Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

r u watching too?

yes 0.30769230769231 30.8% [ 4 ]
//hiding in tall grass 0.69230769230769 69.2% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 >

Mythical Capitalist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ A SYBILSS RP
                                        ★ ▐ GENRE: SLICE OF LIFE, SCHOOL, POKEMON
                                        ★ ▐ GRAPHICS, CODING, AND STORY BY SYBILSS
                                        ★ ▐ INSPIRED BY REVOLTIONARY GIRL UTENA, POKEMON Y
                                        ★ ▐ IMAGES FROM PIXIV/SAFEBOORU
                                        ★ ▐ OPENING beautiful times | owl city
                                        ★ ▐ ENDING all the way | timeflies

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mythical Capitalist

Ages ago, in a time and place of Pokémon royalty, there was a brave and singular queen who
                              united the regions under one peaceful, golden age. Born of a king mother and wise father, she
                              grew up alone, with only her Pokémon and tutors to keep her company. Her parents traveled
                              often, visiting each region to maintain peace and cooperation, and were rarely home. But, as a
                              princess, the queen did not resent her parents, but rather learned from their experiences and
                              stories. They showered her with gifts each time they returned, and watched her due battle with
                              her trainers, show off her musical talent, and best her fencing instructor each time they were
                              home.

When the queen was only sixteen, her parents were tragically lost at sea, and she inherited not
                              only the throne, but the wealth of problems that plagued the family's relationship with the
                              regions. The kingdom was located at the center of all regions, in a township known as Caldros.
                              Caldros was famous for its literature and political protigees, but these traits carried little weight
                              with regions that prided themselves on excellence in Pokémon training, breeding, and education.
                              The now-queen sought to change that, by making Caldros the center of Pokémon knowledge.
                              She began holding a tournament during the spring of each year, inviting trainers from all regions
                              to battle their way to Caldros. Entrance required at least fifteen badges, as well as passing a
                              series of rigorous battles and written exams. The final ten participants were granted their official
                              entry into the five day tournament.

After only four tournaments, Caldros was already considered a thriving center for Pokémon
                              knowledge and education. The queen established a school there as well, Rose Academy, with
                              the intent of educating and producing the best and brightest students, who would go out into the
                              world and train with Pokémon professors, breeders, and other professionals. Caldros was the
                              place to be if anyone wanted to become more than just a trainer, but it was also a place where
                              many young trainers made their homes, and eventually, it grew into a thriving city. "All roads
                              lead to Caldros," became the saying.

That is where our story takes place -- in the city of Caldros, in the queen's twilight years. Our
                              cast of characters is varied, and the city is bustling with Pokémon, trainers, and students. On
                              the horizon, we see the villains -- a duo of hapless grunts for Team Astro, and the light is
                              shining on our main cast. We are in a Golden Age of Pokémon!

Mythical Capitalist

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ GAIA TOS

As always, it's important to follow the GAIA TOS and all rules of the RP. Be kind and be
                              courteous. This is meant to be casual and fun, and there's no need for rudeness and all that
                              jazz.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ LITERACY

This is lazy-lit, and, as I said, pretty casual. So I'm not expecting novels of text or pages of
                              description. Just good, solid responses that keep the dialogue and narrative going, as well as
                              remain consistent with events that are happening in the RP. The idea of keeping it casual is to
                              keep the ball rolling! So if we are all relaxed, then we shouldn't have a problem keeping things
                              fun.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ACTIVITY

I ask that you post at least one to two times per week, depending on an event. That will be the
                              most I ever ask you to post, scout's honor.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ CHARACTERS

I'm going to have a main cast of characters, and I'll let you pick the type you want to specialize
                              in if you're going to be students, but I would like to see variety -- I know I would always use
                              fairy types, lol, so please make sure you keep an eye on the other reserves and don't do too
                              much repeating. Gender, sexuality, name, race, etc -- that's all entirely up to you. Genderqueer,
                              agender, demisexual, anything you want, I'm okay with. I'm all about relationships here, but I'm
                              not interested in creating something all about romance or all about cisgender hetero folks.
                              Because I'm not about that. Please use anime pictures. I'm okay if they're from a series,
                              just not too recognizable. Any kind of name is okay with me. Please see the reserve for
                              age info.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ APPLICATIONS

So there will be a reserve thread where you fill out the app and reserve a character. It'll quote
                              me so I know you filled it out. There isn't any competition here, and reserves are first come first
                              serve, so be sure to see if anyone else has applied for a character you thought about reserving
                              before you fill out the code. After I give your reserve the stamp of approval, head to the
                              application thread and fill that out. They will be due one week after reserving your character, and
                              must be put into their own thread so that we can keep up relationships and reactions to events
                              (you'll see when you fill out the application).

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ POKEMON

Everyone should have six Pokémon, as in the game. Because each student will have a type
                              specialty, exactly half of their team should be the type they're specializing in. The other three
                              may be any type you would like, in order to give each student a benefit whenever they are
                              challenged to a battle by another student. Additionally, because in reality, only gym leaders and
                              your average trainer seem to specialize -- it's good practice to learn about all types and see how
                              they function on your team! I will allow up to four shinies for the entire RP, due to their intense
                              rarity in the game.

Additionally, you will include sprites of your Pokémon in your profile -- the link to those can be
                              found in the info post later on down the thread.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ BATTLES

Battles will occur in the game! You may initiate them independently, I only ask that you let me
                              know first so that I can plug your team into my simulator, so that the result is random. If you're
                              doing a battle and are intending on a specific outcome for personal plot reasons, let me know
                              that as well, so I can watch! Ha ha. Personal plot battles must be thought out and done within
                              your basic battle rules, etc. Remember what kind of types are weak or strong against others --
                              you wouldn't have your fire Pokémon typically beat by a grass Pokémon in usual battles.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ EVENTS

As this is a slice-of-life RP, we'll be doing events and such to keep things going. I will let you
                              know when these events occur, and if anyone is playing a very specific role. I will cycle through
                              the main cast in some events -- or everyone will be center stage! All event news will be added
                              to the main page.

Mythical Capitalist

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ GRASS!

██▐ ☆ ★ L A N A XA M E M I Y A

xxxxxxAGE ! TWENTY

xxxxxxFEMALE ! FEMALE

xxxxxxMAJOR ! BREEDING

TAKEN xxxx sybilss ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ DRAGON!

██▐ ☆ ★ M O M O K O XR Y U J I N

xxxxxxEIGHTEEN !

xxxxxxFEMALE !

xxxxxxRANGER !

TAKEN xxxx Hywel Pendragon ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ NORMAL!

██▐ ☆ ★ W A K E XS H E P P A R D

xxxxxxTWENTY FIVE !

xxxxxxGENDER !

xxxxxxNURSING !

TAKEN xxxx captive ate her ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ GHOST!

██▐ ☆ ★ A N T H Y XO V E R W A T E R

xxxxxxTWENTY TWO !

xxxxxxGENDER !

xxxxxxRESEARCH !

TAKEN xxxx captive ate her ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ DRAGON!

██▐ ☆ ★ M U R A S A K I XR Y U J I N

xxxxxxTWENTY FIVE !

xxxxxxMALE !

xxxxxxBREEDING !

TAKEN xxxx Hywel Pendragon ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ FIRE!

██▐ ☆ ★ I S A M U XY A M A U C H I

xxxxxxTWENTY ONE !

xxxxxxMALE !

xxxxxxRANGER !

TAKEN xxxx Infernura ★

Mythical Capitalist

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ WATER!

██▐ ☆ ★ E M I XF U K U I

xxxxxxTWENTY THREE !

xxxxxxFEMALE !

xxxxxxBREEDING !

RESERVED xxxx Infernura ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ DARK!

██▐ ☆ ★ N A T H A N I E L XG R E E N W A Y

xxxxxxTWENTY ONE !

xxxxxxGENDER !

xxxxxxRESEARCH !

RESERVED xxxx belief is not automatic ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ PSYCHIC!

██▐ ☆ ★ A S H L E Y XG R E E N W A Y

xxxxxxTWENTY ONE !

xxxxxxFEMALE !

xxxxxxNURSING !

RESERVED xxxx belief is not automatic ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ FIRE & ICE!

██▐ ☆ ★ J U N I C H I XM I S A K I

xxxxxxNINETEEN !

xxxxxxGENDER !

xxxxxxART !

TAKE xxxx taenie ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ TYPE SPECIALTY!

██▐ ☆ ★ A K E M I XS A I Y A

xxxxxxTWENTY !

xxxxxxGENDER !

xxxxxxR A N G E R !

TAKEN xxxx Kiwi Kissel ★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ FIGHTING!

██▐ ☆ ★ M A L O R I E XS A I N T E

xxxxxxTWENTY TWO !

xxxxxxGENDER !

xxxxxxRANGER !

TAKEN xxxx 1PMF ★

Mythical Capitalist

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ GROUND/ROCK!

██▐ ☆ ★ S T O N E XH I K A W A

xxxxxx58 !

xxxxxxMALE !

xxxxxxHEADMASTER !

Formerly a professor in the Training Department, "Stone" Hikawa has
                                          never been known by any other name. He was made the headmaster of
                                          Rose Academy seven years ago, and in his younger days, he won the
                                          Caldros Tournament three years in a row. He's been known to say, several
                                          times, that, "There's no success like winning, but there's no better training
                                          that a good loss."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ NORMAL!

██▐ ☆ ★ P R O F E S S O R XA S P E N

xxxxxx26 !

xxxxxxFEMALE !

xxxxxxPOKEMON PROFESSOR !

Known for publishing a paper in Pokemon Researchers Monthly at
                                        only 19, Professor Aspen became one of the leading researchers in
                                        Unova before being offered the position of Pokemon Professor in
                                        Caldros. Her paper focused on Pokemon and different berry effects at
                                        different friendship levels, and considering Caldros has an incredibly
                                        high number of berry trees, it was the perfect place for her! It's also,
                                        of course, great because of Rose Academy, where she offers her
                                        insight in different levels of all the course work. She helps beginning
                                        trainers get off to a great start by always keeping a good supply of
                                        starter pokemon in her lab.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ EEVEELUTIONS!

██▐ ☆ ★ Q U E E N XC A T H E R I N E

xxxxxx99 !

xxxxxxFEMALE !

xxxxxxHER MAJESTY !

As the queen of the Caldros region, she has done all she can to serve
                                      her people and turn their city into a thriving center for Pokemon knowledge.
                                      Though she was thrown into the regency as barely an adult, she has
                                      proven many a doubter wrong with her thoughtful policies and forward
                                      thinking resolve. The regions together have never seen a wiser Queen,
                                      and there has never been one so passionate about Pokemon and people
                                      living and learning together.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ FAIRY!

██▐ ☆ ★ P R I N C E S S XA D E L A I N E

xxxxxx28 !

xxxxxxFEMALE !

xxxxxxHER HIGHNESS !

The only daughter and child of the queen, the princess of Caldros has
                                    always known she would eventually inherit a great success from her mother.
                                    It was never something she fought as a child, but instead embraced, as
                                    she underwent the same training and tutoring that her mother did, this time
                                    with a more present parent. Though the queen did travel often, she would
                                    frequently bring her daughter on trips with her -- never travelling by sea --
                                    so that she would gain a sense of appreciation for the different regions and
                                    all the people and Pokemon they sustained. The princess herself is currently
                                    an instructor at Rose Academy, specializing in Pokemon breeding, something
                                    she was very passionate about as a student herself.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ELECTRIC/STEEL!

██▐ ☆ ★ M A I X&x S H O U

xxxxxx25/27 !

xxxxxxFEMALE/MALE !

xxxxxxTEAM ASTRO !

Though Team Astro is considered throughout all regions to be only a minor
                                  threat to the general public, they have caused some problems -- namely city-wide
                                  power outages, a few stolen Pokemon here and there, but nothing gargantuan.
                                  This pair of Astro grunts, known as Mai and Shou, have been pestering Caldros
                                  for a year now. No one knows that they are Astro grunts -- that they are good at
                                  keeping a secret. They've set up a local flower and tea shop in town, and sometimes
                                  they get a little distracted by it and forget to be the bad guys. Every so often they
                                  come up with a weird, slightly dangerous plan, but it usually ends up in someone
                                  going home in a sling -- usually Shou.

Mythical Capitalist

Rose Academy was established by the Queen several years ago, when she began her mission to
                              make Caldros the center of Pokemon knowledge and education. The Academy (more details are
                              listed down the thread) provides its students with the opportunity to specialize in a variety of fields,
                              the course work of each intended to make them the best possible trainers, breeders, and rangers,
                              among others, that they can be. The current headmaster is Stone Hikawa, and notable professors
                              include the Princess of Caldros, and Professor Aspen.

Rose Academy provides its students with a single bedroom apartment and a small living stipend.
                              The apartments are cleaned every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. No Pokemon battles may
                              take place in the apartments, but must be scheduled for either the gym or the academy grounds.

Pokegrind is the social hub of Rose Academy. It's constantly packed with students and faculty,
                              and you can always find Pokemon enjoying a nice snack or fresh drink of water at the table with
                              their trainers, due to the cafe's open Pokeball policy -- all Pokemon welcome, all the time, within
                              reason. We won't talk about the Onyx Incident. The Pokegrind is staffed by two
                              waitresses/waiters and two baristas.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rose Bistro tends to be a bit quieter than Pokegrind, but at lunch you will find a pretty similar
                              situation. Dinner is a more reserved affair, but only because many students prefer the cheapness
                              of the food trucks that are parked in the city center around the fountain. Rose Bistro also allows
                              Pokemon to be out and about, but prefers that trainers choose only their best behaved partner
                              to have as a dinner guest. Rose Bistro is staffed by three waiters/waitresses, one host/hostess,
                              and one chef (students may not apply to be the chef).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Petal to the Metal is a flower shop in Caldros secretly run by Mai and Shou, the grunts from
                              Team Astro. And while these two are definitely trouble, their shop is strangely and impeccably
                              run, due to an intense pride of ownership and commitment to customer service, weirdly enough.
                              Petal to the Metal recently provided the arrangements for the last tournament, and the settings
                              and colors were the talk of the town.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In addition to all these great places, the Pokemon center, Pokelab, and Training Gym are open
                              every day, with extended hours for the center. Battles can be scheduled at the Gym, and the lab
                              is always open to anyone who wants to speak with Professor Aspen when she isn't lost on
                              campus or out in the fields doing research.

Mythical Capitalist

CLICK AN IMAGE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO ABOUT ROSE ACADEMY -- OR CLICK HERE FOR THE ENTIRE THREAD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mythical Capitalist

Which region is Caldros in?

Caldros is much like Washington D.C. in the US or the Vatican -- it is considered its own region
                              and has its own resident Pokemon professor, PokeCenter, and Police Station, but no official gym.
                              Rather, Caldros has a training gym where some former gym leaders train students, trainers, and
                              anyone in Caldros who wants to strengthen their Pokemon in battle.

What can students study at Rose Academy?

Students may study to become one of the following Pokemon specialties, which are covered in
                              more detail in the Rose Academy section in the thread.

Who is Team Astro?

Team Astro is a bit of a hapless villain duo may remind you of Team Rocket, but with less of a
                              flare for the dramatic. They're undercover in Caldros attempting to discover any training, breeding,
                              or research secrets that may come up in Caldros and sell them to the highest bidder. They have
                              their own type specialties.

Can students have jobs?

Yes! Students may have jobs, which can be found right in town. The only place they may not
                              work is the Petal to the Metal flower shop, which is owned and operated by the hapless and
                              undercover Team Astro. Though that could change later...

Where can I find...

If you're looking for sprites, they can be found here. You are welcome to use animated sprites
                              or static ones, that's all up to you. I just ask that they be visible enough for people to really see
                              which Pokemon they are in your application/profile! I will also be putting them together to create
                              a little set of your team on the main page.

If you're looking for character images, I would recommend Safebooru -- you get SFW images and
                              the tagging system is easier, in my opinion, than Zerochan. I feel like you have to do a bit more
                              digging, but it's a great site to narrow down exactly what you're looking for, and it has a wide
                              variety of original anime images!

Mythical Capitalist

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ EVENT!

██▐ ☆ ★ WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

No, seriously. Who does this Pokemon belong to? And which one even is it? There's a lot
                                          of rumor's flying around -- a few first years say they saw a baby Riolu outside the art building,
                                          and a ranger class heading back inside thinks they saw a Pansage running into the women's
                                          bathroom in the dorm! But it's been confirmed that it's actually a loose Pichu, and it may or
                                          may not be totally wild. The resident assistant has paired up some of the students she found
                                          at the dorm, and they're got to grab that Pichu.

RULES You can't capture the Pichu. If you do catch it, it must be returned to the resident assistant on call at this time.
                                          PAIRINGS You're all being paired up! This means you'll mainly be interacting with that character while you search for this crazy Pichu.
                                          GOALS Obviously to find the Pichu, but also to start getting to know your fellow students!

WHO'S WITH WHO
                                          Akemi + Malorie
                                          Anthy + Junichi
                                          Emi + Ashley
                                          Lana + Wake
                                          Murasaki + Nathaniel
                                          Isamu + Momoko

Mythical Capitalist

Mythical Capitalist

Mythical Capitalist

Mythical Capitalist

Mythical Capitalist