Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image

User Image
he story thus far:

With the destruction of Hellmaster Phibrizzo at the hands of Lina Inverse, the Monster Barrier, a magical barrier separating the Northern Continent from the rest of the world, has fallen, and almost everyone is rejoicing in the massive cultural exchange initiated by the Saillune royal family.

Almost everyone.

Danger never truly goes away and trouble is brewing on the Northern Continent. Five pieces of Dark Lord Shabranigdo's soul remain undefeated, and the other three of his subordinates live, free from their duties of holding down the seals of the Monster Barrier. The goal of the Monster race has no changed; they still desire to destroy the world and return it to its original state - the Sea of Chaos - and they will do whatever they must to make it happen. Mercenaries, nobles, travelers, farmers… everyone is involved whether they know it or not. The only question is:

What part will you play?

The Slayers-verse is a semi-literate role-play set in the universe of The Slayers. Here, you can make your own original characters to participate in the main conflict or just interact with the other characters. No knowledge of the setting is required, although it is helpful. Also, spoilers for the first three seasons of The Slayers anime will be present, but we will try to keep those to a minimum.

Creator (of the RP, not the anime): Grimalkenkid
        Genre: fantasy, adventure, comedy, drama
        Level: semi-lit (correct grammar but minimum one paragraph)

OOC Chat
        Profile Thread

Welcome to the Slayers-verse!

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image
ules of the oleplay:

❶ Follow all Gaia ToS rules.
                      Kind of goes without saying, but it doesn't hurt to mention it.

❷ No God-modding.
                      This can mean several things, so I’ll lay some ground rules. No Power Playing This means that you can’t control other characters’ actions. Your character can try to do something, but the reactions belong to the character’s player only. No Miss Cleo Basically, anything said in the OOC chat or another kind of OOC chatter cannot be used against your character in the RP proper unless that information has been revealed IC. No God-Modding Which really comes down to how powerful/skillful/awesome your character is. The rule of thumb here is: if Lina Inverse couldn’t do it, you really can’t do it.

❸ Keep things PG-13.
                      Romance and violence are allowed (encouraged even), but don’t put anything up here that you wouldn’t want your parents to see.

❹ Stay in character.
                      If you make a loner character, they can’t instantly become best buddies with a big group of adventurers. Not without some good, IC reasoning. Characters can change during an RP – this is even encouraged – but change is gradual. Please keep this in mind as unjustified changes will be addressed.

❺ Be semi-literate and semi-active.
                      You don’t have to have perfect grammar or spelling, but please keep mistakes to a minimum. It’s hard to reply to a post if we have no idea what you just said. Posts should be 1-2 paragraphs minimum. Also, please post at least once a week. If you're going to be gone for a long length of time, let us know in the OOC.

❻ Be civil.
                      Your character can be a jerk, but you can’t. No bullying or harassing other people. That’s final.

❼ Miscellaneous Rules.
                      1 – Keep all your characters original.
                      2 – Include your character's picture, name, current location, and in-character date in your post.
                      3 – Don’t kill someone else’s character without their permission.
                      4 – Write OOC posts in the OOC chat.
                      5 – If you don’t know if something is okay, ask either me (Grimalkenkid) or Inu of Everlasting Dawn. We don’t bite.
                      6 – PM all character profiles to Grimalkenkid. Do not post until we approve your character.

Please fill out the following profile and PM it to me. We will respond as soon as possible, and if we don't approve your character, we'll let you know why so you can make adjustments. Link to a thread with a list of colors you can use.
                    [color=postingcolor1][size=24][u] FULL NAME [/u][/size][/color][imgright] (url of reference picture)[/imgright]

[color=postingcolor2]Hello, my name is [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](Insert name here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] but I like it when people call me [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert nickname here).[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]If you couldn't tell, I am a [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](Insert gender here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] and happy to be one![/color]

[color=postingcolor2]I am also a [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert species here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] and again, happy to be one![/color]

[color=postingcolor2]When it comes to my love life, I prefer [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](men,women,both).[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]I am [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert weight here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] and [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert height here).[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] I know I'm perfect.[/color]

[color=postingcolor2]I may not look it, but I'm [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14] (age in years).[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]On a normal day, I like to wear [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](describe everyday outfit here).[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] And I can't leave home without my [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert weapons here,limited to two).[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]You could say that I'm special because I can [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert abilities here,limit to three).[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]{This section only applies to those with magic listed in their ablities list. Delete if this doesn't apply to the character.} Since I practice magic, I'm able to use [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert spells here,limit to three, no more than one really powerful spell)[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]Most people could describe me as [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](describe personality here,minimum two sentences.)[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]These are some of the things that I love and can not live without - [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert likes here,no limits).[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] But then again, there are the things I can live without - [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert dislikes here,no limits).[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]This is the story of my life. [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert history and life story here,minimum two paragraphs)[/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]My puppet master is[/color] [strike][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert username here)[/size][/color][/strike]

If you need a temporary character, side-character, or character for one particular plot, then please fill out the following profile and send it to me for review.
                    [imgleft] (url of reference picture) [/imgleft][color=postingcolor1][size=24][u] FULL NAME [/u][/size][/color]

[color=postingcolor2]Hello, I am [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert name here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2], also known as [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert nicknames here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2]. I am a [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert gender and species here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2] who has come here to [/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert goals/reason for being here)[/size][/color][color=postingcolor2].

You should know:[/color][color=postingcolor1][size=14]
                    • (list three things about your character)

[/size][/color]
                    [color=postingcolor2]My puppet master is[/color] [strike][color=postingcolor1][size=14](insert username here)[/size][/color][/strike]

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image
he etting and mportant nformation:

User ImageWelcome to the Northern Continent!
                      To many of you, this is already home. While not always peaceful, the numerous countries strive for peace above all else. Magic is as common as swordplay here, and most people don't bat an eyelash at the sight of a fireball. (Although they might be annoyed if that fireball is aimed at them.) Ever since the Monster Barrier fell, the royal family of Saillune began a cultural exchange program with the rest of the world. It has only been mildly successful, though, as differences in power make it hard to trust.

Others, however, come from outside, from lands south of the Northern Continent. In their homelands, magic is a rare gift. Those who have the talent are considered holy or demonic, especially if they master more than one spell. Monstrous races are far more abundant than on the Northern Continent, and fear has pushed more than a few human settlements to obliterate entire tribes of non-humans. Of course, the opposite is also true.

To some, though, the Northern Continent is a place only talked about in legend. Through old trade routes, people hear of a land sealed by the dark lord's minions, where magic flourishes like wheat in a field. Those who are brave enough set out to find this mystic land that lies over the ocean or on the other side of the world.
                      (Complete map of the world.)

Magic and Spells
                      Magic falls into one of three categories: White Magic, Black Magic, and Shamanism. Every spell-caster specializes in only one, but they can use any spell they can learn, no matter what category it falls under. Here is a quick run-down (and some useful links) to understanding the Slayers-verse magic.

White Magic: Healing, protection, and exorcism, this category has no true attack spells.
                        Black Magic: Destruction, curses, and summonings, this category has mainly harmful spells and draws its power from the Monster Lords. The only type of magic used by Monsters and cannot hurt them.
                        Shamanism: Any spell that draws upon the basic elements of the world (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Astral).

Note: Each character can start out knowing one really powerful spell, at most. Also, the three spells you list in the profile aren't all they know (unless you think they'd only know that much). Those are only the spells that they definitely know; if you want your character to use a spell that's not listed, then ask in the OOC and we'll decide if he or she would know that spell.

The Common Races
                      While there is no restriction on what race a character can be, these are the most common ones. Other races will be rare or secluded, so please keep this in mind while making a character of a race not listed here. Some races may just be a sub-species of an already listed race. If we get too many "rare" races, I'll have to put a cap on the unlisted races. Also, the Monster race has a long and complicated mythos in the Slayers, so don't ask to play one unless you're sure you understand them.

Unlisted Races: 1/5 slotsXXXXXDragons: 1/2 slotsXXXXXMonsters: 1/2 slotsXXXXXCommon Races: unlimited slots

Human (canon examples: Lina Inverse, Gourry Gabriev)
                        The most numerous race on the Northern Continent, humans come in all varieties, ranging from ordinary farmers to renowned heroes.

Anthro (canon examples: Noonsa, Jillas)
                        Usually considered “lesser races” by humans, anthros cover all the races that are humanoid (mostly) animals. They have the same personality range of humans.

Goblin (canon examples: Gravos Maunttop, trolls)
                        While they are known by several names including ogre, imp, or even monster (which is technically incorrect), goblins include the odd humanoid creatures that are obviously not human but don't seem to reflect any particular animal. Anything that doesn't directly fall under human or anthro is probably a sub-species of goblin. Most goblins are simple-minded, with unrefined cultures and mannerisms. The worst goblins - and unfortunately the most commonly seen - are brutal and savage. Some much rarer ones have complex civilizations, although these are rarely seen.

The next two options aren't their own race, but they have canon examples, so these types of characters can be used. Please note that they are rare for their own reasons.

Chimera (canon example: Zelgadis Grayswords)
                        Fusions of multiple creatures, chimeras are the result of magical experimentation. They are usually mistaken for anthros, goblins, or monsters.
                        As experimentation on humans is looked down upon, chimeras are rare.
                        Note: Characters may only be fusions of two creatures, one of which must be human.

Hybrid (canon example: Delgir)
                        The natural offspring of two different races, they often look and act more like their mother’s race.
                        As interspecies relationships are frowned upon, hybrids are rare.
                        Note: Hybrids may be any combination of human/anthro, human/goblin, anthro/goblin, or two different anthros. Only 2-species hybrids are allowed.

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image
he ast of haracters:

he ood:

User Image000Kela McDermitt000
                    000Foxy Thief000

User Image000Conan Malcolm Swiftly000
                    000Knight In-Training000

User Image000Hyrum Rigby Knoxling000
                    000Boxing Chimera000

User Image000Bastion Hunt000
                    000Amorous Mercenary000

User Image000Irene Lynn Herthenflow000
                    000Runaway Noble000

User Image000Teosinthe Levin000
                    000Lone Merchant000

User Image000Ketos Valatores000
                    000Best Big Brother000

User Image000Artelind Valatores000
                    000Optimistic Homunculus000

he ad:

User Image000Saul Yi000
                    000Power-Hungry Sorceress000

User Image000Nadia Asilah Pastor000
                    000Bandit Queen000

User Image000Jack Bors Mulligan000
                    000Spineless Bandit000

User Image000Aion la'Albion D'ia Fannel000
                    000Vengeful Prince000

User Image000Lorelei Dawn000
                    000Monster-in-training000

he affling:

User Image000Rinada000
                    000Draconic Prankster000

User Image000Beldak "Rain" Carter000
                    000Confident Assassin000

he inor:

User Image000Bo000
                    000The Pig000

User Image000Firrazede000
                    000The False Dragon000

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image
ny uestions?

Can I play a canon Slayers character?
                    No. Your character also can't be related to or personally know a canon character.

What if my character lived in Sairaag or Saillune? Wouldn't they have been affected by the canon events that happened there?
                    Any character may have been affected by or know about events that happened in The Slayers. They just can't know specific details that only canon characters would know.

Can my character be a bad guy?
                    Absolutely. We love conflict in this roleplay.

Can I have more than one character?
                    Yes. Just make sure you can keep track of them all, and don't just RP with yourself.
                    Also, you are limited to only 2 of the limited species slots, and they cannot be in the same category. For example, you can play a Monster and an unlisted race but cannot play a Dragon too.

How do I know when there's a new post?
                    Click the subscribe button, and Gaia will tell you when there's a new post.

I forgot where my character is and what they're doing. Can you refresh my memory?
                    I will try to keep track of what's going on in the RP. That being said, I'm not perfect and will most likely not be able to remember every single detail. It would be best if you could keep track of your own characters, but we will help if you really need it.

(I will add questions as I remember them or if people ask them. New questions will be added in red.)

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image
mportant vents to now:

(will update as things happen)

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image
                    urrent ate:

Spring 3, 1014 AK (After Koma War, commonly known as War of the Monsters Fall)

ime:

Morning ||| Afternoon ||| Night

emperature:

Cold ||| Cool ||| Mild ||| Warm ||| Hot

eather:

Clear (Sunny) ||| Windy ||| Rain ||| Snow ||| Cloudy ||| Thunder

(Current weather conditions are underlined.)
                    (Time changes will occur when necessary for the plot.)

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
User Image
ocations:

Atlas City:
                      If any place epitomizes the typical, Northern Continent city, this is it. The main draw of Atlas City was its branch of the Sorcerer’s Guild, which is currently without a proper Guildmaster. Sorcerers still flock to the city, though, since many of the Guild’s teachers still live there.

Saillune:
                      This magnificent city is a major trading hub for the Northern Continent as well as the home of the Saillune royal family. The entire city is built so that White Magic is amplified and Black Magic is dampened. Violence is highly discouraged within city limits.

Sairaag:
                      Not too long ago, Sairaag was a great city, watched over by the holy tree Flagoon. Now, Flagoon is gone and only ruins remain. The survivors have managed to rebuild a small portion of the city, enough to live there, but much work is needed to return Sairaag to its former glory.

Zepheel:
                      The capital city of Zephilia, this castle town is surrounded by farmland and ruled by a just queen. Some travelers say that it’s too perfect, but no one has yet to find any proof of these dark rumors.

"On the Road":
                      Where there aren’t cities, there’s wilderness. All environments exist out here, although most of it is forest and plains.
                      While you may run into bandits or evil creatures here, this is also where you’ll find farms, tiny villages, and maybe even ancient ruins.

(This list is not comprehensive, but these are the major locations I think events will take place in. If you want to add another city or significant location, please contact me or discuss it in the OOC Chat.)

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points