Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flora's Bae

Ruthless Lunatic

User Image
tab tab I WILL NOT FALL ---- I WILL NOT FADE
xxxxxxxxxxxxx ▶ ▷ i will take your breath away i will take your breath away i will take your breath away ◀ ◁
xxxxxxxxxxxxx ▶ ▷ i will take your breath away i will take your breath away i will take your breath away ◀ ◁

ARC I: INDELIBILITY
                        Called to unite, a team of four and their kage from both Sunagakure and Iwagakure arrived within the Tanzaku District under the request of a private meeting among leaders. Ayako Kondou, Risika Iyoki, and Fokkusu Hikori have gathered with their most trusted guards, Shikaeshi Nara and Sokotsu Koubou, within the Tanzaku Castle to discuss the matters of this civil war and their plan of action. Outside of the meeting Suiren Ryuugamine, Jugen Gyomatsu, Teruko Wakai, Mizuki Iyoki, Jinsei Tomoshibi, and Yuriko Kuraki have been assigned to stand their ground and guard the castle.

Unfortunately the meeting among the Kondou alliance has proven to be late, the Shiranui Alliance have already met and organized; Their first plan of action is to crash the Kondou party. Kumogakure's nin Sanda Heddo, Hiroki Nakamura, and Tokei Mosashibo have been ordered to attack and distract the Castle guards from the situation while Kirigakures's nin Yasugama Matsubara, Akira Torahime, Mai Kaguya, and Sumiko attempt to finish off the leaders of the Kondou by surprise. (Unmentioned characters are allowed to take liberty of their assignments.)

Pr i d e - L ii G H T

Kyra La Kyra

Tricksy Desu

Canvasofgrey

Ice_wolf111

Nex Irae

stuff on rocks

Kimatress

Naikii

Haplack Neko

DoubleSixtyNine

tenka fubu

Cathartic Desire

ShutN

Angel Bunny Aya

Nelizzy

kumahimes

Uchiha Itachi Jr

Minoshiya

Tricksy Desu

Saiyajin of the Twilight

Ryuuzei

Kiothaeus

Doku Ookami

Shy Wargle

WolfXeno's Wife

Garbage Bear

tab tab tab tab User Image

The directive is simple. Provide an adequate distraction so that the strike team can sever the cancer. The words themselves were often easier to read, write and say than do though. Thankfully, Toukei was an excellent distraction. She spent the early morning in deep meditation, then a short training session, and finally, she dressed for a fight. Using a thread worn cloth, she carefully wrapped her head and then her face so that only her eyes were exposed and began locking in the entirety of her armory. Generally speaking, most people couldn’t move very well with as much weight as Toukei carried, and generally speaking, people were only proficient with one or two weapons.

Toukei was not a generally type of person.

From the rooftop of a nearby building, she had knelt down and been carefully keeping an eye on the front. With only minutes until the vanguard hit the front of the castle and the beginning of the operation, Toukei’s first priority would be to alert the guards to the front so that they will begin bolstering the forward defenses in time for the vanguard team to arrive. Reaching behind her, she withdrew a gnarled daikyu and squinted. There were about four too many people at the front – no one special, not that she could tell – and four at once would certainly alert someone important.

Taking four arrows, clenching three in her teeth, Toukei ticked the remaining seconds as she drew the string, aiming for her first target. A middle aged man with an unpleasant face, probably didn’t think he was doing anything that would put his life in jeopardy. When her count reached zero, she released and reloaded faster than the arrow had time to find it’s target. The second was a bored looking ANBU on the roof – Bird mask. Once again, she dropped the next arrow from her lips and fired a third time. This one was a worthless mercenary, sitting on the edge of the gates, hiding the fact he was drinking. Finally, the fourth – just as the first two fell lifeless to the ground and panic began to set in – a pug faced ninja. There was no reason for him in particular, she happened to notice he was carrying an ono. Since her last one broke last year, she had been searching for a replacement.

With the havoc beginning, Toukei returned her bow to where it belonged and positioned herself to the side of the building. Sliding on a freshly procured tekagi-shuko, she allowed herself to slide to the ground, leaving deep scars in the wood where she left. The vanguard was well ahead of her, consisting of Heddo and Nakamura, but she didn’t need to worry about those two. They were more than capable of handling things without her until she arrived. But – Toukei was Toukei, after all, and took no shortcut to hot footing it over to the frontlines.

There were a couple prizes there to be had, battles to be enjoyed!!

Damn it! Couldn’t someone else’ve done the ranged assault?!

She only hoped that Heddo and Nakamura weren’t in the market for a ono. That was hers, damn it!! Somehow, that made her move even faster, despite herself. The Mizukage might have his own tornado of swords, but he hadn’t met Toukei on a mission to retrieve a weapon. Despite arriving to the battlefield after her comrades, Toukei was still faster than what could probably be expected.

Hey,” As soon as she was in earshot, Toukei withdrew a naginata from her back. “The ugly one had a big ol’ ono! Throw it to me!!

ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ↷ kumogakure vanguard xxxxx ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ↷ tanzaku castle gates xxxxx ᴄᴏɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ ↷ my ax!!

Dapper Businessman

5,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
User Image
User Image
Iron++++++++++Mercury++++++++++Aluminum

tab tab tab tab tab tab Who am I with? Shikaeshi Nara
tab tab tab tab tab tab Where am I? Tanzaku Castle
tab tab tab tab tab tab How am I? Frustrated
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Sokotsu's eyes surveyed the situation carefully. If he wasn't careful, there would be unneeded casualties. That being said, he knew that at least one or two would have to be sacrificed for the greater good. While that wasn't normally his style, his opponent was cunning. Very few people could match him in terms of knowledge but this one seemed like a walking library of history and tactics. This was distracting him however. He needed to focus on task at hand. With a determined hand and perspiration permeating his mask, he made his move.

"Check."

Sokotsu announced his move with caution as his bishop took the opponent's knight, leveling the playing field as his piece set its sight on the king. While the kage and the Kondou clan leader planned, Sokotsu and Kondou's chief intelligence officer Shikaeshi were left to guard the meeting room in the lobby right outside. There was enough guards outside to block any attempts to enter through the window to stop an army. With the most logical choice of entry being a stealthy entrance, it was up to the two intelligence officers to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary that might try to sneak in.

To keep themselves busy, Sokotsu offered a friendly game of chess. While the game was meant to be a way to bring the two together in the name of peace, it only created more tension. Sokotsu originally planned to take it easy but quickly changed his mind when one of his knights were taken only three moves in. He hadn't accounted for the Nara clan's renown for high IQ. The game soon became an intense battle of wits as Sokotsu fought to keep up with Shikaeshi's steel trap of a mind. All Sokotsu could do was cross his legs, tap his foot, and scratch his chin as he tried to go through all the different ways he could maybe, possibly win. Unlike the Nara in front of him, Sokotsu didn't have a near photographic memory that could hold a vast number of strategies. Even still, his memory is more full of the histories of each of the villages and their shinobi rather than the winning moves of past chess champions.

"So, I heard you could have chosen either side when the Shiranui and Kondou clans split Konoha. What made you choose to join the Kondou clan?" Sokotsu asked, half meant to be friendly conversation, half meant to try to distract him from the game that Sokotsu was quickly regretting. It was so odd that he was sitting down with this man even after everything that he put Yuriko through. If it wasn't for this man, he knew Yuriko wouldn't have the anger and hatred she does now. Alas, it was probably best that it was him in here rather than anyone else from Iwagakure. In the unlikely scenario that Yuriko did do something, Sokotsu would likely be able to defend anyone in her path and possibly subdue her.

Cathartic Desire

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
tab tab User Image
tab tab tab REMEMBER THE NAMEXXXXREMEMBER THE NAMEXXXXREMEMBER THE NAMEXXXXREMEMBER THE NAME
REMEMBER THE NAMEXXXXREMEMBER THE NAMEXXXXREMEMBER THE NAMEXXXXREMEMBER THE NAME

tab tab tab tab tab ██ la██ la██ la██ la██ la██ la██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██la ██

User ImageUser Image

ϜOKKUSU ȞIKORI
                        Tsuchikage
                        Location: Tanzaka Castle, Meeting Room. AKA-Serious place..Thoughts: These people mean business, don't they..Company: The Kazekage and Kondou Clan Leader, though I don't know their names...hm. Oh, and my lovely caretaker, Yuriko.

tab tab tab
                        To say Fokkusu was frustrated would be an understatement. He was primarily distressed that such a meeting was happening. Yes, he had given his word to help the Kondou clan leader, but this was all proving way to serious. Way to serious for him, that was. At least he had four of his country's best shinobi here. Sokotsu was standing guard outside, making nice with one of the Kondou shinobi, and His country's Jinchuuriki- Jinsei was on the perimeter. Not to mention that he brought Yuriko with him. His most trusted Medical-Nin couldn't be going to far from him. Or else he would probably die. Like his body knew he was talking about something pertaining to his health, a familiar twinge ran up his side, causing Fokkusu to twitch uncontrollably. A painful spike shot straight into his side- voiding all of the air that was stored in his lungs. Fokkusu sort of sat forward in his chair a bit, and to the untrained eye, it would look as if he was just sitting forward to past the time. But to anyone who knew him- they'd know that he was full of pain and paralyzed at that time, unable to move. Yes, this was another reason he didn't want to leave Iwagakure at that exact moment. The trip was hard on his body. However had he become Kage? Maybe it was his Kekkei Genkai, but that was highly doubtful. No, Fokkusu knew why he was Kage- and that made this all the more embarrassing for him to be this sick. Amegakure, you've been a complete b***h, even after leaving your nation so long ago... he thought angrily. But there was no point in complaining about it further. For what seemed like forever, Fokkusu endured the painful spikes radiating through his side- just where he had caught an explosive tag back in the day, before it finally stopped. He was glad that the no one could see what exactly was going on with him.

A brief sigh escaped his lips and he traced a line from the Kazekage to the Kondou clan leader. He could cut the tension with a knife. It was a bit ridiculous, or maybe he was just imaging this. All of it. Though, a summit like this between three nations had not happened in a very long time. It was weird working so close with these two nations, one of which he was trained to loathe completely. Speaking of Konoha, what did they possibly think would happen by coming to Iwagakure for help? Surely they would have thought that Iwagakure would try something. This made Fokkusu's plans all that much more complicated. Maybe it was a bad idea to bring Yuriko to the meeting. Maybe he should have left her in charge while he was away on business. Damn. If it weren't for his dependence on her care-giving, he should have. With as dire as the situation is at the moment, he couldn't allow something to go amiss. Konoha cannot know anything of Iwagakure's plans, or even a hint to their aspiring ideas. A sigh escaped his lips. Well, s**t. This entire idea was messed up already, and the planning hadn't even started. What was he ever to do? Fokkusu would think of something. He always did. For now, he would play the strong silent Kage from Iwagakure, and let the others talk of their plans, hopefully the Kondou clan would let on exactly what they have for weaknesses. Something to give him an idea of the course he needs to take for this. Fokkusu shot a glance back at Yuriko, his eyes searching her features in the darkness of the room. He wondered if she was having just as hard of a time planning this as he was. Regardless, he would need to speak with her after this. Her opinions were always welcomed. Huh. Ironic that the one person he sought council from the most was the relative of the Kazekage. He hoped that her agendas weren't going to get mixed in the grand scheme of things. He trusted Yuriko with his life, obviously since she was here tending to his injuries and chronic illnesses, but that didn't alleviate the ear of being under the influence of Sunagakure. All such thoughts were forgotten when Fokkusu realized the dullness of the meeting.

He wasn't allowed to be his goofy self. He had to be the serious leader. That was the one part of this job that he disliked the most. Being serious. Not being able to jump into his comfort zone and be the huggy, bubbly person he naturally was. Iwagakure knew what to expect with him, but these people. These people knew nothing about him, and they wouldn't know how Fokkusu really was. No, because this was how leaders acted. How boring. How incredibly boring. A longer sigh escaped his lips and Fokkusu found himself leaning back into his chair, thoughts forgotten, and staring at the ceiling. I wonder what we will eat tonight... he thought absent minded..

Risika-chan

Ryuuzei
                        Edited the part with you in it. Hope you don't mind me putting you on the perimeter :3 I trust you, bro

Quote:
                        "talk sample. Talk sample. Talk Sample"

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

User Image

『The Kondou Clan Leader』
User Image

User Image
User Image

tab Quietly sitting in her chair, trying to calm her mind from her inner voice, she appeared to remain calm. However her hands were shaking from the nervousness, she held them close to her thighs pushing down on them so they weren’t noticeable. But no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t stop the shaking. She looked over to the other two with her, the Tsuchikage, and the Kazekage, their chairs were arranged in a circle; it was the advice she had gotten from a chi master who knew how to arrange rooms in order to keep a good flow of energy. ‘BUT IT ISN’T WORKING’ Ayako screamed within her head. She took a short breath, she wanted to take a deep breath but she thought it would show too much weakness to the others. The looks she was getting from the Tsuchikage was scary enough, though she may be misinterpreting it, but it really looked like he was glaring at her. Outside the room, however was Shikaeshi, the person she wished the most was beside her calmly remembering what she was supposed to do for her. But that’s cheating… She thought about it for a moment and realized by using him she was completely cheating. ‘OH MY GOD! I’M CHEATING AREN’T I?’ She screamed inside her head, then she managed to calm herself down, this tension was going to be the end of her wasn't it?
                  tab Ayako quickly decided that she didn’t care anymore, she had enough of this tension and she was going to rid it from her presence. She took a deep breath, sighed, crossed her legs, and smiled. She felt better relaxing more. “Please don’t be so tense, relax, I’m sure everything will be just fine” Ayako said. She was happy a part of her brain thought like that, it made her feel more relaxed. But then as she had finally calmed down she forgot what she was supposed to ask. OH GOD SHE FORGOT WHAT TO ASK! Aya quickly looked down at her hand, the words written there were from Shikaeshi to remind her what to ask, had she forgotten…. She did in fact forget, and was so happy those words were there. Ayako looked up and smiled, she had fully recovered from a mental freak out just a second ago, so why did she freak out again?
                  tab “So,” she said with as much of a charming smile as she could muster “Part of why I have asked you to come here today is because, even though I know you have agreed to side with us in this war between our two clans, I still don’t quite understand where you stand WITH us.” Ayako asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. “Why did you even agree to help us? I am appreciative of your help, but I think it would help to understand your reasons as to why.” Folding her fingers together she placed her hands in her lap. She could do this. ‘I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, I am brave, I am smart, I am proud. I can do this!’ she repeated in her mind over and over again.

User Image

Where Am I ::
Kondou Meeting Room
Who I'm With ::
Tsuchikage, and Kazekage
Things I'm Holding ::
some Kunai nearby, you never know what might happen
Out Of Controle ::
Sorry, i wanted to write more, i'll defiantly write more next time.

Haplack Neko

Risika-chan

User ImageUser Image

Somehow, deep down inside of his subconscious, he should’ve known this was going to happen. It was almost required the moment he stepped out of his home village and met with others that weren’t drooling morons. He was a beacon, a living walking beacon for those with either intellect or were open to challenges. The news spread through a small village like wildfire, any and all that were up to the task coming to his side with a list of offers: complex riddles, extensive trivia, memory games, anything that would try to chance his memory and intelligence. Most of the time, it was a rarely up to the hype the other person would make it. But they came in droves, just for the potential of having that title added to their personal worth. ‘I outsmarted a Nara!’ Yes, because Nara were the superior intelligent beings in the world and were basically seen as gods of knowledge. The thought itself was troublesome.

So it makes sense that once he was offered the chance to play a good game of chess, his mindset immediately went south. Not horribly south, since he knew his opponent would help make it enjoyable; one of his opposites, another intelligence agent –The Alchemist of Stone – Sokotsu, was the one who proposed. That’d be interesting enough to keep him from sliding down into boredom and, soon after, slumber. Initially, he felt that maybe he had placed a few too many eggs into one basket, only a trio of moves in and there was one piece down, knight. It picked back up, Sokotsu taking a few of his pieces and overcoming him in amount captured. Oh, but it was a plan. Not false confidence, that was such a bland plan, it was sure to be seen through. But to set up an ambush, a trap that was almost inescapable. Shikaeshi’s eyes traced the movement of the bishop, the stone expression on his face holding from any sign of inner satisfaction as the bait was taken. But he couldn’t celebrate just yet. He could still have it turned around on him if he didn’t plot it out correctly.

The question posed didn’t take him strike him as anything too extraordinary enough to take him off of his thought process, still gazing down to the board in thought. “Historically speaking, the Nara have always been on the side of the Hokage, either as their tactician or as the Jounin Commander.” A dark tendril rose from beside him, fluidly reaching down to the chessboard and hovering over a set of pieces, the owner of said darkness still pondering which route to take. “The Hokage is supposed to represent the people of Konoha, both as the guardian and as their accumulated voices. The Shiranui might have the dedication of the younger generations of the village, including my own, but their views would cause more problems for Konoha in the long run. Their allies could become their enemies the next day, and with no one to call on for assistance, Konoha shall cease to be.” The rim of a tea mug pressed up to his lips, held by his two actual hands, his eyes closing to enjoy the warm sensation of the liquid sliding down his throat; his tendril moved his queen from its position, knocking his opponent’s bishop from its position and adding the piece to his captured lot. “So I chose what I believed would help Konoha and her people. If it is correct, I won’t know. I’ll probably be one of the first casualties in a final assault scenario.” Placing the mug down on the small standing tray besides him, Shikaeshi opened his eyes, staring at the board before returning his opposite’s gaze. “Check. How about Iwa? Do they truly care for Konoha’s wellbeing?” Having been enemies forever, it was odd that they were one of the ‘allies’ they had.

tanzuka castle, meeting room's lobbyxxxxx sokotsuxxxxx contemplative

Saiyajin of the Twilight

Fanatical Raider

User Image

YASUGAMA MATSUBARA

tabspace"Hahaha! Over here, over here!" Yasugama laughed and joyfully jumped about. Stuffing the handful of dango into his mouth, the boy waved his now free hands. "Obwer rere, obwer rere!" When one of the children Yasugama was practically surrounded by, albeit none too much shorter than him, tossed him the rubber ball, the Chuunin caught it and cheered happily, to the children around him's utter joy. Kicking the ball back to another, Yasugama cheered again when they successfully caught it, then cast a quick glance over his shoulder towards the target: Tanzaku Castle. Bingo.

tabspaceWith his two blades and his Kirigakure headband all hidden within his over-sized robes, Yasugama Matsubara likely looked like any of the children that he was playing with. Perhaps a bit over-dressed for play or draped in garb that seemed more appropriate for festival going, but there wasn't much else to cause the Mist shinobi to stand out in a crowd. Green hair and bright yellow irises aside. Who would expect a kid popping sweets into their mouths and playing ball with other joyously laughing children to be a key member of the assassination team sent to end this civil war in quick, precise, flash of violence? The two teams, one sent from Kumogakure and the other from Kirigakure, had their plans and were to coordinate a swift assault on the Tanzaku Castle. While the Kumo-nin led a frontal assault and pulled the Kondou allies' attention, the Kiri-nin were ordered to quietly infiltrate the castle and take out the chosen targets. Simple, right? Perhaps if intelligence didn't spell out that the Kondou Clan, similar to the Shiranui Clan, had positioned itself diplomatically with a few other hidden villages and that they were expected to be well protected. That and the fact that they were currently behind enemy lines.

tabspaceHmm. I'm not too sure where the others are either . . . Oh well! He had his orders. Being able to get so close to the castle without alerting the enemy, Yasugama was supposed to continue blending with the villagers and watch for the Kumogakure team to strike. Once they did, Yasugama would give the signal to the rest of his team, err . . . wherever they were, and they'd make their move. Regardless, until the actual siege began Yasugama was more than happy to spend his time playing. If there was one thing the boy was good at, it was finding some method of entertaining himself even in the most dire of situations. Turning his attention back to the kids, Yasugama went back to happily kicking the ball back and forth. Yes, this was how being a shinobi was supposed to be. No need for stress or anxiety, just having fun. While Yasugama wasn't quite too sure how Akira, Mai, or even the Mizukage himself might consider his work, Sumiko was probably jealous that he got to play! "I'm kicking it! Look out!" Letting loose another cheer, the ninja did just that and laughed as the ball rolled over towards the kids.

tabspaceThe ball rolled on and one of the kids, a small snot-nosed boy, ran happily after. The orb came to a stop near a bench-full of gossiping mothers, all of whom sat within the shade provided by the building beside them. THUNK! The screams of terror almost erupted before anyone was aware of what was happening. As the mothers swept up their children and ran away, Yasugama tilted his head as he stared at the dissipating crowd. The group, now in something of a panic, left a lone ANBU Konohagakure ninja lying on the ground in a quickening widening pool of blood. Dead. "Oh ho ho?" Yasugama giggled, and turned to where the arrow that lie in the ninja's back must have came from. One of the Kumogakure ninja was already on the move. "That's the signal~"

tabspaceThat wasn't necessarily the signal. The signal came next. As the chaotic and panicked crowd only grew in volume and motion, spurred by the next round of bodies falling to the ground, Yasugama lifted a single balled fist above the crowd and extended his thumb for Mai, Sumiko, and Akira to see. That was the signal. The siege on Tanzaku Castle had begun.

with: Team Kiri (Sumiko ; Mai ; Akira) / / / at: Tanzaku Quarters Streets / / / feeling: Excited~

Kimatress

Naikii

xKogarasumaru

ooc: post format to come soon!

Dapper Businessman

5,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
User Image
User Image
Iron++++++++++Mercury++++++++++Aluminum

tab tab tab tab tab tab Who am I with? Shikaeshi Nara
tab tab tab tab tab tab Where am I? Tanzaku Castle
tab tab tab tab tab tab How am I? Frustrated
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Sokotsu listened to Shikaeshi's answer carefully as he held his chin in his hand, watching the shadow his opponent used to move the pieces rather than his own hand while he sipped his tea. The use of the shadow seemed a little excessive to him unless it was meant to intimidate him, like it was death himself that the Iwa nin was playing against where the prize wasn't bragging rights, but death. He had no right to judge though. In the past he had used his magnet release to manipulate pieces on a chess board as well to entertain his opponent. Sadly, this set was made of ebony and ivory; quite a fine set he might add. He had to hand it to the Kondou clan; they had good tastes.

Shikaeshi went on to explain how the Kondou clan had the support of the older generation whilst the Shiranui had only the support of the new generation and would likely make hasty decisions on who to trust. When he said that he would likely be the first to hang if he chose the right side, Sokotsu had to admire the man's dedication. It could never have been an easy decision; like flipping a coin where one side lead to life and prosperity while the other side lead to death and the mark of a traitor in their country's text books. The problem with this coin toss is that only fate knows which alliance is which face of the coin.

"Check"

Sokotsu's visible eye went wide as he placed both hands on either side of the chess board and looked over what just happened, his back hunched over. "Wh-what?" He stuttered in surprise. His last bishop, gone, just like that. His queen which had been idle for quite some time had finally made a move and took out one of his strongest pieces left. Sokotsu let out a long sigh of exasperation as he slumped back into his seat. They say that you can tell a lot about a person by how they play chess. Logically one would choose the best strategy to win but with millions of different plays that were equally effective, one had to allow personal taste to decide how to go forward. Looking at the way the konoha nin had been playing it seemed like a standard strategy void of any personal tastes...except for one. That one piece in the back that he kept out of the game for so long until now; his queen. One could conclude that he viewed it as being the Kondou clan leader; a mighty ruler that he wishes to protect desperately, only wishing her on the battlefield when victory is all but secured. He looked up Shikaeshi as he moved to grab his tea and take a sip of it as well. Lifting his mask only high enough to take a sip, a clean shaven chin void of scars could be seen underneath. When his opponent asked him if he had their best wishes in mind when coming here, he already had an answer.

"Not one bit." He answered as non-chalantly as if he had asked if he wanted another cup of tea. "To be perfectly honest, we didn't care which side wins this struggle. Shiranui or Kondou; it didn't make a difference. If either side ended up making horrible decisions after winning this squabble and set the Land of Fire on the path of destruction you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the Land of Earth without a smile on their face." He said straight out in the open as he sighed happily from the tea he just sipped, setting it back on its coaster and pulling his mask back down. "That being said, it would be bad if this civil war of yours went on longer than it needs to. With each country picking sides on who wins the throne of konoha, unusual alliances have erupted and set things on an unpredictable path." He spoke as his hand hovered over the few pieces he had left on the board, almost grasping certain pieces before changing its mind and moving on. "Before now, nations made alliances based on who was the biggest threat to them and who had the most to offer in terms of supplies and man power. Now, it's been boiled down to who is the better leader. I'll be straight with you on this; the Shiranui have the better leader in this struggle. Yours may be passionate but there's a reason that Myouri is called 'the conqueror'. She may seem to be the motherly type that wants everyone to get along but my intel tells me that is far from the case." Sokotsu finally settled on a play as he moved his pawn the last step to the other side, allowing him to turn it into any piece he wants. There was no way that a Nara wouldn't see a move like this coming so there must have been a trap waiting for him; but what?

As he moved to grab a queen to replace his pawn, his hand stopped short of the finely crafted piece. He thought about how a person chooses a piece based on personal preference and what it means to them. The queen was considered the strongest piece in the game, able to move anywhere and destroy anything in her path for the sake of victory. That wasn't what he would want to follow in a ruler. He tried to think of what his kage, a friend, would be if he were a piece. As he laid a knight onto the chessboard, he passed the move onto his opponent.

"We want this struggle to stop immediately. The longer it goes on, the more trouble it means for us in the long run. While we didn't decide which side to join because of a coin toss, we almost could have. It would have been the same. There was one key factor edging you guys above the Shiranui. Myouri. While she would make for a better side to join in this civil war, she would be a terrible 'ally' afterwards. We need her gone, now." He added before going for his cup again. Then out of nowhere, just as his opponent would make his next move, he tossed out another bit of information entirely off topic. "Yuriko still thinks about you. Every day." He stated before taking another sip. "I love this tea. Is that cinnamon I taste?" He asked, as if to cover his last statement.

Cathartic Desire

Dapper Lunatic

User Image
Kaoru Hyuga

Current Theme: //////

Somehow it felt as though there had been some mistake to put Kaoru Hyuga on the frontal assault team. Shouldn’t he have been on a recon team, or perhaps… well, there was no use worrying over it now, though it was hard not to worry. After all, he was only a chuunin, assigned to a team of jounin from Kumogakure. It wasn’t as though Konohagakure and Kumogakure were on the best of terms, and the idea of stealing the secrets of the Byakugan would be attractive to any hidden village. What if they turned on him in the middle of the fight and kidnapped him? Would anyone even know he was gone? What if…?

Calm down, Kaoru.. you can do this… and if they try something I’ll escape in the chaos… it’s not as though I can fight all of them on my own...

It was a cowardly thought, but true, if they decided to turn against him. His father would probably have told him to destroy his eyes before they could take him, but Kaoru just wasn’t brave enough to do that. But he had a feeling that father would haunt him even in death if he gave up his Byakugan. What to do? A bead of sweat ran down the side of the boy’s face, and he bit the inside of his cheek, worrying harder.

Guh!

Kaoru was snapped harshly back to reality by the sound of shouting. The assault had started! And yet he was still crouched in his hiding place while the others were already starting the attack. He couldn’t afford to wait any longer. They were his team no matter what village they were from, and they’d need his Byakugan.

Here goes…!

Breaking out from cover, he ran after his team, picking up speed to catch up with them. He said nothing even after joining them, swallowing and trying to focus on the gate.

”Byakugan…!” he said under his breath. The distinctive veins protruded around his eyes, and he stared ahead through the walls to watch enemy shinobi scrambling to their positions. It didn’t look like the defenders had organized a solid defense just yet, but it was only a matter of time now.

"The ugly one had a big ol’ ono! Throw it to me!!"

Kaoru’s eyes twitched to the kunoichi with the big boobs (an embarrassed sweatdrop formed on chibi Kaoru's head) and his expression was a little concerned. They were about to charge straight into the front of a heavily guarded castle with a small team and she was worried about some stupid ono!? He looked ahead again, another bead of sweat sliding down the side of his face. What had he gotten himself into here? Were these people all this crazy?

Location: Tanzuku Castle gatesxxxxxxxCompany: Frontal assault team

Angelic Streaker

User Image

User Image
          ███ ███ ███ ( ☯ )cccccwwwxxxxxxxxxxxmmmaaaaa
          S T A N DNEXT!!TOME
          xxxxxxxxxxx█ █ █ █ █████████████████████████████████████
          私の後ろを歩かないこと。wxwxw
          xxxxxxxxxxx私の前を歩くしないでください。

His mission was very simple. Provide an adequate distraction that would gather the attention of all the castle guards. As a member of the vanguard he was going to do so with the utmost efficiency. There was no way the guards were going to be able to ignore what was happening at their door step. That said it would be a little foolish for them to rush in guns blazing, with no plan at all. Hiroki had already planned a few things out beforehand. He knew what he was going to do, but he had little control over what the other members of the team were going to do. He was going to take it upon himself to have their back if they ended up putting themselves in any danger, while also causing quite a bit of havoc himself. The best way to achieve both of those objectives would be for him to attack at range and keep an eye on everything happening. Which was exactly what he was going to do for now.

He sat perched on his giant bird made from the ink instilled in his tattoos. His form hovered high above, looking like nothing more than a normal bird if viewed from below. Red irises eyes scanned the area below, the castle guards looking like ants to him. A few of his water clones were on the ground with the frontal assault team that was approaching quickly. Toukei had taken it upon herself to take down a few of the guards at range, before moving in herself screaming something about an ono. He chuckled lightly as he watched her. A light breath leaving his lips as he watched the chaos begin to ensue below. Combat had started and it was time for him to make his move. He spat an empty stick of dango out of his mouth. He had to quell his obsession before the start of this mission, otherwise it would be hard to focus with the desire for dango looming over him the whole time.

"Ranton: Hōi Bō [Storm Release: Siege Bow]!"

A glowing blue bow appeared in his hands and as he drew the string back an arrow shaped itself. The bow and arrow were made entirely of his storm release meaning he'd practically be shooting out lightning bolts with each shot. The hawk he flew on suddenly plummeted towards the ground to lower his altitude a bit so he could aim a little closer. Suddenly, his water clones all exploded violently causing a large amount of water to cover both the castle guards and the ground they stood upon. He had told everyone on the team beforehand to steer clear of his clones wherever they went. Now that his trap had been laid out, he took aim. As the arrow he had created left his bow, it exploded into a large number of smaller bolts that rained down onto the battlefield. Each one moving at a deadly speed towards its intended location. The moment his bolts made contact with the ground the electricity from each bolt was conducted by the water his clones had generated and lightning began to whip violently around. The cries of the castle guards rang out as the lightning around them fried their insides.

That should have been enough to get the attention of the guards so they would focus all of their forces on the frontal assault that was occurring. Now that his presence was made known to them a number of arrows came his way, all of which he was able to dodge thanks to the mobility of the artificial bird he flew on. Taking aim once again he fired a number of bolts towards his ranged attackers, swiftly taking them out one by one. It was time for him to change tactics a little bit and be a little more flashy. "I told you I'd handle the ranged assault!" He yelled out with a small smirk as he glanced down at Toukei. Hiroki was very versatile in his combat range thanks to the large amount of ninjutsu he had under his belt.

"Primal Reincarnation Technique: Dragon!"

He kicked off his bird and the ink that had shaped it returned to the large tattoo on his back. Moments later three snake-like dragons emerged to take the birds place. Their bodies remained connected to Hiroki's back as the beasts glared down at their targets. They moved to attack the moment their creator's feet touched the ground. Slithering their way through the air as they ripped their targets to shreds. Hiroki controlled them perfectly, making them move in sync. One of them would take hold of a guard in its mouth and toss him up so the other two could tear the man apart. The dragons even had the ability to spit lightning from their mouths, due to the fact that Hiroki was able to channel lightning through them while they remained connected to his body. Lightning bolts flew from their gaping maws as his onslaught continued.

{ F e e l i n g: Focused } xxmmxxx
                                                              { W h e r e: Tanzaku Castle // Castle Gates } xmmxxxx
                                                              { C o m p a n y: Vanguard Team } xxmmxxx
                                                              { W e a r i n g: Oh bby~ } xxxxmmx

█ █ █ █ █████████████████████████████████████xxxxxxxxxxx
            ちょうど私の横に歩くと私はあなたの手を握るでしょう。xxxxxxxx
            wxwxwxwxwxwxwxwxwJust stand next to me and I'll hold your hand

Flora's Bae

Ruthless Lunatic

Saiyajin of the Twilight

Haplack Neko

Angel Bunny Aya

Cathartic Desire

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

COME AT ME AND YOU`LL SEEllaCOME AT ME AND YOU`LL SEEllaCOME AT ME AND YOU`LL SEE
                                                            COME AT ME AND YOU`LL SEEllaCOME AT ME AND YOU`LL SEEllaCOME AT ME AND YOU`LL SEE

laeti
                                                            laeti██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                                                            laeti
                                                            laeti» .(l I`MlMOREl ..`
                                                            laeti
                                                            laetitriumphanteslaetitriumphantesTHAN MEETS THE EYElaetiTHAN MEETS THE EYElaeti▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                            laeti
                                                            ` * you think thatyou`ll break me laeYOU`REGONNAFINDINTIME
                                                            laeti
                                                            ██ la██ la██ la██ la██ la██la ██ la██la ██ la██ la██ la██ la██la ██

Patiently Risika stood among her fellow leaders, eyes closed and arms folded behind her back patiently. A stern frown sat upon her lips as she listened for the meeting to begin. Beside her sat her 'kazekage,' her clone disguised as her shadow. Why hadn't he come? He simply would've been in the way, he needed to hold down the fort, afterall. While her clone's eyes remained focused upon Ayako, Risika took to looking at each body in the room, from the pained Tsuchikage to her beloved cousin whom she offered a crooked smile towards. Quickly her clone's golden eyes moved to Ayako as her voice filled the silence. "You're very well aware of our alliance with the late leader of the Kondou, your father," Her english violet-haired clone began in a successfully masculine voice, "I could only assume it'd be in our late kazekage's wishes. We'd never turn down such a valuable ally, wouldn't you agree with this logic?" Affording to create a friendly smile upon his lips, he offered the friendly gesture. "We will be along side you every step of the way, Kondou-san. Our ideals are very similar, I'll be damned if we allow the Shiranui to control Konoha without a fight." Controlling her power as Kazekage was definitely much easier with her clone. Curiously the tanned clone's rich irises moved to the Tsuchikage, chin cradled in his hand, nonchalantly awaiting his response.

"Excuse me, Kazekage-sama," The true formed Risika smiled to her disguised clone before leaving the room, sending Yuriko a last glance. Through the double doors she stepped out to discover her fellow internal defensive squad. Often Risika felt herself wanting to belt out a laugh knowing they wouldn't realized they had a kage doing the grunt work. Not that she minded, a reason for action was appealing; Risika didn't get much at home.

Risika exited with plenty of time to observe a moment of Sokotsu and Shikaeshi's tactical battle of black versus white. She was no good at chess, in fact she didn't know the rules or moves of each piece. What she did know was that the queen was almighty and held the most power; Appropriate in her book. With no intention of learning, her eyes moved to observe the what she could of the Tanzaku Castle's innards. It was then she caught Sokotsu's mention of her cousin, Yuriko. Not sparing a glance, she continued to study her surroundings for future reference. "He doesn't need to know that," she stated blandly, voice absent of hostility and defensive nature. "Stay away from her, Nara, you've caused her enough trouble." Slowly she took to looking back to her allies. Word always traveled through family, even if they came from different villages. "Even if she does think about you we won't know what she'll do when she sees you again. I suggest you prepare for her left hook or whatever new thing shes made." For a moment a memory returned, a dull ache in her cheek returned to greet the grey kunoichi. Last time she'd trained with her while visiting Yuriko managed to fracture her cheekbone and jaw, that was her going 'easy.' Although plenty of years ago in the midst of mastering her kekkei genkai every once in a while there was a small reminder of the incident. It was without say, Risika stopped training with her cousin.

It wasn't long before a faint sound captured her attention. Rustling bodies, various calls echoing down the hallways. There was a ruckus outside that left wonder ebbing away at her mind. Orders were clear, however. They were to remain their ground incase enemies managed to break through.

Emotions: Relaxed although attentive.
                                                            Location: Tanzaku Castle outside the meeting room

Company: Sokotsu Koubou and Shikaeshi Nara
                                                            OOC: Here is what Risika's clone is disguised as: Click here to see the image!

*&YOU`RESTANDINGTOOCLOSE
                                                            laeti

laeti
                                                            laetitriumto a flame █████
                                                            laeti
                                                            laetitriumphanteslaetitriumphanteslaetitrTHAT`S BURNING HOTTER THAN THE SUN IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY

The Squadfather's Significant Otter

User Image
User Image
                                                    COMPANY ▹ Fokkusu Hikori, Yuriko Kuraki, Ayako Kondou, Risika Iyoki (clone) xxxxxxxx LOCATION ▹ Tanzaku Castle, Kondou meeting room

Rolling her eyes on a daily basis was not something that was avoidable for her—really, with her team, Yasugama in particular, she often felt harsher methods were necessary to express her displeasure or general lack of amusement at their antics. However, for once, she truly couldn’t fault his behavior, that option thrown out of the window solely by how good of an actor he was.

Or well, actor… She was willing to bet one of her fingers this was how the green-haired chuunin would act all the time, given the opportunity.

However, she was grateful for his buoyant personality, as it was exactly what they needed—four shadows moving in unison to Tanzaku castle would’ve alerted any guard with their heads screwed on straight (provided they still were alive, which shouldn’t be the case now), but with them spread out like this, none of them would pick up any notice they didn’t get ordinarily. It happened, when your hair color was anything but common (for Mai on people her age, at least), with Akira often being the only one that could fit in with any crowd, if you discounted his aura and general demeanor. However, to minimize chances of exposure this early, she’d donned a tan cloak not uncommon to citizens of the Land of Fire, and took on a different form as well; white hair now black, blue-violet eyes now brown to take away the most obvious things that facially defined her. Changing her body would just be a waste of chakra, especially given that she was dropping the henge the minute they got into the castle compound.

As Yasugama moved several meters in front of her, nearly reaching the castle, she picked up her own space, appearing every bit a normal, if hurried civilian determined to pass the throng of children in front of her. However, soon enough, the sizable crowd on the streets became frantic, but as she saw a distinctive hand give a thumbs-up, she paid them no further mind, dropping her henge and cloak in a nearly simultaneous movement. Underneath, she’d been wearing a sleeveless black catsuit; though the top was nothing more than a flimsy garment she’d probably end up ruining anyway at one point, the bottom half of her ensemble was designed to withstand as many attacks as possible, from the strong fibers of the fabric to the leather armor she wore over it. However, no time was given to identify her as with one hand seal, she activated another camouflaging genjutsu, this one making her nearly invisible to the naked eye.

Preparations now in place, she sprinted forward to the castle, quickly passing Yasugama with nothing but a quick squeeze on his shoulder, and scaled the wall, rapidly moving up several stories until she sat on the second roof, counting from the top down. If intel was correct—and she didn’t doubt, the meeting room sat a few meters below her, easily accessible through the window, for anyone with decent agility. For a moment, she wondered how Sumiko and Yasugama would fare—though they were both capable shinobi as far as she was concerned, leaving them alone for a short time—or well, together, was something else; but then there was Akira as well. Without further thoughts, she pushed that matter out of her head and focused on the task on hand.

Inaudibly, she breathed in and out, unnoticeable on the roof, while in her head, the seconds ticked by. Attacking on her own was a terrible idea, though not unmanageable; however, she’d have to wait until she could be reasonably sure Sumiko, Akira and Yasugama were at least on the same floor—she’d expect the heaviest opposition to be on the same floor as the Kages, but not necessarily in the same room. A quick glance to the yards confirmed that the Kumo nin were holding up quite well, as far as she could see in barely half a second. She contemplated throwing a flash grenade as she broke the window—however, with her allies hopefully entering as well, the risk of them getting hurt from her friendly fire was too great in her mind, especially given she had no extensive knowledge on the layout of the room. Similarly, throwing the grenade first and then entering, meant she’d have to break the window first, and that gave her targets at the very least a second to react, something she wasn’t willing to give them.

Playing fair was not her style—besides, no one needed fairness when they were dead.

There were only so many things she could let herself be bothered by, and none of the ninja she expected to be in the room below her were particularly unique in their skills; out of all of them, the Tsuchikage worried her the most. As far as she’d been able to find, there was currently only one man in the entire world with his techniques, and once started, there was no easy thing she could do to counter them.

Just smashing.

Another minute passed, and the mayhem in the courtyard grew bigger; more troops had joined to fight Kumo’s assault, but from the looks of it, they were starting to use heavier jutsu now that there were more targets to kill. Then, she could heard the faint clatter of metal clashing on metal coming from within the castle too, and as the noise grew closer, she stood up and tied one end of a string of wire to one of the decorative elements on the rooftop. Holding the other end in her hand, she took in a deep breath, and maintaining her camouflaging genjutsu, jumped down towards the window.

As her arch reached its widest point, her left hand stretched towards the window—and shattered it completely with five bone bullets fired too fast for the naked eye to see. A fraction of a second later, she entered the room feet first, consciously having regrown the bones in the top of her fingers the moment they left her hand, and again, unleashed a volley from both her hands, now consisting of ten bullets, at the figures seated at the circular table.

WolfXeno's Wife

Garbage Bear

A barrage of chakra infused arrows rained from above, lancing precariously between friend and foe. Toukei rolled her eyes and side stepped a flung weapon, then another flung body, before kicking up a discarded sword. That was Hiroki for you. He was a modest guy normally, but he was always over zealous in his efforts. Was launching a hail of chakra really needed? If they were going to survive this encounter, they’d be smart to conserve their energy from the beginning. Adjusting her grip on the naginata, Toukei ripped through the air, and felled a small handful that had begun to surround her.

And I told you,” she shouted back, flicking her glaive into a defensive position and dashing forward with the newly procured sword, cleaving through the neck of another defender. “It’s a waste of chakra. You aren’t Heddo, my friend, your reserves aren’t basically limitless.

It must be his youth – despite their difference only being three years, Toukei felt like he was over confident with his limitations. There was no way the Kondou alliance would leave this party without sufficient defenses. It wouldn’t be long before the elite guard would hold them off. Hiroki’s dragons snaked to the ground, behind her as she advanced the gates. One technique after the other? Sure, an explosion works great at first, but you’re s**t out of luck when they aren’t all finished off in one go. That kid needed to learn how to pace himself.

Shoving the hilt of her sword to her mouth, she took her pole arm in both hands and staked an enemy right through as he slung his hands together in preparation for a jutsu. People were always too distracted using their magic to realize what was happening. That’s the problem with ninja these days! Toukei dropped the naginata and the body, easing her jaw and the release her teeth had on the sword.

Ahead of her, the younger Hyuuga held his position nervously. His presence was a strange one, actually, suggested by his father to Shiranui during the planning stages. The vanguard was mostly made up of the Kumogakure ninja, with a few others who were noted for their destructive skills. Kaoru, as his name were, was outranked at all sides and younger than his comrades. It wasn’t that she couldn’t appreciate his skills – though he was a bit too frill for her tastes – it was just odd. Maybe his father didn’t care for him. Or cared too much and wanted him to get blooded as a true warrior.

As of the moment, he was doing a pretty good job! Toukei heard the milky eyes of the Hyuuga could see all around, and his taijutsu was fairly tight despite the green behind his ears. He was still awfully young though. If he lived in her home, he’d be going through his spiritual training about now. Just as he sent an opponent off kilter, she stepped in beside him and swung. Perhaps it was because she had been thinking about home, a bit of a dangerous pass time, because her sword cut through the flesh and bone then hit the ground.

The blade snapped in two, and the tip uselessly flung on the dirt.

Oh, damn it.” Toukei groaned looking at the broken sword. “I hate it when I do that.

Flipping it in her hand, she shifted position and threw the broken blade, and watched it bury itself, despite the blunt end, into an enemy back. Rolling her shoulders, Toukei leaned down and procured the ono she had been searching for near Kaoru’s feet. It was a nice weight, and the blade edge looked sharp still. Reaching behind her, Toukei drew a kama to pair the weapon off and flashed the Hyuuga a grin.

Well, still got what I wanted! Right?” Despite the weapon clearly being designed for use with two hands, Toukei seemed awfully comfortable with swinging it in a single one. “Hey, you’re doing pretty good, kid. Wanna stick with your Aneki here and give these Kondo bastards hell?

ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ↷ Hyuuga Kaoru, the Shiranui Vanguard xxxxx ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ↷ Tanzaku Castle Gates xxxxx ᴄᴏɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ ↷ I miss my siblings

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff