Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

tab tab Welcome to Black Moon: A Harry Potter Roleplay.
tab tab Created by: The Darklight Project
tab tab Excessive Help by: Ambrosia Grimm

tab tab This is the Roleplaying Thread. For out of character chats, click the picture link below.
User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The best kind of stories are the ones that really happened. Not the kind of things you find in history books, because they make it too impersonal. Nor do they come from biographies, which are too personal and too biased. No, the best kind of stories come from a collection of people, unconsciously told to others just by their actions. It would be best to witness the events firsthand, but for most this would be impossible and much too dangerous. No, the best that can be done is a retelling, which I have taken upon myself to do. After all, the truth must exist somewhere, even among all the lies told.

The story I have to tell is complicated by nature. The web of individuals involved create a collective that many never have the chance to ever hear of. It's a story of friends becoming enemies, and enemies becoming friends. It's a story of mistakes made and solutions found. A story of blazes of glory and the eventual and eternally smoldering demise. But, most importantly, this is the story of how I died.

Like any good story that involves the demise of someone who could have lived forever, it began long, long ago. What many thought was an entire arc from beginning to end was really just the chaotic climax of another tale entirely. There's no reason for me to begin by telling the prologue, beginning, and middle; they practically tell themselves within the climax. Simply bear with not having all the pieces to the puzzle; after all, most of the players never even knew of the existence of the missing pieces.

Maybe in retelling I'll be able to answer my own question: if it was all worth it or not.

-Karin Renata

tab tab The year is 2117. One hundred and nineteen years since the Dark Lord Voldermort, AKA Tom Marvollo Riddle, was defeated and perished. With the Second Wizarding War over, the time to rebuild and recover began. Over one hundred years down the line, the wizarding world is still at peace, though issues still constantly arise. On the matter of magical blood, the issue has seen a decline ever since the defeat of the Dark Lord, though it never disappeared completely. Racism never does.

tab tab In ways, racism finds even worse ways to exist. As wizarding society began opening itself to the rest of the magical world, for those creatures classified under "Beings," some felt concerned about the mix between humanity (and similar species already well recognized) and the... other. Others took a hard stance against it, but were eventually overturned. The resentment of those still existed, even as more and more Beings integrated themselves into society... and even the push began to change the label of some "Beasts" to Beings. As part of the progress and often the topic of discussion, Hogwarts has continued to make strides in these ideals.

tab tab The current Headmistress is one such example of this. Having acquired the position ten years ago, she is very clearly not human, both due to her appearance and the fact she held the Defense Against the Dark Arts position for around seventy years. This led to the question of whether the school should be maintained by humans, the question fueled by racist ideals, but they were completely ignored by many, especially the Headmistress.

tab tab This is only one such example of what is going on in the world. Slowly but surely, "Beings" began integrating themselves further into wizarding society, despite the fear and opposition. The world has become tense about the topic, as concern for it slowly builds... To some, it's only a matter of time before things get out of control.

tab tab Behind the scenes, known to only a select few in the entire world, this seems to be the case. Secret plans are carried out, different factions moving against one another, vying for power and dominance. To the public, nothing seems out of the ordinary, but in reality only a few individuals have their claws wrapped around the world. It is because of these beings that things will begin to spiral out of control, all in a desperate bid to destroy one another.

tab tab There is no sign of this power struggle, at least to the general public. Today, everything seems calm enough. So much, in fact, that the current Headmistress of Hogwarts has apparently gotten bored. There are rumors that she is planning something for the school, some sort of event to make things up... Beyond that, there is no information. All that anyone can do now is wait for more information from the Headmistress, if it comes at all.

tab tab Soon enough, the games will begin.
User Image

tab tab Please follow Gaia's Terms of Service. That is self explanitory.

tab tab Obviously, I'm in charge of this roleplay. You will listen to me or you'll face the consequences.

tab tab Please, be literate in your posts. I don't want to see text speak or gangster lingo. It isn't acceptable. (Though, for the latter, if it's the way the character talks that's okay.) Now then, we all have lives outside of the magical internet world of wonder so I’m not going to expect a post daily. If you want to and you can, go for it. Otherwise, a post every two to three days works just fine for me. Your posts should have proper grammar and spelling, which means using spell check often, and they should be no less than three paragraphs. A paragraph is typically five to seven sentences. I understand when things have to be short, and I prefer quality over quantity, so I don't like fluff. Your posts should at least have your character's name and picture. Please do not stretch the page when doing this however. Posting colors are wonderful but no bright colors like hot pink or some other obnoxious/uber-pale color. It’s difficult to read and no one likes having to highlight your post just to read it.

tab tab Send your profiles with the title of the roleplay as well as the role you're applying for to me. [Example: Black Moon - Slytherin Student ]Do NOT post them in the thread, no matter what; I’ll be just editing them in as I receive them. Also, no posting in the RP until you've been accepted.

tab tab Keep it PG-13. Relationships happen, I know, but there are some younger users on Gaia that shouldn't be exposed earlier than they should be. Society is corrupted enough; let's try to keep it clean.

tab tab Now, then, on to something else: fights. This roleplay is about a war between questionable good and evil, and there are going to be plenty of battles later on. Long story short, no god-modding and auto-hitting, stuff like that; I’m sure you’re used to it by now. Work with the person you’re fighting with to come up with a good series of posts where both sides get wounded and things happen, but make sure it’s fair. Not every character is going to be on the same level of skill either, so make sure to pick your battles carefully as well.

tab tab If you read my rules, please put “DAT CUP” at the end of your profile so that I know you aren't lying.
User Image

tab tab Sample is below. Please refrain from adjusting the skeleton except for where it requires your input for information and colors. Make sure to erase Name, Nickname, etc., when entering these things in so it looks nice. We know profile coding messes up in Private Messages so once again, don't do anything to the code to make it work in them. It works fine in the forums which is what matters.

500 WIDE BY 240 LONG PICTURE GOES HERE

▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱
                                                    ___b _ a _ s _ i _ c ___ i _ n _ f _ o _ r _ m _ a _ t _ i _ o _ n

Full Name
                                                        Nickname(s)
                                                        Birthday
                                                        Height
                                                        Weight
                                                        Race
                                                        Sexuality
                                                        Role [Student -please include what year and house-, Ministry Member, ect.]

___d _ i _ g _ g _ i _ n _ g ___ d _ e _ e _ p _ e _ r

Biography :
                                                        ____ [two paragraphs or more]
                                                        Personality :
                                                        ____ [one paragraph or more]
                                                        ____ ☑ list six likes. type them out on this line, do not list.
                                                        Dislikes :
                                                        ____ ☒ list six dislikes. type them out on this line, do not list.
                                                        Skills : [what can your character do?]
                                                        ____ Insert skill
                                                        ____ Insert skill
                                                        ____ Insert skill
                                                        Flaws : [physical or mental flaws that can cause your characters trouble]
                                                        ____ Insert flaw
                                                        ____ Insert flaw
                                                        ____ Insert flaw

___a _ n _ y _ t _ h _ i _ n _ g ___ e _ l _ s _ e _ ?

Theme song(s)
                                                        Favorite Spells
                                                        Familiar
                                                        Wand type, core, and length
                                                        Some extra information [optional]
                                                        Username

[list][list][list][list][list]
                                                      [img]500 wide by 240 long[/img]
                                                      [list][list][list]

[size=14][color=postcolor1]▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color][/color][/size]
                                                      [size=9][b][color=white]___[/color][size=12]﹤[/size][color=postcolor1]b [color=white]_[/color] a [color=white]_[/color] s [color=white]_[/color] i [color=white]_[/color] c [color=white]___[/color] i [color=white]_[/color] n [color=white]_[/color] f [color=white]_[/color] o [color=white]_[/color] r [color=white]_[/color] m [color=white]_[/color] a [color=white]_[/color] t [color=white]_[/color] i [color=white]_[/color] o [color=white]_[/color] n [/color][size=12]﹥[/size][/b][/size]
                                                      [list][list][color=black][size=10]
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Full Name
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Nickname(s)
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Birthday
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Height
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Weight
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Race
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Gender
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Age
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Sexuality
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Role [Student -please include what year and house-, Ministry Member, ect.]
                                                      [/list][/list][/size]
                                                      [list][size=14][color=postcolor1]▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color][/color][/size]
                                                      [size=9][b][color=white]___[/color][size=12]﹤[/size][color=postcolor1]d [color=white]_[/color] i [color=white]_[/color] g [color=white]_[/color] g [color=white]_[/color] i [color=white]_[/color] n [color=white]_[/color] g [color=white]___[/color] d [color=white]_[/color] e [color=white]_[/color] e [color=white]_[/color] p [color=white]_[/color] e [color=white]_[/color] r [/color][size=12]﹥[/size][/b][/size]
                                                      [list][list][size=10]
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] [b][color=postcolor2]Biography[/color][/b] :
                                                      [color=white]____[/color] [two paragraphs or more]
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] [b][color=postcolor2]Personality[/color][/b] :
                                                      [color=white]____[/color] [one paragraph or more]
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] [b][color=postcolor2]Likes[/color][/b] :
                                                      [color=white]____[/color] ☑ list six likes. type them out on this line, do not list.
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] [b][color=postcolor2]Dislikes[/color][/b] :
                                                      [color=white]____[/color] ☒ list six dislikes. type them out on this line, do not list.
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] [b][color=postcolor2]Skills[/color][/b] : [what can your character do?]
                                                      [color=white]____[/color] Insert skill
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] [b][color=postcolor2]Flaws[/color][/b] : [physical or mental flaws that can cause your characters trouble]
                                                      [color=white]____[/color] Insert flaw
                                                      [/list][/list][/size]
                                                      [list][size=14][color=postcolor1]▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color] ▰ [color=postcolor2]▱[/color][/color][/size]
                                                      [size=9][b][color=white]___[/color][size=12]﹤[/size][color=postcolor1]a [color=white]_[/color] n [color=white]_[/color] y [color=white]_[/color] t [color=white]_[/color] h [color=white]_[/color] i [color=white]_[/color] n [color=white]_[/color] g [color=white]___[/color] e [color=white]_[/color] l [color=white]_[/color] s [color=white]_[/color] e [color=white]_[/color] ?[/color][size=12]﹥[/size][/b][/size]
                                                      [list][list][size=10]
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Theme song(s)
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Favorite Spells
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Familiar
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Wand type, core, and length
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Some extra information [optional]
                                                      [color=postcolor1][size=14][b]■[/b][/size][/color] Username[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
User Image

tab tab Here is the list of characters being played in this roleplay and where their roles are. The titles to each section leads you to the profile thread for the respective title.

User Image
                                    tab tab Karin Renata, Headmistress, former Slytherin.
                                    tab tab Dacianna Lieselotte Ilse, Head Nurse/Headmistress's Assistant, schooled at Durmstrang.
                                    tab tab Ambrosia Nocte, Transfiguration Professor.
                                    tab tab Resalia Narratio, History of Magic Professor.
                                    tab tab Mizuki Kurou, Study of Ancient Runes Professor.
                                    tab tab Jenovah Alkaev Devons, Librarian.
                                    tab tab Jayden Alicia Devons, Flying Instructor.
                                    tab tab Tara Lynn Brooks, Charms Professor.
                                    tab tab Taysha Ester McWibbit, Care of Magical Creatures Professor.
                                    tab tab Lucas Jonathan Staire, Potions Professor.
                                    tab tab Takuma Nakamura, Herbology Professor, Deputy Headmaster, Head of Gryffindor House.
                                    tab tab Runiel Soleantos, Divination Professor.
                                    tab tab Nathanial Adrian Baylor, Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor.
                                    tab tab Sigrun Eira Yngvildr, Astronomy Professor.
                                    tab tab Dimitrius Alexander James Turner, Music Professor, Head of Ravenclaw.
                                    tab tab Remigia Bellamy, Arithmancy Professor, Head of Slytherin.

User Image
                                    tab tab Rosalind Nerezza Kasimir, Seventh Year, Head Girl, Beater, Captain of the Quidditch team.
                                    tab tab Christopher Daniels, Fifth Year, Seeker.
                                    tab tab Alphonso Phoenix Remilard Sixth Year, Prefect, Chaser.
                                    tab tab Noel Ouimet, Fifth Year, Chaser.
                                    tab tab Evelyn Genova, Fifth Year.
                                    tab tab Ryuusuke Kousaka, First Year.

User Image
                                    tab tab Bianca Ulrich Zolnerowich, Seventh Year, Head Girl, Chaser, Captain of the Quidditch Team.
                                    tab tab Kristin Maria Mulberry, Seventh Year.
                                    tab tab Liam Cain Foley, Sixth Year, Prefect, Beater.
                                    tab tab Rowan Alexander Foley, Sixth Year, Prefect, Beater.
                                    tab tab Anna Jane Mulberry, Fifth Year, Seeker.
                                    tab tab Riku Tanaka, Fourth Year, Keeper.
                                    tab tab Kirsten Verena Frauke, Third Year.
                                    tab tab Xavier Westley Owston, Second Year.

User Image
                                    tab tab Rosamund Valeska Kasimir, Seventh Year, Head Girl, Keeper, Captain of the Quidditch team.
                                    tab tab Maelynn Rosé Beaupre, Seventh Year
                                    tab tab Etsuko Tanaka, Fifth Year, Prefect
                                    tab tab Amalia Cecilee Scamander, Fifth Year
                                    tab tab Phaidra Achimah, Fourth Year
                                    tab tab Cecil Puck Ansel, Third Year
                                    tab tab Philip Samuel Noseworthy, First Year

User Image
                                    tab tab Kuraihi Linea, Seventh Year, Head Boy, Chaser, Quidditch Team Captain
                                    tab tab Alexus Sierra Malfoy, Seventh Year, Head Girl
                                    tab tab Franziska Lorelei Riddle, Sixth Year, Prefect, Beater
                                    tab tab Alice Isabelle Leon, Sixth Year, Keeper
                                    tab tab Calypso Leto, Sixth Year, Seeker
                                    tab tab Luca Alexander, Sixth Year
                                    tab tab Medea Katima Lestrange, Fifth Year, Beater
                                    tab tab Mukiryoku Hakuchō-Uta, Fourth Year
                                    tab tab Jemma Noel Griveling, Third Year
                                    tab tab Aurora Alabaster, First Year

User Image
                                    tab tab Jack Calumina, Minister of Magic.
                                    tab tab Alsius Argentum, Auror.
                                    tab tab Luke Ignotum, Auror.
                                    tab tab Raine Argentum, Obliviator/Auror.
                                    tab tab Vladimira Aleksandr, Gonfalone Leader.
                                    tab tab Sinclaire Ophelia Salazar, Head of International Magical Cooperation.
                                    tab tab Cecilia Carlisle, Auror.
                                    tab tab Kamiko Nakamura, Personal Agent to Minister.
                                    tab tab Veneno, Unknown Role.
                                    tab tab Kitai Atsukamashi, Heiress.
                                    tab tab Seinaru Haachi, Young Family Head.
User Image

tab tab First Day - The students enjoyed the Welcoming Feast after returning to Hogwarts. The Headmistress gave warnings, and after everyone proceeded to bed held a small meeting with the Head Boys and Girls, Prefects, and assorted teachers. She outlined a Tournament that would be held between "champions" of the different Houses, and how the players would be picked during Halloween. (Unknown to the general public, some time before and after this day Karin has killed two unknown people.)

tab tab Halloween - Taking place on a Sunday this year, the students spent the day in their costumes, interacting with one another. That evening, after the Halloween Feast it was shown how one would enter the Tournament, with Christopher Daniels being the example; each house had a bowl, each would-be contestant having to cut their hands over it to deposit blood. The following four students are the contestants: Alice Leon for Slytherin, Maelynn Beaupre for Ravenclaw, Rowan Foley for Hufflepuff, and Christopher Daniels for Gryffindor. The contestants received some information before being dismissed.

tab tab November 5th/6th - On the former date, an unknown intruder made it into an unknown location within the castle. When the Headmistress discovered this the next day, she was rather angered, calling for a secret meeting. In order to empty the castle for as much as possible for as long as possible, a sudden trip to Hogsmeade was announced, many of them going on it. While the students had various forms of fun, those within the castle that were to be a part of the meeting worked to prepare for it. When it came to pass, the Headmistress completely lost her temper because an important question had not been answered: how the intruder had managed to make it to wherever he or she was trying to go to in the first place. The meeting ended with the note than everyone within the castle, or near it for that matter, was now a suspect.

tab tab November 30th - The day of the First Challenge. The beginning of the day involved everyone getting ready, and a surprise appearance of the Minister of Magic himself which just added to the wave of excitement. The Challenge was rather simple when said: the contestants just had to make it out of the spot in the Forbidden Forest that they were teleported to, back to the audience. Easier said than done. The audience was able to watch through mirrors provided to them for most of the day, but in the final moments the spell that projected the images on the mirror were cut off. Soon enough after that, the contestants returned, in the following order: Christopher Daniels, Rowan Foley, Maelynn Beaupre, and Alice Leon.

tab tab December 11th - A simple day, if there ever was one. With the contestants still recovering, the school is slowly but surely becoming more excited about the upcoming dance, an imitation of the Yule Ball- not much is known about it, not even what it will be called, or what its theme will be if it even has a theme. Today was a day of interactions; in some case just innocent talking, others involving someone being asked to the dance. Despite the innocence of this day, some time before, between this day and the First Challenge, something happened to Karin in the secret area she often visits down below, where the strange, unknown figure stands guard- an incident that involved the Headmistress having to get her arm reattached.

tab tab December 18th - The day of the Christmas Dance. Full of a variety of fun, entertainment, and drama here and there, it was clear the Headmistress had spared no expense for the evening. This included performances at the end of it all, the last of which was a personal performance by Luke Ignotum; however, at the end of it all apparently there was an attempt on the Headmistress' life, an issue that led to Resalia Narratio being in charge of the interrogation.

tab tab December 21st - This day, Karin Renata visited the secret area with a strange sort of depression, disposing the body of the one who had attempted to kill her.

tab tab February 12th - In the new year, the Second Challenge takes place this day. This is the current day.
User Image

tab tab As of 6/12/2013, the following characters have been dropped: Alexus Malfoy, Dimitrius Turner, Amalia Scamander, Medea Lestrange.

tab tab As of 9/27/2013, the last update is now null and void.

tab tab As of 11/21/2013, Luca Alexander has been dropped.

tab tab As of 11/28/2013, once again Alexus Malfoy, Dimitrius Turner, Amalia Scamander, and Medea Lestrange are dropped.
User Image

User Image

tab tab Here is the schedule for the day, just so it’s up. When it comes to the class schedules below, Years 1-5 are set, while Years 6-7 get to choose their own classes. For Years 6-7, once your characters have been approved, simply go into the related spreadsheet and edit in the character’s name next to the class, for each day for each period.

tab tab First Year Schedule.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Second Year Schedule.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Third Year Schedule.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Fourth Year Schedule.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Fifth Year Schedule.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Sixth Year Schedule.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Seventh Year Schedule.
                                    Click Me!
User Image

tab tab Dungeon Floor Two.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Dungeon Floor One.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Ground Floor.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab First Floor.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Second Floor.
                                    Click Me!

tab tab Third Floor.
                                    Click Me!