Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

User Image
Kaine Parker

‘Chitauri… Loki…’ Kaine thought in anger. The only thought that occurred in his mind was how he is going to murder the man named Loki for killing the most important people in his life... the only people in his life. At this point, Kaine doesn’t care whether he lives or die; he just wants to kill the person responsible for this entire thing. Forgiveness was not an option for him, not anymore. Living in Texas with a society full of ‘Chitauri’ was never an easy task, especially when there is a nonstop horde of them. You just… live with it. No church to pray in or ask forgiveness from, just have to keep faith in hoping you are forgiven for your sins. Kaine kept a cross necklace inside of his suit because he knew of the murderer he once was, but then again… the necklace also reminds him. He’s intensions, whether he goes to hell or not, he will kill Loki. Kaine assumed Jean did come back from what seems like a mission and nodded his head in understanding that it was probably confidential. “Wher-“he was cut off when Jean mentioned something bad was about to happen. She turned and starts walking off.

‘What the hell’ Kaine thought as she walks away. “I’m not done with you” he mutters walking behind her (still in a state of pain) without her acknowledgment. She was heading down a stairwell towards an area that seems like prison cells suddenly stopping at a doorway staring at a small girl watching an unconscious man. “Do you know them” Kaine asks kind of hoping to startle her. The little girl didn’t seem recognizable, but he couldn’t get a real glimpse of the man behind the glass cage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Company: Jean Grey

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And if you're still bleeding, you're the lucky ones,
because most of us our feelings, they are dead and they are gone...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
....:::: Jane Foster
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image
As they made their way to the garage, Wanda elaborated more on where they were planning to meet; the former Brotherhood house. As Wanda described it, it seemed as safe a meeting place as any, but Jane had lived throughout New Asgard long enough to never assume any place wasn't being watched. She expected that Wanda was just as cautious, for the same reasons.

The astrophysicist followed as the other woman continued to lead the way, into the garage and to a surprisingly well-kept vehicle, deep red in color. Wanda unlocked the doors with the press of a button and slid into the driver's seat, fishing her phone from her bag to send a brief message to her son, Jane was sure, as Jane took her seat on the opposite side.

As they pulled out of the underground garage and out onto the road, Jane took the momentary silence to try and settle the lingering anxiety she still felt. Sitting in the passenger's seat of the vehicle gave her limited moving space, but sitting still when she was already on edge had never been a strong suit of hers, clearly. Her hand moved momentarily to the small pendant around her neck, the one Thor had given her just days prior; Jane absentmindedly turned the dark red gemstone over in her hand all the while glancing out the window, the roads becoming more and more unfamiliar to her the farther they drove from base.

She hadn't told Thor about Alvaro, either; when they spoke last, she hadn't gotten the news that her son was still alive at all. Saying anything him, of all people, was another very daunting bridge that she knew she would have to cross when she got to it, granted she had no idea where the hell to even begin, and even less of an idea of how he would react when she did...

One step at a time, she had to keep telling herself. She wouldn't be helping herself or anyone else by worrying about the others, now.

She didn't know whether it was the drive itself, or the fact that they were now a good distance away from SHIELD's base, but Jane oddly found herself feeling considerably more calm despite everything that was weighing on her mind. Wanda's next inquiry quickly brought her back to the present, and she turned to look to the other woman, carefully tucking the necklace beneath the neckline of her shirt again so that it was concealed from sight; “So, Miss Foster, how do you want to do this? Do you want to wait in the main room so he'll see you right away, or do you want to hide so I can prepare him?” Jane wasn't sure how to what answer to give, right away; she didn't want to hide, but... ”This is difficult enough on him as it is, I'm sure” she finally replied; ”I hate to hide from him, but maybe it's best, to give him a little space”. Alvaro probably wouldn't be the only one of them who needed a minute, either.

Assuming he gave her that much of a chance.

"It's weird; I never saw myself being a mom before..." Jane started again after another brief silence, "before all of this; I was so absorbed in work back then, I never gave the idea any thought." Jane knew she was rambling, but if it helped... "and now, I still have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
... we're setting fire to our insides for fun;
collecting pictures from the flood that wrecked this home.

Interesting Prophet

Roy Buchanan Rogers
Medic Field Uniform

User Image

░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓████ ████▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░

“Of course sir, I won’t tell her anything.” Roy replied, understanding what Clint was saying, though he hadn’t known that Avalon had been injured in the Invasion. If he had known that he wouldn’t have asked her to bring him his laptop. He would have found another way to acquire any laptop, which would suffice for what he wanted to do with it, but he preferred his own. “I’m under orders to relax, Sir,” Roy replied in response to Clint’s leaving comment. Once the door was closed securely behind Clint, Roy opened his laptop and got to work. Hacking into the bases security video archive didn’t take Roy very long, it never did. He was pulling footage from the many base cameras in order to piece them together, which would then give him a glimpse at what had happened in the base during the Invasion. His mother had assured him that none of what had happened was his fault, but he couldn’t stop himself from feeling like it was. If he hadn’t gotten himself under Loki’s mind control then, there was a chance the invasion could have been avoided. He hoped the footage would give him an idea of how to atone for his sins.

While he was running the program that would download only footage from the Invasion, he took out his cell and looked at the text Austin had sent him. His brother wanted to stop the blood tests, which likely meant that Austin wanted to tell their parents what had happened to him when the Chitauri had tortured him three months back. It was a pretty big secret that they had been covering up since Roy had initially discovered the anomalies in his twin’s bloodstream after Austin had returned from searching for their dad. Still, he supposed it would have come to light at some point anyways and knew that it was better for their parents to find out from them instead of stumbling onto it themselves. He began typing up a resosne:

To: Austin
                                                  Msg: Okay, we’ll tell mom and dad when you get back and then we do need to talk about what happened yesterday. Also, I’m in the medbay under orders to relax instead of working.

Roy pressed send, unknowing that his brother was already in the base. The program on his laptop was taking a little bit since it was gathering up a lot of footage, though the door to the room opened again shortly thereafter. Clint was back, but appeared to be in worse shape than when he left earlier. Apparently Avalon was missing, which was never a good sign. “I don’t know where Ava ran off to, but I will find out, Sir.” Roy replied instantly minimized the program he already had running and started a to search through the most recent security footage the base had on file in order to try and pinpoint Avalon. He first found footage of Natasha in the lower levels, but Avalon wasn’t with her. “Ava isn’t with Widow,” Roy reported and went back to other recent footage. It took him a little longer, but he found exactly what he was looking for… and he didn’t like what he saw. “I found security footage of Ava following an emotional Howard Stark… outside of the base and going into the surrounding area.”

Roy disliked being the bearer of bad news, but he had other things to worry about right now. He then picked up his cell, dialed a numer and as soon someone picked up at the other end Roy said, “This is Roy Rogers, I need a medical team at my location now. Clint Barton seems to have opened up his wounds.” No sooner had Roy hung up, the door to the room was being opened and a medic or two rushed into the room. The medics ignored him while they focused their attention on the injured Avenger in the room.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓████ ████▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Interesting Prophet

"Nú var Loki tekinn griðalauss ok
farit með hann í helli nökkvorn.
Þá tóku þeir þrjár hellur ok settu
á egg ok lustu rauf á hellunni hverri.
Þá váru teknir synir Loka Váli ok Nari eða Narfi."

xxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now Loki was taken truceless, and was brought
                          with them into a certain cave. Thereupon they took
                          three flat stones, and set them on edge and drilled a
                          hole in each stone. Then were taken
                          Loki's sons Váli and Nari or Narfi..."

User Image

"Brugðu æsir Vála í vargslíki ok reif
                                                                          hann í [sundr] Narfa, bróður sinn.
                                                                          Þá tóku æsir þarma hans ok bundu Loka
                                                                          með yfir þá þrjá [egg]steina, einn undir
                                                                          herðum, annarr undir lendum, þriði undir
                                                                          knésfótum, ok urðu þau bönd at járni."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...the Æsir changed Váli into the form of a wolf,
                                                                                                  and he tore asunder Narfi his brother.
                                                                                                  And the Æsir took his entrails and bound Loki
                                                                                                  with them over the three stones: one stands under
                                                                                                  his shoulders, the second under his loins, the third
                                                                                                  under his houghs; and those bonds were turned to iron."

User Image

Nari nodded as Hnoss boldly stated that the time they would spend together in the future would be a date. He had no objection, since he would have stated the same thing if Hnoss hadn’t done so herself moments ago. He supposed she would want to go to her room for a few minutes once he and his brother were assigned their room. He and Váli had always shared a room and didn’t even think about the possibility that they might get assigned different ones. So, he would used the intermission between parting from the girls and meeting Hnoss for their date to brag to Váli. He would brag to Váli and encourage him to get together with Gersemi since his brother seemed to like her.

Váli smiled back as he listened to her response. He wondered how they had convinced the gatekeeper to open the gate for them. The gatekeeper hadn’t budged on anything that he and Nari had said to try and earn passage to Midgard the easy way. Instead they had discovered an alternate route that had accomplished the same feat, but not without some delay. They had found their mother, but had been separated from each other not long after their arrival to Midgard. Perhaps later when they met again, he would inquire, but for now he would let it go. There was more important matters on his mind than that, which concerned speaking to his mother. He worried that there was more to her time at the Tower than what was actually being said, though he currently didn’t show it.

When they reached the end of the hall, their walk came to an end as the blond mortal turned them. She stood between two doors and explained that the rooms behind her belong to the twins. Váli and Nari exchanged a surprised expression, though Nari’s expression appeared more surprised than his brother’s did. Though, the twins nodded as the mortal told them to remember the codes before excusing herself from them. Their time with the girls was coming to an end as they excused themselves shortly afterwards. “Until later,” Váli replied to Gersemi’s last statement as she walked off. Meanwhile Nari replied to Hnoss saying, “Of course Beautiful.” When the girls were no longer in sight, Váli followed Nari into one of the rooms and closed the door behind them.

“I’ll wait a few before I go see Hnoss,” Nari said going over to the bed and laying down on it, his hands behind his head. Meanwhile Váli leaned against the wall across from him. “While I’m exploring with Hnoss, you should go spend some time with Gersemi. Please do not tell me you missed her offer, which was obviously directed at you?” Nari knew his brother could sometimes miss these sort of things, though he hoped Váli had gotten better at noticing.

“Hnoss does seem taken with you brother, though I am not surprised. Women do seem to take a liking to you.” Váli said remembering those other women that Nari had caught the eye of, though they never lasted very long for some reason. His brother changed the subject before he could say anything else about him and Hnoss going to explore the base together. “Of course I caught that brother, though I don’t know if I want to accept.”

“We all have our charms brother and I bet if you stopped hiding your true emotions, more women would like you. It would save me a lot of work finding you a date.” Nari retorted to his twins first statement. He loved his brother, but Nari did not get why Váli always hid his emotions from everyone else. “Believe me, I don’t know why she would want to help the mortals clean this place up either. The mortals seem perfectly capable of cleaning up this base on their own. However, if you accept then you can ask her for her reasons to do so.”

“That is true brother,” Váli muttered, still slightly unsure. They had come here to be with and protect their mother, not help these mortals. He knew that it was likely the opposite where the daughters of Freyja were concerned as well other Asgardians coming to Midgard to help. “I suppose I would not have to take part in helping to clean up…”

“Precisely, brother. She can not make you do anything you do not wish to do.” Nari agreed, “I advise you to accept the offer. At the very least you’ll be able to ask her why she’s helping the mortals.”

User Image

Their Location: Midgard, SHIELD base They're wearing: These Midgardian clothes Company: Hnoss, Gersemi & Christa Their weapons: Vali & Nari

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Interesting Prophet

User Image
User Image

User Image

Cory watched Jake interact with Howie, hoping that Howie would be okay with this change. Jake was being great with Howie so far, though she couldn’t predict how Howie would take a request such as the one her boyfriend made of her adoptive brother. She knew quite well that everyone had to be careful around Howie, lest they set off one of his transformations. Cory just hopped Jake’s request wouldn’t trigger one of her brother’s transformations. Hearing Howie’s response Cory took a couple steps towards her brother, but he bolted before she could even get close. She should have expected a response like that to such a request, but she had hoped that her brother would have reacted better since Jake had only meant well. Cory stayed where she was as Jake ran after Howie, knowing that sometimes it was better to let Howie calm down on his own.

“JARVIS keep track of Howie for me. I’ll check in later.” “Yes, Miss Stark.” Came the instant response and she knew that her request would be taken care of. She looked then at Stark… or rather where Stark had been standing a moment ago. He apparently had chosen to walk off while the rest of them were focused on Howie, which she supposed made sense. Still it annoyed her slightly. She sighed, deciding to focused on waiting for Jacob to come back. Howie was a fast runner and knew how to lose a pursuer in the base if he wanted to. Cory knew from past experience, which was one of her reasons for not joining Jake in going after Howie. It wasn’t long before Jake returned to her side and apologized for losing track of Howie.

“Don’t worry about it Jake. Sometimes it’s better to let Howie calm down on his own.” Cory assured her boyfriend. Even without being able to see his eyes, she knew him well enough to know that he would think that this was entirely his fault. In a way she supposed it was, but she wasn’t going to let him take all the blame. She had planned on explaining about Jake while doing something fun with Howie, but she hadn’t had the chance to do so this morning. “It’s not your fault, Jake. Howie has been through a lot more than any ten year old should have to go through. How he’ll react to certain things can be unpredictable as a result. So, please don’t blame yourself.”

User Image

{She's wearing: Comfy clothes}
                                                    {She's with: Jacob, Iron Demon, Howard & Tony Stark}
                                                    {Her location: SHIELD base, Hallway}

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image
"I feel I'm doing what I should've done a lifetime ago; for a little while I'm not afraid.
Maybe it's because I'm doing the right thing at last.
Maybe it's because I've done a rash thing and don't want to look the coward to you..."

User Image

.: Olivia [ Livewire ] Santos :::...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >>> - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - -
>> - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> - - - - - - - -

Olivia turned corner after corner, intent on following the other two women to the garage and wherever they were headed to beyond that. She kept at a brisk pace as she walked, focusing on the others in the hall just enough to note anything suspicious, but otherwise keeping well to herself. Leaving the base and keeping up with them was going to be a challenge on it's own, she was sure; with no personal vehicle on the premise and no clearance to go near many of the others, her options were all but confined to lying her way out past security, or just plain carjacking. Olivia wasn't fond of either, but of course, desperate times...

The second she turned down the next hall, however, her own view of the pathway was quickly distorted to another image in her mind. Olivia only had to see a half second's glimpse of herself in the vision before she quickened her pace, hand immediately reaching for one of her guns; just as a young man rounded the corner walking in the opposite direction.

Another Hybrid.

Olivia was fast in catching up to him, but the young man was faster, grabbing her firmly by the arm before she could do a thing to speak or fight him; “do not make any sudden movements” he spoke in a low tone, “and go into that room.” The other Hybrid's mannerism was calm, quiet, trying not to cause a scene, she noted; despite her own rising unease, Olivia followed his lead with no protest, glancing sideways at a number of people passing by them in the hallway, seemingly oblivious that anything was wrong. Immediately it left her wondering how long this particular Hybrid had been infiltrating SHIELD; to not even give the man a second glance, they had to recognize him... yet in the two days she'd been there, when he couldn't have been in the building without her noticing.

She quickly found herself with her back to the wall seconds after she was forcibly led through the door; Olivia quickly forced herself to focus on the problem at hand, telling herself to question the details when her own life wasn't in immediate danger. “How do you know what I am” the man interrogated immediately, and at first Olivia didn't answer; he was a Hybrid, there was absolutely no mistaking it, and so it struck her as strange that he hadn't already put two and two together for himself when he should have been able to tell... shouldn't he?

This had to be some kind of trick. “Please, just... I don't know what the you're talking about...” she quickly rambled in feigned confusion, with as much voice as she could muster with his arm pressed against her throat; for the moment she allowed her anxiety to bleed into her voice, to come off as much like an innocent bystander as she could, using his ignorance to her own Hybrid blood to her advantage while she had it. Taking cue from her fight with Luca the day before, she moved one arm to her side, feeling blindly across the wall behind her for the keypad to the door. Where he'd trapped her it was just barely within her reach, and Olivia quickly grasped for it with her fingertips, doing her best to ignore the strain the movement was putting on her shoulder; she barely had to touch the keypad before an audible click could be heard from the door she'd been led through, and a short succession of beeps and announced that the electronic locks had been activated, trapping both of them. The lights flickered briefly just seconds before Olivia grabbed hold of the soldier's arm with both hands like a vice, the veins in her hands seeming to glow as the familiar current of electrical energy flowed from her hands before delivering a powerful shock to her attacker. "I mean, I would think it would be pretty damn obvious..." She felt his grip on her loosen immediately, and wasted no time taking action from there, twisting his arm downward and freeing herself completely from his grip before throwing him against the wall, and quickly moving out of his reach; before the soldier could move again Olivia drew one of her guns, the weapon lighting up and charging to fire as soon as she raised it against him. “Now, how about you don't make any sudden movements, kid” she started, moving around him slightly so that she stood between him and the locked door, “and start by telling me exactly who the hell sent you here, and why.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
status: injured but recovering | mood: concerned/defensive/angry | location: SHIELD Base, Weschester | company: Austin

User Image User Image

"Those who don't build, must burn. It was a pleasure to burn."

Interesting Prophet

User Image

...Being defeated is often a temporary condition...

Zayne hadn’t wanted to be correct, but she was. It had indeed been her cousin Jormungandr in human form that she had encountered yesterday. If it her other cousins had escaped their imprisonment as well, like Lady Freyja stated, then it did appear that Ragnarok was upon them. The Norns said it would be the end of days for Asgard and there would be much death by the time it was over with. It was an event that Zayne had hoped would never come to pass as it was truly frightening to even think about coming true. Still, it appeared that the fates had other ideas in mind for their time on Midgard. Perhaps there was a way to imprison them once again and stop Ragnarok from happening before it was too late? She turned her attention to her mother as she began speaking. Zayne considered that her cousins could have turned against their father, which she supposed was plausible. Still, with the appearance of that powerful being she had fought yesterday, Zayne remained unconvinced of that theory. If anything she was convinced that the creature she’d fought better had something to do with her cousins’ release from their imprisonment.

Shortly after her question was able to be answered, a young boy had wondered in and was visibly upset by the sight of Loki. Fray was the first to engage the boy, going to block the boy’s sight of Loki. The boy tried to push past Fray, but only ended with Fray tightly holding the boy’s arm. Zayne watched with growing alarm as the boy suddenly began to change form, a massive creature comparable to that of the Avenger the Hulk. Or at least from what she had heard of the Avenger’s other form. Her hand was instantly on the hilt of her sword, ready to intervene if it became necessary. Though she had the upmost respect for Fray’s ability as a warrior that did not stop Zayne from being at the ready on the off chance that her skills would be needed. The argument became a shouting match in which Fray introduce himself attaching on the title that the Allfather had bestowed upon him. She had never known the reason for such a title nor as to why Fray’s weapons seemed a little too big for him… well until now that is. Fray began to change form as well and she stared on in shock as the two began a small skirmish.

Although as quick as the skirmish was to begin it was over with and Fray was still trying to talk the other creature down. It appeared that Fray finally got through to the creature as it reverted back to the boy it had been before. Fray also reverted back to his normal form, which Zayne was grateful for. This base had sustained enough damage over the past twenty four hours and she would have disliked it to receive any more damage, even if it wasn’t intentional. Lady Hill now began speaking with the boy, calling the boy by name, once things had calmed a bit. Howie responded saying that he usual came down here to be alone, but then ran off before anyone else could stop him. “Excuse me, Lady Hill, but what was that boy?” she was most curious, though another male would enter the cell block and drew Zayne’s attention as soon as he uttered his name. Her hand was once more on the hilt of her sword as she looked at this new comer, who bore a very strong resemblance to her uncle… an almost exact resemblance. Lady Freyja chastised him for sating that he was Ragnarok before leaving. She supposed that if the elder goddess did not perceive this Ragnarok to be a threat then he was not, but she did not release the hilt of her sword just in the off chance.

Fray began speaking again and Zayne gladly turned her attention to him. This mortal realm was starting to become a quite confusing, so turning her focus to a friend was preferred right now than to try and figure out what was confusing her. Fray’s explanation of his ability to transform actually made sense: His father was the Avenger the Hulk. Though why this had been kept secret from the Avenger was another puzzle entirely, but perhaps one to be explained another time. She nodded returning Fray’s gentle smile towards her with one of her own. She had often wondered why he was holding back when they would spar on occasion when she visited the training field. Though, to be honest she had always thought he was holding back because she was the Princess of Asgard. Still, she had never actually asked her mother’s student allowed. “Yes, I did wonder Fray why you always held back,” she confirmed for him, “Though now I understand why you always did.” Her smiled faltered a bit hearing his last statement. It made sense as to why her grandfather would give him such a mission, but still thought of her uncle actually dying did sadden her a bit.

However, her attention as soon drawn to a little girl running into the room and straight over to Loki, calling him ‘Daddy’. She recognized the small child to be Enya Lokidottir, whom she had met in her short lived time in the dungeon below the Tower a couple days back. Zayne instantly walked over to Enya and smiled at her, “Hello Enya, I don’t know if you remember me, but we met a days or so ago. I’m Zayne.” She spoke to her small cousin hoping to distract her from Loki’s still form as this was not currently a place a small child should be. She held a hand out to Enya as she spoke next, “Your father’s had a hard day and needs his rest, but we can play together if you like?”

...Giving up is what makes it permanent...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Zayne's outfit

Fuzzy Pup

4,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Austin knew that she was just trying to trick him. He saw her in his vision questioning him so he knew that she knew what he was. That scared voice was not going to trick him. Knowing she was not an innocent bystander no matter how much she tried to act it. Focusing on her did not notice the lights, its not like it was something he was paying attention too.

The sudden shock made Austin let go of her and was over powered. Damn it all that training was useless because he got himself shocked like that and he could not move his muscles to do as he wanted. Okay so to her it was Obvious, she would have noticed what he was in the hall and he had no idea what she was, well he had an idea she was an hybrid like him now or she was a mutant and that was her power he felt.

Pushing himself away from her Austin looked her over as she told him to talk about who sent him. “No one sent me, my name is Austin Rogers I am here to see my team. I am not a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. but a different organization and my men are here. So now it’s your turn. How do know what I am? I have made sure to never let any one besides one person know what I am.” He told her. The only one who would know what he was, was Roy. Well here in the base Keira knew and he already missed her. She was not in the base and seemed like she was not going to tell any one, did Roy betray him and tell some one his secret because Austin told him that he was done with the blood tests?
User Image

User Image

“Yes... and no. I have performed the funeral rite of my people” Erik listened to the man explain briefly, “a short song sang at all funerals, whether it be for the most hated of criminals or the most cherished of loved ones.” His people? Who was this man? The stranger's clothing and overall mannerism said possibly another Asgardian, which was exactly what they needed on top of everything else... however, Erik wasn't about to jump to any conclusions. “I am mainly here to meet you, Erik.” Now that caught the Brotherhood leader somewhat off guard, and the look he cast the other man spoke of nothing but suspicion. ”Well you've found me, stranger; so speak.” he replied with an edge of hostility in his voice.

He was in no way prepared for the man's next words. ”It's a shame what happened to you, and you have my sympathies for it. No one should have to lose their mother at such a tender age...” Erik's only reaction was the sudden, faint tremor of the very ship they stood on, and the audible rattle of steel as the anchor itself and every ounce of metal on board and near the Jolly Roger shook and threatened to break loose. No one but a very small few knew the details of those days, memories of ordeals that Erik himself would have long tried to bury and forget, if they hadn't been the very fuel of his survival for so long. ”Somehow I don't believe you chose to come all the way out here for mindless, piteous chatter” he started, the warning tone of his voice slowly turning to anger despite his best effort; ”instead, perhaps you should start by explaining yourself.” He still had no desire to start a fight where he didn't have to; not now. But if this man intended to try and mess with his mind... for what purpose? Who in the hell was he?

The man's immediate reply was an apology, before he finally chose to introduce himself; Vikzakta, a name that was in no way familiar to the Brotherhood leader. But while Erik wanted nothing more at the moment than to remove the man from his late comrade's ship the absolute best way he knew how, he willed himself, as well as his powers, to settle again as he listened. Vikzakta was not a telepath, a fact Erik had all but gathered for himself already; he wasn't of any species that he could identify from looking at him; and the mutant was no closer to letting his guard down or trusting the man than he'd been when he'd first seen him on the ship's deck. Before either one of them could speak again, however, Lehnsherr heard the familiar rush of wings overhead, seconds before Keira landed on the ship's deck, her human nowhere in sight. “Aussie went home,” she immediately said before he had chance to ask of his whereabouts, before his granddaughter continued on the rest of what she intended to say in German, her words very almost making him forget about the stranger standing across from them. Almost.

“Er sagt, HYDRA hat schlaferzellen im turm. Ir will mit ihnen uber sie halten sie fest zusammen sprechen.” HYDRA. It certainly wasn't a name the Brotherhood leader was unfamiliar with, yet it was almost strange to hear the name brought up by any other than himself or Loki. Erik had learned of their continual existence, discovered the affiliation of many of their human allies many years ago; back when he himself had looked into the Hybrid experiments, the very project that many of their mutant brethren had lost their lives to in that time. The majority of them that survived the serum, that didn't later flee the city when it became clear that the serum didn't affect the X-gene in the way they'd hoped, had been put down like common animals for failing to be efficient, obedient soldiers...

Luca, the Asgardian's Hybrid bodyguard who had been killed only yesterday, had been the adopted son of the project's head scientist, as it had turned out; a fine soldier in the making even long before he'd become another one of their lab rats. The project head, a man Erik only ever cared to know as Dr. Hirsch, had long since passed away, himself. Evidently no one, not even his own organization, had cared to question it when just a little over ten years ago, Hirsch had decided one night to put a bullet into his own head. Any advancements of the Hybrid serum had all but ended with him, a few years later; afterward Erik had made no other attempt at uprooting HYDRA on his own, hardly in the position to do so without raising too much suspicion against the Brotherhood. But with the doctor gone it made for one less threat his people had to face in the continuation of the war; one step forward, even if it had been a small one.

Now, the Rogers boy's interest in HYDRA seemed more than enough reason for the two of them to speak again, at a more appropriate time; if nothing else, he was curious as to what information Rogers had to share. Erik now wondered, honestly, if the young man and his comrades knew just how deep HYDRA's roots truly ran... "Ser gut," he replied to his granddaughter's message, ”Wen sie ihn sehen, sagen sie ihm, wir werden redden.” All the while Erik did not take his attention off of Vixzakta as he spoke, for his continued distrust of the man.

Quote:
"Wen sie ihn sehen, sagen sie ihm, wir werden reden" => "When you see him again, tell him that I will speak with him."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

status: well | location: Old Manhattan Port, New Asgard | company: Keira/Vixzakta

User Image User Image

- - - < - - - - - - - - << - - - - -
"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders.
Never again."

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
War is an Art. To think of it as a science is a fool’s errand.
User Image

Vixzakta climbed to his feet and then looked Erik in the eyes, “Right to point, as expected. I have come here because you could easily say I admire you. I am on this world to who this world people fight off Loki and his supposed allies. I am at this location to meet you. You‘re people have something called television, I have an ability that has allowed me to watch your life unfold all the way from My home world Of Colossian. An ability very, very few colossi are gifted enough to be born with. As old as you feel yourself to be, and as old as the Asgardians can live to be, Your races are still very young, and you have yet to secure true longevity for your people. As Young as I appear to you, I am 15,000 of your years old.” Then Vixzakta smiled once more before closing his eyes for a moment. The tremor in the ship did not go unnoticed. Zak opened his eyes, staring Erik in the eyes. “I have watched you‘re entire life unfold starting the moment you were separated from your mother and you used your powers for the first time to mangle a gate of a work camp in an attempt to reach your mother during one of the more horrifying and racist acts in the entirety of the history of your people. As strange as it sounds, the only person who could possibly know you better than me, Is a man who I would have very much desired to meet if he were still alive. ” Then He paused for few short moments and then looked away from Erik. “Once more, I apologize. I have watched your life just as one of your people would watch television. I don‘t imagine it being comfortable for you knowing that someone has been watching you from so far away at all waking hours. ” Then Zak Turned and Looked to the sky once more. He looked directly at Colossian. “I’m a Colossus. My species is silicon based. We have metals such as adamantium, iridium, and vibranium included in the elemental orchestra that makes up the various organic compounds in our bodies. These three are among the 32 most common elements in Colossian’s crust. And…” then he realm jumped to Colossian, changed size, and realm jumped back to earth. He appeared again in earth’s atmosphere with his feet 200 feet off the ground on dry land and then came down with a heavy concussive thud; landing with both feet on the ground and his knees bent, crouched over. He slowly rose to straighten and then looked at Erik from where he stood between two buildings. To all present he truly would seem a colossus as he stood 32 stories tall and judging from just how loud his landing had been, as well as how strong the vibrations were, He had to weigh thousands of tons. Zak smiled and put his hands in his pockets. “I‘m almost 40% larger than any other living member of my race born in modern times.” Then Zak just stared down at the boat from where he stood. He knew this would be a lot to take in. He also knew He hadn’t earned any trust at all. In fact he’d probably lost any chance of earning any. But he held onto hope.

“Call me Zak. General is too formal for such a casual setting, even if we are at war.”
"And I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth..
For the old Heaven and the old Earth had passed away, and there was no more sea."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > <<< - - - - - -

User Image

The Midgard Serpent ..:: Jormungandr Lokison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<< - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<< - - - - - - -

User Image
It did not take long after he'd sat down, for the Midgardian boy to respond in kind; but where Jormungandr had expected at least some air of caution on the child's part, given they were clearly in dangerous territory, yet there did not seem to be any fear or wariness from him at all. As foolish a Midgardian as any... he couldn't help noting to himself. “If you need help Sir, I could help you” the child had offered almost immediately; “from the look of things we all need help.” He might as well have asked aloud to be captured, himself. Sleipnir's plan, he supposed, was not so farfetched after all.

There was more movement nearby, more small, human footsteps; Jormungandr didn't turn to face the source, a young girl, even as she wandered out from where Jormungandr could only guess she'd been hiding moments before, approaching the both of them. “Yes, we do need help; we seem to have gotten ourselves a bit lost, she added. Still he had no way of knowing if either one of them belonged to the Resistance or not, but Jormungandr pressed on nonetheless.

“Lost might be an understatement I think...” he started to answer admittedly, careful not to let his usual manner of speech slip as he spoke; it was unlikely in the little time he'd spent out of his imprisonment, that he would be recognized in any way, but his plan would be difficult enough without the added risk. “I'm afraid I'm still no more familiar with this city than I was when I was first brought here.” Jormungandr could only figure that keeping his explanations vague would be in his best interest; he did not have to act the part of an escaped prisoner any more than he had to pretend he was lost in this unfamiliar city. ”Where is it that you wandered from?” he then inquired off-handedly; ”Maybe between the three of us it will be easier to figure the way back? Though I can't promise that I'll be a great help to you...” The serpent god, loathe as he was to show any manner of weakness to anybody, knew there was no better time than now to play upon his blindness that most easily assumed was a hindrance to him; make himself seem as little of a threat to these Midgardians as he possibly could.

- - - - - - - - - - - >>>> <<<< - - - - - - - - - - -
status: well | mood: calculating | location: the streets of New Asgard | company: Howie/Avalon (unknowingly)

User Image

Precious Strawberry

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tipsy 100
☆════━━━━━┈Wanda Maximoff┈━━━━━════☆

Scarlet Witch

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

Skyfall is where we start.
A thousand miles and poles apart.
Where worlds collide and days are dark.

Wearing

Wanda could here the hesitance in Jane's voice as the woman voiced her opinion. She could tell that her fellow mother did not like the idea of hiding, but thought it to be the better of the two options, even before the woman said so. Wanda agreed wholeheartedly, given that she already had an idea of how Alvaro felt about the mother he'd never met, having been lied to by his father. It felt like they weren't starting on square one, but that square one was a distant goal to reach. Their square was somewhere in the negatives.

Not that it would be helpful to bring this up, Wanda realized. Jane was already anxious as it was. No need to make it worse. As the astrophysicist started rambling, apparently trying to make herself feel better, Wanda couldn't help but to give a sympathetic smile. "I don't think anyone, no matter how many children they raise, has any idea what to do. Every child is different. You're in the same boat as the rest of us," she assured Jane.

Wanda slid smoothly into the driveway of an old boarding house, the foliage-obscured sign declaring it to belong to The Brotherhood of Bayville. She parked the vehicle under a canopy of overgrown, leaf-laden branches. Turning it off and taking the keys from the ignition, she exited and shut the door without locking it. Who would steal it way out here, anyway? Expecting Foster to not be too far behind, she made her way to the front door, also unlocked. Inside, the living room looked just as tidy as when Azazel cleaned it two days prior. She expected the kitchen and other rooms to be in the same condition.

She looked to her companion. "We'll wait in the kitchen for now. When they arrive, I'll meet them first, make sure Alvaro is prepared," she stated.

We carry forward into the night.
The strength of innocence, like children’s laughter.
An army standing for what is right.
We’ll fall like angels if we lose what matters.
I will not walk away.

Precious Strawberry

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tipsy 100
Everyday people do
Everyday things but I
Can’t be one of them
I know you hear me now
We are a different kind
We can do anything

User Image

Anybody’s got the power
They don’t see it
‘Cos they don’t understand
Spin around and run for hours
You and me we got the world in our hands

Sigyn, not long after receiving her room assignment, was visited by her friend and mother figure, Freyja, asking if she would go to the prisoner to use her healing talents. Hesitantly, she had agreed, though she procrastinated in doing so. She peeled the clothing she had worn overnight off of herself and took time figuring out the Midgardian bath. She eventually got an overhead spray going, temperature to her liking, and stepped in. The warm water soothed some of her anxiety away as she carefully scrubbed herself with a cloth and a bar of soap. Leaving her hair, naturally dry by itself, free of cleaning products or water, she turned off the water and resigned herself to getting out of the tub, patting her skin dry, and putting on a simple outfit of dress, stockings, and boots. With a final look into the mirror above the bathroom sink and a sigh, she left her room, closing the door fully after quickly remembering the code.

Fortunately, before Sigyn had gone into her room for the first time, the blonde Midgardian had mentioned putting her sons in the rooms at the end of the hall. Since she had asked them to visit her in her room after they were settled, it would have been rude for her to go straight to the prison before seeing her sons. With this justification for further procrastinating her duty, she slowly made her way to the other end of the hall, to the male side of the residential wing. Gingerly, she knocked on one of the doors. "My sons, are you in there?" she asked.

We could be heroes
We could be heroes
Me and you

User ImagexxxxxUser ImagexxxxxUser Image
I am the Lady Sif, born a goddess and forged a warrior...
>>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >

User Image
Goddess Of War ...::: Sif Aridottir
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Things appeared to calm down once again, despite the disconcerting flurry of activity on the prison level. Sif, however, was far from calm, herself. Freyja soon departed upon the war goddess' request that she retrieve Sigyn, clearly displeased that she was agreeing to do so. Behind her Sif overheard Lady Hill speaking with the young woman who had followed Ryon back to the stronghold, hearing the woman's offer to help, as well as Hill's reluctant agreement. Sif watched momentarily as she ventured through the door of the glass prison and to where SHIELD's healers still worked, before she turned her attention away to Fray, hearing the young man speak up and state, rather correctly, that explanations for what she'd just witnessed moments before would be in order. ”Yes, I believe they certainly are...” she uttered in agreement, welcoming the conversation as a brief reprieve from everything else. The war goddess showed no visible caution as she approached the young Aesir, clearly unafraid of Fray despite what she'd just witnessed; if there was any chance of her former student harming her, intentionally or not, he'd had more than enough opportunity in the past. She did not expect him to do so now.

The war goddess, admittedly, had suspected some relation to Banner upon seeing Fray's transformation, even before Fray had confirmed it; she knew of no other, Aesir or Midgardian, that possessed that manner of power. How she was only learning of it now, she did not know. The physicist and fellow comrade had never mentioned being a parent in the past, and Fray's mother had always been silent as to the identity of her child's father. Sif listened on, unable to entirely hide the faint expression of shock on her face spoke of his mother in particular. Sif had gotten to know Fray's mother fairly well in the years that the boy had been her student. She'd heard the other woman's own vague accounts, known that Fray had been a difficult child to carry; she had never mentioned how close she, and likely her son as well, had come to dying. His mother had always been so hesitant with him, protective to the point that it made many question her; it had taken some time for Sif herself to gain the woman's trust where Fray was concerned. And now it was clear as to why. It saddened her to think that the Aesir might have shunned him, feared him even, if they'd known what he was capable of, but admittedly, a number of their past actions had not exactly argued in their favor.

Yet there was a brief instant of dreaded realization when he turned and spoke to Zayne of how he'd held back in their countless sparring matches; realization that either one of her own children could have been seriously hurt in their matches with him if he'd not had control of his strength, and gratitude that he did have that control, as he'd obviously proven even before she or Zayne had known the truth. Sif quickly buried the instinctual fear for her own children's safety, knowing in her mind it was long unwarranted, now; ”You need never worry about that, dear Fray” she assured him with a faint smile; "we've not had need to fear you before, and surely have none now."

As Fray stated his reasoning for venturing to Midgard, however, Sif's expression became an unreadable one. She looked back to the glass prison, saying nothing in response. It came as little surprise that the All-Father had given Fray such orders, and she would be the last to question them; She'd long had a notion of how this war would end; the goddess herself would, and had vowed to, resort to the same measures if needs arose, without a moment's hesitation. Yet to hear Fray say it only added a sense of finality to the situation. “Banner does not know of this; of you...” she spoke instead after a pause, a statement rather than a question; she still could not recall the man mentioning any children of his own, before... ”but he should be glad to meet you, I think.”

In spite of SHIELD's caution as well as her own, Loki still did not so much as stir. There seemed to be no sign of improvement; the Midgardians' monitors turned out the same slow rhythm in time with his still-worrying pulse, though it was noticeably steadier than it had been moments before; each breath he took was no less shallow, and he appeared no less pale and ill than when he'd been brought in. In purging the venom itself, the stranger had prevented it from causing any further, likely fatal damage, but only SHIELD's healers had any knowledge of the state of his injuries that, by the woman's account, still were not mending as they should. Or the extent of the damage the poison had already wrought in the ample time it had spread through his veins. ”I fear that it may be the best that can be done, for now” she said to the young woman, ”thank you.” It was still a wonder, given the venom's source, that the trickster god still lived and breathed at all; Sif hardly expected him to fully recover any time soon, by his own strength alone. Certainly not enough to pose a great threat. Yet it was the unnerving number of others who'd ventured in and out of the room that kept her where she stood, concerned that an incident could occur in a place where their unconscious prisoner certainly had no shortage of enemies.

The war goddess heard another voice, much younger and childlike in pitch, coming from the doorway just moments before a small child rushed across the room in a hurry, stopping before the transparent walls of the prison and pressing her hands against the glass. Immediately she turned to Lady Hill, as if to inquire an explanation of some sort, before the small girl's next word's registered; “daddy why are you sleeping, it's not bed time yet!”

Unless it was some manner of illusion, as Loki's daughter was infamous for, the girl was far to young in appearance to be Hel. So then who...

Zayne was the first to step forward, speaking to the young girl with familiarity and attempting to coax her away from the glass cell. Enya Lokidottir; Sif watched her daughter's attempt to distract the girl with quiet caution, not certain what to think of the girl, and also not wishing to crowd and possibly indimidate her.

- - - - - - - - - - - >>>> <<<< - - - - - - - - - - -
status: well | mood: on guard | location: Westchester Base, Prison Levels | company: Maria/Loki/Fray/Zayne/Ragnarok/Enya/Suzumi

User Image User Image

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<<
... I have been baptized in the tears of my enemies,
and their children's children fear my name.
"I feel I'm doing what I should've done a lifetime ago; for a little while I'm not afraid.
Maybe it's because I'm doing the right thing at last.
Maybe it's because I've done a rash thing and don't want to look the coward to you..."

User Image

.: Olivia [ Livewire ] Santos :::...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >>> - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - -
>> - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> - - - - - - - -

The young agent, referring to himself as Austin Rogers, was no less adamant about getting an answer to his question, and at this point Olivia figured it couldn't hurt; either the kid spoke the truth and he was someone she could trust well enough with her own information, or he wasn't leaving that room alive. ”Hybrids have a nifty habit of knowing their own kind when they see them” she answered honestly, ”well, except in your case, apparently. But then that does absolutely nothing to explain how you knew I was onto you before I did. I'm a little impressed. Let me guess, one of the tricks the Hybrid Serum left you with is precognition?” Foresight, brief glimpses into the future; he wouldn't be the first Hybrid she'd known with a similar ability. She refrained from revealing that was a mutant, let him assume that her powers were brought on by the serum in the same way that his were. If he was a threat, then she wasn't willing to paint another target on her back.

“So,” she started never once lowering her weapon away from him, though there wasn't much he could do now until his system recovered from the jolt she'd given him; ”let's assume for now that I believe a word you just said... if you're not SHIELD, and His Royal Pain-in-the-a** didn't send you here, then maybe you'd like to be a little more specific.” He wasn't from the ranks of New Asgard's smaller rebel groups, or his name would have been familiar to her; granted, the more she thought about it, she was certain she'd hard it somewhere before, but not on Manhattan's streets. As it stood now, however, she only had one guess as to who the other Hybrid belonged to; definitely not a guess that she liked... ”Unless of course your response to that is to launch off into some heartfelt speech about subjugating society and chopping off snake heads; in which case, don't.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
status: injured but recovering | mood: concerned/defensive/angry | location: SHIELD Base, Weschester | company: Austin

User Image User Image

"Those who don't build, must burn. It was a pleasure to burn."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas