Welcome to Gaia! ::

"I feel I'm doing what I should've done a lifetime ago; for a little while I'm not afraid.
Maybe it's because I'm doing the right thing at last.
Maybe it's because I've done a rash thing and don't want to look the coward to you..."

User Image

.: Olivia [ Livewire ] Santos :::...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >>> - - - - - - - - - - - -
User Image
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> - - - - - - - -

It took some time for her to so much as come up with a reply to what Jake had said, her mind still wrapping around the change of plans that she'd only just now been made aware of. With the chaos of the last twelve or so hours, she couldn't blame them, but it was still quite a decision to think about. “I don't know about this plan, Jake; I really don't...” she said, sincerely but with hesitation; understandably so. She had no more reason to want to trust SHIELD than they did, but she also had every reason to not want to leave them behind. “But I'm staying, if you are.” For how long, she couldn't be sure, but she had no intention of just disappearing on either of them. “That is if Hill doesn't decide to kick me to the curb.” It would hardly surprise her, considering, well, a lot of things. She was still a Hybrid; whether or not she was on their side, SHIELD could very easily view her as a liability to their cause, or even a threat. Only time would tell where she stood with them, and keeping what little bit of their trust she did have would be nothing less than an uphill battle.

Olivia couldn't help the smile on her face though, at how he talked about Cory. The rest of the situation aside, she was pretty sure that this was the happiest she'd seen the younger mutant in years, if ever. Eventually Jake voiced his intent to go and find Cory, and Olivia of course made no argument. She had more than enough to think about after what he'd told her, anyhow, and didn't mind the most likely brief alone-time to do so. “Yeah, yeah; go on, Romeo; I'll see you around” she said with a smile, jokingly and in her usual almost-sisterly manner; “and please go and eat something before you end up being one of the next ones in here; believe me, it's not as fun as it looks” she called after him as he walked out the door, fairly sure that he would ignore her concern entirely, but it was always worth a shot.

Not a few minutes after Jake stepped out, one of the medics stepped in, greeting her briefly before proceeding to check over her still-wounded shoulder. “It's not really necessary for me to stick around, is it?” she asked after a long moment of silence, doing her best to hide the strain in her voice when her arm was carefully turned to some uncomfortable angle. It only earned her an almost warning look from the medic.“I'm just saying, you have a lot of patients here; I'm pretty sure you could use the extra space, and I'm not about to keel over any time soon, so...” she continued, pretty sure that 'I hate hospitals with the passion of a thousand burning suns' wouldn't be a viable argument that would get her anywhere, while it was the honest truth; “I'll be alright, really. If it makes you feel any better, I promise to sleep the rest of it off in my own quarters.” The doctor looked about to argue, before he paused, lowering her arm again and turning away. He was listening to something over the comms, she quickly realized, but before she could ask he turned and quickly gave her the okay to leave; “and don't put any stress on that arm before it has a chance to heal” he ordered in a way that almost promised additional injury if she didn't listen. Olivia was hardly about to argue with him, and so with her argument won, she stepped out of the medical ward; exhausted, stiff, and clearly still sore as hell, but on her own two feet nonetheless. She only cared to guess that his sudden hurry to discharge her was due to more incoming civilians; there was no reason in her mind to stick around and question that, either.

The walk to the living quarters SHIELD had assigned her to was longer than she liked, but she made her way down the hall somewhat carefully, a slip of paper in her hand with the number of her room written across it. What few belongings she had with her were already left in said room, from what she'd been told the day before, saving her the trouble of having to make an additional trip to collect them. Thank god, because she wanted nothing more then than just to collapse back into bed and try to forget that the last few hours never happened.

Olivia reached her quarters after a lengthy search, and shut the door behind her, taking a few carefully measured breaths before turning her back to the door and walking across the small space. She sure as hell couldn't afford a breakdown, now. Losing what control she still had wouldn't erase Luca's death, or the fact that she'd pulled the trigger on a man she'd owed her life to, a former friend... doesn't erase the fact that he tried to kill you, too, chica... you did what you had to; leave it at that.

Immediately upon walking into the room Olivia noticed her few belongings had been left in a canvas bag on top of the bed, and she took to going through the contents of the old backpack, trying to keep herself busy with anything other than the current turmoil in her head. A series of muffled pings from inside of the bag caught her attention as she picked it up to move it to the floor, and with a second's hesitation, she reached into it, pulling a small cell phone from the single large pocket and staring at the scratched, lit screen on the front. One message, it read, on a scuffed up phone that had clearly seen better days, that only one person alive had the number to, and immediately Liv just knew that her day was only about to get worse...

Whatever she'd expected to hear on the other line, it wasn't what played back in her ear.

“Killian Jones is dead-” she heard the familiar voice on the other side seconds after she played the message back; Liv slowly sat down on her bed with a muttered curse under her breath; “as is our alliance with these creatures. Contact me as soon as this reaches you; I need to know that the fail-safe is still in your possession.” She slowly set the phone down as the message reached it's end, letting the new information sink in on top of everything else... Jones was dead. In all honesty she'd known Killian only well enough to not particularly care for the man, but the Hybrid felt a dizzying sense of dread all the same. She'd seen him, fought with him when he'd been sent to find them in East Harlem just two days ago; and while she intentionally didn't kill him, as a fellow mutant, he definitely didn't walk away unscathed, either.

He and the Creed girl never should have been there. The Chitauri never should have found where she and Jane had been hiding. A lot of things never should have happened, but there they were, and a mission that had taken almost sixteen years to hold together was unravelling in a matter of days...

Evidently it wasn't about to improve any time soon. Now Erik intended on severing The Brotherhood from their alliances, and if he had even a hint of a plan on how to go about it with the least collateral damage, he sure as hell wasn't sharing.

Too many eyes and ears here. You will hear from me when it's safe. Olivia quickly replied with a text, and flipped the phone closed with a swift snap, tucking it far into her bag and pushing the pack under the bed with her foot. This was the very last dilemma she wanted to think about right now. Taking the loss of one of his Brotherhood comrades into consideration, it would likely be some time before Erik tried to contact her back, anyway, if he did at all. He wouldn't be happy when he did. Olivia let out an exasperated sigh before letting her worn out body fall back onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling as the single light over her head flickered.

It looked like she wouldn't be staying long, after all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
status: injured but recovering | mood: exhausted/conflicted | location: SHIELD Base, Personal Quarters | company: No One

User Image User Image

"Those who don't build, must burn. It was a pleasure to burn."

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

User Image
Kaine Parker

"ARACELY! ARACELY!!" Kaine yells trying swing his way towards her as she gets bombarded by strange creatures, but no matter how hard he struggles to get to her, the further she moves away. The cry for his name being shouted by her was blurred as though his ears were clogged. Kaine was desperately trying to reach her by not subduing, but killing these alien like creatures to make sure he made his way towards her. Within moments, Kaine was bombarded by a hoard of the creatures holding him down. The scenery suddenly transition into what seemed like a beach while the creatures still had Kaine constrained to the floor. Aracely was still in the distance staring out into the sea. "Ara..cel..ie" he said an stress calling out to her. She turns and walks towards him looking as he is being held down. "We had a good run right? Being New Warriors.. or something the world or at least this town can remember us for haha" Aracely says to the constrained Scarlet Spider continuing with "Or at least for me.." She then stares at the wound towards her chest area filled with blood. "Kaine.. right now I'm staring at your unconscious body and using the last of my telekinesis abilities to say my goodbyes.. I can see reinforcement of agent looking guys finishing our job and taking your body away so I don't have long to speak" she says kneeling towards him at eye level. The creatures holding him down disappear around him yet the force of being held down remains. "Aracely.. Don't say that bulls**t.. I can still save you.. please.. keep fighting" Kaine argues as he tries to free himself from his unconscious state. "You were always so stubborn Kaine, yet that's something I've always loved about you.. don't give up" Aracely states as her body starts to vanish before his eyes. She then reaches towards his mask, asking him to stop his struggling. With Kaine's mask off she reaches her lips towards his, softly connecting. As she pulled back, Kaine looks at her eyes one last time, seeing small streams of tears flowing down her face while she waves bye. He was alone.

Kaine finally felt consciousness as his eyes open quickly. In rage, he grabs one of the few doctors helping him and tosses him towards the wall. Blurry eyes, filled with tears made it hard for him to see where he was, but nonetheless, his reaction would have been the same safe or not. The unwelcoming mix feelings of anger and sadness overwhelms Kaine, having him grabbing a nearby doctor as he sits up and asking him where the hell he was. Panicking the doctor replies with "I-in a safe environment.. th-the S.H.E.I.L.D ba-ba-base." Kaine shoves him towards the wall while all the other medical assistance stepped back while at the same time warning him about his condition and how they can help him. Looking down, he was in a hospital garnet, then notices one of the medical assistance calling for assistance to sedate him. Within seconds, agents came in with tranquilizer hand guns. Without hesitation, Kaine avoided the tranquilizers being shot at him and takes down all of the opposing agents with extreme force. His body was in intense pain as he knocks out the second to last agent remaining, but he has been in worse conditions before. "Where is my team" he yells at the only conscious medical assistant left. The medical assistant was speechless and confused giving Kaine 'I don't know' answers and such. In anger he leaves through the ventilation in search of his suit and gear, knowing this place is more likely surrounded by more agents.

Kaine climbs through the vents into the next room over to recover his web shooters and what seemed to be a repaired Scarlet Spider suit. 'How long was I out' he questions himself as he feels the texture of his renewed suit press up against his body. Placing the web shooters on his wrist, he couldn't help but think of Aracely. There was nothing he had to remember her by, nothing to remind him of her, just the memories of the past spending time together. He never even got to tell her how he really felt towards her. The thought of it made Kaine angrily punch the wall leaving a dent. 'I couldn't save her.. I'm nothing like my brothers' he thought in remorse keeping his position with his hand on the dented wall. He stood there looking down at his mask being held with his other hand. The words 'Don't give up' fills his head in the voice of Aracely. Kaine didn't want to believe it, but Aracely was gone and he knew it. He'd never thought he would have found someone with that tight of a bond, let alone any type of bond. Tears flows down his face once more with an expressionless face knowing there will never be another time he can see, feel, or talk to her again. "Thank you Aracely" he said to himself as he puts his mask on and walking out the front door continuing in thought 'For making me a better person.'

As Kaine enters the Hallway, he sees a women with what seems to be a wounded arm and a very expressionless face, much like his own when he was thinking about Aracely earlier. As she disappears into the hallway he notices agents surrounding the door he stood in front of within moments. "You are needed for interrogation Spider-Man" says one of the agents pointing a lethal weapon towards Kaine. "One, sorry not sorry about earlier. Two, I'm warning you to put down you weapons now before I kick your a** in. Three, don't call me by my idiot brother's name. They call me the Scarlet Spider and I want some answers" Kaine warns as he position himself to fight. "What is S.H.E.I.L.D?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Company: S.H.E.I.L.D agents (no one vital)

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Mewling Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes
The Winter Soldier
-----

Current mission; Stake out The resistance’s base in the old X-Mansion. The Winter Soldier has never been to this place, at least as far as he could remember, which wasn't far at all. The scientists always ‘wipe’ his memory after every mission, so that he was one-hundred percent ready for the next one. He was a killing machine, he didn't know how many people he has killed with the pull of a trigger, and he didn't let his mind stay and wonder for too long, lest it triggers a painful flashback. He has yet to tell his higher ups about the flashbacks, they would probably wipe his memory again, and that was some of the worst pain the Soldier has ever been in. It was like small electric needles stabbing into your brain, burning out the memories, until all that is left is knowing that you need a new mission, and that you cannot fail the mission.
Which is why the Soldier is currently in a tree, watching the group near the X-Mansion through the scope of his sniper rifle. He would rather have hand-to-hand combat over a sniper any day, the rifle felt unusually familiar, and it wasn't the kind of familiar that the Soldier liked. The pressure of it pressed against his shoulder, the way the scope allowed you to see things you wouldn't naturally see, the way that you had to take a deep breath to calm down before pulling the trigger.

The flashback began without the Soldier even knowing it. He was looking through the view scope of a sniper, the model seemed old in his hands, yet familiar. He could hear the breathing of someone next to him, and when he spoke, his voice sounded familiar yet the Soldier was certain he had never heard him before. “Is the coast clear, Buck?” the man said softly as the Soldier turned his head slightly to look at him, for some reason the man’s face was a more or less blurred out, he could tell he was wearing a mask, but other then that the soldier had difficulty seeing the details of his face, and so the Soldier turned his attention back to the scope. “A tank is coming up the road, get Dernier in place” the Soldier said to the man quietly, who then turned to motion to someone behind them. In less then a minute a man with something in his hands moves quickly, but carefully, out into the road, right as the tank drive over him. The soldier sucked in a breath as the tank continued down the road, the man getting back to his feet quickly, turning around just in time to see the tank blow up. While this was happening, the Soldier had moved towards the road with a few others, the large man in front of him chuckled as ‘Dernier’ bowed to them like how a actor would at the end of a play. He felt a hand clasp his shoulder, he knew it was the man from before with the mask, and for some reason, the Soldier felt a bit of joy in the job that he did.

The flashback ended as soon as it had began, but this time the Soldier had fallen out of the tree, and he was currently gasping, trying to get a breath of air. The flashbacks always ended in a wave of pain, which was probably his brain chastising him for remembering something he should not have. He was currently vulnerable, out in the open, and he is pretty sure his fall out of the tree had been heard by someone. Anyone looking at him right now would think he was having some sort of attack, unable to breathe, unable to communicate, with a fallen sniper rifle not far away from him. He was still armed with his hand guns and knives, but currently his body was failing to do anything his mind told him to do.

-----
Where I am: On the ground, out in the open.
Whom I'm With: quite a few people.
My current Status: Trying to recover from the flashback.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"And I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth..
For the old Heaven and the old Earth had passed away, and there was no more sea."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > <<< - - - - - -

User Image

The Midgard Serpent ..:: Jormungandr Lokison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<< - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<< - - - - - - -

User Image
Jormungandr wasn't certain how much time had passed since The Other had left him to his thoughts, any hint of the creature's presence now gone from the Tower, it seemed. The presence of Freyja and her companions soon vanished as well, though not before one of the goddess' companions chose to take what he could only guess was an incredible amount of frustration out on a building across the street, sending the sky-high structure crashing to the streets below and shaking everything around it. Jormungandr did not so much as flinch at the impact, merely making a note of the powerful display. If he faced the particular Aesir again, and he did not doubt he would, he would have to do so with caution.

He neither heard or felt anyone else step into the room, but a familiar energy caught Jormungandr's attention only seconds before an equally familiar voice spoke up behind him. He couldn't help the slight smile on his face at his half-brothers greeting, however brief it was.

The smile quickly faded, however, at his brother's next words quickly followed before he could reply.

“Father is, what?” he started, turning to where his brother stood just as the elder stepped down to the floor. Their father had been felled, by his venom. How? He would never have... they'd not fought beyond exchanged words since he'd arrived there... “I do not know; I-”

But he did know how, and the awful realization dawned on him, then. After he and the possessed mortal had failed to capture the Director of SHIELD with the interference of a traitorous mutant girl and her human companion, after he'd faced The Other regarding the interference and the unsuccessful mission.

“I would take extreme care with that, if I were you...”

Jormungandr raised one hand to his neck, where thin line was all that remained now of the shallow cut that had been left by The Other's blade. A mere warning, he'd thought until now; a shallow wound that had scarcely bled, but he knew what had bled from it would have been more than enough to fell an immortal in a matter of hours. Minutes, perhaps, with a well-aimed wound from the laced dagger. Gods, he'd known this plan of his would place his own life in danger, but this... he'd been rash, careless in not expecting any of his missteps to backfire on his family as well. Jormungandr let his hand fall back to his side again, pacing across the room and away from where his brother stood as he tried to contain his renewed anger upon hearing of The Other's attack on his father.

The creature had already known. Of course he'd already known. Jormungandr's venom, in nearly all instances, was a death sentence for those who fell victim to it. And while a larger dose of it guaranteed a swift end to even one of stronger blood, even in small doses it was not any less dangerous.

He would hunt the creature down for this, tear its cowardly head from its shoulders, himself...

No, his conflicted thoughts immedately provided; not now. Not yet. Even in his anger, Jormungandr felt as compelled to remain where he was than ever. Clearly it was intended for the war on Midgard to take a new turn, but even still, there was a great deal that remained at stake. He had the creature's trust, now; if he so much as hinted toward his new-found knowledge, made The Other suspect for even a moment that he could not be relied on... No. When the time came he would see the Chitauri commander suffer for his actions, but so long as he still stood at an advantage, he would not forfeit his original plan. Not while his freedom and the freedom of his family continued to remain at risk. “Fenrir and Hel must know of this” he started; “they were taken, though, they,” he paused, taking a moment to try and sort through his normally quick and collected thoughts; “I do not think they have been harmed, but-” well, he was definitely no longer certain of that, “I do not know where they've gone.” That made three members of his family now whose locations were unknown to him; his father evidently very much in danger, and his siblings... he could not say for sure that they were safe in the company of whatever creature had flown off with them in it's possession. What was he meant to do now? “Hel could reach him; there are few who can track down a soul in the living realms as swiftly as she can.” And do so without being detected, if need be. But whether their sister had the ability to help him once he was found, was another question entirely. And there was, of course, the matter of finding Hel, too. “You said you've kept watch, brother, did you not? Where are they now? Where is father? What more do you know of this?”

- - - - - - - - - - - >>>> <<<< - - - - - - - - - - -
status: well | mood: concerned/furious/conflicted | location: Stark Tower | company: Sleipnir

User Image

Mega Werewolf

11,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
    User Image
                      User Image

Nichole was so excited for Ororo to see what had happened when she was away. Not the whole invasion thing but what Nick learned during it. For all her training with the mutant leader Nick always wondered when she would find her element, the element that she could control as well as Ororo could control lightning, and it happened. Snow and ice.

Ironic how her dad was afraid of the two, Nichole loved to play outside, when allowed and some times sneak out, when fresh snow had fallen. Getting offered a Popsicle made things even better! ”Ororo so much has happened. Sure a big part of it is terrible but there is some good news in it. You used to be teammates with Scott Summers and Jean Gray right?”

This was a sour topic for most of the original x-men. Back when Loki first took over they tried to stop him but in the battle Jean lost control and the Phoenix Force came out and took over her body. Scott had tried to talk to Jean, to get her back to herself. However Loki did better and convinced Jean well now Phoenix to kill him in front of everyone. Not only did they just lose Jean to Loki and lost Scott forever, but also the two had a small son who was now an orphan. To make things worse after a few years he learned the truth that the x-men and shield were hiding from him and ran away. Never being found they thought him to be dead.

”that boy you talk about Jacob Summers, he is back. He was never dead. Yesterday there was a big invasion by Loki’s army and he saved a lot of people. He even worked with the medical staff when the fighting was over.” She said doing her best to slip the bad news about the invasion into the good news. Well there was a disaster everywhere, people were all injured she would know about it sooner or later. ”Well you see besides your friends son not really being dead and returning there is more good news. You know how you always said I would find my element, the one element that I would better at than all the others, well I found it, its snow!” Covering the bad news with more good news. Secretly that’s how her mom gets her to eat the vegetables she doesn’t like.

The invasion was the bad news, she told Ororo about her friends son being back and about her element so that should have been all the news. However Nick could not remember all of it because her mind went some place else. Seeing some one fall from a tree Nick threw her Popsicle away and ran to help him. She was in x-men in training they helped people no matter what, and right now the training kicked in.

Going she kneeled next to the man’s side. ”Sir are you alright?” Calling him sir because well that was Steve’s parenting. No matter what he loved teaching the kids how he grew up and how his training was. Those are things that made the two best friends stand out. Avalon was more relaxed than Nick who would stand at attention.

Mega Werewolf

11,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

User ImageJean stayed by Peter’s side. Holding his hand trying to calm his mind with her mutation. After what happened with Loki no one was wanting to trust her. Emma had helped put the berriors back up in her mind locking the Phoenix Force away so that it can hopefully never come out again. Okay sure it would have been nice to act more like Phoenix maybe she could have stopped the Chitari from invading. It might have helped that Peter did not jump in, though it was so sweet. He was willing to do that for her.

Looking down at his sleeping face she remembered when she meet him. She had just been brought back from the tower and finished with the exams. It seemed that Jean was back in full control with the Phoenix Force no where to be seen, and yet people were not going to forgive her for what she did. It’s not like she could blame them she hated herself for it too. She had even learned that her son had run away and was now most likely dead.

Sitting there depressed and alone Peter came up to her and said she was beautiful and wanted to take her picture. That now seemed like so long ago, but still it made her happy. Hearing noise in the hall she kissed Peter’s forehead before going to see what was happening. Seeing agents pointing weapons and who they thought was Peter. Jean used her powers and made the weapons go to the ceiling and walked so she stood between the agents and the man. Her eyes were on the agents who just looked well scared of her. ”Now this is not Peter Parker, and I will not let you talk to him or this man when you decide to be violent. We were just invaded, we have massive casualties. Focus on taking care of them before going and threatening others.” It was a good thing now that agents feared Jean because they left not even caring she had the weapons still on the ceiling.

Now alone she turned to the man. ”I am so sorry that happened. My name is Jean Gray-Summers and I will answer any questions you have.” She told him.

I am fire! And life incarnate! Now and forever -- I am PHOENIX!

Mewling Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes
The Winter Soldier
-----

The Soldier barely heard the girl speak, glancing at her he furrows his brow slightly in confusion. He had taken his glasses off, but his lower mask was still on, which slightly muffled his speaking and hid his mouth. This girl, her face seemed familiar, but where? He is certain that he has never seen this girl before, so why does she seem so familiar?
who...are you?” he said, he was still having trouble breathing from the flashback, but the pain was receding. He knew in his mind that he should move, that is was dangerous to stay here, out in the open, he has to continue the mission, the stake out. But this girl, her face reminded him of...
That was when the second flashback of the day took him, to the girl, it would be as if he was looking at her, yet not seeing her, his eyes would turn a bit glassy, and he would be unresponsive.

He was walking down the street, glancing into a store’s window, he looked younger, just a kid, maybe around eight years old at most. He wore a white and gray striped shirt with black pants that had suspenders holding them up, on his head was an old brown newsboy cap. He wasn't sure what caught his attention as he walked by the abandoned lot, but when he turned his head he saw a younger boy, maybe a year or two younger then himself with blonde hair, getting beaten up by a group of three kids about the boy’s same age. He immediately stepped in, pushing one of the kids into the other two, putting himself between them and the boy on the ground. “Get. Lost.” he said as he cracks his knuckles, the three younger boys left after giving the boy on the ground a glare. He then turned to the kid on the ground, who was frowning at him. “I could have handled that by myself!” the kid said as the younger soldier took his hand and pulled him to stand up. “Sure you could, kid...who are you anyways?” he felt himself ask the blue-eyed kid, who smiled and offered his hand for a handshake as he chuckled. “Shouldn't I be the one asking that? the name’s-” he said, but never got to finish because a new wave of pain swept the flashback away, bringing the Soldier back to reality

The soldier was now holding his head with both of his hands, staring at the ground in front of him. To the girl, it would look as if he is going through some sort of attack again, gasping for breath as his mind tries to deal with the intense pain that jumbled his memories again. She should also notice that one of his arms is made of metal, with a red star on the shoulder, he would also be armed, the girl would be able to see at least one of his guns and his knives.

-----
Where I am: On the ground, out in the open.
Whom I'm With: This young girl, her face looks familiar...
My current Status: Recovering from yet another flashback.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I am the Lady Sif, born a goddess and forged a warrior...
>>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >

User Image
Goddess Of War ...::: Sif Aridottir
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Many of the others present outside were momentarily forgotten as the wind began to pick up around them and the sky above them grew dark; Sif nearly thought at first that the sudden change in the weather was to be blamed on Ryon's worsening mood, only to quickly feel that there was something vaguely, however noticeably, different about it; Ragnarok's enraged response to her statement soon followed, and the war goddess realized then, as she turned back to face him, that it was the supposed son of Loki who was repsonsible for the strange storm.

The war goddess was not especially terrified by the outburst, though she was visibly uneasy as she took an instinctive step backward to keep her distance from the worst of it. The sudden front of wind, had she not been used to such things thanks to her years of fighting alongside Thor, might have otherwise knocked her off balance. A series of hailstones began to fall, some crashing into her shield as she raised it over her face, still not looking away from the man she had yet to determine was friend or foe. And what more did he expect? Her had not been a comparison of him to his father nearly so much, but rather to his alleged siblings. Of Loki's children she knew of not one who would hesitate to spill an Asgardian's blood if the opportunity presented itself. It would be foolishness to not expect the same of him; foolishness that could have gotten either her or her son killed if she'd trusted him blindly and trusted wrong.

Had she not known better, Sif would have thought she were dealing with one of her own son's temperamental outbursts, as the storm continued it's vicious and seemingly uncontrolled cycle... Ragnarok's storm, however, held an entirely different energy about it that even she and her limited knowledge in magic could detect. But Sif held her ground, until just as soon as the storm had begun to rage, it faded to nothing. It was Agent Romanoff that addressed the son of Loki first as soon as she approached, before Sif could, giving the war goddess a welcome opportunity to attempt to continue on her way before an actual conflict arose by her own hand, though not without a brief word of thanks to the red-haired agent who, while they'd never met until now, Sif recognized her name immediately. Ragnarok's display of power and his semblance of a threat toward her did absolutely nothing to warrant any sudden trust in him, and if nothing else, only succeeded in further thinning her patience, but if her comrades were certain that he was truly an ally and an asset to them, then she would stand down for now and allow them to handle the matter themselves.

That same thought, it seemed, hadn't crossed Ryon's mind, as he began to shout at Ragnarok and the others alike with matched ferocity. It was all Sif could do now to keep her own brewing frustration in check, unable to do much more than watch for the others for any reaction or hint that they might retaliate, as her son turned his back to the gathering and stormed off, refusing even the aid of SHIELD's soldiers in his haste and anger. She herself said no further words to the others, only giving an apologetic glance to Lady Hill's men before rushing ahead of them to keep up with Ryon's now far more hurried pace. The others would not be far behind them, she imagined, but for now they were no longer her main concern.

Even still, her moment's pause had left her somewhat far behind Ryon. The war goddess returned through the main doors to the underground stronghold, and made the memorized venture back through the underground structure and farther down to where they'd been instructed; she reached the door just as her son stormed back out, rushed and without a word to her or anyone else. Sif remained behind even after Ryon left, now standing in what appeared to be a large cell made of glass, not unlike their own prisons in Gladsheim, she noted. Despite wishing to follow after him, she thought it better to allow Ryon the time to calm down after the tense near-skirmish outside, and she feared now that even her own presence would do nothing but interfere or further fuel the fire. And it would likely do more to put him as well as everyone else at ease, if at least one of the two of them remained behind to keep watch over the staff and their newly acquired prisoner...

She was no less agreeable to leaving SHIELD's healers alone with the god of mischief, in any case; hardly for his sake, she would tell herself and anyone else, but rather for the fact that the humans would have little means to stop him if he were to awaken expecting a fight. There was no knowing how much strength he would still have reserved, given the condition he was currently in, but it would take little of it for an immortal of Loki's standing to manage to fight his way out of confinement, even at his worst.

If he awoke at all.

Sif was aware of the few additional agents that had ventured to the prison levels behind her, not having looked to see if Lady Natasha was still among them. The war goddess stood silently off to the side so not to be in the way of the medics but still within the glass walls where she could intervene if necessary, watching as they cautiously took to their work; unconsciously she turned the feather from Freyja's cloak that she still held in her hand, unaware on top of everything else that she was still holding it. “Have they found Thor?” she inquired almost absently to whomever of the agents happened to be standing within earshot.

- - - - - - - - - - - >>>> <<<< - - - - - - - - - - -
status: well | mood: wary | location: Westchester Base, Medical Ward | company: Loki/SHIELD Staff

User Image User Image

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<<
... I have been baptized in the tears of my enemies,
and their children's children fear my name.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

User Image
Ororo Munroe

Under invasion? Jacob, the son of Scott and Jean.. Still alive? Mixed feeling starts to consume Ororo, but more joy then concern, as if there was never an invasion. Two of her dearest friends, Scott and Jean, entrusted the title godmother to Ororo along with taking care of Jacob himself. It was relieving and stressful at the same time.. Jean knew it was only a matter of time before the phoenix force took over her body and entrusted Ororo with her son.The thought of lose was very hard when Jacob ran away and no where to be found. Ororo risked her life that day just wondering the streets of the invaded New York, especially for a boy that was nearly like a son to her. The lose of Jacob had Ororo praying for Scott's forgiveness every night, especially when she herself could not forgive herself. She stood there with with the Popsicle at her hand staring. Fighting tears in front of Nichole was meaningless because the type of news gave the biggest relief Ororo has ever felt in her life. With that said Ororo puts her hand on Nichole's shoulder and replies with "thank you.. Jacob still living with us is one of the best news I have heard in a long time " with a smile as she wipes away her tears. Was it hard to reply after that type of news... Yes and she was pretty sure Nichole knew that.

Ororo brought herself back to a stable state of mind and also heard of Nichole's new abilities to manipulate and control sub freezing temperatures. "That's splendid, Nichole! I'm very proud to hear you have been working so hard" she said in joy continuing on with "a great man one told me true focus lies between rage and serenity." An image of Charles Xavier then appears in Ororo's mind. Looking at Nichole seems like Ororo was looking at herself in Charles's point of view when she herself was just a child. It was a moment that had Ororo chuckle at the thought. "I know this is inconvenient, but I do very much want to see Jacob again... Would you like to come with me to see him" Ororo questions Nichole trying to contain her excitement.

The very next moment from Ororo's peripheral glance, she sees what seem to be a man falling from a tree. Turning towards the area the body or figure fell, Ororo quickly notices Nichole running towards the unknown figure in wonder. "Nichole, wait" Ororo commands silently in worry. Hearing Nichole ask if stranger was doing well, Ororo follows only to hear moaning and a bit of small yells. Ones she took a clear view of what this unknown person looks like, she notices a mechanical arm and lethal weapons being held as if he were here to assassinate someone. Without hesitation, Ororo grabs Nichole, pulling her away from the subdued man. "Nichole, stay behind me.." Ororo orders as she kept her eyes focus on the man kneeling on the floor in some sort of pain but at the same time starting to calm himself as he begins to recover. Ororo looks at mans eyes as they gleam but at the same time seeming lifeless. Hidden, armed, and a masked profile. The signs were all there. He was spying either on them or the base itself, and he did not look like anyone she has ever seen or read about in the S.H.E.I.L.D files. This seems as though it would be a short battle seeing the unknown agent was already in a bit of pain, but would it be? "Nichole, let your mother know of the infiltrator in the base" Ororo orders still concentrated on the man. Ororo's eyes starts to glow as she asks the unknown agent "who are you and what are you doing here?"

User Image User Image User Image

Mega Werewolf

11,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User ImageDamon MaximoffUser Image
"Demon"

User Image

Damon was really trying hard to keep himself like he was in a good mood. Standing next to Alvaro he looked back at Maya and could really see the resemblance, she was so beautiful. This was getting harder and harder, how could he keep staying happy on the outside when he knew that soon Alvaro would be with a women who would give him a daughter. That had to be Loki’s doing so that he would get a child from Alvaro. Still at least Maya said that Damon was a part of her life and helped raise her.

No matter how hard he tried when Alvaro yelled at Maya Damon snapped. Any sign of happiness could no longer be found any where on his face. Not that Alvaro would have time to see it because a red furry fist made contact with his cheek in a not so light way. Alvaro could tell that Damon was serious because he did not hold anything back with that punch. ”Alvaro stop being a b***h and stop complaining cause you can not always get your way.” He snapped at him, giving Alvaro a glance of the past. Back when they did not get along and Alvaro wanted nothing to do with mutants.

”I have it hard enough already secretly dealing with S.H.I.E.L.D. to get information for you. On top of that all of your family is here and at any moment that could find out about us and think I am not good enough for you and make me leave you. So shut the hell up I am doing this for you. And Maya watching Enya is for our own good ever think of that! I am doing all this for you and who is watching her now! Your father already sent Chitari after my family and one of them killed me is her not being watched at all times really what you want.”

The lecture was given to Alvaro in more of a shouting voice than a scolding tone. Damon had not even been this mad when they first meet and Alvaro did everything in his power to get away from the mutant ordered to fallow him. All the frustration Damon had been building up these past few days was released at once. Finally calming down he took a deep breath and rubbed the back of his hand, Alvaro had a strong jaw and that hurt. ”My mother tried to call last night but I could not answer. My guess is the call was she got an answer. I can now give you the answer you wanted all your life. You know making you happy is all I want to do for the rest of my life. I am going to go call her and get the location where we can meet.” Turning away and going back inside Damon left Alvaro to think about what just happened, and maybe notice that Damon did not apologize for the punch.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Precious Strawberry

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tipsy 100
Pietro Django Maximoff
Quicksilver

Keira Sera Maximoff
Siren

User ImageUser Image
                                  "Guten morgen, opa. Ich habe dich vermisst,"* she replied more shyly than was normal. Though he did seem to be rather calm, Keira thought it was only the tranquilizing affects that a funeral brings. She couldn't ignore the fact that there was certain to be a scolding in her future by either her father or grandfather. She certainly did not miss how Erik spoke to Austin and gave the young man the gaze that a lion would make when it decided not to rend its prey limb from limb at the moment.

However afraid she was of her grandfather at the moment, though, the young mutant still loved him and knew that the death of one mutant would be cutting into him deeply. She floated up to him, giving him a gentle hug. "I'm sorry about Killian, opa," she said softly, offering condolences as if she were an outsider. It is kind of how she felt. Although he was a mutant, and that alone made her somber, she hadn't particularly liked the pirate. Something about him had given her shivers. She had always wondered at Grace's friendship with him.

Keira flew back to Austin's side, sliding her hand into his, which now felt as natural as breathing. "See? He didn't hurt you with my earrings, did he, Aussie?" she teased. She looked back pointedly to the trashcan in which he had pitched his disguise. "Yeah, it made you look more like your papa. Not a brilliant disguise, that," she commented. She was feeling just a mite more chipper, since the captain's son's first meeting with the Brotherhood leader had evidently been a success. Now things could proceed with a little less weight on her shoulders. "But still be a good boy, okay? We'll see how he feels after the funeral," she warned.

Pietro, now at his father's side, side eyed the elder. "I didn't think about it. Do you think she would come? She doesn't really like any of the Brotherhood, Kill included. And...we did kind of destroy her house," he replied, cringing at the thought of his twin sister's anger should he have the courage to speak with her again. "And even though we didn't directly hurt Damon, she might hold a grudge. Your daughter is a hothead."

*"Good morning, grandpa. I missed you."

Mega Werewolf

11,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Austin Rogers
General of the G.I.Joes

User Image

Neutralizing threats before they can even happen

User Image
Austin had undergone intense training at the hands of Director Fury and Agent May, keeping all the training in mind he some how managed to stay calm. In retrospect all the training and fighting he has done, tracking and taking down the enemies was nothing compared to this. Meting the leader of the brotherhood was most nerve wrecking thing ever. No his girlfriend couldn’t be related to lower level mutants that were not omega level and known to be the most powerful of them all.

Keeping his heart rate down, his breathing calm, and his body released just as he does going into battle Austin looked eye to eye with Magneto. ”Yes sir it is an honor to meet you. I have heard grate things from bother my father and Keira.” Austin stated not showing a negative reaction to how Magneto was speaking to him. Not blaming him Austin was a human in the brotherhood section of Loki’s tower.

It was nice to see that Keira was being happy that’s all that mattered. Still its not like he made her come she chose to fallow him and how her eyes light up when she saw Chicago was amazing, it was like she was now seeing her family again. She was unharmed and happy with him, hopefully her family would see that as they had this moment together.

Holding Keira’s hand Austin walked with her. Rolling his eyes as he got teased about his comment and his disguise. ”Fine then I will take the blonde away and look like my brother. Though that’s worse because then I would look like my brother who was just here as Loki’s puppet.” He commented. He wanted to give her a kiss on the cheek or nuzzle her for her being so sweet but that would be bad in front of her dad and grandfather. “I will be fine Keira and thank you for taking me to this. I don’t know if he ever told you this but Jones used to be shiled and I knew him. Well until he went psychotic and we had to send him away. Up until that point he was not a bad guy.” He told her

Got to cover 360n

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Interesting Prophet

"Nú var Loki tekinn griðalauss ok
farit með hann í helli nökkvorn.
Þá tóku þeir þrjár hellur ok settu
á egg ok lustu rauf á hellunni hverri.
Þá váru teknir synir Loka Váli ok Nari eða Narfi."

xxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now Loki was taken truceless, and was brought
                          with them into a certain cave. Thereupon they took
                          three flat stones, and set them on edge and drilled a
                          hole in each stone. Then were taken
                          Loki's sons Váli and Nari or Narfi..."

User Image

"Brugðu æsir Vála í vargslíki ok reif
                                                                          hann í [sundr] Narfa, bróður sinn.
                                                                          Þá tóku æsir þarma hans ok bundu Loka
                                                                          með yfir þá þrjá [egg]steina, einn undir
                                                                          herðum, annarr undir lendum, þriði undir
                                                                          knésfótum, ok urðu þau bönd at járni."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...the Æsir changed Váli into the form of a wolf,
                                                                                                  and he tore asunder Narfi his brother.
                                                                                                  And the Æsir took his entrails and bound Loki
                                                                                                  with them over the three stones: one stands under
                                                                                                  his shoulders, the second under his loins, the third
                                                                                                  under his houghs; and those bonds were turned to iron."

User Image

The twins watched Fray carefully as it became quite clear that Fray had heard Váli’s comment. Váli and Nari had no idea what their friend was capable of in this form. Fray had kept this alternate form well hidden from them and everyone else. They stood their ground, watching Fray walk away and down a couple blocks, feeling the ground shake slightly as Fray walked. His monstrous form was truly a sight to behold and well fit his given title. Nari’s jaw dropped slightly as Fray actually picked one of the tall buildings and tossed it aside like it was nothing but a ball of paper. Váli too was impressed with this show of their friend’s skill, though it was needless destruction to an already decaying cityscape as if he had no respect for anyone that could have been hiding within those walls. Fray then walked back over to them, and spoke specifically to Váli.

“Of course, my friend,” Váli replied, keeping his voice calm and level. If the display of power had freaked him out in anyway, the son of Sigyn did not show it. Slowly, Váli moved to put his sword back in its sheath, the icy mist surrounding them dissipating. “Please accept my sincerest apology, Fray. I will be wiser in the future.”

“Your title and gigantic weapon finally makes sense to me!” Nari began only seconds after his brother had stopped speaking. Nari was grinning and in total awe of their friend’s second form, having never actually seen anything like it before. Of course he had heard of Fray’s father’s abilities, but had never actually seen it in person. And seeing Fray in such a form really just made his day. “Tell me, my friend, are you able to go between forms at will?” Before Nari was able to voice any more of his questions, he quieted at Lady Freyja’s voice and listened to her not only lecture, but glare at Fray before walking away. It seemed that Lady Freyja was leading the way to someplace else. Perhaps the base, which Princess Zayne had, spoke of when they had met in central park.

Their mother had already agreed that they would go with Lady Freyja and there was no way the twins were going to go against her. They after all had just been reunited. Váli followed after them, putting a slight distance between him and Fray to go and walk beside Gersemi. He was glad, relieved even, that she had remained unharmed during the entire somewhat confusing situation this morning. Even though he knew Gersemi to be a warrior in her own right, Váli still had gotten quite annoyed when he thought that Gersemi might have been harmed earlier. He wasn’t quite sure why he felt that way, but he was the answer would come to him later on.

“Do not dwell too long on what Lady Freyja said, Fray,” Nari began as he too started following the others, though he chose to walk next to his friend. “She is just looking out for the mortals that dwell in this realm. Still, that was a great display of power! Our enemies should truly be worried with you on our side.”

User Image

Their Location: Midgard, New Asgard They're wearing: These Midgardian clothes Company: Lady Freyja, Hnoss, Gersemi, Sigyn, Fray & The Other Their weapons: Vali & Nari

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

User Image
Kaine Parker

Kaine was ready for another round with the agents in front of him. He could feel triggers ready to be fired until there weapons suddenly flew to the sky. 'What the-' he thought to himself, until he heard a women's voice warning the agents about earlier casualties. Looking at the woman, Kaine was able to recognize an annoyed face when he sees one. It's odd how much the agents feared this woman, as if they didn't want to get her mad. Weren't they on the same side? She was only defending someone she just met.. That’s heroic.. Right? Then again, Kaine did take out a couple of medical doctors and agents a few rooms down. Nonetheless, the guards walk off listening to her orders. The weapons fall to ground after a few moments, and Kaine comes to the conclusion that she was either some sort of sorcerer or a mutant. The woman then introduces herself as Jean Grey-Summers along with an apology. Kaine was never formal with apologies and typically ignores it. "Jean huh" he questions her with a clenched fist. "How do you know Peter's identity?"

Peter Parker. One time enemy, one time partner, forever related… Kaine hated the idea of being his clone. To be a genetically created clone instead of having a life of his own, especially to a person who can’t have a normal life because of a bug bite… Kaine wasn’t thrilled about it. Just goes to show that sometimes lives starts off unfortunate for a certain amount of people. Peter Parker always had a moral to save people or do the right thing, and somehow that followed Kaine… even when he was a bad person. Even when Kaine tried to assassinate Peter for the umpteenth time, Peter always wanted to show Kaine a better path for himself. It wasn’t until the loss of Peter’s original clone, Ben Riley that he learned he could do so much more with his abilities. Peter saved Kaines live, and for that, even though Kaine gets annoyed of Peter’s constant talking, he will always respect the kind of man that he is. It’s funny how one sided the relationship is, yet the respect is mutual. Peter once even visited Houston, Texas to see how Kaine was doing. Even though the sole purpose of leaving New York was to get away from Peter and create a new life, Kaine was a bit thrilled in the slightest to see his brother again. Now, Peter is who knows where, but Kaine still believes he is somewhere alive and well, simply because of the bond they both somehow shared.

“Screw Peter, I have more important questions on my mind” Kaine changes the subject as he walks towards Jean.”Where the hell are we exactly and are you the one in charge here? What is going on around here?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Company: Jean Grey

Mega Werewolf

11,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Dante Maximoff
Speedster
With: Alone
Wearing: Funeral Suit

Dante had went off on how own after his parents, aunt, and uncle all went to the kitchen. They were all getting ready so that gave Dante some time to sneak around, and with super speed he could go any where he wanted.

First off Dante ran out of the tower and went to the zoo. It was so cool! All his life the zoo had always been perfect condition and the animals all healthy because his dad took care of it after Loki was taken down. It was so odd to see the exhibits all over grown over with plants and no animals in them. Except for one. The sea lions, his fathers pride and joy of the zoo.

Pietro II would always take his boys to work with him when ever he had a chance so Dante pretty much grew up in this place. Knowing exactly where the fish were he feed the sea lions and watched them play for a little it. But he knew he could not stay here all day Jones needed him.

Having always been told about Jones and how he was I pirate when he was a kid Dante was able to get his mom to tell him about the pirate’s ship. Using his super speed Dante got back to the tower and soon found the ship. Walking on board of it he was amazing it was just so cool. No one was here yet so he had time to go below deck.
it he was amazing it was just so cool. No one was here yet so he had time to go below deck.

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff