Welcome to Gaia! ::

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
((No worries Soul, seems everyone is really busy lately.))
Merry Christmas

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
((Merry belated Christmas))
((Last day of internet. Reliable internet, anyway.))

Soul seemed pleased the moment Jacob began to crack. His smile started to grow as he witnessed Jacob's power grow. "Yes... there it is..." He mumbled, staring Jacob dead in the eye with a goading smirk. "You think you understand such things? The loss of one life that's important to you? Just one?" he argued back, feeding Jacob's anger. However with each passing moment Soul seemed more at ease, waiting for the snap. Listening for the pin to drop.

And then he struck him.

Soul doubled over, his knees hovering just centimeters from the ground. It looked like the strike might have dislodged his spine, the unnatural way Soul was bent. However, from this position Soul started to shudder. He started to laugh.

In an instant, power erupted from Soul's position, stronger than even during the fight with David. The ground underneath cracked with a loud cacophony of earth. Unnaturally, Soul snaked up back to a standing position, his limbs wrapped in black tendrils, his aura soaking in all the light around him. "What I don't know? You feel the loss of one woman. A chance at a normal life. To be something you could never be. Please, you're a dime a dozen, Jacob. Your power isn't even your own. But my is it delicious." Waving his hand through the air, the tendrils seeped into the ground and started to surround Jacob, a smile on Soul's face.

Soul was feigning weakness. Even now, he seemed like there was no scratching the surface of his power. "I would rip you limb from limb and feast on what you've lost if I thought for a moment you could feed me. But you've been nothing more than an empty husk since you've been back." The place where Jacob hit him had started to swirl unnaturally as Soul moved towards him again, his limbs moving jaggedly. "So I'll say it clearly this time. Either help this family and sacrifice what little you have left to their safety, or I will remove you from the equation entirely." As he spoke, some of the tendrils passed through Jacob. They did not interact with him in any way, or bind themselves to him physically. But a cold numbness soon took hold moments after they had passed. His feet had gone completely frigid.

((Yearly reminder that Soul is a monster.))

((Shame it won't be for long.))

------

Reki nodded, making a show of how he was able to more freely move his arm. "Muscle relaxing tea and the strongest potions known to man, I think I'm gonna be fine." He laughed, wincing as, despite his optimism, he still wasn't anywhere near fine. "But really... thanks, for standing by us. We're our own group of misfits with our own, terrible brand of psychos." Reki grew silent a moment, his eyes drooping slightly. He seemed tired, but he wasn't about to end his time with Rinoa so soon. He'd missed her dearly, and even though he pretty much died in an effort to save her, he wasn't too keen on letting opportunity pass him by again, especially with the assault drawing so close. He didn't like to think about it, but... there was no sure chance of survival. "I'm going to have to help explain everything an Ar'Kheeli has at it's disposal. Depending on proximity and power, there are some things an Ar'Kheeli can do that you don't normally see. Or haven't seen for years. Shapeshifting, voice modulation... they're masters of deception."

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
((Noo, not again D: Good to at least know your alive))

Arren had expected a reaction of some kind, but nothing entirely positive. She'd assumed Zorian would either try to pry her hug off him, or tell her to leave him, which again, she had absolutely no intention of doing. Many might call Arren a fool for staying with the man after all the trouble he brought into her life, that she should throw him out, but Arren didn't have it in her heart to leave him. She was continuously trying to keep her faith in her husband alive, faith that the next day would be one of positive change, both to his spirit and their relationship. The happy times they spent were so few these days, a small part of her even began to wonder if things would be the way they used to. It was true Zorian brought her pain, it was true she was sad, but one thing she would never say was that she hated him. Arren wasn't always forgiving, and while Zorian had done things unforgivable, she never held it against them. Her love for the man was so deep she was willing to face even the worst of hardships in order to see him be the happy goofball he'd always been again.

She just held him there as he spoke, taking in his sorrow filled voice. Ever since they were married he always said how wonderful she was, never in all her years had he spoken spitefully of her. Even when his mind was at its breaking point he always had something positive to say about her. Arren wasn't sure how to respond besides tightening her hold on him. From outside the house she could hear the fight between Jacob and Soul, and while she would have loved to stop the fight, she knew it was not something she should involve herself in right now. She was afraid of leaving Zorian alone with his mind breaking. Was it too late to help him? "And that's why I'll never leave you," she said, "You may be a moron, you may have made some pretty stupid decisions in your life, but dammit, I love you, and nothing is ever going to change that." She pursed her lips before speaking again, "I don't want to give up the possibility we can be happy like we used to...we've always pulled through thick and thin, why should now be any different?" She could feel his tears soaking her shirt, which led her to raise her arm and stroke his hair. "I'm not going anywhere...we'll get through this somehow."

-------------------------

"Good to hear," Rinoa said, also happy Reki hadn't been making any attempts to actually get up, much less move more than he needed to. Taking the now empty teacups, she stood and placed them in the kitchen before returning to her seat, smiling at Reki's words. "It'd be a lot better without the nutjobs if you ask me..." she commented. Ever since she was born, Rinoa had been fighting crazy people, starting with Isaac, and what she hoped would end with David and the Ar'Kheeli. While she did enjoy her share of battles, Rinoa longed to live a normal, non-bad guy-of-the-year life, something she saw in a life of travel.Yeah, there would be bad guys, but at least dealing with them would be far shorter than the fruitcakes her father seemed to attract for some reason.

For thoughts broke off a moment as she noticed Reki's tired eyes. Considering the death experience and having not been out for very long, she wasn't surprised he might be sleepy. She decided it might be best to end the conversation so he could catch up on his rest, but Reki seemed to have the opposite idea. Her brows furrowed lightly, "Nemu's going to have something to say when she finds out you aren't sleeping like you should..." she pointed out, her expression then lightening, "..but we'll worry about that later." It was just like Reki to keep going even sporting bad wounds. He was darn lucky he had her around to take care of him. Mention of the Ar'Kheeli brought her hand to her chin, rubbing it thoughtfully. "I think I recall my mother mentioning this, after she heard it from Soul, of course." Seeing Rinoa didn't have too much knowledge about their foes, a crash course in dealing with the Ar'Kheeli was a must. "Apparently Soul also mentioned an ability to change their form at will, which puts them at an advantage when it comes to dodging. Makes sense when you think about it, I mean they are shadows...or made of shadow...stuff."
((That good old reliable dial up. "All night and you'd only see 3 women" I hope you guys get that quote or I'm just gonna look like a perv rofl ))

As Arren embraced him, Zorian slid his arms around her slender figure and then squeezed her tightly. He looked up at her and could see that she was looking outside towards Soul and Jacob. Not that he blamed her though. Zorian could hear the two of them and things were starting to heat up. As Arren's attention returned to him Zorian remained silent. He couldn't remember the last time that Arren had held him like this. Running her hand through his hair, he'd always loved that. It always made him relax, made him calm. As Arren spoke though Zorian's gaze lowered again. He really was a moron. How much time had he wasted? How much hurt and pain had he caused this incredible woman? Not to mention the kids and all their friends. On hearing the words that she still loved him though Zorian pulled back to look at her. He was a mess but at least he wasn't running away from his problems, for the first time. Zorian even managed a grin. He reached up and placed his hand on her cheek lovingly. "I want to be happy too. I wish we could just go back to when we were just starting out. No worries or cares in the world." Zorian let go of her and wiped his eyes. "The only reason we've managed to get this far is because of you. No matter what happens you've always stood by me. You've always been there for me. It's not me that's saved you, you've always been saving me. Without you I'd be nothing." Again Zorian slid his arms around her and hugged her again but he seemed a little different. Before his embrace had been out of desperation but now it was out of affection. "I love you too Arren. I want nothing more than for all of this to end so we can be together again and start piecing together our lives." With that said Zorian leant in and kissed her, and for the first time in a long time he really meant it. He kissed her like he always had in their youth when there was nothing but their love.

Alex was starting to grow weary of playing. He stood facing Rolken again but he could feel the winds changing. Jacob was on the attack. Alex looked in the direction of Kakariko. The feel of the long forgotten Eucadian magic was powerful. His eyes turned back to Rolken. "I'm afraid we must conclude our little game. I'm needed somewhere else. Don't worry though. The next time we meet we can finish our little game. Until then, tootles." With a flash of green Alex was simply gone.

Jacob was on the verge. He hadn't felt this in a long time. His power was erupting from within but he had no control over it. Light exploded from his eyes. The air around Kakariko grew heavy and the skies above began to darken. The power he had shown against Rolken, that had been him at his peak but it had grown beyond that. He spoke softly, but his words were like venom. "You dare speak of my Olivia. I would kill you all if it would bring her back." Thunder began to crackle above. "You do not belittle her. YOU DO NOT MENTION HER." Lighting crashed down behind them striking the top of the windmill. Jacob let out a painful cry then energy erupted around him blasting everything back giving him a little room between himself and Soul. Whilst Soul was affecting him it barely registered to Jacob in this state. All he could think about was crushing him and he didn't care how." Again lightning crashed down this time striking the top of the watch tower. The platform exploded raining down splinters and fire. Before anything could happen though the skies began to pour drenching the area. "I will do as a I please, and right now I want to tear your head from your shoulders."

Alex appeared on the roof of his family home. Within moments he was drenched as he gazed down at Soul and Jacob. He had not seen his Uncle like this before. He had never known his Uncle to have such strength but if it didn't stop now, he was likely to destroy the entire village. Alex leapt high into the air and landed gracefully between Soul and Jacob. He turned to his Uncle. "I think you should stop this now." Jacob clenched his fists causing sparks to form around him. "Get out of the way Alex. " Alex simply smirked. "No, I don't think so." Jacob let out a small grunt. "Then you can join him." With agility Alex had not seen from his Uncle Jacob lunged forward, intending to strike Soul. Like it was nothing tough Alex leapt forward. In passing Alex struck his uncles temple with the smallest of electric shocks. Jacob stopped a mere metre from Soul. He paused then all of his power left him. He swayed on the spot then his eyes rolled back and he collapsed unconscious. Alex turned back then slid his hands in his pockets as he looked to Soul. He calmly strolled over to them but his eyes said otherwise. They were alert, as though they had just seen something wonderful.

"So the big bad monster emerges finally." Already the rain was coming to a stop as Jacobs power faded. "I've always wondered what it would be like and you have no disappointed. You should perhaps take a little more care though. Don't rile him up." Alex had barely seemed to do anything at all. He had gathered no magical energy. He hadn't done anything at all and yet he had taken his uncle like he was nothing. He stepped closer to Soul. Now face to face with the man he leant in closer, almost whispering. "You believe what you want Soul. You just witnessed my Uncles power. That came from within his own heart. That was nothing though. You think you have seen the dark? I can make it so much darker. You think you have felt pain? I can make you feel so much more. Do not cross me Soul. Your power is great but you are not as strong as you believe." His eyes flashed and then darkened. Alex stepped back then smiled. "Don't make me your enemy Soul or I will rip your limbs from your body. I wont stop there though. I will bleed that boy of yours dry and your little fairy friend. I will burn her wings and ground her. I wonder how long a fairy of such pure magic can withstand the fires from hell?" He let out a small and rather evil chuckle. "Don't test me Soul." He then looked down to his Uncle. "Pathetic." He crouched down and grabbed his uncle collar and then began dragging him towards his home. Arren would need to heal him.
((Dial up is about the speed I'm going right about now...))

"Grand speech." Soul called out. The entire time Jacob had been powering up, Soul had stayed motionless, only moving to take notice of Alex. "But you and I both know your Uncle's power was nothing compared to even Isaac at this point. No where near your useless King. He's a fool, and nothing more that a loud one at that." Soul whipped his hand through the air, and as he did the tendrils that had attached themselves to Jacob let go, an unearthly squeal filled the quiet air as they disappeared into the ground. Soul took note of the villagers - many watched from their windows, as a few brave men stood at their doorways with iron swords in their hands. "Is this how you present yourself now? A dark warrior with a mysterious past that believes his secrets give him power?"

The irony was so thick you'd need a Goron Special bomb to blow through it.

"My my, this is hilarious. Upstart little Eucadians, surrounded by the weak and powerless. You've not seen a real fight for so long you can't even begin to understand when you're matched, or when an opponent has you beat before you've even started." Soul chuckled as he shook his head. "You make speeches of pain and suffering! Of dominance when all you spout is ignorance. Heed my words, Alex, and listen carefully, 'lest I decide to do to you what I've done to your Uncle, and his own ignorance allow him to miss a very important part of our... conversation."

Stepping forward, Soul smirked. "However, I must ask you... leave that body there," he said, unsheathing his sword. "I believe I have no further use for it, and his recklessness irks me. I plan to destroy it, wholly and completely."
Alex couldn't help but chuckle at Soul's words. It was becoming clear that Soul really had no clue what he was talking about. This was good news but also it surprised Alex a little. Everything he had thought he knew, everything that his parents had warned him about Soul. Now he was face to face, so to speak with the man on even grounds. Alex wasn't intimidated, he wasn't scared. He paused for a moment then looked down at his unconscious Uncle. Alex wouldn't allow Jacob to die, at least not yet. With just a flick of then wrist Alex tossed his Uncle towards his home. His uncles body slammed into the door then collapsed in the doorway. He knew his parents were just inside. "Mother, he's going to need your attention." Alex slowly turned to face Soul.
User Image
"Before you do that you'll have to get through me." Alex drew his dagger and attached his chain to the hilt. "I must say Soul, I was planning to kill you after I disposed of all you're little friends. Maybe it's better this way. I see that darkness you hide. Your a plague on this world, one that I will cure." As he spoke a spark of electricity shot from the tip of Alex's dagger striking the ground near Soul's feet. Again sparks began to flicker around Alex but like last time he didn't appear to be gathering magic, unlike his Uncle. "So then, would you like to make the first move?"
Soul shook his head. "The first move?" There wasn't much for it, Alex was a fast fighter, that much was for sure, but he was hoping to escalate things a bit more before moving towards physical confrontation. Still, this is what happens when he allowed for sentiment into his plans. "Every breath is a new move. Action, inaction, the positions of your feet, the direction of the wind. Did it rain last night? The ground seems soft, muddy in some spots where the cobblestone hasn't been fixed." Soul slid the tip of his foot out and dipped it in a small puddle, drawing a line between himself and Alex. "Your training was incomplete even when you were alive, Alex. Whatever parasite holds you now is not unlike your Uncle. In fact... it seems rather amusing that you should care for that carcass of what used to be a man. Perhaps it is what pulls the strings that interests you more?"

Soul pointed his sword toward Alex, no smile played at his lips this time. "I do not care for the direct approach. It leaves only a body and too many unanswered questions. I prefer a long game, one where, say, a fairy vouches for a stupidly put together alibi, flimsy at best, at my behest so that we can dig deeper until you reveal your true intentions, all the while building for any condition - any scenario." Running his free hand through his hair, Soul shook his head. "Yet you couldn't even last a day before showing your true colors. You're worse than that useless father of yours - at least he's still alive to be reasoned with. You're a puppet - a lonely tool for a master. The real question is, Eldin, is whether or not you know that yet."

Soul's sword slowly morphed into it's more demonic form, the hilt seemingly lashing out with a shadow tongue, lapping at the air for something to eat. "Feel free to fill the air with your empty words. Though I wonder, how much more death are you willing to put your mother through?" Finally, Soul cracked a smirk as his eyes drifted into nothingness.

-----

Reki nodded, suppressing a chuckle. "Yeah, that shadow stuff isn't really easy to explain. It's like a sort of anti-magic, and it makes up a majority of an Ar'Kheeli's make-up. Even Rolken is mostly held together by it." He made a show of moving his good arm, acting like the stuff that made the darkness was what allowed an Ar'Kheeli to move. "Otherwise a body like hers would dry up, so to speak. Bleeding is usually just for show, depending on the level of Overshadow an Ar'Kheeli is displaying. However it does make it slightly more easy to kill an Ar'Kheeli than a normal being if you know how to hit it." Reki scratched at his leg gingerly. "I got lucky in my first fight against one. I was swinging a sword made for an adult and I... well I overshot the target, but it evaded right into it, expecting a much cleaner swing. In other words, I deceived it by deceiving myself while it was... trying to deceive me." Looking Rinoa in the eyes, Reki rubbed his temple. "It's really... dumb." Plain words, coming from the boy.
Alex found Soul's words amusing but his face showed no emotion. His eyes grew darker as he stared down Soul. It was funny that Soul should mention Alex's training. His training was more than complete. Alex had become so much more than anyone could possibly imagined. As Soul spoke of the weather Alex seemed to relax a little. Alex even lowered his blade. "I find it amusing when fools speak. Experts on everything when they no nothing." Alex sheathed his blade but his eyes already started changing. "I've always liked the rain. It's funny though because me enemies never do." Alex extended his hand towards Soul. Magic began to pool around his arm. His eyes flashed a brilliant blue, similar to that of his parents. Slowly beads of water began to float up to about chest height. It was actually quite beautiful. The light reflected through the water casting lights around the area. Slowly more and more droplets began to float until the entire village was engulfed. Some of the children ran their hands through watching as the droplets burst. "Consider this my fathers contribution to my training." Alex then raised his left hand and pointed towards Soul. His fingertip touched one drop and it instantly froze. He then pointed towards the guard tower. With another small flash of magic all the water drops in the village flew towards Alex. As they drew close they froze and Alex blasted them into the guard tower. He did this for a few seconds then lowered his hands. At once everything stopped and the water simply fell harmlessly back to the ground. the damage to the tower though was a little more serious. Alex had blasted through the tower supports. The wood was already starting to groan as the weight began to shift.

The time for showing off had come to an end. Whilst his attack may have looked pretty it wasn't exactly an effective one against Soul. Hence why he didn't bother attacking him. "Soul to be honest I couldn't care less what happens to this useless waste of space." He looked over at his unconscious Uncle. He still hadn't moved a muscle. "I still need him for now and that's the only reason that he is still alive." He looked back to Soul then shifted his weight moving his feet into an attacking stance. "As for my father, and my mother. Feel free to do whatever you want to them. In all my travels I've never seen a more pathetic pair. A substance abusing father who has the mental capacity of a flea, and a mother who is as useful as a blunt sword. Neither of them ever seemed to too concerned about my return and I am far beyond caring at all." Again Alex opened his hand towards Soul but this time it was for real. His eyes grew dark again. A small magical orb formed in Alex's hand but this one was different. It seemed like dark magic but there was more to it. "There is no stopping this Soul. You have brought this upon yourself. You needn't worry about a body, I'm not planning to leaving anything left of you. But what I do to your friends is another story." All of the surrounding air began to swirl, being pulled into the orb. The orb pulsed then grew larger to the size of a bowling ball. Even the light somehow seemed to drain. "Goodbye Soul, I hope you find peace in the next life."

Zorian hadn't stayed still through all of this. His brother's unconscious body slamming down in the front entrance had broken up an possible touching moment he may have had with Arren. Seeing his brother lying there Zorian stood up then walked over to him. How had this happened? His brother was a good fighter and he had been taken down it mere seconds. He crouched down to his brothers side but he knew he would need Arren's attention. Standing this close Zorian could hear Alex and Soul. Zorian stood back up and moved to the door. What was going on, why was Alex about to fight Soul? Before he could say or do anything he heard his sons words and they cut deep. He was getting ready to knock Alex's block off when Alex started to gather magic. Hearing his sons last words however though Zorian had to act. He ran to his son gripping his him, trying to restrain him.

Alex let out a small groan as his father gripped him. "You really are pathetic." Alex slammed his head back into his fathers face breaking his nose. Zorians gripped loosened and Alex broke free. Alex spun around slamming the orb directly into his fathers chest. Zorian seemed to pause for a moment as the orb seemingly entered his body. Alex just looked at his father, his hand on his chest. "That was unwise father." He lowered his hand and took a step away. Zorian didn't respond. He simply swayed from side to side then collapsed to his knees. Alex looked down at his father then glanced across to his mother. His eyes were dark and emotionless. "Welcome home." Alex turned and began to walk away but he stopped near the stairs down to the lower level of Kakariko. "By the way, if you have anything important to say to my father I'd say it quickly. I'd say he has about 5 minutes." His words appeared to be true. Whilst it wasn't apparent exactly what Alex had done, Zorian was in bad shape. The orb felt like a stone in his chest. Pulsating poison throughout his body. Zorian fell forward and collapsed. Lying there he was barely breathing, sweat pouring from his body.

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
((Soul; Dial-up is the worst...I hope it gets sorted out. :[

Zorian: Never heard that joke before, so...you kinda just made yourself look silly there. : P ))

True Zorian was a complete bloody mess right now, but somehow, despite the emotional and physical pain he was in, her affection had managed a smile on his face. A smile was the last thing she expected to see on his features, particularly at this moment, but she was nonetheless happy to see it. As he spoke, Arren nodded lightly. "Sometimes I do, too...." she said, "We've been though so much, yet....I sometimes wonder if things could have turned out differently...maybe our family could be living out our lives without all the violence and fighting and death..." There were rare instances where Arren felt they should have left Kakariko...but when she thought of their friends, of Soul and everything he and Nemu did for him, the thought just felt selfish. She tried to crack a small smile at Zorian's next words. "Well, someone has to keep a drunk fool like you in check," she said, trying to pass on a light joke. Then he kissed her. It was different this time, nostalgic even. Her arms remained wrapped around him as memories of their younger days came back. The two of them expressed great affection for one another back when they were dating, and it only grew stronger after they were married. The years before the man who took the name Darkness tainted her husband's soul were some of their best, and Arren yearned for the return of those happy years.

however, the moment would not last long as the confrontation outside grew stronger, bringing an end to the couple's brief happiness. There was a great rise in magical energy, no doubt from Soul. Standing to her feet, while helping Zorian to his own as well, Arren was about to take a look out the door when a figure came crashing into it; It was Jacaob, looking rather worse for wear...but he was not the only body other than Soul present- Alex, or Eldin, was there as well, seemingly at a face-off with their old friend. Arren had froze for a moment trying to take everything in. What was Eldin doing back here, and Soul...she felt her stomach drop. She knew this feeling, this dark magical energy all too well. Getting involved in this fight would be foolish, especially after that rain trick Eldin exhibited. She could hear the creaking of the nearly destroyed watchtower, but that was the least of her concerns. But hearing Eldin's words...somehow, they stung. Yes she was still torn whether or not to believe Eldin truly was her son or not, but the possibility was still there, and that's why his words stung. How could they anticipate the return of their dead son? His words made no sense. Arren was just about to get to healing Jacob, in order to get some answers out of him of course, when Zorian decided to take the initiative and throw himself at Eldin. "Zorian!" she called, but as usual her voice fell on deaf ears.

Before she knew it, Eldin shoved something into Zorian's body, causing him to fall. "Zorian! Stop!" She exclaimed, bringing herself to her husband's side. She looked up to meet Alex's emotionless gaze, anger and shock mixed in with her own. This...this could not be her son...even though Alex had done some despicable things in this past life...or rather lives, his last act had been a selfless one. For him to just come back with no qualms whether they died or not...
As the dark haired man walked away, Arren turned her attention back to Zorian, gently dragging him next to Jacob as she attempted to heal them with her magic. She was pouring as much as she could into Zorian in order to buy him time, time for her to think on how she could save him. She looked over at Soul a moment with a look of uncertainty. They needed Nemu, and they needed to get whatever was poisoning him out of his body. Arrent returned her eyes to her husband, trying to keep him with her. "Zorian! Try to stay with me!" Tears were clinging to her eyes...was this it for him? "Oh goddesses, please no..."

----------------------------------

"So bleeding an Ar'Kheeli out is out of the question eh? well damn." That was usually a simple method of besting a foe; cut them up enough to the point they lose the blood needed to stand their ground. Of course it didn't always work given the level of an opponent's will, especially if their will to live and survive was exceptionally high. But as Reki explained how dumb his first encounter was, Rinoa blinked. "What, no big words this time? Sounds like you had a run in with some dumb luck there. Not that it's a bad thing." she shrugged, "I mean, the thing literally ran into it's own demise, and we both know that almost never happens unless the enemy is a mindless idiot." She scratched her head, "Still, I say it's pretty darn impressive you managed to land a hit on it with the way things were going. Maybe you'll have another chance to re-live that glory, eh?" she joked.
Her attention briefly averted when she heard the pitter patter sound of rain on the roof, causing her to look upwards. "Huh, it's raining..." she said, pointing out the obvious but announcing it anyway. She wasn't sure why, but there was an odd feeling in the air. Didn't last very long, it was a more a gut feeling really. She inwardly shrugged it off as nothing as she returned her attention to Reki, though curiosity still floated around in the back of her mind. "Anyway, I think we'll be able to handle ourselves well enough, after all we've got Soul and Nemu on our side. Maybe it's because it's still days away, but...I don't feel very scared. At least not now." Once again her hand raised, this time rubbing the back of her neck. "I guess all the crap I've put up with my whole life has hardened me a bit. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid." Seeing Rinoa wasn't too big on the whole pride thing, she had no issue admitting fear or weakness.
Reki was oddly silent as Rinoa went about talking about his first Ar'Kheeli. He averted his eyes as she continued on, a petty snort unable to be stopped when she said he might relive that glory.

She didn't need to know. Reki repeated that mantra in his head for a moment as he tried to find something else to talk about, and luckily Rinoa's finished thoughts gave him some leeway.

"Fear is... good. Sometimes. It's really not something Soul is fond of, but... I think it's good," Reki commented. He slid back in his bed a little, noting that it didn't seem to hurt. He didn't know how long he was talking to Rinoa, but he knew the potion he was on was the most powerful of it's kind - and he need not wait long to be recovered. It was to the point where he could hear his ribs mending. It was... discomforting, but for every flash of pain there was a burst of... nothingness, a certain level of not being in pain. He was glad for it, to say the least, even if he now had more horrifying scars on his body. "I just hope we can all... rest, for a little while. After all of this, I would like to know what it's like to just... be a normal person again. No agenda."

-----

Soul watched, curiously motionless as he watched the magic. He catalogued every twitch and focus, and seemed particularly focused on watching Alex's eyes. After a few moments, Soul sheathed his sword and only moved to cover his ears from the resulting explosion from the watchtower. As the smoke and cracking died down, he released his ears and smirked. "I don't want to go deaf in my old age, Eldin. It's a shame you weren't able to live to it." Again Alex went into a tirade about his power, to the point where Soul seriously debated putting a sword through his throat and being done with it.

"Of course I've brought this upon myself. I am, after all, a Harbinger. The problem is, Eldin, that you are a bit part in a much larger story, trying to steal the spotlight when in the end... you're nothing but a footnote." Soul only managed to raise an eyebrow at the orb, finding the composition of such energy to be familiar. Perhaps, he gathered, it was part in fact to the material he dealt with not long ago against David. He grimaced at the memory, which likely gave Alex the wrong idea. However, Soul realized he should have counted on Kakariko's resident idiot to get in the way, and before long Zorian fell to the ground, for what had to be the fifteenth time. Alex turned and walked away, Soul debating on whether or not to follow, but eventually Arren's voice caused him to pause. Walking up to Zorian's fallen body, Soul stooped, dispassionate.

"I've never understood your love for him," he began. "You were part of the group that saved me from the desert, and at that time I had a vague awareness of what was to come. But as time went on and we went our separate ways... every time I would come to this place, the one place I truly called home, and found him worse and worse for wear. A perpetual pity party, awash in booze and stupid gambits for power or redemption. And here he lies now, as unable to change the flow of his own destruction, as always."

Somewhere nearby, the there was the telltale sound of fairy wings, but Soul held his hand out. "I personally wish you would have moved on from him, how many years have passed that he's sought his answers at the bottom of a bottle? Arren... how could you love something so... disgusting?" He sighed long and hard through his nose, but eventually, he turned around. "I'll allow Nemu to try and save him, but I can already see this poison will not be overpowered so easily. If I had to guess, only Eucadian magic, or someone of similar blood, would be able to synchronize with the spell's wavelengths and neutralize it."

It didn't take long for Nemu to come around the corner, Nari out of sight at the moment. "I don't need your permission to help anyone, Soul," she hissed, but Soul placed his hand on her shoulder as she passed. "What is it!?"

"Don't leave yourself open. Use a conduit for your power, make no direct link towards you and Zorian. He seems guided on simple instructions right now, so if the magic comes from something that isn't you, the spell shouldn't be able to make any sort of whiplash against you." Soul muttered. Nemu's mouth slowly opened and Soul only side-eyed her.

"If I wasn't allowing this, I wouldn't have told you that. Keep. Yourself. Safe." Nemu slid Soul's hand off her shoulder and took her place next to Arren, looking over Zorian quickly. Leaving the girls be, Soul made off towards the field, pausing only briefly at Jacob's body. He reached for his sword and looked down at the man, his fingers stretching over the hilt. Turning back to Zorian, he scoffed a moment, then left the man be. Perhaps Jacob would have something usable for insight later. He didn't quite like going in blind.
((You must watch IT crowd twisted ))

Alex couldn't help but smirk at Soul's last words. A footnote was he. Alex didn't think so. Alex liked to think he was a minor character that was about to become a main character. He made it as far as the steps but stopped as he heard his father's cries of pain. He looked back for a moment then rubbed the back of his neck. He began his descent but stopped as he heard his father scream again. He let out a deep sigh. His mother was clearly trying to heal him. Her magic would have a negative effect as would anyone's. Only Alex could stop the magic from spreading throughout his fathers body. Alex leant against the rock face and stayed there for awhile. He stayed there for so long that Soul passed him. As they passed Alex merely glanced at Soul. His face completely blank.

Zorian was getting weaker by the second. He could feel Arren's magic flowing through him but it was having little effect. His nose had already mended but as for what Alex had done. Every pulse of his wife's energy was making it worse. He felt as though his chest was about to explode. Soul's words had pained him but to be honest he had come to expect that. What else could he expect? In his own mind he had been like a parasite to his wife so why would anyone else think any differently? That was the least of his problems right now though. By now Zorian was sweating badly, he had turned red and his breathing was becoming more and more erratic. Zorian was starting to zone out when he heard Nemu's voice.

Jacob didn't respond right away but after a couple of minutes his eyes fluttered and then opened. He let out a long groan then looked over to see Arren healing him. Well she was but her attention was else where. What was going on? He turned his said and saw his brother laying there beside him. He looked a mess, but what had happened to him? Jacob sat up then placed his hand to his stomach. He felt sick, like he was about to throw up. Jacob looked up and saw Nemu and Soul. Soul was starting to move away but he mentioned about using him as a conduit, but a conduit for what?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex made his way back up the stairs and peered over at his family. He paused for a moment as he watched his Uncle sit up. What he was about to do, there was no going back. Alex slowly made his way towards his family. As he did he could hear his fathers breathing, but that was to be expected. He stopped a few feet away and slid his hands into his pockets. "You know I'd leave him alone if I were you. Every bit if magic you pour into him is killing him. Only I can remove that from him." He stopped then let out a small sigh. He held out his hand as magic began to pool around it again. The same effects happened as before. The air began to move towards his hand, even the light seemed to be affected. Jacob looked back to Alex. Clearly he had missed something. What was going on? "Hey, can someone fill me in on what-" It was then that Jacob recognized the familiar energy. "Alex..you-" Alex had his hand aimed towards his father but then with a grin aimed his hand towards his Uncle instead. Before anyone could react he released the orb sending into his Uncle. Jacob paused for a moment then collapsed by his brothers side once more. There were no cries of pain but he was clearly distressed. Alex lowered his hand but his grin remained. "Both of these men are a curse on this world. So you needn't worry about them any longer." With a sneer Alex turned and again walked away, this time for good. Jacob lay there, sweat now pouring from his brow. Zorian on the other hand had improved. He was no longer screaming. In fact he was quiet, his breathing was already back to normal. Whatever Alex had done, it either hadn't worked or it had simply stopped.

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Arren didn't say anything in response to Soul's harsh words. It wasn't that she didn't know how to answer exactly, it was just something she felt soul wouldn't understand. But Arren would not deny what he said was true. Her husband was a victim to his inner demons, his past actions with taking up some borrowed Eucadian power was proof of this. He had allowed himself to be used as a puppet so many times by men with an unsatisfiable thirst for power, and yet...she still loved him. The woman simply couldn't bring herself to leave her husband knowing he would only continue digging deeper into the pit he dug, knowing he would destroy himself out of grief. Perhaps Soul was right...perhaps she should have left him, but when she thought back on the happy moments they spent together in their early years, she couldn't let go of what little hope she had left just yet.

Pushing the thought aside, Arren looked at Jacob, taking Soul's words regarding the poison resonating throughout Zorian's body. If he was right, then she needed to wake her equally idiot brother-in-law up before her husband really kicked the bucket. It wasn't too long after Soul spoke a familiar winged figure returned, Soul giving her some form of advice before taking his leave. Luckily for her, or so she hoped, Jacob managed to come to, though he looked as if he were ready to just keel over again.
Although Arren had been pouring her magic into him, Zorian only continued getting worse. Was her magic having no effect? She had doubt any of the leftover potions she had stocked would have any effect, and so she looked up at Nemu with a surprisingly look of defeat. Could they explain things to Jacob in time? Would he even help them at all? "Jacob," Arren said, "I know you just woke up and all, but I could really use your assistance right now..."

She was just about to give him the short version of the situation when Eldin conveniently decided to pop back in, causing Arren's brow to furrow slightly. Tempted as she was to tell him to get out, his words stopped her from speaking, and instead stopped the healing process. The b*****d had the nerve to waltz back in after sentencing Zorian to death. And then he did something to Jacob, causing the man to fall over once more. What Eldin had done, she did not know, but his last few words brought no comfort whatsoever, the man was insane. She had to bite her tongue, she had to stop herself from saying something that may encourage him to do worse. Once more she looked at Nemu, but it wasn't long before her eyes returned to the two fallen men, their status of health seemingly having switched. Standing from her place, Arren disappeared a moment to fetch a bowl of cold water and two washcloths, returning quickly to place the cold wet rags on their foreheads. During his time, she took a moment to consider Jacob's reaction before Eldin struck the blow against him, which brought to her knowledge the man knew what it was. More so, why he had done it. All she could do right now was sigh and hope the worse was over and the two would eventually be back on their feet. "Eucadians...have rotten timing, don't they..." she said, her words directed towards Nemu though her eyes were elsewhere. Yet her voice held frustration. David, after all his tyranny against their little circle, had finally been put in his place, only to have another nutjob who claimed to be her son caught up in some complicated time warp take his place. And while she was curious of Nari's whereabouts, she was thankful Nemu had taken the liberty of taking her to safety.

------------------------------------

Rinoa couldn't help but snicker in response to the snort. Poor boy, his first battle against a formidable enemy, and victory was claimed by dumb luck. While funny, it certainly wasn't something she felt she should feel ashamed of, if that was the issue. After all, it could have been much worse, in terms of embarrassment and lack of impressiveness that is. Seeing as Reki obviously didn't want to discuss it further, she would spare him the harmless humiliation and go along with it. "Being brave is simply facing what your afraid of," she said, nodding in agreement, "Besides, were it not for fear, we'd all have run into our own deaths a long time ago...I personally think people should try to view fear in a more positive light. I mean yeah, it's not the best feeling, but it can make us stronger. Wanting to make that feeling go away isn't always easy, but once you do, you gain the confidence to face the fears that come along in the future." She scratched her head sheepishly, "...but you probably already knew that..."

Even if he did already know, it was good to see their conversation take Reki's mind off the condition of his battered body. In fact, he seemed more...relaxed and not in pain now. Of course, that didn't mean she was going to give him the OK and let him get out of bed and move around, Nemu would bite her head off if she found out he wasn't resting when he was supposed to. Luckily her ears were deaf to any crackling sounds Reki might be experiencing, although she could have sworn she heard something, she passed it off as her imagination or one of Cobalt's hooves absentmindedly knocking against the house outside. Having lost track of time as well, she wondered how far along his wounds were with the mending, making a mental note to ask his permission to check should his bandages need redressing. Reki could be stubborn, but she was glad he wasn't trying to move much. At the very least, it had given the two a much needed moment to simply talk and catch up on things, which they didn't get to do very often without some crackjob wandering into Hyrule. And then Reki spoke again.

While it was true Rinoa hadn't traveled the world as he did, Rinoa's life wasn't very normal, either. Sure there were intervals, but for almost every month of her life growing up there was someone who came along because they wanted her family dead, although the main target was her father who somehow attracted foreign fruitcakes. Rinoa closed her eyes a moment in thought. "That's something I want more than anything..." she said, opening her eyes, "Ever since I was born my life has been one fight after another to stay alive, in fact some homicidal maniac tried to kill me the day I came home from Market Town's clinic. I don't know if Soul ever mentioned a man by the name of Isaac to you, and assuming he didn't, the guy was a result of some kind of spiritual experiment done on my father or something some time before I was born...a physical manifestation of my father's darker sides if you will. I don't remember how old I was at the time, but he did eventually meet his demise. A few short years later Jacob came along and tried to manipulate some kind of magic apparently sleeping within me..." she stopped realizing Reki wouldn't know what she was talking about. "What, you might ask? All I know is I was born with some kind of mark on my back, unfortunately I don't know the details. Jacob seems to know...but he and I aren't exactly on family-friendly terms, which I'm sure your aware of..." And she doubted Reki would blame her for feeling that way.

"So, on and off my parents tried to keep him away from me. Sometimes he would come to his senses until he went bat crazy again a day or two later. Eventually Alex and Nari were born and well, we all know about Alex." She sighed. "And then came David from the barren hell known as Eucadia." she looked at Reki, somewhat apologetically for going into the story of her life, which she then cleared her throat. "Long story cut short...I hope we can both realize that dream...Goddesses know we both need a break. To be honest, it's one of the reasons I dream of leaving Hyrule to travel the world. I know it must sound like me wanting to run away from my troubles, and maybe a small part of me does, but...it's not like I'd be leaving my family forever or anything. I just...want a chance to live my life and create a happy future for myself, no psycho of the month or year or anything. But at the same time...I feel conflicted about leaving knowing my family may be in danger..." A small sigh passed her lips as she rubbed her neck. "Sorry...I guess I really talked my head off for a moment there, huh?"
Alex paused watching as his mother attempted to help both his father and uncle. Whilst he made no move against them or to stop her, he added in every now and again "It's pointless, just give up." He knew she wouldn't, his mother had always been stubborn that way. Alex slid his hands into his pocket and moved a little closer as Arren started wiping his fathers forehead. Zorian was already recovering. The sweating had already stopped and his breathing had returned to normal. His eyes remained closed but he appeared calm. No doubt that Arren's presence was helping him immensely. Jacob on the other hand was in a bad way. He was sweating and breathing heavily however, he was still sitting upright. Hunched forward Jacob gripped Arren's shoulder tightly.

Jacob watched as Arren worked on Zorian but she also helped him as well. As she placed the wet rag on his forehead he let out a small sigh of relief. Jacob looked up at his nephew who appeared to be enjoying watching his family suffer. Whilst his voice was weak, he was clearly angry. "Alex, what the hell has happened to you?" At his uncle's words Alex simply grinned. With a slight shrug Alex simply replied "It's a hobby." Jacob just stared at his nephew with a blank expression. Alex had done bad things before but he had never been like this. Jacob's grip on Arren's shoulder tightened. God only knew how she must be feeling right about now. Things just kept going from bad to worse and she was powerless to stop it. for how long had she seen both Zorian and Alex spiral down to the pitiful state that they were in now. Not that he himself had been any better. Whilst Jacob habored no ill will towards Arren, he couldn't exactly blame her for hating him. Ever since he had come into their lives things had just become worse and worse.

Alex continued to watch but both Zorian and Jacob were recovering fast. It was time to act. Alex moved between both his father and uncle then knelt down in front of his mother. He was so close to her that he could feel her breath. "Fine, allow me." Alex placed his hands over their chests. While Zorian did not move, Jacob glared at him. Alex closed his eyes then began to gather magic. His hands began to give off a faint green glow. He let out a small breath then began to extract magic from both Jacob and Zorian. Small amounts of magic escaped from them both entering Alex's hands. It took Alex a few minutes. As it went on Alex began to winch. Clearly doing this was causing him some pain but how was unclear. Alex started to sweat, then as he finished Alex pulled away. Alex turned around then fell down on all fours in a coughing fit. Alex gripped his chest then collapsed down.

Jacob didn't move as Alex went about withdrawing the magic. It felt weird to say the least. Jacob felt no pain but he could clearly see it was hurting Alex. Why then had Alex done this? Alex made bold gestures about killing them but at his current level he could have already dispatched them all easily. Why then had he chosen to go about his business like this. Jacob was still trying to figure out exactly what power Alex had acquired. He could sense his energy but there was more to it than that.

Alex took a moment then slowly got back up to his knees. He took a long breath as the pain passed. He then turned his head looking back toward his family. He could see their expressions, looks of confusion. He would have to end that. Alex stood and made his way back to then then crouched down before his mother once more. "I need you to understand something mother." As he spoke her drew his dagger. He placed his left thumb on his chin then pinched it. At the same time he pressed his dagger to her cheek, pressing the cold blade against her warm skin." So much pain and suffering has been caused by you. You fail to understand this though." He moved the dagger then pointed it towards his own chest. "You claim you want to protect your family but you don't have what it takes to get the job done. You need to be cold, to do what is necessary." He knew his mother would not act against him here. More than just his own experience, his father always spoke about how compassionate and loving she was towards anyone. "Moments like this you should not hesitate, you should act." He moved the dagger away pointing towards her. "If you had you could have avoided this." Alex eyes narrowed as his plunged the dagger into his fathers side. Zorian cried out with pain but Alex merely smiled at Arren. He removed the dagger and then stood up. The wound wasn't serious. Whilst it could be fatal, it was nothing that Arren hadn't healed a million times before. She could do it with her eyes closed. "You aren't strong enough mother." Jacob had sat by quietly but no more. He clenched his fists and was about to strike when Alex swung the dagger aiming it towards him. Zorian's blood sprinkled Jacob's face. "As for you uncle, I have something for you." Alex put his dagger away then pulled a very old folded piece of paper from his pocket. The paper was very old and yellow, it had been folded many times. "You know now what I have become." Jacob took the paper from him but was more focused on Zorian. "Alex wha-" Jacob eyes fell on the writing, or rather a list of names. He had seen this before. "Alex please tell me that." Alex simply grinned again and began to walk away. "See you all again very soon."

Jacob's eyes were almost filled with tears as he looked down at the parchment. The list of names or rather the list of remaining Eucadians. David had given this to him many years ago. He had personally killed many of the people on it. Now the list was complete. Alex, he had found and murdered all of these people. Now his strange power made sense. He hadn't just borrowed a power that both David and himself had created. He had finished it and become so much more. So why then had he done all of this? Playing with them. Teasing them? No, his actions made no sense. Then it struck him. Exactly what Alex had done. "Alex..." He paused for a moment as his voice went quiet, "Arren, please heal my brother. We need to talk."

Alex made his way through the village quickly now. He had much to do and not much time to do it. They thought they had hidden Nari from him but they were wrong. He could feel her. But she would have to wait as well. Alex came to a stop at Soul's house. Rinoa was here. Time to get to work. Alex raised his hand then knocked on the door to Soul's home four times.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff