Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who was your favorite character from the last thread?

Ty 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 8 ]
William 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 2 ]
Nes 0.12962962962963 13.0% [ 7 ]
Cryska 0.12962962962963 13.0% [ 7 ]
Yuki 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 2 ]
Krim 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 2 ]
Ace 0.018518518518519 1.9% [ 1 ]
Just here to be a poll whore. :3 0.46296296296296 46.3% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 >

Tipsy Genius

User Image
Aria Nocturne

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDMWA Death Weapon

"I will wait for you," she said, "Endlessly."

"Arthas Mars," Aria had approached the group silently, making Nes jump. Ty's face changed from being plain angry to that of grating annoyance, not because Aria had snuck up on them, but because the name Arthas was probably his least favorite word in any language. Aria ignored it and continued on the subject, never afraid to continue into an awkward conversation head first. "He and Sylver had quite the short lived plot against Agnes once upon a time, though I never personally liked him." Nes seemed skeptical that liking someone was a trait Aria possessed, though she seemed to relax somewhat when Yukimura followed her into the group. Perhaps that was her version of liking a person? Nes sighed in response to her brother being brought into the conversation about a man who had killed her. Aria caught on to her small display of exasperation and immediately focused attention on it. "Please, Miss Stenberg, don't worry in the slightest. I'm not interested in killing you personally, and so long as Mister Gasai has no ill intentions towards you, I'm sure your blood will not end up on my blade again." "Thanks," she heard Nes mumble, though her attention was already turned to Yukimura. "I assume others are on their way. Miss Eden would not allow Miss Stenberg to embark on such a mission without assistance. Also, Mister Spicer has an undeniable interest in the situation as well, being the only remaining member from the original team that fought Arthas. I can only venture to guess there are quite a few more people who have a vendetta over the death of Miss Stenberg, though whether or not they will be present for the current matter at hand is yet to be seen. After assessing the situation using record of the previous battle along with the tactics and skill of the accounted for group...without Miss Stenberg's light power to combat our opponent's dark madness, chances of success are minimal. How shall you and I proceed in this situation? Taking part could be potentially fatal to those involved."

Location ▏Paris, France . Company ▏Yukimura, Nes, Ty, Oliver . Thoughts ▏Retreat is our best possible strategy.
                                      OOC ▏None

Generous Lunatic

8,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
User Image
User Image

With: Everyone Except Rachel
Action!: Meeting with the Others
Inner Voice: "Hey....*Akward Pause* Yeah, this is awkward."
Mood: A little nervous, otherwise fine.
OOC: .

I never quit and I never surrender!

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════

It was a surprise how quickly the two found the others as she decided to speak the first word between them as he sighed gently. Now that she said what she said, Yuki could feel the tension rise further between the group of knit-tight friends by an old adversary joining them. Another point she should of let go was the fact that Aria was working directly for him and not in the better interest of the group's efforts. As much as Yuki did enjoy that, he could tell on Nes's face that she did not like that wording as much as he did. "Don't look at me like that. It's not like I'm going to turn on you." Yuki spoke as he put their intentions out there in the open right from the start about working against Arthas as to silence anymore questioning to either him or Aria. When Yuki got Aria's synopsis on the whole situation at hand, Yuki couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle as he knew that was the kind of situation they were always in. Something that had a good chance of death, but Yuki didn't care much about the statistics that much in that sense.

"Of course, we will be working with Nes to kill Arthas, but that is not our main objective. Our main objectives are to try and contain Arthas's plans before it gets completely out of hand and the safety of Rachel above all else. We have no idea if his power is restored to complete strength or not. He may be biding his time in the darkness with a prisoner to fight. Be it bad luck of who it was, we still have our duty to save Rachel. Prioritize our man goals to those two things. Dealing with Arthas directly with be a secondary goal until these two are accomplished." Yuki spoke as he kept his eyes to Aria to help her focus her mind to only those two things, Prevention and Rescue. He didn't want this driven frenzy of emotions to end in a tearful goodbye for the group. While Yuki respected Nes's leadership decisions, Yuki had his own driving goals that he wished to pursue other than just a blinded slaughter of an old nightmarish ghost from the past. Wrapping his arms around his chest, Yuki looked over to Nes and Ty with a nod of his head as he kept himself firm. He was here for his friends, for all of them. The would come home safely.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════

That's just the kind of guy I am!

Enduring Gatekeeper

User Image

User Image
                                                              The walk was quiet. Nobody bothered Cryska the entire way. Perhaps she was intimidating, giving off a naturally icy chill these days that made bystanders shy away. Looking too important, one could say. Or maybe it was just that no one wanted any of the trouble a woman with flames coming out of her mouth brought along with her. They were right to think that to, because she didn't have time for any sort of interruption. Even the bird made not a sound. Content in its place on Cryska's shoulder.

There was a bit of a mess upon arrival. Debris here and there from whatever happened beforehand and brought about the appearance of Arthas. The others had already made it and Cryska climbed over some of the rubble in the midst and end of Aria's proclamations. "Light isn't the only thing there is when fighting darkness." She said, coming up to the group finally and exchanging glances. She was sure some or all of them knew what she had been up to and maybe someone had something to say, but it wasn't the time for it. "The people who have the ability to change the world all without exception have the guts to abandon something." She said to them, straightening out her coat as she did so. "They are those who can even abandon their humanity if they are hard pressed to outdo monsters." A slight pause. "What I'm saying is, even darkness can be used to fight darkness." It was something she was sure they all understood and the implications behind it.

If only Rez could have had the chance to fiddle with the box like he wanted to. A debilitating thought to have, but rational in its reasoning. Maybe it could've been removed and she'd have been able to become a monster to fight another just like her. That was just wishful thinking. Hoping that kind of madness was still pent up in her soul. At the very least, Arthas' madness wouldn't affect her if he possessed some kind of aura. "If what I've heard and know is true, then there isn't anyway Arthas would let Rachel out of his sight, let alone grip." She said, turning towards Yukimura. "I suspect dealing with the two will be something needing to be handled at the same time. In which case you leave securing the weapon's safety to me."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

Tipsy Genius

User Image

User Image
                                          "Listen, dude. I'm not this Hope person, so just back off already." It had been hours since Rachel had stopped struggling against Arthas, nothing she did seemed to remotely affect him. Trying to squirm from his grasp only resulted in bruises as his grip tightened on her wrist, hitting him only made him barely flinch, and her direct wavelength attacks were like a falling leaf brushing against his skin. And worse, every time she made a move against him, he only insisted harder that she was his former partner. He made all sorts of excuses. "You just don't remember. The DWMA must have done something to you, but I promise you I'll fix it." His voice was shaking, desperate. He knew she wasn't Hope, but it was very clear that he absolutely refused to believe reason. "No one did anything to me because I'm not the person you're looking for. You know, your princess is in another castle? Is any of this making sense to you? I'm not Hope, I'm Rachel Carde, God dammit!" He paused, seeming to have some sort of wheels turning in his head, but he just continued on as if he hadn't heard her. Where ever they were, it was deserted, so it wasn't as if she could make some sort of call for help. The trees lining the walkway were dead and twisted, the concrete beneath her feet was cracked and growing moss. And in front of them stood what appeared to be a classic style haunted house, complete with broken window and aging cracking paint. For a supposedly brilliant villain, he sure did fall under a lot of cliches. To top it all off, a too pale to be living woman stood in the door way, arms crossed. When she saw Rachel, her smile grew wide. "Oh my. It seems you managed to find your beloved weapon, Hope." It was clear from her smile and from her stench that she was a witch, and a liar at that. It was likely that she was the one who had convinced Arthas that Rachel was Hope.

»» >>Show some respect.<<

Aged Genius

9,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
They see you as small and helpless
They you as just a child

Surprised when they find out a warrior will soon run wild

[Oliver Octavian]

User Image

Oliver tuned out as soon as the others showed up and started replaying the events in his head. He closed his eyes as he thought. He focused on remembering details just in case they were relevant. Everything from what was said to the way that Arthas acted. When he tuned back into the conversation, Cryska had declared she would rescue Rachel. He didn't like the way she insisted on it, but he knew not to let it show. If it became a conflict, he was sure a solution would be met. "There's also the witch or warlock that raised him from the dead that we will need to deal with, since it isn't possible to just will yourself back to life," the young miester said quietly, not adding anything to the fact he included himself in the search. "I also think that the Professor is still alive. Perhaps he saw the danger and assumed he was the target and bolted, or he could have been taken captive. I didn't see any blood in the lab a couple hours ago." He said to the group as he started to process the information. It wasn't just physical training he had undergone. Working with Allen Laberlin had given Oliver a chance to learn more, not just about souls either. Of course I was more concerned about other matters he thought to himself.

With: Nes, Ty, Yukimmura, Aria, and Cryska
OOC:

Prepare for your greatest moment.
Prepare for your finest hour.

The dream that you always dreamed is suddenly about to flower

Tipsy Genius

User Image

x
x

「 I'm ready to suffer and ready to hope 」
━━━━━━━━━━━
Agnesxxxxxx
xxxxStenberg
━━━━━━━━━━━
It's·a·shot·in·the·dark·aimed·right·at·my
xxxxxxx˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ Throat

✭ ✭ ✭

"I suspected some sort of imposter being used to scare us, but if Oliver is right and a witch is involved...this could be worse than I imagined..." She trailed off, considering the possibility, but ultimately it didn't matter how bad the situation was. Rachel was Ty's little sister, and her rescue was more important than any risk she was taking. They wandered inside, and there were already a few people from the DWMA sifting through the damage and investigating for clues. They paused and the room fell into an awkward silence as her group entered. Nes allowed the silence to continue for a second or two longer than she should have before clearing her throat. "....Well? Evidence isn't going to find itself. And will someone please get me an update already? I need to know everything you know, and I need to know it about 30 seconds ago. So let's move this thing along!" The people staring returned to gathering information without so much as a peep. Within two minutes, a young woman, probably no older than 17 and obviously a student, handed her a hand written list of evidence they'd already found. Nes smoothed it out and fished around in her bag for a pair of glasses. As a student, and even as a high ranked meister at the DWMA, she would have never worn glasses in front of anyone, even Ty. Hell, even doing work in her mansion with Cryska, she tortured her eyes for the sake of keeping up appearances. But now that she'd been living with Ty...well, glasses weren't horrible. Her eyes scanned through the list, and fixed on one of the facts. A file cabinet had been rifled through, and one of the files had been turned upside down, scattering pages everywhere. "This one, what was the name on the file? And were any of the pages missing?" The girl explained through a stutter that they had left everything as they found it initially, so there wasn't a way for them to tell whether or not the pages were missing. Immediately Nes demanded the location.

It didn't take them more than a few steps to reach it, a door sitting on one hinge, barely clinging to the wood of the door frame. Pages were scattered all along the floor, so many that the tile below them could only be seen in certain spots. And on top of the mess pile sat a folder with a very familiar name on it. "I would call Arthas an idiot, but I don't think he ever cared about hiding his intentions, not then and not now." To the girl's protest, Nes walked into the room and plucked the empty file from the floor before holding it up to the light. Yup, that was the professor's hand writing alright. Though he'd misspelled her name. Stenburg? What an American way to spell. Don't bother to look it up, just take a guess. "So, we have our answer on how to lure Arthas out of hiding. If we let him take his time, he'll show up eventually. But if we can get him to come and find me early by making it seem like I'm an easy target, we could get the jump on him." Nes already knew the answer was going to be a resounding 'no', but it could be a viable option. As of right now, they didn't know where Arthas was hiding out, so they couldn't just spring an attack on him.

✭ ✭ ✭ Looking for heaven, I found the devil in me.

Aged Codger

User Image
They say your eyes are on FIRE.
They say you'd kill a man for walking the wrong side of the line.
But men, they say a lot of foolish things...

✦ ✦ ✦

Ty watched as everyone else finally showed up. Yukimura was apparently paired with Aria in their absence and any confidence he spoke with almost seemed to be undermined by her detached attitude. Overall between the way he moved and spoke he was a perfect agent of the DWMA, and Ty found himself irritated by that fact. Ty just crossed his arms waiting for everyone to make their little entrance speeches. He could sense Cryska's soul just over the wall to the place they were standing and knew it would be a bit. Sure enough she showed up just in time to talk about darkness and being a monster. Ty did his best not to sigh out loud, realizing their group had apparently all become badly dressed super heroes while they were gone. Before they could start comparing tights Oliver brought up the possibility of a witch being involved and the professor missing before he got there. Ty wondered if he had really escaped or if he had gone with Arthas willingly. Allen had never shown any sign of betrayal, but more than once he showed a disturbing interest in Arthas' soul. Ty pushed the thought away for ater as he followed Nes inside the house. When they got inside Ty saw DWMA students running around examining and cataloging everything in site. Looking around Ty could see that none of them were very old and figured they must have beaten any real DWMA reps to France. Nes immediately starting passing around orders, having any reports brought directly to her. Ty found himself looking around the room and recreating the fight in his head. It wasn't a particularly long confrontation, but Ty could still see the marks on both the walls and the table in the room where Oliver and Rachel had been thrown. Ty was examining one of the cuts in the table when he heard Nes demand a file and started looking through it.

"So all we have to do is announce you will be at some public event and wait for Arthas to crash it." Ty said. it sounded easy enough but then again it was only half a plan. There was still the entire section of how to actually stop him, and how to get Rachel back that was still unknown. As Nes red through the file and looked for any missing pages Ty found himself bothered by the details in the file and wondered if Allen had just as detailed files on each of them. Back when the Cryska's soul was being overwhelmed with madness he had taken a good look at both Cryska and Yukimura's soul. So far only Ty and William had refused to let him play with their souls. He was tempted to ask the girl Nes was bossing around if she had seen any files on him but decided against it. "So we have one option, lets see about getting a second... Any leads on the professor?"

✦ ✦ ✦

You're gonna have to do better than FEAR.
Because when I come after you they will know what it means
To have FEAR dragged out into the Light.

►►►Location - Lab
►►►Company - Nes, Oliver, Yuki, Aria, Cryska
►►►Thoughts - Irritated

Generous Lunatic

8,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
User Image
User Image

With: Everyone Except Rachel
Action!: Meeting with the Others
Inner Voice: "Well, no time to rest
Mood: A little nervous, otherwise fine.
OOC: .

I never quit and I never surrender!

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Well, though the group had changed fundamentally, things stayed the same. Cryska was focused on the safety of the weapons in the situation, Nes was trying to wrap her mind around the whole scenario and Ty would sit behind and support her from her side. Spicer was quiet and let the people yap on. Yeah... that was about the situation. Yuki couldn't help but sigh out loud as the situation played out much like it normally had... it was like a copy of them from their last mission from DWMA. Giving Cryska a silent nod, Yuki did want to push the point that it wasn't just human or weapon, it was a living person's life on the line... but that conversation was like beating a dead horse with a stick, useless and a waste of energy. Listening to the plan, Yuki grimaced at the idea of setting up Nes as the decoy as he and Aria took to one section of the room together looking for clues to the whereabouts of the doctor in the ransacked lab. "Alright, but let's set up a backdoor so Nes can escape should things go south." Yuki noted as he looked to Aria and made a gesture to keep a close eye on Nes and the others seeing as this was a personal matter to them all and personal feelings in the line of duty could cause complications.

Just then, a loud crash erupted from outside the nearby window as he jetted up from his crouched position in a hurry. "Maybe we'll get one from our guest." Yuki spoke as he stood up and looked at the others to check with them about approaching the sound together. Well, the feeling of despair was rising... Might as well go and confirm his doubts about it before it would and bite him in the a**.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════

That's just the kind of guy I am!

msmotionless's Husband

IRL Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
W I L L I A M---- S P I C E R

Company: Nes Ty
Thoughts: ...
OOC:

█████████████████████ ██ ██ █

The plane ride went by in a flash. William's thoughts kept him occupied during the flight, he couldn't figure out why Arthas would suddenly reappear and kidnap Rachel mistaking her for his partner Hope. Thoughts on the possibility of brainwash or confusion from waking from the dead crossed his mind, but how could he forget his partner Hope? He had a bead of sweat drop down as he remembered the duo. The destruction and chaos they produced was something that William could respect, and fear.

When the group all gathered there wasn't any touching reunions, it was like they were all back for just another mission. It didn't bother William, he just found it a bit strange considering how the group was. Although there was one person he was unfamiliar with. Aria, the death weapon that Sylver used to handle. Wililam wasn't sure what to think of her, he knows that she isn't hostile. It was only her meister that held only ill intentions. When Aria spoke that their chances of success were minimal William didn't say anything. He knew that she was right, even if all of them had a chance to attack him altogether, Arthas would still be standing and even taunting them while he yawned. It was true that the only reason they were able to defeat him was because of Nes's light. But now they don't have that power, so that plan was no longer an option. Yukimura and Cryska said their part in the conversation. William just stayed back and observed the group, he didn't have a idea to share with the group so he might as well listen to the others and consider which one was the best.

It was finally Nes who came up with something, although dangerous to a certain someone, a plan nonetheless. He scoffed and exhaled air from his nose. They were to bait out Arthas using Nes, William didn't know if he'd actually take the bait, but if he did so what? Would they be able to stop him if he wanted to fight them? He was skeptical about it, but he would follow them still. They needed everyone just to stand up against him. When they arrived to the scene it was in a complete mess. He saw papers strewn all across the floor and things toppled over and broken. Looked like a wild animal had gotten loose in the lab, although that wasn't too far off the suspect. William examied the door that was almost ripped off. "Hmm, didn't care much for subtlety I presume. How unlike him..." Arthas had been using a fake name and posing as a teacher at the DWMA. He acted within the shadows and did a lot of his activity in secret. So why did he cause such a scene here? His thoughts were interrupted as a loud crashing noise came from the window. He instinctively turned his head and proceeded to the window with Yukimura.

█ ██ ██ ██████████████████████

Enduring Gatekeeper

User Image

User Image
                                                              Quietly, Cryska scoured the scene by herself while the others discussed some possible options. Rubble turned over, broken bits of equipment shuffled out of the way. It was clear a large struggle took place, a violent one even, but there was a distinct lack of something she expected to find in the place. Blood, the crimson elixir of life. There was none to be found, not from the professor or from the person suspected to be Arthas.

An audible noise echoed from outside, disrupting the death scythe's concentration, turning her head to look. "Go on then, have a look." Cryska said, flicking her head in the direction when Yuki wanted to investigate and Spicer seemed curious enough to follow. Meanwhile, Cryska stay crouched near the rubble and toyed with her flame for a moment before standing up and glancing toward Nes. "I very much doubt the professor is dead. Could it be he was taken or escaped, I wonder?" An inquisitive hum followed. "In any case, if bait is what you want to do, then we shouldn't waste any time. I have the perfect way to do it as well." Cryska said, smirking. "You're the head of a world wide empire. What bigger story is there than the head of such an business making a generous donation to a newly formed non-profit charity organization for demon weapons?" A hand was placed on her hip and Cryska winked at Nes. "If you want attention on you, that'd be how you do it, for sure."

Aged Codger

User Image
They say your eyes are on FIRE.
They say you'd kill a man for walking the wrong side of the line.
But men, they say a lot of foolish things...

✦ ✦ ✦

The rest of the group gathered to talk about Nes' plan but soon a crashing sound outside caught their attention. William and Yukimura both ran outside while Ty and Oliver both stared at the source of the noise. The soul was human and whoever it was attached to was in no mood to stick around and get caught. Ty set down his duffel bag and grabbed one of the items out of it, Tucking it into his belt line behind his back before joining the others outside. "Left, two blocks." he said as the two meisters went running towards the fleeing soul. Ty kept an eye on the soul and followed at a brisk pace. Whoever the soul belonged to could point them towards the professor, or even better Arthas. He watched as the mans soul was surrounded by Yuki and William. Ty finally rounded the corner and saw the middle aged man struggling as Yukimura held him in place. Ty walked up as the guy was yelling in french and Yukimura was trying to communicate with him. "Let me try." Ty said motioning for Yuki to let the guy go. After a moment of hesitation, Yuki let go of the mans arm and Ty watched as the man decided whether to run or not. "Do you speak english?" Ty asked slowly. The man replied in rapid french until Ty put his hand on the mans shoulder and hit him with his wavelength sending him sprawling onto the ground. "Lie to me again and see how that works out for you. Where is Arthas?" Ty stood over the man waiting for his response. "Please... Please let me go." he said. "Oh good you can speak English. Why were you watching us." Ty asked now knowing the spy at least understood them. "I was just curious, I'm sorry, please I don't know anything." The man answered while his eyes darted between the three of them. "What about Professor Laberlin?" The man looked back at him and was visibly sweating. "I... I don't know who that is." He was lying and this time Ty knew it. He wasn't just trying to play dumb, he knew something and was purposely hiding that fact from them. Yukimura moved forward and Ty didn't doubt he also knew the man was lying, but before he could step in Ty had decided things were moving too slowly.

The gunshot echoed through the alleyway and Ty lowered the gun as he watched the man in front of him clutching his bleeding leg. "I warned you not to lie to me... NOW WHERE IS HE!" Ty yelled slamming his foot down on the man's wounded leg. The guy was about to answer when Ty heard Nes yelling behind them. Ty turned and saw her running towards him with Oliver and Cryska in tow. Ty just sighed before waiving with his free hand. "Everything's fine, no reason to be alarmed. Our guest was just about to let us know where the Professor is... Isn't that right?" he said turning back to the man clutching his bleeding leg.

✦ ✦ ✦

You're gonna have to do better than FEAR.
Because when I come after you they will know what it means
To have FEAR dragged out into the Light.

►►►Location - Street
►►►Company - Everyone
►►►Thoughts - Irritated

Tipsy Genius

User Image

x
x

「 I'm ready to suffer and ready to hope 」
━━━━━━━━━━━
Agnesxxxxxx
xxxxStenberg
━━━━━━━━━━━
It's·a·shot·in·the·dark·aimed·right·at·my
xxxxxxx˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ ˟ Throat

✭ ✭ ✭

"A donation to a foundation for demon weapons. Hmm. I would be interested, but of course, I would need to make sure such an organization wasn't doing anything violent, you know?" Nes was well aware of Cryska's exploits in New York, and though she could see where she was coming from, she didn't agree with the method. Forcibly separating weapons and meisters...who really had a choice in the matter? Wasn't forcing them apart just as bad as forcing them together? With a kind smile, Nes sighed. It seemed everyone had left without them except Oliver, who stayed at her side as she'd instructed him to. "...We can go over the details later, right? Seems everyone's left without us." Talking business with a friend, especially her best friend, felt so awkward. It was almost a relief to leave the building and follow behind the rest of the group. Well, until a gunshot went off.

"Tyberious Carde, what in the hell are you doing with that?!" As she approached he waved it off as if it were nothing important, aside from the fact that he was about to cause an international incident with her in tow. Nes placed a hand on his and lowered his weapon from the man slowly, the man made no effort to get up at all, rocking back and forth and breathing between sobs. "F-fine! Allen is staying with me! In my home! I'm hiding him from whoever attacked him, I went to check on him and he was injured...he begged me not to take him anywhere public!" Nes wrestled the gun from Ty's grasp. Of course he'd be impulsive when it came to matters with Arthas, so she wasn't angry. But...using a gun? She'd never even held one before. "I want all of these gone, Ty. Whatever is going to happen, we can get through it together the way we normally do, not with any of- OH WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!?" As she'd been waving the fire arm in the air to make a point, her finger slipped and a shot fired into the air, luckily missing everyone in the area completely. She dropped it out of surprise, and luckily it clattered to the ground without firing again. Nes jumped into Ty's arms, and he caught her almost as if he'd been waiting for that very thing to happen.

✭ ✭ ✭ Looking for heaven, I found the devil in me.

Enduring Gatekeeper

User Image

User Image
                                                              "Violent? What do you take me for, honestly? I assure you we've done nothing but help demon weapons and bring prosperity to the city." Cryska said, beaming a hallow smile. Of course, what she said was true. Completely, in fact. City of Hope, as it was aptly named, did just as Cryska had set forth to do. Created within New York a safe place in which demon weapons could live or start over. While there were many individual assistance programs enacted, there were also inevitable community contributions at large. Schools, care centers and the like all began to sprout up on top of it. Did it birth from less than just ways? It did, but Cryska made sure those... benefactors had no part in what her organization did or accomplished. Even with her threat made to the DWMA, Cryska had kept that completely separate. Could fault even be placed on her for the academy not heeding her warning? To the eyes of her city, she was a paragon of altruism.

"Right, we'll talk about it later." Cryska replied, leaving to follow after the others. At the sound of gunshot, the two looked at each before entering a sprint toward the source of the noise. The source being Ty shooting a witness in the leg as a means of torture. "How crude." She commented silently as she looked on. Shooting someone was such an ineffective way to gain information. Messy as well and loud as well. When the man finally admitted why he was there, Cryska could only hold a gloved hand over her face, shaking it back and forth slightly before running digits through gold hair. "Excellent. You shot the professor's savior." She could only sigh after all, leaving Nes to chide him. Amazingly, Nes managed to shoot the gun again, thankfully in the air, but it still caused everyone to duck slightly and the bird on her shoulder to screech loudly along with the echo of the shot. The eagle transformed into it's own pistol which Cryska caught before bending down to pick up the other. "I'll just take this then." The death scythe unloaded the bullet from the chamber as well the magazine, proceeding to slip it along with the gun into her coat.

"Somebody go call help for the poor guy, geez." From helping a friend to ending up in a hospital, that was a great way to be repaid. Cryska knelt down next to him, resting a calming hand on his shoulder. "Let me see." She said sweetly, slowly moving his hands away. Gazing at the wound, Cryska tried to wipe away blood to get a better look. "I'm going to stop the bleeding, but first I need to get the bullet out, okay?" She told him. "Bite down on this." Cryska offered her left arm. "It's padded for my bird. Bite as hard as you want, I won't feel it." Another smile as she worked with one hand to tear the pant leg a bit. She transformed one finger into a smaller version of her blade, sitting on top of his leg so that she could keep it still. "I'll be quick." As she spoke, she hastily slipped the tip of the blade in his leg, wedging the slug out. Afterward, she held that same hand over the top, concentrating. "Keep bitin'." Cryska told him, he would feel a bit more pain, but she would stop the bleeding in a moment. Cryska focused and applied heat enough to cauterize a very minuscule area so as not to leave lasting marks or future complications. "All done. Paramedics will handle the rest when they get here, but I can't stay with you. Will you please tell us where you're keeping the professor? We're a little short on time." Cryska continued to speak softly and friendly. Apparently all those changes in New York had changed her as well. Caring for the injured and weak? That was a daily occurrence for her these days.

Aged Genius

9,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
They see you as small and helpless
They you as just a child

Surprised when they find out a warrior will soon run wild

[Oliver Octavian]

User Image

The young meister was with Nes most of the time helping her decipher notes and figure out what was missing. He had spent an entire month with the man as an unofficial lab assistant, so it was best for him. He was however on guard still, unlike when him and Rachel came in. His eyes and head turned when a glow of a human soul entered his peripherals before watching the soul fall from the roof and make a loud noise. Oliver watched as Yuki, William, and Ty went to go take care of it. He decided to stay put and help find clues on the premises.

After a while Cryska got to talking about her organization, which made Oliver frown ever so slightly. The pair had even heard rumors of what was going on in New York. Based on his limited reaction and the threat he had received, which he had taken as a joke at the time, when he first agreed to be Rachel's meister, Oliver assumed the rumors to be true. It had even sparked an argument during a training session. Something he learned after that never to try and have during training again. Regardless, it made Oliver on extra edge now. The entire situation put a lot of stress, so his paranoia went up a little.

In the middle of his thoughts, the sound of a gun went off. Oliver rushed out with Nes and Cryska trying to figure out what had happened. When it was revealed that Ty had been the one to shoot the poor man, he watched Nes attempt to scold him, but the point was lost when she let it go off accidentally. This made him sigh heavily and he just walked off opting to look for an abnormally calm soul with Soul Perception instead of trying to torture information from someone.

With: Nes, Ty, Yukimmura, Aria,Cryska, and William
OOC:

Prepare for your greatest moment.
Prepare for your finest hour.

The dream that you always dreamed is suddenly about to flower

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items