Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
User Image

A new world, with new gems... and new dangers.

Inspiration: The Steven Universe TV series.
Author/owner: Kiri sai

OOC thread Profile thread

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
What just happened? (The Story)

So the Crystal Gems, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl have made themselves the protectors of Earth and continue to protect it from the Homeworld gems. However, this is not where our story begins. The gems have clearly spread across the galaxy, and the Crystal gems aren't the only ones to break away from the home world. We begin on another gem-occupied world, one that the home world has lost its connection with, much like Earth, but not for the same reasons.

The Gems referred to it as sector 3158, not even bothering to give the planet a proper name. When the time came to actually land on the planet and see if it was worthwhile, a gem on the landing party noticed the world was rather... overflowing with plant life and named the planet 'Vitaria'. The planet showed signs of sentient life, but the gems found none to speak of. Cities scattered among the forest planet lay empty, yet showed signs of a very advanced society.

With the overall lack of presence of sentient life, the gems had time to establish a temple and warp pads around the planet, much like they did on earth. It wasn't until they tried to start up a kindergarten that things went badly. The gems in charge of it were stopped by one of the others, Kunzite, who knew what it would do to the planet. Kunzite had felt a strong connection to the plant life as soon as they landed and couldn't let the other gems destroy that. Other gems agreed with Kunzite and broke away from the others as well.

Those that still wanted to use the planet left Kunzite and the others to the temple and attempted to leave through the home world warp. However, the warp failed to activate and a close examination revealed the plants had broken the warp and prevented it from working. The home world gems have since vanished into the forests of the planet, plotting to get home and possibly take down Kunzite and the others in the process. It has been a long time since that day and it's unclear what will happen next.

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
This place looks cool! (The setting)

Planet Vitaria is a planet overflowing with its own plant life. There doesn't seem to be any sentient life other than the gems, though a few abandoned cities are scattered across it, implying the creators of the cities have gone off world or something more sinister happened to them. What wild life there is seems to made of mostly predatory creatures, with a few herbivores to keep the plant life from choking the planet. There are bodies of water scattered about, but the most notable is a rather sizable river near the Temple, actually coming down off a waterfall to spill over one of the temple's 'hands'. The planet does have a few barren areas, but no true desert, and there are caves and scattered mountains as well.

The Temple itself bears a more organic look than the one on earth, but has a similar design, minus the little house outside its entrance. The Temple is located in a safe, and obvious clearing, making it easy to see above the tree canopy. The gems have made various structures scattered about the planet as well, though most have fallen into ruins rather quickly due to the aggressive plant life. The warp pads for navigating from the temple and other warps, save for the home world warp, have remained remarkably untouched by the plants.

The home world gems do have a base established within one of the abandoned cities, finding the technology acceptable for use. The Temple gems have not found them, nor have they made any attempt to.

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
The Rules

1. Follow Gaia TOS, kinda goes without saying, but feel like it should be here anyway.
2. We are going to avoid canon gems as much as possible, though talking about the Home world and such is fine. I want this to be an original story from the existing one.
3. Timeline of the story is technically in line with everything going on in the main show, meaning our events are occurring around the same time as the show itself.
4. Gems will need to use actual gemstone or mineral names, but to avoid canon issues the gems Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Rose Quartz, Lapis Lazuli, Peridot, Jasper, and Yellow Diamond are off-limits as names and gem-types. This also includes the fusion names.
5. Send profiles to me titled 'Shining in the dark' for good gems, those that want to protect the planet and 'It's just a chunk of vines' for bad gems or those from home world.
6. Depending on the number of profiles, I may limit how many I accept to keep from saturating the planet with gems. That said, I won't accept home world gems that are from off-planet until the story has reached a certain point where their appearance would make sense.
7. This is going to be a PG-16 RP, meaning violence and potential romance is completely on the table, though both have different meanings for gems. Additionally, I will be allowing male-identified gems into the RP. This is to just to... even out the playing field, so to speak. As for violence, do make effort and be descriptive, but don't overdo it, especially since gems don't bleed. In romance, if gems start... removing clothes, if it can even work that way, time-skip. Don't take it to PMs, don't take it somewhere else, just move on and keep the story going. As for cursing, as long as it's not excessive it is acceptable.
8. No godmodding/autohitting. No gem is perfect, no battle is perfect, things can go wrong. If I see this happening you will get two warnings. If it persists you will be removed from the RP and your gem will be corrupted into the next monster.
9. This is my RP and my word is law, but I do try to be a nice person. If you have a problem or even a suggestion on what to do next, do PM me or bring it up in the OOC thread.
10. Character images are to be anime/drawn only. If you have actual art of your own crystal gem OC, that would be really cool, but it is not necessary.
11. This is a Semi-lit RP, meaning post length needs to be a minimum of one paragraph/four sentences. I also expect good grammar and spelling and encourage everyone to always double-check their post before sending it. Also write in third-person and do not use text speak unless it makes sense in a particular context. I would also like for you to add your character image and name in your posts at the very least.
12. I reserve the right to add rules as I see fit.

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
So that's your name? Cool! (profile layout)

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Gem name[/b]: (could be their gem name and/or any nicknames they might go by.)
[b]Gem type[/b]: (some gems and minerals have different variations, if your gem is a particular variation, specify here. If not leave this blank.)
[b]Gender identity[/b]: Male or female
[b]Sexuality[/b]: (straight, bi, pan, etc...)
[b]Personality[/b]: (please be descriptive and unique. I'd prefer you avoid making comparisons to other gems if you can, seeing someone write 'she acts a lot like Garnet' is just boring and I will ask you to strongly rethink what you write here.)
[b]Gem weapon[/b]: (Every gem has a unique weapon, and they are often designed around the Gem's personality and the location of their gem. In the event that someone else has already designed a weapon similar to the one you want, ask me about it and I'll see if I can help.)
[b]Gem location[/b]: (In case it's not overly clear as to where your character's gem is located, do specify here. Although If I start seeing a trend of 'both hands, chest, forehead' locations I will ask you to rethink this.)
[b]Appearance[/b]: (character image please, I really dislike descriptions as I tend to forget them, so please have an image ready for this.)
[b]History[/b]: (Does your Gem have any noteworthy events in their past, any connections to other gems? If you make a link back to the canon story I suggest you don't make it too strong or I may ask you to tone it down.)
[b]Other info[/b]: (Any special belongings or traits about your gem? Does your gem make a lot of use of the shapeshifting ability or do they prefer their standard form?)
[b]Theme song[/b]: (not required, but I would like to hear what song you think fits your gem. If I get enough songs, I may set them up as a playlist on the main page.)

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
So, the gang's all here (Current list of gems)

Temple gems:
Kunzite (Kiri sai)
Diamond (Awain)
Obsidian (dogcat101)
Pyrope (Inferno183)

Home world gems:
Red Fury (Chromatic Hue)
Hawk (Chromatic Hue)
Tourmaline (Aliceesam0397)

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
White list/Moderators

Blacklist

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
heart Open heart

Friendly Regular

8,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
P y r o p e
T h e R a g e i n g I n f e r n oxx

▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀

User Image

Fire is Life and Destruction,Neither can be Divided by Anger or Hate,Nor by Greed or Power,But only by Righteousness

♨ ☢ ☠ ♨ ☢ ☠ ♨ ☢ ☠ ♨ ☢ ☠ ♨

Pyrope sat on top on one for the machines as he looked over the Kindergarden. He looked at the several Gem-shaped crevices inside the rocks. He despised the Kindergarden, it was a disgrace to Gems. Yet, he never knew what to do with it. He looked at the Machine he was sitting on, it was quite ominous and just felt like it should have never existed in the first place. Why was he created? Was it to help others or destroy others? He rubbed his head, His red hair raised in the wind as he wore a coat for his normal attire. Pyrope sighed as he looked into the sky, why would Homeworld want to destroy others...? The red Gem sighed as he made a small flame in his hand and began to play with it. He had heard of three Gems on Earth who came to protect it from the others. He wanted to be like them, to have a purpose. All he knows is that he is now an Outcast, targeted to be destroyed so that the Homeworld's Plans are not interfered with. Several Homeworld Gems have come to destroy him....He has prevailed thus far for being so skilled....but how long can he keep doing this? Living in fear to possible being one day killed with no mercy....It bothered Pyrope to the core of his heart as he took in a deep breath and exhaled.

❝ So let's ა ξ ʈ the world on ℱ ! я ξ we can burn ϐ ʁ ῐ ɕ Ҕ ʈ ξ я than the sun ؟ ❞
              ________________________________________________________________________
              User Image
              ↗↗Location The Kindergarden
              ↗↗CompanyNone
              ↘↘ThoughtsWhat is my Purpose.....
              ↘↘MoodZoned Out

Dangerous Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
User Image
~-Kunzite-~
'Kiri the flash'

There's a time when the moon reveals itself through the clouds...
I leapt out of sight and want to cry out loud...

Pyrope wasn't alone for long, true to his name, Kiri arrived quickly, stopping at the base of the device. The kindergarten wasn't a comforting place, for anyone it seemed, even an incomplete one like this. Kiri looked up at Pyrope and said, "These things are always an unsettling sight... especially when they're operational." He paused and looked out at the unfinished work, the sight of reminiscent of a graveyard in a way. As if on cue, a vine curled out towards him and touched his shoulder. He saw such little actions as the planet's way of saying 'thank you', but it was also possibly just a coincidence. He smiled and gently brushed off the vine before turning back to Pyrope, saying, "We could head back to the temple, these things are unusable now... unless you want to make them more unusable?" There was no way the home world gems could get these working again, Kiri had made sure of that, but there was a... catharsis in destroying them further.

... But deep in my heart I feel a love so alive.
... And in the depths of my soul I know we will survive

Friendly Regular

8,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
P y r o p e
T h e R a g e i n g I n f e r n oxx

▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀

User Image

Fire is Life and Destruction,Neither can be Divided by Anger or Hate,Nor by Greed or Power,But only by Righteousness

Pyrope snapped out of his Zoned-Out state and looked down to see a fellow Gem, Kunzite. He was the quickest of the Gems and very honorable. Pyrope smiled and hopped down from the Machine and stood in front of him ''Hey Kiri.'' He called him in his Nickname. ''What brings you out here?'' He asked. When he heard Kunzite's suggestion to go back to the temple, he simply shook his head. ''I don't want to, It makes me feel......weird.'' He said and rubbed his head. Then he heard his suggestion to destroy the machines. Pyrope smiled with enthusiasm ''I do need to let out some steam and these things are an abomination either way. So sure, lets make these things history.'' Pyrope said with excitement. He took a few steps back from Kiri and put his arms in a cross-shape with his hands over the two gems on his shoulders. The Gems glowed red as Pyrope pulled two beams of energy from the Gems. They materialized into his signature weapon, his beloved Hook Swords. Without a blink of the eye, the machine behind him cut in half, the top half slide down and crashed into the ground as the other did as well. ''Been awhile since I busted out my blades, it feels good.'' He said with a smile to Kunzite.

❝ So let's ა ξ ʈ the world on ℱ ! я ξ we can burn ϐ ʁ ῐ ɕ Ҕ ʈ ξ я than the sun ؟ ❞
              ________________________________________________________________________
              User Image
              ↗↗Location The Kindergarden
              ↗↗CompanyKunzite
              ↘↘ThoughtsI do need to let out some steam....
              ↘↘MoodExcited

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces