Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Prophet

9,425 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
User Image
User Image

The air filled his lungs as if he hadn't been breathing for an eternity. But his breath hitched in his throat due all the dust he inhaled and was brought to cough.

The blue haired wizard sat up and swung his legs over the side of the hammock which served as a bed. Though, instead of looking like a hammock it was more similar to a pile of blankets, pillows and clothes which had been attached to the wall in each end. The seemingly young male, which in truth was far older than most, was left to sit on the edge of the hammock. He yawned, smacked his lips, and raised his arms to stretch out. Then he let himself fall backwards into the pile which caused a cloud of dust to erupt around him.

Xavier, or Quinn as he preferred to be called stared up into the ceiling with blank eyes. He was the wizard, the lurid wizard. He was living in the dark woods just north of the village of Fontania and west from Mt Pine. His little cottage was placed just on the side of a hill, beneath the roots of a huge tree. With other words his little den was mostly underground. There were only two colored windows at the front which was in dire need of polishing, but the rest was left in dull darkness. The air was thick with dust and smelled like beewax, fabric, and lamp oil. The place was overstocked. Shelves could cover complete walls and were filled with containers, bottles, boxes, every one of them filled with a different content. And the few parts of the walls which weren’t covered with shelves were covered with different objects. Talismans, knitted works, jewelry. Junk. Something which there was a lot of was crocheted doilies. Both simple and very complex. There was certainly a lack of open spaces. You could almost not see the dark and worn floorboards.

Waking up on the wrong side of the bed was an overrated idiom. Quinn was grumpy almost every day, but today he felt pretty light. This was the worst day of the year. The new year’s day, which had been from the beginning a festival in the honor of the Harvest Goddess’s birthday. It wasn’t the same as it once had been, but he didn’t ignore the origin. He sat up again and stood up, almost stumbling over a pile of random stuff when he walked over to the commode. He lifted the worn pitcher to pour some of the cold water into the bowl. He washed his face but stopped to look at his wet face in the dirty mirror. “Good morning sunshine.” He chuckled and dried his face with a towel. “Slept well?” “Oh, why, yes. Slept like an angel.” “How delightful…!” He had a conversation with himself as he pulled his clothes on. After that he moved gracefully around his mess, almost as if he were dancing.

Moments later, after breakfast and some other necessities, he flung his front door open and swung on his coat with a wicked laugh. “Enjoy yourself while you still can mother once told me, and you better follow it. You hear me?” He threw the door closed behind him and walked down the trail with his coat swishing behind him. Today would be the day of festivity, music, food and fireworks. The square would be filled with booths, stands and stalls. There would be decorations and hangovers from New Year’s eve the day before. Quinn kept his sinister smile. The villagers should enjoy themselves, he would enjoy himself too, since it might be their last New Year’s Day in Fontania.

ᴍᴏᴏᴅMalicious ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴThe road somewhere ᴡɪᴛʜHimself

Newbie Noob

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
+x+ "Luke" Iria Terrius +x+
State: Awake and Alert Location: In front of House C9 Company: Alone
My Journal

"Kyaaah!" A sharp yelp escaped the lips of the blond youth and pierced through the dead silence of the little house by the flower shop bright and early in the morning.

Having just woken up from a good night's rest, a rather bleary eyed Lily, who but a moment ago was bundled tightly in her sheets, had sat up and allowed her warm covers to cascade off of her. Her thin silken night gown however provided no defense against the sudden rush of chilly spring air that settled on her, causing a rather high pitched exclamation from the girl. After a rosy blush of embarrassment warmed her cheeks, Lily swung her feet off her bed and restrained a second urge to squeal as her bare feet met the cold wooden floor boards.

Now a normal girl would have nothing to feel embarrassed over for showing weakness to the cold in the morning, but in this sleepy town of Fontania, Lily was not a normal girl. As she slipped out of her night gown, the cold air assaulted mercilessly and Lily caught sight of the figure reflecting off the full body mirror shivering. Looking over herself in the mirror, though her womanly charms were none too prominent, Lily was undoubtedly a girl in the physical respect. Her limbs were slender, but her arms had an ample amount of muscle, which did not bulge vulgarly like those of men. Her stomach was pleasantly flat, and her hips and waist had a bit of a bulge, but the features hidden under the cotton fabric wrapped around her chest were not worth boasting about. Normally, Lily would pout in frustration and wish for slightly better endowed assets in order to show off to other girls, and reel in the other boys. But again, Lily did not play the role of a typical female.

Though it needed little assistance to suppress, she tightened the cotton undergarments to press her chest flat....flatter than they already were, and donned a rough orange tunic. Her closet bore not a single skirt, as she drew a heavy pair of woolen men's work pants, and slipped her legs through the large baggy article of clothing. She gave her messy bed hair a tussle, so that tufts of hair stuck out here and there to give her cute charming face a boyish kind of disheveled look, and Luke finally greeted the cold morning. The MALE carpenter's apprentice named Luke was how the town knew of Lily, due to her own circumstances of having introduced herself as such, and now, though still a bit too thin to be a strong boy working with wood, at the very least she would pass off the appearance of a male. Wiping the last of her sleepiness out of her eyes and finishing up her morning preparations of brushing and breakfast, Luke bundled a long scarf around her neck and stepped out into the front porch. "Mmmmmm~" She sighed as she stretched under the contrasting glare of the sun and cold winds that blew through. "Not a bad day for the New Years Festival." She remarked, to no one in particular, as she continued to just stretch and enjoy the morning air. Luckily, the plot of land on which her quaint little house rested on was near the center of the village, so from where she stood she would be able to see as the other residents slowly trickle towards the grounds of festivities.

Tenka-kun's Significant Otter

Floppy Bunny

18,175 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
User Image
𝓐𝓬𝓮 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼

- 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆-𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝑷𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆-𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒇 -
[Journal]

"𝑵𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔. 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒄𝒖𝒕. 𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚!"

Giving a heavy yawn, Ace had been up since really early this morning. Till the new mayor arrived, it was pretty much him, the secretary and the mail carrier who took care of all work in the town hall. Mostly him and the secretary though, for the obvious reasons of them having their work space there. So till the new mayor arrived, they had to handle that kind of stuff, including making sure things went along well with the new years celebration. Was kind of tiresome. Ace wasn't found of paperwork as it was, so all this extra work, was putting him a little bit on edge. He couldn't wait for him to get here. Would be fun to see what kind of guy the new mayor was. He had heard a little about him. Quite, odd, things... But it was probably just all made up. He certainly hoped it was at the very least. Or they would have a very strange mayor on their hands.

But giving another yawn, he hoped that the new mayor was here soon and could take over. Yes, Ace intended to push the remaining work onto him instead, so that he could go visit Hawk and then go have a nap before the festivities. He was completely beat. Might be mean to do something like that, but why not let the guy get a taste of things right away? Haha!

"Wonder how much longer till he gets here. I'm really not fit for this kind of boring work..."

He mumbled for himself. If he would have wanted to, he could probably have become mayor himself at this rate. But as he didn't like the idea of sitting around doing loads of paperwork, no, he didn't want that kind of job. He liked it best to be patrolling around and such. Being police chief was more ideal~! Getting to be outdoors a lot and getting to chit chat with people and so on. He loved it! He couldn't wait to get back to that. After visiting Hawk and getting that nap he was so looking forward to.

Taking a glance around, maybe he could go ahead and ask if anyone intended to sell anything interesting during the celebration? Then he could always ask if he could possible purchase something a little sooner so that he could give it to Hawk. Bet he'd be happy to get a little new years gift. But he still had to wait for the new mayor to arrive, didn't he? And he'd probably be stuck showing him around as well. Not a good thing, since Ace got lost easily. He had the direction sense of a blind lemming. If it wasn't for the fact that Ace lived so close to the town hall, he'd probably be late every morning. But when you could see the location from your home, it was easy to find. Not even Ace could get lost in that case.

"... 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚. 𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕! "

User Image
Ⓛσcαтισи Outdoors, in town, helping to set things up.
Ⓦιтн Whoever is around.
Ⓜσσδ Chipper but sleepy.
Ⓣнσυɢнтs *yawn* Maybe I should have "overslept" instead?

OOC
Horrible opening post, but I suck at opening posts. X_x

Hilarious Autobiographer

7,250 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
User Image

There comes a time in every military career, when you are to hang up your rifle for good. General Weaver stepped off the cart, after having a long ride home with his good friend Cadieous Quells. "I'll be back in a moment Cadieous, my family wished to see me in private. Otherwise I'd gladly have you in." The young man just nodded as he leaned back in the cart not too thrilled with having to wait around letting out a small "Eh.."

Theodore made his way to his family's lavish estate, statues of great lions adorned the stairs and were engraved into much of the marble work. The tapestry being of a dark blue holding the family's seal of a lion fighting a serpent. His dress shoes clicked against the hard floor beneath the long rug that ran through the main hall. As he entered the primary dining hall, he could see at the end of the long oak wood dining table, illuminated by gold candle holders and adorned with the finest of silver; was his father, twirling his mustache as usual. His mother a rather long and thin woman stood there next to her plump husband. "You wished to see me in private father?"
Theodore's father sat up even straighter than he already was, "Indeed my son, your.. career has seemed to end a bit.. Prematurely as compared to mine or your late grandfather's career, his father's career, his father father's career, and so forth. Your mother and I have arranged for something else, so that you may preserve the family legacy. You do remember Fontania don't you?"
Theodore's brow quirked as he responded, "But ofcourse, our family's legacy orginated from there. It wasn't til you and mother established the estate here, that we left our old home to be no more than a vacation home." He stated as he caught out of the corner of his eye a stack of two bags to compliment the one he already had. His faithful ferret Wilhelm was sitting atop his traveling cage with his head tilted towards his master. "So.. you're having me to move out there I take it? What will I be able to do to preserve our families legacy out there? Am I going to be a carpenter?" Theodore looked down and cast his bag he had with him to the side of Wilhelm's stack and pulled off his shirt. "Then I will use these muscles to carve out the woods of the forest, til the land is covered in finely crafted barns that reflect the majesty of perfection. Sculpted with the hard work and blood of our families line!" He let out dramatically as bright pink sparkles surrounded him.
His father held up his hand, to stop his son's passionate words."As enthusiastic and glorious as that sounds my son, you will simply be the humble mayor. Apparently the town is full of a younger crowd that will need our families guidance, and I was asked personally to have you go there. So go then my son, and preserve our families legacy in Fontania. For the glory of the Weaver line." the words carried power with them as his father stood upward, the bright pink sparkles around his eyes now as well as his mother's.
"I will not fail you mother and father! I will use the Weaver legacy and these pillars of perfection to sculpt that town into a grand city one day!" Theodore's words carried as he flexed his pecs at the words 'pillars of perfection'. Quickly General Weaver grabbed his shirt and cast it over his shoulder; grabbing Wilhelm, setting him up upon his shoulder and grabbing his bags up under his arms and carried them out to the cart.
Cadieous raised a brow as he saw his friend throw all of his bags up into the cart and leap back into his seat causing it to rock a little due to the weight. "What's goin on?! I thought I was gonna meet your sister." The young man questioned as he then thought about it. "What does she look like again?"
"Why she's as beautiful as I, myself." Theodore responded flexing his bicep.
"On second thought.. I don't want to meet her.." Responded Cadieous as he was about to ask 'Where to?'
"Now quickly Lieutenant, to the train station! Destiny awaits!" As his pink sparkles returned around his face and eyelashes. Cadieous sighed as he cracked the horses onward, it had been a long trip and all the excitement was gone. The General explained the situation with some... regret as they made their way to the train station.
Cadieous helped Theodore with getting his bags upon the train as Wilhelm sat upon the Generals shoulder still. "I will miss you my dear friend.." Rivers of tears went down the General's cheeks as he hugged the Lieutenant almost squeezing the life out of him. "Parting is such sweet sorrow." Cadieous squirmed a bit and coughed a few times before being set down upon the deck of the train station with a small smile.
"It'll be okay, maybe I'll come visit ya General."
"That would be wonderful Lieutenant, stay safe and watch your back." Was the final words the General said to his friend as he boarded the train as the whistle sounded with a nice long 'toooooooooot'..

Theodore held up his ticket as he went around looking for his seat. Once he found it, he sat down as the ticket master went around. "Ticket sir?" he asked as the General handed him his ticket. "Ah, Fontania. I hear their having a festival today. We should be there in time for you to enjoy the festivities." The ticket master stated as he handed him back the ticket.
"Well I would hope so, it would be rather tacky for the mayor to be late on his first day."
"Well good luck to you Mr. Mayor." The ticket master went on asking others for their tickets.
A woman with a little girl set their bags down and took a seat across from him. "Good day to you sir." the woman stated as she tipped her hat to him.
"Well, good day to you madam, and to you too miss. Have you been a good girl and eating all your vegetables?" the General asked as he smiled to both of them, as Wilhelm gave a small wave with his little paw.
"Ah, mommy! It's so cute! Can I pet it!?" The little girl squealed as her mother seemed rather reluctant for her daughter to touch a strange animal.
"Why, do not worry madam. Wilhelm here has a legacy that trails that of the Weaver family for generations. His family has been bred with only the finest of ferrets. He's not only a companion, but as much an honorable gentleman as I." Instead of his past time's he didn't have the room to flip off his shirt, and just gave a small flex beneath his shirt, as Wilhelm imitated it. The little girl and her mother chuckled at the silly antics.
"Well, I suppose it will be alright Eloise." Her mother confirmed as she gave a small nervous smile. Wilhelm then jumped off of Theodore's shoulder, onto his lap and leaped over to her seat and sat down. The little girl gently petted Wilhelm as he made charming noises to her touch.
The General pulled out a pair of glasses and rested them upon his nose, as Wilhelm played games like tic tac toe, patty cake, and hangman with her. Though these tender moments came to an end as an eerie silence came over the train. A man dressed in a leather coat with a bandana came into the car and held up his bolt action rifle into the seat with the General and his company. "Hand over all of your valuables, and nobody gets hurt!" he yelled as the woman and small girl screamed and clung to one another. The man's attention diverted and the rifle slightly lowered. Theodore stood up, as his large hand grabbed the barrel of the rifle and pointed it straight to the floor, as he slammed his fist full force into the train robber's face. The man hit the floor limp as the General pulled up the rifle and checked the chamber seeing it loaded. Leaning down he took the ammunition from the robber and found a revolver on his person. The general tucked it under his belt and kept the rifle ammunition in his shirt pocket.
"Madam, you and your daughter stay here and keep your head's down." Before the woman could get a full word out. "Do not worry, I'm ex-military madam. General Theodore Timble Weaver, of the Weaver family line. Wilhelm, keep the women safe." The General ordered as his ferret gave a small salute and dove into one of the bags retrieving a small enough military hat and adjusted it. Wilhelm scruffed up his fur and growled slightly looking left and right with his eyes narrowed.
Theodore went up to the door to the next car as he held the rifle vertical and gave a look through the window, seeing two more holding up the car. The general flung the door open and took aim. He shot the hand of the furthest one and threw the rifle at the closest one. The furthest robber dropped his rifle clenching his hand as his friend looked to the doorway only to see the butt of a rifle hit him in the face, and a shot go off into the roof. Theodore rushed in and knocked down the robber who was clenching his hand out cold, just like the other. The people were panicked as they looked to the general's intimidating size. Theodore took up the rifle and reloaded it, as the other one laid there rolling about slowly as his vision and thought was distorted. The General gave him another tap with the rifle's butt to ensure he was knocked out.
Foot steps rang over the top of the train as they were making their way forward. Theodore waited til they were to the next car and went to the upper hatch, and turned the crank and popped it open quickly. He put one foot on the ladder and brought himself up and took aim. Picking off the first one to turn around. He ducked down as two shots went his way, and he reloaded the single shot chamber. Theodore popped up again and let off another shot, as the other robber cast aside his rifle and pulled out his revolver, and went to the hatch. He leaned down trying to get a glance at him, and pointed his gun into the hole to let off a few shots. The General grabbed his revolver over the hammer so he couldn't fire any shots, and dragged him down. Theodore then popped him in the face to ensure no retaliation and took the revolver from him and unloaded it. Theodore then chucked it up and out of the hatch before closing it back down.
Taking the rifle back up into hand, he reloaded the chamber and made his way to the trains engine. Going through each door and listening for footsteps or anything out of the ordinary, he made his way to the engine with no resistance. Theodore soon came upon the engineer who was being told to stop the train. He leaped down from the coal cart and used the stock of the rifle to knock the assailant's rifle down and over the tracks. He pushed the rifle into the robbers chest and as the bandana fell from his face. He looked to be a lot younger than what he was. The General froze as his past caught up to him..
The General could remember when he was given the order to shoot all civilians. They all went in, and he could remember the screams as he busted into a home and a little boy and his mother backed away from their small dinner on an old beaten table. They clung to one another as he held his rifle. "What are you waiting for Weaver, take the damn shot!" His superior officer ordered.
"I.. I can't, it's just a woman and a child. This is barbaric." Weaver stated firmly, before having the rifle ripped from his hands, and watching his superior shoot the child first as the mother clung to the dead body of her son. "No! I can't let you do this!" The young Theodore demanded as he got the butt of a rifle to his groin and his superior reloaded and shot down the woman.
As The General stood there frozen with regret, the robber reached back for his revolver, but received a coal shovel to the side of the head instead. "Phew, that was close. Umm.. you can put that gun down now.." The engineer stated putting a hand on the Generals arm to lower the rifle off to the side.
Theodore snapped out of it. "Oh yes... sorry. I.. I.. I think I'm going to go back to my seat now." stated the General as he made his way back to his car. The people all through out the train cheered, as the General looked to them all. He knew the only thing that would cheer him up quell this uprising of cheers. Theodore cast his shirt off of his body, and flexed his muscles. "Indeed, you have all been saved by the Weaver families legacy, these techniques passed down through generations. Such sculpted perfection could not be defeated so easily!" He cheered to them as his bright pink sparkles dazzled around him. A camera flash came from the front as a man from the press was gonna get a raise for this. Or so he hoped, sadly he hadn't had so much luck, just getting bum stories about old widows making jam and such. Though an ex military General saving a train from robbers... this was gonna get front page, and he was gonna move up in his office.
Theodore reached his seat and had already put his shirt back on, and it wasn't too much longer til the train reached his destination with his book over his face as he was taking a nap. The woman pushed his arm lightly. "Mr. Weaver, I believe we're at your stop." The General woke up immediately and grabbed his bags and gave a small nod, and waved as everyone was cheering him off to his new life. As he stepped off the train and got his bags set up he waved to them all and called out.
"You all be sure to visit my little Hamlet and you young ones eat your vegitables and mind your elders." The train went on it's way as he took his bags up under his arms as Wilhelm sat upon his shoulder, still wearing the lil military hat. "Well.. let's see what destiny has in store for us, Windhelm." The ferret let out a few sniffs into the General's ear as they made the long trek to town.

Demonic Cat

ι'ℓℓ иєvєя вє тнє sαмєx - - - - - - - - ➔xx M ikax Umikoxx Mermanxx Merfolkxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ιғ ωє єvєr мєєт αgαιи xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ωon'т lєt чoυ gєт αωαч xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIf we ever meet againxx ! xx xxxxxxxx
Location : Town of Fontania xx With : No one but people xxMood : Calm yet amazed

User Image

xx Hello ~ xxxxx "Mika, where are you?! Mika?!" called out a fishy friend, "Where could have that boy had gone off to? It's early in the morning for this." The fish swims through the empty water while his eyes are keeping an eye of his surrounding if anything tends to hurt him then he would have to take actions or possibly swim away. "Mika if you are playing around - stop! It's early in the morning to be playing games like this! A suddenly chill rushed down his scaly back plus an eerie feeling that somebody is following him or even watching him. "Mika? Is that you?" No answer. The fish stops, "If that is you - stop! You are freaking me out." Still no answer but silence till something is swimming near towards the fish from behind. "Oh god, somebody's behind me." It's getting closer, closer, and closer. Fishy turns around and let out a scream.

"Whoa, whoa! Fishy, its okay! It's me Mika!" Mika, the merman, said to Fishy. The fish's lips went shut then went into a scowl, "You idiot!" Mika looks at him all confused when he uses his tail to hit the boy's head. "Ah! What was that for?" Fishy swims back from the boy, "You nearly gave me a heart attack! I thought you were a shark trying to eat me whole!"

"I-I'm sorry," Mika said.
                                                              Fishy sighs, "What were you doing anyway? You know I was waiting for you over there, close to the shore of the beach."
                                                              "I was taking a swim, as usual, but I also heard something about a New Year festival coming from the humans up shore."
                                                              "A New Year festival?"
                                                              "Yeah, I think we should go to have fun with the humans!"
                                                              "Um are you forgetting something?"
                                                              "Oh right, you cannot cause' you have no legs."
                                                              "And I will be in a bowl! It is weird for a boy, like you, to carry a bowl with a fish in it while you are having fun in the festival! Beside, you might drop me."
                                                              "Yeah I forgot about that one . . . So you are going to stay in the cave?"
                                                              "Yeah - Oh, by the way, how long will the festival last?"
                                                              "Beats me."
                                                              "Mika, you have to be careful out there! If the festival lasts to when the sun is about to go down you will transform back into this form and your secret will be revealed,"
                                                              "I know! I will be careful, I promise - now come on, let's go back home."

Mika swims pass Fishy and let him follow the boy from behind. After landing to shore, the teal haired boy sits on top of the sand and stares down at his tail. His green colored tail slowly begins to split in two, changes color to the same as his skin tone, and finally turns to human legs. Quickly Mika puts on his clothes, which was next to him this whole time, and let then stood up. Of course he would not leave his friend in the water for so long so he uses the bowl, which he found somewhere long time ago, and scoops him up along with water to keep him alive. Mika walks through the sand while his feet are naked with no socks or shoes ( though he doesn't know what shoes or socks are considered that he always stays underwater and never get the chance to know human stuff ).

Mika and Fishy made it to the cave - their home. The boy kneels down to the ground and let his friend swim, Fishy swims farther away deep into the cave. Mika walks deep into the cave as well but his ears hear barking from behind. He looks over his shoulder to see a black dog running for the young man, "Doggy!" The merman runs toward the dog, the dog leaps up into the air and tackles Mika. "How you doing, boy? You miss me? You miss me, Doggy?" The black dog sticks out his tongue to lick his face the barks happily, "I miss you too!"

After having a moment with dog and fish, the two strolls through the cave where they could see the small pond up ahead along with Fishy. Mika's tealish, bluish eyes stare up to see beautiful stones shining bright up on the three. The cave might not be much like home like back home underwater but at least there is something to gaze on, for now. Doggy walks to Mika, next to him, and made a sound to catch his attention. He looks down at the black dog to see a ball in his mouth, "You want to play?" Doggy nodded his head, Mika takes the ball from his mouth then smiles. "Okay - go fetch!" The boy threw the ball at the direction where the entrance of the cave is at and Doggy chases after it. Before he comes back with the ball, Mika hid behind a rock. Doggy came back with the ball for Mika but doesn't see him anywhere, so he lets go of the ball to sniff Mika's sent. The dog found him but he tackles the boy to the ground, "Found me!" Doggy went off the boy, "Come and get me, Doggy!" Mika suddenly went up to his feet then runs out of the cave, Doggy went after Mika and left Fishy in the cave.

"Wait, Mika! Come back!" Fishy shouted. Mika runs through the woods but went too far where he ended in the human's town. The boy stares at it with a blank expression while he is having the feeling to take a good look at the town. Instead of running, he walks his way into the town. Mika stops, after he made it to the destination, and found many people getting ready for the festival. Amazed, Mika wants to wander even more so he did.

o.o.c : Sorry for the long post, guys

Durem Warlord

13,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ: Heading to the Caféxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxᴡɪᴛʜ: Alone
                                                        ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Neutralxxxxxxxxxxxxxxנᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ: P-please don't read it!

There was a flicker of sunlight through the curtains which was enough to stir a certain blonde from her slumber. Luckily she did not have very much to drink last night and thus did not awake with a pounding headache like the majority of the town would be. It was the dawn of a new day, a new season and a new year. Weren't new years supposed to be fresh starts? Something to hope for? Mari wasn't entirely sure if she did have much to hope for. She was still a waitress. Still hiding the shame and failure that brought her here. Still too weak to tell the truth or to admit to her feelings. At least there were people here that made it all seem worthy. And Goddess knows what she would do without Giaan to keep her sane. Oh well, no use dwelling on the negatives if you were supposed to be feeling hopeful for the upcoming year. Two hands lifted and lightly rubbed away the sleep from two glassy green eyes before the young woman turned, placed her feet on the floor, and lifted herself from her bed. It may have been a festival day but she still had to work. Hopefully they'd get some time to enjoy the stalls later in the day though. Perhaps she could convince Giaan to close a little earlier than usual. Hopefully she would, and that meant some time to do a spot of shopping.

The blonde made her way into the kitchen for a small mug of lemon tea and a couple of slices of toast. It was enough to fill her on a morning so she would avoid temptation at work, what with all of the delicious pastries and cakes which Giaan made. Between her masterpieces and the delicious food that Manuel brought out, well, it was a surprise that the woman had remained so slim during her time here. She lightly scanned the morning paper as she leaned against the counter, munching on her toast and ignoring the small crumbs that often scattered onto the pages and taking the odd sip of her tea before it got cold. Mornings were actually rather easy for Mari. The café opened at 8am and she would be there earlier as to avoid feeling flustered and unprepared. So of course that lead to her needing to be up early and thus a pattern emerged. Although, her time in the city had been made up of many early mornings in order to provide enough hours of hard work. But as you can see, they did not pay off. Her mug was soon empty and her plate bare, both of which ended up in the sink and were cleaned and dried and then placed back where they belonged. Now she just had to do the same process for herself.

She took a warm shower and then proceeded to dress for the day in her work uniform. Her make-up was simple and her hair never really needed any styling. She tugged down her waistcoat and skirt a little and waved at her reflection in the mirror. "Time for yet another day, Mari" she mumbled, reaching for her slightly heeled brogues and sliding her feet into them. Next she placed on her trench coat and fastened, and with her bag finally flung over her shoulder, she could leave. The door was locked behind her as she stepped out of her house and onto the pathway. The waitress paused to give a glance the house opposite, but noticed no signs of life. It made her smile slightly. The poor man probably had a pounding headache. Her focus returned to the road ahead as her hands slid into her pocket and she began to walk to work. It wasn't far really, just out of her residential district and a pass through Hourstone Market. It was still rather early, and barely anyone was around as she made her way into Hourstone. There were a few stalls setting up and it was far too tempting to stick around and be nosy. Then again, it would ruin any form of surprise if she saw what was on offer now. No, no, she wanted to enjoy the festival later on in the day.

Mari shivered a little due to the chill in the air and attempted to retreat further into her coat. Why did it have to be cold but sunny? It was blindingly bright but also cold enough to cause her to shiver. Things such as the weather were often pondered by Mari, and she would find herself in her own little bubble, absorbed by useless thoughts and questions. She was a dreamer for certain, but it wasn't exactly a bad thing. Sure, she could be a hazard now and then if she didn't pay attention to where she was going, but the worst she could do was just slightly bump into someone. Her thoughts drifted from the weather to the previous night. It had been rather fun spending time in the tavern, staying there celebrating until closing hours and letting Manuel walk her home. It was a pity that she hadn't had the nerve to get up and sing. It was still her secret. No one knew of her talents and she preferred to keep it that way. There was just too much to explain. She just needed to concentrate on her job and making people happy. That would be enough for her; for her friends to have a good year and find more happiness and success than she ever did.

Foxeen's Wife

Lonely Fatcat

User Image
    amien xx eroy xxcott

' ' octor ' '

xxxxxx
                                  An apple a day
                                  xxxι ωσυℓ∂'νє ѕтαує∂ υρ ωιтн уσυ αℓℓ иιgнт

Damien woke up just as the sun was starting to show itself in the early morning. The doctor believed the old quote “Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” But he didn’t care for wealth. If he was healthy he could care less about money. He liked making sure other people were healthy to and that was why he became a doctor, because he cares for people. As Damien went through his morning routine, he was excited for today. The market and festival was today and that meant he could stock up on herbs and medicines for a good and reasonable price. Last night he had spent a long time at the office counting up all his herbs and deciding what he needed more of. He also had looked through a few books to study up on herbs he didn’t have that could possibly be helpful he could buy. He had a good feeling about the day and was ready to get through it. The market always had tons of medical stalls and the items he needed were mostly cheaper at the market since he could buy it straight from an herbalist, healer, or doctor.

Damien had washed his face and put on some clothing before walking into the kitchen. Most of the food he had was fruits and veggies. He had a simple wooden bowl on the table with a few apples, oranges, and other fruits. He walked over to the bowl and grabbed an apple to eat for breakfast. The doctor then walked out of his small, simple house and closed the door behind him. He looked around and noticed the sun was halfway above the horizon. Although it was closed today, he decided to stop by the clinic. It was like his second home. He opened the white door and walked into the small building. It wasn’t as small as him home but it certainly wasn’t as big as a hospital. He grabbed a medicine bag and checked to make sure everything was intact. In one corner, Damien had all his books. The worn out covers of medical dictionaries and new covers of books he had yet to discover all had their place on his shelf. However, there was always room for more books. He had already read most of the books in the library on medical subjects, sometimes he’d go there just to read them again, yet the library’s sources weren’t as up to date as some of the books the market often had. He planned to buy a few more books while he was at the market too.

Damien left his office after making sure everything was ok. He slung the bag over his shoulder and hummed quietly to himself as he walked to the market. Down the road behind him was the Sanatorium. Hawkeye, his old patient and Nico, his caretaker, lived there. The doctor was constantly doing research to find a way to heal Hawk, but he always came up short. He really wanted to heal Hawk and seemed to constantly be trying when he wasn’t bandaging simple cuts people always came in his office. He should be happy that people only ever got cuts but it seemed like they relied on him for the simplest things. As the doctor arrived at the market, the venders were just starting to set up their stalls. He walked over to someone he recognized as a doctor and started talking to him about herbs and medicines that have recently been discovered to work well. As they chatted more and more stalls opened and Damien started to get excited.

OOC~ Crap post I know, having writer's block with Damien now though x.x

Keeps the doctor away...xxxxxx
                                        нα∂ ι киσωи нσω тσ ѕανє α ℓιfє...

мσσ∂: Excited xxx ℓσ¢αтισи: Market xxx ωιтн: A NPC doctor stand owner

Fashionable Genius

User Image

Yuuka woke up staring at the ceiling of her home. Slowly blinking a few times she turned to her side and looked at the clock next to her, it was still really early. Well early for most people. Yuu was the town's secretary, she normally had to wake up earlier than everyone else in town and get down to city hall. Though since the town had been mayorless for awhile she was happy to hear that someone had taken the job. After laying in bed idly for a few minutes the woman pushed herself up with a groan. Rubbing the back of her head she ruffled her light pink hair.

With a yawn she walked into the bathroom and brushed her teeth, once she was done she went toward her closet and quickly put on something nice to wear. Quickly leaving her home without any distractions she made her way to town so she could help with setting things up. It was New Years, another fresh start for the town. Though thinking about it made her cringe a bit, it had been another year since she ran away from home. Letting out a soft sigh she shook off the thought. Fixing her scarf she looked around the town with a smile. It was still relatively cold outside but honestly she liked it, this was her home town now. She didn't need anything else.

Looking at her watch the pink headed girl rushed to town hall to see some people setting up shop. Looking around she realized that everybody there had familiar faces. Rubbing the back of her head she wondered where the mayor could be. It was going to be his first day, since she was the secretary of course she had to know. Pressing her lips together she began looking around and gave a heart warming smile in everybody's way.

Checking up on everybody's shops and stands she had to help with setting up and keeping everything in an orderly fashion. Though she couldn't help but notice a particularly tall brown headed man. "Morning Ace, happy new year." she said to him in a chipper voice. "Surprised to see you here earlier than me." she teased with a light giggle. He was the town's police chief, they technically worked in the same place so there was no way she wouldn't recognize who he was.

He was extremely tall compared to her, she had to look up at him completely for them to make any eye contact. Being around him made her feel a bit like a child. "Have you heard any news about the new mayor? I'm sure he should be here soon, I'm a little nervous actually. I'm sure I'll be as busy as ever." she stated with wonder. Yuuka was extremely anxious to find out who the new mayor was. As long as he was kind and new what he was doing she wouldn't mind, she wouldn't know what to do if anything happened to her home town.

[ooc]outfit
                                Blah, lame first post.
                                Also if you haven't plotted with me please shoot me a PM ; u ;[/ooc]

Hilarious Autobiographer

7,250 Points
    • Informer 100
    • Brandisher 100
    • Gaian 50
    User Image

Location: town streets With: Wilhelm (Ferret) Destination: Town Hall

Theodore made his way into town, he saw carrying these bags into town would only strengthen him. Wilhelm dug into one of the bags and pulled out a bag specially made for him and pulled out a 'Weaver's got your back' button and begins to fan himself with it. The General was sort of disappointed that there wasn't even a welcome party for one of the prestigious Weaver family members. Though with the festival, that takes priority over a welcoming party.

Finally he had made it to the streets of Fontania, he let out a sigh as he looked to Wilhelm. "Wilhelm, present the navigation parchment if you would." The ferret gave a nod and dug out a piece of paper from one of the bags that had a map on it. Sadly it was a very old map of the town. He looked around and sighed a bit. "Not quite as I remember it..." He tucked the map away in his coat jacket and continued to walk further into town, making his way to the town hall. Wilhelm pulled out a small handkerchief and dabbed his head with it.

The General then began to notice people roaming about, or chit chatting and stuff. "Here we are Wilhelm, commence propaganda dispersal." The ferret gave a small nod and went around to random people with his little bag of 'Weaver's got your back' buttons and would climb up objects and leap upon people's shoulders and present a button to them, with the General's face on it, and proceed to pin it on their shirt when they calmed down. He would continue to do this with a little salute, following the General's path til they reached the steps of Town Hall.

Newbie Noob

5,100 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Peoplewatcher 100
    User Image
    State: Awake and Alert Location: Festival Grounds Company: Ace and Yuuka
    My Journal

Though it was already spring, the air still bore a stern reminder of winter's chill as wispy, white clouds pass through Luke's lips with each huff and puff. Crossing the street from her house to the Carpenter's workshop, she could already see residents walking in the opposite direction to the festive grounds in the middle of the village. It was a festival with plenty of food and stands that celebrated the new year, where all would wish and pray for a bountiful year. It was the first year that Luke was able to join the ranks of the adult vendors and sell wares at a stand in the festival, and she had worked hard the previous week to build a stand all by herself which now stands waiting at the festival grounds, as she unlocked the storage shed of the workshop, and retrieved the racks, trays and boxes of her wares. With her slender arms, she displayed the results of her efforts as a wood worker by picking up all of the crates, and planning to carry them back to the festive grounds in one trip.

Totting them back to the center of town in the opposite direction, passing her house again, the colorful decorations of the festival soon greeted her eyes, and Luke's cheeks glowed pink with excitement. Or the cold, she wasn't sure. While her cheeks were smooth and soft like most of her body, her hands were the only things that marred her femininity, bearing calluses, splinters and scratches from the rough work. A tall handsome figure was chatting with a pink haired beauty that Luke was more than familiar with as he was setting up some decorations.

"Goo-....ahem...Good morning, Chief. Good morning Yuuka, and Happy New Years." Luke corrected her tone back to a masculine octave for the first greetings of the New Year as she set down her wares on her stand just a small distance away from the pair. Unveiling her products, Luke started setting up racks and trays of wooden talismans and good luck charms that would sell well during superstitious times like the New Years. There was also a small tray of small wooden figurines and animal dolls that she crafted for the children as well, who tend to care less for prayers and talismans.

Tenka-kun's Significant Otter

Floppy Bunny

18,175 Points
    • Powerful Legion 100
    • Frozen Sleuth 100
    • Advent Attendee 50
    User Image
    𝓐𝓬𝓮 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼

- 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆-𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝑷𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆-𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒇 -
    [Journal]

"𝑵𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔. 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒄𝒖𝒕. 𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚!"

Turning around as he heard someone speak behind him, he gave Yuuka a bright smile as he saw her. That was something he really enjoyed about this town. Always a friendly and familiar face wherever you turn. And to top it off, they worked in the same place, which made them pretty good friends huh? He loved that~! Ace pretty much loved everything about this town~!

"Hey there Yuuka~! Happy new year to you too~!"

He said, sounding as chipper as ever, even if he was obviously pretty tired. Not much sleep due to it being new year, so he had a few drinks last night, and got home late and then had to get up early this morning to start with preparations. So he was beat. He couldn't wait to be done with this. So much extra work as you were pretty much filling in as a temporary mayor, no matter you liked it or not. That's one of the down sides of working at town hall. You had to fill in when an important position was open. And being the second person with most authority, a lot of the work got dumped on Ace. So if the celebration turned out a bit weird, it would be no surprise. He wasn't that good at this kind of stuff. He was a police chief, not a mayor.

"Yeah, heard about the new mayor. He's arriving soon, isn't he? Was hoping to go dump the rest of the preparation work on him and go see Hawk before going home to take a little nap before everything starts. I'm completely exhausted! If I had know that I'd have to be doing this much work, I would have become a hunter instead."

He said, giving yet another yawn.

"By the way, heard anything about what the new mayor is like? From what I heard, he's a bit odd. Will be interesting to hear in what kind of way."

He said, pretty curious, as he blinked in surprise when a ferret carrying something climbed up on him, leaving a button on his coat. What in the world?
                            Taking a look at it, he was starting to figure that maybe the mayor was just as odd as he had heard huh? The button was proof of that.

"I have a feeling our new mayor has arrived... Should we go greet him or run the other way? Haha!"

Turning his attention to Luke who came up to them, he gave the little guy a bright smile as well.

"Happy new year to you too Luke! What do you have for this years festival? Could I have a little sneak peek perhaps?"

Was always interesting to see what Luke might have done. He liked him. he was a good kid after all. Not to mention hard-working.

"... 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚. 𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕! "

User Image
    Ⓛσcαтισи Outdoors, in town, helping to set things up.
    Ⓦιтн Yuuka.
    Ⓜσσδ Chipper but sleepy.
    Ⓣнσυɢнтs Yuuka is as cute as always~!

OOC

Foxeen's Wife

Lonely Fatcat

User Image

' ' We don't even have to try It's always a good time ' '

Mia woke up kind of late for some people. The sun was already up in the sky. She sighed and stood up. Today she was going to have to work. It wasn’t fair, no one else in town had to work today since it was a festival day but she did because she had to sell some of her paintings. She still had her parent’s money she had stolen so long ago but she knew she couldn’t live off that forever and she needed to start saving her own money. And she would only start making her own money if her paintings sold. Ever since she started living here she hardly sold anything. She sold a few paintings to the people outside of town and she had painted so many paintings she hadn’t sold. Mia was thinking of moving somewhere she could sell more paintings but she couldn’t find it in herself to leave Fontania. All the animals were so beautiful. All the sunsets were so beautiful. All the plants were so beautiful. There was so much beauty in the town she had yet to paint so she couldn’t find it in herself to leave just yet. Plus, she still had some money.

The green haired girl went through her morning routine quickly and then looked in the mirror in her studio. Behind her she saw her easel and a big window. Surrounding the easel were so many paints of such various colors. On her wall she hung a painting she did of the flowers blooming last spring. By the front door she had left a few paintings she was planning on selling at the market. There was one of the horses grazing in the pasture with the fall trees behind them, one of the snow covering a few of the trees, one of the sunset, and then there were a few other of nature and a few abstract ones. Mia like doing abstract art because she didn’t have to focus. Most of her art started out as being a certain thing but once she got distracted they became something entirely different until they were abstract mash of colors and patterns. She liked how they turned out, they always looked nice. However, the artist was becoming interested in painting people. They were so interesting and lately she’d really wanted to paint on of the children but didn’t really know if was appropriate.

After being lost in her thoughts for a few moments, the artist picked up her paintings and headed out of her house. She could get breakfast at the café, maybe have Giaan make her something. The girl lived right by the park. She liked her house since the park was so full of nature and beauty to paint and she had a window that let her see right from her studio to the beautiful park. Plus Mia was close to the café where her friend worked. However she was rather far away from the mansion where her best guy friend, Bowen, lived. Not that she minded a long walk, she didn’t have much to do normally anyway. The girl walked to the market and smiled, she had a feeling this year was going to be a good one. The weather was nice and she was refreshed from her long night sleep. As Mia walked into the market, she thought maybe she could get someone else to sell her paintings for her so she could go hang out with a friend, since none of them would be working, except maybe Giaan. The market seemed busy yet she didn’t care, she walked around carrying her paintings debating whether or not to set up her own stand.

Not long after she arrived did she find a fellow artist at a stand. She smiled at him and started to talk to him. She asked if he would try to sell her paintings if she gave him a small fraction of what they paid. The man considered and eventually agreed. Mia smiled and left her paintings with the man. She wandered through the market for a few more minutes, buying a few pastel paints that were rare until she finally decided she spent enough money. She carried her paints back to her house, thinking of who she could go bug. She could go see Bowen, but she really didn’t feel like walking that far and he might go to the market later and she might see him there. She thought about Yuuka, who she really wanted to go hang out with, but she was busy with the new Mayor coming in today. As she neared her house she saw the café down the road and decided to go there and maybe talk Giaan out of work. The green haired girl dropped her paints off at her house and skipped over to the café. She walked right in and looked around. “Giaan, you here?” Mia called out into the café.

OOC~
                  Simple layout, got kinda lazy/didn't know what to add.

мσσ∂: Happy xxx ℓσ¢αтισи: Cafe xxx ωιтн: No one, looking for Giaan.

Fashionable Genius

User Image

Seeing Ace's bright face and hearing his happy tone of voice always made Yuuka's day no matter how tired she was. They were technically always together because of work, and since they didn't have a mayor he pretty much stepped in as a temporary. All of the work was dumped on him and she had to keep everything up and running. It definitely wasn't easy but since someone new was coming in maybe they could catch a break. Listening the him speak the girl couldn't help but let out a laugh. "I know, I've been buried in paperwork. Oh quit complaining Ace, being your secretary isn't that easy either you know~" she said with a smile.

"No I haven't heard anything about him really. Some things about him being a little strange, but nothing too bad." she stated looking up at the man. It seemed they were both pretty curious about who this new person would be. Yuuka and Ace were the ones that always had to take the heat of the mayor got into any trouble, so if the new mayor didn't do his job they were in for a world of trouble.

Suddenly noticing something furry crawl up her friends shoulder she noticed it left a button on her coat before it moved on to her. Repeating the process but onto her scarf. "Kyaa~ how cute!" she said lightly petting it before it made it's way to another person. Taking a quick look at the button she became a bit confused. Laughing at Ace's remark she replied. "I guess we should go see him, since we're practically his caretakers." she said jokingly with a chuckle.

Within a few seconds a small orange headed boy came up to them with a New Years greeting. Yuu couldn't help but smile, he was so cute she just had to give him a hug. Wrapping her arms around the boy she spun him in a circle before releasing him. "Happy new year Luke! I'm curious what you have for us this year too, just be careful alright?" she reassured him. Even though she knew Luke hated it when she nagged him she just had to. He always seemed annoyed by it but as long as he took the advice she was okay with it.

[ooc] outfit [/ooc]

Newbie Noob

5,100 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Peoplewatcher 100
    User Image
    State: Awake and Alert Location: Festival Grounds Company: Ace and Yuuka
    My Journal

The odd critter smartly clambered up into Luke's tunic and pinned a badge on her too, and she had to fight every urge to squeal at the little darling like Yuuka had, but then that would be very unmanly of her....him. These feelings quickly dissipated however, as her train of thought and her face were both crushed into Yuuka's bosom, in a dizzying whirl of a hug. The pink in Luke's cheeks grew a shade brighter, as a complex mix of emotions swirled within her. A part of her was secretly very happy that she had found an older sister figure in this town who would care for her well being, the sort of attention that every girl needs. But Yuuka's well endowed womanly charms pressing against her brought a tiny, defeated tear to her eye, as Luke believed the Gods to be unfair. Her own assets were so small and near non-existent, that she might as well have been a real boy. No doubt the village boys would rather ogle at the pretty secretary than look at a "wooden plank" Pushing both emotions aside however, Luke opted for the response that was more suited to come from a teenage "boy"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes dramatically and responded with a bored tone, though it was really just an act. "You don't always have to worry about me, ya know?" Luke satisfied her feminine side by allowing herself to enjoy the embrace a second longer, before breaking contact with Yuuka and turning back to Ace and her stand. "These are just talismans and good luck charms to wish people a happy new year." She said, picking up a charm and placing it into Ace's hand for his inspection. They were just small wooden tablets with a word, a phrase or a prayer carved in with some decorative border work, but she arranged them neatly in a row, behind a line of small, handcrafted farm animal figurines. If she remembered right, the village boy Henri would probably appreciated the figures, and perhaps some girls who like cute animals.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff