Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Through the darkness, the eyes that were upon him moved, drawing closer, as hulking form wound it's way through the trees. It kept itself as silent as he could, intending an ambush. Hours would pass, as the night grew deeper. The Red Shadow's head slowly lowered as the time would pass. For all means and purposes to the beast, the figure appeared unaware. The darkness having settled in completely, all except for the small fire, the beast would emerge, taking a single leap from the surrounding forest. It's great form revealed, five times as large as a normal human, with a body resembling that of an ape and a wolf fused into one, limbs with the thickness of small tree trunks, fangs glimmering from the flames. As the beast game thundering down upon the spot where the figure was, however, the figure had disappeared from where he had been, having become a blur of red, barely escaping the grasp of the beast. The creature quickly turned, searching for their target, sniffing the air. It turned back to the trees, only for the shadow to fall from above, landing upon the creature's back, and cutting deep into the creature with...something, unseen in the darkness, leaving a deep gash in it's near stone-strong flesh. The creature roared in pain, shifting and swiping up at the figure who rolled off, managing to avoid the blow, and would quickly deliver another slash to it's hind leg. Blood would seep out from out from the wounds onto the ground. The figure would turn quickly and rush into the forest, following around the path, as the creatured turned, giving chase, hardly hindered by it's wounds so far, a small trail of blood left behind by it's movements.
Laharal Armentum, the Red Shadow
Quote:

Dapper Lunatic

12,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Feris looked to Corera when he was faced with the sudden string of questions not knowing if he should answer but seeing the woman he was travelling with look at him with a serious expression letting Feris know what he should do. "Not to be rude miss but we really don't know you so I think our names will be fine for now. Now if you will excuse me I am gonna go to sleep over there since I am afraid of the fire burning me when I am asleep" he said with a kind smile as he grabbed his sword and walked away not being to far when he felt the feeling come back to his body letting him know he was out of the range of effect of the woman's negation power. seeing a good sized rock Feris sat against it not wanting to lay down flat as he slowly drifted to sleep.

User Image

Super Waffles

User Image
User Image

User Image

Corera Driolkenousa

Of course, it did matter. With those kinds of questions coming up, it would be a mistake to give in and say too much: that sort of conversation string really didn't need an answer, even if Kotori did. Her needing answers, that really wasn't going to be fulfilled. At the time the other woman started talking; near the end of that Corera looked toward Feris with as much authority as she could: which ended with a generally serious look. That was held for the most of a good number of seconds - the Amazonian looking away after Feris started on the declination part of his response to the newcomer. Her look back toward him didn't really happen until Feris went on to state that he would be going off to bed. While she was technically supposed to keep watch for the night, there were other matters she had to take care of - the first thing being a trip to the bathroom. This really called for little to no privacy; that was, in her view of things. But there was little way in saying how Korori would react with attention being drawn away from her. Even if Corera didn't really value being overly discrete about things, there was still the matter of differing opinions. "I need to take care of my own business. While I do not care what you think about that or not, carrying some common decency would be important here even with the fact you are another woman. If I hear or suspect anything suspicious, I will being coming right back to deal with that issue." There was also the fact of things being strange after she came back, this was spoken about after Corera remembered that point. "If I come back and see you have moved, or if anything is out of place - there will be a problem." Stopping for a minute or half of one, Corera took in the scenery around the fire before heading off a few feet away from the camping area: after that point she did what she needed to, before heading back to the circle. Nothing really seemed different, but that could be a wrong assumption. Still, the swordswoman took the seat that she had claimed earlier.

⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮

User Image

Short-View: Feris gets the no-go from Corera about explaining things, then she goes off to do things after he nods off.

Thinking: "I might regret this."

Mood: Alert.

˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟

Inventory
                  List: Some armor, a sword, and other items.

Abadon47

Alisseia

OOC:

Headstrong Sex Symbol

14,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
Teuicui
Abadon47

User Image

ҝotori

αʅʅℯท Ҟทᴥℊℏեƨ
ℰℓƒ

Kotori let out a low sigh. 'You and me both' She couldn't help thinking that to herself upon hearing Feris's response; a soft smile of amusement crept onto her face at her own thoughts. Her smile quickly faded upon hearing Corera speak. She frowned at the woman's threats. Even though there was every reason for someone traveling on these roads to be suspicious of people travelling at night, especially when they're dressed like she is, she was still a little hurt by the assumption. She looked up at the sky again as Corera walked off. Her interest in the sky quickly faded, however, and she found herself eyeing the two traveler's things a moment or so after she no longer heard the woman's footsteps.

Kotori quietly made her way over to the sword Corera had left on a rock. She inspected it, curious to see what kind of sword it was and how much it'd been used. She didn't touch it at all, though. Rather, she moved herself to get a view at different angles of it. She went back to where she was before as she heard the sound of Corera's footsteps again, not wanting her actions to be misunderstood. She sat down in the spot she's claimed, and opened up a bag she carries with her. She sifted through it, careful not to have any contents spill out; especially anything that would give them more reasons to be suspicious of her. At this point Corera had made her way back. She took out some elven bread, and started eating it.

Kotori closed her bag, and started eating her bread. At first, she took some small bites of it, taking her time eating it, but after a few seconds she took larger bites, eating it quite fast. She always forgets to eat at normal intervals, so she ends up really hungry by the time she eats. After she finished she stared at Corera. She wasn't sure if she should say something or not. Even if she wanted to say something and knew what to say, she was too shy to actually say it, especially to her.

Corera had been very intimidating thus far, which made Kotori more nervous than she usually is. It also has lead her to the assumption that she's in a guild. 'I wonder what guild she's in.. Probably not Philospher's Credence, she doesn't seem the type... Maybe Dark Forest, she certainly has the attitude for it. Of course Golden Shield is certainly a possibility too.' She thought to herself. She continued thinking along those thoughts as she stared at Corera.

``ℒσȼąեɨøդ On the road ""ØԾ₡ Haha, I've made such a large post out of basically nothing... ''₩дեȼℏɨתℊ Corera, Feris

ℋℯαℓեℏ
██████████████████ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ƨȶαмɩทα

Dapper Lunatic

12,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Feris opened his eyes slowly the sudden brightest of where he was his eyes quickly adjusting as he saw that he was no longer in the same place being in what looked like the middle of the forest. Feris looking around seeing the ground blanketed by leafs that range in color from orange, yellow, and green which also applied for the leafs still in the trees. Feris looked around seeing what seemed like endless rows of trees and nothing else which explained the silence. Looking around Feris noticed he no longer had his sword which normally would worry him but something about this place seemed to relax him so instead of worrying Feris began to walk the leafs crunching underfoot with each step. he walked aimlessly for what seemed like an hour or so not seeing anything other then more trees and was becoming more worried about the situation he had found himself in. Standing still for a moment as he thought about what he should do next the sound of crunching leaves was heard all around him. Looking around he soon found himself surrounded by ape like monsters with gray skinned bodies all of which seemed to be glaring at Feris.

"They are trolls and are very territorial" a familiar voice said coming from above Feris looking up to see the pink haired woman who was sitting in a tree smiling holding his sword for a moment before she threw it with incredible speed the blade stabbing into the ground in between his feet Feris looking down at it then back up to her "You might wanna pick it up because they don't seem to be in a playful mood" she said playfully and as though they understood the trolls began rushing Feris who took the sword from the ground and began fighting with the trolls. This went on for some time Feris not fairing well in the beginning but over time improving more and more until finally all the trolls were dead and Feris was there having fallen to one knee from fatigue. "Very good, seems you remembered how to use that thing which will be good if ya want to survive" she said with a chuckle as she jumped from the tree landing in front of him her feet making flowers grow upon contact. Feris looked up at the woman standing in front of him his body beaten and wounded and his energy almost completely drained from the fight having to use the sword like a cane to keep him from completely falling down. "Why?" was all Feris could muster before going back to his heavy breaths. The woman chuckled at this as Feris felt the last of his energy fade from him and e ell to the grown loosing consciousness the last thing he saw was the woman walking away.

Feris opened his eyes to see that it was still night but as for how long he had been asleep he didn't know standing up with the sword felt in his hand. He noticed immediately how much more natural it felt in his hand Feris swinging it a couple of times surprising himself at how much it felt like the dream. Looking at the sword he became slightly confused 'This is all starting to get too much to get a hold of. Between the woman with pink hair, remembering to use a sword, and these dreams that seem to know more about me then I do I am starting to think I might be going insane.' he thought looking over to the fire where Corera and Kotori were Feris wondering if he should talk to Corera about this but knew he should talk to her once they were in private. Walking over Feris looked to Kotori before looking to Corera "I need to talk to you about something in private for a moment" he said calm looking worn out even though he slept

User Image

Super Waffles

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
Nanirye

ℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵǂǂ-ǂǂℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵℵ

Short View: More conversation goes on; Nani got a free meal.

Thinking/Mood: Uncertain.

User Image

Would it really be logical to get a bit peeved over making a mistake...? That question wasn't entirely relevant, however: Nani mentally put herself down a notch temporarily after that 'stupid' question, but this time only in passing. It wasn't really something that mattered, anyway: self-view was mostly stable within Nani's mind, at least for a good amount of circumstances. However, still - that line of thought was still there, and also a negative way of thinking that occasionally happened. ... Asking something like that was actually sort of stupid, while that could be attributed to lack of knowledge concerning injuries [again]. Along with that, the fact that it was hard to tell if it was broken, sprained, or just very bruised wasn't something to be self-degrading about. ... The sling itself was pretty much ambiguous, but at this point the Poltergeist was on another line. The others' side of the conversation continued for a short while, before Nani verbally spoke up again. Her head shake - a 'No' at the sitting question - was followed up by actual words. "I hadn't seen a monster like that before. ... Or many yet." While direct and to the point, it was also ambiguous; for half-way obvious reasons. Since it had been her first job, she hadn't really seen many monsters before, but... seeing any at all could be common or uncommon in the chance that only guild members normally saw beings like the well and town entities. That possibility: wasn't known by Nani through her lack of facts about guild-based jobs, and people who fought monsters in general. More description on her thoughts came up, though. "It was strange. I didn't know what to do toward the end, and... didn't expect something like that smog thing appearing. ... Besides that: it was kind of exciting." Everything she said was true to an extent, but things were left out - mainly her uncertainty as what to do at the end of the well-fight. There hadn't really been any real fear, especially in the next conflict against the bigger threat - but the vagueness of the beings' appearance in the listing description had left her part of the way unprepared. Still, while that could be viewed as a beneficial aspect from the difficulty both fights had posed, they had turned out fine for the most part. Besides cuts, bruises and sprains – neither Nani nor Sazuki had died. … Still, a less vague request for a next job would be preferred, to get a sense of more ‘normal’ missions.

When the owner came over and started up a banter, Nani didn't really say much on the manner, which went against the way she would have normally reacted. "Sure...? ... Thanks too." The first string was a shortened sentence - the 'You' part being left out; but it was also partially an accepting response despite it being in question form. That tone, though - was from general disbelief. It was actually... something nice, and from a total stranger. She really had to decided at this point, about this particular situation. Eat it, or leave it to sit there on the table. There 'was' a chance it had been messed with, if only an assumption taken from the owner's overall enthusiasm, Still... she was hungry. "Well, ... he seems like that. ... It's different." There wasn't any sarcasm in that statement; the wording also removed more possible negativity. While she wasn't really thinking on that sort of note, Nani didn't really have many friends, either - and that was pretty much her own fault. That could be changed, however - as she lowered her pessimism related to other people; but that wasn't the case at this time, at least: she was still withdrawn and skeptical. ... In a short duration following those statements Nani started eating the pottage - but more toward testing it briefly before actually going at the stew. A few spoonfuls were downed before she put down the utensil: there wasn't anything wrong with it; expectation toward such - nothing - had gone up another level. It hadn't been overly much toward a negative view in the beginning, but expectations toward being tricked were further lowered now. But... There was bread. BREAD ON THE TABLE. ... Nani went straight for that after trying the pottage. ... Making sure things were fine > favoritism.

Inventory:
            List: Some money, a small knife, bandages, and the clothes she’s wearing.

Silver.Dragonrider93

OOC:

User Image

}- Health
                    }- Energy
                    }- Magic

User Image

Super Waffles

User Image
User Image

User Image

Corera Driolkenousa

What was done was done - that category included the fact she was done doing her business and the fact that Corera had been really aggressive up until now; but didn't really have much against her decisions to make threats, while minor ones. The Amazonian wasn't really going to take those back - while they may or may not be forgotten over time; they didn't really matter in the general sense. If it came to it, though, a half-assed apology would be made; being half-assed since it would likely not be too sincere. She was part of the Golden Shield guild; and acting nicer was a more normal thing - but this wasn't really a normal situation. That guy - Feris - still was sort of an unknown in the fact that she didn't know his deal, and he didn't really either. Since Kotori had joined their group randomly, it was still true that bad things could happen due to her, or some other factor. Regardless, when the Amazonian came back into the range of the fire-light: everything seemed the same as it had, earlier. Looking over to where Feris had gone: still there. Kotori, and Corera's own sword, were still in the same places as they had been before - so she just glanced at the other woman without any negativity, before sitting down on her bench. "The first watch for the night is my turn." This was aimed at Kotori; which was evident as the Amazonian had looked toward her while saying such. Her stance on the matter did not take up much time, however: Feris got up, which drew her attention - and after he approached, something was apparently up. "That seems fine." He... looked really worn out, despite having been out of it for a short time. Since this was true, there was more of a reason for his reasoning to be valid. As a result, the swordwoman went over to the side of the illumination, after taking a few steps forward and then back, to pick up her sword. While it hadn't been taken yet by anyone, there was still the possibility that she would need it for the night-watch overall. Letting something surprise-attack them, including the newcomer, would not be allowable. Even if Kotori was an issue, which was still a semi-valid chance in Corera's mind, there was also the slightly greater chance that she wasn't trying to trick them. After all, nothing had happened yet.

⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮˟⌮⌮

User Image

Short-View: Corera does her business, then comes back to the campfire. After that, Feris needed to talk about something, so she stepped away to hear what he had to say.

Thinking: "Alright then."

Mood: Alert.

˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟˟

Inventory
                  List: Some armor, a sword, and other items.

Abadon47

Alisseia

OOC:

Malevolent Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • The Wolf Within 100
        User ImageXXXXXXXXXXX
        User Image

Sazuki was glad that Nani seemed pleased and she decided it would be a good idea to head out and let her have some time on her own. "Well I'm glad I ran into you and happy you like the gifts. But I believe I will take my leave and allow you to enjoy your meal. See you around!" Sazuki got up and grabbed her bag before waving to the owner and leaving. Once outside she stopped for a moment and stood in the sunshine soaking up the warmth. After a few moments she turned and headed down the street she wanted to find the local weapons dealer to acquire oil for her sword and even possibly look at something new. She hadn't been to the shop in awhile since she normally bought enough oil to last her for several weeks or more at a time. It was only a few minutes walk from the small restaurant she had just left. But on her way she had over heard a few off duty guards talking about a noble who had been killed and that they still weren't sure of who the murderer was. Sazuki felt slightly uneasy, she didn't hear any names and it made her nervous. She figured it probably wasn't anyone she knew considering her upbringing within a noble family, granted they were considered the lower end of nobles but still a noble nonetheless. She decided to push it to the back of her mind for the time being since there was nothing she could do about it. She went into the shaded store and smiled at the young man working behind the counter, he was one of the few people who worked there on a regular basis. "Afternoon, I need some more oil and was curious if you got anything new in." The man nodded and placed the usual two bottles of oil on the counter before showing her to the wall where all of the newer products were displayed. Sazuki thanked him and then began looking over the various weapons on the wall. Things from simple wooden swords and shields to high quality scythes, katanas, two-handed swords, and even a few spears. Sazuki saw two smaller knives that caught her eye, one would be good for skinning and cutting up anything she might hunt on the road while out on a job. The other would be of good use if she ever got into close quarters and couldn't draw her own sword and for any reason couldn't summon one. She placed the knives on the counter and purchased the items, then struggled a bit as she got the bags to sit right on her one arm. Once she had her things situated she headed back to her house, it wasn't a large one or even one she owned. She rented it for a decent price and it allowed her the privacy she wanted in a home, having it located as close to the guild as it was had been a bonus for her. She made it home and dropped all her bags on the floor next to the door before walking over and sitting down at the small table in her living room. Now as she sat there she began thinking about what she had over heard in town.

Teuicui

User ImageX X X XUser ImageX X X XUser Image

Super Waffles

User Image

User Image
Nanirye

Short View: After leaving the food place, Nani goes back to her room, then leaves again to do other things.

Thinking/Mood: Thoughtful.

User Image

A number of things could be attempted at, at this point; the first Nani chose was to finish her meal. For the second time within the hour - while it had been less time since she had started eating - the bread she had been given was set down. While more than half-eaten, Nani didn't really feel like finishing it, since being already sort of full invalidated that prospect. Any more, and it would be overkill in a sense - while it probably wouldn't kill her, or other aspects related to such. Anyway, the real issue - while she couldn't pay for her food, it being free - was her general appearance. Again, she was 'showing off' her midriff: that had to be fixed soon, while not at the moment. While it was the most important factor right now, Sazuki was leaving, and waving her off in some way was necessary. “Alright bye. ... ... Thanks again.” It was about the best expression of gratitude she could do; at least right now – the other person leaving had left a partial gap concerning replying; besides her slight abruptness about leaving. This tied into Nani’s personality and left her to say that sort of afterthought. It wasn't a long thing, however - Nani soon got back to the pottage; within a few seconds ... which also lasted a few seconds. Still, there was the reasoning that she wasn't really hungry anymore - which called for her decision to just stop eating. While: her friend's leaving had been sort of abrupt - if only in the case that Nani was left in an awkward setting - that confused tone was pushed aside to make way for reasoning. It wouldn't make sense for her to respond with just a 'what' sort of demeanor, even if she didn't really have an idea about exactly what to do - which was a half-way accurate concept. The spirit knew she had to do junk, but that wasn't exactly a set plan .Standing up; Nani left the food there and glanced over to the owner of the place. "Bye. I guess. ... Thanks for the food?" This statement/question was met with a verbal wave-off in turn; following that, she walked off with her stuff - including the clothes she had gotten. Going back to her place - while rented - would be necessary to get changed.

The walk there took a short time, again: the building she had been in still wasn't very close to the residential areas. Once at the place from earlier, she went inside, then to the room she had rented. ... Changing clothes went through a time period of several minutes; while it was just a basic switch, changing inventory was also a needed thing. … That: included two spoonfuls of whatever the medicine was and... her resulting disgust about whatever the anti-inflammatory was. ... Following that; soon enough - after discarding her ruined shirt - Nani went down the route she had gone through to get there, while in reverse order. Outside, people were walking about as usual, which wasn’t an entirely noted thing since it was normal. For the most part; however: that was true, but as she passed by a couple, the general setting wasn’t 'normal'. That was hyphened because it had happened several times before. ... She didn’t change her demeanor that much, while for a second Nani glanced over to the pair. ... It was best not to pay attention: otherwise suspicion would be drawn toward her, even while it would be a right call. In any case, the poltergeist did her best not to look attentive, which was a passable attempt. ... It wouldn’t really make sense to get another job quite yet – as while her wounds weren’t overly bad; and actually mending themselves; they were still risky enough besides being in relatively considerable numbers. While just three or more general areas were there in terms of results of fighting, it couldn’t really be gambled. Still, Nani made her choice: just looking over the missions available wouldn’t be a wrong idea. So, she started to make her way over to the Guild’s job listings. ... Getting there took some more minutes, but it hadn’t been a negative prospect: some of the requests seemed more easy due to lack of missing details. However, they might be taken up by other people before she could actually go back to work – but there was still the possibility that similar ones would replace them. ... All she could do right now was to inspect her weapons, and since she only had one right now, that would be a brief check. Going over to one of the seats in the lobby, a sit down was followed by her dagger being drawn, then looked over for possible damage or wear. It was a slightly new knife, so there likely wasn’t, and actually wasn’t, too many wear-down in the sharpened area. Once that was confirmed, Nani looked up afterward; starting to absent-mindedly take note of what was happening around the building’s front area. At least a couple other people were just sitting around, as well – but others weren’t. Being a bit near the posting board, at least one person went passed her while she sat around for the short time she would.

Inventory:
            List: Some money, a small knife, bandages, and the clothes she’s wearing.

Silver.Dragonrider93

Alex Trevel
            jylws4wd:32="Alex Trevell”]

OOC:

User Image

}- Health
                    }- Energy
                    }- Magic

User Image

Headstrong Sex Symbol

14,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
Teuicui
Abadon47

User Image

ҝotori

αʅʅℯท Ҟทᴥℊℏեƨ
ℰℓƒ

Kotori didn't say a word in response to Corera; she merely looked away. When she heard Feris, she looked at them again. She let out a low sigh. 'What kind of secret could they have...' She thought to herself. If there was one thing she knew for sure, it was that everyone had a secret; she found it entertaining to speculate what it could be. After all, she had to find some way to make encounters with strangers more fun with how nervous she gets.

'I wonder if he's in a guild...' She pondered, giving up on speculating Corera's secret. She then remembered the one thing she overheard before they noticed her. 'He asked that woman to tell him things he should know about the world... He also seemed uncertain when he stated his name... Perhaps he lost his memory recently...' She stared at Feris, somewhat excited about the idea.

Kotori decided to try to hear what the two were talking about. She brushed her hair behind her ear to make it easier; she would have taken her hood down too, but she felt that would make it too obvious. She continued to stare at Feris as she listened, ignoring the sounds of the fire.

``ℒσȼąեɨøդ On the road ""ØԾ₡ I probably won't be able to post again until Monday; busy with theater. I figured I'd post now since I found the time and this way at least until their conversation's over there's no need to wait on me. ''₩дեȼℏɨתℊ Corera, Feris

ℋℯαℓեℏ
██████████████████ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ƨȶαмɩทα

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out