Gryffindor 0.13157894736842 13.2% [ 5 ]
Ravenclaw 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 8 ]
Hufflepuff 0.23684210526316 23.7% [ 9 ]
Slytherin 0.42105263157895 42.1% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 38 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11

Dapper Roisterer

User Image

❁ Wyatt "Colt" Weissheit ❁
                                                                - - - History of Magic Professor / Flight Instructor - - -

He was a terrible teacher. He had no clue what he was doing and he was almost sure a few of the students were picking up on it. Luckily it was the first day and he was able to spend most of the time talking about himself. He told them all about playing for the Arrows, about his injury, how he was just a temporary professor. That was probably the first clue. He was a Quidditch player, not a devoted scholar. Especially not to something like history. Still there he was talking about the overview of the class, glancing pretty regularly at the paper telling him what the course normally went over and repeating a few phrases he remembered from the introduction he glossed over the other night. See, he wasn't taking teaching that lightly...he just knew he was the wrong guy for the job. Once that part was over he started talking about his own lineage. While Colt was a pureblood an he would constantly make otherwise rude jokes, the way he spoke about his own background showed that things like status and family heritage meant nothing to him. The names he spelt out were a regular who's-who of people who contributed most to their society in their lifetime. Weissheit's had been making a splash in the wizarding world since the dawn of time and maybe sooner than that. But he nonchalantly talked about it then made it apparent that he didn't want to be called "Professor Weissheit" because that was his father. He also probably made another teaching faux paux when he mentioned that all Weissheit's were Ravenclaws but he was the first in his family to choose a different house and he made it very apparent that his favorite house was and would always be Hufflepuff. Then he winked at one of the students wearing the appropriate robe. Probably not the best idea.

He spent a bit of time harassing Chung Lin, or just "Lin" as he called her. The woman's eyes were always narrowing when he came by but he really enjoyed teasing her. She took it so well and knew how to throw them back at him. He really appreciated that in a person. "Hey Lin! Can you divine what's for dinner tonight? And don't say noodles." Again, another jab at her. "How's your ethnic class going? Everyone learning how to properly integrate into Britannia?" He chuckled and then decided to stop with the jokes. "I've never taught before. Having that many eyes on you is really daunting. And History is a pretty boring subject to teach. It's just me talking, and talking, and praying that I have the answers to their questions." He chuckled. Today, at least, he was wearing slacks with a button-up tucked into the pants. However the issue with that was that whenever he chuckled people could see the muscles in his stomach flex and the button-up was short-sleeved. Whenever Colt was nervous he would bring his arm up and rub the back of his head, causing his muscle to flex and achieving the look of something like a blonde gorilla. He was unaware of this habit though and likely more than a few students noticed it. He continued chatting with Lin for a little bit before going on his way. Colt also made it a point to seek out the Potions Professor and flirt with her a little more. He just couldn't help himself. She was just too attractive. Eventually classes were over though and it was time for what he was actually at this school to do, coach Quidditch.

Later he knew he was going to be up late reading up for the lesson he had to teach. Not only was he going to read the textbook, he also was going to do some research in the library that night. He was sure there was some plant or potion he could use to keep himself up all night. Beyond that he went back to his own dormitory and changed into a pale red t-shirt and a pair of work-out pants along with special pair of tennis shoes he always wore when he got out on the field. He still hadn't unpacked the place and figured he'd do that wandwork when he got back later this evening. For now he had a practice to teach and if his teaching was already in question he knew he had to do a hell of a job coaching. At least Quidditch was something he knew well and intimately. He grabbed his broom from his suitcase and started out the door. The Sienna Storm, is what it was called. A one-of-a-kind original broom that he was famous for riding on. It was made of oak wood finished to a fiery burnt orange color with pure brass cuffs made in an Old World style rarely seen anymore. In a world where even the best Quidditch players were keeping up with the newest innovations in broom making with their Nimbus 4000's, Colt was nothing but defiant against those social norms. In fact, the broom drove home the one thing that was obvious about Colt's personality. He was unconventional, very unconventional, but charismatic at the same time. Just like his broom. Colt walked out the door and despite what Chris had chastised him about earlier, riding his broom in the castle, he was a world-class high-flying Quidditch Player and he considered himself above such a stipulation. Forget Chris and his stiff-ness. He straddled his broom went up into the air, and flying down the halls he went.

He went out the double doors and immediately shot up into the sky before flying over the castle and the Quidditch grounds. Some people got a little woozy from being up this high, especially if they weren't used to it, but he always enjoyed being at the cloud-line. Colt flew lazily over the field and saw that a bunch of bodies were gathering, one was even flying. He smirked at that. Oh that guy was getting it. His eyes drifted to the seats and surprisingly there were people in them. Huh, people who just watched practices for fun. He liked that. Colt swiftly flew down and into the stands. Well he flew to the edge and then jumped off of his broom, his bum landing on the edge and his broom in hand as he looked at the girl he landed by, grabbing her omni-oculars and using them to look down at the field. "So which one of them should get it first? I vote the brunette flying around already." He smirked and handed her the oculars back, looking at her. "Must be a first year. Nice to meet you I'm Colt. This should be pretty fun to watch, kid." He gave her a light punch in the shoulder. "I want a report on what you've seen when practice is over. If you do a good job I'll make you Assistant Coach." He didn't know if he could do that, and frankly, he didn't care. "Anyway. Off I go!" He stood up on the ledge and jumped off, straddling his broom mid-fall when he went zooming through the air again. Colt made a loop back up in the air and then flew towards the group, but mostly toward the Hufflepuff who was flying around on his broomstick. He picked up his speed so quickly he became hard to focus on and outstretched an arm, getting the male by the neck in a headlock before hefting him onto the back of Colt's broom. "There goes your broom..." He smirked. "Hold on!" His broom pointed straight to the ground and the two began to spiral as he swooped in, grabbed the broom with his free hand, reached back to the Hufflepuff with his other hand, and threw both of them off his broom to fall about six feet before standing on his broom and lowering himself gracefully on the ground once again. Colt looked down at the Hufflepuff who he'd just given a ride to. The kid was cute, attractive, brown hair, nice cherubic complexion, and a spark in his eyes. "Rule One: Nobody hits the air until I get here. Or you end up like...what's your name? Well, you end up like him." Once again, he had to have a dramatic entrance, there was no choice.

With his broom he looked over everyone. There were quite a few cute faces in the crowd. Colt was aware that there was some rule against teacher student affairs as well as some law against adults and minors but whatever. What were they going to do? Fire him? There was no way a person of his social class would go to jail over something that petty either. Unfortunately for the law, Colt was able to pull strings and get away with more than he should. The world was unfair like that. So he was treating some of the older students like sheep for his wolfishness to take advantage of. But now was the time to coach. "Mingling. I like it." He said, smiling and nodding to the people who were talking to those not in their houses. "We'll be doing more of that. For now I want to all to gather by station. Beaters with Beaters, Seekers with Seekers. I'm going to show you what the workout routines are going to be." He smiled at them, knowing that workouts were not required previously. "We workout everyday before practice. Then we practice. Your muscles are going to hate you. You are going to hate me. And I'll wait until the end of the year to be thanked." He lifted a hand into the air, his broom now horizontal in the air. "Everyone do like me." Colt brought up his other hand, gripping the broom as if he were going to bench press the small thing. "Now start to fly." His body was suddenly lifted about a foot and a half off the air, his midriff showing from his tight fitting shirt. "This exercise is meant to work on a few things. Your flight control, balance, arm and core strength." He started doing pull-ups with his broom. "With me! Twenty, then ten, then Twenty again. Three sets! Go!" His draconian workout routine was much like that. At one point he was laying on his back on his broom in the air doing sit-ups, bicycles, he had them hang by the brooms then proceed to heft themselves in loops around and around their brooms like gymnasts on highbars. Only after he'd sufficiently gone through a "slow version" of the work-out with all of them, explaining what each exercise was designed to do for them, did he actually go on to talking about actual Quidditch practice. A few people already looked a bit tired. How bad for them.

His eyes spied the groups once again, all of them herded by whatever their function of their teams were. "This practice is the one and only time all teams will practice together. After this it will be individual team practices with me and double practices for losing teams. But for now, I'm going to mix you all up into teams and see what you're made of." He began counting them off until teams ceased being Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and instead were a mix by number. Some red robes were mixed with greens and yellows. "There will be three games. Groups 1 and 3 against each other. Then Groups 2 and 4. And a final game against the winners. Winners get to leave after practice...and losers...get to do another Workout and we'll run a few laps around the field to because...why not?" He smiled at them all, seeing some glares now. "You've got seven minutes to strategize with your team groups 1 and 3. Then we go!"

((All Quidditch Players. I'm just expecting you guys to work out who is on what team and then have teams 1 and 3 start playing their match and decide amongst yourselves who wins.)
                                                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

“As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.” -Pablo Neruda

Location: Quidditch Field
                                                                Status: Coaching!
                                                                With: Lots of students
                                                                Translations:

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
Gardner W. Faulkner
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

There are causes
worth dying for
But nothing
worth killing for

It would seem that the idea of a joint practice wasn't being accepted as easily by the others as it had been by him. Gard couldn't help but notice that a few of his fellow Hufflepuffs seemed uncomfortable amongst the other Houses, and the Slytherins certainly didn't seem to feel like being social. Thus, it came as no surprise that Callum drew a few looks by approaching him. Gardner didn't care. They could stare all they wanted; he just wanted to spend time with Clalum. They had a majority of their classes together, of course, but they were always working in class and had little time for socializing. He glanced up momentarily, spotting Kevin already in the air, and shook his head. Well, at least he was enthusiastic, right? Gard might have mounted up and joined him if not for Callum's company. "Hi," he responded, smiling at the green-robed Chaser. The question of losing the cup this year draw a laugh from the Beater and he responded, "Talking to yourself are ya? Hufflepuff's taking that Cup home this year." He grinned and nudged Callum's shoulder, though he certainly didn't miss the fact that Callum had been staring at his arms. The mere thought gave him little butterflies in his stomach. It was a good thing he had both feet on the gorund; being light-headed on a broomstick was a poor idea.

Before he could say much more, their coach appeared with Kevin and his broomstick in hand. Gard snorted with laughter as the over-eager Seeker was set on his feet and called, "Gettin' in trouble already, Kev? You're shamin' our House man!" He had been one of the students privy to Professor Weissheit's little statement that Hufflepuff House was the best House. Gard wondered briefly if that meant that they were going to be getting preferential treatment. Gard certainly hoped not. Not only was that not fair, but where was the competition in that? He wanted his House to win the Cup because they really were the best, not because the coach was playing favourites! Soon Professor Weissheit was splitting them up by their position, which meant that he had to leave Callum's company. Boooo, he thought as he walked over to where the Beaters had gathered. There was some jostling and a none-too-friendly shove from one of the Slytherin Beaters. Ugh, Bernie Hickleberry. What a troll. "Watch it, Ickleberry," Gard muttered under his breath, frowning at the troll-like Slytherin. He tried to play nice with other people but he wasn't going to lay back and take any crap from anyone either.

He then turned his attention back to Professor Wessheit, grinning when the man said that their muscles were going to hate them. Workouts weren't exactly required before, but that didn't stop Gard from doing so whenever he wasn't at Quidditch practice. He did quite a bit of heavy lifting even when he was at school, helping the Potions professor haul crates of supplies or assisting the groundskeeper when he needed an extra hand. Then, of course, there was the work he did at home over the summer. The Faulkners made their living raising cattle, pigs, and crops. Gardner rather prided himself on his ability to wrestle an ornery pig into a pen or stick to the back of a raging bull like a burr. A little Quidditch practice was going to be easy. He got mildly distracted when the man's shirt rode up, showing a sliver of stomach, but shook himself out of it long enough to pay attention to the actual instructions. Pull-ups? Simple enough. However, the pull-ups were only the start of things and by the time that they had finished playing Simon Says with the coach, even his arms were starting to ache a little. He had long since discarded his uniform robe for the muscle-shirt and pants that he normally wore under it. Once everyone was allowed to put their feet on the ground again he rubbed lightly at his upper arms. This was going to be a hell of a season, and he meant that in both the good and bad terms of the word.

Then, Professor Weissheit began counting them off, mixing the teams and throwing the Houses together. It was unusual and strange and more than one person actually seemed offended that their teams were being split apart. Gard was rather the opposite - he had ended up on team 1 along with Callum! Someone up there loves me, he thought as he grinned at the Chaser. They were given a few minutes to strategize and Gard jogged over to Callum, grinning at him. "Looks like I'm going to be protecting your pretty face this time, instead of trying to knock it out, huh?" he teased as the rest of their team joined them and they set about strategizing for the upcoming scrimmage game.

Gard Is...
With: Quidditch Players || Where: Quidditch Field || Doing: Practice || Wearing: Hufflepuff Quidditch robes

xx love shine

Silabus Whitelight

Shy Member

Chung Li Lin

The Artistic Witch
Divination Professor
Head of Gryffindor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

The sorting went on smoothly and Chung Li was eager to meet and welcome the newest members to her House. Of course, that would be for later as the food appeared. It wasn't until that moment that she realized how hungry she was! She wasn't shy on the portions, filling her plate with all sorts of food. Needless to say, Chung Li wasn't picky. Plus it gave her a distraction from Colt's obnoxious remarks.
As promised, she saved some food for Wan-her owl- which happily devoured the food as she left to formally address the new Gryffindors.

After a long day she decided not to do readings and instead called it a day. Her first few days of classes went without much trouble. Of course she was greeted with quiet a number of hesitant, passive or disinterested students. It was to be expected; not everyone was as interested in the concepts of Divination as she was.
However, her teaching methods proved to be interesting enough for the students to at least try some of the exercises and pique some interests.

Of course it wasn't to say that the days didn't go by when she didn't run into Colt and his so called witty remarks. "Oh Colt. Don't knock it till you try it. I mean...it's better than having rice all the time!" She answers sweetly, aware that she was making a jab about her own ethnicity. Problem with food jabs was that Lin loved food. So it was hard to think of something for her to use as a comeback...unless they spoke about cooking. "My classes have been going great actually. Oh! And my Divination classes are just as good too. You are more than welcome to sit in on one of my Ethics class...Everyone could use a good review of moral and social ethics of the world in general." She answers. She had gotten used to his banter. It was rather fun actually. There were days were his witty remarks would make her angry, and she would be a breath away from transforming him into a ferret. But the looks on the student's faces held her back. And then there were days where she would playfully banter back. The Students weren't sure how to handle the two teachers when they were together.

She raises her eyebrow towards Colt when he mentions his lack of teaching skills and being front of the students. "Oh I'm sure you have plenty of eyes staring at you..." She comments clearing her throat. "I suppose finding clothes that actually fit might help take away some of those burning stares off you." Lin self consciously pulls her knitted cardigan around her. She was always shy about her appearance...And being around and working with fellow teachers that were quite lookers always made her feel...'Lousy...' She thought still keeping the sweet smile on her face. She casually excuses herself away from Colt as he suddenly becomes interested with another fellow teacher.

She sighs and returns to her room. Wan eagerly greets her with a small letter. She smiles, grabbing a small sketchbook and drawing material into her bag and offering her arm for the owl, who eagerly perches there. She walks outside and finds herself a nice seat under a tree that was near the Quidditch field practice. She couldn't wait for the new season of Quidditch to begin. She had been anxiously awaiting for the season to start since it ended last year.
She pulls her drawing materials out and takes in a deep breath before picking up a small, worn down clump of black charcoal. Starting out with light lines, she began to sketch out the the Quidditch area, warming up her drawing and as well as opening her mind for her divinations.
Lin's special talent lay within her drawings; she could predict the future of someone or something by simply drawing them. She spotted a student; Gardner...From Hufflepuff she recalled. He was quiet the Quidditch player...She smiles and begins to sketch him.

▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

||OCC: ||With: Wan-Her Owl ||Doing: Relaxing/Watching the Quidditch Practice ||Mood: Content || Location: near Quidditch Field || Wearing: Outfit

☪☪☪

I can read your past simply by looking at you

Shy Dragon

User Image
Raynavia Jordan Kiris
Hufflepuff beater Fifth year.

The feast had gone by so fast, then the morning had come by just as quick. Raynavia was nearly late to Transfiguration, barely getting in to the classroom before it was time to start. She grew tired of all of her teachers telling her about the OWL's. She wondered if the seventh years were as tired as the fifth years having to hear about the NEWTs. by lunch her hands were feeling the burn of writing down everything her teachers were saying. Why she didn't take her mom up on the self writing quills she didn't know. No she did, her second year a Gryffindor had one in History of Magic and it moved way off and started writing on everything. She was one of the first to Magical history after lunch. Professor Colt made and aside to the row she was siting in about Hufflepuff being his favorite. The two girls beside her squealed and giggled. Navi hoped that he was a better teacher in general than a planner.

Thankfully the end of day came just as fast as the rest of her day. She was one of the first out of the green house to get to change for the first quidditch practice of the year. She was pleased that it was going to be an all school practice so she could watch the Gryffindor chaser. She grabbed her Nimbus 2001 and her beaters club. She took a few alternative routes to avoid the crowds to the pitch. Ray found Matty and they talked about generic day stuff. That was until Professer Weissheit came onto the field, nearly killing her best friend in the process. She moved to the Hufflepuff team half expecting the Quidditch coach to make each team go against each other. Then again what he did shouldn't have surprised her. She moved silently behind Gardner to where the beaters were located. Navia was in the minority being one of the two girls who did well in the position. She looked at the chaser pile and blushed when she saw Gabriel.

She wouldn't lie, she was one of the ones who groaned at the workout speech Professor Weissheit was giving. She kept up with the workout, her muscles screamed at her and she was droning out to the song that Gabe had been singing. Navi was a little late going into the next exorcize so she made herself concentrate on what she was doing now. Like many of the other players she shed the hot uniform into her tank top and shorts. She was a three with the troll of a Slytherin, Hickleberry. She was trying to keep an eye out for the other three's as they were counted.
"Don't mess up our win girl," Bernie said as he pushed her towards the team they were going to be apart of. "Can't promise anything, she muttered standing in the team her arms crossed as she eyed the other teams. Ickybaby was trying to take over the team telling everyone what to do. Raynavia was plotting making him fall off his broom, something she was told she was great at. She looked at the rest of the team as Bernie told them to block the other teams seeker. "That's not going to work, really do you even know your own teammate? Malfoy is fairly quick. Hence the reason he's your teams seeker. Plus Gard is a good defender, Alton is going to keep throwing the quaffle to whom ever will take it. Just throwing out an idea that maybe he should be the weaker link." If she had gum she would have popped it then. She glared at Hickleberry not wanting to school the seventh year on the players. Sure there were new kids out there, but she would learn what they would show quick enough. She mounted her broom, leaning on the smooth handle. She loved the older model broom, it had been a find in a muggle junk shop. She waited on people to decide what the big plan was, nodding when people told her to guard the seeker and get the rest of the other team off balance. "Yea Kiris don't mess it up," The Slytherin beater quipped as he mounted his broom. She wasn't a seer by any means but Ray was pretty sure Bernie was going to have a long fall.

Where? school/quidditch pitch Who? Quidditch Players!!! Wearing? Lets play this game
User Image

Where: Quidditch Pitch xxxxx With: quidditch players! xxxxx Doing: practicing xxxxx Wearing: Gryffindor quidditch uniform xxxxx

The previous night’s sorting and feast went by the same way it did every year. Matilda chatted with her house about the summer that had just ended and the upcoming year. Although usually it was just about how great Gryffindor was going to do in the year’s house cup, this year they also had the assortment of new teachers to hypothesize about. As the night went on and the dinner foods switched the desserts conversation in the great hall started to die down as exhaustion made its way about the hall. The students all went their separate ways, Matilda walking with Gabe and Fae up to Gryffindor Tower and then going their separate ways as they headed through the portrait.

The first day of classes was always the worst. Most of the teachers wouldn’t hesitate to jump right into the year and assign loads of class work on the first day. It wasn’t too much; especially not considering Matilda was a sixth year. But, after a long summer of relaxation getting back into a routine with class work took some time. Luckily for Matilda, she had Ray in the majority of her classes to keep her company. It was easier to pass the time in class when you had someone to joke with!

After classes had ended, Matilda hurried up to the common room to hastily put her books and her bag away, then change into her quidditch robes and head down to the pitch for the year’s first practice. Although, the first practice of the year usually wasn’t too intense. It was always a casual scrimmage match between the returning team members and a chance to talk with the coach as necessary. Then, the Captains would decide amongst themselves each house’s practice schedule so nothing would conflict. Matilda headed down towards the pitch, excitement bubbling into her stomach. Everyone would get to see the new coach in action! And really, who wasn’t excited for that?

The closer she got to the pitch; Matilda noticed a greater turnout of spectators than usual. Of course, that wasn’t unexpected. Heading to where everyone had gathered she watched Kevin soar around the field and let her eyes roam to the stands. Noticing Ella, her first year friend, Matilda waved. However, when she noticed Professor errr… Coach Weissheit. Matilda listened intently and then followed the directions heading over to where the seekers had gathered. She started the exercises and was slowly making her way through them. As she pulled her chin above the handle of her Nimbus 2000, she groaned, "Seekers have to be fast, not strong." she whined under her breath, but she kept going. Sure, on the field she was fast. A seeker had to be, mere seconds could be the difference between your team winning or losing. However, Matilda wasn’t too strong. She was strong enough to keep herself on her broom for when a bludger came her way. But, she was definitely not strong enough to behind the bat for one.

Once they had finished their warm ups, they were then sorted into separate groups. Matilda had been assigned Group 3 and headed over to the others that had been threes too. Lucky for her, Ray had been assigned a three. "Well, with us two, there's no way the other team's gonna win." she laughed, nudging Ray with her elbow.

[ OOC: Sorry for the wait!! ]

User Image ______ User Image ______ User Image
User Image

User Image
SAID NO MORE COUNTING DOLLARS AisforAngstxxxxxAisforAngstxxxxxAisforAngstxxxAisforAngst
WE'LL BE COUNTING » S.STARS xx

Indent At first, Samuel didn't even realize that the stranger was talking to him. But when nobody else responded to the 'nice save, hot stuff,' the auburn-haired man slowly looked over to his seat neighbor and raised a brow. He supposed the 'save' in question was in reference to his arrival just before the Sorting. " ...Thank you, " he replied, keeping his voice soft and low so as not to interrupt the ceremony taking place. Their eyes locked, and after a moment, the young teacher shook his colleague's hand. The following lame pick up line made him roll his eyes, however, and he replied with a flat, " Did you just eat a wheel of cheddar, or are you naturally that cheesy? " Not his best retort, but to be fair, he'd had a pretty long day. The guy - Colt - gave him a wink that Sam answered with a deadpan stare. The History of Magic professor was a good-looking man, yes, but he was not in the mood for being badly flirted with. " Samuel Tanner. Astronomy and Apparition. "

Indent He finally looked back to the Sorting. Being back here, it felt as if he'd never really left. A few more students were left to be Sorted, and when that was done, there was a brief speech from the Headmaster before the Feast kicked off. From there he went to his office - his office, the thought was still taking some getting used to - and through there to his private quarters. The next day was the first day of classes. The first day was just a simple lesson and some introduction to the course. The way they'd scheduled his classes was... Odd, given that a lot of them were during the day. It was a little hard to study the stars during the middle of the day. But, he'd just rolled his eyes and did his best to work with it. After the classes there was supposed to be Quidditch practice; maybe he'd go, take a look at what the Slytherin team could do. Sam stopped by the Great Hall first, to grab a little something to eat, and then he headed out through the Great Hall.

Indent There were a few people that he passed in the courtyard on his way to the Quidditch pitch, where there were already people waiting in the stands to see the combined practice. Not long after he took a seat the students began to file out onto the pitch in their uniforms. He kept an eye on the kids in green and silver in particular. But a few rows down from him, there was Colt, chatting with a first year before hopping onto his broom and flying off. Sam had to resist the urge to roll his eyes at the dramatic flight down to the pitch. At least the guy knew what he was doing with this. He was a professional Quidditch player, after all. This should prove to be interesting.

User Image aisforangstxxx
Quidditch pitch - stands Whoever else is nearby outfit angsty~xx

Chatty Sweetheart

User Image

[ where: Quidditch Field ] xxx [ with: Team 2 ] xxx [ ooc: --- ]

Classes had went by smoothly for the hufflepuff. Or well, to him at least. The first day back was always the easiest with nothing much to do. Truthfully, he was too distracted and thinking about quidditch practice that day once it was confirmed that Professor Weissheit would be the one teaching it. He had him for History of Magic, and even that guy can make the most boring class in Kevin's opinion interesting. Okay well maybe not the subject, but he was sure good to look at. If he failed, that was not his fault. Besides, it was even great too since the professor seemed to really like Hufflepuff. Kevin was hoping to get on his good side not because of his house, but for himself. He had so many things he wanted to learn from the quidditch star, hoping to one day play quidditch professionally.

Once classes was over, Kevin had darted out of his last class and grabbed is broom, running as fast as he can outside, even shoving people to get to the field. Someone would definitely say he was too excited, but that was definitely an understatement. Making it out onto the field, he quickly hopped onto his broom and flew up high. "Woooooo!" he yelled, looking down to see either some people were laughing or finding him being stupid. What could he say, he was excited!

As he was flying around, he turned at the last minute to see someone headed straight for him. Professor Weissheit! Was he about to be get in trouble! Kev felt nervous for a second, before suddenly being picked up off his broom, stumbling as he was head locked and placed onto the Professor's broom. His eyes widened as he saw his broom falling. He held on for dear life to the Professors stomach, his heart racing with adrenaline as the two dived and his broom was safely retrieved, before he was dropped onto the ground and landed on his feet. It took him a moment to contain himself, before smiling and letting out a laugh. "That. Was. Awesome!" he said, feeling a bit dizzy. What a rush!

Turning to look at his fellow Hufflepuff he chuckled looking to Gard. "It was so worth it!" he said with a teasing wink and chuckle. He'd get it, hopefully. You know, literally being swooped off your feet by a professional, attractive quidditch player. Wasn't that like a dream come true? Maybe not then.

When the professor addressed him for his little mishap, Kevin was a but dumbfounded with what to say. "Uh..K-Kevin!" he said. A fellow member on his team gave him a nudge. It was pretty rare for Kevin to be speechless, and he felt like an idiot for a moment. But Professor Weissheit seemed nice and didn't seem mad, so it was okay, right? Kevin just hoped he hadn't gotten on his bad side or something.

After that, he followed the exercise instructions. Kevin wasn't the strongest on his team, but he tried really hard, and kept going even when he did get tired. He had the speed of a seeker. That had to be one of the most intense workouts he's ever done, but he was determined to put his all into it. He joined the Hufflepuffs, only to be told that they were going to be mixing up the teams for this practice. Well that would be interesting. Would they all be able to work together? Maybe thats what he was going for, but it was definitely interesting. Kevin gave his best friend Navi a wave and a thumbs up for good luck when they were split up, him being placed on Team 2, meaning he would be sitting out for the first game. He held a two up, calling out "Where are my two's atttttt?!" he hoped whoever was on his team he'd get along with. He saw one of the Ravenclaw's walk towards him, a very introverted girl who he never really spoke to. Annabeth Mitchells. He was going to play nice, and grinned at the chaser. "Team two, yea?" he said, holding his hand out for a high five, but she just starred at him. He awkwardly stood there, before taking his hand to rub the back of his neck, giving an awkward laugh. "This'll be fun..." he thought. He turned to look for where Navi was, before mouthing Help me. to her. He walked over to the side with his team as team 1 and 3 were going first.

User ImageUser Image

Chatty Sweetheart

User Image

Silver and Sapphire

[ where: Quidditch Field ] xxx [ with: Gard and players nearby ] xxx [ ooc: ]

Callum just shook his head and grinned. When it came to Quidditch, Slytherin had normally had its reputation for winning the cup mostly. Of course things could always change, but he was pretty confident with his team. Gard and Callum were both captains of their teams. But it seemed like Gard was definitely fit as leader. His house really liked him and would listen to him. With Callum, not every single person on his team were fond of it. He got the spot because he was good, but some people think his parents made a deal or something. 'Like father, like son.' This was his second year as captain, so it wasn't as bad. His first time he was more laid back and more of a softy. But when he didn't step up to the plate as captain, they'd lost more often than Slytherin did before, so he pulled it together and now most of the team was used to it. Even if they thought he didn't deserve it, he didn't let it phase him anymore and did what he had to do, because he knew he got the spot on his own.

When their quidditch coach came in with a dramatic entrance, Callum just stood there quietly and watched, listened to every word. This seemed like it would be...interesting. The professor was a bit odd and hyper, but regardless Callum would be respectful. They started out with a couple of work outs, which Callum had to admit he was tired by the end of. When professor Weissheit was explaining the way practice would be, Callum stood with his hands over his head which helped with breathing. He was about to join his team when he explained how they were going to be randomized. Callum tilted his head, watching as he was counted off getting assigned the number 1. Well this would be an interesting practice.

Turning to see who else was on his team, he saw Gard approaching him. He blushed a bit, letting out a nervous chuckle. Pretty face? "Ha, ha. Looks like it." he looked around to see who else would be joining them, seeing Alton heading their way. He was one of the younger ones, but also a Chaser. When Callum turned back to look at Gardner, he saw the little interaction between Bernie, his own house's beater, and Gard. He gave Ickleberry a frown, in which the other just looked at him and scuffed. Bernie was one of the ones who wasn't fond of Callum being captain, always going off on how Cal didn't deserve it and it should've been his position. He's had it out for him, and apparently now his friends. Their team had two chasers and a beater so far. They didn't have a seeker yet, but if they end up with one, at least Gard and Cal were captains, and little Alton had their help. He leaned on his broomstick, a Nimbus 2001 that his father had used when he was in quidditch.

Callum turned to look at team three that was forming, then back to his team. "Well, they definitely have a seeker and two beaters as of now. Maybe you could try to stop their seeker, Gard?" he suggested with a shrug. "Alton and I can handle the beaters, right?" he said, giving the guy a pat who responded with a hesitant nod. Poor guy.
                                          User ImageUser Image

Fashionable Vampire

17,925 Points
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
Don't mess with a witch when she's witching
▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅ ▅▅

All things pass in time. We are far less significant than we imagine ourselves to be. xxxxx All that we are, all that we have wrought, is but a shadow, no matter how durable it may seem.
              One day, when the last man has breathed his last breath, the sun will shine,
          the mountains will stand, the rain will fall, the streams will whisper, and they will not miss him XXXXXX

User Image
User Image

Alexion moved through the court yard and out onto the lawn, even though the cold weather would be rolling in the next few weeks. Alex wanted to spend as much time she could outside under the sun. She found a large oak tree close to the black lake and took a seat beneath its branches. From here she could see the Quidditch pitch and little dots flying about, so in other words she would be able to tell when her friends were done with practice. Just as she opened her old copy of the Grimm's Fairy tale a large shadow crossed the pages. Yellowish green eyes looked up towards the branches to see her black eagle Vane sitting upon one of the branches with a rather large fish trapped in his claws. "Caught yourself a good meal my dear Vane" she cooed at the large bird. "Good there is plenty of food here for you" she said before turning back to her book. It would still be a while before Quidditch practice was over and dinner would start. I'll need to feed tonight. Hope Professor Seneca has the potion ready

OCC: crappy post sorry
    Where: near the black lake
    With: her eagle Vane

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out