Total Votes:[ 28 ]

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab plot tab plot tab plot tab plot tab plot

tab tab tab ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Crown City has always been an industrious hub. Technology and social networking began to boom and the city did along with it. It changed and developed, and, at first, the changes were welcomed. However, people began to abuse what technology they had by inventing or tweaking already existing items in order to aid in their crimes. No matter how souped up law enforcement was, they were usually unsuccessful in maintaining peace. Robberies became a normal occurrence. Gangs arose and fought for territory. The crime rate sky-rocketed and became unmanageable. This continued for several years, worsening to a point where nothing could reverse it and the city slowly began to deteriorate.

When it became too much for society to handle, a select few took it upon themselves to save Crown City from its inhabitants. Some of these individuals, who had been blessed with a "natural strength," began to assist C.P.D. with regaining and maintaining order. The so-called "heroes" began to nurture and protect Crown City, aiding in the rebirth of Crown City. Others who had not been born with a "natural strength" began to invest in modifications and synthetics that would allow for them to fight alongside the other heroes. In 2021, when the heroes began to gain popularity, an entrepreneur took advantage of the situation and created Hero TV - a television channel that not only produced news, but detailed the heroes' actions on television for the world to see.

What had once been the simple pursuit of righting what was wrong with the world became a competition. Heroes competed for points, which were granted as crimes were halted and dealt with. While C.P.D. was grateful for the heroes' help, it seemed this competition was only causing more problems. In order to keep ratings up, the heroes became much more reckless, often destroying private and public property. The police were not the only ones dissatisfied with the heroes behavior. Other civilians, with or without powers, began to voice their displeasure by acting as villains. When they came into the picture, the heroes began to spend most of their time dealing with them instead of actual crime, leaving C.P.D. to once again deal with the mess.

Hero TV, as a whole, was considered a great thing. The crime rate in Crown City dropped drastically. Companies were jumping at the chance to sponsor heroes. Trading cards and figures were created, resembling all sorts of heroes. Several other countries adopted the idea after seeing how well it allowed for crime control and created their own versions of Hero TV. It became a world wide phenomenon.

The year is 2056. The heroes on Hero TV have cycled in and out. Old and new faces, as well as natural strengths, modifications and synthetics, have blended together to maintain an entertaining and powerful dynamic. While some heroes still believe in maintaining peace and enforcing the law, others have reveled in their fame and riches and even delved in acting and performing. The Crown City Police Department still struggles to get along with the heroes and maintain peace. Villains lurk around every corner, waiting for the opportune time to teach the heroes a lesson.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image tab tab tab tab

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab rules tab rules tab rules tab rules tab rules

WELCOME!
                                                    O1. Welcome to Crown City and thanks for showing interest. The rules are pretty basic and average. Nothing too special here, I'm afraid. As always, follow Gaia Tos. Respect other roleplayers and their characters. Do not God-mod or take control of characters that are not yours. For this roleplay, the gold rule would be: RESPECT OTHERS.

POSTING
                                                    O1. I don't expect people to post more than once a week in here, if even that. I figure everyone would appreciate a nice, semi-slow paced roleplay where they don't have to stress over posting multiple times a week. I know how busy real life can be, what with school and jobs. All I ask is that you check in if you're going to be gone for a while so no one gets stuck anywhere. And if someone does end up on hiatus / leaving in the middle of something, we'll figure out a way to work around it. The roleplay will also be lazy-lit, so 2 - 3 well-written paragraphs should be fine. Detail is encouraged, but you're not required to write five or so paragraphs(though I definitely won't stop you). Just give everyone something to work with and please pay attention to what posts say. Also, please do not ignore people or send your character to an already busy area! We don't want people getting stuck because everyone wants to talk to everyone at once.

CHARACTERS
                                                    O1. I want to see interesting characters.

O2. As of right now, there's no limit on characters. Take on what you can handle. The only "limit" is on how many females each person can play, since they're usually the first to fill up. I've also seen some people play, like, three or more females, all heterosexual, and demand others play males to accompany their females. That's a no-no for me, unfortunately.

O3. Anyways, back to having interesting characters! While anime pictures are a requirement, not all characters are supposed to be Japanese. Crown City is diverse, meaning there's people from everywhere there. The main language spoken is English, but that doesn't mean your characters can't speak other languages or be from other countries. Diversity is awesome and I'd love to see it here.

APPLICATION
                                                    O1. There's an application, which may seem scary to some, but I promise it's not! It's not a super strict one, just some info I'd like to get before accepting you. I'll most likely say yes unless there's some sort of real issue(and, if I say no, I'll try to tell you specifically why). If you have any questions about the positions or what certain terms mean(since some were mentioned, but not explained too well), I went ahead and made a FAQ post. If you have any questions that are not answered there, post them ooc and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

O2. Okay, on to how to apply! Go to the top post, click the "app" link, and you should wind up in the app thread. Both the application code and profile code are located there. Once I've accepted your application, you'll be able to work on your profile. You'll have about 7 - 10 days to finish the actual profile. You can either pm me the link to you thread or just copy and paste the profile there. I'll read through it and once I okay everything, I'll tell you to post it in the profile thread. I'm doing it that way so you have access to it and can edit it at any point. Please run any major edits by me.

PLOTTING
                                                    O1. I highly encourage plotting with others, including myself. Plot relationships, past and present. Discuss their futures, specifically things that would allow for character growth. If you want anything major to happen in the future(some kind of injury, or something similar to that), let me know first and I'll review it.

TRIGGERED EVENTS
                                                    O1. There will be triggered events. You're probably wondering what that means. I'll set up random "events," which will not be the same as actual events/holidays/etc. in the roleplay. They may or may not be triggered by the actions of your characters. Heroes will more than likely have to deal with them, since some of them may be crimes that they will have to stop. Meaning the crew of Hero TV will also have to show up at these triggered events. This will create some drama and action. That doesn't mean that the triggers are strictly for fight scenes, though - some may be first come, first serve events for heroes, like sponsorship deals, acting roles, etc.

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab characters tab characters tab characters tab characters tab characters

User Image
                                                  User Image tab User Image tab User Image tab User Image

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab characters tab characters tab characters tab characters tab characters

User Image

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image
                                                  tab tab tab chief tab tab officer tab tab rookie tab tab mayor

tab tab tab ceo tab tab assistant tab tab reporter tab tab camerawoman

tab tab tab physician tab tab trainer tab tab journalist tab tab makeup artist
                                                  tab tab tab other tab tab other tab tab other tab tab other

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab faq tab faq tab faq tab faq tab faq

WHAT ARE NATURAL STRENGTHS? SYNTHETICS/MODIFICATIONS? WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES?
                                                    O1. Natural Strengths are superpowers that someone is born with. They are naturally gifted, meaning they didn't do anything to obtain their abilities. This doesn't necessarily mean that they have complete control or even like their abilities.

O2. Synthetics and Modifications are similar, but not quite the same thing. Synthetics are man-made powers that are implanted into people. And when I say "implanted," I use that term very loosely. Most people with Synthetics receive injections to maintain their powers. If they stop using the injections, there's a chance they'll lose their powers... As well as suffer some negative side-effects. They'll experience withdrawals. Their motor skills and mental capabilities may perish.

O3. Modifications are, well, modifications. Rather than being granted super abilities, modifications enhance what is already there. Want to be physically stronger? Replace sections of your body with bionic substitutes. Want to see in the dark? Get your peepers switched out, or have lenses installed. Modifications are somewhat dangerous in the installation phase - your body may reject them entirely.

O4. Both Synthetic and Modifications are EXPENSIVE. If your character is not wealthy, they most likely will NOT have either. Now, the owner of Hero TV may have invested in a few choice individuals, possibly paying for these treatments. However, Synthetics and Modifications are not cheap and are hell to manage.

WHAT ARE THE "OTHER" POSITIONS?
                                                    O1. The positions labeled "other" are basically free spaces. You can apply any position to them, though I do ask that they have some kind of connection to the Heroes and Villains. For example, there's a Bartender and a Trainer. The Bartender and Trainer interact with the Heroes, and possibly Villains, because of their proximity to them. Not sure how to work them in? Talk to me, or ask others in the OOC. I'm sure we can help you pick something out!

CAN PEOPLE BESIDES HEROES AND VILLAINS HAVE POWERS? FOR EXAMPLE, CIVILIANS?
                                                    O1. It's possible but they will NOT be as strong as Heroes or Villains. They'll be much weaker and will most likely have no real control of their powers. Their powers will not be deadly, either. Small things, like slight ESP. So, please, don't submit an OP civilian. I'll more than likely reject it. I prefer there only be one or two, if I allow any at all. I'll more than likely be super picky about civilians who have powers. For now, I most likely will not be accepting these kinds of characters until we've filled out a little more.

SINCE IT'S THE FUTURE, WHAT KIND OF FUTURISTIC TECHNOLOGY IS THERE?
                                                    O1. I'm glad you asked! There's all kinds. There's been advancements in all sorts of fields. However, in Crown City, people lack quite a few basic things most people have today. No one really owns a car in Crown City because it's extremely crowded. Most people walk, ride bikes and motorcycles, etc. If you need to go on a trip or travel long distance, you can rent vehicles. The only people who will frequently use a form of transportation like a vehicle will be the crew for Hero TV.

O2. Alright, now lets talk about some of the technology that will be available! There will be all sorts of things and I welcome you to submit some if you have ideas! But for now, take a gander at this handy dandy post that displays some medical advances that will more than likely be used in the rolepaly. Some, like the mechanical heart, will be used in dire cases. Others will be used on a regular basis, such as the regeneration injections. Those will be used on injuries that heroes sustain and will not be readily available or affordable for the public.

DO ALL HEROES AND VILLAINS HAVE TO KEEP THEIR IDENTITIES SECRET?
                                                    O1. Yes and no. For safety reasons, it is encouraged. However, it is solely up to the Hero or Villain if they wish to keep their identity secret. Some do and some don't. It's a personal decision.

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab locations tab locations tab locations tab locations tab locations

HERO TV HEADQUARTERS

O1. The base of operations for the famous, multi-million dollar company. The building is heavily guarded in order to keep the heroes, and their identities, safe. Any and all visitors must undergo a strict background check - no one but relatives, friends, family and police are allowed to visit. Other visitors must be confirmed and invited by the CEO for business related issues only. Upon each visit, they will have to undergo several security checks.

O2. Currently, the building has eleven floors, each containing an array of essentials for both of the heroes and staff of Hero TV. The first floor is merely a lobby are and a spacious arrangement of offices. These offices belong to lower-level businessmen and women who work to solve any of the smaller problems that Hero TV has to deal with. The third floor is strictly where the members of the AV team reside. Hero TV's personal and private ICU is located on the fourth floor and is souped up with a full staff and all necessary medical equipment(including most medications that are nearly impossible for the general public to afford). The fifth floor is the cafeteria for staff, and the sixth floor is the cafeteria for the heroes. The seventh floor is where the gym is located and is a place for the heroes to train and exercise. The eleventh floor is the CEO's office, which is located behind a large, extravagant lobby area in which his assistant resides so that they may have easy access to the CEO at all times.

THE COZY CROWN

O1. A bar located a block away from Hero TV Headquarters. The name itself captures the bar's atmosphere - a safe, warm and comfortable environment. Some heroes frequent the place for late night drinks and hearty celebration meals.

CROWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE

O1. The well respected and cost-effective college of choice in Crown City. Home to some of the most insanely brilliant scientists of Crown City.

TBA
                                                    to be edited

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab calendar tab calendar tab calendar tab calendar tab calendar

User Image
                                                  current date. O1.O5.56

-----------------weather: chilly. the air has cooled since the sun ducked behind the towering buildings of crown
                                                    -----------------city. a small amount of clouds remain hanging in the sky, hiding the moon every now and then for a
                                                    -----------------few short seconds. there's a slight breeze that catches the wafting aromas of warm food through the air.
                                                    -----------------the streets, as usual, are busy with night life. the members of hero tv are revving up in anticipation for
                                                    -----------------tonight's show.
                                                    -----------------time: evening.
                                                    -----------------upcoming event(s): january 21 ; hero tv anniversary party

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab uc tab uc tab uc tab uc tab uc

TO BE EDITED
                                                    to be edited

Fatcat

16,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
              User Image
              User Image

User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab uc tab uc tab uc tab uc tab uc

TO BE EDITED
                                                    to be edited

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas