Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Greetings recruit. Welcome to the UNSC Night of Solace. If you are seeing this, you have been accepted into the new ONI Spartan-III Special Operations program. I am Syn, an Artificial Intelligence, designed to take you through the initial briefing and logistics of your operations and missions.

You are now a part of the United Nations Space Command. You are now one of the elite fighters. You are the knife in the darkness, the first line of defense. You work behind the enemy lines, you work in the shadows to further the light.

I do look forward to working alongside you in the future.

I am Captain Allen Swafford, your new Commanding Officer. You will report to me and me only. Here is the briefing:

You are now a part of Operation: Hammer Drop. You are our sword and our shield. You are the best Spartan-III's the UNSC has produced and are known as Echo Squad. You will be dropped behind enemy lines. The Covenant has not fully been defeated. Their order still has stragglers.
We aren't sure why but there is a heavy Covenant presence here. Reports say that they are looking for Forerunner technology. As of now, we can not say for sure what this technology is. We need it found and destroyed if it poses a threat. At the very least, get some information on it. Get in there. Do your job. Do it well.

You are dismissed!

Concept and Ideas Courtesy of xxNoRestForTheWickedxx
RULES

|✖| I am the moderator. All final decisions are made by xxNoRestForTheWickedxx.
|✖|You may not use any of the characters from the games or books. Be original. This has nothing to do with any of the games or books. This is non-canon. There may be mentions of people.
|✖|All the cursing, violence, blood, gore, is welcome. Please keep the cursing and sexual instances to a PG-17 level. We don’t need people getting banned for simple avoidable situations.
|✖|Send all profiles to Akane Momochi. Label them saying We are Spartans for Spartan profiles and Oorah, we are UNSC Marines! for any other UNSC Personnel.
______¤ All profiles will be reviewed by xxNoRestForTheWickedxx.
______¤ Do not post until your profile has been accepted and posted on the Profiles thread.
______¤ You may make reserves as our Spartans are on a "First Come, First Serve" basis. The spots you see under "Echo Squad Roles" are the only ones available.
|✖|No Godmoding.
|✖|Be realistic when your character is in combat. A Spartan can take a lot of damage but their shields are weaker and they can’t flip tanks and such.
______¤ If you are a regular human, you have many more limitations.
|✖|Be semi-literate to literate. No “txt tlkin” and no one sentence posts. No one has writer’s block all the time.
|✖|This is war. Use correct terminology please.
|✖|Please include all roleplayers in the story. No one likes to be left out. Work together. No SINGLE character is the main character. We're in this together!
|✖|I reserve the right to add more rules as I see fit.
|✖|If you need to check anything about the Halo Universe go here: Halo Wikipedia
ECHO SQUAD ROLES

Echo Squad is split into two teams. Echo-1 is a forward reconnaissance squad. They use light equipment and move silently. Echo-1 has been praised more than once for being able to sneak in and crush entire armies without firing a shot.

Echo-2 is the backup/heavy weapons squad. They are the immediate reinforcements for Echo-1. Their main weapons include assault rifles, snipers, and other heavier weapons. Their assignments include demolitions, frontal assault, etc.

Echo-1

Echo-1-1: Isaac-021 - Squad Leader
Echo-1-2: William-344 - Breecher
Echo-1-3:

Echo-2

Echo-2-1: Eve-326 - Sniper
Echo-2-2: Res-218 - Engineer
Echo-2-3:

LIMITATIONS

Armor abilities are not the same as in game.

Armor Lock's maximum use time is five seconds. It does not release an EMP after said time use. It does not withstand rockets, full contact explosions, and vehicle collisions.

Active Camouflage is rather mediocre. Blending the light to make the user virtually unnoticeable, this armor ability still does its job. The downsides include that it lasts only ten seconds and the user can not move. Moving while this ability is active will make the user noticeable.

Thrusterpacks do just as they do in Halo 4. They merely boosts the user to access higher ledges, jump longer distances, or dodge quicker. It is a single use and has a recharge time of thirty seconds.

Hardlight shields are also mediocre. The ability generates a shield that can deflect small arms fire and grenades. It lasts a mere five seconds as it is still prototype technology. It does not deflect rockets and large explosions. It is best used against falling debris or wreckage.

PROFILE SKELETON

WARNING! If you are making a UNSC personnel character, you will not be introduced until later. It is best to make a Spartan and then a human later on.

Spartan-III Skeleton

[size=12][b]Gaian Name//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Username)[/size]
[size=12][b]Character’s Full Name//[/b][/size]
[size=11](First, Middle, Last Name)[/size]
[size=12][b]Spartan Name//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Ex, Thom - 103)[/size]
[size=12][b]Code Name or Alias//[/b][/size]
[size=11](What do your team mates call you)[/size]
[size=12][b]Date of Birth//[/b][/size]
[size=11](When was your character born?)[/size]
[size=12][b]Place of Birth//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Where was your character born?[/size]
[size=12][b]Age//[/b][/size]
[size=11](How old is your character?)[/size]
[size=12][b]Personality//[/b][/size]
[size=11](What are you like?)[/size]
[size=12][b]Notable Scars or Markings//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Spartans do not have tattoos)[/size]
[size=12][b]Natural Ability//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Every Spartan-II had a natural ability. John-117 had "luck". Kurt had a heightened "gut feeling". Kelly was the fastest.)[/size]
[size=12][b]Role//[/b] [/size]
[size=11](Squad leader, rifleman, grenadier, sniper, ect.)[/size]
[size=12][b]Equipment//[/b][/size]
[size=11](You may have TWO main weapons, ONE sidearm, and ONE grenade type. We do not use heavy weapons like turrets or rocket launchers unless you are in Echo-2, the support group.)[/size]
[size=12][b]Armor Ability//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Remember that there are only a couple of abilities)[/size]
[size=12][b]Biography//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Lifestory time)[/size]
[size=12][b]Appearance//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Picture links please. I'll link it for you if you want.)[/size]
[size=12][b]In Armor//[/b][/size]
[size=11](I understand it's hard to find armor so I'll be lenient with it)[/size]

UNSC Personnel

[size=12][b]Gaian Name//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Username)[/size]
[size=12][b]Character’s Full Name//[/b][/size]
[size=11](First, Middle, Last Name)[/size]
[size=12][b]Date of Birth//[/b][/size]
[size=11](When was your character born?)[/size]
[size=12][b]Place of Birth//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Where was your character born?[/size]
[size=12][b]Age//[/b][/size]
[size=11](How old is your character?)[/size]
[size=12][b]Personality//[/b][/size]
[size=11](What are you like?)[/size]
[size=12][b]Notable Scars or Markings//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Got any tattoos?)[/size]
[size=12][b]Role//[/b] [/size]
[size=11](Pilot, Marine, ODST, ect.)[/size]
[size=12][b]Equipment//[/b][/size]
[size=11](You may have TWO main weapons, ONE sidearm, and ONE grenade type. We do not use heavy weapons like turrets or rocket launchers unless you are in Echo-2, the support group.)[/size]
[size=12][b]Biography//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Lifestory time)[/size]
[size=12][b]Appearance//[/b][/size]
[size=11](Picture links please. I'll link it for you if you want.)[/size]
[size=12][b]In Armor//[/b][/size]
[size=11](I understand it's hard to find armor so I'll be lenient with it)[/size]
ANNOUNCEMENTS

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I will put up rule changes, updates, and other things here.

ⅰ. The roleplay is almost open. I am making last minute changes and a couple of minor fine details. The roleplay should be open soon! 2/03/2013

ii. Oh my gosh, so sorry for the delay. I'm fine tuning those last details now! 2/06/2013

iii. This role play is officially OPEN!
OTHER LINKS

Profiles______________________________________OOC Forum
STORY SO FAR

The year is 2555. It's been two years since the official ending of the Human-Covenant War. Though the war is over, the Sangheili Civil War in 2553 has given a new platform for many former Covenant to band together. This group is under the umbrella term of The Covenant Remnant. Echo Squad will have to face this threat.

On board the UNSC Night of Solace, Echo Squad has been briefed on their next mission. While waiting for transport and their next orders, they prep for the upcoming battle. Every Spartan must be prepared and each one preps differently.

The story begins here...

This is a non-canon story. Some key details do not truly exist in the Halo universe. It is simply for story telling purposes.
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

【Location: Barracks|Company: Syn|Mood: Lost|Out of Calibrations: It's a short post. Obviously. I hate fillers.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

“Checkmate.” Eve pushed the checkered board an arm’s length across the table.

“That’s hardly fair. It’s only my second turn.” The deck hand protested with a balled hand. He grumbled as he glared at his plainly uninterested opponent.

The nameless deck hand was Eve’s seventeenth opponent since the day started. Each one, she gave a chance. Each time, they lost. It grew boring going with the motions. This man would not waste her time further. “You knew you were going to lose to begin with.” The Spartan excused herself from the table to return to her quarters.

Eve’s mind was on the coming battle. Her boots thudded softly down the corridor as she entered a slight tunnel vision. Focusing on nothing in particular, Eve continued walking. The silence allowed her to recall each step to taking down an Elite by hand. Her lips moved slightly as she recited it.

“Spartan? Spartan?” The scant Australian twang in her voice drew Eve from the droning sensation. “Eve? Are you alright?”

Eve hated on peered over to the nearest terminal. The translucent white hologram of woman stood there, arms behind her back with a welcoming smile. “Sorry, I’m just heading to my room, Syn.” The Spartan pressed her back against the nearest wall and sighed. “I have a lot on my mind with the mission.”

Syn placed a hand under her chin and swayed side to side. “Are you having any reservations?”

The Spartan shook her head. “No ma’am.” Eve was at a loss. When she was not training or in battle, she did not understand how to orient herself among the normalcies. Many times she preferred to remain alone even when she trained or ate. Friendly banter was also a difficult task when she would attempt to mingle with other UNSC personnel.

“Might I help you with anything else, Eve?” Syn lowered into a sitting position as she held her legs close to her chest. “Some of your team mates could be in the gym or in the mess hall. Would you like to converse with them?”

Eve crossed her arms and motioned to her room with the lean of her head. “I have other things in mind.” She started off towards her room once more. “Do you like chess, Syn?”

It was favorable to interact with Syn that it was with others. Team mates or not. Others felt oddly different though their situations were nearly the same. After the match with Syn, Evelyn felt it would be best to find the others. They could discuss the mission at the very least. Even that interaction seemed difficult.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff