Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Trader

User Image

In the Kingdom of Fiore, the groups of Wizards known as Guilds have been enjoying a time of peace. The Fairy Tail guild is prospering, gaining many new members as of late, and the rambunctious gang of misfit Wizards are up to their usual antics, but all is not well in the town of Magnolia. The Dark Guild known as Crescent Aegis has been causing trouble with Fairy Tail and seems to be planning some sort of large-scale attack, and one of Fairy Tail's own Wizards, Makura Rein, has betrayed his former comrades and declared himself an enemy of all Guilds, an act that no good can come of considering how powerful the rogue Wizard is. Rumors have also been circulating that Crescent Aegis seeks to resurrect a powerful demon, but these are unconfirmed. However recent events spell danger for all of Fairy Tail and their fellow Guilds - will they rise above these threats, or fall to the chaos that awaits them?

Follow your own path, and make your mark on the world!
Adventure awaits!

User Image

Playful Trader

Rules

If you wish to join, create a profile and send it to me, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can and let you know if you are accepted. Once you have my confirmation, you can go ahead and join right in. Do not submit a profile if you aren't going to be able to keep up with making at least about one post a day, preferably more. This RP is a collaboration between me and Kail Tribal, so whatever we say goes, if you don’t like that, tough.

If you don't post for a few days I will message you to check if you're still in, if I don't get a response I will remove your character. If you know ahead of time you aren't going to be able to post frequently for a bit, tell me and I'll make sure everyone knows and I won't remove you, I realize sometimes unforeseen things can happen in life to prevent you from posting for a while, I'll give a bit of time before automatically removing someone, but you also have to understand I've got a rp to keep running, and you’re probably inconveniencing someone by freezing their character.

Follow Gaia's ToS, romance is fine but don't cyber, if things get intimate, time skip. No killing characters unless you have permission from the player, and no god-modding or power-playing. Make sure to keep out of character (OOC) chat in the OOC thread and check it regularly (preferably every day) for important information about the RP and posts. Title your pm Fairy Bottom when you send me your profile, if you don’t I’ll know you didn’t read this and I’ll ignore you.

Please try to make sure that you're at least semi-literate. Try to make sure you post more than a line or two, there is no maximum. Spelling doesn't need to be perfect and most punctuation slip-ups are fine so long as they aren't confusing. Don’t have a huge post layout, pics should be around reasonably sized, I don’t like having to scroll a mile just to see the post past the picture.

You can play as many characters as you like as long as you know you can keep up with them, your character can be from a guild other than Fairy Tail though keep in mind this may limit interaction at times, you can also play a villain if you want to, but again remember they won't constantly be interacting with the main characters. Please also note that this RP is set in an alternate timeline to the anime/manga to allow for free reign with creativity without spoilers to those who haven't gotten as far into the series. If you intend to make a wizard that has the potential to be OP like a Requip wizard, please limit yourself to a reasonable amount of starting gear or abilities and you can earn more as the RP progresses.

If you post in the OOC before you are accepted I'm going to ignore your profile. It's nothing personal but I'm tired of people coming in and chatting while they work on a profile and then expecting that just because other people were speaking with them that they should automatically be accepted. I love for our players to hang out, but if you're not a part of the RP yet then hold off, if you get accepted go right ahead, otherwise there's no real need. You can PM me if you have questions and there are not slots to reserve.

Playful Trader

Profile Skeleton
Please fill in your information outside of the bolding so that only the subjects are bolded. Also please insert your character appearance img with the img tag, don't link it. See Accepted Profiles for example if you need help.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Hair Colour:[/b]
[b]Eye Colour:[/b]
[b]Wizard Class:[/b]
[b]Guild Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Guild Mark Location:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

Playful Trader

Playful Trader

Devoted Lionheart

User Image

Standing there with clenched fists, the copper-haired boy watched over the figure of his brother - who looked to be a year or two younger than him - wrapped in blankets and breathing heavily, barely conscious right now as he was left in a cold sweat from his body desperately struggling with the sickness that ailed him. The older sibling's pink eyes narrowed as he bared his teeth, standing silently for some time before a nurse came to tell him that the boy needed his rest. Nodding in agreement, he took a breath to speak. "I promise you, Alta...I'll find him. I'll master my powers, and when I do, I'll summon Ekaitzia, and call him to our sides again." With that, he left without another word, eventually leaving the hospital entirely and walking through the streets of Magnolia. What looked to be an odd cat with wings and red fur flew along behind the young man solemnly. "Do you really think you can summon him, Zeno..?" the airborne creature asked, and as he did so the young man, Zeno, stopped for a moment. Looking to his little companion, he gave a calm smile. "Don't have much choice, now do I? Right now, it's the only thing that'll help Alta feel better. He misses Ekaitzia, and I think that might actually be stopping him from fully recovering. So, me and you have to do our best as two of Fairy Tail's newest wizards, Sparky! We'll keep getting stronger until I have the power to track down our dragon, and haul his sorry tail back here. Then Alta will get better, and if that doesn't work, then Ekaitzia can help us out anyway. If anyone can, it'll be him." he told the floating cat - named Sparky - managing to keep his spirits up, after all he had no time to be feeling sorry for himself if he was going to save his little brother.

Whenever Zeno's spirits were lifted, Sparky's were too, despite their frequent but minor disputes and the cat's jokes which were usually at the boy's expense. The red ball of fur gave a wide grin as his companion laid out their objective, plain and simple. "Gotcha! Well, what are we waiting for? The guild hall awaits!" he encouraged, as Zeno proceeded to get pumped up alongside the creature. "You know it pal! Let's get a move on!" the pink-eyed young wizard laughed cheerfully as he turned to start sprinting back towards the Fairy Tail guild, however it didn't take very long for him to start getting tired out, the red feline still following behind him, his small wings somehow managing to keep him up despite the fact that the creature was rather chubby, his weight resulting in his flight path dipping every now and then but ultimately he managed to stay afloat. Groaning as he started panting due to exhaustion, Zeno turned his head and looked up at Sparky. "Y'know, you could...huff...at least fly me there..!" he complained, as Sparky displayed a mischevious smile. "You could use the exercise." he told him slyly, immediately getting a rise out of the young man. "Hey! You're one to talk, doughball!" he fired back as they crossed a bridge that arced above the river running through Magnolia.

Immediately, Sparky feigned despair. "The only reason I'm this size is because you overfeed me..." he whined pitifully, Zeno immediately giving him a frown that told him he wasn't buying it. "Overfeed you!? You complain whenever there isn't food in sight! I never even tell you to eat anything, you do that yourself! Besides, if it's such a big problem, maybe I should feed you less." he jested with a triumphant glint in his eyes. Caught off-guard, Sparky gasped, his jaw dropping, before he decided the best course of action was to change the subject so that Zeno forgot all about it. "Hey, Zeno.." he began, his companion blinking as he rose a brow. "What?" he inquired. "You know how you planned to start small? I just realised, if you turn down one of the big jobs listed on the Guild board, all of the people in Fairy Tail will think you're pretty lame. They'll probably all laugh at you and talk about how much of a scaredy-human you are." the floating cat pointed out, descending for a moment before he promptly regained his altitude, his little black scarf billowing in the wind. Zeno's pink eyes grew wide for just a moment, looking skeptically at Sparky. "Th-that's not true! ...Is it?" he asked, faced with a moment of uncertainty that led to deliberation. "And don't get me started on how the ladies will see you. Think about it, no girl has ever liked you before. Probably because you're dumb, and immature, and not very strong at all." the cat listed off, each point against him causing Zeno's face to contort into greater expressions of despair and woe as he shrank away. "And your eyes are girly, and your hair is boring, and your jokes are terrible, and you're not particularly handsome, not to mention you're an awful cook--" Sparky was promptly interrupted as Zeno threw his arms into the air, flailing as he screamed.

"Enough already! That's it, I'm going for the biggest job the guild can throw at me! I'm gonna complete the heck outta that job!! It'll wish it was never posted to that board! And when I'm done, everyone will think I'm majorly awesome! Huaahahah! Muahahahaa!!" Zeno cackled excitedly, darting off towards the guild hall, filled with energy now that he'd been wound up by Sparky, the fluffy-tailed cat following close behind. Racing through the town, Zeno barged straight into the guild hall, flinging the entrance doors open. However, as he did so, he froze up immediately. His entire body tensing, the young man's pink eyes grew wide as he surveyed the area, ears filled with the various sounds of the rambunctious guild. You see, Zeno was rather easily intimidated by large crowds, and the crowds in the Fairy Tail guild were as big and rowdy as they came, countless people chatting away, cheering merrily, and singing heartily. Some were even fighting! As he was, this was not Zeno's scene by any means.

Taking a step back he almost wanted to shy away into the nearest corner as he was more of a wallflower than a social butterfly. But something kept him going, pushing him to take a step forward, and another. He couldn't just give up now, he hadn't even taken on a single job yet, he had to do this, for Alta, for Ekaitzia, even for Sparky. Taking in a deep breath, he took on a determined expression, marching his way up towards the job board, and the pink-eyed Dragon Slayer managed to turn a blind eye to the ruckus caused by the crowds around him, and the fact that a flying beer mug swept by his head, narrowly missing him. Letting his gaze fall upon some of the jobs posted to the board, he looked at one of the biggest jobs available for those who weren't S-class Wizards, taking in every detail carefully. Reaching a hand out, his breathing came to a brief halt as adrenaline began to course through him, his fingers moving closer and closer to the scrap of paper that would decide his fate.

And then suddenly, he spun around, arms at his sides as he appeared stiff as the job board itself, face utterly pale. "Nope!" he firmly declined, apparently wanting nothing to do with the high-paying job, which had a payoff of one-million jewel. Sparky plopped down onto his head, the added weight causing Zeno's head to sink into his shoulders slightly. "Whatsamatter? Did you get cold paws?" the crimson feline inquired with an amused smile, the copper-haired boy shuffling away, defeated. "I-I don't wanna talk about it.." he mumbled, sitting at a table by himself with a sullen expression. "But you're never gonna get stronger if you don't take a job. And small jobs are fine and all, but they probably aren't gonna make you very strong. You have to aim high Zeno, it's like Ekaitzia told you, 'aim for the clouds!'" he quoted the dragon whom the boy and his brother had seen as a father. Though Sparky had never met the creature, Zeno and Alta had told him many tales of their exploits with the lightning dragon. The Dragon Slayer gave a dejected sigh. "And how come you think I won't crash and burn along the way?" he asked with a solemn frown, staring down at the table before him. Sparky proceeded to float down onto the table itself, looking up at his companion calmly. "Because I believe in you." he stated honestly.

The heartfelt words from the cat struck a chord within Zeno, the copper-haired Dragon Slayer falling silent for a moment, eyes wide as what Sparky had said sank in. Turning to look back to the job board, a genuine resolve washed over his features as he rose to his feet, walking back over to the job board. Swiping up the sheet of paper which listed the details of the high-paying job, he showed no hesitance as he took in the details again. "Retrieve a cursed artifact from the abandoned mansion on the northern outskirts of Magnolia...return it to the Guild for disposal to ensure the safety of the townsfolk..Wizards are warned to handle the artifact with caution and by no means are they to equip it themselves, they are also to expect resistance from others seeking it out - potentially members of the Dark Guild 'Crescent Aegis'..." he murmured, frowning a little.

"So, a race against time to grab a cursed artifact before a Dark Guild does..." he concluded, before suddenly the brave face he'd put on disappated. "Sounds scary!" he whined, hesitating as he stood there looking down at the job description. Sparky came to perch on Zeno's shoulder, weighing him down again as his body tilted to one side. "Looks like we need a team." he pointed out, Zeno promptly turning cold. "T-t-team..?" he stuttered, sheepishly looking over his shoulder at the spirited carnage unfolding throughout much of the Guild Hall. Without warning, Sparky flew up above Zeno and floated there. "Hey everyone! Me and my partner here are gonna go on this big job! It pays a whole million and we'll split it evenly, but we need more people to form a team with us!" he shouted over the ruckus, Zeno standing there looking like a deer caught in headlights. It was gonna be a long day.

Zeno's Theme - Thunderstorm

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image

Nikoa trudged quietly through the streets of Magnolia toward the Fairy Tail guild hall, heavy purple cloak fluttering slightly though remaining always securely fastened, hood up despite how warm it was today. Walking at the purple shrouded woman's side was a small calico cat dressed in a purple skirt and red bow, her little feet making cute noises as she followed the dark skinned wizard. It wasn't long before Nikoa was walking through the doors of the guild and approaching the girl who worked behind the bar, handing in the job she had just returned from completing. Turning toward the job board with the intention of finding another one to take the cloaked young woman halted as she spotted someone else over by the board. Sighing she folded her arms beneath her cloak and decided to sit down while she waited, settling down at a table by herself as Cora clambered up to sit on the table. "You know you could take on more jobs if you were part of a team." the cat pointed out. Nikoa grumbled and looked away, "Why would I want to do that?" she asked. Cora smoothed her skirt a bit with her paws and looked up at her companion with a smile, "Well you're the one always going on about how you need to become stronger again. If you had a team you could go for tougher jobs and get even better, besides a lot of the harder jobs have items alongside the monetary reward, maybe you could find yourself more cards or armor that way." Cora pointed out reasonably, blinking her blue and green eyes calmly up at her friend. At this logical answer Nikoa seemed to refuse responding, she knew the exceed was right but that didn't mean she liked the idea any more, she wasn't exactly a very sociable person these days.

Shifting her yellow gaze over toward the sound of someone shouting over the ruckus of the guild hall Nikoa spotted a chubby red cat flying over the head of the boy who had been in her way at the job board. Rolling her eyes a little she tried to ignore Sparky but Cora wouldn't have it, she could see the particular job notice in the boys hand and recognized it from having seen it on the board when they'd picked up their last job, this seemed like a perfectly good chance. "There, see, it's that job at the mansion, that sounds like a great opportunity to try working with others again." the calico told the young woman. "I don't want to work with anyone else again." Nikoa muttered tersely. Frowning a little Cora sighed and shook her head, "Nonsense, a wizard is nothing on their own. You know as well as I do that Lola would not have wanted you to seclude yourself from everyone. Besides I know you've heard the rumors about Crescent Aegis, if they're trying to get that cursed artifact then certainly no good can come of it, you haven't abandoned your dreams entirely have you?" the exceed nearly jumped out of her fur as Nikoa slammed a fist down on the table and lurched to her feet swiftly. Perhaps she'd been a touch too hard on the girl, but sometimes Cora felt that she really needed a firm hand or she was likely to let tragedy send her astray, someone had to look out for her. Face shadowed by her hood Nikoa stood a moment, jaw clenched and fist trembling before she whirled toward Zeno and Sparky. Cora climbed to her feet and plodded across the table top to hop down and follow as the woman stormed over toward the pair, big bushy tail twitching softly behind her. "Fine." was all that Nikoa growled to Zeno. Brushing a paw across her bow to straighten it Cora smiled up at the young man, "What my friend means to say is that we'd be happy to help you." she said sweetly, drawing a 'hmph' from Nikoa.

Nikoa's Theme - The Somber Lay
User Image

In the streets of Magnolia, roughly a block or so away the young titan slayer could be seen chowing down on a stone while hauling a back of rocks over his shoulder. He was returning from his usual training trip into the mountains surrounding the city. When he wasn't munching on the rock he would wave every now and then to the towns people who would greet him. "Help! Someone stop that man! Called out what seemed to be one of the shop owners as a rather rough looking youth came running down the street in Lucian's direction. He sighed a bit and then smirked. "Hehe, they just never learn do they? He mused to himself. Just before the man could run past him a magic circle appeared around his left foot. "Earth Titan's Rock Wall!" He called out before stomping his foot, causing a six foot slab of rock to shoot up a few feet in front of the thief. The result was the thief running headlong into the stone wall. With a few twitches the thief fell to his back, dropping the stolen items. "Thank you so much!" Said the shop owner as some of the local law enforcement arrived to take care of the thief. Lucian just started walking and waved back to the owner.

About five minutes later Lucian arrived at the guild hall. It was about as rowdy as usual till he heard a familiar voice shouting out over everyone. Looking towards the request board he knew he had heard that right. Sparky shouting out about a job and poor Zeno standing there petrified in front of everyone. He sighed a bit, he was glad he was trying for his first job but that loudmouth cat was bound to get the young dragon slayer into trouble at this rate. Granted a team would be the best bet given the type of mission it was. However he didn't think anyone would take the two seriously before he saw Nikoa approach him. Now this was definitely unexpected! The woman who normally kept to herself was approaching Zeno?! Quite possibly the greenest of Fairy Tail's members. Sure Nikoa was probably one of the stronger guild members around but given how she always worked solo aside from her cat Lucian couldn't help but worry if it was just the them and the two cats. Scratching the back of his head a bit he decided he should join up too. Plus a one million jewel reward was nothing to sneeze at. "Yo Zeno, seriously your first job and you pick a tough one off the bat?" He said poking fun at the lightning eater. "Though with Nikoa with you, you stand a much better chance. Hehe and if I tag along the chances are even better right? So how about it? Want to team up?" He asks the two. He figured Zeno would probably jump at the offer of extra help, though he wasn't sure if Nikoa would be alright with another member along or not given he didn't really know her that well himself.

Lucian's Theme: Magnolia Eclair

Shy Healer

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

“You’re going to get sick eating that much candy” a woman in dark clothing and short cut hair spoke as she looked down at the shorter blue haired young woman sitting off in the corner of the guild. A safe enough distance from the rest of their guild mates so that the blue haired young woman felt more comfortable. It was the same place that Mimi always seemed to find her way to and that was what had made it so easy for the older woman to find her. Not that it was all that difficult for the woman to find anyone if she really needed to. But Mimi’s habits of trying to avoid accidentally getting dragged into some of the brawling that happened from time to time did help narrow things down a bit. “T-that’s not t-true” Mimi replied in her usual nervous tone as she looked up at the cold gaze of the older woman. Sure she knew that Twyla was absolutely right, she really could get sick from eating too much candy but she hadn’t eaten that much so far today. And it was no reason for the other woman to take away her small bag of lemon drops either.

“Yes it is and I am not giving them back”
                                                    The dark haired woman replied keeping all emotion out of her voice as she looked down at the shorter woman who’s purple eyes had grown large and body had begun to tremble slightly. Curse it all! How was anyone supposed to keep a cold and serious face when Mimi did that? Letting out a reluctant huff Twyla dropped the bag of lemon drops down onto the younger woman’s lap. As much as she might want to believe that she was immune to such things there was just no way that the woman could stand to see Mimi start crying. It was hard enough keeping herself under control when dealing with the rest of their guild mates.

One of which had apparently decided on forming a team for a mission from the sounds of things. Drawing Twyla’s attention towards the small group that had begun to form by the mission’s board. So the new guy had decided to take on a real challenge it seemed for his first mission and to the woman’s surprise it seemed as if Nikoa was going to go along as well. Which was unexpected really and now Lucian as well. Hmm that was an interesting combination for a team.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Devoted Lionheart

User Image

Zeno, much as Cora had, almost leapt out of his skin as he witnessed Nikoa slamming her fist down upon the table she'd been sitting at, much easier to notice now that the racket had died down following Sparky's announcement. As the cloaked woman approached him he felt himself shrinking back further and further, practically about to try tugging Sparky down from the spot he was floating at just so he could hide behind the Exceed. As the dark-skinned wizard finally growled her response at him he promptly turned pale with a pitiful whine, and in a flash he was on his hands and knees before the woman. "Th-thank you miss! Er, ma'am! Madam? No, ma'am! I-I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!" he thanked her thoroughly, as Zeno had only been a part of Fairy Tail for a shorter amount of time than most other members he didn't quite know all of them as well as others, though he'd at least befriended people like Lucian, though their friendship practically bordered on rivalry. Sparky had been about to say something regarding his partner's pitiable display, before his attention was drawn towards the other Exceed. They hadn't met before, or at least Sparky's low attention-span hadn't highlighted her on his radar. His eyes would have turned to hearts if they could have. "Hubba hubba!" he exclaimed in admiration, surely it was love at first sight.

"Wow! She's like a multi-colored sphinx.." he stated dreamily. For clarification, by a talking cat's standards, calling her a sphinx was their equivalent of calling her an angel. Floating down to her level the red cat seemed infatuated with the calico already, listening to what she had to say. "Aw shucks, it's alright, you can admit it! You were admiring me from afar, huh? What caught your eye most? Was it my dazzling charm? Or maybe the majestic mane!" he 'flexed' as much as a little cat could and brushed a paw through the tuft of fur atop his head that made up his 'hair'. Glancing over, Zeno couldn't help but find himself rather amused by this, the green and blue-eyed cat was adorable, and she'd even been nice to him. It was a safe bet to assume she was Nikoa's companion, much like Sparky's was his. Prodding the chubby Exceed's tummy, he decided to give his advice, since the crimson cat was trying a little too hard. "Ah, just sayin' buddy, modesty's a virtue for a reason." he pointed out, Sparky looking to him with a playful grin. "So is humility." he fired back, referring to the fact that Zeno was still on the floor. Before his partner could retort, he shuffled over to the young man and whispered to him. "Do you even know who she is?" he asked, obviously knowing himself, but wondering if Zeno did. "Maybe it's best I don't..." the Dragon Slayer mumbled with a sigh before he finally got to his feet, dusting himself off.

At Nikoa's 'hmph' Zeno flinched, clearly the jittery type. However soon enough he heard a familiar voice poking fun at him, turning to face Lucian, the Earth Titan Slayer as he approached. Being jumpy as he was, he lifted his fists, his first instinct whenever Lucian was around being to expect the short-fused young man to try picking a fight. However, it seemed he was being his calmer self right now, but it was too late unfortunately. Zeno had attempted to simply channel a few small sparks of his signature red lightning over his fists to look more threatening, but even that much seemed beyond his control as suddenly a large streak of thunder arced out to his side, striking a wooden beam and catching it on fire, though the actual size of the fire itself was barely more than the flame of a candle. Immediately, the lightning eater fell to the ground, eyes wide with legitimate fear as he scrambled backwards until he pressed against a wall, starting to hyperventilate in terror as his pink gaze was locked on the flame. "I'll protect you!" Sparky cried out, actually referring to Cora and not Zeno. Flying over to a nearby mug of water at an alarming speed, he lifted it up. "Sparky the Cat's Hose Down Roar!" he exclaimed as though what he were about to do was an actual magical technique, raising the mug to his mouth and holding a surprisingly large amount of water in his chubby little cheeks before soaring over to the wooden beam and spraying the liquid across the burning area, soon washing away the flames.

Zeno gave a heavy sigh of relief before getting up and running over to Sparky. "Sparky! You saved me buddy! I thought I was done for!" he cried dramatically, tears in his eyes as he embraced the red cat. Sparky struggled a little, being squeezed a fair bit by the hug. "S-sure thing.." he said, despite having pulled his 'heroics' for Cora's sake and not his. Finally releasing the Exceed, Zeno looked to Lucian, finally answering his question. "Uh...well, y'know, figured I'd go for something that could offer a challenge." he told the Titan Slayer with a hesitant chuckle, though that wasn't exactly true. Sparky flew up beside the Dragon Slayer, waving his paw to Lucian. "Hey rocks-for-brains! How are ya? Actually I'm the one who decided we should go, or Zeno's never gonna get any stronger." he explained honestly, before listening to Lucian's offer to join as did his partner. "Sure! Why not? The more the merrier, right? This is turning out to be a real adventure, eh partner? Maybe it won't be so bad after all." he commented with a cheerful smile, Sparky nodding in agreement, returning his own bright grin. "You betcha!" he cheered happily, before taking note of a reclusive-looking woman standing near a smaller, shy young girl who apparently had a thing for lemon drops.

"Recruiter Sparky is on the job!" he exclaimed before zipping over to them thanks to his wings. "'Scuse me lady, you look mighty strong! Do you wanna help us out? Like I said, we'll split the dough evenly!" he said first to Twyla, the chubby little cat sitting down on their table as he reached his paws up to adjust his scarf slightly. Then, he looked to Mimi, seeming to rummage through his scarf for a moment before pulling out a piece of candy that was still wrapped. "So do you like lemon drops? I love sour candy! Here, this one's apple flavor. It's my last one, but I don't mind sharing with my family!" he stated merrily, holding the candy out for the timid girl to take. "If you wanted, you could come with us too!" he offered in a friendly manner, a warm smile upon the red feline's face. "My partner's a sap, but he's gotta be good at something, right?"

"I heard that, doughball!"

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image

Nikoa looked away from Zeno as he thanked her for choosing to accompany him for the mission, she was clearly not very pleased about the whole arrangement but Cora had pressed just the right buttons to urge her into it anyway. In the past the woman might have been amused by seeing the poor boy practically groveling in front of her, but not now. As Sparky turned his attention toward his fellow Exceed Nikoa raised a black brow slightly but tried to act like she wasn't paying too much attention even as she listened. Cora on the other hand turned to the red cat and blinked at him, "I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what you're talking about." the calico told him calmly, she wasn't trying to be rude or even play coy, she just didn't know what he was on about. Though she had on occasion encountered other of her kind it was rather infrequently, there certainly weren't many of them around Magnolia most times, but she had spotted the flying red cat before briefly. Since Nikoa tended to avoid the company of others for the most part though it meant that Cora was likewise off away from everyone else. It wasn't as though Nikoa absolutely hated being around other people, if she did then she wouldn't have come into the guild at all, but she didn't seek out the company of others and when it wasn't required she preferred to not be too near to them. That said if someone ever inserted themselves into her company it wasn't as though she'd have yelled at them or anything, she just wasn't particularly social, excluding Cora that is. It was probably for the best that Nikoa didn't hear Spark whispering to Zeno about who she was, Cora on the other hand did, her fuzzy ears laying back slightly as she glanced up at her companion but said nothing. Lucian's approach to the small group dragged Nikoa's yellow gaze over to the young man, arms still folded beneath her cloak.

It seemed that Zeno and Lucian were familiar with one another though the terms of that familiarity seemed a little questionable as the copper haired boy suddenly took up a defensive stance. It was less then a moment before Zeno was quickly losing what little semblance of respectability he still had as he managed to light a tiny fire upon one of the rafters and promptly freaked out. Nikoa closed her eyes with an exasperated sigh, what had she gotten herself into? Hanging her head she might have face-palmed if it weren't for the fact she was wearing her cloak. Cora blinked up at the tiny flame and then looked to Sparky as the other Exceed told her he'd protect her, she didn't exactly seem frightened of the rather non-threatening little fire overhead. Lucian's offer to team up with them as well seemed to have been briefly forgotten in the face of Zeno's little episode. As sparky over-dramatically put out the fire and his companion thanked him in just as over the top a manner Cora seemed to watch in mild bewilderment, Nikoa trying to ignore the entire thing. Shaking her head slightly as though to bring herself back to reality the cat turned toward Lucian and gave a smile up at the young man, "We'd certainly be happy for the assistance, isn't that right Nikoa?" Cora asked, looking over at the cloaked woman. "Whatever, not gonna stop anyone." she muttered, not keen on the idea of having to be around even more people but she wasn't going to make a big thing of it. Cora smiled and looked to Lucian again, giving him a nod of approval as Zeno seemed to consent to his joining as well before Sparky flew off saying something about being a recruiter as he approached a table of two women. "When are we going then?" Nikoa asked as she looked to Zeno while his exceed companion spoke to Twyla and Mimi.

Nikoa's Theme - The Somber Lay
User Image

He started to grin when it looked like Zeno was about to take a fighting stance. This was was always entertaining but as weak as the dragon slayer always acted it almost always seemed to end one of two ways. With either Zeno and himself brawling or with Zeno making a fool of himself. And with the lightning bolt misfire it was apparent it would be the later this time. However Lucian wasn't prepared for the expressions of fear and then pathetic groveling to the cat. His jaw more or less dropped at the display. He was like this for a few moments while Sparky spoke to Mimi and Twyla, though Lucian had caught what that pesky fur ball called him.

Just as Sparky finished talking to the two girls Lucian grabbed the cat by the head with an almost evil looking grin and a vein popping in his forehead. "Rocks-for-brains huh? And where do you get off calling me that you damn flabby cat?!" He asked the pudgy feline. "How bout I crush that skull of yours and see just what you got for brains huh?!" He says squeezing his head a bit. Well didn't take long but that short fuse of his had already been lit and another push would probably end up with a fight breaking out.

Shy Healer

User Image

Mimi settled down as her bag of lemon drops were returned to her and after taking a moment to make sure that Twyla wasn’t going to go and change her mind and try to take it away again. The young woman quickly picked the small bag making sure that it was tied shut before smiling slightly. “T-thank you” she said quietly glancing back up at the older woman who merely shrugged her shoulders slightly in reply trying to avoid looking at the younger woman. Knowing that she wouldn’t be able to resist smiling at least a little bit if she did besides. Twyla was far more interested in what was going on over with the group by the missions board at the moment.

Mimi didn’t seem to notice the commotion occurring over at the mission’s board her attention focused on picking up her book from off the table and finding her last page. When the pudgy red cat landed on the table taking a seat. His sudden arrival nearly causing the young woman to jump slightly the book slipping out of her hands in surprise. Twyla having seen this reaction coming catching the book before it ended up accidently flying into someone’s head and setting it back down on the table. “I have no objections to lending a hand” the woman replied to the feline before glancing at Mimi doubting that the young woman would agree to leave. That is until she saw him offer the young woman sour candy.

Mimi stared at Sparky for a moment before hesitantly taking the piece of candy that he held out for her and looking down at it for a few seconds. “Y-yes I do and T-thank y-you” Mimi replied finally a small smile crossing the young woman’s face as she seemed to think for a moment before offering the red cat her bag of lemon drops. “I-I’ll help ummmm W-want some?” she asked curiously deciding that she liked the pudgy red cat. Which became all that more apparent to her when she saw Lucian grab ahold of his head. “L-let him G-go!” Mimi spoke up as she looked up at Lucian doing her best to appear as threatening as possible as she tried to keep her voice steady. "Let the cat go before you make Mimi cry" Twyla sighed sounding more annoyed at having to deal with all this then actually upset. But really if the man made the young woman cry Twyla probably wouldn't be the only one trying to knock some sense into him.

User Image

User Image

Lucain was ready to beat the flab out of the cat, that is until he heard both Mimi and Twyla. Seeing the younger girl look as if she were about to burst into tears which ultimately made him feel like a jerk. He sighed a bit and released the troublesome fur ball. "Tch, I'll let the insult slide this time cat." He says feeling bad. If there was one thing he hated it was making a girl cry. He scratched the back of his head a bit before looking to the two again. "A-anyway...if you're joining up too we appreciate the help." He says to them. Figures, as rough as he can act the titan slayer was in fact a big softy when it came to stuff like this.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image

Sparky had immediately hit the floor when Cora honestly told him she had no idea what he was talking about, ears flat against his head as he pouted miserably, however Zeno couldn't help but chuckle. "Sorry buddy, looks like you got rejected." he pointed out, though this likely wasn't going to stop Sparky from trying to make an impression on the calico. Once Nikoa turned to look at Zeno and ask him when they would be leaving, he jumped a little, though she wasn't being quite as scary as before, so he managed to stay a little calmer. Pondering it, he placed his hands behind his head and seemed to visibly relax. "Hmm...well, I'd say once everybody who wants to come has joined up, we should be good to go. Oh, unless you needed to get ready at all?" he inquired, blinking his pink eyes at the woman. Turning his gaze to look upon the well-mannered talking cat before him he grinned happily and crouched so that he was closer to her level. "So you're a talking cat like Sparky, huh? Those are some fancy clothes you have!" he commented to Cora in a friendly manner, not that she had much really, just a skirt and a bow, but she was a cat after all. "All Sparky has is that raggedy old scarf of his. Still, he'll always refuse to get rid of it. It is important to him after all, so I can't blame him at least." he stated with a warm smile, holding his hand out to shake Cora's paw. "Well, since I haven't introduced myself yet, my name's Zeno, and you probably guessed that big red goofball is Sparky. Nice to meetcha!" he told her, and once he shook her paw he rose to his feet, looking to Nikoa with a friendly smile.

"That goes for both of ya!" he mentioned cheerfully before holding out his hand for her to shake, though whether she did so or not was entirely up to her. Now one might have simply assumed she wouldn't have shaken his hand given her actions so far but Zeno was rarely one to judge, after all he barely knew the woman thus far, so he had nothing to hold against her. Afterward, he turned to watch Sparky interacting with Twyla and Mimi both, chuckling a little as he inwardly wished he could be so confident about approaching people. The pudgy red cat had been concerned when it was obvious he'd startled Mimi, but all seemed to be well as Twyla caught the book she'd practically thrown and the girl calmed down a little. Sparky's face lit up as Twyla agreed to come along, and he watched as Mimi took the candy he offered, smiling sweetly as she thanked him. "You're very welcome miss!" he told her before she offered him some lemon drops in return, asking if he wanted some. "Oh boy, do I!" he exclaimed in glee, but showed restraint, only taking one and shoving it into his scarf, that was a fair trade after all. Suddenly however he found himself grabbed by the head, hearing a voice that was unmistakably Lucian's.

"Urk! Who are you calling flabby!? It's all muscle! Didn't you see me flexing earlier?" he argued with the young Titan Slayer, probably not the best idea considering his head was held firmly in Lucian's grasp. "Ghh! You're just jealous because whatever came outta my skull would be more than you had in yours, dirt breath!" he taunted. Watching this unfold, Zeno's eyes grew wide, before he clenched a fist and bared his teeth, something seeming to change about the young man's demeanor. A crimson spark running along his arm, he sprinted forward, leaping into the air as he soared towards Lucian. "Hands off, Lucian! That's my flabby cat!" he shouted, Sparky whining as he did so. "I'm not flabby!" the cat claimed with tears in his eyes. Pulling his fist back, Zeno finally managed to focus enough to channel a coating of red lightning around it, preparing to throw a thunder-charged punch at Lucian. "Pipe down Sparky I'm being awesome for--" finally reaching the Titan Slayer, he swung at him, but as he did so Lucian had released Sparky and moved slightly as he did so, resulting in the Dragon Slayer missing entirely. "...Once..." he finished his previous sentence with disappointment heavy in his voice, proceeding to soar onward across the guild hall, unable to control his trajectory. Soon enough, he crashed through a table at the far side of the hall, resulting in a fairly large cloud of dust and a thunderous smash - no pun intended.

Once the dust cloud cleared, Zeno was laying upside-down in a heap of the broken remains of the table, spitting out a chunk of wood while wearing an entirely unimpressed expression. "So can we go yet..?" he asked, folding his arms. Sparky, once released, immediately flew towards Mimi to hug the timid girl. "My hero! You stood up to the big meanie for poor little me! You're so brave! Thank you!" he complimented her and thanked her all at once. "Y'know, I tried to help too.." Zeno's comment went ignored. "You're gonna be a great addition to Team Sparky! I just know it! And you helped too, lady! Thank you too!" he showed Twyla his gratitude, before plopping back down on the table. "My name is Sparky! What are your names?" he asked curiously, raising a paw to rub the back of his head. "I'm still pretty new here, so I don't know everybody just yet." he told them with a sheepish grin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces