Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._____________________________________

Eir ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________450 / 450 | LV: 2

The girl stiffened when the tall lady took hold of her face. She never would have expected anyone to do such a thing. She tried to maintain her disappearing composure as best as she could, and swallowed hard. "Everyone thinks that I'm a failure. That I don't try hard in everything I do." She said in a strained voice. "I'm just sick of it. I'm expected to just be good, or great, or perfect, even though no one tells me how. I'm sorry, this probably doesn't make any sense to you." She said with a sniff and a weak smile. By now she didn't really care what this lady thought about her, or anyone really. Why should she, after all, if she was really incompetent?

Lightbringer

User Image_____________________________________

Keiyo ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _________________650 / 650 | LV: 3

After the 'You Are Dead' prompt disappeared, Keiyo was once again floating in dark space. "Why does this part last so long? The emptiness?" He began to wonder as he stared into the grand void. It sort-of made sense, he supposed. The NerveGear had to render the respawn location, so it probably took a bit of time to process all the data. But even putting that aside he couldn't help but feel that this was intentional. A short break to let a person reflect on why they failed. So what had gone wrong? He had made sure to let the others distract the enemy before attacking, but still the Giant Arachnid destroyed him. With one attack, no less. As the thought crossed his mind again, it suddenly became so clear. "No wonder. I went into that battle with no armor. I can't evade every single hit, and if I'm not prepared then I'm going to be killed." After taking a moment to berate himself for his idiocy, the black expanse slowly replaced itself with the Town of Beginnings once more. At least the transition was never jarring.

Once he felt the ground under his feet and could flex his fingers, the swordsman wasted no time finding the nearest armor dealer. It took a good chunk of his Col, but at least now he had an Iron Chest Plate and Reinforced Boots. "It's a step in the right direction." He thought as he adjusted his new armor. Thankfully it still felt light. "Now that I can take some hits, I need to really start grinding. I'll focus on money for supplies first - those crystals seem handy. After that I'll see what else I can do for gear and experience."

Pal

User Image
[ sterling slayer ]
yukari

[ two handed iron claymore ]
[ floor 1 / level 3 / 100% hp ]
[ damage / dps / attack ]

Another soft laugh rang from her lips as Yukari dropped her hand from the younger girl's face, shaking her head. "Look sweetie, don't take this game seriously," she paused briefly, carding her fingers through her hair " -- there's no way to get better unless you keep trying, right? Name's Yukari. I'll let you team up with me for a while, hm?" Mustering up her best smile, she lazily slung her arm around the girl's shoulder, holding her close.

Lightbringer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show._____________________________________

Eir ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"But this game feels like all I have." She thought as the lady, called Yukari, slung an arm around her. She suppressed a squeak, but at least her tears had stopped at this point. "... If it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate it." She said meekly. She was on the verge of quitting, but if someone could actually help her, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. She had to really try and learn this time, though, no riding on the coattails of stronger players. "I'm Eir."

Pal

User Image
[ sterling slayer ]
yukari

Yukari gave a slight nod, peering down to Eir and smiling somewhat as she caught the inward reaction of the younger girl. The older of the two was all about being a bad team mate, yet she couldn't bring herself doing such to the girl before her. "We can just farm on low level monsters to level up, so don't worry.. Then we work our way up," she explained with another encouraging look.

Lightbringer

Eir ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

As Yukari gave Eir the little pep talk, it seemed some confidence returned to the girl. She gave her eyes a wipe and cleared her throat, with her voice regaining its strength. "Alright. I'll do my best. I won't disappoint you." She said. "I hope."
Eir eased herself out of the woman's arm so that she could stand properly. "I got this gear so that I would be able to take hits better, so I can try to act as the tank. But, uh, I keep dying because I get scared when the monsters attack me. I know this is all fake, but it looks so real that it just gets to me." She said with a tinge of pink in her cheeks. She felt a bit ridiculous to be afraid of a game, especially at her age. If she was going to work together with Yukari, though, she wanted to be honest. It felt like the right thing to do, and the tall lady seemed pretty friendly. "Oh, should we make a party?"

Beloved Genius

THE ROSHENKO BOYS
Alejandro and Gabrial

User ImageUser Image

Alejandro and Gabrial turned in their quests and got the rare item. It was a gem worth a lot of gold. The two went to a nearby NPC merchant and sold the items. After counting their gold the two sat on a bench and started thinking. Alejandro said "This much money could buy armor and weapons." Gabrial pointed out "It could also buy a lot of healing crystals. I'll definitely need to replenish the throwing daggers and throwing picks I lost. It wouldn't hurt to get some leather armor too. We'll definitely need the healing crystals though." Alejandro told his brother "All right here's what we'll do. I'll buy a new spear and the healing crystals, you buy your leather armor, and replacement picks, and daggers. Then we can continue to level up." Gabrial nodded then pointed out "That giant arachnid was only a mid level boss. It was extremely tough. Meaning the floor one dungeon boss will be even tougher." Alejandro asked "So when should we challenge the floor one boss?" Gabrial answered "I think we should wait until we can both beat the arachnid by ourselves." The two brothers agreed and sat for a bit.
User Image
TORALEI
LEVEL 3 BEAST TAMER
HP 640/640
FAMILIAR HP: 250/250
SKILLS:

One Handed Curved Blade (3/1000) Familiar Recovery (5/1000) Familiar Communication (4/1000)
Slash Weapon Forging (0/1000) Light Metal Armor Forging (0/1000) Heavy Metal Armor Forging (0/1000)
Metal Equipment Repairing (0/1000) Metal Refining (0/1000) Searching (0/1000)

EQUIPMENT: One handed sword, Standard clothes, Baby Familiar, beginner guide

Once she made it to an open field Toralei open her beginner handbook. "I need five boar tusk and one boar hide." She mutter out loud. The blue dragon gave a loud yelp. "I know. You want their meat." Toralei added to please her familiar. When she came across a lone boar she remove her blade from it sheath. "Fly to the sky Leon." Toralei said as she aggro the beast by kicking it from behind. The blue draon took the sky so it would be free from danger, but relatively close to it master. Toralei block a charge and push back. It stumble on it feet, but Toralei had fault these beast before. As it tried to regain balance she slash down on it neck. It gave out a final roar as it fell to the grass floor.

Gain 1 boar tusk

User Image

Lightbringer

_________________650 / 650 | LV: 3

The swordsman journeyed once more into the field. He felt the excitement ebb progressively each time he came out onto the plains. As the wonder faded it became replaced with a sense of purpose. His strength was only just beginning to bloom, but already he felt his experiences changing his view. Boars and wolves were no longer strange, foreign creatures, they were now targets that would be stepping stones to higher goals - a means to clear the fog so that he might venture further to face the unknown with hardiness, not foolishness.

As Keiyo spotted the familiar sight of a group of boars, he drew his sword and gripped it tight. He approached them as casually as he would a piece of the landscape, then slashed them to pieces. As he expected they were barely a threat to him even just a couple of levels past. Still, it was Col and EXP for him, and that's what mattered here. As he continued walking he promptly dealt with various little enemies. A random wolf barely had time to spawn before he shredded it, and he didn't even break his stride. "For as easy as these enemies are now, the monsters in the dungeon are still nightmarish. I've gotta keep grinding and improving."

Pal

User Image
[ sterling slayer ]
yukari

"Eir..? How cute," she murmured with a curt nod as she listened to the younger woman's explanation. Upon request, her slim fingers shifted over the transparent menu before her, inviting Eir to a party and sending a friend request. Yukari gave a wide smile and lightly ruffled the girl's hair. "That's how I was too.. but always remember you can revive, and you'll never learn without trying.

Lightbringer

Eir ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Though Yukari seemed to praise Eir as though she were a child, it was a welcome change from the negativity she often faced. "Oh, thank you. It's the name of a Valkyrie from Norse mythology. I liked it because it was short but meaningful. Kinda, anyway." She explained. After the pair of prompts popped up, she accepted them both. Yukari's HP slid in underneath her own in the corner of her vision. "Yeah. I'll try. I promise I will." The words felt a bit weak as she spoke them, but at least they were honest. The young lady began walking as nervousness and determination began bubbling up inside her.

Beloved Genius

THE ROSHENKO BOYS
Alejandro and Gabrial

User ImageUser Image

Alejandro and Gabrial had purchased their equipment. Alejandro's new spear had a different head. It looked more like fire at the end instead of just a pointed tip. It came with an additional slashing bonus, and higher damage per hit. Gabrial purchased leather armor that gave him minor armor boost, but no downgrade in speed as metal armor did. They also purchased four healing crystals. Once they had Gabrial said "All right. We'll head down into the dungeon. That way we can train with the smaller monsters and help level up. With four healing crystals we should be able to stay down there for at least an hour. That should allow us to get up to level nine. Once we're there we'll head back to the town of beginnings." Alejandro nodded and the boys headed out. They left the town of beginnings, and headed for the dungeon once more. Alejandro and Gabrial noticed some other players were following. Alejandro went "Pfft." And said "Leechers. We go through all the hard work, find the quest, and the dungeon, and now all these players are going to be crowding up OUR dungeon." Gabrial pointed out "Perhaps they will all be low levels and will be killed by the giant arachnid. In either case it doesn't matter to us. We'll reach the one hundredth floor first."

Lightbringer

_________________620 / 650 | LV: 3

After a bit of traveling, Keiyo found himself back where he had started before he had followed A-Wolf and G-Bear. The Thrasher Hares hopped about idly as they waited for someone to challenge them. He tried engaging one by swinging slowly at it, giving it time to hop back and get into his fighting stance. He didn't attempt to block its followup attack as it swung at his body. To be expected he felt the impact and felt himself stumble back, but the armor took the brunt of it, as well as dampened the damage. The lad's eyes flicked to his HP to see it only dropped a tiny amount. "Armor really does make a big difference." He then waited for the beast to attack again, and this time used Trip and Slant to vanquish it. He proceeded to reuse the tactic over and over as he carved a path through the hares.

Eventually he found himself on the other side of them and finally step foot inside the new town he had spotted a while back. A sign revealed that it was called 'Lanzem.' It wasn't as big as the Town of Beginnings, as to be expected, and he preferred it. The town felt more peaceful and it looked easier to navigate. He sheathed his weapon and started to do some exploring.
User Image
TORALEI
LEVEL 3 BEAST TAMER
HP 640/640
FAMILIAR HP: 240/250
SKILLS:

One Handed Curved Blade (3/1000) Familiar Recovery (5/1000) Familiar Communication (4/1000)
Slash Weapon Forging (0/1000) Light Metal Armor Forging (0/1000) Heavy Metal Armor Forging (0/1000)
Metal Equipment Repairing (0/1000) Metal Refining (0/1000) Searching (0/1000)

EQUIPMENT: One handed sword, Standard clothes, Baby Familiar, beginner guide

Toralei took out the raw meat and toss it up. "Let hunt some more." Toralei said quietly. Following her familiar further away from the town and had came across a small group of boar. Silently she gave the signal to her dragon to attack one of the boar. Letting our high pitch yelps and smoke. Far to young to let out a more vicious roar or breath of fire. It prove to be effective as she force her blade into the side of one beast.It cries alerted it comrade as one ram one of it tusk into her leg. The pain was instant and even she couldn't stop from shouting in pain. Leon heard her cried and sent smoke the beast way before casting a blue light on herself. The pain was over as soon as it appear and Toralei finish the boar by thrusting her blade down onto it head.
User Image

Canny Trickster

Hsy guys. Posting from phone. My laptop is fried. Mmay be a few weeks before I can tet online. Just drag ignis along. I promise ill come back when I have a new laptop. Later.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff