We all know the story of how one day-melenia ago, God called all the animals to the banquet hall for the new years festival.
"Long long time ago, God told the animals, 'Tomorrow I'll invite you to my banquet. You must not be late.' After hearing the news, the rat, who likes practical jokes... told it's neighbor, the cat, that the banguet was the day after tomorrow. On that day, the rat rode on the ox, and jumped off into get to the banquet first. The ox followed, then the tiger and everyone else. The celebration lasted until the next morning. Except for the deceived cat...those 12 animals would become the God's family, the Zodiac.
The cat became angry-when none of his friends were around that day, he knew that he'd been deceived, and so he went in anger-and destroyed the banquet that the God had worked so hard to create. The cat was not allowed to be part of the family-was banned from the group forever more. Ever since that day-the god and cat hated each other, ever since that day-the cat was caged, hidden from the world-and cursed to become a monster whenever the prayer beads around his neck were taken off.
The cat and god was so vengeful-that when the animals died, their spirits-teathered to the god, would linger. God's wrath, and anger towards the cat would force all 14 spirits to linger on earth together.
One day-a woman was kind to the spirit of the god, a woman by the name of Souma. The spirit decided then and there-that he loved her-and the curse of the wandering animals was broken, but was replaced by a new curse-the spirits were tied to that family from that day forward-to go forth and inhibit one child of the family each. Whenever the child was hugged-by the member of the opposite sex, their animal spirits would come forth-and the holder of the soul, would transform into the animal which inhabited the spirit-every year the family would have a banquet, in which they would try to mend the broken souls of the family back together. The God-would always be the head of family...and would always be lonely.
This has been going on for hundreds of generations"
Ever since that fateful day-14 humans were cursed with the spirit of the Zodiac, The Almighty-but sickly god, and the rat-hating Cat. This continued generation after generation-the members of the Zodiac were never able to find love...were rarely ever to leave the side of God, and lived miserable lives within the Sohma estate-which was passed down from God to God since the beginning of human-and Zodiac life.
Three generations ago-a young girl penetrated the forcefield around the Sohma Estate, an orphan squirmed into the hearts of the Zodiac-and eventually convinced the God to relinquish her hold upon her subjects. Everyone was released of their curse-everyone was happy.
The Sohma's seemed normal again. And it stayed that way for two whole generations. But some years ago-a child was born..and when it was held by its two loving parents...it transformed into a beast. An animal-and the curse was brought upon the Sohma's again.
Some people remember how to break the curse, however-the God this time around-though not heartless, is so afraid of losing his Zodiac...he maintains a firm grip. His only true friend-the Rat, who keeps him company always...and as the rat will tell all who asks...things are not always as they seem.
How will the curse be broken-will outsiders finally penetrate into the Sohma estate for good? And what will happen between the Cat-and God? It is up to you...and me.
Rules: Disclaimer: If any of you see these pictures-and don't join because of them...I say you need to lighten up xD
1. Follow the general rules of Barton town and the Rules of Gaia (TOS) please. This means I don't want to see over-excessive god moding, power playing, auto hitting, cybering, to much gore...ect. I just don't wanna see it.
2. Please stay loyal to the roleplay-I understand we all have lives. A post once a week is loved-but seeing as this is a slower going roleplay, it is acceptable to post only once every week and a half. However, if you don't post once in two weeks, you will be deleted. K thx.
3. Have a grasp of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence fluency. This is a literate roleplay-meaning I expect at least 1 paragraph of 8 sentences in each post written. 4 sentences is the lowest you should go without getting a warning or a poke from me. I'm normally very lenient about all of these things...however, at least make an effort please.
4. Take arguments to the OC thread, that is why it is there. PM profiles to me before posting them with the title "I'm the (Insert character here) in this bowl"
4.5. Please send the reserve first. If I just get a profile, I will ignore it, the reserve format is in the CHARACTERS post. Thank you!
5. I am god here-I have several moderators, or I will eventually.
6. In regards to IC play:: The god controls all. When he say's jump-you say 'how high' get it? (Unless you don't roll that way). In OC, those Gods are in the 5th rule. K thx.
7. Make it fun-if you are an outsider, make sure that you tie yourself to the family IN SOME WAY. So your characters are not just hopping around doing nothing at all. A friend, member of the same team...SOMETHING. Don't be afraid to talk to members of the Zodiac and people who play them to figure out how you can get involved!
8. No Zodiac characters will be under the age of 6, or over the age of 30. Also, we will have an even number of males and females in this roleplay, 8 and 8. As we get more characters-I will be choosing the gender of the remaining characters to ensure this happens. The God of the Zodiac MUST be male. Please, I wish for whomever plays the god to play a male.
9. After sending in your reserve-you have a week before I PM you about your profile. Two days after that if I do not hear from you-your spot is open. After you send in your profile, you have a week to post your first post. Again, I will PM you to remind you about it-and if I don't get a reply 2 days later, you will be deleted.
10. I reserve the right to create more rules, to ban people for being stupid, to deny profiles, and to do all of this at my own disgression. New rules will be posted in Red
11. Alright, new rule. I don't want to have people with the same personalities, the same backgrounds, the same ailments...seriously!! Read other peoples profiles!! If I see that your profile is very similar, in more then a few ways to another-it will not be accepted. I know that there is a kinda 'normal' way to do fruits basket characters, but damn, if someone else already has that type of character, do something else please. Variety is the spice of life. K thx.
12. As for outsiders, I will allow a total of 4 non-zodiacs to be the siblings of a non-zodiac. You must speak with each other, and you MUST get it and the biographies approved by myself.
▁▂▃▅▆▇▉[size=18]ℒℇℸs sℸÅ℟ℸ :::: sℏÅℒℒ ωe?[/size]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][size=11][color=postcolorhere] My name is [/color] (Full name)
[color=postcolor1here] You will address me by [/color] (nicknames)
[color=postcolor2here] And I am about [/color] (Age) [color=postcolor2here] years old [/color]
[color=postcolor1here] Last I checked, I was a [/color] (gender)
[color=postcolo2rhere] And watch out, because I am [/color] (sexuality)
[color=postcolor1here] I am currently doing [/color] (school, work ect-be descriptive) [Color=postcolor2here] with my life [/color]
[color=postcolor1here] I suppose I should tell you that in this basket of fruit I play the[/color] (Role) [/size]
▁▂▃▅▆▇▉[size=18]Å ℒℑℸℸℒe вℑℸ:::: ᴅee℘eℜ ℵℴω[/size]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][size=11][color=postcolor2here] This is what I am [/color] (personality traits-5 in list format)
[color=postcolor1here] And this is why [/color] (biography-2 + paragraphs)
[color=postcolor2here] I have decided that I love [/color] 5 likes
[color=postcolor1here] But I hate [/color] (5 dislikes)
[color=postcolor2here] I will shriek if I see [/color] (2 fears)
[color=postcolor1here] I'm watching you [/color] (Crush)
[color=postcolor2here] My favorite colors are [/color] (posting colors
[color=postcolor1here] One more thing about me [/color] (other) [/size]
[size=16][b] Behind my eyes is:[/b] [u](Username)[/u][/size]
There is always some events that roleplayers who are not the OP wish to see happen in a roleplay. If you have an idea for an event-or something fun, please quote me and post it in the OOC thread, or PM me. We will do all of these at somepoint-as long as I approve of course. We will also vote on when to do them as a team. These will go in no particular order, and will be crossed out when they are achieved.
1. We really are just animals:: In this event, for one day in roleplay time-all people who are cursed will be forced into their animal form the entire day-and have their animal instincts take over. How will Kami react when the Cat literally chases the Rat, or when the Tiger tries to eat the dragon.
2. Onsen Trip:: Yay! IGod approved a trip to the onsen!! How will all these totally different people work together in such a small place. What gossip will happen?
3. New Years Banquet::: The Annual banquet has arrived!! Attendance of all Zodiac is required...outsiders beware!
4. Harvest Festival::: A huge public festival to celebrate fall and the good harvest of the year. So far-included in this festival we have all businesses set up booths and demonstrations. Games, rides, and fun galore. There will be--a public Fashion show. The boys Dojo vs. the girls dojo, a faris wheel and some other carnival rides, and fireworks after dark on the second day. Lasts 2 days.
I will stay here for as long as you have need for me...
Before anyone woke::
Sora was the Rat of the Zodiac-or the Mouse really, she insisted on being called mouse because 'it just sounds so much cuter' she would say. Really, Sora, Nezumi-chan, or Mouse-chan she would respond to.
The girl always woke with the morning sun, she was in the room closest to Kami-sama's, after all, as the rat, she was the God's favorite. But Sora didn't always think that that was a good thing. As she woke that particular morning, she stretched-and yawned. First things were first, to make cookies or some other type of pastry for the young ones for their lunches.
She would go down to the kitchen-bypassing all of the maids, and smile as she started to make the cookies, chocolate chip were her favorite. And so she would look at the lunches that the maids left out for all the school-aged Zodiac that lived in the estate, and dropped one in each of the bento boxes. And when she got to the cat's, she put in two. She would close up all of the boxes, grab a box of cocoa krispies, and go back into her room to ready herself for her day. None of the zodiac knew that she was the one to put cookies and treats in their boxes, as she always did it so early in the day.
Walking into her room-she would slowly put on clothes for the day, and put her vibrant purple hair up in a black bow. She was one of the most popular girls at the college after all. And she slipped on her boots-with 2 inch heels of course, and picked up her bag, wondering if anyone else was awake as she-for the second time, walked into the hallway.
She would go back into the kitchen, and see that nobody was yet there-if they didn't wake up soon they would all be late. But what much did it matter now? She sat down on the other side of the table, and poured herself a bowl of her cereal. She took the milk from him and poured some in her cereal. Then proceeded to start eating...all without saying a word. She would have to leave for school soon. Sometimes she wished that she didn't do so much with her time. However, she was in the martial arts club-which met every day, as well as the design and sewing club-which also met every day.
She slowly began to gather up all of her things-diagrams for new dresses and her martial arts belts and other things of the sort and began to stuff them into her bag.
...because I love you...just the way you are.
If you must know where I am:::At the main house And who I am with::: nobody now
Kimiko Sohma They laugh at me-these fella's just because I am small
They laugh at me because I'm not 100feet tall
6 Year old Kimiko Sohma had been up since 6pm. It was now about 7, and the child had already taken a shower all by herself, and gotten dressed for pre-school. She was in the bathroom brushing her hair slowly, thinking about her life. She was the youngest child in the Sohma estate, and her story was much different then other children's from her school. She didn't have very many friends-for a variety of reasons. She was extremely smart. Her teachers had said to her brothers that she should start out next year in the 4rd grade. At 4 she was already reading and able to completely take care of herself, now she was reading chapter books and doing 5th grade math. So the other kindergardners teased her because she was 'odd'.
Between that, and the fact that she had no mother, and no father-she was the center of being teased constantly. But she was used to it now. She had been begging Hika to keep her in the kindergarden class so she wouldn't be even more teased, but she knew that Hikaru wanted what was best for her. So she was preparing for the 4th grade. She was terrified.
After she was done getting ready-with her kitty hoodie, and her cow backpack, she put all of her books in the pack, and walked next door to Hiro's room-it was attached to hers. And they were the furthest away from the Gods room. She pushed open the door, and walked into the room without a second thought. It was still dark, she knew Hiro was probably still sleeping.
"Hiro-nee-kun!" she said, jumping on the bed. "Waaaaaaake up Hiro-Nee-Kun!" she said. "It's time for school! You have to walk me to kindergarden!" she said as she refrained-as she did every morning, from hugging the male who would surely turn into a cat should she hug him.
After 'surprising' her brother, she would get off the bed-turn on the light to be sure he was awake, and skip downstairs for breakfast.
Never kick a dog-because she's just a pup You'd better run for cover when the pupgrowsup.
Some people hate being awoken by blaring alarms. For the small dog of the estate it was the vibration of his alarm. He slammed his hand roughly onto the nightstand holding the device. Tobias slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes. He flinched a bit as his right eye was still bothersome. He rose out of bed slowly and looked at his messy hair in the mirror. 'Can't be lookin' like this' He thought to himself slowly as he combed through his hair with his fingers. Tobias was tired and he felt who ever had people get up this early were barking mad.
Life was difficult to start out with, but this stray dog found his place or at least he felt so. It was nice not to have to wake to the smell of backy every morning. He didn't do much schooling in Britain where he lived so he had a hard time reading and writing to which his peers gave him much ridicule. Oral communication was hard enough as it was, but trying to switch cultures were there weren't hoodlum boys running around stealing things was a new concept. But Tobias didn't mind the other students jests and laughter for he could barely hear them in the first place. He just continued to try and do his best.
So he got dressed in his normal attire or his school uniform which he didn't mind. Shorts and a nice dress shirt with a jacket couldn't be that bad looking. He walked carefully down the stairs as they were wooden and he despised the slippery material when he was in socks. Tobi snorted at it before continuing into the kitchen. He saw Sora sitting at the table with a bowl of cereal and she packing her bag. "Good Morn'," He smiled while signing.
Ⅰ Ⅱ Ⅲ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ Ⅺ Ⅻ
(( Bold = Speech, - Words - = Signed Language, Italicized = thoughts. Backy means Tobacco))