Blessed Humorist

User Image
User Image
The only way you get there Is one step at a time
When you can't WAITany L O N G E R
tab BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT

██ тнєяє's иo END ɩɲ SIGHT
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Diamond District: Her House tab Julian and Caspian tab Cheerful tab Boop.
━━━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━━━━

The coffee break she spent with Mister Cook was fantastic! She enjoyed all the things he had to say, no matter how small or insignificant they seemed to be. Genevieve's conversation skills weren't to be underestimated--she had so much fun speaking to him that moment that she spent a couple minutes over her given break time. When the girl realized this, she gave a bow to Mr. Cook before apologizing and making her way back to the kitchen. She found more plates in the sink and got to work to drying them out--and for the plates that were already dried out, she simply removed them from the rack and placed them back in the cabinet to be used again when they were needed. Afterwards, Genevieve spent the rest of the time in the cafe, aiding others and giving them their orders when necessary. Her work and occasionally speaking to Julian was how she spent the rest of the day. The girl smiled as the day soon came to an end, and she waved to Julian good-bye before she walked back to her house.

Fall 8th soon came around, and Genevieve was prepared to face the day with a smile! She got out of her bed as she usually did; after she finished her morning shower she slipped into her typical waitress uniform. She finished it off by slipping her citrine brooch on her bow and tying her mint-colored ribbons onto her. Benji was in the kitchen, waiting for her and the food; Genevieve smiled and poured food out for him, and scratched the back of his ears while he ate. She slipped into her shoes, grabbed some objects to slip into her purse and soon walked out of the door. She waved to Julian and Mr. Cook as soon as she saw them and got back to work. Lunchtime was always a busy time in the place, but Jenna wasn't one to quit! She fought through her day with a smile and giggles, creating small conversation to ease those who were more nervous and overall creating a friendly atmosphere for them. The day went by fairly quickly for the blonde, and it was time for her to leave before she knew it. She grabbed the stuff she placed in the kitchen when the doors were beginning to close, and as per usual, she separated from Mr. Cook and Julian with a smile, promising them that she would be present for her job tomorrow. With her items secure in her pocket, she smiled and breathed in the slightly chilly air as she left the cafe. Thankfully for her, her house was fairly close to the cafe; the walk wasn't going to be long for her at all. The few minutes were very quick for her, and she walked up the small couple of steps to reach to her porch. She inserted her key into the door, and her hands twisted the knob to allow her entrance to her house.

The minute she stepped in the house, she headed for the room. As much as she enjoyed her job, she was glad to be out of her typical uniform. The outfit needed to be washed, and indeed that was what she was going to do! She removed the outfit from her and replaced her clothes with a loose-fitting pink nightgown. Her hands reached to her head and removed the headband from it. With her citrine brooch and mint-colored ribbons in her hands, she placed the accessories on top of her drawer, where she knew where they could be found. She soon walked out of her room to a small section of her house where the washing room was--she washed through her clothes and ironed them out, eventually leaving the outfit in the room for her to retrieve later. She soon walked into her kitchen and smiled. She hadn't given herself a treat in a while, so why not make today a special kind of night for herself? She pulled out a pan and several ingredients and placed the food items in a bowl. With a spoon she mixed all of the food together, the result coming out like a chocolate syrup. She smiled and poured it evenly into the tray she pulled out. The oven was soon ready for her, and she placed the tray inside of it and fixed the timer so that it would go off in about twenty minutes.

Yes, Genevieve liked to work fast, in case her job wasn't obvious enough to her.

Knocks soon came at the door. Curious of who was at the other side, Genevieve gave a last glance to the oven and skipped over to the door. She opened it with a smile and a gasp to the people at the other side.
                                                  "Cassie! Jewel! I'm so glad that you both came!" Genevieve clapped her hands together and giggled at Julian. "And of course I don't mind you coming here! What coworker would I be if I didn't want you here?" She giggled as she opened the door for them. "Feel free to come inside and make yourselves at home--oh!"

She clapped her hands and looked at the two boys. "I forgot to say this, but I hope you both aren't allergic to cats, or have a fear of them . . . I have one named Benji, and he'll probably greet you both once you walk through. He's very friendly towards people, so don't be afraid of him biting or scratching you! Unless if you handle him roughly, but I bet you both know better than that."

She glanced in the house, locating the spot where her cat was while waiting for the boys to enter her house. Her ears were still on them, and if one of them said anything about the cat, then she'd probably have to figure out what to do with him. All the scenarios were already forming in her head, though she was hoping that she wouldn't have to do anything to him. She truly adored Benji, and he was a friendly cat.

ωнєи чoυ иεε∂ ʈი f--find the STRENGTH

It is your FAITH that makes you STRONGER

sanchan-hime

The traitor XIII

Shoujo Prophet

User Image

User Image

location ~ Clinic ⇒ Tavern
company ~ Himself ⇒ Those in the tavern
mood ~ Relaxed
ooc ~ Don't know what to do, but Haru is open for interaction

Another day had come to an end. The clinic had been shut for approximately four hours now, yet the Doctor could still be found sitting behind his desk pushing his glasses up his nose and reading a book that had been delivered earlier that day. Putting a bookmark on the page in front of him, Haruto closed the book and leaned back, his gaze resting on the ceiling above him. So many people had arrived in the town recently. It was definitely going to keep him busy, not that he minded. If Haruto could help all the people who were relying on him, then it would make all his hard work worth it. Even now, four hours after his work day had finished, he was reading any information he could find on helping Kanon with her condition. Obviously it would be hard to do without surgery, but there was no harm in looking.

After a brief glance at the nearby clock, Haruto removed his glasses and stood up, stretching his hands out in front his body. "Now....time for some drinks!" the male announced, grabbing onto his coat as he (finally) made his way out of the clinic. The night air was cool, indicating the slowly approaching colder season. Upon exciting the clinic and locking up, Haruto pulled a packet of cigarettes from his jacket pocket, standing still for a moment to light it. The man was no chain smoker. It would look bad to the townspeople if he was. But it did help him relax after a long day of working. That, and some alcohol. Really good alcohol. And there was only one place you could get really good alcohol in this town. The tavern.

Since the Tavern and Clinic were both located within the Ruby District, it took Haruto less than five minutes to arrive there. Before stepping inside, the orange haired male put out the cigarette he had been smoking, knowing that not everyone that inside would be as indifferent to the smell of smoking as he was. He was courteous enough to do that much. Inside, the tavern seemed to be drawing in quite a crowd that evening. There was already quite a number of people inside, some sitting around the bar, and others were off talking in their groups. Most had alcohol in their hands. It was the start of the weekend, and some here were lucky enough to get tomorrow off. Haru was not one of them, so he couldn't let himself drink too much, otherwise he would get an earful of complaints from Keiko tomorrow.

With that in mind, Haru stepped up to one of the many barstools lined up along the bar and sat down, leaning against the bar top with his elbow. Haru's gaze landed on the siblings behind the bar, Titus and Michael. Micheal seemed as energetic and flirtatious as usual, her focus primarily on Zeb. Titus was....well, Haru couldn't tell. The tavern's dim lights didn't really help him see what was going on more than a few meters away. Not that it mattered. His main focus for now was to relax. He just hoped that either Titus or Michael would notice him soon enough for him to get some alcohol in his system.

psysusa's Waifu

Bunny

18,225 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image
User Image
███ ` LOCAL BOAT CAPTAIN
Outfit| Docks - Fishing boat| No Company |Calm

The fall sunset loomed over the large fishing ship as the afternoon was slowly creeping into evening. The men aboard had been out on the water since that morning, having only come back to shore once or twice to unload their catches, and to fill their stomachs with some of the finer bounties of the sea, or with whatever they desired to replenish energy for another round. Anything the men did not feel like taking for their own to feed the family was taken to the market to be sold to the town residence, or shipped off somewhere else. the process was rinsed and repeated, and now they were pulling in the last of the nets.

The fishing crew, guided by the eldest in the family Leon had traveled to different marked territories on the water and pulled in the different nets. Each had been designed to catch a different sort, some more tightly wound to entangle smaller fish, and some larger to trap bigger fish. In this season though the fisherman would be drawing in mainly carp and sea bream along with clams, muscles, and other such creatures that seemed to plague the waters no matter what time of year it was. There were rare times the nets would somehow get some kind of trash or rubble lodged in it, these times always served to irk the captain of the ship as he tried to untangle the blasted item from his nets. There were even rarer occasions when the nets would somehow trap something of more value, it was still a pain to get it out of the net, but once free Leon would often gift whatever it was to one of his siblings. If none of them had any interest in it, the treasure would simple be donated to the town's museum.

After finishing their work for the day just as the last sliver of sunlight disappeared and was replaced by moonlight, Leon and his younger brothers departed from the docks. Their home was a short walk from the docks, dinner was served by the youngest of the Barker brothers who had a talent for cooking. Once their bellies had been filled the brothers began to move, the younger two had always been less likely to stay at home for a night. Leon declined their offer to go out, his gaze lingered on them as they departed. He didn't mind their merriment, just that where ever it lead that they were safe, such a worry wart the boat captain was. Leon busied himself with cleaning up after dinner, and later found himself returning to the docks and the familiar surrounding of his trusty fishing boat.

The blonde descended to the lower deck of the vessel, and returned moments later holding a fishing rod, and a small container which held the live bait they kept in a small cooler. He would not be taking the boat at again. No, Leon would content himself with catching whatever creature was swimming beneath and around his boat at shore. Even if nothing came about it, fishing was actually very relaxing when it wasn't work. The blonde cast his line into the sea after pulling up a chair, and leaned his body back against the chair. The chill of the air hit the boat captain as he'd finally slow his body down enough for it to catch up with him, but he'd dressed for the occasion, and if it were to get unbearably cold he could always return below deck to escape it. For not he contented himself with the serene quiet he was experiencing, save for the sound of watering crashing against the coast, and the occasional voice off in the distance carried over by the wind.

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

User Image

►◄LOCATION: The Bar
►◄THOUGHTS: H-haru!
►◄COMPANY: Haru
►◄OUTFIT: Periwinkle Skirt and button up

Scarlet smiled cheerfully as she waved to her last student. Another Friday. In a way, this meant two things. One, she would be able to relax for a few days before returning to school on Monday. But, at the same time, it was a bit sad. She thought of these students as her children, and watching them leave ever Friday broke her heart in a way. However, she just reminded herself that she would be able to see them again after the weekend which seemed to mend it enough to keep her from falling apart. It wasn't that bad. But, it usually became worse on long breaks. Often times, she would find herself trying to keep busy or even visiting her students. She just felt the need to always be around children. She would have had one for herself, but well...she wouldn't be telling anyone about that anytime soon.

However, there was one person that did know about her situation That was right! She had wanted to speak with him earlier in the week, but he'd been so busy, and their breaks just didn't seem to fit or aline with one another. Scurrying off home, she quickly pulled off her clothes and hopped into the shower. It wasn't that she really couldn't have done it later, but she just preferred to shower before going to meet with him. Though she wasn't quite positive where he was, she could at least make a rough estimate of where she thought he would be. The bar. Just the thought of it made her shiver. Alcohol wasn't exactly her drink of choice. Honestly, she tried to avoid the bar at all costs. It wasn't that she was judging those who went, she just couldn't drink. It just wasn't appealing to her and simply seemed unbecoming.

But, everyone else who enjoyed it could do it! Getting out of the shower, she quickly dried her hair until damp and pulled it back into a pony tail. It was odd she didn't add her signature ribbon, but it would be late, so she wasn't going to get all that dressed up. Dressed up being her ribbon. Digging through her dresser, she found a periwinkle pencil skirt and a white button up top. She looked in the mirror and sighed going into the kitchen. For the next few hours Scarlet ate a bit for dinner and baked a few different sweets to bring to Haru. She wasn't exactly sure what he liked, so she made a few different kinds of cookies to make sure that he'd be satisfied. Wrapping up a plate, she slipped on her jacket and looked outside. It was late enough. Haru should be at the bar by now. Hopefully she was right on her judgement!

Scurrying into the night, she made her way quickly to the bar. Stopping outside, she looked up at the establishment. God it was daunting to the vice principle. Peering through one of the windows from the door, she sighed with relief seeing Haru sitting at a table. Pushing open the door, the woman suddenly feeling out of place in her basic school attire. The small woman walked up to Haru slowly with her plate looking slightly nervous and a bit flustered. "H-haru? I hope I'm not bothering you. May I sit down with you? I brought you some cookies," she said with a small smile.

Raven5023

Sparkly Streaker

User Image

MAIL CARRIER ++Since when did your smile become so sad that it breaks my heart+?

User Image
                                I wished for rain, but slowly, the sky cleared
                                xxThe summer sunlight gently spread out.

Maxie only seemed to smile as he watched the lavender-haired male and his dog interact, the male clearly having as much joy in it as Happy, the puppy swishing his tail to-and-fro in delight as he was pet. The male tilted his head slightly to the side as Lynde had called him lucky, wondering why that ever was. He was lucky to have Happy he supposed, who was his best friend for the longest time. Though honestly, he'd never thought too much about it before. "Hmm, well, if you want, you're always more than welcome to come and visit Happy whenever you like! He usually comes along with me whenever I go on my routes if you catch us, or we could always come and see you! We don't live very far from the inn," he said, beaming. Maxie was happy (pfft-), it seemed like he was making a new friend today after all. "I don't know a whole lot about bunnies, though they are cute! My friend Luka might have a couple at the ranch. I could always take you there too if you want. I don't think the inn would mind too much if you had one though, since I think one of the people there has a cat." He couldn't put a finger on who, but he did recall seeing a cat wandering about. Hopefully whoever that was wasn't going to get in trouble. "Either way, we can always just share Happy, if you want! He's a really good dog, I'm sure he wouldn't cause you any trouble."

"Oh, and a pleasure to meet you as well, Signoire Lynde!" Maxie grinned widely, grasping Lynde's hand with his own in a friendly shake. It was official - he'd made a friend! The other seemed to be overjoyed when he mentioned his name - guessing he'd gotten it right after all. The boy hummed, watching the the other seem to look him up and down in interest, possibly to question how he knew the whereabouts of him. "Oh gosh, I didn't mean to frighten you at all, I promise I'm not suspicious! Though as much as I'd like to say I'm a mind reader like most people think, you're right on the mark. Maxie Tiamo, Houseki Meadow's one and only trusty mail carrier, at your service," he said with a deep bow like he'd seen on television not too long a time ago. He liked to keep it classy. Sometimes.

Ah, the general store! That's where Maxie had seen him around on occasion. Aside from dropping the mail there, he did pass by to grab ingredients every so often the week’s meals and the like for him and his aunt. No wonder why the other’s face was vaguely present in his head. "Do you not enjoy it? I actually think it’d be rather fun, putting the things people want to buy out for display. I’d like to see it as a game, and see what people want the most or guess what they’re planning to do or make with those things they buy.” Maxie tapped his chin as he thought of it, actually believing he’d enjoy such a job. Perhaps he’d try it sometime if he had a day off just to ease his curiosity. "Like, what if someone bought a bar of chocolate and a couple potatoes? You wouldn’t have guessed, but french fries dipped in chocolate are reaaaally good.. things like that!” The boy was adventurous no matter what he did. If he thought of it, he figured he could do it. Maxie caught himself rambling, grinning as he saw that Lynde seemed to have the same habit as he did. "Oh, don’t worry about it! I don’t think you are at all, if anything I feel like I’m the one talking too much.. but to answer your question earlier, I do find my job fun, though I honestly find a lot of things like that. I get to go around and see everybody, so what more could I ask for?”

Maxie looked about the beach, whistling a soft tune as his eyes surveyed their surroundings. He wondered if there was anything him and his newly found friend could do to pass the time. "Did you come out here to do anything specific? I hope you wouldn’t mind if Happy and I joined you if you were.. we’re just out enjoying a bit of fresh air, and we’d be glad if you’d come along.”

ℓσcατιση x
                                -- beach
                                cσmpαηy -- lynde and happy
                                ғeeℓιηg xxx -- content/thoughtful

Just like that time, it's a clear day outside
                                xxBut the downpour in my heart show no signs of ceasing.

Elegant Macabre

zolbat's Darling

Prophet

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

-------------- Somewhere only we know, Keane
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

User Image

Lalalala~sɪɴ ғʟɴʀ
General store cashier

( C A S )Caspian rolled his eyes when Julian didn't take his "cute" compliment. Was the guy like stone cold? Could he really not take a compliment? What kind of guy couldn't take a compliment? Then again... Caspian had been getting called cute practically since he was born. Maybe it was different for Julian. He'd have to ask sometime later.

Although, Caspian did flash Julian a small smile when he agreed to come with him to Genevieve's. Really, he was super glad. Not only did he get a chance to spend more time with Julian, but he wouldn't be going to the waitresses house alone. Maybe then it wouldn't be as awkward. He led the way out of the inn and slipped his hands into his pockets as they walked. He was slightly sad with himself, as he didn't really know what else to say to Julian. The two talked a lot and he had that aching feeling that they were running out of things to say to each other. But... he was probably just thinking things too hard. He needed to stop thinking like that. He and Julian had a lot to talk about.

Caspian turned his head towards Julian as he asked him a question about what he did in his free time, "Well... lets see. I read a lot. Like, more than I probably should, honestly." He paused for a minute and flashed Julian a small smile, "Uhh... I don't know. I don't really do much. I read a lot and I sleep a lot. Other than that I don't really do much." He let out a sigh and turned his head away to shake it instead. He still hadn't met very many people here, which meant that he had next to no friends. And he felt like Julian was always working. So most days he spent his time sleeping and reading and honestly not doing much else. It was a very boring lifestyle, really.

The pair arrived at Genevieve's house and he let Julian knock on the door.

Before he knew it, the door was pulled open and there was her smiling face. Caspian suddenly got the vibe that she was the kind of person who could brighten up the whole room. He shook his head and smiled a little when she invited them inside.

However, his entire body froze the minute that she said that she had a cat. His smile faltered and turned into a frown. A cat. Ugh, of course. Of course it had to be a cat. He and cats just did not go together. At all. The creatures were like the devils. Always flocking to him and cuddling up to him. Sitting on his lap! While they got their stupid fur all over the place! Ugh. Cats.

Caspian let out a reluctant sigh and walked into the house anyway. No. He would not turn away just because there was a cat in the house. He was here for Genevieve and Genevieve alone. He turned his head towards Julian and he noticed how he entered the house and walked directly towards the cat. His frown turned into a scowl. Julian... liked cats? He tried to rack his brain to see if he knew that, but he couldn't recall Julian ever telling him that.

Caspian sighed and shook his head. He turned to look at Genevieve, "I hope we're not intruding on you! I just figured tonight would be a good time to come over... like you had invited me... and then I ran into Jules there and invited him along. So really, thanks for having us."

Caspian heard a meow nearby him and he jumped back a bit, his eyes wide a little and he stared down at the beast. He brought a hand to his chest and covered his heart, "O-oh my gosh! Keep that damn beast away from me!"

His frown found its way back to his face as he stared at the cat.

He really, truly, hated cats.

[genevieve's house] [happy & a bit annoyed] [julian and jenna] [ooc ;; caspian does not like cats]

sanchan-hime

l Sailor Centaurus l

Sinshipper Genesis's Other Half

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    tab tab tab E L I Z A _M A E_ P A T T E R S O N
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    _
    tab LOCATION{ Sapphire D: House 2>>PolarisXXCOMPANY{ No oneXXMOOD{ Restless

tab Eliza never did catch the name of that lavender-haired gentleman, what with the intermission coming to a close and the crowd hurrying passed each other in pursuit of their original seats… Although the encounter was five days passed mulling, she knew no more than what had happened prior to the 8th of fall. Well, anything benefiting to her knowledge, she supposed. There was still the irksome case of her Captain. Despite her many attempts to dismiss his lechery, the action was still unbecoming for someone who held himself so bloody high in the eyes of his peers. It had certainly caught Eliza off guard to know even men of status could stoop so low, so fast…
    Then again, the primal search for pleasure was only natural; disgusting, but wholly natural. ‘A shame I’ve only made sense of the obvious…’ she sighed, tapping the butt of her pen against the empty section of her research journal. Her intellect should not be wasted on the sort; and yet, something within her could not move pass it.

Restlessly, the scientist rose to her feet, pacing around the room as if to find a distraction amidst her surroundings. Yet to be shelved encyclopedias made a towering pile at the front leg of the desk; her dissection kit and compound microscope sat just below. The table occupying the middle of the room revealed a pot of tea that had long gone cold (much to Eliza’s dismay at wasting the high-quality tea leaves that went into the brew). Her eyes finally fell back to the desk – only to realize she was missing her diary.
    Strange, she could have sworn she had collected everything on the first day. Unless… “Ugh…” Eliza pinched her nose. Yes, she’d done well to gather all that was valuable to her project, not thoughts. It was no wonder her mind was running with personal musings that would not leave until she put them on paper.

Grabbing her coat off the chair she’d been sitting in, Eliza slipped it on and exited the door. A cool autumn gust immediately overtook the warmth she had enjoyed back in the house, breezing into the portions of skin not in her coat’s protection. If the bespectacled blonde recalled correctly, her diary should still be in the cabin room of the deck. Hopefully Jones had not retired early this night. She moved up the loading plank quickly, not even breaking pace to observe the beauty of the night … not when it threatened to freeze her stiff. In no time at all, she reached the deck and began navigating her way towards the captain’s quarters.

((OOC: woooo was grasping at straws for this post ; u ;
    I also apologize greatly for neglecting to post in a while u.u))

_
    ______________________H E A D ▪▪SCIENTIST

Kilkyway's Datemate

Tipsy Lover

User Image

User Image

People
N/A
Thoughts
This is it! This is how I'm going to die!
OOC: Oh my. Brain is still tired but I hope this works!

Zipping up her fall jacket and buttoning it, the dark haired woman looked disgustedly at her boots waiting by the door. Ugh. As much as she despised the idea of wearing those feet prisons it was much to chilly out for her to be barefooted. It was just so unnatural and now no one would be able to appreciate the effort she put in to painting them. Pouting slightly, Kalina sighed and made her way over to her small dresser in her room and pulled out a pair of pink socks with yellow stars on them. Pulling them on and then her boots, Kalina stared at the laces not knowing what to do next. Every year as it got colder, Kalina had the struggle of trying to remember how to tie her shoes. She was not proud of this. After a few different tries Kalina had basically tied her shoes. They looked like a jumbled mess of laces but they would hold. Probably.Grabbing her room key, she locked the door behind her and left.

The autumn night was chilly as was to be expected. And even though her feet hurt she was somewhat appreciative of the socks and boots for keeping her feet warm. Now that she was finally out and about she couldn't think of what to do. Sure there was the tavern and she could go get some drinks but traveling south was very inauspicious today which was the main reason she wanted to be away until she was ready to sleep. It almost felt like a storm was brewing down there but there weren't many clouds out. Kalina had tried bringing along her darling Borvo but the stubborn yak didn't want to leave. Hmm. There was still one place Kalina had yet to fully explore and that was the Sapphire District. Might as well do it now, right?

Sapphire District was certainly impressive to behold. It was obvious by the housing and everything that this was quite a wealthy district. However, despite her dream of someday living in such fancy homes as these, this was not an area Kalina would care to live in. It was so close to the water! How did people live like this knowing that at any moment a giant wave could happen and take away everything they loved? It seemed ridiculous to her but she supposed that not everyone had her fear of the water. Shaking her head of negative thought Kalina continued her walk, following the dock but staying very far from the edge.

Soon enough the green eyed woman found herself approaching the beach. It was a gorgeous sight to behold at this time as the stars danced on the waves. However Kalina could only appreciate it as a hollow beauty as she knew how ugly it could turn instantly. She felt a strong sense of apprehension but kept on walking. If she didn't get too close to the water it couldn't hurt her, right? Right. Despite her fear of the water she always felt some sort of closeness to Jadyn when she was near it. The beach was one of his favorite spots to visit when they could and he loved being in the water. The fact that it killed him left a very bitter taste in her mouth. Electric eyes gazed across the shoreline where something shining in the sand caught her attention. Kalina squinted, trying to make out what it could be. She'd go inspect but those waves were looking rather shady for her liking. Then again they were just waves, right? She could definitely out run some sissy water movements if she really wanted to. They didn't even look like they were moving that much. Besides she really wanted to know what that thing was. Gathering up all of her nerve, the fortune teller let out a "war cry" and sprinted full on toward the on coming waves and scooped up the the shiny thing in the sand and raised it high. "Aha!" Kalina scurried back a few feet from the waves to further examine her find. It only turned out to be as seashell with an iridescent outer shell. Not the treasure she was hoping for but it was still gorgeous nonetheless. Kind of worth the perilous journey she made .'Psh! Those waves didn't know what hit 'em. I just made the ocean seem extremely foolish!' Just then a small wave lapped up on her boots and Kalina let out a loud screech as she stumbled farther into the water and toppled over, tripping over her own feet. This was it! She had mocked death and now it was going to claim her in its watery prison. Panic seized the woman as she went into hysterics, thrashing about in the water screaming for help and other incoherent things.

Shiny Buneary

l Sailor Centaurus l

Sparkly Streaker

User Image
User Image
                                              crimson w h e r e x a m x i x ?
                                              ( LOCATION )
                                              macarons. NOTES genevieve's.

crimson w h o x a m x i x w i t h x ?
                                              ( COMPANY )
                                              macarons. NOTES caspian and genevieve.

crimson h o w x d o x i x f e e l x ?
                                              ( MOOD )
                                              macarons. NOTES joyous

Julian listened intently as Caspian answered him about his frequent past times that he'd been so curious about as of late. 'Reading, hm..?' he tapped his chin as he was lost in thought again, a constant habit of his. He recalled he had a large number of books lying about his room in the city, most of which he wasn't able to bring with him during his move due to their heavy weight. Perhaps he would give a call or send a letter back home to have them sent to him for Caspian to borrow, maybe even keep. He'd read most of them cover to cover at least twice, when would he ever have the time to pick them back up again? Nonetheless, he was sure the other would appreciate them more than him. He'd try to get what genre of book the other preferred to read out of him sooner or later.

He peered into the doorway, subtly smiling at Genevieve as she let him into her home. ”Thank you for having me," he said with a bow of his head, stepping inside. He focused on a familiar shape across from him before Genevieve said anything, his eyes lighting up as he eyed Benji - Genevieve's cat. As soon as he was through the door he made his way over to the feline, kneeling down to pet him. The male adored cats. He was too lost in his own little world revolving around the creature before him, not noticing the amount of distress his company was in right then.

Julian stroked Benji's thick layer of fur, lightly scratching the back of his ears he knew they seemed to like so much - at least with what he knew about his own two cats at the inn. He suddenly remembered where he was and straightened up to return to the other two, leaving the cat to do as it pleased - which was make his way toward Caspian. Julian watched as the other male jumped in fright with his eyes wide. That was not the reaction he was expecting.

"Keep that damn beast away from me!"

The waiter blinked, more in surprise than anything else. He didn't know that Caspian didn't like cats. The male stifled a laugh, bringing a hand up to cover his mouth as he tried to hide his amusement. Julian achieved this to no avail, nearly brought to tears of laughter as he kept replaying the scene within his mind almost as if he'd never seen anything so funny in his entire life. "S-sorry, I just,” he stuttered between breaths of hysterical laughter, "your eyes just went so big and.. oh gosh, that was just great.” Julian brought his sleeve toward his eyes to wipe the forming tears. He, Julian the male who hardly showed any emotions at all, was actually grinning from ear to ear. It surely would have been an odd sight for anyone, especially someone like Genevieve who had known him for half a year already. He didn't think of it, his mind only thinking about one particular thing at that very moment.

He made his way over toward Caspian with a light chuckle before scooping up the cat Benji into his arms, stroking him behind the ears again with ease. "I’ll try and keep him away from you for the time being,” he said, clearly pleased with the turnabouts of the evening. "You don’t have to worry about me, Jenna. Though would it be alright if I kept a hold of him in the meantime? I wouldn’t want Caspian to have another fright.” Julian smiled at this again, finding it not only hysterical (because who in their right mind hates cats that much?), but oddly cute of the male as well. Julian held Benji in his arms and nuzzled against his soft fur blissfully. Perhaps he’d have fun after all.

[ ooc: julian has feelings after all - and new layout because I was completely braindead for him until I finished making it lol ]

The traitor XIII

l Sailor Centaurus l

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

MICHAEL the BEST bartender in Houseki Meadows▓

LOCATION:The Bar ▓THOUGHTS:Good kissers can tie knots~ ▓COMPANY:Kimberly!

Michael watched as the man seemed to be frozen in space. That was odd. Zeb really wasn't the type of person to get nervous or tense. If anything, he was one of the more laid back people in town. Sort of like herself in a way. Except she had a bit more rage when it came to certain things or people. Leaning on the bar slightly, she glanced around the bar looking to see who'd come in. Oh the flirty doctor and the tall quiet firefighter. So many handsome men tonight.~ It was like a candy store. Kidding! But, she wished she could talk to them all, but someone was going to be lucky (unlucky) enough to get her brother as their server. Good for them right? She couldn't help but laugh under her breath as a woman in a pencil skirt entered the bar. Scarlet looked...very out of place, which was sort of an understatement. You had to have been there.

Snapping her attention back to the man as he turned around. It was as if she'd had an apifanny in that moment. Ooohh. This wan't Zeb. That was why his behavior seemed so odd and unlike him. This was...Kim...berly? Yes. That was his name! Damn. From the back, the two of them nearly looked the same. Then again, they appeared fairly similar from the front as well. How confusing. But, no matter. He was still flirt-able all the same. A smile graced her features as the man began to stutter. So cute. Michael didn't judge a man by his demeanor. She liked them whether they were confident. Strong. Quiet and everything in between. Except assholes. She would be staying away from those for awhile. Michael set her soft pales hands on his leaning in a bit towards his face. "Hey hey. Calm down sweetheart."

She kept his hands steady and shook her head. "You're so jumpy. Just relax," she said moving her hands up his arms a bit before pulling them away slowly. Laughing softly, she touched his cheek. "So red and warm. Are you nervous dear?" That wasn't even a question. Of course he was. Michael's playfulness wasn't helping any either. "Sangria? Coming right up. I promise not to keep you waiting," she winked turning around an going back to the alcohol. Hopefully Titus would hurry it up and not say something stupid to Noel. As much as she loved chatting with the customers, they were on the job, and they needed to serve EVERYONE. Not just one person. Not only that, he had to stop bringing his baggage and petty bull s**t to work. The last thing she needed was to hear him complaining about how terrible his life is not only to her, but to their customers that just want to relax after a long day.

However, she couldn't really talk because at the moment, she was letting Kim do anything but relax. Pulling out a picture from a cooled fridge, she grabbed a chilled glass and poured a bit letting a few pieces of the oranges and other fruits fall into the glass. Wiping the edges to make sure that it wasn't sticky, she brought it back around and grinned grabbing two cherries along the way. Dropping one in, she smiled and set it down in front of him. "Just a little something extra." She stuck the other cherry in her mouth and pull out the step twirling it a bit in her fingers while she chewed and swallowed. Smiling at him, she causally stuck the stem in her mouth only to bring it about about twenty seconds later in a knot. "You know. They say that if you can tie a knot in the cherry stem," she leaned in a bit holding it. "It's the sign of a good kisser, "she winked.

Michael didn't want to make him uncomfortable. That wasn't her aim at all. She was just being herself. A bit sad right? But, she was having fun none the less. Now Kim? She wasn't so sure. She would soon find out after her reaction.

l Sailor Centaurus l

Shoujo Prophet

User Image

User Image
Company ⇒Self || Location ⇒ Diamond District || Mood ⇒ Happy

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Ever since the Music Festival, Kanon's day-to-day life had become even busier. She had been asked by various townspeople after her performance to play around the town when she could. In between her forced 'become the perfect wife' lessons and her performances, Kanon didn't have much time to herself. One would think that she would have little time to relax, but music was relaxing to her. It was the one thing that kept her going through the piles of criticism she received from her grandmother. Plus, it felt good that the majority of the townspeople loved to hear her music. In part, she had a feeling part of that was thanks to Daniel. Even though he had just been accompanying her, his music was so expressive, on a whole other level to her own playing.

It was now Friday night. At this time, Kanon would usually be going through her tea ceremony classes with a teacher her grandmother had summoned from the city. Instead, the twenty year old had slipped out right after dinner, still wearing the kimono she had been forced into earlier that afternoon. She had been lucky enough to have grabbed a overcoat, but the cold breeze still sent shivers down her spine. In her hand was her flute case, an instrument she had not played since prior to arriving in Houseki Meadows less than a week ago. Since she had not been asked to play in the tavern that night, the female had the luck of being able to play where ever she wanted. The only problem was, most of the townspeople would be heading to the tavern anyway, since it was a Friday, or inside because it was cold. Maybe it was a good thing that it had turned out like this. Kanon had not played her flute in a while, and if she were to perform in front of others, she wanted it to be perfect, not half-assed.

Kanon made her way towards the center of town, the Diamond District. With everyone at the tavern or inside, the district was relatively quiet, with the exception of a couple of people wandering around here and there. Setting down her case, the blond took out her flute, which was cold to touch from both the weather and siting in its case for so long. After assembling the instrument, Kanon blew into it to warm it up, adjusting it every now and then to get it in tune. Once she was ready, Kanon started to play, the sound echoing into the night. Would she be able to draw a crowd? She wasn't sure, but if she could grab even one person's interest, then she would be happy. It would mean she was standing out, even just a little.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Risky Risk-Taker

18,825 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Cosmic Repairman 75
  • Planetary Technician 150
User Image

💦HOMEWARD BOUND // SAPPHIRE DISTRICT
                          💦NOBODY
                          💦OUTFIT

Yves had spent nearly his entire day goofing off in town instead of bothering to work or do anything remotely productive with his time. Thankfully, he hadn't been caught by his brothers doing anything he typically did so he was left untethered to do as he pleased. He pleased to spend quite a lot of his time in the various populated areas about town on the chance that he would be capable of hanging out with somebody. He loved his family, of course, but hanging out with them all the time was part of his work and sometimes a man just needed the chance to be on his own. He spent all his time out of the house until around six or seven when he realized the time and immediately rushed to get to the grocery store. If he didn't have dinner ready sometime soon he feared his family would tear him apart for neglecting his duties despite the fact that Lambert was plenty capable of making dinner for the family in his absence. But the cooking was Yves's job and he took that seriously because it was something he enjoyed. Once he had his arms laden with two paper bags of food, he was on his way home.

He strolled through the districts wishing he had a bike for probably the thousandth time since he arrived on the island. He would probably keep thinking about it until he either remembered to buy himself the bike or he got one for a holiday from his brothers. Neither were likely to happen though since he had never actually voiced the thought aloud as far he knew. Unless he whined about it in passing. Which was likely since he whined a lot on a typical day. "I can't wait to start cooking," he said, smiling as he thought about the meal he had planned. He was going to try his hand at making gumbo because he thought the meal sounded good and could easily avoid using any seafood so that Lizzy wouldn't complain. Seriously, how could she not like seafood? It was heavenly! Yves adored seafood as long as it wasn't clams and oysters. Those were the only ones he just couldn't understand people liking because it tasted really weird. The blonde shrugged and let his mind wander on to the next topic to think about on his long walk home with his groceries.

His mind wandered to the area around him. Sapphire District was amazingly beautiful and he adored living here. The town had people he could interact with, the beach was nearby, and he lived better than he had before. Mostly because what he went through before was ghastly in comparison to anything else he could live through. He would rather work as a cashier if it meant being away from his parents and their loveless lifestyle. The fact that the business had meant more to those two than their own family said a lot and it was only thanks to the nannies and other servants in their home that they grew up completely unlike them. However, that never meant the Barker children weren't scarred in their own various ways by the experience. Yves was an attention whore with a terrible phobia about it, Lambert was a playboy through and through, Lizzy seemed to spent all her time actively rejecting the girl things in life and was probably more boy than Yves, and Leon was ruined by war. The whole family had something wrong with them.

"Eh, I'm still awesome," he said aloud to himself as he began to whistle some terrible tune from a movie he watched a day or so ago continuing towards his home.

The traitor XIII

Noob

User Image

aa( ) casper abney
                aagshpolice officer. ×

As she had bought the cheapest house she could find as soon as possible, Casper Abney's home was ridiculously small and cramped. It didn't make it any better that there was clutter everywhere. Paperwork, clothes, books, dog toys... there was stuff littered everywhere because quite frankly Casper had no motivation to clean it up. Honestly, it didn't bother her that much. It was cozy! But there was one thing about her cramped home that had become the bane of her existence: the narrow as hell door. She had to force her bike out of it every day, and let me tell you, for someone with nearly no muscle, it is not a fun experience. It was a good thing nobody else was outside at 5:30 AM in the morning to see her struggle to push it out while her dog barked incessantly behind her. "Pleaseeee, go through." With her last plea, the handlebars on the bike finally slipped out of the door and rolled out onto the sidewalk. Letting out a sigh, Casper lifted herself onto the godforsaken bike and looked to the door. "Come on!" she said to Benny as she began to pedal up the street, said dog yipping and running after. 'Gee, what a great way to start the morning. Door probably gets smaller and smaller everyday.'

Casper didn't have to bike very far through the Diamond District before she reached the station, as her house was pretty close. Good thing too, since she'd have to be biking around until her shift ended and wouldn't want to waste energy just getting to the station in the morning. Tying her bike to the rack, the officer turned to Benny and instructed "Wait out here. I'm going in there for a moment." Although she hadn't been with the dog for too long, Benny was pretty obedient; even if he did end up running off he'd make his way back to Casper's house eventually, so she wasn't worried about leaving him outside unsupervised. Nobody else was inside the station yet, which came as a relief to Casper. Although she'd spent a little under a year working there already, interacting with her coworkers still made her anxious. What didn't, though?

After changing into uniform in the locker room, the blonde made her way back up and found Benny where he had been sitting before. Leaning down to pet the German Shepherd, she smiled slightly before standing up again and brushing off her knees. "We'reeee going." It was a rather uneventful day, as usual. There was rarely anything serious to take care of, especially during Casper's shift. The most she had to do was give a traveler directions (which went unnecessarily awkwardly due to the officer's social ineptitude). As a kid, she had imagined police work with a lot more action and a lot less paperwork, but oh well. It is what it is. Passing by her house again at about 3 PM, Casper pressed the breaks and rolled the bike back over to the door, sighing as she began to work on pushing the bike through again.

The rest of the day was spent in her house, procrastinating on paperwork, staring at a wall, and listening to Benny running around. "I'll be up until an ungodly hour at this rate..." she whined to herself, finally lifting herself up again and walked over to the old desk in the corner of the room. There was a tan file folder tossed on it, which she had picked up earlier on the trip to the station. She sat down to open it, and― uugdhgjdfgjdkfjdkgdfkgkg

"I picked up... the wrong folder..." she whined, putting her head on the desk and staring at the wall for another good five minutes. 'Seriously? Why... I swear it was mine when I picked up...do I have to return it now? Great...thanks...' Well, this was utterly awful. Casper sighed for the millionth time that day and got up to get Benny, and then outside to return the goddamned paperwork folder. She didn't even bother bringing the bike this time (she didn't need anymore negativity in her life right now). So, the folder belonged to... that guy? Uh... the detective? It was times like this when Casper wished she had known her colleagues better, because she honestly had no idea where she was supposed to find the guy. "This is it, Benny. This is my last day on Earth." she complained to the dog, whether he could understand it or not. Because that's what she felt like, at least. Walking around at 8 PM to find the owner of a folder she had taken instead of her own was really not something Casper wanted to be doing right now.

Eventually, she passed by a building that sparked a memory, and stopped for a second. The morgue... hadn't one of her coworkers mentioned something about the detective spending a lot of time there? Casper frowned, and although it was her best bet at this point, she was feeling some serious regret about this whole thing. A morgue was where they kept dead people for autopsy, right? Creepy... well. It wasn't like she could just drop the folder wherever and run, so Casper weakly turned to walk up to the door. She almost reached for the doorknob, but hesitated. Wait, what the hell? Was she just supposed to go in? Or knock... she could really use some of her brother's advice right now. Or if Benny could magically talk and tell her what to do, that would be great. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. Better safe than sorry, Casper knocked on the door as she grimaced and said, "Is anyone... in here... I'm looking for, uh... Vayne Eisler? Uh..."

tab × location. outside the morgue tab × company. benny tab × mood. crying internally tab × ooc. here is really_bad_post.doc im cryin.... well

catnip kitty

Blessed Humorist

User Image
User Image
When you can't WAITany L O N G E R

██ тнєяє's иo END ɩɲ SIGHT

Her House tab Julian and Caspian tab Cheerful tab . . .
━━━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━━━━

She was near-heartbroken when the pink-haired boy jumped. So Cassie didn't like cats? At least Genevieve now knew that for the future. Of course she couldn't expect everyone to like the same things--life would be boring like that--but it still broke her heart when people would complain about Benji. He was such a nice creature! She couldn't even recall a time in her life where Benji ever scratched or injured anyone. He was a genuinely good cat, and she couldn't imagine a feline who was a better companion than him.

What distracted Genevieve from the heartbreak was a sudden burst of laughter. She looked around the house, trying to find where it could have possibly came from when her eyes were drawn to the teal-haired male. Her eyes widened when the realization finally clicked in her head--Julian was laughing. Julian, the prince of waiting tables. Julian, the one who mastered the art of stoicism. Genevieve's face lighted up to a smile and she clapped her hands together as she drew her attention to Julian.
                                                  "J-Jewel . . . you have an adorable laugh!" She exclaimed. "I don't recall you laughing like that in a day we've worked together. And this was for about . . . two seasons, I think? I can see why you don't smile very often--you'd be too charming for your customers! It's truly captivating." She turned her head to face the male next to her. Maybe if she talked about Julian for a bit, she could distract him from the cat in front of him . . . she couldn't tell if he was afraid of cats or if he just hated them, but he seemed like he needed something else to take that off of his mind. "A smile is very becoming on Jewel! Don't you agree, Cassie?"

Genevieve's heart warmed up when Julian approached her cat and began to pet him. Did he own cats of his own? She thought she remembered him mentioning something like that to her while they were working, but she couldn't quite recall that. It was a while ago, probably around when Julian first moved into town. Either way, Julian seemed to enjoy Benji at least, and Genevieve's eyes lit up when he mentioned taking care of the feline for her. "Thank you, Jewel! I think you'll find quickly that Benji is a very laidback cat. I'm certain that he won't cause problems for you. So yes, feel free to hold Benji for the meanwhile. I wouldn't want Cassie to jump up screaming, even if it would be a delightful sight~"

She led the boys in the house before they seemed to separate--Julian sat with Benji, and Genevieve led Cassie to an armchair. "Here you go, Cassie! I'm sure Benji won't bother you too much right here." She smiled to him before a sound resounded through the house. She held a finger to the boys, as if she were mentally telling them "Oops, just a minute!" and scurried her way back into the kitchen. She twisted the knob of her oven off, silencing the timer. She grabbed a couple mitts from her drawer and pulled the dessert from the hot oven. She then closed the door, and the scent of chocolate made its way through the house. The blonde placed the tray of brownies on the counter above a piece of cloth so the tray wouldn't heat up the surface. A sigh escaped her as she allowed the brownies to rest there, and she soon made her way back to the living room to meet her guests.

"So sorry about abruptly leaving like that! The brownies decided they were done after you two walked in," she spoke as she looked at both of the boys. "It's almost like I instinctively knew that you both were coming today . . . I'm not sure why I felt the need of baking otherwise, though baking desserts is a hobby of mine, you can say," she explained, mostly to Cassie since he hadn't been in the town for too long. She shook her head, "Anyway! I'm going to let them cool down a bit before I cut them. Would any of you like a piece once I return to the kitchen? I'll be more than happy to grab slices of it for you! Cassie's the guest, and Jewel's the prince, so it only seems natural for me to serve you both with pride! Waitress by day, hostess by night!" She pointed a finger at the ceiling with her eyes closed to show her happiness. In a way it was like she never left her job for the day, but she didn't mind this in the slightest. She loved what she did, and that love only magnified if it meant helping out her two favorite boys! Yes, Cassie was a favorite boy even if she barely knew him. In spite of his feelings to Benji, she still found him to be absolutely charming. Someone that Jewel seemed to take a liking as well . . . she hoped that they were becoming friends and that Jewel didn't feel a sense of duty to come down with Cassie.

She snapped her fingers and ran into her bathroom. Her hands pulled the drawers open and she pulled out a comb, a hairbrush and several hairties before she ran back to meet Jewel and Cassie. She smiled to them both as she slipped some of the hairties on her wrists and placed the comb on a stand next to the armchair.
                                                  "I'm finally ready when you are, Cassie! You can stand around, stretch, do whatever you need to, because when I'm styling your hair, I want it to be absolutely perfect!" she smiled at him. Heck, if he wanted a brownie before the whole ordeal, she would have been more than happy to give it to him, as she mentioned before. All she wanted for the moment was her favorite boys being happy and comfortable in the place. Even if they had to make some adjustments for each other, it didn't matter to her as long as they were both happy with their visit.

ωнєи чoυ иεε∂ ʈი f--find the STRENGTH

It is your FAITH that makes you STRONGER

sanchan-hime

The traitor XIII

Supreme Cat

User ImageUser Image

It was a beautiful evening out, despite the chill in the air. Valera found it refreshing as he strolled along the streets on his way to the tavern. He had been a while since Valera had landed in Houseki Meadows during his travel, and he had grown quite fond of the town, which was why he had stayed longer than he had originally planned. Really, he had only planned on stopping by for maybe a week in order to get some money, and perhaps other things, out of the towns people before heading off to wherever he should land next. However, when he arrived, his plans changed. He knew eventually he would be off to his next stop, but he ended up staying in Houseki Meadows, and planned to stay, at least for the near future. Really, he wasn't sure when he'd leave now, but he knew the day would eventually come, as was the fate of a traveler such as himself.

Valera soon arrived at his destination, oh how he loved the tavern here. He entered the establishment without hesitation and moved to sit at the counter, where he could easily order a drink and eye the other costumers for a target. Valera let his eyes wonder across the other occupants of the tavern as he tried to figure out what he wanted to drink. It wasn't an odd occurrence for the traveler to be there. He rather enjoyed a good drink, and taverns in the past had always been a great place to earn money. Now it had turned into a great place for him to chat and perhaps find a bed to sleep in other than his own. Sadly though, there were people he'd love to get closer too who didn't feel the same way. Still, the reluctance on their part made it so much more fun for him to tease them. Speaking of people who wouldn't sleep him, Valera perked up as a tall man entered the tavern.

"Al!" Valera called out after his saw his firefighter sit down at a table, now it'd be easier for him to keep the man from escaping. He waltzed his way over to the man, placing his hands on the table which Al was sitting at. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here tonight. I had meant to visit you the other day but something came up," Valera gave a sad shrug of his shoulder and let out a sigh before a playful smirk worked onto his face. "Now that you're here though," He swung around to plop into the man's lap, sitting sideways so his legs were draped over the taller man. His arms wrapped around Al's neck as he leaned in to nibble on Al's ear, "We can make up for lost time."

where; tavern | with; Al | ooc; sorry for the horribly sucky post ; ~ ;
                        l Sailor Centaurus l

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces