Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Fatcat

User Image
~Tsubomi~

Suddenly, before she knew it, Tsubomi was being pulled into the nearby bookstore and up onto the second floor. Just like she thought, an earful... However to her surprise he stopped and apologized instead, saying that he was like her. Meaning, he also had abilities...
"I'm sorry..." She apologized, bowing her head a bit. "It's just that without my glasses on, I can't seem to control my abilities. It-It might sound a bit weird at first but its true..." She pushed her glasses up a bit to keep them from falling. "I'm Tsubomi"
Suddenly, she could hear a slight growl coming from behind a few shelves. It seemed... maybe...a bit threatening? "Um...what's that sound?" She asked, looking around curiously. "Enemy? Dog?"

Invisible Poster

User Image
Neil Cassidy

Neil frowned as she told him about the glasses helping her keep her powers under control. "Sounds like something subconscious. So I guess it's not entirely your fault." he said. He;d read about something like that before and there was a technical name for it. Not that he could call up the memory right then. She then introduced herself and he smiled faintly. "Nice to meet you." he said. He was about to say more when she mentioned a sound. Neil fell quiet and listened. "First floor." he said and stood up. Neil made his way down and easily found the source of the sound, no one else being in the bookstore. It was a boy, maybe the same age as Neil. They were reading a book from the history section. "Something wrong?" he asked, seeing as the boy was growling as he read the book.
User Image
Mathieus
Wanna play a game?! Aha!

{

Matt whirled around quickly as someone entered his peripheral vision. The other boy asked him a curious question, but the dark-haired metahuman had frozen in place with book still in hand. He was trying his hardest to react differently to his flight-or-fight response. Normally when confronted his first instinct is to run, but it would probably end in something unfavorable in this moment.

"No. Nothing is wrong..." He replied as he flashed a friendly grin. His features had thawed after he fought back the urge to escape, his body relaxing back to their natural state. "However, do you perhaps have anything more on..." Matt paused as he quickly looked around, "The Syndicate. It's for a school report, you see my teacher is being this big hard a** and wanted an extensive report on something significant within our recent history!"

Mathieus easily lied through his teeth. It's almost part of his daily routine by now! Although, He thought darkly after his reply to the boy, that depends on how this joe-schmoe takes it. I have no idea what the high school curriculum is for kids my age!

}

Trust me! It's so fun, it's to die for!

Invisible Poster

User Image
Neil Cassidy

Neil watched as the boy looked like he wanted to run and waited to see what he'd do. Then the boy smiled and asked for a book about The Syndicate. Neil was surprised to hear them come up in conversation like this and wondered if a school would really want a report on a government funded agency that liked to kidnap children and experiment on them. Not that they'd have that written in their books. he thought. "I'm not sure if we have that kind of book. I could search it up for you though." Neil said. "But I bet a lot of their more personal information is withheld, if documented and released to the public. Like the FBI's kind of thing." he told him. Neil turned around to head back to the register so he could search for the kid's book on the computer. He passed by Tsubomi and paused a bit to look at her, as if he might say something, but quickly continued on. He was kind of suspicious about this boy's request. It just seemed off to him. Then again, he could just be being overly cautious and paranoid.
User Image
Mathieus
Wanna play a game?! Aha!

{

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Matt mentally scolded himself for being too upfront. I should have just looked for it myself, it would have been more time consuming, but now I look like some hippie talking about UFO's! His smile did not falter as regret began to insert itself into his mind. The other boy began to search the computer for either the book, or the number for the police to cart Matt away from here. He was hoping it was the first option.

The illusionist began to drift towards other sections of the bookstore while he heard the tapping of the keyboard. He didn't want to seem like an impatient creep (although, that might be hard to do now)! He decided to keep the two books that he was previously looking at as he searched around the store. Noticing the staircase, he looked back on the pair, "So, what's upstairs?" He casually asked.

}

Greedy Fatcat

User Image
~Tsubomi~

The girl decided to wait and see if the coast was clear before going over to see who Neil was talking to. However, just as Tsubomi was about to go, Neil had walked past her. Stopping and staring at her as if he had something to say.
'Umm... Did i do something wrong again?' She wondered, as he turned his head and walked away. 'I think I'll take that as a no...'
Sighing in relief, she tip-toed slowly down the stairs. After all it was a library, and she had to be careful not to lose sight of her glasses again. Tsubomi held onto the right side of her glasses with her right hand and took one last step until she reached the bottom.
Glancing over, she noticed a dark-haired boy and as if on instinct, she took a step backwards then quickly took a step forward again once she'd realized how rude she was acting.

Timely Traveler

User Image
Raven

Raven looked at ylva as the emotions drained out of the worried girl. Raven replaced these emotions with a content happiness. She hopped that the girl didn't notice, but she seemed too distressed. We are like gods...The titans of legend... she said monotonously as different feelings raged inside her mind. On the outside she seemed emotionless, like she normally did. Teen Titans...not mutants...were gods... she said as she began to float a little.

Eternal Moonwalker

37,440 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
YLVA
At night, the town is quiet like the bottom of the ocean
I continue down the road by myself
Guided by the distant voice
I keep searching for the soft blue light
Where: T-shaped tower
With who: Raven

Ylva were quiet as she listened to Raven. Gods? That didn't sound right to her. She had been abused and experimented on for 15 years, so she couldn't view herself as anything godly. But the name sounded kinda ok. At least it were alot better than Metahumans. "Sounds like a good name," she said. She looked thoughtful for a while, then she pulled up her hood. "Well, shall we go?" She kinda knew when the subway were filled with people, and right now, there wouldn't be so many there, meaning that it would be quite easy to sneak to her hideout.

Invisible Poster

User Image
Neil Cassidy

Neil was surprised to find they indeed had a book about the syndicate. Though after reading the review Neil seriously doubted it said anything that would portray them in the light that he saw them in. He looked up as the boy asked what was upstairs. "Non-fiction mostly. There's also some poetry, but not many people are interested about that." he said. "you're book's up there by the way. $2.99. Or you could sit here in the bookstore and read it. Up to you." Neil said, getting up and going upstairs to find the kid's book. He quickly found it and returned downstairs to hand the kid the book. "Though if you want to read it here, I'd suggest coming back tomorrow. We close in about twenty minutes." Neil informed. He saw Tubomi out of the corner of his eye and wondered if she was waiting on him or something. Maybe she wanted to talk to the other boy? He hadn't notice her earlier backstep. He hadn't expected her to stay, but couldn't say he was disappointed. She was the only other metahuman he'd seen since the escape. "Tsubomi?" he asked. "Would you mind waiting with me in the bookstore until my shift ends?" he asked.
User Image
Mathieus
Wanna play a game?! Aha!

{

Mathieus nodded as the clerk satisfied his curiosity about the stairs. In other words, junk. He kept to himself. The fellow grabbed the book he was looking for and handed to him and told him the price. "Oh!" Matt exclaimed as he placed all three books onto a nearby shelf and dug through his pocket. He revealed a wallet that seemed to posh for him, as if it belonged to a businessman. He rummaged through it a bit and found no paper money. Glaring at the numerous cards in the slots, he growled softly. He found credit cards too traceable when you have to use stolen money as your source of income.

The boy asked the girl to stay after his shift ended, making Matt burst out in laughter. "Oh ho ho! I see whats going on!" He turned to the girl that the question was addressed to, "I'd watch out for him. There's only one thing on a pretty boy's mind, and that is..." His wild laughter come him off at this point, thankfully.

"Well," He said loudly to stop himself from getting hysterical, "It seems I will have to come back tomorrow. I am completely broke! I'll allow you two some private time now~!" Matt kept chuckling to himself as he waltzed out of the store, the little bell jingling as the door opened. He looked back at the store, and once again got caught up in hysterical laughter.

As soon as he was around the corner, his laughter disappeared. That situation could have gotten a lot worse. Luckily, they didn't question further or I WOULD have had to leave on a bad note. He let his mind wander as he meandered through the streets, with no specific goal directing him anywhere.

}

Greedy Fatcat

User Image
~Tsubomi~

Tsubomi was soon snapped out of her thoughts when Neil had come back and asked if she could stay until after his shift ended. She nodded nervously in agreement but then after hearing the dark-haired boys comment, she burst into embarrassment.
"H-Hey! It's- you know! You got the wrong idea!" She stuttered, shouting at his back as he walked out. "Geez...." Her face stayed a bright red as the feeling around her turned into an awkward silence.
'It's a library too, what was i thinking...?' She thought, puffing up her cheeks. Sighing in defeat, she walked over to some shelves and pretended like she was looking for something to read, not wanting to embarrass herself anymore than she already did.

Invisible Poster

User Image
Neil Cassidy

Neil was quiet as the boy made his comment and raised a brow questionably. He knew what the kid was implying. It wasn't the reason he wanted her to stay but he didn't try to tell him different. Neil actually smiled at the way the kid cracked himself up. When he said he'd come in tomorrow Neil nodded. "Have a nice day." he said as the boy left. He then looked at Tsubomi and couldn't hold back a chuckle at the way her face was so red. "Don't worry about him. I have no ill-mannered intentions towards you." he assured her as he went back to the register. "Now, I have to check my shelves before closing time. It shouldn't take long and by the time I'm done my shift should be over." he told her. He then went back upstairs to make sure everything was in order.

Timely Traveler

User Image
Raven

Raven looked at ylva and sighed. I understand what you mean about not being godly, but that is the closest thing. We definitely aren't human, but we have these powers.... she attempted to explain as she closed her eyes in frustration. The feelings of Ylva and herself were flaring up inside her mind and giving her not only a horrid headache but the one of the worst moods in her life. It was a good thing she was a Empath otherwise she may have began to shout out many senseless things. She looked out over the ocean as she wished to destroy something. She wanted to do anything to take her mind off...well... her mind.... Should we go? she asked as a purple aura surrounded her. A small sigh escaped her mouth as some of the voices in her head lowered into the energy.

Cute Saeka's Significant Otter

Anxious Loiterer

User ImageUser Image
Raise and Ian Evangaurd
The scars of our battle....

On the roof of a nearby bookstore stood a young girl. Her brown hair dancing with the wind, and a black broom held at her side. "Ian..." She called out, thinking that the black cat was perched behind her. No answer. "Oi! Ian!"
Turning around she noticed the cat was no where in sight. 'Hmp! Off hanging somewhere again?' She thought, putting her hands on her hips. 'Doesn't he know that we have to keep a low profile? That idiot! If a person sees a black cat in human clothes what'll he do? Besides, he's my ride back on the ground...' With an annoyed glare, she sat down and closed her eyes, trying to keep herself from going on a rampage.
On the other hand, Ian was walking down the street, his disguise in check as he toddled along on all fours. Sure, it was quite hard doing so in human clothes but he WAS once a human himself, and walking around naked didn't make him feel better either. The cats mind was set, first he'd find himself something to eat, play around a bit or whatever people in this town usually do, and then go back and get Raise from the top of the random bookstore they came across.
'She wouldn't mind...' He thought, his carefree personality taking over. 'It's only for a while, its not that hard to find food...'

....Will they ever disappear?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces