Welcome to Gaia! ::

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

User Image

►► ▶▶ ▸▸ E S S L E R │ h │ e │ m │ o │xx│ s │ i │ n │ e │xx │ s │ p │ i │ r │ i │ t │ u │
it's my four-letter word ━━━━━━━━┛
i'm still here: leaving, going to fly over the town ▰ in my sights: rooster ▰ vital signs: i'll never be what this town needs.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ▸▶► ♟ ◄◀◂ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AND I will stay up through the night
xxxxYEAH, let's be clear, won't close my eyes
xxxxxxxxxxxxxAND I know that I can survive—I'll
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWALK through fire to save my life.

& & you did not xBREAK 「M E」▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
...i'm still fighting forx「P E A C E」xxxxxxxx

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

To Kessler's not-surprise, given her track record, but unending confusion, Rooster dropped her sword as soon as she faced him. Instead of taking a hostile stance or making an attempt to defend herself, really, she merely closed her eyes as more tears continued to stream down her falsely human face. Kessler set his jaw hard and watched cautiously. She's trying to get my guard down, he told himself. She knows I protect vulnerable humans, and she's trying to appeal to that side.

Rooster began to speak of soldiers and orders, and Kessler felt his insides recoil, a memory of a long-lost friend hovering in his mind like a fly over a carcass. What do you mean, medical discharge? What's going on?

Don't cry over spilled milk.

"He may be considered a deserter, but he's still doing what he thinks is right. And..."

For reasons Kessler knew horrifyingly well but didn't want to think about, his teeth were chattering, and he had broken out into a cold sweat. He clamped his teeth down together even harder, hoping Rooster couldn't see his jaw trembling, and tried to keep a defiant look in his eyes—but without a mirror, he knew not where he stood.

"I think there's still something worth saving in them! In every single one of them! That's why... I won't kill others... but most of all..."

Kessler flinched as Rooster made eye contact, though he mentally chastised himself rapidly afterwards. He mustn't show fear or vulnerability or weakness—

Because this is what happens when you're afraid.

—But if she was trying to break down his guard with the buzzwords he himself may have used, words like "saving" and "worth," she was succeeding, and Kessler's blood boiled for it. That was what she was doing, right? There was no way an other could actually feel things like compassion.

"Most of all, I won't kill you, Kessler... Because I see something worth saving in you more than any other monster, any Other, in Silent Hill..."

Kessler's stomach seized, and he reflexively took a step back, only to remember that his back was to the wall. Rooster spoke of his desire to save humans, her admiration for him, how he suffered through his status as freak and traitor—suddenly, Kessler's lungs felt as if they were submerged in salt water. Each breath stung ponderously. Did she know? Did she know about his... history? Speaking of redemption for humans was an effective way to get Kessler's attention, but the best way to paralyze him like a bear in the jaws of a trap was to suggest that he was actually worth something.

"You can't erase every single Other... Because that'd get rid of you, too... And Silent Hill needs someone like you..."

Rooster's humanlike hand was pressed frigidly against his face, and Kessler struggled not to shiver. She's trying to get in your head, he desperately tried to counsel himself. She's a monster, remember? Kindness isn't in her dictionary. Get out of there! But with his eyes wild and his face streaked in sweat, he couldn't move.

Rooster pressed her head against his chest and cried, and Kessler stiffened, wondering if she was trying to pinpoint the exact position of his heart so she could wrench it out with her monstrous hand. The vengeful side of his mind saw an opportunity to fire Ghost into the back of her head with little struggle—it probably wouldn't kill her, of course, but it should at least stun her. But that part of his mind was paralyzed by another part—the part that sought to defend the defenseless.

In Rooster's tears, Kessler heard Penny's self-conscious sniffles, and though his mind screamed at him that this was her plan, he had too long a confession list to commit another sin.

Keeping his eyes set hard, Kessler reached out to Rooster's shoulder and patted it a couple of times, uncomfortably and awkwardly. "You're crying," he said softly, "not dying."

He used his hand on her shoulder to gently push her off of his chest. This was too much for his brain to process right now—he had to keep his distance, to protect himself. He couldn't protect humans if he was busy stewing in confusion. "Humans cry when they're sad. Or when they're happy, even, or scared or angry. I guess... anytime a—a human feels something that's too much for them, they'll try to cry it out. But that's humans. You..." He tilted his head to the side, furrowing his brow. "Don't tell me you used to be..."

Kessler quickly snapped his jaw shut. He had already said too much, shown too many raw and rough parts of himself. Maybe Rooster was trying to mess with his head, or maybe she wasn't, but right now said head of his was far too muddled to sort through this. His frontal lobe seemed to be pounding, and his feet felt unsteady on the ground; he probably needed some more codeine, maybe some aspirin on top of it. He stepped away from Rooster.

"You said Silent Hill needs someone like me. But that's not how this town works. Silent Hill was built by sinners, for sinners. There's no place for heroes here... especially pretenders." He stared resentfully over his shoulder at one of his wings. "Eventually, I'll be just another victim of the town. The only thing I can do in the meantime is lead as many out as I can." He turned away. "Even if... even if I never get out."

He spread his wings, ignoring the sickly sounds of sinews snapping as they stretched beyond their capacity. "If you try to hurt a human again, I won't be merciful." His voice dropped a bit, but he tried to keep his tone bitter, not wistful. "Never learned what mercy was."

With that, he crouched and took off into the air, leaving a shower of ashen feathers behind.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

WELL I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
BUT your blade— it might be too sharpxxxxxxxx
I'M like a rubber band until you pull too xxxxxxxxxxxx
HARD—I may snap, and I move fastxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ & & you won't see me xFALL 「A P A R T」
xxxxxxxx...'cause i've gotx「A N」

▸▶► E L A S T I C H E A R T ◄◀◂llllll
▸▶► ♟ ◄◀◂

Cyberweasel89

Ayato Dunno's Partner In Crime

Dangerous Friend

User Image

⋯⋯ ┉┉ ┅┅ llynalyxx lillixx kaikanx │ i │xx │ w │ i │ l │ l │xx│ o │ v │ e │ r │ c │ o │ m │ e │
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
on an adventure: Toluca Inn Diner Room ┅ a new friend: Two Monsters (I think) ┅ on my mind: You can't fool me!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I was so happy when you smiled
xxxxYOUR smile breaks through the clouds of gray
xxxxxxxxxxxxxFAR from the sunny days that lie in sleep.
WAITING with patience for the spring
WHEN the flowers will bloom, renewed againxxxx
KNOWING there's more beyond the pain of today. xxxxxxxxxx

Llynally had been too out of it to really look around herself to see who else was in the room. She only hoped that anyone who was in the diner did not know that she was the one making a big scene down in the lobby. She shrunk behind the menu and frowned slightly. Was the lady whom helped her out of the mess really a monster, or was she just teasing Llynally because she behaved as if she just saw one? If that was the case, she must have reacted quite rude towards the nice lady by running off. No. Llynally shook her head behind the menu. The lady seemed very confident in what she was saying to her. Llynally placed the menu flat on the table with a sigh. She should be used to seeing weird things, but she just wasn't. This was different. They meant to kill her. Her thoughts were all the same, it was running back and forth through her mind tirelessly on repeat until she realized there was someone standing at the side of her table. A waitress, waiting on Llynally.

Being caught off guard she couldn't help but let out a slight yelp in surprise. The lady raised one brow at her, and then tapped her notepad with her pen. "I'm sorry, I just...uh, anyways..." Llynally looked down at her menu and placed her finger on the page, "Can I just have everything on this page? I couldn't decide."

The waitress stopped her tapping only to look down at the pink-haired girl confused. "Are you sure? I could suggest you something. That's a lot of stuff to order, and that would probably cost you-"

"No, I want to eat my heart out, really. It's not a problem." Llynally looked down at the menu with tired eyes as she quickly cut off the waitress. She haven't actually look down at what was on the menu itself, but she figured the more she ate the less she would worry about.

"O-Okay, but I'll have to see your I.D. Are you old enough to order alcohol?" The waitress placed a finger down on the menu to show her that she had ordered quite a few drinks. Plus, Llynally appeared quite young.

"Oh...that's perfect. I could definitely use a few drinks" She was talking more to herself than to the waitress. Llynally dug into the hidden pockets of her dress and pulled out a small pink wallet. She held her ID up so that the waitress could verify her age. Other than being shocked at Llynally's real age, the waitress quickly nodded and took off with the menu in hand. As for Llynally, she went back to her repetitive thoughts. She searched over and over for a flaw in everything that's happened, and how likely that this was all a misunderstanding.

It was only when her pile of dishes arrived that she snapped out of her thoughts again. A smile finally touched her lip for the first time since all the nightmares that day. From stir-fry to deep-fried seafood, Llynally's table quickly left no more empty space. Of course, she had a pitcher of beer, a shot, a mix drink, and some other things she could not identify for herself. She loved food, and it comfort her during times like this.

After drinking just a few glass of beer, half of her mix-drink, hardly gulping down only a fourth of the clear liquid shot, and eating just a third of what she had ordered, Llynally was starting to feel a bit woozy. Now that she wasn't occupied with her worrisome thoughts she realized just how loud the two at the bar were compared to everyone else there. She turned her head to look at the pair for once. She saw youthful girl with big breasts who savagely attacked the pile of food before her without a care in the world. Llynally looked down and saw that she wore no shoes either. Then next to her was a young man with slightly long, dark hair and a pair of icy blue, not to mention baggy, eyes. They really did not look like normal people to Llynally. Who ate at a diner like that? Perhaps they too were monsters. She grabbed the remaining three-fourth of liquor and gulped it down while keeping her eyes on them. If those monsters think they can just do whatever they want!- Llynally slammed the glass down onto the table and stood up slowly.

Llynally was actually not great at holding her alcohol. The room shifted to the right, left, and even shook in her view. Heck, she was starting to see two of everything. Her cheeks were a flushed pink color, and she felt hot all over. She wobbled out from between her seat and the table, and then made her way to the unsuspecting pair waving her index finger at them. "You! Just because you guys are monsters you think you can just do whatever you want to me? To everyone here?!" Llynally kept shaking her index finger at them, as she fought to keep herself upright. Her own head seemed like it weighed a ton for she kept trying to lift it up. Because she had actually reached them now, her index finger curled in with the rest of her fingers. She grabbed the nearest one to her by the sleeve, which was the dark-haired man, and shook him. "I'm not afraid of you! You and your-" She looked up at his head full of black hair, "-Y-your long Gothic black hair! Is that even your real hair?! I bet you actually have no hair when you turn into your monster form! Huh?!" She looked over to the lady and pointed her left finger at her, "And you!- I bet you are actually flat-chested as a monster, huh?!" Llynally bent over while holding the man's sleeve for support. She gagged a little, but she quickly straighten back up to continue insulting them both. "Go ahead and call your other monster-friends here. They may have tried to kill me, and they might be everywhere in this town, but I'm telling you I'll---- I'll...I'l...I'm going to throw up." Llynally suddenly buried her face into the man's shirt and let out all of her stomach's content onto him.

ALTHOUGH the scars of yesterday remain
xxxxYOU can go on living as much as your heart believes.
xxxxxxxxxxYOU can't be born again, although you can change.
LET'S stay together, always!xxxx

⋯⋯ ┉┉ ┅┅┅┅ ┉┉ ⋯⋯

aleksa6

cyberweasel89

Shadowy Rogue

User Image
User Image
                              User Image

運命 >LERO ARMS /// NO. MDCCCLII ________________________________________________________
PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION AGENT

--------------- With
              >>>
              --------------- Mood
              >>> The Unnatural, Dreams, and Hell that is Silent Hill
              --------------- Event
              >>>
              --------------- O.O.C
              >>>

⋙✭ >// "Oh, my dear Omen. You scared the little one off." Vic said looking at the girl in the wheel chair, with a frivolous frown. Watching the pinkette panic and leave both Victoria, Omen in the dust. " For all the things you say are true and she has just experienced it first hand. Only in the town in America where one can literately face their fears, of course. Agreeing with Omen of the very true facts of living in silent hill. This town is full of lies, lost dreams, and can be a living hell. That Lyn had a fear to face in this town, now will she prevail and overcome that fear? Who knows. " Anyway, I have business to attend too. Love. " Vic announced, waving Omen off. " Join me for a cup of tea if ever, at the place in between." Giving omen a final wink and gaze, leaving through the door.

⋙✭ >// Mounting her motorcycle, Vicky had such curiosity of wear the girl had went. She just enjoyed girls like her,people who cannot cope with their fears head on. Just made it all more the interesting. Now, If only she was a boy. Oh the fun she would have with her if she was. Slipping on her helmet, the engine would then ignite and go further down the road. Coming to a stop at the cafe, her crimson eyes would look through the widows. A shade of pink to confirm her curiosity. A sly smile baring fangs to follow, as Victoria would causally stroll in unannounced.

When she walked in, a scene would un-fold before Vickky. Lyn had gotten drunk and was bothering what looked like to be a young couple just across from Lyn's table. Victoriaque would chuckle. Quietly talking to the waitress, telling her that she had a party with Lyn.
                                                              ⋙✭ >// Coming onto Lyn and the two she bothered. " Ara, Ara. My friend, you have gotten considerably drunk so quickly. To such you forgot about your friend who was going to join you for girls night out. I am sad my dear. Talking to Lyn directly in a friendly manner as if she knew her. " Now, my dear. I would leave that young couple alone, for I believe they are not monsters. You are ruining their night out together I pres... " to stop her sentence and still holding her smile, when Lyn's stomach decided to release it's contents all over poor Salem.

⋙✭ >//

⋙✭ >//

⋙✭>//
                                                              LadyAsami

aleksa6

Cyberweasel89

Defender Of Stories

Dangerous Sex Symbol

User Image

D e r e k┃☬┃L o v e
════════════════════════════

Wind brushed against his cheeks as he continued on down the last block. He had slipped on his glasses a few blocks ago, it was just in case his sight got weird again. Sometimes it was like his eyes were playing tricks on him. He hoped that maybe wearing the glasses it would fix the problem. Of course it didn't, but he wore them out of habit now...

The doors automatically slid open as he stepped on to the doormat, a large gust of wind hit roughly against his head. It was a annoying machine but he made it a habit to ignore it. He moved towards the employee lounge, punching for the day and to grab his apron. He gave a few nods in acknowledgement of his coworkers. None of them had seemed to want to be at work today. He couldn't exactly blame them, he didn't want to be there either. He checked his schedule for the day, apparently it was sweeps before stacking time.

Grabbing the broom from the corner, he turned to see a young woman walk inside. She was one of his coworkers, and he could tell she liked him. She greeted him with a smile and a friendly 'hello'. He gave a polite reply before quickly slipping away. She was nice, but he wasn't interested. She was too boring. Tossing some of his dread over his shoulder, he began to sweep up the produce section.

☬With: ---
☬Realm: Normal
☬Where: Supermarket
☬Thoughts: I wonder if I could get hired somewhere else?

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

User Image

►► ▶▶ ▸▸ E S S L E R │ h │ e │ m │ o │xx│ s │ i │ n │ e │xx │ s │ p │ i │ r │ i │ t │ u │
i'm still here: small grocery store ▰ in my sights: employee with dreadlocks, friendly cashier ▰ vital signs: s**t s**t s**t s**t...

Codeine wasn't cutting it anymore.

Kessler's hands were pressed tightly against his temples as he somewhat blindly stumbled his way down the main street towards the strip mall. Of course, codeine had never cut it, but it had at least managed to dull the pounding sledgehammer migraines into background aches. Of course, codeine didn't do much for mopping up spilled milk.

He didn't realize he was walking into the small mom-and-pop grocery store until he felt cold faux-glass bump into his nose. Sharply, Kessler raised his head to look at the non-automatic door and rubbed his stinging nose. Though his ears were ringing a bit, he was at least aware that he had made quite a loud bumping sound when he walked into the door, but he was too dazed to feel the usually reflexive embarrassment.

The bells attached to the door jingled cheerfully as Kessler opened the door, but the sound merely rubbed salt in his already wounded mind. He bit down on a groan as he clamped a hand over his forehead and shuffled inside.

Monsters. Others. Humans. The words were all blurring together in his head, and he couldn't separate saints from souls from sinners. Faces he had seen just minutes ago melded with faces from years past, and conversations from today were spoken in voices that hadn't walked his ear drums since another life. This town had him in his grip as completely as it had the unfortunate humans, and after being trapped here for so long, he had become one of the ghosts.

Kessler nearly tripped as he made his way to the drug aisle and started fumbling with blurry vision and shaky hands for aspirin. Staring at his hands as they grasped at brightly-colored plastic bottles, he could vaguely discern ash and blood beneath his fingernails. Was he covered in soot in the normal town or just the otherworld? Whether or not he looked clean in the physical sense, he certainly didn't look clean in the subtance sense; he knew that much. Walking into a door on the way to a grocery store, stumbling to the drug aisle only to fumble aimlessly for drugs... he probably looked like he was on coke or something even worse, perhaps. He could only hope the cashier wouldn't refuse to sell him the aspirin.

Finally, he managed to hook his clammy hands around a bright bottle of the good stuff and started walking to the cash register. As he turned a corner into the produce section, he noticed an employee with thick glasses and dreadlocks cleaning the aisle—and when Kessler realized he was sweeping up various pieces of sinew and cartilage, he clamped a hand over his mouth to keep the dizzy spell from overcoming him.

The man wasn't actually sweeping viscera, of course. Kessler just hadn't gotten back to switching to the real town yet.

He made his way somewhat clumsily to the checkout counter, where a friendly-looking girl was organizing the cash register. She greeted him cheerfully, and he mumbled something that could maybe be construed as a response as he placed the pills on the counter. He watched the register light up as the girl scanned the pills and he dug around in his pocket for his wallet—it felt heavier than it usually did, but he managed to place it on the counter.

Even in his fractured vision, Kessler could tell that the girl's eyes had suddenly gone wide and fearful, and his heart started pounding. For a second he thought she might be yet another witness to the town's otherworld, but then he looked down.

He had put Ghost on the counter, not his wallet.

▸▶► ♟ ◄◀◂

Negatrash S e n s e i

Timid Loiterer

User Image
"You look like you have something on your mind, you can tell me anything."
"You look like you're suffering, allow me to put you out of your misery."

Shepard

It seemed picking the park as a place to think and relax wasn't the best idea. While the fresh air had cleaned out the scent of the unpleasant scent from earlier the increasing size of the people who were checking out the lake increased and the distance he tried to put between himself and the tourists had diminished. The relative silence he was enjoying was overridden making him want to leave. Shepard didn't hate people but large groups of people just made him feel uncomfortable.

He abandoned his spot making his way towards the city through the groups of people enjoying themselves. He kept his head down trying to dissuade people from talking to him which lead to him bumping in to a couple people and issuing a quick apology. Once he escaped the park and was on the sidewalk back in to town he resumed planning out his day. It occurred to him he hadn't visited his homemade memorial in a couple weeks so it seemed like a logical point to start and the cemetery had to be more quiet than where he was.

Halfway to the intersection that led to the inn or the hospital Shepard picked up on a weird sensation. It didn't feel emotional as much as it felt supernatural, similar to energy given off by others. In fact it felt like there were several others very close together. He was intrigued at what would cause so many of them to gather in the same area. He picked up his pace weaving through the slower moving crowds. Reaching the intersection he felt that the others had gathered near the inn. Taking a right he quickly scurried towards the inn.

As he approached the inn the energy in the area felt a little weaker, meaning some of the others must have left but he felt a couple still close by. After entering the inn he began scanning the lobby if he could find an other that might explain what had happened. Most of the people in the lobby lit up as being content relaxing or workers being bored wanting their shift to end. His eye caught someone in the corner near an ice machine and their current state didn't match the humans who were in the lobby.

As Shepard homed in on the individual he began to make out what they looked like. Darkish skin, brownish hair, and in a wheelchair. He knew exactly who that was. He snuck up behind her, it, whatever it liked to be called "so what's got you in a place like this?" After posing his question he moved in to Omen's field of vision finding a spot to lean against a wall.

Shepard didn't normally talk with many others since they were either more hostile than he was or mocked how he performed his duties. Omen was one of the few others he felt like he relatively got along with.

"So what was going on here? I received a strange feeling as I made my way over here."
He posed his question with a smile hoping whatever went on here didn't leave any others in a less than desirable mood.

[Location: Toluca Inn]
[Company: Omen]
[Status: Bored and curious]
[Form: Human]

Defender Of Stories

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

User Image
OH MY HERE WE GO ANOTHER LOOSE CANNON GONE BIPOLAR SL⇣PPED DOWN COULDN'T GET MUCH L✖WERxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FIND YOUR WAY: ice room, toluca inn SHOW ME YOUR REAL FACE: shepard/krieg AS REAL AS YOUR HEAD: time for a sitrep.

ǫᴜɪᴄᴋSAND'Slx got nolx SENSE ofxl humor
tab tab tab i'm still LAUGHING LIKE lHELL
> you've been INFECTED BY A social disease?
tab tab WELL THEN, take YOURl [MEDICINE] ⋘⋘⋘
I'M SO SICK OF THIS TOMBSTONE MENTALITY; IF THERE'S AN AFTERLIFE, THEN IT'LL SET YOU FREE. BUT I'M NOT GONNA PART THE SEAS; YOU'RE A SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY.xxxxxxxxxxxx
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

It didn't take long for Bubble Gum to gather up her scattered dignity and flee with her tail between her legs. Omen crossed its arms and leaned back in its chair, faking a bored yawn. It was quite clear that the girl was still trapped in the "denial" stage, and Omen's attempts at shedding some light on this decidedly lightless issue were clearly unwelcome at the moment. Disappointing. If she didn't begin to wake up soon, Omen wouldn't hesitate to torment her like the rest, and the ones who had a fight in them were undeniably the most interesting.

Counting briefly on its fingers, Omen remembered that anger was the next step according to that strict code of grief that absolutely everyone follows, no doubt. If the general guideline were correct, Bubble Gum was probably off to do something reckless and lash out at someone, strengthening the town's grip on her. Hopefully she wouldn't vomit on anyone.

Victoriaque gave Omen a wink and a smile as she chastised the latter for scaring Bubble Gum off. Omen shrugged with an easy smirk. "Eh, what can I say? Responsibility freaks out those feeble little human minds." Omen chuckled as Vicky offered to join it for tea sometimes, and Omen smiled as she disappeared, waving her off. She was most likely going to pursue that girl, and Omen considered advising her against it but ultimately kept mum. It was still far too early for really anything to make much of a difference. Omen couldn't get through to Bubble Gum, and Vicky likely wouldn't be able to hunt her, either. But there was a more important matter at hand.

"How can she drink that nasty tea stuff?" Omen muttered allowed, pinching a troublesome flyaway of hair between its fingers and tearing it out with a little pinch. "Tastes like buffalo urine. Or I imagine it would."

Omen turned to the ice machine and stared pointedly at it, examining the scent it had encountered before. Fury, bravado, and oh, so much fear. Omen grinned. His desperately scrambling efforts to hide it only made it that much clearer how terrified he really was. Examining the tarnished ice, Omen noticed a presence looming behind it but pretended not to. After all, this wasn't one of those idiots who tried to pick a fight with it. Or, well, the idiot.

"So what's got you in a place like this?" Logan Krieger AKA Krieg AKA Shepard sneaked up behind her before moving to lean easily against the wall, in Omen's field of view, though Omen wasn't sure how he could see with all of that hair covering his eyes. Here in the regular town, Shepard had floppy blonde hair and a decidedly human face; Omen had to admit it found its faceless otherworld visage more striking, but it didn't complain. Shepard was one of the rare others that had manners, a rare commodity these days.

"Hey, Krieg, don't sneak up on me. I might run ya over next time." Omen laughed in a way that was only half-joking. It knew Shepard liked his human-esque name for whatever reason, so sometimes it exended the courtesy of calling him by it. "Nothing much. Just chilling, you know?" Omen gave a shrug that confirmed its decidedly awful pun was not meant to be taken seriously and looked curiously at Shepard as he asked another question.

"So what was going on here? I received a strange feeling as I made my way over here." He smiled as he asked, which Omen rewarded with an actual response instead of a sardonic one.

"Other conference, more or less. We've got a few new unfortunates on our turf, and it seems everyone's scrambling for some fresh meat. First one I haven't spoken to, but I scoped him out a bit. Pretty average man, dark hair, bags under his eyes... looks like a d**k, quite frankly." Omen smirked. "Second one I talked to. Pretty little girl with pink hair, but she can't be all as innocent as she looks if this s***-hole decided to go after her. She was pretty frazzled and didn't want to hear anything of what's going on. Humans, I swear. They say things like 'ignorance is bliss' and 'curiosity killed the cat'—if you don't know anything, you can't do anything."

Omen rested its chin on its fist, feigning a bored expression though it was actually quite invested in these unfortunates' fates. "I'll try to figure out what's keeping Insomniac here and use my same tactics on him. And as for Bubble Gum, I'll give her one more chance before I go for her like the rest. That's probably the stange feeling you got, you know." Omen pointed at its chest, making a large, ballooning gesture. "Victoriaque was here for Bubble Gum. I think she even followed her when she ran off, but I doubt it'll do much good now. Girl's knee-deep in denial."

Omen pointed at its right arm, clenching its fist in an exaggerrated monstrous gesture. "Beauty and Beast, or Rooster or whatever, came for Insomniac, but he shifted back to town before she could get him. Conveniently, Bubble Gum stumbled into the otherworld at that moment, so she went there instead. Of course she didn't get far. A good friend of mine chased her off."

Omen shaped its index finger into a gesture of a gun and pressed it against its temple. "I swear, that idiot still thinks he's going to be able to save someone. His fear is stinking up this whole place. He knows as well as I do that he can't even save himself." With a smirk, Omen pretended to fire its finger-gun into its head, but its eyes hinted at something beyond joking.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
xxxxxxxxxxxxI'M SO SICK OF THIS TOMBSTONE MENTALITY; IF THERE'S AN AFTERLIFE, THEN IT'LL SET YOU FREE. BUT I'M NOT GONNA PART THE SEAS; YOU'RE A SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY.
i created THE (sound) OF madness wrote ✖ the ✖ book ONl PAIN
>>>THE DARKEST HOUR NEVER COMES] IN ⇒ THE nightxxxxxx
↳ ■ YOU CAN SLEEP WITH A GUN, BUT WHEN YOU GONNA
(WAKE xUP) AND (FIGHT) for yourself?xxxxxxxx
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image

Servant of Insanity

Dangerous Friend

x Ҟ x x x x ᴿ x x x///x x x x C x
`▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noisy bunch, that's what these people were. Karen headed for the exit just as a familiar face entered. A voluptuous, raven-hair woman with crimson red eyes that set her apart from most normal people- The Harlot. Sure enough she was already interested in whomever it was over by the bar area. Karen softly closed her eyes as if debating if she should care to look or not. It was only when she heard the woman talking that she decided to turn her head. The pink haired girl had apparently vomit on the black-haired boy. Karen was indeed not interested. Young people these days were so undisciplined it was no surprise for Karen. Unlike The Harlot over there, Karen did not find any fun in getting involve in something that used up too much unnecessary energy.

She made her way down the flight of stairs from the diner towards the lobby room. It's been a bit too long since she's had a breathe of normal fog-less air. Stepping out from the Toluca Inn, and to her dismay, saw that the times have definitely changed this small, once-silent town. It appeared to be some sort of tourist attraction now more than anything. Without much a facial reaction to this, she carried on down the sidewalk. There wasn't much to do when no unfortunate souls crossed over to the OtherWorld. For now she would just have to wander this unrealistic small-town.

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
User Image

▏▏▏▎▎▍▍OOJUM │ d │ e │ n │ i │ l │ l │xx │ f │ e │ r │ r │ u │ m │ o │ r │ i │ s │
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━━━━━━━━┛
]WHERE: Grocery StoreWITH: Kessler, DerekDOING: Socializing
I MUST HAVE DREAMED A THOUSAND DREAMS
xxxxxxxxxxBEEN HAUNTED BY A MILLION SCREAMS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBUT I CAN HEAR THE MARCHING FEET
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHEY'RE MOVING INTO THE STREET
DID YOU READ THE NEWS TODAY?
THEY SAY THE DANGER HAS GONE AWAYxxxxxx
BUT I CAN SEE THE FIRE'S STILL ALIGHT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
THEY'RE BURNING INTO THE NIGHTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Denill had completely lost track of time.

Had he been in this room for a day? A week? Or perhaps a month? Every time he had a victim he tended to get carried away with his torture. He would forget to eat, to sleep, to do something else like unwind and watch television. But, in retrospect, Denill no longer needed any of these things. He had already been killed. No longer amongst the living except as a projection of his former self, he was no longer bound by the rules of the torture that is hunger, boredom and fatigue. Indeed, he had been liberated. And so had, apparently, his victim.

Hm. I seem to have killed him a mite too soon. Our God would not be pleased.” Denill shrugged nonchalantly as he dropped the bloody pipe over the corpse of his latest victim. Yet another person who had invaded his beloved otherworld. A person with betrayal in their past, no less. A white-collar con artist who had robbed the innocent poor with false promises and lawyers under his belt. The kind of criminal who could not be punished anywhere outside of Silent Hill. And so he was here, at the so-called “mercy” of Denill, a man who literally did not know the meaning of the word. He looked down at the black suit he was wearing, noting that there were splotches all over. “I need a new suit.” He muttered to himself, walking over to a bloodied closet and pulling open the creaking doors. There were black suits aligned from left to right, all of them immaculately clean. Switching the one he had on, he buttoned himself up and stepped outside to go for a walk, scouting for any other intruders in the area.

It didn’t take long for him to find a sign of trouble elsewhere in the town as he walked by a grocery store and witnessed what appeared to be a stickup. The woman behind the counter looked absolutely terrified upon seeing the gun plopped down on the table, and the man who had done so seemed just as surprised as the clerk did. Denill could already deduce that the whole situation was a misunderstanding, and he walked in, standing beside Kessler calmly and picking the gun up carefully. “Kessler, my friend, if you needed money you should have just asked, not attempt to use your guns as currency. Especially not to a lady who deals in groceries.” He said to the winged gunman, his warm, kind smile completely drowned out by his soulless, cold stare, as he handed the gun back to him.

THERE'S TOO MANY MEN, TOO MANY PEOPLE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxMAKING TOO MANY PROBLEMS, AND
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHERE'S NOT MUCH LOVE TO GO AROUND
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAN'T YOU SEE THIS IS A LAND OF CONFUSION?
THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN
AND THESE ARE THE HANDS WE'RE GIVENxxxxxx
USE THEM AND LET'S START TRYING xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TO MAKE IT A PLACE WORTH LIVING INxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tortured Life, Dreary Reality
╔══════════════╗
Denill tortures a Victim.
The Victim was killed by Denill.
Denill changes Clothes.
Denill goes to the Grocery Store.
Denill grabs Kessler’s gun.
Denill gives it back to Kessler.
╚══════════════╝

STAND UP AND LET'S START SHOWING
JUST WHERE OUR LIVES ARE GOING TO
━━━━ ☪ ━━━━

Dangerous Sex Symbol

User Image

D e r e k┃☬┃L o v e
════════════════════════════

Half way through sweeping the produce aisle, a dirty man stumbled into the store. Derek glanced over the man, he looked simply awful. He seemed dirty and was completely out of it. Derek almost thought the guy was going to puke everywhere. One of his bosses, signaled him to keep an eye on the man. It was understandable, the guy was picture book definition of supermarket trouble. With nothing more of a sigh, Derek moved casually down towards the medicinal aisle with his broom.

The man managed to make a mess of the aisle, he figured that he would have clean it later. Eventually the man returned back down the aisle towards the cash register, he seemed to be clutching onto some specific box. He wasn't a drug addict at least, they usually had a few more boxes to carry. Derek wondered if the guy just wasn't feeling well. He glanced at the girl behind the register as item was scanned. Soon a gun dropped in front of the cheerful girl, although she wasn't so cheerful anymore. His eyebrows arched high as the two people both seemed surprised. It wasn't a stick up, the gun was set down. What robber would set down a gun?

Before he could act, another gentlemen, who had not stepped in not a moment ago, was already at the man's side. He couldn't hear what he said as walked over with the broom. From the corner of his eye, he could see the owner already on the phone slightly hesitating on calling the cops. Derek wasn't in the mood for dealing with the police, so with a few quick strides he was also standing near the men. "If you two are done here, I suggest talking outside of the store," he spoke leaning his cheek against the edge of the broom handle. "My boss doesn't do well in these situations," He paused a moment and glanced at the girl at the register, "Neither do my coworkers." He spoke shifting his gaze back to the men. "So, what do you say?" He said lifting a brow to them.

☬With: A possible drug addict, some other guy, and a co-worker
☬Realm: Normal
☬Where: Supermarket
☬Thoughts: I wonder if I could get hired somewhere else?

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
User ImageS å l e m [(B)(o)(n)(e)(s)]
__________________Why does it feel like night today?
_________________Something in here's not right today.
_________________Why am I so uptight today?
_________________Paranoia's all I got left!

Clearly, Salem wasn’t going to get any answers out of Matilda with her mouth full. He’d be thankful for the silence, but Matilda wasn’t exactly a quiet eater. In fact, he thought he could hear her still talking with her mouth full. Does she ever stop talking? Probably not. He wouldn’t be surprised if she talks in her sleep. It would seem that Matilda wasn’t going to be the loudest voice in the diner today, much to Salem’s surprise, as a pink-haired girl approached behind him and began talking with slurs that would indicate that she had done more than just a little light drinking.

You!” Salem could smell the alcohol in her breath all the way from over here.“Just because you guys are monsters you think you can just do whatever you want to me? To everyone here?!” Salem turned around, raising a brow as he discovered the pink-haired girl to look considerably young. Much too young to drink, let alone copious amounts of alcohol. “I beg your pardon, miss…?” Salem asked, trying to keep a polite demeanor, but being called a monster didn’t exactly make him inclined to behave himself.

The pink-haired girl grabbed him but by the shoulder and began to shook him. She was remarkably strong, but then again, that’s what happens when one is intoxicated; they never know their limits. “I'm not afraid of you! You and your… Y-your long Gothic black hair! Is that even your real hair?! I bet you actually have no hair when you turn into your monster form! Huh?!

M-mIss, plEAse stOp shAKiNG me…” Salem started to get dizzy. Why couldn’t the people in this town just leave him alone? What did he do to deserve this? Kick a gypsy’s puppy? Yet another well-endowed woman arrived on the scene. At least this one appeared to be attempting to diffuse the situation rather than to add fuel to this fire. The curvaceous woman was trying to calm the pink-haired girl down, reminding her that she had too much to drink. However, she came to an abrupt pause and Salem could see why. Nay, he could feel why. As if the blood on his white shirt wasn’t enough, now he had a nice shade of beige fluids in the form of vomit to go with it.

Salem didn’t even make a reaction. He wasn’t sure whether he felt disgust, exhaustion, or rage. Maybe he went full circle on all three. This must be a new world record. There was nothing he could say or do that would contribute or take away from the situation. All he wanted was a shower. A billion showers. Maybe more. Maybe never set foot out of the bathroom again. After all, he felt he would never be clean again. “Everybody. Out. Now.

I don't know what stressed me first__________________
Or how the pressure was fed_________________
But I know just what it feels like_________________
To have a voice in the back of my head!________________

The Longest Dream Remains

Lots of things happened. Too many things.

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

User Image

i'm still here: small grocery store, leaving ▰ in my sights: employee with dreadlocks, boojum ▰ vital signs: i guess i dodged a bullet. ...this is why i don't tell jokes.

Some people may have found it strange that a man who apparently pulled a gun on a cashier ended up being just as panicked as said cashier—but Kessler was too busy being said panicked gunman to notice. His heart was pounding so furiously he thought it might shatter his rib cage like glass. If he quickly pulled Ghost back into his pocket now, could everything go back to normal? Would the cashier notice? Of course she had noticed—her wide eyes told him so clearly. So what was he supposed to do? Maybe he could run now, screw the aspirin, screw it all; but his head was spinning too rapidly for him to pick his feet up—

"Kessler, my friend," a low voice called, and Kessler turned his head sharply as a sinewy gray hand snatched Ghost from his clammy grip. His eyes met a pair that seemed to give off the same hot glow of fire, reflecting on the chains strung like perverse bondage gear across his ashen body. Kessler's panic fleetingly shifted to confusion before he hammered it into anger.

"If you needed money you should have just asked, not attempt to use your guns as currency," Boojum said with a low-tide smile that didn't quite lap into his eyes. His cold hand sent chills down Kessler's spine as the other handed his gun back. "Especially not to a lady who deals in groceries."

The eerie smile, the patronizingly friendly way of address, the casual way he returned Kessler's weapon and main defense... Kessler could tell the grim other was mocking him; challenging him, perhaps, and he was far too addled by codeine to realize he was trying to avoid making a scene in a human-populated public. Before the signals from his brain could reach his arm, the latter was raised, brandishing Ghost against Boojum.

A flash of brownish-red caught his eye, however, and Kessler's gaze twitched to the side, where he found the glasses-and-dreads employee leaning casually against the broom he had been sweeping with a moment prior. There was no hint of panic or even discomfort in his frankly bored-looking eyes, and after a moment of muffled sound, as if Kessler were listening from underwater, he realized the employee was speaking to him, asking him and Boojum to step outside.

"My boss doesn't do well in these situations. Neither do my coworkers."

And apparently you do, Kessler thought, still gripping Ghost. He briefly wondered what this man did on a regular basis to be unfazed by a gun. He blinked, and when his lids lifted like a shutter, the rust and blood from the otherworld had vanished into the more-or-less tidy tile floor of the grocery store. Glancing at Boojum, Kessler found the grim monster replaced by a bored-looking man in a pristine black suit—according to most townsfolk, none other than Silent Hill's mayor himself. Nice going, Kess, he thought bitterly. Not only had he accidentally showed his gun to the cashier; he had actively pulled it on what was supposedly the mayor. Kessler knew what the man really was, however, so his scowl didn't leave his face.

"So, what do you say?"

Kessler flinched and mentally kicked himself afterwards. The employee was still standing there, waiting for him to leave, and Kessler assumed the cops would be involved soon if he didn't oblige. He managed to shove Ghost into his pocket without dropping it.

"R...Right," he muttered, keeping his eyes narrowed on Boojum. "Sorry."

He waited for Boojum to turn and leave first—nothing could make him put his back to an other. As he was leaving, he glanced over his shoulder to see if the dreadlocks-sporting employee was following them. He wasn't sure why he was wondering, but the guy had admittedly caught his attention for responding so nonchalantly to the situation. To put it bluntly, Kessler may have made a bit more of a mess if that employee hadn't been so blasé about firearms.

▸▶► ♟ ◄◀◂

Negatrash S e n s e i
aleksa6

Dangerous Friend

User Image

⋯⋯ ┉┉ ┅┅ llynalyxx lillixx kaikanx │ i │xx │ w │ i │ l │ l │xx│ o │ v │ e │ r │ c │ o │ m │ e │
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
on an adventure: Diner ┅ a new friend: Friend? No, just three 'monsters'. A guy, and two girls ┅ on my mind: afjdgs$@!
I was so happy when you smiled
xxxxYOUR smile breaks through the clouds of gray
xxxxxxxxxxxxxFAR from the sunny days that lie in sleep.
WAITING with patience for the spring
WHEN the flowers will bloom, renewed againxxxx
KNOWING there's more beyond the pain of today. xxxxxxxxxx

After throwing up on the dark-haired male-'monster', Llynally let all the weight in her head fall to the side. Her face was pressed against him. The remaining residue on her mouth managed to wipe off onto the guy so that Llynally had none on herself. She could have sworn she had heard a female voice in all of the mess from behind her. In fact, that voice was somewhat familiar, but Llynally wasn't in a sober enough state to determine who it was. All she had to do was turn around and look, yes, but then again her head felt like it weighed a ton.

“Everybody. Out. Now.” That was all Llynally could hear before she pushed herself away from the guy she just threw up all over. Again, that big head of her's decided to fall towards one side. This time she stumbled a few steps to the left and hit the edge of a nearby table with her hip. She quickly grabbed hold of it so that she would not fall over. Llynally shook her head, and then she squinted her eyes to see who the third person was. The familair voice that belonged to a lady was none other than another 'monster' lady she had met prior to meeting everyone else there. She suddenly laughed hysterically.

"There's really three monsters now. Three..." Llynally held up four count of fingers. "You think you guys will scare me out of town? I think I'll stay, and I'll defeat all of you." She pointed both hand's index finger at the three in front of her. Llynally took a few step forward, tripped over her own foot, stumbled forward, and then hit her face against the pillow breasts of the woman who was claiming to be her friend. She couldn't do this anymore. Her world spun much too rapidly for her, and she couldn't breathe. Llynally's lights went out, and she fell limp onto the floor with a -Thud!-

ALTHOUGH the scars of yesterday remain
xxxxYOU can go on living as much as your heart believes.
xxxxxxxxxxYOU can't be born again, although you can change.
LET'S stay together, always!xxxx

⋯⋯ ┉┉ ┅┅┅┅ ┉┉ ⋯⋯

-Moon Fire Liako-

aleksa6

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
User Image

▏▏▏▎▎▍▍OOJUM │ d │ e │ n │ i │ l │ l │xx │ f │ e │ r │ r │ u │ m │ o │ r │ i │ s │
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━━━━━━━━┛
]WHERE: In front of the MallWITH: KesslerDOING: Socializing
I MUST HAVE DREAMED A THOUSAND DREAMS
xxxxxxxxxxBEEN HAUNTED BY A MILLION SCREAMS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBUT I CAN HEAR THE MARCHING FEET
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHEY'RE MOVING INTO THE STREET
DID YOU READ THE NEWS TODAY?
THEY SAY THE DANGER HAS GONE AWAYxxxxxx
BUT I CAN SEE THE FIRE'S STILL ALIGHT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
THEY'RE BURNING INTO THE NIGHTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As Denill turned to face one of the staff members of the local grocery, he immediately took note of whom was speaking to him. The man apparently didn’t know who the mayor was, but the mayor knew him all too well. Derek Love, one of the more unnoticed residents of Silent Hill, and, barring the tourists, the most recent, counting his sister. Carnivores, to be sure, Derek and Amy had caused him quite a lot of problems since their arrival in Silent Hill (it didn’t take long to put two and two together and discover that they were the forces behind the missing people, what with it all starting at their arrival). Oh, the paperwork he needed to fill out to cover their tracks just to keep the illusion that this was a peaceful, quiet town. So many identities that needed to be wiped from the face of Earth to avoid suspicion, and all those loose ends he needed to… tie up, to say the least. Honestly, Derek was more trouble than he was worth, but Denill couldn’t be bothered to make him vanish for two reasons; one, he was killing humans in secret and thus liberating their souls to a better world. He could commend that, even if that wasn’t Derek’s intention. Two, Derek hadn’t concerned him, nor had he actively gone out and attempted to get in Denill’s way. Denill hadn’t budged a muscle, but if one listened very carefully, one could hear a low sigh of exasperation escape his lips. Denill’s cold, dead gaze had slowly made its way to Derek. “If you two are done here, I suggest talking outside of the store. My boss doesn't do well in these situations. Neither do my coworkers.

Oh, look, he cares. Denill thought ironically, his out-of-place smile stretching into something a tad more sarcastic.

Come now, Mr. um… *ahem!* Mr. Love.” Denill couldn’t bring himself to say the man’s name with a straight face. “What an ironic name.” He mumbled quietly to himself, not sure if anybody heard him, though even if they did, they’d probably think he was referring to the man’s dismissive attitude. “Is that any way to treat a customer? You’ll scare away our tourists, you know. That will surely damage our little town’s income.” He turned to the cashier, his smile returning to its “kinder” appearance. He placed an apple juice pack on the table and pushed the aspirin tablets by its side, indicating that he would pay for both. “My friend Kessler here seems to be a little on edge. As is expected of a man who carries his firearm around. Try to pay him no mind.” He told the cashier, hoping that would calm her down before things got ugly with the cops. Calling the gunman a “friend of the mayor, himself” would certainly make the situation look more like an accident rather than a prevented arm robbery. Of course, he had been saying this to Derek as well, even though he had not turned to face him.

Just as he reached for his wallet and placed the cash down on the counter. Denill felt cold steel press against his back as Kessler pulled the gun on him a brief period after Denill handed it back and grabbed the aspirin and one of the apple juice boxes, but neglected to take the rest. The look in Denill’s eyes hadn’t changed, although his smile had completely faded into a sort of blankness that didn’t seem to indicate any emotion at all. Perhaps fear would have been the best option, but Denill wasn’t scared. Not because he didn’t think Kessler could kill him. Actually, at this angle, he very likely could have with a single shot, and Denill wouldn’t be able to retaliate fast enough. But even if Kessler did pull the trigger, he’d still lose. He’d live, but still lose. Lose the only thing that mattered to the poor soul, while Denill would be reunited with his beloved God in paradise.

Denill slowly turned to look Kessler in the eyes, who had shortly thereafter retracted his gun and holstered it. Perhaps he finally understood the situation, or perhaps his “conscious” got the better of him. Denill couldn’t tell, but results were all that mattered to him, so he didn’t really care. He turned back to the cashier, flashing her one last kind-hearted smile before turning away. “So, what do you say?” That was Derek, still insisting on having the two of them leave. “Alright, alright. No need to rush.” Denill unwrapped the straw of the juice box and stuck it into the aluminum-foil covered hole, reaching for the aspirin and turning away from the counter and towards the door. He walked past the bespectacled red-head, stopping in front of him for one quick word. “You know, if somebody else was mayor, they’d probably have you fired for that attitude of yours. I’m not so petty, but you would be wise to be a little bit more polite when I’m out of office.” As if that was happening. Denill wasn’t to be reunited with his God any time soon, given his… “condition.” Sticking the straw in his mouth and slurping obnoxiously loudly from the juice box, he walked outside to meet Kessler.

With the automatic doors sliding behind him, he pulled the juice box away from his mouth, though he didn’t look Kessler in the eye. “I take it from the gun in my back a moment earlier you are displeased with something. Am I correct?” He slowly turned his head to face the absurdly tall man, his eyebrows fixed in the same place they always had been. "Was it something I said?” He turned away from Kessler, eyeing the town. He could see both sides to it, both sides to every person. Through one eye, he had seen greenery and flowers decorating every nook and cranny between buildings, a view of Toluca Lake peaking through the alleyways, and the people walking around living their daily lives, oblivious to the secrets underneath the town. How revolting. Through the other eye, he had seen the reality of things. The people, who were once walking sacks of meat, were replaced with very literal sacks of meat with appendages that vaguely resembled legs walking around a town with a black hole for a sky, littered with decrepit buildings and blood in the streets. The real world, as Denill believed it to be: grotesque, spiteful, and generally ugly. “Perhaps it was my condescending tone.” He continued, taking a quick sip from the juice box before turning back to Kessler. “You’ll have to forgive me for that. How else does one respond to a 'monster' who does not wish to be a 'monster?'” When Denill said the words “monster,” he did so with an ironic tone in his voice, like he didn’t truly believe that to be the case. “Look around you, friend.” He looked back at the citizens, who were seemingly minding their own business. “The world is an ugly place, has been ever since our God vanished. People hurt and betray each other in the streets, sometimes out of some sort of perceived necessity. Sometimes because they enjoy it. But we, Kessler, the ‘monsters’ as you put it, do it to the people who deserve it. The people who need to be punished for their crimes. The people you claim to defend are the people whom we need to defend this town from. Can you not see that?

THERE'S TOO MANY MEN, TOO MANY PEOPLE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxMAKING TOO MANY PROBLEMS, AND
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHERE'S NOT MUCH LOVE TO GO AROUND
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAN'T YOU SEE THIS IS A LAND OF CONFUSION?
THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN
AND THESE ARE THE HANDS WE'RE GIVENxxxxxx
USE THEM AND LET'S START TRYING xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TO MAKE IT A PLACE WORTH LIVING INxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tortured Life, Dreary Reality
╔══════════════╗
Denill tries to calm everybody down.
Denill pays for the Aspirin and one Apple Juice Box.
Denill is surprised to see Kessler hold a gun to him.
Kessler lowers the gun.
Denill goes outside the Grocery Store.
Denill tries to convince Kessler to do the "right" thing.
╚══════════════╝

STAND UP AND LET'S START SHOWING
JUST WHERE OUR LIVES ARE GOING TO
━━━━ ☪ ━━━━

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

User Image
tab tab tab tab tab TASTE THE tab LIES, tab LIES, tab LIES
tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇ tab ▇▇
▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
I TASTE THE LIES, LIES, LIES I DRINK THE LIES, LIES, LIES I TASTE THE LIES, LIES, LIES I DRINK THE LIES, LIES, LIES I TASTE THE LIES, LIES, LIES I DRINK THE LIES, LIES, LIES I TASTE THE LIES, LIES, LIESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'M STILL HERE: outside the supermarket IN MY SIGHTS: boojum VITAL SIGNS: dizzy, groggy, angry. what else is new?

▸▶► [FIGHT]lx WHILE I'Mlx [ALIVE]
tab tab tab I SEE YOU NOW, NO LESS THAN LIGHT
◄◀◂
TAKE IT AWAY I NEVER THOUGHT I'D LET IT GROW THIS CANCER INSIDE THE VILLAIN PLAYS THE VICTIM SO WELL MAKE ME BELIEVE I DRINK THE LIES THIS SUICIDE JUST PUT ME TO SLEEP, FALL OVER MExxxxxxxxxxxx
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

It wasn't easy for Kessler to keep his fist clenched at his side as Boojum bought not only a pack of apple juice boxes (which he promptly wasted by leaving the majority in the store while he took only one) but his aspirin, too. He didn't need a monster like Boojum to pay for his medicine. Moreover, he felt insulted. His teeth were chattering, but he wasn't cold—on the contrary, he was so furious he wasn't entirely sure his jaw could last much longer without snaking into small fissures. Not to mention the groggy veil that still covered his vision from his deicision to pop nearly an entire bottle of codeine. It was difficult to think clearly through the medicine. Still, he told himself he had to keep his cool until they were out of the store. Then he could accost Boojum.

As they finally made their way outside, Kessler kept his gaze (or rather, glare) locked steadily on Boojum, examining his every move though his vision was a blurry step behind Boojum's casual gait. The other was slurping noisily on the single juice box he had managed to snag from the store, and the sound grated irritatingly against Kessler's ears. He had no free hands to cover his ears, however—one was locked on Ghost, and the other was releasing as much tension as he could by squeezing into a painfully tight fist.

Boojum spoke suddenly in the same bored, easy manner he had been speaking before, and Kessler found himself flinching. He wasn't startled or—God forbid—afraid, but every sound seemed to be magnified in his ringing hearing. The suit-clad other asked whether his condescending tone or something he had said had offended Kessler, and Kessler simply narrowed his eyes. You could've been a saint and I still would have aimed at you, he wanted to say. I know how many you've killed. Silent Hill's beloved mayor, my a**.

But he kept his mouth shut as Boojum continued to speak. "How else does one respond to a 'monster' who does not wish to be a 'monster?'" With that, Kessler started, taking a step closer as if to strike the insolent other. Mid-step, however, his mind faltered, and he fell back into a begrudging step with Boojum. He knew the other was right, of course. He was a monster pretending to be a hero. Still, it was only natural to flinch when someone rubbed salt in your wound.

"The world is an ugly place ever since our God vanished," Boojum said, and then he began to lecture Kessler about the importance of hunting the unfortunates: they were the ones who deserved the punishment, the ones who committed crimes for which fate demanded recompense. But Kessler was scarcely listening through the blood roaring in his ears.

A moment later, his voice roared at a similar pitch, though he was aware that his words were vaguely slurred from grogginess. "I'm not buying this self-righteous posturing," he snapped. "You say the world has gone to s**t since our God disappeared—maybe it's His damn fault everything's so screwed up. Maybe if He had kept some of those lofty promises about watching out for us, loving us, forgiving us, this wouldn't be a world of crime and punishment."

At this point, it was entirely unclear whether Kessler and Boojum were speaking of the same God, but Kessler did nothing to rein in his passionate rage. "Who is some detached deity to decide what's right and what's sin? If you sucked people dry of everything that made them sinful, they'd be husks. The people I've seen here—some of them don't even know why they're here. They're full of fear, not guilt. Some of them are guilty, but I know they're blameless. And maybe some of them do deserve it—but they can get out. As long as there's a way out for them, I will help them find it. They need a... a second chance."

Even as he said this, a voice trickled chillingly down the back of his skull. And whom aren't you giving a second chance?

Does everyone deserve a second chance?

Does everyone want to change?

He gritted his teeth and shook his head to clear the cobwebs out. "If that means turning my back on this God, then amen," he growled, referencing the meaning of the word: "so be it."

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
xxxxxxxxxxxxTAKE IT AWAY I NEVER THOUGHT I'D LET IT GROW THIS CANCER INSIDE THE VILLAIN PLAYS THE VICTIM SO WELL MAKE ME BELIEVE I DRINK THE LIES THIS SUICIDE JUST PUT ME TO SLEEP, FALL OVER ME
[BREAK]lx YOU'RE FALLINGlx [AWAY] ◄◀◂
▸▶► GRAVITY LIES, I SEE IT DIExxxxxxx
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

▸▶► YOURlx GRAVITYlx DIES ◄◀◂
▸▶► ♟ ◄◀◂

aleksa6

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out