Welcome to Gaia! ::

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

W I T H x Y O U R x B A C K xT O xT H Ex M O N S T E R S,x Y O U ' R Ex B A C Kx T O x T H Ex M O N S T E R S.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AREx YOUx HAPPY?

Are you happy with your tedious slog from nine to five every day? Do you feel satisfied or stressed with your duties and responsibilities, your family and friends? Is every day settling into a blandly comfortable routine, mornings and nights blending together into a monolith of sameness?

Perhaps it's time for an escape. Consider the sleepy paradise of Silent Hill, bordering the idyllic Toluca Lake. Having long been a relaxing retreat for the golden years, this comely town has been refurbished into a resort of recreation. Come to our town and enjoy a restful weekend, safely sequestered within the walls of small-town congeniality!

Oh, and don't mind the fog. It makes the monsters feel more comfortable.

Are you happy with your skeleton-infested closet? Do you feel proud when you look in the mirror and see monsters leering from the other side, when you throw away yet another letter from a concerned friend you've long turned your back on? Is every day settling into a dimly uncomfortable routine, mornings and nights blending together until you can no longer tell what light looks like?

Maybe you can be happy again. This town can help you or break you: it only matters how willing you are to escape.

We all want to escape from something.

profilesooc

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

W E L C O M Ex T Ox S I L E N Tx H I L L x(S T O R Y)

User Image

For some, it's just a small town. On the cusp of Toluca Lake, Silent Hill has seen many come and go. In recent years, it has become something of a favored vacation spot by virtue of its pleasant scenery and (mostly) friendly locals.

But something lurks beneath the surface of the softly rippling lake. Whispers abound, their validity questionable. Is there something dark and frightening hiding in the pages of Silent Hill's history?

For many of the residents, the town operates as home. Bustling shops, relatively clean streets, and a small-town sense of community give life in Silent Hill a pleasant air. Most of these residents are fortunate enough to have never seen the otherworld.

Is it Hell or a hallucination? It seems nobody who has seen the nightmarish underbelly of the town can agree on what exactly they saw, lending less credence to their concerns in the eyes of the rest of the townsfolk. But the otherworld is only as real as each individual makes it, and with the eldritch location constantly calling new players to its quietly violent game, the town has earned a burgeoning tourist population. Whether this population will be here tomorrow is debatable.

These unfortunate wanderers aren't checked in for life—the town, like a mirror, casts light on the most unsightly faults of each of these individuals, daring them to look away. Only by staring directly into the face of their fears can they escape. But is there room for everyone to be redeemed? Will saving yourself result in the downfall of another?

Welcome to Silent Hill. Wake up. Eat breakfast. Back to the monsters.

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

O B L I V I O U S x T O W N S F O L K?

These are the lucky ones. They live in Silent Hill, whether for generations or a few days, and to them, the town is nothing more than, well, a town. They have the same issues all humans share—family problems, financial stress, personal idiosyncrasies—but for the most part, they are able to go about their lives in a routine fashion, safely hidden from the otherworld. Some of them may have heard the rumors. Some may have opinions on them. Some may even be determined to find this fabled foul side of their town. But when the abyss chooses to overlook you, why would you go out of your way to have a staring contest with it?

U N F O R T U N A T Ex S O U L S

"Unlucky" is putting it lightly, but perhaps it's not unjustified. These are the ones chosen by Silent Hill to witness the otherworld. Whether they are residents or tourists called by the town, something is keeping them from simply hopping into their cars and speeding off. This something generally happens to be nightmarish and potentially fatal. While the town may at times appear normal, it's only a matter of time for these folks until it shifts back into their own personal hellscape. Of course, Silent Hill only targets those who need a bit of a nightmare to force them out of sleep. Only by confronting whatever haunts them most will these conflicted souls be able to escape.

J U D G E S,x J U R I E S,x E X E C U T I O N E R S

Being from the otherworld, these creatures find a natural appellation in "others." They were created by the otherworld, bound to the otherworld, and tasked with carrying out the town's mission against the unfortunate souls it has decided to target. In the town proper, the others appear as normal townsfolk, but in the otherworld, they take on their true, unnatural forms. They can step between the otherworld and the normal town at will, and they possess special abilities in the otherworld, but they are incapable of leaving the town. Some of them may enjoy their job and torturing the towns' targets; others may feel trapped, longing to be "real" and to see life outside of the foggy boundaries of Silent Hill. Even an unfortunate soul is better than none at all.

And which are the true monsters?

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

K N O Wx Y O U Rx P L A C Ex (R U L E S)

You do not need to have intimate knowledge of the Silent Hill series to participate in this role play. We are going to be creating our own plot using the setting of Silent Hill, so don't worry if you aren't familiar with characters or situations from the games!

■ No god-modding, and no controlling another person's character. A character may be killed by another only if both parties have agreed to it beforehand.

■ This is a semi-lit role play. Please try to have at least two good paragraphs for a post. This is about fun above all else, but we need to be able to read your posts!

■ Romance is allowed, but no cybering. This is Silent Hill, so gore and horror is expected, but please don't be gratuitous.

■ If you would like to join, please fill out one of the profile skeletons below and PM it to me. You may play as many characters as you would like as long as you can handle it.

The otherworld and the town are the same place. That is, someone who is in the otherworld and someone who is in the town can see and interact with each other. The differences between the town and the otherworld are due to differences in each person's perception: townsfolk perceive the town as "normal," and unfortunate souls can perceive the town as nightmarish, or as the otherworld.

■ The available classes you can play are oblivious townsfolk (people who do not see the otherworld), unfortunate souls (people who do see the otherworld), and others (manifestations of the otherworld that were created to test or punish the unfortunate souls).

■ Unfortunate souls are targeted by the town for a reason. The otherworld has the same structure for each, with variations in atmosphere due to their personal fears. They may escape the town's influence, but they need to face the reason the town is targeting them in the first place. They may try to leave the town before that, but they will always be called back.

■ Oblivious townsfolk may leave the town as they please. They may also interact with people who are in the otherworld, even if they cannot see the otherworld, and try to provide assistance.

■ Others may not leave the town under any circumstances. They appear normal to anyone who perceives the regular town, but they have altered forms for anyone who perceives them in the otherworld. In addition, they have abilities that can affect only people who perceive them in the otherworld. That is, others cannot affect townsfolk with their abilities.

■ Others can switch their perception between the "normal" town and the otherworld at will. The unfortunate souls may see the town as normal at times, but they cannot control when their perception switches to the otherworld.

■ If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask in the OOC. I will be happy to answer!

■ I may add or change rules as we need them.

C R E D I T
this rp is based off of the silent hill survival horror series.
some of the descriptions and the idea were created in part by aleksa6.

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

P R O F I L E x S K E L E T O N S

Please fill out one of these and PM it to me!

For oblivious townsfolk:

[align=center][color=skyblue][size=12]W I T H [color=white]x[/color] Y O U R [color=white]x[/color] B A C [/color][color=silver][size=12]K [color=white]x[/color]T O [color=white]x[/color]T H E[color=white]x[/color] M O N S T [/color][color=rosybrown][size=12]E R S,[color=white]x[/color][size=12] Y O U ' R E[color=white]x[/color] B [color][color=#A52A2A][size=12]A C K[color=white]x[/color] T O [color=white]x[/color] T [/color][color=crimson][size=12]H E[color=white]x[/color] M O N S T E R S.[/size][/color][/align][align=center][size=12][color=skyblue]━━━━━━━[/color][color=silver]━━━━━━━[/color][color=rosybrown]━━━━━━━[color][color=#A52A2A]━━━━━━━[/color][color=crimson]━━━━━━━[/color][/size][/align]
[imgleft]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p331/Alexfoosh/back-image_zpslqrhs5hn.jpg[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [align=left][color=COLOR1][size=14]⇢[/size][/color] [size=12][color=COLOR2]welcome to my[/color][/size] [size=14]┄┉⋯[/size][color=COLOR3][size=13]「H O M E」[/size][/color]

[size=10][size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]cogito,[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]E R G O—?[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]my name is[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] full name
[b][color=COLOR1]but you can call me[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] nickname or chosen name
[b][color=COLOR1]i've been around for[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] age in years
[b][color=COLOR1]last i checked, i'm[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] gender
[b][color=COLOR1]best day of the year[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] birthday
[b][color=COLOR1]i'm partial to[/color] [color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] sexuality

[size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]through a glass,[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]D A R K L Y[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]height[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] in feet and inches
[b][color=COLOR1]eye color[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] type here!
[b][color=COLOR1]hair color[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] type here!
[b][color=COLOR1]it builds character[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] list any unusual markings, tattoos, piercings, etc. here, if applicable

[size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]what's hiding in my[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]C L O S E T?[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]my friends know me as[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] describe your character's personality here. list one,
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] two,
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] three traits.
[b][color=COLOR1]my story so far[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] please provide a concise biography.

[size=10][size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]this is my[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]T O W N[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]i'm here because[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] why is your character in Silent Hill? resident, visitor, etc.
[b][color=COLOR1]just a small town[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] how does your character feel about Silent Hill?

[b][color=COLOR1]the abyss gazes[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] describe your character's fears here. list one,
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] three. you can add or remove bullets as needed.

[b][color=COLOR1]before you go[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] list any miscellaneous information here![/size]

[align=right][size=12][color=COLOR3][b]my song[/b][/color][color=COLOR1]:[/color] [color=COLOR2]theme song[/color][/size]
[align=right][size=12][color=COLOR3]█[b] BACK TO THE MUNSTER[/b][/color][color=COLOR1]:[/color] [color=COLOR2]your username[/color][/size]
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

For unfortunate souls:

[align=center][color=skyblue][size=12]W I T H [color=white]x[/color] Y O U R [color=white]x[/color] B A C [/color][color=silver][size=12]K [color=white]x[/color]T O [color=white]x[/color]T H E[color=white]x[/color] M O N S T [/color][color=rosybrown][size=12]E R S,[color=white]x[/color][size=12] Y O U ' R E[color=white]x[/color] B [color][color=#A52A2A][size=12]A C K[color=white]x[/color] T O [color=white]x[/color] T [/color][color=crimson][size=12]H E[color=white]x[/color] M O N S T E R S.[/size][/color][/align][align=center][size=12][color=skyblue]━━━━━━━[/color][color=silver]━━━━━━━[/color][color=rosybrown]━━━━━━━[color][color=#A52A2A]━━━━━━━[/color][color=crimson]━━━━━━━[/color][/size][/align]
[imgleft]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p331/Alexfoosh/back-image_zpslqrhs5hn.jpg[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [align=left][color=COLOR1][size=14]⇢[/size][/color] [size=12][color=COLOR2]welcome to my[/color][/size] [size=14]┄┉⋯[/size][color=COLOR3][size=13]「N I G H T M A R E」[/size][/color]

[size=10][size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]cogito,[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]E R G O—?[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]my name is[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] full name
[b][color=COLOR1]but you can call me[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] nickname or chosen name
[b][color=COLOR1]damn, it's been a while[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] age in years
[b][color=COLOR1]as far as i know, i'm[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] gender
[b][color=COLOR1]another year closer[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] birthday
[b][color=COLOR1]if i had to choose[/color] [color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] sexuality

[size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]through a glass,[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]D A R K L Y[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]eye color[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] type here!
[b][color=COLOR1]hair color[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] type here!
[b][color=COLOR1]it builds character[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] list any unusual markings, tattoos, piercings, etc. here, if applicable

[size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]what's hiding in my[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]C L O S E T?[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]on a good day, i'm[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b]
[b][color=COLOR1]flashback mode[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] please provide a concise biography.

[size=10][size=14][color=COLOR2]▊[/color][/size][size=12][color=COLOR3]this is my[/color][/size] [size=13][color=COLOR1]T O W N[/color][/size]
[b][color=COLOR1]i can't escape[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] why is your character in Silent Hill? resident, visitor, etc. if your character was called to the town, explain that here. you do not need to explain the reason.
[b][color=COLOR1]not just a small town[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] how does your character feel about Silent Hill?
[b][color=COLOR1]hell on earth[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] describe your character's otherworld. how does silent hill manifest their fears?

[b][color=COLOR1]wait, don't leave[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] list any miscellaneous information here![/size]

[align=right][size=12][color=COLOR3][b]my song[/b][/color][color=COLOR1]:[/color] [color=COLOR2]theme song[/color][/size]
[align=right][size=12][color=COLOR3]█[b] BACK TO THE MUNSTER[/b][/color][color=COLOR1]:[/color] [color=COLOR2]your username[/color][/size]
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

For others:

[imgleft]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p331/Alexfoosh/back-image_zpslqrhs5hn.jpg[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [align=left][color=COLOR1][size=14]⇢[/size][/color] [size=12][color=COLOR2]welcome to my[/color][/size] [size=14]┄┉⋯[/size][color=COLOR3][size=13]「C L O S E T」[/size][/color]

[b][color=COLOR1]if i could choose[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] what name do they use when in the "normal" town?
[b][color=COLOR1]but they already have[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] what name are they called in the otherworld?
[b][color=COLOR1]serving sins circa[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] how long have they been tied to Silent Hill?
[b][color=COLOR1]almost human[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] gender, if applicable
[b][color=COLOR1]that time of year again[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] "birthday," or the day they became tied to Silent Hill
[b][color=COLOR1]i don't get many dates[/color] [color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] sexuality, if applicable

[b][color=COLOR1]by day[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] briefly describe their appearance in the "normal" town.
[b][color=COLOR1]by dark[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] briefly describe their appearance in the otherworld.

[b][color=COLOR1]once you get to know me[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b]
[b][color=COLOR1]it all started when[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] please provide a concise biography.

[b][color=COLOR1]a reason for everything[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] why is your character in Silent Hill? that is, what kind of people was your character created to impede or punish?
[b][color=COLOR1]for better or worse, it's home[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] how does your character feel about Silent Hill and about their role as an other? do they enjoy it, try to avoid it, etc.
[b][color=COLOR1]normal tuesday night for me[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] describe your character's abilities in the otherworld. they can have up to three. one
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] two
[color=COLOR3]■[/color] three

[b][color=COLOR1]no secrets between us[/color][color=COLOR2]:[/color][/b] list any miscellaneous information here![/size]

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

A R Ex Y O U x L O S T?x (M A P)

User Image

Please note that this is not the be-all, end-all of what the town looks like. This is a general guideline if you are unsure where to bring your character. I will be happy to add more locations and maps as we need them.

T O L U C Ax L A K Ex A N Dx P A R K

┄┉⋯day「D R E A M」
The epicenter of activity in the town, Toluca Lake and its bordering park are directly responsible for bringing the town to life. Silent Hill began as a small native settlement on the border of the lake, and colonization transformed it into a center of boating and fishing. In modern times, Silent Hill's economy still revolves around Toluca Lake. Many tourists are attracted to the sparkling water and serene semi-natural park overlooking it, and water hobbies and ferry rides are popular in the town. Being Silent Hill's breadwinner, Toluca Lake and its park are attentively cared to by the locals, but these waters were not always as clear as they now are.
┄┉⋯night「M A R E」
The water may be sparkling still, but it's impossible to tell through the thick fog shrouding the entire surface of the lake and threading through the trees. You may be able to discern distant figures staggering through the fog, but how can you make them out when you can scarcely see your own hands in front of you? Exploring the shore reveals an unmanned boat at the edge of the lake, complete with oars, but how wise it would be to venture into those murky waters is debatable. In the distance and in varying volumes, you can hear what seems to be distress sirens...

T O L U C Ax I N N

┄┉⋯day「D R E A M」
Nothing all too fancy, but it has all you need in order to unwind after a long day. A recreation room, complete with a pool and ping pong table, are found at the lobby, and there is an indoor pool right behind it, the edges lined with a row of beach chairs under a glass ceiling for all your tanning needs. The inn boasts a sturdy hardwood flooring, which is almost always immaculately clean, and the rooms, while not exactly small, are cozy, with a living room doubling as a bedroom and a single bathroom in each. At the top floor is a breakfast diner where everybody goes for a quick meal in the morning before heading outside, and the exterior faces towards the town, away from the church.
┄┉⋯night「M A R E」
Nobody had set foot in this house for years, or if they did, they had probably done so just to mess up the place. Dirt and cobwebs litter the scene, decrepit floorboards made of cheap wood are cracked or broken at every turn, and above the lobby in many places there are massive, gaping holes in the ground that lead straight to the lower floor. Sometimes a hole appears in a place there never was one. Sometimes the hole is gone. Windows are replaced with chain-link fences that seem to separate the person between the room and oblivion, as looking past them and into the outside reveals absolutely nothing but a pitch-black void that leads nowhere. A reddish tint replaces the normally white walls of the inn, and it is impossible to tell if it the walls are reddened from the rust of ancient metal and pipeworks, or if it comes from blood.

O R D E Rx U P!x R E S T A U R A N T

┄┉⋯day「D R E A M」
Order Up! Restaurant is an unfortunately failed franchise that never managed to launch out of Silent Hill, but it did have raving success stuck in the little town by Toluca Lake. Order Up! serves a wide variety of foods and boasts a large set of chefs, but its most popular menu items usually involve European cuisine despite having more items on the menu. The prices for the food are rather steep, but the service is second to none, and the ambiance is well worth the price. The kitchen is visible in plain sight behind a clean window, allowing customers to spectate as their food is prepared, either to learn how to do so themselves or to sate their paranoia in ensuring that the meals and chefs are clean, which in turn pressures the chefs to keep up on their A game. The wine-cellar is open out back, both as a place to buy fine wine, as well as a tourist attraction for enthusiasts who want to see their collection.
┄┉⋯night「M A R E」
The whole building is condemned, and the front and back exists of the restaurants are nailed shut so strongly that despite the decrepit wood, it would take a bodybuilder with a crowbar and leverage to pry it off. "Bugs" (or whatever those fast-moving black spots truly are) scurry around over the dishes which have long since been cracked, and the kitchen looks to be lined up with meat on hooks like it was the back of a butcher shop. The meat doesn't seem to come from any recognizable animal. Not even human. Rather, they appear to be composed of haphazardly stitched together body parts of God-knows-what, although within some of them there do seem to be something among them that look suspiciously like hands...
The sign that says "Order Up! Restaurant" has the last two words obscured entirely, and the wine cellar is gone, replaced by what looks like a never ending stairway which is "connected" to the building via a cracked wall and debris blocking off the outside. Upon exiting the Toluca Inn through the diner, people would end up in the wine cellar in this world, but just from looking at it, you get a nagging suspicion that if you were to go back the same way, you would have no idea where you would end up next...

B R O O K H A V E Nx S H O P P I N Gx C E N T E R

┄┉⋯day「D R E A M」
Once upon a time, this complex was a tiny gathering of local artisan shops. After besting a few square miles of forest, the place has expanded into a busy strip mall inhabited more by chain stores than small businesses. A few of the originals remain, including a locksmith and a fishery, and they manage to survive both by utility and by the tourist's attraction to them. Unfortunately for their owners, the tourists seem to see their businesses more as "gift shops" than as highly specialized trades. How undignified for a centuries-old fishery to be placed next to the latest fad clothing outlet!
For utilities, you can visit the local five-and-dime or the much-bigger supermarket chain that seems determined to swallow the former in its shadow. Contractors are currently negotiating a permit to level more of Silent Hill's verdant greenery for such an ambitious venture as a Wal-Mart.
┄┉⋯night「M A R E」
The few walls that remain of the demolished center of commerce are charred and blackened into sharp, jagged shapes that seem to be pointing towards the ash-clouded sky. The thick atmosphere of the place has the consistency of fog but the choking stench of smoke. The only buildings that remain recognizably intact correspond to the original small businesses of the town. Venture inside the fishery and you will find a shower of fish-hooks dangling from the ceiling. Some of the hooks seem to be holding up strange mannequins. And nobody knows what lies within the locksmith's charred walls because it is, ironically, locked.

L A K E V I E Wx M U S E U M

┄┉⋯day「D R E A M」
Museums are little more than tourist traps, and the Lakeview Museum is no different. After all, the locals have been bored by Silent Hill's history since childhood. Thankfully, the museum has been one of the town's most lucrative ventures since the influx of tourists. The Lakeview Cafe may be a bit more pricey than the nearby restaurant, but does that wannabe chain boast as pristine a view of Toluca Lake? Exhibits detailing the town's humble beginnings from a lake settlement to a boating town abound, including a piece of an allegedly wrecked boat from an infamous accident.
┄┉⋯night「M A R E」
Strangely, while none of the sinks in the public restrooms seem willing to expel water anymore, the entire place looks as if a flood has moved in and out. "Water spot" is an understatement; the walls and floors seem to be browned and grayed in their entirety by "water sections." Proceeding to the basement, where exhibits are stored when not in season, will reveal both extreme darkness and extreme wetness up to the knees. The basement is half-submerged in water, but an emergency generator can be heard chugging in the distance.
Sound almost seems diluted in this place as if it were being heard from underwater. Is that distant sound a boat horn or your imagination?

B A L K A Nx C H U R C H

┄┉⋯day「D R E A M」
A church known only to locals as "Christian," specific denomination largely unknown. Once the communal center of the town, its congregation numbers have largely declined in recent years as attention has diverted towards the bustling tourist economy of the town. Nevertheless, this humble mission still oversees marriages in the town and charity work throughout, and people still turn to the holy steeple when they need to dispose of the departed. The cemetery is clean and well-kept, with plenty of flowers to obscure the dead visitors walk upon.
┄┉⋯night「M A R E」
If a God exists, He turns His back on this shrine of deceit. Upon first glance, the Balkan Church seems to be a rare safe zone in the otherworld, free of rust and broken windows, but closer inspection reveals otherwise. Far be it from the town to go for something as obvious as inverted crosses and bleeding statues; the interior of the church appears almost too clean, making the wanderer who strays inside feel filthy by comparison. All of the statues of the saints therein are strangely missing their hands, and hanging from the cross at the altar is a knotted cat-o'-nine-tails. The cemetery is shrouded in a strange fog, but you may discern that there is something more than just flowers growing out of the soil...

A L C H E M I L L Ax H O S P I T A L

┄┉⋯day「D R E A M」
Alchemilla has been around since before pesky things like health insurance limited the amount of out-of-pocket you could charge patients. Once largely run by clergy, the medical center has enjoyed modern upgrades including fully-trained staff, a health and fitness center, and even a special ward for mental health treatment. Alchemilla is committed to keeping everyone traipsing around the playground of Silent Hill as safe and healthy as possible. But having stood for a number of centuries, the hospital has also watched a number of patients pass away within its walls.
┄┉⋯night「M A R E」
Many patients in hospitals are rendered uncomfortable by the surplus of white. They needn't worry about that in the otherworld. The clean, sunny hospital is transformed into an ashen, rotting fortress of malady. The walls are splattered in what could be blood or antiseptic—the darkness makes it hard to tell— and the air is so damp and heavy it feels that one is infecting their lungs simply by walking through. Strange, clawing sounds can be heard coming from the morgue, but the stairway leading to it is broken, and who would dare to jump down? You may find what seems to be some of the nurses wandering the halls; rest assured, however, they are not looking to treat you.

The monster in your closet can be just as easily found in your mirror.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

W H O 'Sx I N x C H A R G E?x
Defender Of Stories: co-host
aleksa6: co-host
Negatrash S e n s e i: moderator

If you have any questions, feel free to ask one of us!

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

khurch's Husbando

Unholy Friend

User Image

You may now post.

C U R R E N T xS E A S O N
Late winter/early spring (think mid-March)

C U R R E N T xW E A T H E R
Sunny and cool, mid-forties

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
User ImageS å l e m [(B)(o)(n)(e)(s)]
__________________Why does it feel like night today?
_________________Something in here's not right today.
_________________Why am I so uptight today?
_________________Paranoia's all I got left!

It had been a week since the relatively famous Salem Bones had departed from his apartment in the city to take a break in the allegedly quiet town of Silent Hill and see if it lives up to its own name. He hadn't been here long enough to encounter the peace and quiet the first portion of its name implies, and he hadn't seen any hills, either. So far, this was turning into a case of false advertising, and he was tempted to sue whoever was the person in charge of naming this place in the first place.

To its credit, the reason Silent Hill wasn't silent had nothing to do with the town itself. Rather, it was as quiet as a mouse. But Salem had been suffering nightmares for as long as he can remember and it was getting difficult to distinguish between dream and reality at this point. He had come to Silent Hill to see if maybe the fresh air would dispel the curse that is his blocked passage into dreamland, but so far he did not have any luck. To add to the stress, he couldn't even leave for his apartment, the one place he considered himself safe and comfortable.

"What do you mean you can't fix my car?" The restrained voice of a disgruntled horror novelist rang through the room at the Toluca in. He wanted to yell the other man's ears off over the phone, but he decided to give said person the benefit of the doubt and at least hear him out, although he could already tell that he was not going to like the answer.

"We're doing everything we can, sir, but we have no idea what's causing your car to bug out like this." The voice said apologetically, but Salem was sure that if he were to be there in person, he'd find him and the other car mechanics lounging on a couch in front of an old, CRT TV with a beer in their hand. "Rest assured, we're doing everything we can. The customer is our priority!"

"Yeah, right."

"What?"

"I said 'yeah, thanks.'" Salem "repeated," pressing the End Call button before slamming the phone back into the charger before dropping himself on to the side of the bed, face in the palm of his hands. He dragged his hands down along the side of his face, stretching his skin, as if to open his pores and magically let the stress out through them, before deciding that was not going to do any good. He needed a cigarette. He was so on edge lately. Stupid no-smoking hotel policy... He didn't want to go outside. That would mean he would come across people, which would mean he would probably have to talk with them, knowing his luck. It was a small town. If he had to listen to another person say "are you new around here?" so help him, he would... He took a deep breath, the tiny dreamcatcher dangling from his left ear tapping him against the side of his head not helping lighten things up as he exhaled. He reached for the pack of smokes a his desk and slipped one out of the carton, placing the butt between his lips before heading outside through the lobby of the inn.

I don't know what stressed me first__________________
Or how the pressure was fed_________________
But I know just what it feels like_________________
To have a voice in the back of my head!________________

The Longest Dream Remains

Salem is having car trouble.
He's feeling stressed...
Salem decides to go outside for a walk and to smoke a Cigarette.

In a relationship with Lukan Wolf

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn't have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose

Quirky Teenager
Gamer Otaku
Curvy Bombshell
Oblivious Townsfolk

Matilda Flynn

Ah, a lovely March day in Silent Hill!

Matilda "Mattie" Flynn had just moved there about two months ago all the way from the far suburbs of Chicago. It was quite a change, moving from the boonies of a big city to a small town like this. But Mattie certainly loved it here!

Despite the name, it wasn't all that quiet, since it was a quickly growing vacation town. And it wasn't that bumpy either, which made it perfect for cycling!

Honestly, Mattie didn't even get into bicycles until moving here and realizing she was incapable of driving. The logical step would be bikes. Who would've guessed she'd be so good and fixing and customizing them, and with her riding skills, she fit in great with both the BMX crowd and the anime, manga, and gamer crowds of the town, however small they were!

Dressed in some brown Mary Janes, black stocking on her plump legs, a short brown pleated skirt, and a tight pink sweater, Mattie looked rather mousey today, a look that was completed with her black-framed glasses and hair tied up into a bun. She was dressed for the chilly weather today, but that wouldn't stop her from enjoying ol' Victory Buster! Her bike, that is.

With her pudgy build, oversized breasts, wide hips, and large bubble butt, Matilda was often thought to be an easy woman. Though she had a lackadaisical attitude toward nudity, and very odd views on it, Matilda was still a nerd at heart, and was actually still a virgin...

She also happened to be a total klutz. In fact, she was surprised that she hadn't wiped out yet. Maybe her luck had changed suddenly?

Uh oh... She thought too soon. Just as she was passing in front of the Toluca Inn, a run in her stocking caught in her bike chain. And the inevitable happened.

it was a recurring Godly joke, almost a curse, that Matilda's clumsiness often ruined her clothes. So naturally, the first article of business as time seemed to slow was her right stocking to get torn off as it was reeled into the bike chain. What followed was a sudden stop that sent her bike jumping forward seemingly against gravity. She flew forward a foot or two, skidding on the pavement in front of the inn in a manner that looked worse than it actually was. She was surprisingly unarmed, not even any scrapes or bruises, though her nose started bleeding pretty bad.

The purse she had sitting in her basket was similarly ejected, but miraculously, only one thing flew out of it. A hardcover copy of "The Other Side of Darkness" by Salem Bones.

Her head reeling, it seemed Matilda's bike was fine, and her was only in pain from blunt force trauma. The real damage was, as always, her clothes.

Right stocking reduced to shreds? Check. Both Mary Janes lost a few yards up the road? Check. Her glasses having ejected themselves a few feet up the road, leaving her blinded? Check. Skirt? It had slid down to her knees from the sliding on the pavement, leaving her completely bare rear end sticking straight up in the air. Always a spaz, she had of course forgotten to wear underwear today, essentially mooning the heavens right now.

Worse of all? Her sweater. The front was heavily shredded from the skidding. leaving only a few scraps in the front to keep her decent, revealing that she was going entirely commando and freeballing as well, purely out of forgetfulness. Her hair had miraculously stayed in its bun, but was rather unkempt from the tussle.

The poor girl attempted to pull herself to her feet, but only fell back down on her two oversized airbags.

"Owchie..."

That was an understatement for a girl with hypersensitivity to pain...

Location: Silent HIll - Streets - Just in front of Toluca Inn
Company: Salem Bones
Mood: Pained
Thinking: "Ow ow ow ow ow..."
Wearing: Pink sweater; Brown pleated skirt; Black stockings; Brown Mary Janes; Black framed glasses; no underwear (forgotten)

My heart is under arrest again
But I break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can't choose
I swear I'll never give in
I refuse

Inventory

Purse Contents: [Smartphone] [Wallet] [Keyring] [Inhaler] [Tampon (x3)] [Notepad] [Pen (x2)] [Condom] [Nintendo 3DS] [Cheesecake Calorie Mate] [Beef Jerky] [Trail Mix] [Energy Drink] [Protein Shake] [Health Drink] [Bottled Water] [Water Flavoring Packets (~)] [Energy Gel] [Power Bar] [Candy Bar] [Hard Candy] [Bubblegum] [Strawberry Pocky]
On Ground: [Purse] ["The Other Side of Darkness" by Salem Bones]

Combat Stats

Injuries: Bloody nose; hair tussled; surprisingly unharmed otherwise
Clothing Damage: One stocking completely shredded; both Mary Janes lost a few yards up the road; skirt pushed down to knees, revealing lack of underwear; sweater torn in front leaving only a few scraps saving her decency; glasses ejected to a few feet up the road, vision heavily impaired without them;
Stamina: 70%
Fatigue: 15%
Calories: 40%

aleksa6

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
User ImageS å l e m [(B)(o)(n)(e)(s)]
__________________Why does it feel like night today?
_________________Something in here's not right today.
_________________Why am I so uptight today?
_________________Paranoia's all I got left!

"Good day, Mr. Salmons Bones."

Salem resisted the urge to reprimand the receptionist of the inn, for fear of the individual perhaps suffering from dyslexia. The urge to correct her had swollen into what felt like a physical ball in his throat; words that were desperately trying to come out, but common sense prompted him to swallow them and keep his irritation to himself. Ironically, he came to Silent Hill for vacation to unwind and lower his stress, but between the car troubles and the "Salmons Bones," it only added to the onslaught of nightmares he continues to face despite being out of the inner city's gaseous fumes. "Good day." Salem said, forcing a smile to the attendant, who smiled genuinely in return. "That's 'Salem,' mind you." He said, trying to sound as calm as he could.

"Oh, of course! My apologies. I trust you had a good sleep?" That wasn't a question Salem was inclined to answer. So, he didn't.

"I'm going to be needing to stay here a tad longer." Salem said, walking over to the counter. "It turns out my car still isn't back from the shop. Honestly, if I didn't know any better, I'd say the mechanics don't want me to leave."

"Can you blame them? It's a small town, after all." The receptionist giggled. "Even if it's a tourist town, new faces are always a welcome change of pace from people we've grown accustomed to." She began to scribble some information in a notebook. "Don't worry, if this keeps up, we'll extend your stay free of charge. Business is a little on the slow side, anyway."

"I appreciate it." Salem said, the forced smile looking a bit more genuine than before.

---

Whap!

He hadn't even been outside a minute and already something went wrong. The cigarette went flying from his face and put itself out on the floor. With the cigarette gone, his lips had been met with a new contender for real estate for his face: "The Other Side of Darkness," written by Salem Bones, himself.

One way or another, his nightmares managed to find a way to haunt him. Even if he wasn't asleep, it seems. "Mmph!" He grunted, peeling the hardcover book from his newly reddened face, a scowl replacing his smile from earlier. "Who in the...?!" He grunted, looking for a sign of who could have literally thrown the book at him. Never in his life did he expect to have to put "literally" in front of that phrase. All he could see were blurs of a figure falling off a bicycle and sliding across the ground. The figure's glasses skidded towards him, tapping against his foot. He knelt down, almost losing his balance from the dizziness. Picking up the glasses and dusting them off, he began to approach the figure. Too bad he couldn't say "get some glasses, punk!" to the crazy cyclist who bopped him in the head with the book.

As he drew closer, his vision started to clear, revealing a (very) well-endowed and curvaceous woman on the ground. Honestly, he had never seen such massive... features on a woman before. Salem was taken aback a bit upon seeing them, still taking it all in, but succeeded in suppressing his hormones and averting his gaze from her breast, looking her straight into her eyes. That is, he did so, until he realized that the fabric on her sweater was so torn up that the woman might as well not even wear the sweater in the first place. Yeeeeee~! Salem gasped, mentally. This was certainly not a situation he ever could have prepared himself for. This was bad. People were watching! Yet he persisted, continuing to run towards her until he was close enough to touch them help her back on her feet, and maybe get her inside somewhere for a change of clothes. "Y-You a-a-a-alright?" He asked, kneeling down beside her, extending a hand to help her up. People were staring at the two of them. Who wouldn't? There he was, trying to casually help a curvaceous woman, who was all but flat-out naked in the middle of the streets! He did his best to pay the people no mind, as well as to pay the woman's own body no mind, as he continued to speak to her. "I... I don't want to alarm you, but... Y-You're not exactly in a-a-a-appropriate attire for the outdoors r-right now." He spoke quietly and tried to remain calm, but his voice was fluctuating pitches at random from the embarrassment of the situation. If he at least had a coat or something to give to her! Looks like they would need to double-back to the hotel to get something to replace the sweater. "Come on, the inn's right t-there. Let's go find you a change of clothes!" He said, helping the woman up to her feet. They could worry about the stuff she dropped later. At least he salvaged the glasses and the book.

I don't know what stressed me first__________________
Or how the pressure was fed_________________
But I know just what it feels like_________________
To have a voice in the back of my head!________________

The Longest Dream Remains

Salem extends his stay at the Toluca Inn.
Salem is hit by one of his own books!
Salem tries to confront the person who hit him with the book.
He's distracted by her cuves...
The person is practically naked!
Salem tries to get her inside the Toluca Inn before everybody sees.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff