Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Prophet

5,825 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageLocation: Maintenance Passages, Cosmodrome; Old Russia, Earth
Operative: Wotan Augar, the Seeker of Light (Warlock)
OOC:

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark...

Wotan Augar, the Seeker of Light

With a grunt, Wotan lifted the Titan up through the hole to the building above. With a jump, he began to glide upwards to grab her hand and lift himself up to stand next to her. He let out a heavy sigh, breathing in as much fresh air as he could. Or, at least, what would pass for fresh with the taste of rust and death everywhere in the air. "Thank the Traveler, even I am unsure of how much time has passed. It could have been nothing but scrap." He said as he removed his helmet once more, making it much easier to breathe after the ordeal in the Hive lair. Running his hand through his sweat drenched, blonde hair, he scanned around the room to make sure it was safe. With a brush of his hand over his pocket, he felt something strange. With a swift reach in, he retrieved a small, black Hive orb. Stealthily he viewed it, turning it over in his hand to get a better view of it. 'This wasn't in here before the Hive lair,' He thought silently to himself, 'How could it have gotten here?' To avoid being seen, he put it back in his pocket and walked closer to the ship.

His ship was simple, black as jet with two large engines that seemed to double as landing gears. In white letters, the words 'Sleipnir Concordant' were painted bellow its cylindrical cockpit. Missile pods sat underneath each wing and two turrets were placed under the center of the body. "Ghost, take us onboard." He spoke in a stern voice, his body dematerializing and reappearing in a black, leather pilot's seat. In but a second, the redhead too materialized behind him, in a small living quarters. It was a sterile, elegant design of metallic grays and matte blacks. A lone cot sat at the very back, flanked on either side by nightstands. On one was a small water dispenser; the other held a bonsai tree with assorted books stored in the open space bellow. "Make yourself comfortable. We should be at the Tower shortly." He called back to her as he began to tap a few buttons on the panels that ran along either side of his chair. The glass before him wasn't a window, but a computer display that was almost indistinguishable from the real thing. It showed the ship begin to come alive again as it slowly rose from the ground, turning to find a hole in the ceiling that was large enough to fly through. With a roar of the massive engines it sped off into the sky.

The journey was not long, no more than ten minutes, as the massive form of the Traveler came into view. The small ship bolted out of a large bank of clouds as it flew over the sprawling city like a hawk. "The Traveler, the City, the Light; it does my bones good to see it all again. I will drop you off at the Tower, I bet the Speaker would like to see you. You should finish any business you need to while you are there." He commented, his ship banking around the Traveler. Many Ghosts flew in and out of its wounded and motionless form-- how exactly they were healing the Traveler was a mystery to Wotan, but he left them to their work. As they neared the Tower, he slowed the ship to a hover. "I have an office in the Warlock Tower, Floor 48, Office 4. Please meet me there when you are finished. My investigation isn't quite over, and I do have a few questions to ask you."

"...the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

X Ꭾ α ℓ ℓ α s X Ꮴ ι и ם є x

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                The feeling of de- and then rematerialization almost made Pallas sick. The instantaneous change from wieghtlessness to physical being caused her head to spin and her limbs to feel as if they were numb. She instantly decided she hated it. She had little time to decide however, as the ship quickly launched, forcing her to find herself a seat on the cot, nodding numbly at the warlock's time assessment. The titan gazed out the front panel, watching and gaping at just how much the land had changed. Even as the derelict Traveler and the City came into view, Pallas knew she was very much out of her time. The old city she knew was no more, probably buried under the tall, cramped buildings that now delved deep into the Earth. The redhead barely heard Wotan addressing her, but the sudden appearance of a massively tall tower jogged her out of her thoughts.

Once again, Pallas nodded, trying to commit the directions to memory. She was reminded that she hade been sought out, hunted for amoungst the wreckage, dead. "Understand," she said, her ghost materializing out of her pocket. With a meaningful look to both the warlock and the ghost, the small being dematerialized her once again.

The rush of the Tower was something that Pallas did not quite anticipate. Guardians, mechanical assistants and shopkeepers, and other personel flooded the dias, bustling about their daily duties, as she stood dumbfounded in the chaos. Several passersby spotted her and gave a short nod, recognizing her reawakening; her damaged and dirty armour spelled that out to anyone who had any idea of what a guardian was. Her ghost hovered close to her shoulder, knowing that she, like many other guardians, was overwhelmed. Pallas tried to take in the sights from so high up in the Tower, but found herself struggling to accepted just how much had changed. "Come one," her ghost motioned, grabbing her attention. "That warlock is right; the Speaker will want to meet you. He's over here." Pallas tore her gaze from the landscape and followed her companion wordlessly.

The titan once again walked onto the dais, looking less like wreckage but feeling more like it. She was sore, the adrenalin having wore off some time ago during her debriefing with the Speaker. Several physical and mental exams had told her and her order that she had been dead for centuries, a blow that knocked the wind from her lungs. Her death was so long ago that she had no real relatives to speak of, but her family had survived long enough to return back to Earth after the Collapse. Pallas felt sick the whole time, knowing that she was truly alone in a world that was not her own. Her mind struggled to conceal panic and distress, but eventually her training had swallowed her emotions into an impassive mask. She was yet comforted by the advantage to retrieve what her family had left for her. She wore her father's breastplate and her brother's bloodied mark, and wielded her brother's auto rifle, Hard Light. She had thought these items were lost with her brother, but apparently they had been recovered when other guardians moved against Crota some time later. It gave her great comfort to have them back. The only thing she lacked had been a helmet, since her previous one wouldn't have lasted in a fight, but the vanguard order readily provided her with one. Pallas had accepted these gifts with some uncertainty, still uneasy with her whole situation.

"Take me to the Warlock Tower," the redhead said, looking towards her Ghost. Their bond had been solidified since it defended her when the Speaker questioned her aptitude. She still wasn't sure about everything in this new world, but she new her Ghost would stand, well, float, by her through anything. The ghost reminded her of an owl; its big golden eye constant watching her and the surrounding area, noticibly uneasy with throwing Pallas back to the wolves. The titan had been cleared for active duty, despite some understandable difficulty in accepting her resurrection and had been assigned to report to the same warlock who woke her. The ghost weaved through the crowd slightly ahead of her, leading her towards what looked like a transport system. Pallas piled into the streamlined tram-car with a few other guardians, many looking prepared for heading out to the field. Bracing herself as the car zoomed away, she once again scanned the City. Pallas wondered if her city, the old city before this was still there, serving as pillars for the Traveler's grave. It took only a few minutes before her ghost chirped up, stating "that's the Warlock Tower, across from it is the Hunter Tower, and on the other end of the city is the Titan Tower, where your requisitioned quarters are." Pallas noticed that the towers were essentially identical, save for the massive class logos painted onto the face of their respective towers. She had been told they didn't really house more than sleeping and eating arrangements, and some offices; Vanguard Tower was supposed to be the center of most business.

As Pallas disembarked the tram, her ghost easily lead her to the warlock's office, since this tower was much less crowded. The titan knocked, her armored knuckles making the sound much louder than she intended. She hoped that he was in, hoping to avoid the awkwardness of standing outside his door.

O u t X O f X C o l a b o r a t i o n : X
                                                T r a n s l a t i o n s : X

Quotable Prophet

5,825 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageLocation: Warlock Tower, Last City, Earth
Operative: Wotan Augar, the Seeker of Light (Warlock)
OOC:

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark...

Wotan Augar, the Seeker of Light

The Warlock headed instantly home after dropping the Titan off at the tower; he had plenty of unfinished business to attend to, but first he had to clean up. His Ghost dropped him off at the base of the tower, right before the doors to the atrium, as it went off to park his ship at the Warlock's maintenance dock. "It's good to be home." He spoke to himself, turning to the doors and pushing his way into the courtyard. It was sleek and modern, a koi pond was elegantly placed in between two sitting areas with a long desk opposite of the doors. After passing the desk, at which sat three Warlock secretaries hard at work, and going up one of the two flanking elevators, he made it to the forty-eighth floor and retreated to the fourth office.

The door was a thick, dark maple that clunked hard into place as he shut it behind him. His office was equally as elegant as the atrium, all of it wrapping around a zen garden courtyard that generated holographic sunlight and moonlight based on the outside time. With an office, three bedroom apartment, and lounge, it was a lavish place indeed. Wotan, tired from the long journey, set his robe on a wall mount set near the door as he crossed his courtyard to the master suite. He had plenty of time to shower and redress while the woman was evaluated by the Speaker and her respective order. After he had finished cleaning up, he tidied up his office and set a pot of tea on to steep as he waited for the Titan to return. He had just finished watering and pruning all of his bonsai trees when the knock finally came.

"I'm coming," He called, as he set down the pruning sheers and ran to the door to unlock it and let the woman in. "Ah, glad to see you. I have much to discuss, but first, tea?" Letting the door open all the way, he motioned her in and shut the door behind them. "I have a few questions to ask you." He told her as he picked up a datapad. With a click, he sent his mission report to the Speaker and began to browse recent Crucible winners. They would need more help for any mission they would undertake to retrieve Tsar. With his eye on a few, he set down the datapad and moved to fetch tea to bring to his office.

As he set down the tea and moved to the other side of his desk, began to look her over. The atmosphere of his office was comfortable and warm, and there was a bright glow upon the entire room. His desk was a sturdy mahogany desk with a modern style and a black marble top, which reflected the many bright lights of his computer and datapad. He had his Ghost set over shoulder to record everything the two spoke about, as the Guardian leaned forward and began to speak. "Tsar, that was the name of the device you were ordered to guard, is that right Pallas? Can you tell me the purpose of this device? Or what its relation to Rasputin is?" He kept his gaze set right into hers, the mechanical gaze of his Ghost also aimed into her eyes.

"...the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

X Ꭾ α ℓ ℓ α s X Ꮴ ι и ם є x

Pallas cautiously took a step inside the apartment. It looked strange, foreign even, despite the fact that they were somewhere near what was Russia; the heavy asian design and undertones of the whole building let her know that the whole of Earth's style had changed. At the mention of tea, the titan waved the idea away with a casual "none, thanks". She preferred stronger drinks than that and, besides, had yet to find her appetite amoungst all the events of the day. Her ghost looked around casually before deciding to disappear into her pouch. Pallas took her mentioned seat and waited quietly for the questions to begin.

When the warlock finally settled into the matters at hand, Pallas gazed up at the ghost obviously recording them, her fingers twitching slightly. A million and two reasons raced through her mind as to why she needed a second debreifing. Her eyes focused on the man in front of her at his questions. "Yeah, it was 'Tsar'," she said, easily recalling her last mission, but hesitating at the device's purpose. "I can't really say," Pallas began slowly, choosing her next words carefully. "It was safer if I, we, didn't know; we were at the highest point of Darkness hostility during my time, as it wasn't uncommon for entire squads to disappear." Blue eyes flicked down her her fidgeting fingers as she willed them to still. "I did know, however, that it was a set of schematics, or plans, or code, that the higher-ups in the Vanguard wanted. Badly." She, and only she, had been privy to that information in the squad, since she had been the head.

Pallas took a breath before answering next, letting her rusted memories come back. "We retrieved 'Tsar' from Rasputin. The assignment was supposed to be several parts, and only the first was retrieval of 'Tsar'." Pallas held up a hand, looking up at the warlock. "Before you ask, no, I don't know what the other parts were. My team and I were kept in the dark as much as possible, only to be breifed on the next steps as necessary. Once we recovered 'Tsar', we were to report back to the Vanguard, to Vanguard-Commander Tulius, and hand over it over for analysis, I'd guess." The titan leaned back, preparing for whatever follow-up the man wanted to hear. She didn't know much more that what she had already said. She was a messenger, a soldier, not a cryptarch.

O u t X O f X C o l a b o r a t i o n : X
                                                T r a n s l a t i o n s : X

Profitable Prophet

7,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Befriended 100
A smile was stretched across his face as his hand reached towards the hand cannon that lay in his holster. He let it hover right above the gun. The dreg a few meters away had no idea he was there. Zeke just wanted to give the thing a chance. His young fireteam members stared, smiling as well. They were just on patrols through the Cosmodrone so nothing was too intense. Zeke was showing them a good time while giving them a chance. He stared at them and nodded as the dreg was turning around. It started to lift its gun, but it didn’t stand a chance. Its head exploded as the shot hit its head like a truck. “There we go,” Zeke said. One could tell his voice was robotic, but it was still shockingly human. “That about does it for the day, so let’s head back.” His ghost just shook its head. He had known it for a long time, but sometimes he got the feeling the thing hated him, and they were both robots. Zeke just didn’t understand the tiny thing at times. The other two nodded and they made their way to Zeke’s ship.

They had arrived to the Tower, so Zeke let the other two off to do what they wanted as he made his way to go tell the vanguard that he had done what was asked. Zeke took off his helmet and then greeted the hunter vanguard, “We got it done Cayde, so no worries.” The hunter nodded in acknowledgement and let Zeke go. Zeke had no idea what to do at this point. He was done for the day which was nice, but he was alone so there wasn’t much to do. In the end, he just made his way to the lounge. Looking for people to meet, waiting for something to do. This was how his days usually played out. He tried not to get too involved with people because he didn’t want another incident to happen. After seeing his two best friends killed he hasn’t been that close to anyone since. However, if someone needed help he would gladly be of assistance.

Quotable Prophet

5,825 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
(Hi guys, sorry for the lack of posts but Lori and I have been stuck in the middle of an emergency job search due to our roommates moving out. But there is good news! We actually, are going to be remaking the thread with another admin and will be keeping up on our posts in the new thread. This most likely will be up tomorrow! Thanks guys for understanding, I will migrate all profiles and post a link to the new thread when we have it!)

Profitable Prophet

7,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Befriended 100
(((((Aye-aye friend))))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers