Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Smoker

9,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
För kriget det kan Förgöra en man. Men vem saknar mig?

[Where am I?]
Near Oasis ←←
[Who do I march with?]
a scientist, an enclave boy, and a vault dweler ←←
[What is my current objective?]
time to say hello! ←←

Dameon pulled the bag up close to his face looking over every single thing about its contents before dropping the bag down again."Well he appears to be an elderly man wrinkles graying hair balding, all that jazz. The wound on his neck appears to have been made with a very sharp blade perhaps that sickle that this woman was carrying with her. Judging by the color of the blood and contraction of the muscles around the incision he's been dead for only a very short time, nowhere outside of 12 hours at most." he said listing every detail he had seen in the remains of the elderly man. "So did we pass the test?"

pdragon619

FiendSanctuary123

NefiraDaxie

BenjaminTheDragonBeast

Wildberry Flavored Condom

Shy Healer

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Avani White - "!F[_]"
Entourage: Oasis envoy
Activity: Keeping her promise... though getting more suspicious

Avani may not know much about small communities, but she knew what prejudice was - the way this rounded male looked at them, the question he posed to them, the clear almost slow way he was talking with them... that he was paying significantly more mind to the men than either her or Camellia...

Avani was already tired of the way this conversation was going. Seeing as she was the only person foolish enough to have stepped forward into closer firing range as per their request she had hoped that he would pay her at least some mind, even if Dameon had foolishly irritated the wasp nest with his actions.

"Sir, please, this place is closer to Paradise Falls than would be safe for any woman - night is when they hunt - if you don't provide us shelter we may not be able to defend ourselves... I - we - would not want us being turned away now to draw attention to your door." Watching the man's face she followed up her plea by standing very, very still and trying to make certain her nervous body language didn't conflict with her words.

(X)

Doctor Wolfington MD

pdragon619

FiendSanctuary123

BenjaminTheDragonBeast

3,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
"The Sap will purify your mind and body..."

Company: Elm and travelers

Cedar the Treeminder

It was getting late, Cedar was tiring, and his mind couldn't figure any more questions to ask the group. If these were bandits, they had put an amazing act on. He heard the woman speak of Paradise Falls, a place he only heard of... one of many terrible place he had heard of outside of Oasis. His soft side kicked in- like it always did- but he stayed cautious and replied, "You may enter Oasis. Give all you weapons to Elm over here... if you try to attack any of our peaceful people we will kill you." He said in a protective tone."You will be given your weapons back once you leave... when you are done with that follow me. We only have two spare cots for the women but we do have more extra blankets for you men."

The gates opened to Oasis.

Shy Healer

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Avani White - "!F[_]"
Activity: Surprised it worked... however...

A sigh of relief passed Avani's lips the moment permission to enter was given, having not yet processed that she was requested to rescind ALL her weaponry while inside; carefully taking her blade and spent laser pistol from her supplies she laid them face up in the palm of her now cupped hands, forgetting entirely about the modified hydraulic gauntlets she was wearing...

Presenting the weaponry to Elm she made special note of her blade to the fellow: "Please be gentle with that metal rod - the metal can be easily damaged and it's very hard to fix." After he had taken the pistol and 'metal rod' she would try to pass by the fellow, perhaps giving a blank stupefied look if he suggested giving up her gloves.

(X)

Doctor Wolfington MD

pdragon619

FiendSanctuary123

BenjaminTheDragonBeast

3,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
Albireo of the Crimson Dawn

I am currently: Standing outside of Oasis

I am with: The Vault Dweller, !F[_], The Merc, and The Ghoul

Albireo was not pleased with the prospect of being deprived of his only and most precious weapon, considering staying outside in the dangers of the wastes as a better option to turning over what he viewed as the true container for his soul. He had spent nine years working to get the perfect design and quality, the result was something he not only took pride in but also cherished vary deeply. But then an idea struck him, it wasn't a great idea but if it didn't work he could still remain outside.

When the treeman tried to ask for the spear, Albireo replied, "You wouldn't deprive a cripple of his walking stick would you?" He acted as if his right leg was lame and since it was well hidden below his crimson robes it could have been for all they knew. Hopefully the ruse would stand and the others wouldn't blow it for him.

pdragon619

NefiraDaxie

Doctor Wolfington MD

FiendSanctuary123

Shirtless Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Zeran-Shu "Zera" Zyrax-Shi

I'm at Oasis
&
I'm with Ammit-Chan (Avani), Teddy (Camelia), Sergeant Sardonic (Dameon), Rambo (Albireo), Ezekiel (Cedar)

User Image

“Oh give it a rest Rambo, it makes perfect sense what he is asking, I’d be asking the same if I was in his position, and even then: if you can’t kill anyone you fight weaponless, then you really do deserve to die.” It was a brutal theology, but Zera didn’t need his Power Fist or his Gauss Rifle to kill someone, especially if they didn’t wear Power Armor. While everyone in the Wasteland should be capable of defending themselves unarmed, part of Zera’s harsh training involved being put in a scenario where he had no weapons or armor and he needed to kill several targets, some of them armed with anything ranging from brass knuckle to plasma rifles, and what first began as simulations evolved into actual killings of raiders and other folk who were kidnapped to be used as for actual real living simulations. While it would be quite troublesome, Zera had gone against bad odds like these where the odds were stacked heavily against him, and made it out with the skin of his teeth through a combination of skill and determination, and in a few rare cases where his bad luck turned into surprisingly good luck. In short, Zera was positive that if things turned for the worse, he could make it out of here alive and in one piece, weapons or not, plus they hadn’t asked him to take away his armor, which was a bonus. Handing his Gauss Rifle (emptying it of all its ammo beforehand, just in case) and his Power Fist over to Elm, he leaned over the man’s shoulder and whispered in his ear, “I have memorized the condition of my weapons, and if they don’t return in the same condition, well imagine you and your family as my weapons: the difference in their condition from now until then… will be applied to you and your folks.” With that said, he walked over to the one who seemed to be in charge, and replied, “Those accommodations will be more than enough, thank you. I presume we can discuss the vault girl’s possible sanctuary and the subject of our female assailant in the morning… unless you wish to do so now?”

pdragon619

NefiraDaxie

Doctor Wolfington MD

BenjaminTheDragonBeast

3,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

Albi growled bitterly at the man in power armor, trying to come up with an appropriate insult when he decide that violence was the only language this brute spoke. The urge was too powerful to resist and so the monk lashed out with one well aimed and quick jab at the armored man's midsection. He did it as fast as he could so as not to be noticed and he pulled the punch, he wanted to punish the man for being so inconsiderate to his need to keep his weapon. "Well then, maybe you should remove that troublesome armor too. It is as much a weapon as my walking stick." He pointed out through clenched teeth, the rage inside him almost literally steaming from his ears. He would continue his lame leg ruse until the tree people decided to take his spear or not.

pdragon619

NefiraDaxie

Doctor Wolfington MD

FiendSanctuary123

Shirtless Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Zeran-Shu "Zera" Zyrax-Shi

I'm at Oasis
&
I'm with Ammit-Chan (Avani), Teddy (Camelia), Sergeant Sardonic (Dameon), Rambo (Albireo), Ezekiel (Cedar)

User Image

“Well your arm is a weapon too, if we’re going to get technical. Want me to remove it for you? I promise it will only hurt as much as that punch was ineffective,” Zera answered, having been paying attention to the monk and moving backward enough so that the blow that did manage to hit him, felt akin to a hard slap on the chest more than anything. The fact that the monk had lashed out after just one comment ensured that Zera was not at all impressed with the monk’s patience… or lack thereof, and whom who seemed to have a dislike of him for nothing more than wearing Power Armor. Seriously, he would love to see this guy try to take the challenge of a plasma rifle shot to the chest without Power Armor (and that means not dodging the blow) and see if his bravado could stand. Zera was not stupid and he knew his limits, which was why he used the Power Armor in the first place; genetic enhancements only went so far, and nobody was invincible after all, most certainly not Zera. At this point, Zera considered that instead of continuing to rant at the monk, he would try diplomacy, seeing as there was a good chance this would devolve into a confrontation the last thing they needed. “Look, I'm sorry about antagonizing you ever since we've met, I admit we might have gotten on the wrong foot, with no help from my attitude and my first impression of you, but while you are a part of the group we have to work together for the benefit of the group. You can hate me all you like, I have no qualms with that, but don’t ruin it for the others, especially for the girl: this is her best bet to surviving her year-long pilgrimage.”

pdragon619

NefiraDaxie

Doctor Wolfington MD

BenjaminTheDragonBeast

3,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

Albireo let out a distasteful growl at the man. Had he forgotten that he had just undermined his attempt to keep his most prized possession? No, though he knew this was not the time nor place for infighting, Albireo was not letting this go. "I appreciate your apology, but actions speak louder than words. Remember: Water that has reached its level does not flow." He concluded vaguely before addressing the TreeLeader and the rest of the group. "I will be staying outside this place, if anything goes wrong... just... yell loudly or something." The monk said with a displeased grumble and sat down a short ways away.

Sitting alone in the meditative style of his people, legs crossed and hands resting on the knees with palms up, Albireo closed his eyes and let his mind empty. He had not meditated in over a week and his attitude showed it. He kept letting his temper get away and it may soon become a problem if he didn't fix it now. Soon he was back home, the mental image of his village perfectly remembered. He could smell the rice fields, the sweat of the training monks, and the aromas of the food being prepared. He heard the metallic and wooden thunks that rang from the practice dummies that the students kicked and punched, all in time with each other. The memories filled his being... and was at peace.

pdragon619

NefiraDaxie

Doctor Wolfington MD

FiendSanctuary123

3,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
"The Sap will purify your mind and body..."

Company: Elm and travelers

Cedar the Treeminder

"We'll talk details tomorrow," Cedar said. Elm gulped as he took Zera's weapons and made sure to be extra careful with them along with the others' weapons. Cedar and Elm both watched the two men argue and finally come to some common ground when the monk decided to stay outside. "Look after him through the night shift," Cedar murmured to Elm. Elm nodded took the weapons into the guards' hut and locked them up. Cedar then turned to the group,"Now if you would follow me' He led the group along the wide path opening up to an wide area where the pavilion stood. Cedar walked towards the back where he unlocked a door,"This is sleeping storage" Cedar set up the two cots and pointed to the baskets of blankets and pillows on the shelves,"Hopefully this can do. Most of us awake at dawn. Herbal soup is served for breakfast.... it is a time of mourning so please do not disturb my people... good night." Cedar said this and shut the door. He went inside the front of the pavilion, laid down in his cot and fell right into sleep.

Quotable Poster

Camellia Deville

User Image

Camellia's eye lit up as the tree minder granted them access to Oasis. She let out a happy shout and began jumping up and down in joy, forgetting that the front of her jumpsuit was still unzipped. She ran over to Avani and hugged her, "thank you thank you so much Avani. I never would have made it here without you!" she squeeled, sounding as though she had just won the lottery, she then proceeded to hug everyone. Alberio, Dameon, the guard, Father Cedar, even Zera (though it was a lot shorter than everyone elses). She hummed to herself as she dropped off her only weapon, a beat up 10mm pistol, and strolled into Oasis without a care in the world, not even noticing Zera and Alberio's fight. The girl stuck to Avani's side like glue, finally zipping back up her jump suit, and as they entered the pavillion the girl's eyes went wide, ooing and ahing at all the beautiful plants and trees around them. It really was a paradise. They followed Cedar into the sleep storage and watched as he set up the cots. When he had finished she hugged the large man again. "thank you so much for allowing us to stay, I don't know what would have happened to me if you hadn't. I'll never forget this ever" she told him, waving as he left. Her perky mood a bit unfitting for the state of mourning everyone was in, but she couldn't help but smile now that they had arrived at their destination. She plopped down on one of the cots and sighed, looking up at Avani and blushing. "umm Avani...you wouldn't mind if I....slept with you tonight...would you?" she asked sheepishly, her shoulders fidgeting a little as she spoke.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Strength: 5
Perception: 3
Endurance: 9
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 9
Luck: 3

NefiraDaxie

FiendSanctuary123

Doctor Wolfington MD

Flyentology

BenjaminTheDragonBeast

Quotable Poster

User Image

Wasteland Bob

Theme Song: Mighty Mighty Man
Company: Meryl, Gaige, Deadshot, and Lore.

Bob chuckled at Deadshot's joke. "nonsense, it would just make you alot easier to hit" he told him. His own sniping abilities wouldn't be affected, he'd just be boosting the sniping abilities of anyone else trying to hit him. Big difference, atleast in Bob's mind. When they arrived in Delmar Bob looked around at all the different weapons people were carrying around, especially the guys in revolutionary gear. "hmmm I guess they're having a war reenactment or something, they used to do that alot back before the war...at least I think they did, its a little fuzzy." he said, having only very vague, and mostly obscure, memories of pre war America. Suddenly a group of the uniformed guys spotted them all gawking and glared at them. "Hey you guys got a problem or something!?" one of them yelled. "no, we're just wondering why your wearing those goofy outfits!" Bob called back cheerfully, not understanding that he had probably just pissed them off more
Gaige sighed and hopped off of Death Trap and quickly ushered the others away from Bob. "come on he dug the hole, lets not get buried with him" she muttered. It was clear even to Gaige that from the sheer number of guys dressing the same that meant they held some sort of authority here, whether police or military of some kind it wasn't smart to just insult them freely like Bob had, poor b*****d probably didn't even know he did anything to. Gaige grabbed Lore and Deadshot and they quickly ducked into a store called "Muntz's Munitions" just as the group approached Bob. "whew that was close" she muttered, having left Death Trap outside just in case they got violent with Bob, after all she wasn't that heartless that she would completely abandon him. "you folks need something?" a man asked from behind a counter. He was busy welding some metal parts together, and barely looked up at the group, thinking they were just some of his usual costumers.

User Image

Umbra_Deatie

Rosemary_Red

rokuken

Blessed Fairy

Loretta/ Lore
User Image

As she got off the boat, Lore felt like that she was leaving safely for a place full of danger. She managed to get over to Deadshot once they were on dry land and whisper to him.

"Hey, we need to talk." She said very quietly to him. " I know we don't know each other that well but if I go over to Bob I'm sure he'll start yelling. Anyway, I think we have been watched over by someone or somethings, I can feel it. I've only been to Del War once or twice, but I know that being spied on here something very bad could could happen, so keep your mouth shut and your gun ready."

Before he could reply, she walked past him and only glanced up at the sigh before scanning the marsh. As Bob and the brat were talking, she decided to talk to both of them as well.

"Well then, lets not waste time." Lore said to them in a voice that tried to sound cheerful to mask her anxiety. " The faster we find it ,the more time we have to explore."

Shy Healer

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Avani White - "!F[_]"
Activity: Surprisingly calm, preparing to sleep

Avani had chuckled at Camellia's excitement - even managing to refrain from comments about being quiet so the slavers wouldn't look this way for the noise, since she honestly didn't want to worry the young woman to death - and returning the hug when it was given to her. Though Zera and Albiero had an argument it was as though Camellia hadn't heard it at all - and so netted only a 'Behave!' glare from Avani when Camellia was looking elsewhere.

As they followed Cedar into the Oasis Avani couldn't help but gawk at a few of the trees - not raggedy tattered chunks of petrified or mutated tree lumps that could barely have been said to live... these were actual trees, the like she had heard mentioned in history books. "If only I could get a sample..." was all she voiced on her thoughts - and even then only as a whisper to herself.

Cedar eventually stopped in front of a quaint little structure he introduced as a storage room for sleeping supplies - their accommodations for the evening it turned out... not that Avani minded, so long as the structure was securely inside the encampment.

Moving inside she had started gone about half way towards the second cot when Camellia again spoke up. "I - " her mind wandered to Rose earlier... and decided that couldn't be what this younger woman was actually asking, even though the question did remind Avani to remove of the gauntlets she was wearing. Nodding to Camellia she reached for the release mechanisms on the gauntlets - a faint hiss broke the silence as they unclamped from her wrists and she slid her hands from the devices.

"Just please be careful when you wake me in the morning - putting your hands near my wrists, ankles or neck could prompt some... unhappy memories for me."

Grabbing an extra blanket and a pillow of her own she set her gauntlets beneath the pillow where she would rest her head - a physical reminder to her subconscious mind that she was safe.

(X)

Doctor Wolfington MD

pdragon619

FiendSanctuary123

BenjaminTheDragonBeast

Quotable Poster

Camellia Deville

User Image

Camellia's lip quivered a bit when Avani hesitated. Allready Alberio had been so cold towards her, Zera turned out to be a rapist, and now Avani too was gonna push her away. When Avani finally nodded in agreement Camellia smiled happily like a kid who had just been told she'd be getting the puppy she'd allways wanted. Quickly Camellia kicked off her boots and began unzipping her vault jump suit, revealing the small tank top and underwear underneath. When Avani told her not to touch her wrists, ankles, or neck Camellia nodded, taking that as a sign that anywhere else was ok. When Avani sat down on the bed with her Camellia giggled and hugged the woman from behind, pulling her down into bed with her and cuddling up to her as if she was a giant teddy bear. "you know Avani even though your body is really slender, it feels really nice to cuddle with you" she whispered, nuzzling the older woman a bit, perfectly innocent ofcourse. Camellia wasn't even smart enough to have ulterior motives half the time, or at least that's what she made herself look like.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Strength: 5
Perception: 3
Endurance: 9
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 9
Luck: 3

NefiraDaxie

FiendSanctuary123

Doctor Wolfington MD

Flyentology