Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome to Fractured Worlds, a roleplay set in a post apocalyptic environment. You can be characters from nearly any universe, provided the universe is a work of fiction and not one of non-fiction. This will be a roleplay based off survival, and it's not a roleplay for silly or comedic characters. As such this is not the roleplay for those who wish to play comedic or purely fun characters.(such as Bobobo or pure comedic series. There will be more on this later

The Story

The Earth in the year 3000 was one of technological marvels and great advancements. Deadly diseases were extinguished. World hunger was solved. Energy was plentiful, and pollution was kept to a minimum. The only issue seemed to be an ever growing population. But humanity is rarely satisfied with this far advancement, and why should they? They strove to constantly expand their domain, constantly seek more knowledge in every location, trying to solve overpopulation.

In the United States, a testing facility was created in Austin, Texas. There scientists worked tirelessly to try and achieve a method to rapidly travel long distances. It wasn't possible to move at the speed of light, and as such most inhabitable planets that could be colonized were too far, and no one would survive the trip. Scientists worked to perhaps create a sort of wormhole, to try and find a way to shorten the distance between other worlds suitable for human life and Earth. In the year 3040, they succeeded somewhat-a portal was created. But not to any planet known to man. Powerful beings emerged, wielding tremendous powers. They were horrifying and beautiful to behold, both benevolent and malevolent. The trip through the portal it seemed, infuriated them. With a mere motion of their hands, the Earth was destroyed.

Just kidding. Much of the Earth was destroyed, mind you, just not all of it. As a cruel jape, the beings emerged from the portal spared the United States, leaving the country as a piece of landmass floating in an endless ocean. People from all over the world were transported to the USA to be given another chance. Of course, over 99% of humanity was erased from existence, a staggering death toll. In the USA however, the portal technology also seemed to bring several new denizens from other worlds, from what would normally be fiction. It seemed one moment these people closed their eyes and then opened them into this new world. What will they do? It is up for you to decide.
Allowed/Banned Characters

For the most part, you are allowed to pick a character from any series you wish. However, they must have at least an image of their appearance, and will have certain restrictions on their powers. Power scaling between series is very different (Dragon Ball Z vs Naruto for example), so characters will be weakened/strengthened, to the point where everyone is at a level relatively balanced with each other. However some characters which can be considered omnipotent, or near omnipotent, will not be allowed.

There are also some characters I will not allow. These are characters that are pure comic relief, or from a series that is completely non serious and of a light-hearted nature. Some examples may include Bobobo or most comedic cartoons/animes. I don't mind comedic relief characters, but they have to have some semblance of seriousness and cannot be there just to defy physics or provide humour.
The Rules

1: The literacy of this roleplay is Semi-Literate. 2 paragraphs, 5-7 sentences each. You can write more, up to 10 paragraphs, but please keep in mind writing more will not obligate anyone to write any more than what is necessary.

2: If you couldn't tell already, this is a Post Apocalyptic Survival roleplay. Your characters will find themselves in a location within the United States, and they will have to struggle to survive. You may also play as an original character, but they will be a survivor from the destruction of much of the earth and they will not have powers.

3: Violence and romance are welcome and encouraged in this roleplay. But there will be no power playing, godmodding, autohitting, etc. It's not fair to others, and no one is allowed to do it, unless it's agreed upon by every party involved. Also, please do not kill anyone else's character or permanently injure them, unless both people agree. As for romance, please keep it PG-13 and if there's going to be sex, please skip it. There is no auto-coupling either, unless the characters were already in a canon relationship. So you can't have a character automatically be in love with a character he/she wasn't in a relationship with in their canon universe instantly. They will have to develop it.

4: Please post frequently, Once every three days is not that much, that's all I'm asking for. As a side note, it must be once every three days per character. Also, a maximum of 3 characters per roleplayer is allowed. I will not allow any more, this is non negotiable.

5: Posting styles don't have to be fancy. I don't like too fancy that much, actually. Just include their picture, name, location, and the series they're from. Please do not use real life images-only drawn images are allowed.

6: Keep OOC in the OOC. If you have a problem with another player and would like to discuss, I would prefer it if you kept to PM's but if you wish to use the OOC I will not stop you.

7: I will add rules if necessary. New rules will be coloured in black.
Profiles and Reserves

Characters can fill a variety of roles. An original character can fill a variety of roles, ranging from a raider, to the leader of a society. However a canon character will be a newcomer, and will not have a certain position instantly.

Please PM profiles with the title, "This is a Profile" and reserves with the title, "This is not a Reserve". Please send the reserve first.

Reserves

[align=center][IMG]100x100 Icon[/IMG]
[size=10][color=color1]name:[/color] [color=color2]Name here[/color]
[color=color1]starting location:[/color] [color=color2]Place it here[/color]
[color=color1]series:[/color] [color=color2]Self explanatory[/color]
[color=color1]username:[/color] [color=color2]Simple[/color] [/size][/align]

Profiles

[color=color1][b]Username:[/b][/color] [color=color2]Pretty self-explanatory[/color]

[color=color1][b]Name:[/b][/color] [color=color2]The characters name[/color]

[color=color1][b]Series of Origin:[/b][/color] [color=color2]Whatever your character is from. Be it movie, cartoon, anime, video game, book, magazine, web comic, whatever. You can use OC's, but they are from Earth and will not be from a work of fiction.[/color]

[color=color1][b]Starting Location:[/b][/color] [color=color2]The place your character is starting off at. Remember they'll appear there with no knowledge of things.[/color]

[color=color1][b]Appearance:[/b][/color] [color=color2]Picture or description, I don't care. One thing I DO hate, though, is try to avoid using a picture of a well-known character for an OC. Like using a a picture of Naruto for an OC. Also, no real life images.[/color]

[color=color1][b]Biography:[/b][/color] [color=color2]YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING SUBSTANTIAL! If you put something STUPID like "He doesn't remember", or "He doesn't like to talk about it", you will get a kick to the face. And be warned, I will be wearing my custom combat boots with a big "BANNED" stamp stenciled on the bottom. The Bio is not information everyone knows right away, we would have to find about it the hard way, by playing with you. So, the Bio is just there to help you organize your characters past so you DO have something to say about him/her. Minimum 1 paragraph, of at least 7 sentences.[/color]

[color=color1][b]Personality:[/b][/color] [color=color2]This is here so you have a guideline for how your character will respond to situations. [/color]

[color=color1][b]Abilities:[/b][/color] [color=color2]DETAILS PLEASE! Everything from how high your dude can jump to how far he can spit. (however, if those are the extent of his powers....XD) For example, let's use the example of Naruto. Don't just put "Can ninjutsu and ninja stuff. Be extremely detailed in this, the more information the better. And if you link a wiki, I will hurt you. Badly. Please also list any weapons they carry and what they can do.[/color]

[color=color1][b]Combat Tactics:[/b][/color] [color=color2]This is actually optional, but I would appreciate it if it was put here. This will allow me to determine how well you understand your character's fighting potential, and whether or not if you will god-mod. This is where you write down how your character fights. [/color]
Locations

The Map of the New United States

Much of the United States has been altered by the strange being's magic. The land is almost completely flat, though has some raised and lowered sections, and has been turned into an inhospitable wasteland of a home. Most of the humans who survived Earth's downfall survive quite well in the new land. The United States has split into separate states, each governing themselves. While there is a small number of people living outside the cities, such as a few farmers or recluses, most people live in the cities marked on the map. Raiders and bandits constantly roam the countryside as well, which makes the cities, a place of protection, a much safer place to live in than normal. The cities have a rather friendly relation with each other, trading regularly, though migration to other cities is discouraged and sometimes outright banned. The people of the cities regularly leave their homes to look for supplies and collect food from farms nearby. The cities own certain amounts of land and have borders with the other cities, though the borders aren't enforced, they're simply the maximum distance scavengers from the city are willing to go to collect supplies.

List of Cities:

Safe Haven: A fairly large town, populated mostly by regular people and with a few defenders within the city. However the city is extremely well armed, having things such as assault rifles and rocket launchers to use upon it's foes, making it's few defenders difficult to overcome.

Phoenix: The remains of the city Phoenix that was rebuilt. It has strong walls and is very distrusting of outsiders. The reason for this is in the wake of the destruction of most of the Earth, the people residing here turned to God for their faith. Anyone wishing to enter must renounce all their beliefs and convert to Phoenix's religion. As well, each day every person must pray for one hour in the streets of Phoenix. Though these are troubling for any newcomer, Phoenix is one of the safest cities to reside in, boasting a large supply of guns to dissuade most bandits or raiders.

The Hub: A small town focused on trading with other cities. It has very few defences, but it's quite wealthy in resources gained from trading, so it pays off raiders and bandits to leave them alone. Despite it's small size it's quite influential, and the people living in The Hub are well off.

The following cities are not open as of yet. This is to prevent population being spread too thinly and involving too many locations at once. Once there are enough players, we will all have a vote to decide which location to open up to play first.

No Man's Land: A large wasteland. It's populated with several small settlements by various bandits, raiders, and thief groups, all constantly raiding each other and other cities. It's very dangerous in this area, so it'd be best to watch your step.

Rottingham: Under construction.

Shackleford: Under construction.
Reserves:

name: Huskar
starting location: The Hub
series: Dota 2
username: Hukalakanaka

Relationships

Here is where I will put relationships between certain characters. Please PM me if you would like to add something to this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff