Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

User Image_____________________________________

Keiyo ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________733 / 850 | LV: 4

Keiyo struggled against the chains fruitlessly, and it seemed that Geki's strength wasn't enough to pull them apart either. The unseen force that controlled the chains was unbelievably strong. "Come on! There has to be a way to get out!" He snarled inside his head. Both Geki's and Keiyo's wild thrashing made it slightly harder for the loose end of the chain to land another strike on him, proven by a near miss to his face again. It wasn't until the chain was reeling back to try again that Keiyo caught sight of a name and a health bar. "Geki! This is a monster, Enchanted Chains!" He called out. "I can restore my HP afterward, so try attacking it!"

Timid Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Player: Geki
Level: 4
HP: 600/800
Floor: 1
OOC:

"What?! This is a monster?!" Unfortunately, if he tried attacking the chains, Geki would also wind up attacking Keiyo, but he seemed so sure of himself. "All right. Don't think ill of me!" With that, Geki did a Vertical strike slicing the chains (and Keiyo) right down the middle.

Lightbringer

Keiyo ██████████▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________668 / 850 | LV: 4

((Sorry about my slow posting. I've been sleeping erratically and I keep letting myself be distracted by pointless stuff.))

Keiyo braced himself for the attack as best he could. He still cried out as the blade sliced into his torso, but it was a necessary evil. The chains took a heavy hit and flew apart where Geki cut the link. It seemed that, even when separated, the Enchanted Chains were still able to operate where the 'head' was located around its HP bar. Already it was trying to latch on again, but Keiyo managed to evade it. "I'll finish if you don't mind, I could do with some payback!" He growled. Without even waiting for an answer, Keiyo tightened his grip on his sword and swung hard. Two extra attacks drained its HP and destroyed the metal links.
"I don't know how you're supposed to get out of that without help. Seems like it's meant to deter soloing if you're not careful. Thanks for the save."

Devoted Cleric

10,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I Am: Lv. 3 Medic
Health: 600/600 Status: Normal
I'm With: ...
I'm Doing: ...
My Inventory: Equipped: Two Handed Staff, Cloth Armor. Misc: HP Potion 30% X 15 AntiVenom X 10
OOC: Hope its okay for me to jump in right here.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Canias ... Just call me Cai.

Cai tried to make it a habit to log out at a safe location away from where the monsters normally spawn, but the last time he played he was in the middle of returning to town when his terminal suddenly shut down due to a power outage. As a result he appeared right in the middle of the field outside of town leading towards the floors infamous dungeon. Cai was told the monsters got stronger as you continued inward and at the end was a super strong beast guarding the gate to the next area. He wanted to explore the dungeon, however he was afraid to go inside all by himself and ultimately he had to turn around. Up until that point he spent his time leveling up with the weak monsters that appeared right outside the town gates. Cai looked towards the dungeon wondering if he should try to go in or not when in the distance he noticed what appeared to be two players one attacking the other and then chains shattering. "A binding spell outside the dungeon? That is odd... I should ask if they need any help." Cai thought to himself as he made his way over to the dungeon entrance. "Excuse me, but you looked to be having some trouble. I would like to help if I can. My name is Cai and I am a medic. Pleased to meet you..." Cai wasn't a strong fighter, but his resolve to help others gave him courage.

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________1050 / 1050 | LV: 5

PoH continued watching the struggle from the shadows, the two swordsman's teamwork was surprising in ways. Still though they had taken some damage. PoH was still weighing her options until a new person yelled from the Dungeon entrance offering to aid them. The boy carried a staff something PoH had not seen or heard of at all through all her research of the game. Was he a new class? Was the staff a rare item? No it couldn't be he looked too new.

PoH was difficult to see in the shadows, only her lower body was illuminated the rest of her was a shadowy silhouette except from her gauntlets which had a glowing crescent moon. It looked like the two swordsman hadn't noticed her yet. Time to act was drawing to a forseeable close but with 3 people it would be stupid to do anything. PoH stayed against the wall with her arms folded at her chest. She needed to act.

"Cai, what kind of character do you play?" PoH's voice was calm and even toned as she spoke to this strange new character. She sounded so calm that her voice was almost menacing but not quite there given her undisquisably girlish tone.

Timid Gaian

OOC:

Once Keiyo was free, the scarf-wearing swordsman made scrap metal out of the chains. "Yeah. Sorry about that slice, though." Geki was about to sheath his sword, but right then and there, he heard a pair of voices further back. One male, one female. "Wait a minute..." Geki gripped his sword tightly as he ventured a little further back to where they fought the skeletons. He soon spotted the culprit, a character with a staff you would mainly see in magic-based games. "Who are you?" The female character...was nowhere to be seen.

Devoted Cleric

10,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I Am: Lv. 3 Medic
I'm With: PoH, Geki, and Keiyo
I'm Doing: Feeling nervous at the Entrance of the first dungeon
My Inventory: Equipped: Two Handed Staff, Cloth Armor. Misc: HP Potion 30% X 13 AntiVenom X 10
OOC: Hope its okay for me to jump in right here.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Canias ... Just call me Cai.

As Cai got closer to the dungeon entrance he heard a female's voice ask him what kind of character he played. "Well I play a Medic. I was scrolling through the class list and decided to pick this one. In other games this class is called a Cleric, Priest, or simply a Healer. One who mends the wounded such as cuts or bruises and lacerations. A Master Medic might even be able to mend a broken heart... yet that has not been proven a fact yet. Pleasure to meet you Miss... PoH?" The girl had an interesting name for her avatar. Was it was short for something or symbolic in some way? Maybe he could ask her about it once they were better acquainted with each other. Shortly after another player approached him asking who he was. Cai was never this popular in school and at first he forgotten how to respond. He nervously put his right hand behind his head while his left held his staff with the decorated head barely inches from the ground. The weight of the staff made it difficult for him to hold it without both hands and impossible to fight with unless he could distribute the weight evenly.

"Please just call me Cai and I'd like to help you. I saw you fighting earlier... here please drink this potion." Cai offered a red colored potion inside a small glass bottle to Geki. If he chose to drink it he would be healed equal to thirty percent of his maximum health. Cai the looked over at Keiyo wondering is he was okay after being bound by the chains then released from them by Geki's sword slash. "Are you hurt? I have another potion if you want one." Cai then took out another small red potion from the bag attached to his side and offered it to Keiyo. "I make potions and other recovery items as part of my professional class. I hope this doesn't worry you, but you will be the first ones to try my creations. I assure you everything will be fine though." Cai sounded embarrassed and a little nervous as he waited to see what Geki and Keiyo would do. He also hoped PoH would come out of the shadows and join them. She looked like an assassin hiding like that. Cai finally returned to holding his staff with both hands gingerly in front of him.

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

PoH's eyes widened in shock. She wasn't hiding that well but this medic was able to spot her AND see her name tag. This didn't set well with her, there were tracking skills in the game that relied on knowing the characters name. This medic was of a class PoH had no knowledge of and was able to detect her easier than the other swordsmen. Despite his harmless appearance she did not intend to make an enemy of him.

PoH stepped out of the shadows her robe hung around her but didn't conceal her. the robe's front was open except for the clasp near the collar bone, her hood was raised though her face was mostly visible. PoH walked up to Cai calmly and held out her hand, she was a potion maker herself though she mostly made poison, she was curious how much better the medic classes potions were, they were certainly a much more vibrant red than hers and didn't seem to be poison, then again he could have poisoned them which would have been brilliant on his part.

PoH's curiosity would surely be the death of her someday, revealing herself to this swordsman she didn't know in a dungeon. She wasn't worried about Keiyo, he seemed the noble type but still. Paranoia was useful.

"May I try one?" PoH asked calmly, her voice soft and disguising a hint of nervousness.

Shisei Tenshi

Timid Gaian

OOC:

"A Medic?" Geki raised an eyebrow. The only way he heard of healing was with a Healing Crystal. "I didn't know they had that in this game. Must be a new update." At any rate, this "Cai" didn't seem like he was any threat. And that staff didn't look like it could do much damage either. What did seem more threatening... "What the...?!" was the new ninja-like character who seemed to have come out of nowhere. She must have been the one Geki saw while he and Keiyo were fighting the skeletons. "Were you following us this whole time?!"

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

PoH half turned to look at the swordsman briefly while not turning away from Cai, although he was a medic he managed to get her name which was enough cause for concern.

"Following you? I was just leaving this dungeon when you walked in, you were too preoccupied to notice me." PoH's tone changed from when she spoke to Cai. She didn't sound nervous or shy, she spoke as if she were completely confident almost coming off as condescending. Compared to how she spoke with the medic it would be difficult to ascertain what her true nature was like be it shy and nervous or cold and uncaring.

Gamebrain25

Lightbringer

Keiyo ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________824 / 850 | LV: 4

"Better to take a little damage than having to respawn." He said to Geki with a small grin. Keiyo was about to heal himself up a bit when the room seemed to get a little more crowded. Instinctively he raised his weapon and shifted his stance, but relaxed when he saw it was merely another player. They introduced themselves as Cai. He seemed like a friendly enough person. What caught his attention, much like Geki, was the sudden appearance of the young lady he had seen when he had just started out. She looked a bit more traveled now. The woman claimed that Keiyo and Geki hadn't noticed her because of the scuffle. It was a fair enough reason. He hadn't seen the Enchanted Chains and that was how they got the jump on him. Why she had remained silent this whole time, though, he was unsure of.

A short exchange followed as the players became 'acquainted.' Keiyo chose to keep his mouth shut for most of it while he listened. Partly because he didn't have much to say, and partly because he kept his ears strained to listen for anything else that felt like getting the jump on him. So far it seemed that they were safe, though. He proceeded to step forward and accept one of the potions from Cai. "Thanks. I'm Keiyo." The swordsman responded. He looked over the potion and it seemed fine. He popped it open and drunk down the entire mixture. His HP began to rise, and a little faster than usual at that. "Player-made potions must be more potent or something." After the bottle shattered, he then cleared his throat. "I don't have a problem with more help. We'll probably need it in this place."

Timid Gaian

OOC:

"You were leaving?" Geki seemed confused, but only for a second. That battle did require a good bit of attention. "I guess you got a point there." The girl, whose health bar read "PoH" was kind of a wild card. Kind of hard to read. He turned around and saw that Keiyo had chosen to join the party, so to speak. After watching him ingest Cai's potion, he could see that his health bar was rising back up. "I'm impressed. My name's Geki, by the way. I don't suppose you can offer me one of those?"

Interesting Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

PoH ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

PoH responded to Geki realizing now that her nametag was exposed once out of hide. "Yes, I've been running half of this dungeon to grind levels. It's normally just a bunch of Kobolds, I have never encountered what you just did. As you entered I had just finished a run and was about to leave when I saw you and hid." PoH relaxed a bit and took a less hostile tone realizing that they were all forming a party together and that they were not a threat. She still tried to keep her cool exterior and debated internally if she would join the now trio. Though the invitation wasn't apparent and she didn't want to ask leveling and being in a party would be useful. One could only accomplish so much solo.

Devoted Cleric

10,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm With: PoH, Geki, and Keiyo
I'm Doing: Feeling nervous at the Entrance of the first dungeon
My Inventory: Equipped: Two Handed Staff, Cloth Armor. Misc: HP Potion 30% X 12 AntiVenom X 10
OOC: Offered Geki a potion in my previous post so I'm going to move that part down and just subtract for the one for PoH. Had 15 originally and used 3 so far. 12 remaining before I'll need to make more just fyi ^^.

Cai smiled a little as PoH came out of the shadows. He was surprised when she asked to try a potion. "Of course you can. Tell me if it tastes bad or anything okay?" Cai said as he reached into his bag one more to take out a potion for PoH. Potion Making was a grueling process since you had to get the materials and then combine them the proper way. It took him at least four hours just to make the small supply he had with him. When Geki spoke about a new update and he had never heard of a Medic before Cai felt a little embarrassed. Was he really the first of his class in the game? That was hard to believe, but he was sure others would see the value of making potions to heal oneself and comrades and join up as one later.

"I honestly don't know if the Medic class is new or not. I didn't play the first release. That doesn't mean I'm not going to try my hardest this time. I want to be helpful not a hindrance..." Cai's voice trailed off towards the end then he listened as Geki questioned PoH. Was Cai really the only one who managed to notice her hiding? She was hard to spot in the shadows and he could barely read her name before she revealed herself. He remembered reading in the game manual about a detection skill that would help reveal hidden objects or players so maybe he learned the skill or was training it without realizing it. Cai was always a perceptive person in real life. He may not of been very social, but he observed people as they carried on their business.

"It's nice to meet you Keiyo and Geki. Sure I can give you one. I went on a potion making frenzy yesterday to get my rank up." Cai then gave one of the potions to Geki glad to see they were working as intended after watching Keiyo's health bar almost completely fill up. "I want to ask you all something... a request. I don't have any money, but I want to clear the dungeon. You can split the money between the three of you if you come, but the monsters will be hard for me to fight. I need to find some herbs hidden somewhere in the dungeon. I can make more healing potions if we manage to find them." Cai said nervously as he wondered if PoH, Geki, and Keiyo would help him. They all seemed strong and PoH managed to solo half the dungeon. They could probably manage without him, but he hoped they would agree anyways. It might be fun to go adventuring with the three of them.

Timid Gaian

HP: 785/800
OOC: ...Totally missed it. My bad.

Geki was more than happy to accept a potion from Cai. After looking over the reddish liquid, he guzzled the whole thing down. His HP bar rose back up as well, but by the look on Geki's face, the taste left something to be desired. Then again, the best medicine often tasted bad, didn't it? "Much obliged," he near grunted out. Cai then explained that he wanted to go into the dungeon to look for more herbs to make healing potions. Geki looked at him, then at PoH. That healing potion certainly did the trick, getting his HP back up. And seeing as PoH was leaving with a full health bar, she was either really strong or really sneaky. With these players on their side, clearing the dungeon would be a snap. "What do you think, Keiyo? I think they'd be a huge help."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff