Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

la boulange
User ImageUser Image

Rocket's round ears tilted back a bit before they turned little by little to sort of 'survey' the surroundings, at least until Gamora spoke up. He was still standing on Groot's shoulder but seeing as nothing too dramatic seemed to be going on, he would have been willing to climb down, if it wasn't for the fact he actually liked being higher up than people now and then. He opted to sit instead for the time being.

His paw left the handle of his gun, and went towards his neck trying to adjusted his own tie, which seemed to keep moving off kilter a bit enough to bother him. He gave up after Will asked them all a question, one of those questions he loved to answer. "We're the Guardians of the Galaxy," Rocket informed her, "and that's trademarked, by the way."

"So looks like we missed out on all the action... Party's not over though, is it? I mean we just fricken got here!" he said, hoping that their efforts on trying to 'fit in' for this Gala was not going to be completely pointless, and he could tell Groot was eager to interact with others too.

Separated Genius

12,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Millionaire 200
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image Anthony Stark User Image

~Genius, Playboy, Billionaire, Philanthropist...oh and Iron Man~

Tony was getting up when the assassin threw the smoke bomb, noticing the thief poking at him as he tried to scan for the man's escape path," Do you have a purpose to that?" He said a bit sharp. Seeing Jean leaning against the wall he walked over, and after making sure she was alright he rubbed her back,"Thank you. If you need anything, just contact Ms.Potts and she'll get back to me." Looking at Steve, he felt that Steve was misinterpreting what was occurring, but before he could respond he noticed Jennifer and some creature that looked like a tree sticking out like a sore thumb.
As he passed by Steve, he placed a hand on his shoulder,"I'm going to see what just walked in. I'm having Jarvis hack into the local cameras and track that man and he'll feed you the intel." Tony continued towards hulked out Jennifer and noticed another green skinned woman and a large raccoon, who was dressed to the nines, accompanying the plant organism.
===
Where I am:
Gala
Whom I'm with:
Few people I like and these others I'm trying to figure out
What am I doing:
Talking and planning
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Valkyrie
Amanda"Amy"Summers
★★★

Amy shot Tony a glare and stopped poking him, the questions she wanted to ask him died on her tongue. She was going to snap back at him but Groot offering her a white rose distracted her. She stared up at the giant with wide eyes, also getting a good look at what looked like a large raccoon in a suite, how adorable. “Thank you...Groot” she said as she takes the rose with her good arm. “Are you an Ent? You look like one” she asks as she twirls the rose lightly with her fingers, before tucking it into her hair behind her ear, she then touches Groot’s hand. “So you are made of wood...interesting” she said, before she looks back at Rocket. “Why is there a talking Raccoon dressed in a kid’s suit on your shoulder?” she asks, raising an eyebrow.

★★★
Where I am:
At the Gala.
Whom I'm With:
everyone.
What I'm Doing:
trying to figure out more about Groot and that raccoon thing.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
CaptainAmerica
StevenGrantRogers
★★★

Steve frowned at Tony, but nodded “Thank you Tony...I’ll deal with that thief” he said as he stepped over to Amy, a serious look on his face. He placed his hand on he shoulder, startling her and turning her to face him. “You have some explaining to do, miss” Steve said in a serious tone. Amy shook her head then quickly hid behind Groot, she would look scared to anyone that wasn't used to seeing someone faking emotions like fear. Steve sighed, he was not good and handling kids. He moved over to her again, grabbing her arm and yanking her out from behind Groot, she tried to pull her arm back of course, which ended with the flower Groot had just given her to fall out of her hair, it was then stepped on by Steve, probably by accident. “Your only making this harder on yourself, miss” Steve said in a bit of an annoyed tone, she did have quite the amount of strength, but it wasn't enough to pull out of Steve’s grip, not when he had a hand securely on her arm.

★★★
Where I am:
Gala at the local art museum.
Whom I'm With:
Everyone
What I'm Doing:
A little pissed off at Tony and the thief, taking it out more on the thief..

Rainbow Lover

User Image

Jennifer She-Hulk Walters

ɪ'ᴍ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴxxxllxxxᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏxxxllxxxᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇxxxllxxxᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ

《 ★ 》ooooᴀᴛᴛɪʀᴇ: ᴏᴜᴛғɪᴛooooᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇooooʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ɢᴀʟᴀ
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image
                                                      She didn't change back yet. She didn't know if the man had completely left after dropping the smoke bomb or was still there but hiding and waiting to strike again once their guard was down. Jennifer didn't want to lower her guard just yet. Besides, she wasn't ashamed of her appearance. She actually preferred this version of herself to her real self sometimes, insecurity issues and all that. However, she'd learn to accept both halves of herself with time.

Despite the tense situation that just occurred, Jennifer did her best to look calm. She knew her cousin didn't have the same control over himself when he was the Hulk. Bruce even referred to the Hulk as 'the other guy', like they were two completely different people. Jennifer didn't have that problem. She had the same intelligence and personality despite the physical change. She was just her. She was the She-Hulk.

The new arrivals were a bit odd to her but then again here she was a six-foot-seven-inch green, strong woman. Seeing them shouldn't be all too shocking to her. However, when she came to the city, she was only expecting to reunite with her cousin and occasionally help out him and the Avengers if they needed her. It seemed that they couldn't even have one peaceful gala without something unusual happening, though she supposed this was the usual thing for them. Must be a hard life, but an interesting one and Jennifer liked interesting. An easy life was a boring one after all.

While Captain America dealt with the thief, Jennifer lingered of to the side. It wasn't her business. Nothing of her's was stolen. She was a lawyer with the city but she worked specifically homicide cases unless directed otherwise. She just stayed put and watchful just in case anything else decided to happen.

Dangerous Explorer

la boulange
Guardian Rocket
Aquamaureen13
User Image

User Image

Gamora nodded to Rockets words. Their whole plans and hopes of finding any information were taken from them before they even got there. Gamora fixed her attention to Will, "That man who crashed the party...where did he go and what was he after?" She had hoped that maybe this man had something to do with the stone, but she knew her chances were slim. If there really was someone there who knew about it, they could very well be gone already. She turned her attention to the other green woman who was near by. While she hasn't been the only green skinned women she's come across, it was rather nice to see someone sort of familliar.

Hilarious Shapeshifter

7,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
I am Groot

Groot,
Guardian of the Galaxy

Groot offered a smile when Gamora thanked him and later when the other girl thanked him he smiled again. When she asked him if he was an Ent he was a little confused, he wasn't up on human movies or pop culture but he continued smiling none the less and when she asked about Rocket he didn't get the chance to answer because one of the men grabbed her and was yanking her away from him but she managed to get away from the man and was hiding behind him. Groot watched the man closely that was upsetting the girl and when he grabbed her again and stepped on the flower he'd given her, the once friendly Groot snapped, speaking sharply, "I am Groot!"

Groot grabbed Captain by the back of his suit and just held him up in the air, letting out what would sound like a small growl before tossing him aside. Groot moved to stand by Amy and picked up the white rose that the Captain had stepped on and handed it to Amy once more as he watched the Captain and the others as he spoke again, "I am... Groot." He clenched his hands into fists for a moment as he watched and waited for any of the others to make a move. Normally Groot was very peaceful but that man was hurting an innocent woman and stepped on the flower he'd been giving her.

__________Groot Translator___________
I am Groot -> Leave her alone!
I... am..... Groot -> No one hurts her

Thoughts: Groot
In the company of: Rocket, Gamora, Captain, Jean, Tony, and a bunch of others
Out of Carbon:

Guardian Gamora

Guardian Rocket

Captain Rodgers

Dangerous Genius

User ImageUser Image
                                  Rocket was so forwardly annoyed at being once again referred to as a 'talking raccoon' that hearing her say he was wearing a 'kid's suit' had to take seat as second concern. (All this time he thought his suit was custom ordered or something, and he'd rather just keep assuming that because wearing something designed for a humie-child was way too indignifying.)

It's not like he minded anyone talking to Groot, because of course they'd soon realize as far as vocabulary went, Groot was pretty limited in speech. Rocket understood what he was saying, but to nearly anyone else it was just going to be the same three words over and over again.

Rocket was about to speak up to Amy when she was soon being yanked away by a guy in a white suit, and soon had his giant friend reacting.

"Groooooot! You idiot! Put him down!" Rocket hissed crawling over to the monarch's other shoulder, which despite Rocket's order Groot did anyway. The furry guardian smacked a hand to his own forehead in secondhand embarrassment (something Rocket wasn't foreign to putting up with regularly, and honestly the pink bowtie he just put on Groot didn't help.)

"You're gonna get us friggen arrested!"
                                  Rocket growled, feeling very uncomfortable with being the ones causing trouble.

Sure, Amy was being nice and all, but not every lady Groot gave a flower to was automatically a good guy... and now their chances of making good first impressions had been compromised.

"Alright We ain't lookin' for trouble, we're just here to get the damn infinity stone, so we can get it back to Nova, and everyone can carry on with their mundane, boring lives..." Rocket announced, standing once again, on Groot's shoulder. Rocket had a habit of being able to really project his voice despite his small stature (having Groot there always helped quiet people up too.

"We're the Guardians of the Galaxy, and if you like your planet being... you know... 'around' I suggest you cooperate with us. Alright?"

Dangerous Explorer

Shimmering_Apocalypse

Guardian Rocket

Captain Rodgers

User Image

User Image

She watched as Groot picked up the Captain and tossed him aside, and changed his position into a battle ready one. As Rocket tried to calm Groot down, she walked over to them in with not creating a fight between them all in mind. Gamora placed her hand on Groots arm assuring him things would be all right with the girl, whether they knew her or not, keeping the peace was best for everyone's sake. "Is there something you wanted with this girl?" She asked the captain in a relaxed tone showing that they didn't want to cause any problems. She overheard Rocket announcing what their plans were, she looked around to see if anyone would speak up or had any signs they might of known. "He's right! Your planet depends on this, we just want the stone or any info you have on it and we'll be on our way!"

Star

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  The urge to coo at the Racoon that bubbled up was great - the way he fiddled with his bow tie and wore a mini-tuxedo appealed to that same sensation someone got by watching cute cat videos. Her lips twitched as she fought a smile, which only grew at their supposed trademarked title. Her eyes gave the group another once over. They certainly gave her the impression that they were aliens, and going by the "Guardians of the Galaxy" did not help.

Her attention diverted to the green woman, and she frowned. "I'm sorry, but I don't know why. My guess is that he was just here to cause trouble, maybe kill a few peo-" She was cut off when the walking, talking raccoon yelled at the tree. When she looked to them, the tree was holding up Steve by the suit, and tossed him like a rag away from the thief.

"I'm probably not the best representative for Earth, but excuse me? What exactly are you guys talking about? What's this stone?" She looked at each of them. Honestly, with years of police and SHIELD experience, it was difficult to act passive, so it was a relief to get some questions in.

company - everyone (except bucky) xxx whereabouts - art museum gala in nyc xxx outfit - xxxx

User Image
CaptainAmerica
StevenGrantRogers
★★★

Steve’s eyes widened when he was lifted off of the ground by Groot “Hey! Put me do-” he started but was cut off when Groot tossed him. He managed not to hurt anything when he landed, he shot a glare at Amy, it pissed him off when people acted innocent to get what they wanted. “She stole from a lot of people tonight, she’s a thief!” Steve said to the green skinned woman as he pushes himself into a standing position. He frowned a bit at the mention of an ‘infinity stone’, he had never heard of it at all. “What do you mean out planet ‘depends on it’?...is this infinity stone that powerful?” he asked, before glancing at Tony. “Ever heard of this stone, Tony? I only know one or two things that could be that powerful, but as far as I know their both destroyed...” he says, it was a bit worrying to think something that could destroy a planet was on earth.

★★★
Where I am:
Gala at the local art museum.
Whom I'm With:
Everyone
What I'm Doing:
A little confused and worried about this infinity stone.
Valkyrie
Amanda"Amy"Summers
★★★

Amy took the slightly crushed flower back, but stayed near Groot and the raccoon. She glared right back at Steve before looking up at Groot and the raccoon. “He wants to take me to S.H.I.E.L.D, their going to dissect and experiment on me!” she said in a scared tone, this one a bit of her actual fear slipped through. She did not want to be experimented on, Not at all. If she could just get her shoulder popped back in, she could run away from these guys, this night was not going the way she expected. She glanced between Steve and Tony, they were part of the Avengers, which the last time she checked were pretty closely affiliated with S.H.I.E.L.D.

★★★
Where I am:
At the Gala.
Whom I'm With:
everyone.
What I'm Doing:
Being afraid of Tony and Steve, standing next to Groot and Rocket.

Hilarious Shapeshifter

7,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
You're a firecracker Creed.
I'm an atom bomb.

Jean Grey
A.K.A. Marvel Girl

Jean looked over at Tony as he came over to make sure that she was alright and she gave a small nod to his offer for her to contact Ms.Potts if she needed anything. After a moment or two Jean was able to stand up on her own without using the wall for support. Jean looked over at to the new arrivals, one of which was giant tree and he appeared to be getting rather protective of the thief and was man handling the Captain which caused a small smirk to briefly find its way to her lips. Jean walked over and stood next to Tony as she looked over the new arrivals, none of them were even remotely human clearly. She was feeling rather tempted to get into the tree humanoid's mind just to see what it was like since his vocabulary appeared to be limited to three words which he always said in succession of the other.

Jean noticed Amy's one shoulder and could easily tell that it was dislocated, after working so many years as essentially the school nurse she had fixed a lot of bumps and bruises. Jean looked to Tony and the Captain and decided it'd be best to diffuse the situation, so she moved towards the exit and said, "Amy why don't you come with me and I can get your shoulder popped back into place." Jean didn't look behind her to see if Amy was following her, she didn't doubt she would because it'd be the closest thing she could do to get away from Steve and his controlling manner. Upon getting outside there were cameras as well as police, simply controlling the mob of reporters from going in the case that the enemy was still inside. Jean wandered towards the line of cop cars and spoke to one of the officers briefly before turning to see if Amy had indeed followed her. She could hear the reporters shouting her name to try and ask her some questions about what had happened but she ignored them. .

In the company of: Amy?
Thoughts: jeanie has a headache
Out of Control:

We come into this world alone...
and we leave the same way...
the time we spend in between...
time spent alive, sharing, learning...
together...is all that makes life worth living.

Avenger_Tony_Stark

Captain Rodgers

Hilarious Shapeshifter

7,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
I am Groot

Groot,
Guardian of the Galaxy

Groot looked at Rocket who was now scolding him for picking up the Captain and then when he said he'd get them arrested Groot responded, "I am Groot." He relaxed a little but still stood close to the girl as he watched the Captain when he started talking to Rocket but his attention was directed elsewhere when Gamora gently put her hand on his arm he lowered his hands to his sides and looked around at everyone that was in the room, his anger quickly diffused for the moment. Groot looked towards the red headed woman as she spoke and then walked out. He followed her quietly and bent down and looked out the front door and then stood back up and said, "I'm Groot."

He looked to Gamora and stood by the door silently, distracted by a leaf on his shoulder which he started to try and eat. Groot succeeded after a moment or two and then stood silently, listening to everyone talk to one another. He eventually sat down on the reception counter in the lobby, causing it to creak beneath his weight but he didn't move at all; not paying mind that it threatened to give out beneath him.

__________Groot Translator___________
I am Groot -> He started it
I'm Groot -> There's police outside

Thoughts: Groot
In the company of: Rocket, Gamora, Captain, Tony, and a bunch of others
Out of Carbon:

Guardian Gamora

Guardian Rocket

Captain Rodgers

Dangerous Genius

Shimmering_Apocalypse

Captain Rodgers

la boulange

Avenger_Tony_Stark
User ImageUser Image
                                  The furry guardian was not all that surprised that the earth people had some questions, especially considering they were there on such vague details themselves. He was at least glad they seemed to be taking him seriously.

Rocket pulled out a device from his back pocket which he got to expand and emit a glowing computer screen, not unlike some of the screens Tony often used, and slowly climbed off of Groot's shoulder and crawled off his arm and up onto a desk. "We're hunting down these things called infinity stones, there's six of them in all. So far we've only retrieved the one."

The mammalian experiment then pulled out another device that looked more like a small remote and pointed it at the ground which shot out a laser light that expanded from the floor as a three dimensional hologram. It was showing a display feed from his little computer screen, first showing a small replay of them taking out Ronan back from Xandar, while taking control of the power stone. He then attached the projection remote to the corner of his tablet, which kept displaying a feed in the same spot despite how Rocket walked around the desk, only causing the display to occasionally flicker.

"We had intercepted some information that two were confirmed to be on this planet. They're dangerous things and our mission is getting them locked up because they got a nasty habit of being used for total planetary destruction which... coincidentally we tend to frown upon." Rocket walked back and forth ontop of the desk, his hands moving across the screen he had in his paw, to show footage of what the stone could actually do.

"I don't know how Earth keeps becoming the center of attention, I mean your tech's a freaking joke, but I'm tellin' ya you guys are in danger, and I'm talkin' 'full-on-intergalactic-war-type trouble'. From my perspective on things, you aint gonna last a minute if Thanos or his goons start showing up. If Thanos gets his dirty hands on that stone, you can kiss your planet goodbye." The image on the floor then showed was now showing a clip of alien warships going in on a planet before blacking out.

The hologram then changed again to show a birds-eye view of Asgard, which slowly turned on the floor. "Last we knew one of the Infinity Stones was located here in Asgard, that was before our mission was kicked into action, but yeah... that's what we're here for. Got sent to this little soiree to... 'politely' ask your people for help," Rocket finished off giving Groot a very stern look when he said that last part.

He wasn't about to get involved in the whole thing with the lady Groot gave a rose to. It wasn't his business, they had bigger things to worry about, and Rocket wasn't too fond of Earth, so the quicker they got their little mission done with, the better... even if this wasn't their run-of-the-mill kind of grab-n-go mission he so much preferred.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff