in a couple of VRMMORPGs before, it never ceased to amaze her at how real it looked. She turned on her heels and found the nearest window, looking at her reflection. Her height didn't change so she was pretty short, but the small changes to her skin texture and everything else she did really did change her quite a bit. She cocked her head at the reflection, basically gawking at it until she decided she was finished being transfixed by her own reflection. She then started to see how the games mechanics worked. After a few minutes of awkward arm movements and yelling random words aloud, she found out how to bring the menu down and started going through everything, including the stats page and inventory. She did a quick ten minute skim of the rule book and then looked at the rest of her inventory...which contained only a few bits of gold. She looked at her equipped page and found that she only had a few starter cloths to make sure she wasn't nude. Guess shopping is the first step.

She set out around the town square, visiting random shops and finding that tank gear was pretty expensive. Huh, figured. She thought to herself. She settled for buying a cheap claymore and a cheap thing of iron armor. She threw the armor on top of her clothing, not wanted it to just be skin underneath it. She knew enough about actual medieval warring to know that they at least had some sort of protective cloth underneath their armor to keep it from cutting them or bruising them. She wondered if this game had the same mechanic, though didn't want to try it out. According to the manual, this game did hurt you a little bit when you got hit, though tuned down so it'd only be a little sting. "Alright, let's go see how battle mechanics work~." She mumbled to herself, getting lost for a few minutes until she found the exit to the plains.

After a few attempts, she managed to make the claymore to appear in her hand from her inventory. Mkay, time to see what starter mobs this game has. After walking down the path for about a minute and passing by the occasional player, she found one. She looked at it, seeing it's name hovering above it's head. "A dire wolf, eh?" She whispered, heaving her claymore to get in a fighting stance. It was heavy. Very heavy. Getting the skill attacks will be difficult, how am I supposed to bring this thing to where it's supposed to be? With that thought in mind, she charged. And got one shot. The level seven Dire Wolf saw her coming and immediately bound toward her and pounced, pushing her down and landing a crit by biting down on her throat. She burst into shards and reappeared in town and immediately, cursing all the way, ran back to where her attacker had been. She glared at it, watching it with cold eyes as it's AI didn't notice her since she wasn't in range of it's aggro.

OOC: [[I think my entrance into this game is pretty lovely XZD. Also, don't expect my posts to normally be this long...idk, I went on a typing rampage.]]

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________450 / 450 | LV: 2

PoH listened to Keiyo's words drawing a great ammount of interest from their conversation. His determination to face the challenges this game posed meant he'd be around a while and not simply quit. Then the man from far away approached his coat blowing in the wind as well as his hair. PoH got a strange feeling as she listened. It was just a game so she had no real reason to fear him, however she was timid of new people. Especially ones that were strong and mysterious.

She ducked her head slightly so that her face would remain unseen to the man. As he offered for the three of them to go closer to the town PoH stayed silent. "Was there anything to gain from following this man, he is clearly strong however talking won't help me level which won't put me any closer to my dream." she thought to herself. Sure he may have knowledge but with how different their characters were she decided to chance it on her own for now.

Silently PoH slinked away walking slowly backwards until she was a few feet away from them she darted off into the distance just within distant view. She couldn't afford to run too far with how weak she was. Though with where her exp was sitting she should be close to a level.

PoH loaded a skill and drew her daggers lunging at a boar and cutting it. She dodged as it came at her and cut it with one dagger the other missing by a hair. Getting used to the distance on these weapons would be tricky. The boar charged again and this time PoH landed both daggers and crit taking down it's health a great deal. One more strike should do it. PoH wondered, if it's health was this low perhaps she could experiment a little. PoH made a dagger glow and raised it above her head throwing it at the boar. It connected and did just enough damage to finish it off. Happy she did something innovatinve she jumped in the air with delight just as the level up screen appeared before her only furthering her enthuisiasm.
User Image

"hmm.." He said to himself as he glanced back , he had noticed the girl wander off back to lvl more but paid it no mind. Truthfully he was just being helpful , but he knew they wouldn't have much issue with monsters around here. He continued towards town with his eyes facing the path ahead ,leading towards the gates." So.. you're a swordsman and shes a rogue .. " He said to the man whom was there with him , knowing all to well the path of both of those classes as he had trained in them both in this game and others alike

Lightbringer

User Image_____________________________________

Keiyo ██████████▀
    _________________140 / 250 | LV: 1

Keiyo had tagged along wordlessly. He had wanted to get back to town and heal up regardless so this worked out well. So the mysterious man's name was Takeshi, eh? That was a start. The young swordsman slipped his hands in his pocket and kept an even pace with the taller man. He hadn't even noticed that the lady had vanished until Takeshi pointed it out. "Huh. Guess she wanted to keep leveling or exploring. I imagine we'll cross paths again."

"I don't really know what to call myself, but that suits me fine." He responded. "Swords are my favorite weapons. Maybe it's a bit childish, but I always found them... I don't know. Noble. Reliable. Something like that. I'm guessing you're a swordsman too?"
User Image

"Honestly I prefer multiclassing " He said as he pulled a part of his coat back to reveal two daggers at his waist line . " I trained in both swords and daggers so I have alittle of both you and her abilities ." He said as he stopped infront of a small shop . " There are alot of skills for both classes and i prefer dps over defense " He said again in a normal tone before opening the shop door . " I'm going to buy a few potions " He slowly strode into the shop , leaving the door open incase he wanted to join him in doing so. He was thinking the whole time about how he started his mmo career thinking the way this boy did , however with most case no one continues to follow the path of holiness

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

PoH was now level 2 and one step closer to her goal. She wanted to learn how to make potions but was a little confused. Once again she reffered to the manual giving the skill a quick read.

"Oh, that's not so bad." She said to herself walking through the field to strange plants that all looked pretty uniform. She began picking them carefully after a few minutes she had a great deal of herbs. PoH flipped through her skills and the medicine mixing skill still wasn't there.

"Hmmm...guess I need to get a potion making tool." With a soft sigh PoH hastily walked into the town and going into the potion shop her robe still on with her hood up which she had pulled more to the front as to go unoticed. She used the hide skill while entering the shop sneaking around carefully though due to her low rank it did very little except make her slightly less noticeable.

PoH grabbed a potion concoction kit and a mortar and pastil. and approached the shop NPC. Paying for these items cost her the rest of the gold she had earned. PoH quickly exited the store and went to a bench where she began crushing the herbs failing many times before getting something usable and adding it to the potion making kit. She managed to make five potions but they were only HP 10 potions and would barely prove useful at all. Nonetheless she put them in her inventory and went back to the field spending more of her time picking herbs until her inventory was full and then making potions that mostly ended up more like paste than actual usable potions. It was extremely boring but this skill was necessary if she wanted to progress. Unfortunately for her there were monsters around the herbs mostly just boars but she didn't want to be interupted so she maintained hiding while she worked on potions. She was still visible ot other players but luckily the boars so far hadn't noticed her.

Timid Punching Bag

7,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
User Image
xxxxxA e a r oxxxxx
▛▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▜
Lvl: 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx231

▙▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▗▟

Aearo watched the wolf, then studied it closely. She noticed it was waaaay higher level than she was. Well no wonder. She thought to herself. Really, it should have been clear to her when she first saw it's name. Wouldn't she be fighting "Weak Wolves" or "Sickly Wolves" at level one? Certainly not Dire wolves. She turned and sighed, walking back down the path towards the city again. Maybe there were mobs out in the plains she didn't see and she passed her low level area. Wait, what about quests? She thought to herself, suddenly facepalming. What had she been thinking? Sure, this was VR, but it was still an MMO. She sighed again, this time more angrily and annoyed. She was so stupid.

She made her way back to town and started talking to random NPCs. Eventually, she found a quest to gather Boar Livers for some sort of food. She didn't really listen after the NPC said "could you gather six boar liver for..." She'd of course, been polite to the NPC and didn't just suddenly run off after she said what she wanted. She'd found out in another game that the way that you interact with NPCs did affect how they thought of you and could even lead to weaker rewards upon turning a quest in. Aearo told the woman that she'd do it for her and set off, giving the lady a wave goodbye.

Aearo fiddled with her menu some more and found that there was no map. Huh, maybe you have to purchase them. She thought to herself. Guess I just look around until I run into one. And so she did. As soon as she got out of the city she took a left off of the path and started walking, staying relatively close to the city walls since it was likely the boars would be near the city itself. And so she found some. She let the large claymore appear in her hands and charged at one, attempting a basic Slant attack. She failed. The claymore was slightly too heavy and it resulted in a normal strike. The boar seemed to feel a bit of damage just because it was a heavy weapon, which meant it had a high base damage, but basically shrugged it off and tackled her. She let out a slightly loud "Ooof" and was sent on her back. She attempted to get up, but the armor was a bit heavy. "Definitely going strength when I level up." She groaned, awkwardly rolling up after a few tries. The boar had been cautiously stepping from side to side the entire time, as if waiting to see if she'd retaliate. After the large period of time of her not being able to do anything, it decided to start charging again. She attempted to do another Slant attack and successfully pulled it off, batting the boar away several feet as a reward screen popped up.

My god, that was hard. She thought to herself, sinking to her knees. This weapon was heavy. This armor was heavy. Tanks are hard. Taking a look at her health, she noticed that it didn't seem to go down by much. I guess it has some pluses.She stood back up and noticed a girl crouched on the ground, seemingly picking the grass. Aearo went back to her own business and attacked another boar, this time using her skills more slowly. Her swings were a lot slower, but it allowed her to actually activate the skill instead of simply flopping it and she successfully took out another boar. "I'm gunna have to get used to this weight..." She sighed out, pulling the claymore up and having it on one of her shoulders so she wasn't just basically dragging it around.

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
pιхel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx т н e в e r ѕ e r ĸ

τσ υηρατнє∂ ωατєяѕ, υ η я є α м є ѕнσяєѕ...
╔══════════════════════════════

A figure sat hunched over a bubbling cauldron set up in the corner of a pristine field near to the game's boundary wall for that level. A single bead of sweat rolled down it's face as it stirred the contents of the pot; each movement of the ladle carefully calculated before it was made. If anyone had been close enough to see; the woman's eyes were so focused that it might have seemed that they could pop out at any moment. This was it after all, the final step. She slowly pulled some black pepper powder out of her pocket and sprinkled a bit in.... nothing. She was on the verge of celebrating when the contents suddenly turned black as tar, exploding violently into a puff of harmless smoke. "...Dammit!" Pixel exclaimed as she fell backwards on to the grass, looking up at the clouds with her now slightly charred face. "I don't think I'll ever be able to craft this stew... and I've only got a few more chunks of boar meat left..." she mused to herself out loud. It seemed to her that it would be time to grind for more meat soon, a task she wasn't exactly looking forward to.

She stashed her cooking supplies back into her inventory and retrieved a sandwich that she had made earlier. She bit into it and sighed dejectedly as she stood up, mumbling something about there not being enough flavor to it or any of the many starter recipes. Pixel had been in the game for a while now, devoting far too much time to it than she probably should have. Far more than she would have admitted to anyone she knew for real. Sadly she probably could have been a higher level at this point too, if half of her time hadn't been dedicated to raising her cooking skill. She unearthed her berserker from the ground with a heavy tug, dragging the tip against the ground behind her as she made her way back towards the starting town. She had invested enough time training required skills to where she could have carried the sword properly without getting sore, but honestly she was just lazy. 'Besides...' she joked silently to herself, '...this way if I ever go missing, there'll be a convenient trail to follow to find me.'

══════════════════════════════╝

...ιмαgιηατιση я є ν є α ѕ τяυτнѕ τнατ яєαℓιτу σвѕcυяєѕ

Level : 5 ┇ Location : Floor 1 ┇ HP : ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀x l 100%
User Image

He bought a few potions from a vendor that was making and selling them as he slowly walked himself back out of the shop , his hands back in his cloaks pockets as he headed back out towards the fields again , looking for yet another elite he could attack . His black locks of hair danced by his eyes as he glanced about the fields , noticing a few newcomers . " hmm so theres more now .. " He said to himself as he continued onward , his sheathed katana moving around at his waistline

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

PoH watched as things went on around her her eyes wide and curious as she bunched her shoulders up ducking slightly more in the patch of herbs she was sitting in. She figured most could see her but still she hoped to be unapproachable while she sat helplessly in the field making potions. She didn't think there would be much PKing in the first field but she didn't want to chance it. She observed a strange girl dragging a sword as she approached town, PoH found her curious and wondered why she would leave a trail wherever she went. She had never seen anyone do that in a game like this. She made a mental note of it and resumed what she was doing.

Another person caught her attention and she looked up at them while she ground herbs. The girl used a large sword and sent a boar flying a fair distance. PoH's mouth made am "o" shape as she watched it following it's brief flight with her head blinking when it hit the ground. This girl seemed to be new based on how she fumbled slightly but when she did land an attack it was devastating. Knowing little about her she kept watching her intently not making an effort to hide her gaze all the while continuing to grind herbs until she made a ground up paste that was dark green. PoH looked at it as she noticed her skill progress had gone up a fair bit as a result of making it. She examined it carefully tilting her head. She put it into the potion making kit and mixed it with the regular pastes she had made from earlier that had produced nothing but whimpy potions

Weak Poison Made

PoH's eyes widened with delight and she quickly took the bottle and put it in her cloak with the now thirty HP 10 potions and resumed grinding hoping she could get that result again. She was eager to test out the poison on a boar but was unsure of this new girl that appeared and wanted to observe a while longer. Besides, she needed to work on medicine mixing more. It would be essential to her if all played out right.
User Image

His feet carried him passed the girl with the claymore blade as well as the young girl from before with the daggers . He didn't offer up any words considering the one girl had walked away from him prior. His eyes spied yet another dire wolf and smiled . " This should level me then .. " He said to himself as he reached into his cloak and took out two daggers and spun them around his hands ." Might as well try these again " He said to himself once more as he looked the dire wolf over a moment. He then flicked his wrist around again and dashed quickly at the dire wolf , activating one of his passives , sprint. He mixed this skill Rapid Bite , a skill that required fast rapid jabs. His movements were fluid like and sift , almost a blurr as he struck the wolf 6 times before spinning and catching the mouth of the wolf with one of the daggers , blocking the attack , only taking a few ticks of damage before he pushed the wolf back hard and flickedh is left wrist ,sending the dagger into the wolf , causing it to bleed now . " This is tough with daggers .. " He said as the wolf only had half health .

He rolled and jumped using his lvl 2 acrobatics to flip over the wolf just out of its bite range to snag his dagger back from the wolf. He landed ,but he landed too slow and got caught off gaurd and he got rammed to the ground knocking half of his health away . " ******** .. " He said as he put his daggers in an X pattern to block the wolfs next bite before pushing him back and stabbing it clean in the neck. A red number popped up before he slammed the next dagger in the other side , triggering a double crit , causing the wolf to explode and a loot menu pop up ." Jeez i need more practice." He said as a second menu popped up and gave him a stat increase and skill choice . " hmm so i finally get a choice of aincrad style skills " He said as he selected it and learned the skill "Azure Wind Slash". He also gained gold and a few items , mostly armor and nothing he really used either . " Oh well .. " He said as he got up off the ground and sheathed his daggers
((Anyone alive ?))

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
pιхel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx т н e в e r ѕ e r ĸ

τσ υηρατнє∂ ωατєяѕ, υ η я є α м є ѕнσяєѕ...
╔══════════════════════════════

Pixel stopped just short of reaching the town; instead striding into the middle of some rolling plains where there were multiple forms boars around her. Making sure to stay out of their aggro range for now, she hefted her sword back up on to her shoulder and looked around. 'Wow...' she thought to herself, '...it's a lot busier around here since I was off trying to make stew. Ah well- in that case I'll make sure not to farm the boars in this spot for too long in case the level ones are looking for something to kill....' She chortled at her own thought briefly before beginning to survey her surroundings. Looking at each boar in the surrounding area, she made a mental note of which ones were level one. She only wanted those since she knew she could take them out in one cyclone. Quick and clean. Efficient.

Nodding to herself, her mental list complete; she started running towards the first level one boar, shouting and waving at it so as to increase her aggro range. As the first one turned towards her and charged at her tusks first, she immediately turned in the direction of the next low level boar, continuing her shouting and waving routine. She repeated these steps a few times until she had 4 level one boars in hot pursuit, all the while making sure to avoid attracting the attention of the higher level boars that she couldn't kill as easily. She lead them a little bit further, watching carefully to be sure that none of them had lost interest. Suddenly she whirled around, now facing towards them with her berserker sword pointed straight at them. She waited until the very last moment, even taking a hit from first the first boar to reach her. At the same time her sword started to glow a faint yellow, suddenly being whirled around in a perfect circle with a grunt of effort. As the sword made contact, the four boars went spinning off in different directions for a moment before dissolving into pixels before they hit the ground. Rather than a smile of accomplishment or pride, a dejected frown spread across Pixel's face. "Four boars and not one piece of meat... seriously, what IS the drop rate on this stuff anyway..."

══════════════════════════════╝

...ιмαgιηατιση я є ν є α ѕ τяυτнѕ τнατ яєαℓιτу σвѕcυяєѕ

Level : 5 ┇ Location : Floor 1 ┇ HP : ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀x l 90%

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________400 / 450 | LV: 2

PoH stayed sitting grinding herb after herb, she at this point must have grinded well over a hundred and had 80 hp 10 potions in her inventory finally she got lucky and made another strange looking paste which she mixed again coming out with a new poison.

Weak Paralysis Poison has been created.

PoH's eyes lit up and she madly flipped through her menus to check her skills and she had managed to increase medicine mixing by a decent ammount. It was by no means astronomical but she was satisfied that at level 2 medicine was her best skill with hiding, acrobatics and daggers not far behind. With a grin PoH stood up and slowly walked towards a wolf. It was a bit tougher than her but with poison she may be able to take it down. PoH opened her menu again and selected the weak paralysis poison and it appeared in her hand, she then pulled out her dagger and used the bottle on it.

As she did this she saw boars go flying through the air from the mysterious girl who dragged her sword. She was even more formidable than the armored girl. PoH was by far one of the weaker characters in the field but with medicine mixing she intended to change that

Now only a few feet away from the wolf PoH chargged dragging her dagger along the side of the wolf as she passed. It only took less than a quarter health off the wolf but just as she wanted the wolf froze in place. PoH's eyes once more lit up a smile spreading across her face as she drew her other dagger loading up a sword skill and charging again. She cut twice taking the wolf down to two thirds HP. Her daggers were weak but PoH finally saw the advantage, they were fast and with the wolf paralyzed she would be able to get in more hits.

PoH slashed at the wolf with both her daggers as fast as she could the wolf only a sliver of health left before the poison wore off and it landed a bite on her hand taking 50 HP before PoH rammed her other dagger in it's side and it exploded into pixels.

PoH fell on her rear. "That wasn't as bad as last time at least." she said to herself quietly checking her exp and gold gain which was relatively good. Boars were still ideal for her to grind on so for having killed a wolf she had gotten a bit more than usual. She wanted to keep killing wolves but poison was too random to craft. She looked around at the stronger players mainly the girl who had killed the boars in a single spinning cut. She needed to get strong like them.

It was time to grind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces