Welcome to Gaia! ::

Upon Jezza's arrival, Sion immediately excused himself, and they soon joined the crowd in dancing...

Wing smiled at the touching scene, and deciding that maybe she shouldn't follow them the entire night, scanned the room to get a good, general idea of it all.
She lost count of the number of different uniform colors present. She was in a silvery-blue gown; it sparkled down, trailing past her heels. Everything she had on tonight seemed to sparkle except her eyes...

Some of the aristocracy cast curious glances at the kitsune leaning against the wall, reminding her even more of this past she never had. She felt rather melancholy tonight; she couldn't explain it. But still, she put on a hollow smile; she did not want to upset the poor prince... He was so kind to them.

Her reverie was interrupted by a hand upon her shoulder.

It was Reign.

He was again dressed in the formal wear, and had been fidgeting with a now-wrinkled half cape.
"You seem a little off tonight Ms, you alright?"

"I don't know what it is, Reign... don't worry about me. Please. Enjoy the party." She gave a rather unconvincing laugh.
"Enjoy?" He scoffed. "Your prince only roped of into this as an exchange of courtesy. I'm far too used to the real world for this to be fun."
He sighed. "I can't relax Ms. ...I keep feeling something like an oncoming storm."
She shrugged with a gentle smile, and turned to leave--
"Care to dance? We can pretend to have fun together." He held out his hand.

She smiled, and almost hesitantly took it. At once the music started again, the violins playing a slow waltz.
Reign moved as he had practiced. Wing was an experienced dancer and her movements were much more fluid compared to his partner. He smiled slightly with a nervous laugh."forgive me for dancing error... I may have been intoxicated during the practice."
This was the simplest of dances, but something seemed a little different... His strong arm wrapped around her shoulder.
She looked into his eyes. There was something captivating to him the few times they had spoken, and it seemed now to be somehow greater than before...She couldn't explain it, couldn't turn away even if she tried.
He met her gaze and grinned. "Can't mistake that look." As he slid his hand around her waist his moves became fluid as he was absorbed into her eyes.

The dance ended, and she bowed politely to him.
"What's wrong?" He could tell she was nervous, uncomfortable.

She backed away a couple steps. "Do yourself a favor... just forget me..." And with that, dashed out of the ballroom.
OOC//Welcome to cliche-land! May I have your order?

BIC//

Reign, taken aback, dove through the crowd after her.

-----
CHAPTER NINE: THE END
A dreaded feeling took place of where she was once hollow. It was persistent, eerie, guided her steps like hounds snapping at her heels. It was a promise, a promise that she had not kept, and almost like the dance, she couldn't pull away...it was time to give what she owed, or have it torn from her... Such was the dilemma that her conscious mind could only trail the surface of--Any more prying into the feeling only left it the same, stronger than before, as if it were not supposed to be comprehended at all, but simply felt.

It told her to separate herself from everyone else, in the case they might be pulled into a tragedy that wasn't theirs. And she suddenly felt as if she far rathered it that way.

Past the crowds she fell a straight line to the abandoned garden, the crystal hold, its beckoning stairs. Up and up she climbed the spiraling path. She was immediately conscious of her breathing--the chill air pricked at already quivering lungs as the ground moved farther down.

As she reached the top, her eyes adjusted to the shimmering gems, the nine pedestals circling the tower roof...

Somebody was there.

"You." Her voice was half confusion and half contempt, but it didn't waver. Some part deep inside her was content with this arrangement, and she didn't understand why.

He stood there, open, right in the center. She had never seen him before in her life, but she knew who he was.

"You're supposed to be dead!"
"So are you." His teeth now twisted from ear to ear. The grin brought something back—It was the same grin that accompanied the severing of her last tail, in that bloodied room so long ago… Anger welled up inside her, the rage of eighty-eight fallen kitsune eager for revenge.

(It is my duty to end the Kitsune War. I will.)
The promise. Even if her friends had not told her who she was, shielded her, she would have still ended up knowing from powers far beyond her reach.
The thoughts, that single memory had flickered through her mind in less than a blink of the eye. She knew what to do, why she was drawn here. What to do.

With one fell swoop, her sword was out, straight and true for Blood's throat. But at the last moment he wrenched it out of her grasp, and as he did so she fell limp, unconscious into his arms.

"Your friends just couldn't let go, could they?" He mused, turning the sword over. Deep within the underside of the claw was a single gleaming splinter... it glistened the deep, rich blue of the missing orb.

He spread tattered ashen feather wings and took flight--

The party was in a disarray as the trumpeters stopped, and people covered their mouths and pointed to the sky. A flurry of clouds had opened up, a new world in its spiraling tempest depths--

"Where's Wing?" Thorn cried, wrestling out of a ceremonial spotted cloak. He made a run before the high priest or Barthos could catch him in the wide hallway.

Luther's team had rallied immediately around him. "To the Sky Lycean!" He pointed—Sure enough, Furry Fury met them all there, and they hastily set ready to sail for the eye of the storm.
Something was diving upwards towards the portal—A demon with a poor girl nestled in his arms.
“We’ll catch up before they make it!” Luther had yelled too soon. All at once, battle cries were broken by screeches, as an army of dragons, even more than before, rushed from the forests to block the portal’s entry.
“GO! GO! GO!” Luther screamed over the intercom. Already, everything around them was bursting into flames. They could wait no longer. He pulled anchor and off they went, a blazing woodpiece from the ceiling dropping right behind them…
“D-it!” Luther cried as he swerved towards the night sky. Fourteen planets had locked in place. Fourteen, the number of loss after the misfortune.
(Perhaps Blood planned this all along…)
“Save your energy for the upcoming battle! You’ve seen what this guy can do!” Luther yelled to them. Canons sprung out of the ship sides, something Luther and Dr. Gate had worked on for future battles.
The medical staff lined up on the cannons along with some of Fury, and they fired away at the onslaught of dragons—Like machine guns, they brought the beasts down—
(But they’ll survive.) Luther knew. The cannons were actually loaded with special tranquilizer darts that slowed the dragons down—They’d wearily descend and remain drowsy for a couple of hours on the ground, enough for this venture to work.
Real canons shot some of the serpents out of the way—A skyship of a different banner had flown up beside them, its symbols too torn to make out, before it had to retreat.
“Look! Even a fellow skyship couldn’t take them out! There’s too many of them!” Marlow burst into the captain’s room with Thorn. A hole had been blasted in the captain’s orbular window, leaving a vulnerable opening right at the front of the ship.
“THORN! What are you doing here?!” Luther bellowed, as the cabbit hopped in after Marlow. “You daft? You’re the last heir of Coeurs!”
“Like I’m leaving now!” Thorn retorted. “Kings don’t leave people behind!”
Luther, for the first time, was turning red with anger as he maneuvered the ship, all of them almost falling over several times. “Look Thorn, you’re in great danger! Blood wouldn’t have attacked you for no reason—“ Luther’s eyes widened.
Everything now was a flurry of yelling to strain hearing over the explosions and dragons crashing against the ship.
“YOU CAN CONTROL THE DRAGONS!”
“THERE WAS A CONTRACT! I CAN’T, I CAN’T!”
“NOT EVEN FOR AN ANGEL WHO GAVE AWAY A WING?!”
Thorn stopped. His eyes narrowed, and he deftly ran through the broken window to the front of the ship and outstretched his arms…
He was determined to make something happen, or die.
“That bloody contract may have my father’s signature, but it’ll never have his heart!
The roaring, fluttering gave way as the dragons lined up, bowing for the ship to fly the way through.
The portal disappeared in a final wink…
THE Chapter 8: THE FINAL BATTLE
The skyship had arrived in a most unusual place. Space and starts and galaxies hung far underneath them and floating islands in the sky. A light mist, almost clouds, drifted about the barren platforms—it made pools of dry(and sometimes not; they couldn’t tell at first glance) puddles and oceans and shores. The cloudfoam always moving over the suspended islands made home on this world high above their own… But they couldn’t see it from Earth, so the existence of this very place was fleeting in their minds. The two moons of Earth were under them, the sky blood red tonight.
…Wing was still out. Upon their arrival, they saw that she had been locked in a crystalline tower—One end ran towards Heaven and the other downwards to hell, and she was the very base of it. The encasing closed in tight around her, like an insect in an amulet. No one of mortal strength could have split it, and even if they could, there was no telling how much of her body would be torn apart.
…naked, the animal wasn’t just caged but also chained—The hellfire bonds tied her arms and neck, torso and neck. These chains ran outside the tower and into infinity, appearing like nearly invisible strands of spider-web in the glistening golden distance. Between him and Wing, an orb hung on an invisible pedestal—it was a deep, rich blue. Her sword he lifted, the claw greedily clutched the orb, and Wing’s soul was one again—At that moment, the hellchains wound around the sword, wrapping it in space tighter and even tighter—For once, the thing seemed all too capable of breaking. Now, the insides of the crystal were liquid, and even in her unconsciousness she screamed, in agony, silently. Her wing had lashed out, beating in vain against the panes of her prison.
The airship creaked to a halt, and the Fury ran out to confront Blood.
Reign arrived first, in a stricken panic. He studied this alternate plain. His senses here were null. No smells hit his nostrils, and there were no sounds natural sounds. One thing that stuck out about this place, was the overwhelming pressure of pain and suffering.
Sion stepped out with a simple smile on his face. He looked around giving the place a quick look over before holding two of his fingers up to change his outfit to one more battle fitting. He adjusted the shield on his arm as he walked to Reign's side.

"I guess this is his idea of an after party. So far it sucks."
Ulfang burst out of the cabins and out on to the deck. He jumped atop Reign's shoulders and looked out to vastness. "Wow, this looks outstanding." The young wolf said gazing out into the area.

Ice-Cold Hunter

Sinku walked up beside Reign with his shotgun resting on his left shoulde and his claymore in his right hand as a fire blade." Well this looks like it will be fun." Sinku said with an annoyed tone in his voice as he looked around.
Seth's suit vanished, and was replaced by a full suit of golden armor. He looked sadly at Ohka. "I guess this calls off our dance." he said as he donned the helm shaped like a snarling wolf. "Telsaer wants me to fight with style does he?" Seth mused to himself as he drew the Savior Sword and stood beside Sinku and Reign.
A bolt of silver struck the surface of the plane. Sir Justice quickly drew his rapier and assumed a battle stance.

"I may no longer have Silveen's magic to help me but I'm still a knight of Lefaun. I will fight to my last breath to save Lady Wing and destroy you demon!"
...As Thorn stepped off the ship after Fury, there was a creak as the platform between him and the battered hull gave way.

"We'll be fine!" Luther yelled as they started the engines in time, the propellers shaking as the ship lifted. They had no choice but to steer away, as the Sea Lycean's damage didn't enable it to go upwards anymore. It was only the prince and the battle team now standing not even a few feet from the black kitsune.

...Blood didn't so much as look at the crowd behind him. Occupied, he set the last of his sights on quickly drowning the trapped Wing.

Ice-Cold Hunter

Sinku's rage won out for a split second and he fired a shot right between Bloods ears to get his attention." Hey ugly why don't you come fight us and let Wing go ya punk!?" Sinku yelled out angrily as the rings on his tails darkened and his eyes turned a charcoal grey instead of their usual light grey color and he changed the blade of his claymore to a mixture of dark and light .
Reign grinned wide and pointed. "Get him." he growled under clenched teeth. He didn't wait He charged and drove a fist into a downward arc. The poison in his arm flared as he swung and a dark static spark over his flesh.
Ulfang jumped with excitement. "Alright, lets go. Reign, hammer throw?" Ulfang said whipping wind and electricity around his entire being.

Ice-Cold Hunter

Sinku looked at Ulfang" Whatever you guys do I'll try to cover you with these" He held up both of his weapons and pointed the gun towards Blood again." Just don't get ahead of the shards or you'll get hit as well got it?" Sinku flung the blade out of the hilt and it shattered into a thousand pieces and they all shot toward Blood .Sinku smiled " Now let's see if he tries to hit them even if he doesn't this is going to be one heck of a explosion either way." Sinku said with a almost crazed look on his face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff