Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Poster

User Image

Phi raised an eyebrow as the man started listing off nicknames and aliases. "hmmmm...I'll just call you cowboy for now, what with the duster and the fancy revolver you got there" the names he gave out, burned man and divide, literally flew straight over her head. Though that was normal. After all she was a vault dweller, she knew the capital wasteland fine, but it didn't really benefit to give any mind to anywhere beyond that. Infact given how they were literally on the opposite coast the only people who would know ANYTHING about the west would be the brotherhood and any enclave remnants wandering around. Simply put no one knew what the heck the NCR or any of that stuff was, and it was foolish to think they did. Out here Cary's over cautiousness was very much unnecessary. "no clue what your talking about. I did see a man get burned once, then again thats what you get for walking into a raider camp with just a hunting rifle" she said with a small chuckle, though quickly stopped realizing how morbid it was. "as for Divide...well I got a list of dirty jokes I could pull off the top of my head, but I doubt thats what you had in mind" she said as they hit the atrium. She stopped for a moment, wondering whether she should take him to the overseer right away or not. Her attention was pulled away when he asked the vaults history. "Vault 101, you were born here, you will die here, because nobody enters, nobody leaves....well atleast thats how it used to be back then. To be honest most everyone was just living their lives for the most part. Life down here was the closest you could get to pre war life just about anywhere. though 10 years ago...our doctor...James...he left, and things went crazy, a god damn civil war broke out over whether or not it was right to leave the vault or not or if we should stay locked in. Well ultimately Jame's son came back, alot of people blamed him for everything that happened, but even then he still helped us, The old Overseers daughter took over and ever since we've been venturing out into the wastes and over the past ten years we've adapted to be just as compitent as any other settlement, better even. You know if you want somplace safe to settle down you should consider staying here. We used to have small population issues you know, but ever since we've opened our door thats never really been a problem" she explained.

"hey don't dat b*tch look kind of familiar?" a voice from near the school asked as Avani passed by. "no you idiot she's....wait a second....the hell...thats Avani...Hey you B*tch get back here!" the other voice called. Suddenly the woman would see two men running after her, both with shotguns in their hands. At first they might have looked like raiders, but they were to well armed, to well armored....they were slavers. The reason Rose and the other vault dwellers knew not to go near the school, is because the thugs at Paradise falls had turned it into a secret operating base once the other settlements started regularly launching attacks against the actual Paradise Falls. And these two men new Avani very well, they had been two of her handlers before she escaped.

Dangerous Spotter

User Image
Elenor Rose
Company: Bob, Target. Amazon, Saans, another new guy.

Elenor wondered if Bob paid attention to every thing that happened around him. She was ignoring her Pip Boy while she watched the other woman opening up the crab. Cooking wouldn't have been much of an issue for her. Infact she was going to offer to help cook the meat. First they needed a fire. It wasn't till Bob had used a flare gun of sorts to ignite some wood. A rather interesting method to making a fire but it would work. Of course just when she was going to help out music started playing on her Pip Boy. This caused Bob to do something random. Random she didn't mind usally. This case was a bit diffrent.

Not having a clue how to dance she went along with it till the song ended. Once it eneded she right away forced her self out of his hands and looked him in they eyes. "If you ever do something like that again. You wont like the results." Saying in a semi harsh tone before she walked away from him and moved to sit on a counter. Starting to mess with her Pip Boy. Not looking to bob again for the moment. He focus was on turning off the radeo from the pip boy while she calmed her self down. If he had simply asked before just grabbing her. Maybe it wouldn't have bothered her as much.

Business Tycoon

XXXX
Traveling: Phi inside the Vault
XXXX

Cary had figured it a long shot to begin with, but it became a habit as he User Imagetraveled across the Wastes to ask about the topics, you could hear valuable information, no matter likely someone may have a connection as long as you ask. There was only a chuckle to bear had, but probably not heard outside the helmet when she mentioned dirty jokes, Vault Dwellers did have to entertain themselves after all. He disregarded his previous question when he heard her answer him, the story was interesting, it sounded filled with action and drama both. It gave him pause when she nicknamed him Cowboy and added a new name to the list, then she offered him to settle down here if he ever felt like it, no doubt he could provide good skills here and do his share of the upkeep while helping keep them safe, but he had a few adventures left to complete before he could consider settling down, "It's a nice offer, one I'd consider, but I have to be ready, there's someone I need to find and a place I need to visit, things I need to learn out there across the Country of Wastes as I call it, so much knowledge I figure it's a justified pursuit for the betterment of us all in the long run of things, someone has to do it, might as well use my skillset to do it." He said as they paused in a hall, he knew not where they were going, but knew there was probably someone interested in seeing him considering it was clear he wasn't from around here by the questions he asked and lack of loyalty to any particular faction, even his own employers.

Shy Healer

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Avani White - "!F[_]"
Entourage: Two men
Activity: Being confronted by rai slavers

Shotguns... Melee was extremely dangerous, but not impossible if she used cover - even still she drew her pistol first and dodged behind a nearby rock, firing a pair of shots at each of their arms even before bothering to check whom or what they were.

"I will disassemble you piece by piece - your screams are my sweetest nectar - the target you have chosen... is not for you. You are... mine."

They may have handled her before, they may have helped teach her a little humility, but Avani wasn't the same unarmed little girl in a slave collar she used to be - this meeting was just so much better than the molerat she had encountered moments before... she had been looking for these two for a lot longer and was hoping to keep one of them alive to suffer for a long, long time...

(X)

Quotable Poster

User Image

Wasteland Bob

Theme Song: Mighty Mighty Man
Company: Target, Elenor, Saans, Meryl, and the new guy.

Bob danced along with Elenor enthusiastically, a big smile plastered on his face though it was hidden by the mask. Not once did he pick up on any discomfort or anger from Elenor until the song stopped and she suddenly pushed him away. "huh?" he asked tilting his head to the side, clearly not understanding what the problem was. After all she had danced along for the entire 5 minute song, so it was kind of odd she would suddenly be all hostile now. "oh gosh I'm sorry Ele, I guess I went and did something terrible. My bad" he said. Ironically enough his ever present happy attitude and cheerful voice actually made his apology seem less genuine than it actually was, but there really wasn't anything he could do about it. He saw her walk away and refuse to look back at him, and scratched his head in confusion. "hmmmmm...." he muttered, trying to figure out what the problem was. "oh I get it now, you prefer ballroom dance don't you? Jeez here I am forcing a proper lady into a swing dance, my apologies, next time I'll wait for a slower song to come on so we can do it right" he said giving her an enthusiastic thumbs up. Honestly that was the best he could come up with as far as why she was so upset.

Quotable Poster

User Image

Phi nodded in understanding. "makes sense I suppose. Alot of the younger guys end up taking that kind of stance, wanting to leave the dusty old vault behind to go explore the big wide world. Most of them come running back with their tails tucked between their legs the first time they spot a death claw or yao guai, but every once in a while there comes a person who really makes it and becomes an explorer. To be honest I can't handle not having a warm bed to come back to at the end of the night so adventuring was never my style, but I aint gonna blame you for it" she said as she motioned for him to follow, figuring they might as well go to the Overseer's office after all. "oh and speaking of finding someone, if you happen to see someone you like down here. Don't be ashamed to go....well get more comfortable with them if you will. Like I said we used to have population issues, in fact we had less then a hundred people down here. So one of Amata's solutions was to encourage mating with people from the outside, to prevent any accidental inbreeding down the line, keeping the gene pool from stagnating you know? She gives extra rations and work breaks to those who are pregnant, and the place is like one big family, so most women don't really care about guys running off after they're done since they don't have to worry about the baby getting taken care of" she said, flashing him a coy smile. She remembered when she was just a little girl, before they actually let people in permanently, the situation was alot more desperate, where they would basically sex up whoever came by to trade then turned around to kick them back out. Obviously now they were in a situation were they could afford to let people settle down and make families but....well old habits were hard to break.

Eventually the neared the overseers office, and they heard shouts coming from inside. "dammit Amata whats the point of staying on the fence about it? you hate em, we hate em, hell they try to gun down anything flashing yellow and blue out there anyways. So why not join up?" the instantly recognizable voice of three dog yelled. "look I told you we're not a real military force. Yeah we can handle ourselves, but thats mostly because we're intrenched in giant indestructible box. Just because we send our own out to gather some experience doesn't mean they all come out grizzled war veterans who can bring down entire armies by themselves...we're not all superhuman you know...we're not all him.....plus we have to keep this place safe. There are families down here, kids, innocent people. Your right we are allready a target, but we're not a threat...once we make ourselves one they'll find a way in here, and I'm not gonna have that kind of blood on my hands!" Amata shouted back. "your right about one thing. They will find a way in here eventually, and when they do you're gonna wish you had spent less time hiding and more time fighting the good fight, because your gonna find yourself trapped with no allies to back you up" Three Dog retorted, storming out of her office straight past Phi and Cary. "yeah well last I checked your trapped right down here with us! your lucky we even let you in after what happened to the last settlement you holed up in!" she shouted after him, leaning out the door and seeing Phi and Cary. A look of embarrassment and frustration came over her face and she leaned back against the door frame. "ummm...Overseer?" Phi asked. "What is it Phi?" she snapped, still not having calmed down from their argument. "well we picked up a roaming carvan, and this guy here seems pretty skilled, and I have no clue what he's talking about, but whatever it is makes it sound like he has a pretty decorated past. So I was thinking maybe he could...." "good" she interjected, stepping up to the man. "I need a big favor from you. Go find three dog and go see if you can do something for him to get him to shut up. He keeps going on about the resistance and the good fight, and he knows we can spare any of our own guys but he keeps going on and on trying to pressure me.....and honestly I'm this close to kicking him out so....just...help him out or something...I can pay you if thats what you want I....I just can't deal with this right now" she asked, clearly looking over worked and desperate.

Quotable Poster

The slaver cursed under their breaths when Avani ducked behind a rock, and immediately they began shooting at her cover, trying to scare her out. "come on out you little slut....we aint gonna kill you, no that would be to damn easy" they said moving closer. Suddenly she fired two shots at them, one merely grazed the man's shoulder not doing much, but the other guy got hit dead in the arm causing his arm to go limp and the gun to slide out of his hand. "f*ck f*ck f**************ck! this damn b*tch just broke my arm!!!" he cursed as he clutched his arm. They looked up as she began giving her big threatening speech, but it only proved to piss them off more. "oh you really think your tough sh*t now that you've been out on your own huh? well guess what you aint gonna be doing any of that sh*t, cuz we're dragging your a** back to old uncle Eulogy, but before that I think we're gonna have a little fun with you. Gnash go get the others, and make sure we have the mattresses all squared up nice and pretty, they're about to see some use" he said, hardly being subtle about his intentions. The crippled slaver nodded and headed back towards the school to alert the others, while the one still there picked up his friends shotgun and began dual wielding them, firing wildly at the woman, hoping to keep her behind cover until the others showed up and they could surround her.

Business Tycoon

XXXX
Traveling: Phi, Overseer of Vault 101
XXXX

He couldn't help but accept to help with the re-population efforts so to speak, sexUser Image was one commodity he didn't come across a lot of after leaving the NCR. A commodity he probably wouldn't be openly offered much in the future either. "Yeah, maybe you can help me set something up for that, I wouldn't mind helping out while being helped out." he said evenly as if it was just more business. When they arrived at the Overseers office he had bumped shoulders with Three Dog, a voice he heard tuning through stations but didn't get much chance to listen to, being that he always needed to be focused. Cary waited quietly while exchanges happened between Phi and the Overseer, when she offered money to go talk to the man and see what was needed he nodded his head curtly and turned to Phi, "Mind telling me where I'm headed to find this guy? I'm still a bit new here." Time was of no thing to waste, fighting and rebelling was something he did well, and gathering favors for his coming quest West would be a smart move on his part. You could never have too many influential, rich, or powerful people on your side. Cary had his goals set, though detours were a somewhat welcome distraction, also necessity for gather followers.

Quotable Poster

User Image

To be honest Phi was a bit surprised he so readily accepted the offer. After all when she heard "the Canaanite" her mind immediately went to religion and she figured he was probably somewhat of a religious man if that was his nickname. And most religious people she had met weren't exactly into one night stands with the intended purpose of fathering a b*****d child, but then again there were alot of freaky new religions out there, she had seen them first hand. "well I'm sure something can arrange something, though we should focus on what Three Dog has to say first" she said, giving the man a sly wink. He was kind of robotic, but it hard not to think the guy was cool. After all the outfit just screamed grisseled cowboy robot badass. "come on, obviously since he has to worry about the radio broadcast he takes the room closest to the surface." she said leading him out of the overseers office and across the small bridge the connected to two walkways over the attrium and went into the room across from the Overseers office. It was about half the size of the overseers office, and before Three Dog showed up it really was just storage space, or temporary shelter when they needed it. Three Dog was inside sitting at his desk, a whole bunch of radio equipment and assorted other crap cluttering the room. "look I'm just saying we can't just sit around and hope the brotherhood doesn't run out of things to preoccupy themselves with. Eventually they're gonna prioritize attacking the vau-..oh hey Phi, sorry I thought you were Amata for a second, and who's your boy? I've seen alot of different power armors in my day, but none that looked so slimming" he commented, swiveling around to greet them.

Shy Healer

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Avani White - "!F[_]"
Entourage: Two men
Activity: Attackimg a slaver

The foolish thing about dual wielding shotguns is their astonishingly low clip size - and it makes them horrendously difficult to reload... when the other fellow started his retort speech her blade was already charging behind cover.

One.

She knew if she timed this wrong it would be fatal or worse, but she was taking this one - he was the one she wanted alive.

Two.

His guns were empty - he probably had a backup, but he was already basically in melee range, that's the only spot shotguns are effective.

Three.

Her eyes were nearly lost in rage as her form twisted from behind cover, her powergrip both clamping to the hilt of blade - he may not have even noticed when she stepped out, seeing as she did it just as he would have started reaching to try to reload.

The blade had nearly no weight to it - a thin bar of some sort of alloy, the best she could find or make - acted as the meat of the blade, but it was otherwise featherweight. Swinging it mercilessly to sever both his arms and legs, she was determined to leave them cauterised and drag him as a quadriplegic test subject for her more gruesome experiments.

As her memory of the attack faded to black, the last thing she remembered after a scream of either panic or agony from the male slaver was her own voice... with all the warmth drained from the tone she was reminded of every other monster in the wastes...

"Mine... forever."

(X)

Business Tycoon

XXXX
Traveling: Phi, Three-Dog
XXXX

It was hard for him to remember how to show proper emotion, both because it User Imagehad been blocked by keeping his helmet on for so long, and that he had been trained otherwise, if he had reacted he probably would have smiled at her wink, she did follow his style exactly though, work was always first. The Big Bomb changed everything, it shook his faith learning about it, and made him question life itself, it was a big reason he started his travels, to find the truths in the world. When following her after the wink he did note that even under her big clothing, you couldn't help but notice what would be an obviously good figure, one of those things about surviving the Wastes, you tend to stay in shape or get dead fast. "I agree, where there's money you can probably find me these days." he said with a twinge of sadness to his voice, he never pictured himself much of a mercenary but they all needed Caps to stay alive these days. As they entered the room that belonged to Three-Dog he heard him speaking and apologize for the confusion, then turned his sly style of talk onto Cary, this made the Ranger obligated to extend a hand for shaking, "Unfortunately, not Power Armor, does the job nearly as well, most of the same functions, and a lot lighter, though I've heard rumors of some similar armors like mine, a bit more done up though, I'll chase them down one day and be fully on par with the Brotherhood troublemakers." He knew from a glance that Three-Dog was a man to be trusted, no one cared that much about rebellion and fighting for the people without a good semblance of Honor and Morals. "I heard you might be looking for a revolutionary, I have a good resume, though I don't know what it's good for out here." He said gradually finding that not a lot of people knew about the NCR beyond the basics of their function, if that. Much less his background with Joshua Graham and the Mojave.

pdragon619 generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 1!

Quotable Poster

User Image

The crippled slaver quickly bust into the front door of the school "hey everyone get your asses out here, we got a real treat on our hands" he called out to them. Suddenly he heard a chuckle from one of the large cages in the front entrance of the school. Inside was a lone woman, her hands handcuffed to the bars, she she laughing at him smugly, her head turned down. "laugh all you want b*tch, but your about to have some company soon, and your damn lucky your more use to us alive or I would have planted one right between those pretty eyes of yours" he said leaning forward and spitting on her as the rest of his mates, about 9 came together.

The Slaver firing the dual shotguns was going crazy, his dual shotgun wielding glory had really gotten to his head, and he hadn't thought about what he was gonna do when his clips ran dry. Ofcourse that moment of realization came when he heard the disappointing clicks coming from his guns. "well s**t I guess I'll just have to use my...." he was cut off however as suddenly the two shotguns dropped to the ground...along with his own forearms. "...hands?" he exclaimed, dumbfounded. Just as quickly he found himself on his back, his legs gone. It took a minute for the pain to kick in, but once it had boy did he scream.

unfortunately Avani would find her black out interrupted by the sound of 8 safties being switched off. In her blood rage induced haze the other slavers had managed to slip around her, all with their guns trained on her, putting her in an impossible situation. "you b*tch you cut off my F8CKING ARMS! YOU CUT OFF EVERYTHING!" the slaver on the ground screamed. "kill her, kill her now!" he shouted, but the other slavers smiled and shook their heads. "naw I think we have other plans, just now we aint gonna be so gentle" the now comparatively less crippled slaver said. "drop your weapon. NOW!" he shouted.

(allright this is how things will work. your luck is 4, so if I role a 4 or lower a miracle will happen and you will be saved, if not your gonna get captured by the raiders. Note this is for the purpose of the quest Cary is getting set up for, so if you don't get a 4 I will godmod so you get captured regardless of what you do)

NefiraDaxie rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Shy Healer

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
((Fair enough - I was fine with either outcome. Avani is meant to be dark - I do fully expect her to die eventually. Probably by Brotherhood.))

Quotable Poster

(allready, rolled, and I'll handle the miracle, had something planned

edit: and seeing what you rolled I think you might want to stick with mine)

Quotable Poster

User Image

Phi simple nodded and waved it off, knowing both he and Amata had good points, and that they were both starting to get worn out from their clashing. Three Dog took the man's hand and shook readily. "I see, you sound like a man who knows his stuff....and I'm not really sure, but I can see something in you. Its the way you stand, it the posture of a man who say 'I'm the one who can get stuff done', I like that" he said allready starting to think. "but anyways how rude of me to not to introduce myself....I am...Three Dog...jockey of disks, and teller of truth, voice of the voiceless, and apparently the only one in vault 101 who gives a damn about fighting the good fight" He said, clearly a bit frustrated about the last part. "but anyways lets skip the credentials cause this ones urgent. You see the tattered rags the people wear are like a shrouded shield for the resistance. The brotherhood can't weed us out, because we're hidden amongst the normal population. Though the only problem with that is that means freedom fighters don't get no special treatment anywhere, and they aint immune to the normal dangers every day folk go through. One of those issues apparently being slavers, and you know the saying 'it gets the best of us'? well that sh*t took a real literal turn for the worst. As one of our best fighters, Velvet Scar, got kidnapped by those Paradise Falls assholes. I don't even know how they got her, but they did, and if the managed to actually ship her off to Paradise Falls and from there to god knows where, well then we're pretty plum ********. She's one of the most competent fighters I've ever seen, the girls a demon, but we need your help getting her back. I've heard rumors around the vault that those slavers set up shop in the old school in springvale, not even a few blocks outside the vault, but Amata won't even send out a squad to go try to retrieve her. says 'its to risky', like she's really afraid of a bunch of slaving punks.....look I'm not usually this trusting, but your the first person I've seen in a week not tagged in blue and yellow, so your the only one I can even ask to do this. Please get her back, and trust me you'll know her when you see her...she's pretty...hard to miss I'll say."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff