Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Poster

User Image

Wasteland Bob

Theme Song: Mighty Mighty Man
Company: Target, Elenor, and (gulp)..... her.

Bob nodded along with her suggestion. "indeed, I tried to eat buckshot once, around the time I almost went feral, it wasn't very delicious at all" he said, giving her another thumbs up. "plus I was heading towards Grey Ditch anyways on an errand for someone. How about we get about after I finish up? on me!" he said enthusiastically. He gazed over her shoulder and watched as she bashed on her pip boy to get it working to show a map. "wow a real working pip boy! you must be a vault dweller then. Oh how about turning on GNR on the radio? unless you want to hear me sing the whole way" he said chuckling. He was really lucky to find someone who owned a pip boy, but the it never crossed him as suspicious that it was so banged up. Bob and Target were about to set off with their new companion when suddenly he saw a man sprinting towards them down the bridge, and behind him was a half dozen angry looking mirelurks. "oh no CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAABS!" he shouted dramatically. Bob took Elenor's hand and dragged her off into the nearest safe haven he could think of....the Super-Duper Mart. "woh that was close. good thing mirelurks can't open doors, I hope that guy makes it in time" he said, taking a few steps into the store. Even through his gas mask the stench of death was thick, and there were raider corpses dotting the isle. "ummm HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO....anyone in here!? Raiders...or giant killer amazon women perhaps. I mean its ok if you are, just curious!" he called out through the market, hoping the woman would prove easier to negotiate with than mirelurks.

Quotable Poster

User Image

At the Antonio's response the dark haired man burst out into laughter. "hahahaha...don't know...hehahah...who the brotherhood is...hahhahaha..thats a good one" he said, gently banging his fist on the table a few times. However as he called down he looked at Antonio and a look of surprise came over his face. "Wait...your serious?" he said in astonishment. The man smiled, wiping a tear out of his eye, and slid the steak over to him. "well aint you one lucky son of a b*tch. But I think you may be just the person we were looking for." he said, though he then leaned in close, getting serious again. "Look all you need to know about the Brotherhood of Steel is that they're a bunch of asholes who run around with small d*cks and big suits of power armor. They're the reason this place looks like such a pile of s**t, and the reason why the people are suffering. We're trying to fight back, but we need help, and we think you could assist us" he said, clearly he the man held alot of disdain for the Brotherhood. "when I saw you walking down the street I figured you weren't one of them, guess that was correct in the extreme since you never even heard of them, but there's another reason I picked you out from the dozens of guys walking down the street today, its because you look like the type of guy who can get stuff done. I mean these guys here have heart, but half of them can't shoot straight and I don't think I've seen any of them even pick up a book before. But you..your not dumb, and your helpless. We came to you waving a plate of meat around and the first thing you did was hook your finger into a grenade, and you didn't do it like some jetted up chem addict, you looked disciplined, well trained, had it not been for the wind I wouldn't have even spotted it......so I know you can help us, but the question is are you willing to help us?"

Dangerous Spotter

User Image
Elenor Rose
Company: Bob, Target, Two others she doesn't know. One of them big and scary.
Out of Cookies: Amazons scare Elenor.

She started to speak in a light tone. As usual for her unless she was out to kill somebody. "Actually I am ..." She got cut off when he pulled her by the arm into the store. Droping the gun she had picked up. Once in side she would pull her arm back and grumble to her self. Being inside the store was the last place she wanted to be. And what she was going to hawk was now outisde with the mirelurks. Looking out the door the best she could before turning around and taking in the mess of the building. She knew the other woman was someplace. Knealing down next to one of the dead raiders. PIcking up the revolver they had. Checking how much ammo was inside. She would have three shots. Why use up her ammo when she can use up another persons.

With a frown on her face she looked to Bob. "Between being attacked from behind and now this. My luck really sucks right now." It was kind of true she was rather unlucky. She would get struck twice by lighting in the same place. Maybe even three times if she is having an off day. That was partly why she used knifes over guns. Not much could go wrong when using a knife. At last not as much. She didn't dare touch an explosive if she could help it.

Dangerous Giver

9,300 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊
Antonio Avila
Spotted: In a building right next to Grey Ditch’s dinner
With: With this Man and my Steak
⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊⋉⋊
User Image
Antonio seemed confused a bit as the man burst out loud in laughter as if he told a joke. That soon died down when the person soon figured out it was not a lie. He even seemed surprised by this news, telling the foreigner, it was something people know as if it was part of breathing the air around them. The man went into explaining his version of what the group was and their wrong doing. 'So a rebel group fighting another one that rules them, starting to sound like home.' he thought to himself as he began to work on the steak. At the same time the man began to go in a speech about how he could tell Antonio was the one he waited from guess. Telling him that the others were just grunts with pride. Now the last bit made him freeze for a second as he heard about his actions beginning seen, but it somehow made the man want the help of this random person from the streets.

"I see now and I do thank you for the meal, but I can't just jump in help you out without knowing more of what you need. Like you said I do have a brain and for me to do something must have knowledge to back me up." He said to the man. "If I'm going to help you then they’re going to be conditions. The first one being, that I can pull out at any time that I want without getting a bullet to the back of the head and second I would like work alone if possible." Antonio said to the man hoping might be a nice path for information, hell if he helps this rag tag group take down this other one, it might make taking over of this area much easier.

Packing: A PR sniper rifle & 1911 handgun. 4x frags & 3x Flash
What I look Under

Quotable Poster

User Image

Wasteland Bob

Company: Target, Elenor, and (gulp)..... her.

Bob returned Elenor's frown with a masked smile and an enthusiastic thumbs up. When she mentioned her own bad luck Bob didn't really have anything positive to dispute it with, as he luck really did seem kind of terrible. So instead he opted to change the topic all together. "Has anyone ever told you your really pretty? because your really pretty" he said, trying to lighten her mood since she seemed pretty upset. Target began sniffing around for food, and periodically came back with a box of junk food, or a can of beans. However as he began to search out farther he caught a glimpse of the giant woman, and whimpered off immediately. Suddenly through the halls an old protectron's voice could be heard. "Move. Along. Please" followed by the sounds of its laser being shot repeatedly. "I think Target and our robot friend has found or amazon lady" Bob whispered.

Quotable Poster

User Image

The man nodded a bit, expecting as much from the man. Yet another smart move not to jump into something blindly, despite the fact it meant harder to recruit him, his constant displays of competency were very assuring. "fair enough. As far as your conditions are concerned I can assure you no harm will come to you even if you decide to leave us. We fight for the people of the wastes, and we don't make a habit of gunning down our own, even if they loose faith in the cause. You can have my honor as an ex regulator on that. As for working alone....we'll see. I can't garuantee you'll be able to solo every task we have for you, but we'll try to keep the amount of people with you as low as possible if that makes you more comfortable" he said. "now onto the task at hand. Right now we're working on something pretty big, and if done right we could strike a major blow to the Brotherhood this very night. You see the The Brotherhood of Steel lives to collect old world technology, and ever since they took power they've been shaking down the settlements each month for a "tax" of pre war tech. I'd show you what happens to the people who don't pay the tax, but its hard to tell the difference when they're nothing but ash." he said grimly, implying most people don't survive not paying the tax. "Each month this town scrambles to scrape together enough stuff to pay them off, and as such the people barely have time to collect food or work on their craft, it keeps this place piss poor and in shambles....but thats not the point. The point is we managed to find a working protectron out in the wastes. With it we'd be able to pay off the tax three months over, but we don't plan to give it up to them generously. The brotherhood is strong with their fancy armor and weapons, but thats also their greatest weakness. Most folks can step on a pulse mine and barely feel a thing, but one of those powered armored asholes gets close to one and he's deader than a door nail, plus all of their machines are weak against them to. So we've spent the better part of 6 months scrounging together whatever pulse explosives we could find, and we plan to rig up the protectron with enough of them to wipe out their entire god damn armory" he told him, a spark of fire in the man's eye. "however the last thing we need to get the bomb set up is about ten fission batteries, and one of our brothers from megaton has sent someone over with them, under the guise of using them to pay the tax. However the thing is, and this is were you come in, the courier should have arrived allready, and the Brotherhood comes to collect the tax today, so we don't exactly have time. Also like I said most of these guys here are dumper than post, and while I consider myself educated, I aint a rocket scientist. We have the schematics to assemble the bomb properly on us, but no one knows how to follow them or how to rig explosives or work with robots. So basically what we need you to do is go retrieve the batteries, then either help us rig up the robot, or find someone smart enough to do it themselves (intelligence 8 or higher, or expertise in explosives necessary). So what do you say?" he asked, knowing it was alot to take in.
☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Saans
Traveling with:CRAAAAAAAABS!

Making a sizable gap between himself and the Mirelurks, Saans decided to take a quick look behind him. While it seems that two have lost intrest in him, four were still running towards him. Facing forward again, a noteworthy blue car was spotted in the parking lot of the large store. An idea popped in his head that most would seem crazy and suicidal, which meant it was perfect. Slowing his pace, Saans shot a few more times at the Mirelurks, drawing them closer to the car. He then turned his sights to the car and unloaded rounds into the vehicle. Noticing flames coming out of the car, he turned to run again when it had exploded, sending a ball of fire into the air. Unfortunately, he was a bit too close to the car and was propelled about twenty feet.

He crashed down onto the ground, vision blurred again, this time from a minor concussion. Rolling over, Saans noted the wreckage that he had just caused, yet with a sigh of relief, noted that the Mirelurks were gone. Cursing himself, Saans got to his feet, brushed himself off, and noted that he was precariously low of ammo for his pistol. Four rounds left in the magazine, and four empty mags for his pistol, and four rounds left in his rifle with twenty, already packed in stripper clips.

"Damn.... I need to restock."

Tenderly putting weight on his left leg, he felt pain scream through his body. Saans wasn't crippled yet, but he couldn't afford to use any stims until he could find a somewhat safe place. Realizing that it may not be the smartest choice, but going into the Super Duper Mart would at least give him some cover to tend to his wounds. Hobbling to one of the doors, he entered the building.

Dangerous Spotter

User Image
Elenor Rose
Company: Bob, Target, Amazon Lady, Some new guy.
Out of Cookies: A new face. T.T

She kept a streight face when he complimented her on her looks. At least he used the word prety instead of hot or something like that. Then it wouldn't have mattered how nice he was after that. Elenor considered to speak when the door behind her opened up right on her back. Nocking her to the floor. Her eyes just narrowed as she thought about her luck. Turning on by it self was a radio station on her Pip Boy. Of all the days for it to work. Moaning to her self as she got up to her knees. Using one hand to fix her top as she got to her feet. Looking down the Pip Boy on her arm giving it a good smack but it wouldn't turn off.

Turning she would look to see who was in such a hurry to get inside. Seeing it was a man that looked like he was running for his life. Her guess was it was the Mirelurks outside simply because who would run from drugged up raiders with a rifle like his. Putting her hands to her side she was tempted to smack the guy for nocking her down but she resisted. "So who do we have here?" Asking in a light tone as she bit her lip. Not bothering to shut off her Pip Boy. Knowing it had a mind of its own. At least the map worked more often then not.

Quotable Poster

User Image

Wasteland Bob

Company: Target, Elenor, the new guy, and (gulp)..... her.

Bob didn't really sense the negativity coming from Elenor at his comment, and figured she was just left speechless from his remarkable charm. However they still had to worry about the hulk woman somewhere inside. That though was pushed to the back of his mind as he heard a loud explosion from outside. "what as that?" he asked, looking out a window to see a burnt out husk of a car and 4 dead mirelurks in various degrees of dismemberment. "hope that guy didn't get blown up, now that would be a bummer" he said, as if on que the door swung open, knocking Elenor to the ground. Bob tsked and wagged his finger at the woman. "see there? thats why you never stand infront of doors Ele, people could get hurt that way" he reprimanded cheerfully. He looked up at the man that had arrived and gave him a thumbs up. "nice job. you handled those Lurks like a pro, looks like we'll be having crab legs tonight" he said. Though at the same time he glanced over his shoulder into the market. "you know, I got an idea. If we offer up one of those mirelurks to her, she may think we're friends and join us. I mean we wouldn't have to worry about the mirelurks if we had her with us" he suggested.

When Elenor's pip boy radio came on a familiar voice rang out for it. "Neeeews time chiiiiiiiildren. This is your host three dog OWWWW and your listening to Galaxy News Radio, and we're here...for you....well children I got some good news, and I got some bad news. The good news is your boy Three Dog, bow wow wow, aint taking a dirt nap like everyone thought, the bad news is....well lets just say The Old Republic of Dave forgot to pay its tax....well the typical antics of my former employers aside, good ol Three Dog has lifted up shop and moved again to keep fighting the good fight. Now I can't say were children, cuz old LP might come a knockin', but here's a hint...follow the trees. anyways on to tonight's news. Rumors have sprung up that rebel activity has increased around the major settlements, no one's say exactly who or whats going down, but looks to be something big. Could this be the lead up to the official first shots? who knows, but if you happen to come across a freedom fighter on you way, lend a hand anyway you can. A snack, some ammo, heck just keeping your mouth shut about it helps. The good fight isn't gonna fight itself, and our boys in rags need every man, bullet, and scrap of food they can find if they're gonna stand a chance against the Big Bad Brotherhood."

Original Humorist

9,675 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
▇▇▇▇
I live...
▇▇▇▇
They die...
▇▇▇▇
I Kill...
▇▇▇▇
For strife...
▇▇
▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇★_★

Merylin The "Boomstick" Corra

▇▇▇▇
Company: Bloody Corpses; Mystery beings
Ooc:Chance for interaction, and probably the only post from me today... sad
▇▇▇▇

Meryl sat out of the way of the laser blasts, hiding behind the isle opposite of the thing's direction. The thing drew closer, its arms outstretched and ready to fire once more. The mutant would not allow it however, when an idea came to her mind. She redirected herself behind the second isle, and went through it. She grunted with a fierce zeal, and charged for the metallic wall. She kicked against it, her boot smashing the material and denting it slightly as the piece creaked and snapped. The thing tumbled over, and crushed the robot under it. She could hear the broken voice of the thing, still activated and very well armed. The woman quickly walked over to the malfunctioned bot, and unsheathed her shotgun. Only a mere second had went by before the shell broke the metal shell apart, leaving only a single useful component. Meryl looked away however, when the sounds of voices echoed from the other side of the store. She was sure it could have been more raiders and bandits, and cocked the gun. It was apparent, that they might have possibly be reinforcements. It would be hard to sneak about with so much open space, but at least she'd be able to still get the element of surprise. Meryl stomped lightly, and worked her way over to the isle. She used her new found tactic, and instead of abruptly kicking it over, decided to push it over on top of them.

The mutant sheathed her weapon, and crouched forwards. A wide based allowed her to push it, the woman releasing a grunt as the metal strained. The process was slow, but deliberate. All she needed was momentum, and she then sent the metal tumbling over, hoping that the 'intruders' were unaware just enough to get smashed.
User Image

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Saans
Traveling with:Ghoul, Dog, Amazon Lady, and female (merc from the looks of things)

"Sorry about that miss," Saans apologized. He loosened his face mask and let it drop to his chest."The name is Saans. Saans Ascher Alru'ude Delruude Delsuunes. Again I apologize for knocking you down, but I don't believe it to be safe enough outside to tend to my injuries." He noticed her Pip Boy and kept note of it. Turning around, Saans stared at the ghoul, trying to figure out as to why he wasn't like the others that he had met. He seemed to be fairly jovial at first glance, but that meant that Saans had to be more cautious of him. "Have you two seen any safe spot in here where I can lie low, or stay undiscovered for a bit? He moved towards the opening to the main shopping area and sat down with his back to the wall. The pain in his leg was getting worse. Rather than a sprain, it may have been fractured to a degree, and with his adrenalin fading, he was sure that he wouldn't be able to walk for a bit.He sighed deeply and took off his back pack to look for the doctors bag he had inside.

His eyes popped up at the sound of crashing metal and tried to roll out of the way."MOVE" With his injury though, Saans was too slow and had his already injured leg pinned by the metal Isle rack. He was agile enough to get his rifle ready for the attacker. At this range, and since he was pinned down, his use of a pistol wasn't applicable. His rifle on the other hand, at this distance could rip through even the toughest Death Claw hide.... He would just need to be faster with shooting than the assailant.

Quotable Poster

User Image

Wasteland Bob

Bob looked at the others, his back to the shelf, waiting for their ideas on his proposed soloution. There was a strange grunting sound coming from behind him, but that barely even registered in his head considering all the other stuff going on. Suddenly Target started to whimper and backed away from the shelf, opting to hide behind Elenor's legs. Ignoring his dog's show of concern Bob smiled behind his mask at Saans and gave him a thumbs up. "Hi, I'm Bob" he said, his name comically shorter than his own. "and hey don't mention it. Old Elenor here is sort of a clutz anyways" he said happily, as though Elenor and him had been friends for years."though I wouldn't consider this place very safe, there's this really big woman wondering around inside killing people. She could be anywhere, even RIGHT BEHIND YOU!" he said in a spokey voice. Just at that moment the metal rack came crashing down. In an odd string of luck it seemed the rusted out metal literally disintegrated mid fall, leaving Bob completely unharmed, however it seemed the portion that had fallen on Saans was perfectly fine and pinned him down, very unfortunate. "oh golly" he said turning around to see the huge woman standing infront of them. Everyone else seemed to freak out or take out there weapons, so Bob did the first thing that came to mind, he stuck his hand out for a handshake. "Hi I'm Bob, whats your name?" said in a friendly manner.

(I have a feeling I'm gonna love running this rp because ALL of you took luck as a dump stat, and thats really gonna come back to bite ya)

Dangerous Spotter

User Image
Elenor Rose
Company: Bob, Target, Amazon Lady, Some new guy.
Out of Cookies: Luck is a trait I always put one in. My character may not have luck in new vegas. But by level 49. I have all but four skills maxed out. For this rp it gives her a flaw that can be exploited. Short post but my dinner just got done. xD

The teen wasn't sure what to say in response to Bobs words about her being a clutz but she was cut off when she saw in the refection of her pip boy the rack behind them falling down. Quickly she ran past the new guy and opened the door to the store. Stoping and turning around she sighed. Her mind was partly on the broadcast she listened to. But only partly due to the fact they had to deal with the giant of a woman. About to rise the revolver. Elenore stopped how ever when Bob lifted a hand to greet thier attacker. Thinking to her self on how come Bob had made it this far with how friendly he was.

Original Humorist

9,675 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
▇▇▇▇
I live...
▇▇▇▇
They die...
▇▇▇▇
I Kill...
▇▇▇▇
For strife...
▇▇
▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇★_★

Merylin The "Boomstick" Corra

▇▇▇▇
Company: Bloody Corpses; Mystery beings
Ooc:When strength and power is dominant, luck isn't necessary. Definitely my last post for today. I might get one in before I go to school though
▇▇▇▇

Meryl huffed as her attack had seemed to fail, but realized that something happened in which shouldn't have. The metal seemed to have disappeared into dust, while other parts of it remained. A good chunk of it was avoided by a rather odd looking person, who adorned a trench coat and a radiation suit. Perhaps he was prepared to have face her,but with the mask, exposure was very limited. Sure, she gave off a radioactive wave of her own, but little did she know that it paled in comparison to this individual. Even under the suit, she could feel her skin tingle as the gamma rays emanated from the masked man. She stood there, only for a moment, before she realized that he wasn't hostile, unlike the other two that stood next to him. One had run away, towards the entrance, while the third lay under the fallen metal she had pushed over. What threw her off the most was the gesture the suited man gave her. His arm was stretched out for a greeting, something that the mutant was exactly used to.

The mutant was silent for the small duration, and quickly reached her hand out, her palm overshadowing his by a few inches. Her fingers could reach his forearm, barely. She tried difficulty to not potentially break his hand, gently (by her definition) squeezing his lightly. She shook it once, at the cost of hearing the male's shoulder pop fairly loud. She instantly let go however, as she grabbed at the butt of her shotgun, and could hear the somewhat fading shrieks of the beasts outside. No doubt there were Mirelurks, just about being the only creatures she found plenty of around lately. Meryl never moved from her spot though, cautious as to how the group was going to get outside without any casualties. Of course, the woman was a walking tank, but nothing past her mind thought of such a thing.
User Image

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Quotable Poster

User Image

Wasteland Bob

Bob smiled behind his mask at the large woman. Due to his suit he didn't know she was emmiting irradiation, not that he'd be able to tell anyways due to being a glowing one. It was like splashing a cup of water at a waterfall, completely unnoticed and comparatively insignificant. Speaking of comparatively insignificant Bob couldn't help cringe a bit as her hand enveloped around his own, making him feel very small. Still she accepted the handshake so he didn't have to worry about her hurting him, that was until he felt his arm ripped out of his socket. "w-well...that certainly...smarts" he said clutching his arm. However his voice was still bright and cheery and the pain quickly faded as his mutated endorphin gland flooded his mind with happy relief. "well lets just slip that up into there!" he said yanking up on his arm, the bone shifting back into place with a sickening pop. Being a ghoul he was pretty used to things coming loose or just falling off all together. "wow your really strong. Its almost scary, infact I believe a more adequate term would be absolutely terrifying, anyways nice to meet you, and I don't think I got your name. These guys here are my friends. There's Target my canine companion. Then there's Elenor, she's a bit shy around new people, that's why she's hiding off like that, oh and the guy under the shelf is Saans, the rest of his name is really long with a bunch of U's in it, sorry to say I've forgotten it allready" he said happily. When she grabbed her shot gun he looked around and saw the two mirelurks, the ones who had stopped chasing Saans earlier, pushing up against the window, thankfully they really couldn't get in, but it would make getting out difficult. "Hey...ummm...I guess I'll call you Amazon for now, thats or fun little nickname we came up for you when we were heading over here, anyways how about in exchange for our lives and helping us kill those last two mirelurks, we give you the meat from the ones we killed a few minutes ago, its alot fresher than anything in the store." he said, trying to win her over with offerings of food.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff