4,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Person of Interest 200

User Image
                          hi I WILL RUN UNTIL I CAN SEE THE SUNLIGHT AGAIN
                          hiI WILL RUN UNTIL I CAN SEE THE SUNLIGHT AGAIN

infamous ⊱ ■ ■ EVANGELINE VOLCOVA ⋯⋯

it really is infamous jsyk I put white text in all codingBURN MY DREADhiI WILL BREAK THE CHAINS
                    it really is infamous jsyk I put white text in all codingBURN MY DREADhiI WILL BREAK THE CHAINS

User Image

( ♔ ) Location: vet clinic --& on the way to the beach
                                                        ( ♔ ) Company: osment, isabelle, jay --& jay
                                                        ( ♔ ) Mentions: osment, isabelle, jay, aleksei

It must have been quite the scene – Evangeline, running at top speed with her face as red as a baboon’s
                                                        backside, dragging poor Jay along by the collar like a dog. It wasn’t until they were a sizable distance
                                                        from the veterinary clinic – out of Osment’s hearing range – that Eva finally let go of her friend and let
                                                        herself catch her breath – which meant panting like crazy for a few minutes. She almost felt bad for
                                                        assaulting poor Jay like that – the guy was so bewildered it was laughable. Oh well, it wasn’t like he
                                                        couldn’t get over it anyway – it wasn’t the first time Eva dragged him places. Sure, she never ran quite as
                                                        fast before – her heart was still thumping hard in her chest – but it couldn’t have been too hard for the
                                                        guy. He should have been used to her crazy antics by now.

In the time it took Eva to finally calm down her erratic breathing and heart rates, Jay was already
                                                        perfectly fine and typing away at his phone. Now that was really irritating. Eva wasn’t really the clingy,
                                                        jealous girl, so it wasn’t the fact that he was diverting his attention from her that was bothering her – it
                                                        was the fact that she didn’t know who and what he was texting. Curious by nature, and with little care
                                                        for public opinion, she liked to stick her nose into things she probably shouldn’t stick her nose into, and
                                                        this was one of them. She made a mental note to bother him about it later. Right now, her attention
                                                        was caught by something he said – or, more specifically, by the fact that he noticed how red her face
                                                        was. Damn, she hoped it has gone down by now.

“S-Shut up!” Getting even redder – if such a thing was possible – Eva lunged for the boy in an effort to
                                                        cover his moth with her hands. It was a surprising revelation, sure, given the way Eva publically rejected
                                                        relationships and acted tough, but did he really have to be so loud? They weren’t too far from the vet
                                                        clinic, and there were houses around them, too. She didn’t need people knowing of her affection for the
                                                        blue-haired man, much less the man himself. She didn’t appreciate his comment any more than she did
                                                        his sound level. “Yeah, yeah, whatever, Jay. It’s not my fault you’re too immature to understand! Grow
                                                        up a bit, then we’ll talk.”
                                                        She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. There she went again, showing
                                                        off the fact that she was two years older than her male friend. It was almost funny how she chose the
                                                        oddest moments – usually when she had no other arguments to offer – to point out that moment,
                                                        especially considering that at their age it didn’t really matter or make a difference. Plus there was that
                                                        tiny little detail that he was actually taller than her, despite being younger, and many people that didn’t
                                                        know them well had trouble telling who was older.

It was silly, to point out such a thing, but what else could she say? That she wanted to have a
                                                        relationship? That she was actually very fluffy and girly inside? She would die before she admitted it to
                                                        anyone, much less someone like Jay, who had so little trouble asking out girls left and right. Compared
                                                        to that, what could she do, when she couldn’t even ask out one guy without dying from
                                                        embarrassment? Like hell was she ever going to let the conversation go there.

“I know there’s water there, duh!” Eva gladly took the opportunity to change the subject, preferring to
                                                        forget the embarrassment she suffered a few minutes ago. “You’re free to do whatever you want, I’m
                                                        staying on the beach, where it’s safe. As much as a trust you, I don’t trust that waterhole even more.”

Ugh, the water. She was terrified of it. Which was kind of funny, considering she knew how to swim and
                                                        all, it was just… Frightening. She would rather not drown.

Jay was speaking fast, really fast, but Eva was used to it by now. He had been like that for as long as she
                                                        could remember – quick on his feet and impulsive. It was part of the reason she liked hanging out with
                                                        him – he never held her back like other, calmer people did. It was fun. “I dunno, Jay.” She shrugged as
                                                        he mentioned the festival. “Maybe I’ll ask one of the girls. Maybe Mels? And what do you mean,
                                                        ‘obviously’?”
                                                        She huffed. “He said he didn’t have a date. That means I can hang out with him and
                                                        Isabelle for a while tomorrow. The little one likes me.”
                                                        She couldn’t help the dreamy smile that turned
                                                        the corners of her lips upwards, before her expression turned serious, almost frighteningly so. “You
                                                        better be quiet, you hear me Jay? I know where they keep the scalpels.”
                                                        By ‘they’ she, of course, meant
                                                        her elder brother Aleksei, whose name she refused to say out loud. She was that mad at him.

She dropped the angry tone, and stuffed her hands into her shorts pockets. “What about you? Are you
                                                        going to invite one of those girls on your date list?”
                                                        She teased, grinning.

Tactical Agent

ZELTHIRE FORMAT REMOVED
                                    • ALAISTER   `↺⋮ ❖ Location Melune Forest   `↺⋮ ❖ Company Lyra   `↺⋮ ❖ Mentions ---

The streets of Raethia City were busy, people were hurrying indoors to the air conditioned places or were rushing to the beach for the comfort of the ocean to calm their heated bodies. Nyx on the other hand was stepping out of the large building that housed an array of books for people to borrow and hopefully return unscathed. When her phone went off and she saw what it said her heart melted like butter would in the sun. Droopy and a mess. What was she going to do now? The rabbit had ran off but she very well didn't want to just not show up to the Vet when she said she would. Sure she could text Osment and let him know there was no bunny anymore but that would mean possibly not seeing him today. There was something she had to do and she wanted to do it face to face. See if he wanted to watch the fireworks with her. Yep. She could ask that right? It wouldn't be weird... right?

Shaking her hands out hoping to calm herself she took a few deep breaths befoure deciding what to do next, then her stomach growled. It was as if a light bulb went off over her head. He might not have eaten today so why not grab some food for him! Friends do that, it'd be fine, just fine. No worries.

With Nyx off to the Cafe, Alaister was still dealing with his own mess he created. The way Lyra acted helped calm down his nerves and made his heart stop beating so damn quickly. It was as if in the instant she sat down he was okay, he knew today would be great. Even if it suddenly began to pour he'd find a way to make this day just wonderful for her. After all, it was her first date. Wait, hold up, what!?

Blinking a few times the man just stared at her. “R – really? You've never gone on a date befoure?” That had never been something to cross his mind not even in a possibility setting. Nope. He was sure many had sought after the bold woman sitting befoure him looking at him like he was crazy. That grin though, saying he worried too much made him only smile in return. Yeah, he did, only when it came to love though.

Since Lyra was already comfortable sitting where she was Alaister took up a seat across from her and watched as she tried the gyoza. It was perfectly pan-fried so just the right amount of crunch on the bottom so it wasn't just mush when it hit the mouth. The fact she squealed and licked her fingers made everything just disappear. The forest was gone, the river, the heat, and all that remained was her happily enjoying something he made and licking her fingers. The redness in her face made him realize she was embarrassed by doing it but ah he loved how free she was. Not bound to stupid table manners, elbows off the table, sit up straight, etcetera etcetera. Many men might like a more refined person but Alaister had enough of that in the military, enough past girlfriends to know Lyra was what he was looking for all along. She made him feel... happy. As simple as that word is it also meant so much more than that.

Happiness isn't something Alaister had really felt in a long time. He was medically discharged from his life long dream, watched his sister withdraw into herself when her wife died and just felt like anything good in the world didn't exist. When was the last time he actually smiled this much and meant it? It had been awhile, a very long while.

"It tastes really good! Just like everything you make!" That only made him smile more. He took pride in being a good chef, it may not have been his dream befoure but now it was. All he wanted to do was cook and make great food because it meant people would be happy. In turn he hoped it'd make him happy and it finally did. She did. It was because of her he realized being a chef wasn't so bad. It was when she was licking her fingers in the restaurant those sum years ago that a crack in his darkness appeared, light was on the other side shining through displaying a new dream.

"Time for the master chef to eat his own creation." Lyra had picked up another gyoza and offered it to him. Alaister sat there smiling at her for a bit befoure leaning in, grabbing hold of her hand to steady it and to make physical contact. His mouth opened just wide enough not only to take in the dumpling but a finger of hers. As he slowly moved his head away he ended up sucking on her finger just a little bit. His eyes the entire time were fixated on her own. How could someone not want to look into those ruby jewels and see what lies beyond?

“Mmmm,” he voiced as he munched away on the gyoza, safely away from Lyra and her fingers. Maybe she just wanted him to take it from her but he was too romantic deep down inside to just settle for that. No, it had to be a gesture of something more so that's what he did, he made it – oh so much more.

Alaister's eyes kept on Lyra until he was done eating the gyoza. He still couldn't believe how beautiful she was all girly just for him. Just, for, him. That part just made him all the more excited for this day. How he never wanted it to end. How he could just keep being in this moment with her forever. But then again, having other moments, more moments would be just as great. “Want something to drink?” he asked casually not making a big deal by what just happened. Oh yeah buddy no problem, just suck on her finger a little and pretend it's all cool. Yeah okay. Jerk. Feeling a bit parched himself he grabbed the water from the cooler and poured them both a nice cold cup. “I know you're probably thinking why water, why not something better to go with the drinks. Well it's summer and ******** hot.” He chuckled as he sat down her glass near to her. “Gotta keep hydrated heh.” Raising his up as in cheers, he took a big gulp of his water befoure putting it back down on the blanket.

Pale green eyes scanned the rest of the contents, there was beef lumpia, pansit, gyoza, some piroshki which is stuffed with some beef, onions and cheese, but ah his favourite to toss in was honestly the mini burgers with a bacon strip, a slice of tomato, cheese and avacado. Alaister though knew one of her favourite dishes was the beef stroganoff since that always kept her nice and full. It was a very hearty meal but he did hope she wanted to try some of the other unique items he prepared too. So far the gyoza was a hit, as if it couldn't be! “Ya know the lumpia is a lot like egg rolls but not to be mistaken since it has a lot less vegetables inside of it.” Carefully he plucked one from the plate and held it to her. “You should try it.” But then took it back. “Ah, almost forgot you have to have some sweet n spicy dipping sauce with it. It's a lot better that way in all honesty.” He dipped it into the red sauce getting some of the flakes within onto the rolled fried goodness that is a lumpia and once again held it out for her to take a bite. This time he held his other hand underneath it so he wouldn't drip it all over the place.

Ding

The bell at the Vet chimed as Nyx entered the clinic, in hand she was carrying three drinks and a bag of food. She knew Isabelle would be here since now Osment had custody of her and for that she was so pleased. It had been quite the hardship on the guy but she knew with Isabelle being around he would eventually forgive himself if he hadn't already. Nyx hoped he had, it was just an accident, wasn't on purpose. It'd be okay, it'd all be okay in time. Time heals wounds they say.

Normally she would just call out to them but she didn't want to be rude if he was busy with a client. There was always the possibility that someone needed their animal to have emergency care. She hoped not though, but if so she could at least babysit Isabelle until then.

Rounding her way into the office she tapped on the door, something she learned that was a polite thing to do even if she couldn't have the same done for her. Slowly she poked her head in and smiled at the hardworking man and his little girl. “Hello you two,” she cheerfully said as she entered all the way. “Um.” Nyx's face began to redden as she sheepishly smiled holding up the items. “Alaister said the bunny ran away. I figured at the least you two could use some food.” Nyx went and sat down the items on a cleared table hoping it wasn't used for something else, pulled out a drink from the holder and knelt down in front of Isabelle. “I got you a drink. I thought you might be thirsty since the day is so hot!” Holding out the strawed and covered cup of cold juice of some kind she waited until Isabelle took it from her. There was no reason to show her the way, just because Isabelle was blind didn't mean she didn't have the sense to know that it'd be in front of her. Nyx wanted to treat Isabelle like she was normal, that's how she wanted to be treated herself and sometimes it was hard. If Osment had been saying anything during this time she wouldn't even know it.

With the drink safely in the little girl's hand she stood up and smiled at Osment. Normally she'd just sign to him since he knew it but she didn't want Isabelle to be left out of the conversation or feel like she wasn't wanted. “I hope you don't mind,” her hands still making the same movement as if she wasn't speaking. It was habit for her when it came to Osment, Elissa, Alaister and a few others. Reading lips was how she got by most of the time but with the first three they all could sign to her making it easy for her to know what was said without any misunderstanding happening. “I got you some iced coffee since you might need a bit of a pick me up. And two sandwiches too.” When she finished signing and speaking she slowly turned and grabbed the cup and then held it to him as well as the bag of food. Nyx had shoved a sandwich down her tummy on her way to the clinic just in case. After all it's not very polite to have your stomach growling when you're meeting with some friends.

NYX   `↺⋮ ❖ Location Curia Vet   `↺⋮ ❖ Company Osment & Isabelle   `↺⋮ ❖ Mentions Elissa

Sonpi-Chan's Compadre

Dainty Wyvern

User Image xxx ◟★ ━━__ LATELY __ I BEEN, __ I BEEN __ LOSING __ ☆ SLEEP ☆ !!
xxx ◟★ ━━__ LATELY __ I BEEN, __ I BEEN __ LOSING __ SLEEP !!
(( *dreaming about the things we could be
__ but baby, I've been I've been praying so hard
_ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆
__ Sᴀɪᴅ ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀs ______ Wᴇ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀs
____(( I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie
{ ███ ████ ████ ████ ████ ████ ████ ████ ███ ████ ███

______________ E V E R Y T H I N G __ T H A T __ K I L L S __ M E __ M A K E S __ M E __ F E E L __ A L I V E __
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Take that money, Watch it burn Sing in the river, The lessons I learned
Take that money, Watch it burn Sing in the river, The lessons I learned

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ((Spa)) Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ((Nobody)) Mᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ((Arlo, Europe)) Oᴜᴛғɪᴛ ((X)) OᴏC ((---))
    ███ ████ ████ ████ ████ ████ ████ ████ ███ ████ ███xx(( xxxxxxxxJᴇʀᴇᴍɪᴀʜ Rᴏʙɪɴ Mᴀʀᴛᴇɴsᴇɴ

Maaaaaaaaan. Why wasn’t it time to get off work yet? Summer days always felt far too long, but maybe that was just due to his schedule being booked today. He couldn’t blame people preferring being inside and getting massaged to that miserable heat though. Holding back the yawn that so desperately wanted to escape him, Jeremiah pressed his palms into his client’s back. “You’ve got a knot.” He spoke the observation lightly. This woman never listened when he warned her to be careful or offered advice to avoid those hard lumps. It mildly amazed him when she bothered to murmur some excuse about redecorating her den and doing a lot of lifting. “Oh? Don’t hurt yourself then.” An appointment was an appointment however so he continued working at the knot until it relaxed. The sound of chirping entered the room softly at first, blending into the soothing background music, and then increased in volume until he leaned over to tap off the alarm. “Well, looks like we’re done for today. Make sure to take care of your back and always come back to see me, of course.”

The yawn finally got to escape once the client had left the room. Rolling his shoulders, he flipped on the lights and opened the cabinet with the cleaning products. “Hm, when’s my next appointment?” A glance at his information log told him that he had a bit of time, but not too terribly much. He really was overzealous with trying to get a new outfit with his next paycheck. “Nothing to be done about it. If I prep everything quickly, I might be able to grab a snack though.” The motions to strip the room of anything touched by the previous customer had become so ingrained that he went on autopilot, wondering if he should cook when he returned home or just go out to eat. For anyone who had met him when he first came to town, it must be amazing to think he has held a job long enough to have such a solid routine. But he had to admit that he liked working in the spa. Hard to get stressed when it was his job to relieve it.

After clearing everything, he carried the dirty towels to the laundry room. It was a wonder that so many people were at the spa today. Were they all trying to get some last minute beauty treatments before the festival? It made since they’d want to look good for that special someone, but it would be so dark outside. Besides, seeing the person you’re with bathed in the light of the fireworks would make them look great no matter what. That begged another question though. Who was he going to go to the festival with? If he went at all that is. Just spending the whole day to himself sounded rather tempting, but Arlo probably wouldn’t approve him doing that. Jeremiah’s housemate was always under the impression that he should get out more. They could always go together, but didn’t Arlo like someone? He wouldn’t want to stand in the way of his friend getting a date.

“I wonder if Europe’s going with someone.” Naturally his mind went to his cousin next as he returned to setting up the room. He’d be glad to spend the evening with her considering that he probably wouldn’t see her today. Jeremiah flipped open his cellphone, but thumb simply hovered over the buttons before closing the device again. She might prefer to hang out with her friends instead of having him tag along. And he wouldn’t want to make her feel guilty about turning him down since he was family and all. Sighing, he continued his work until he got to sit and wait for the client. “I suppose this means I just might not go unless I get any other ideas.” It wasn’t that he had anything against showing up alone… Okay, that was a lie. There was no way he was going to show up by himself. That would be too embarrassing, even for someone like him. Oh well. Those thoughts could be addressed after work. He grabbed a water bottle and protein bar from the stash he kept hidden in the lotion drawer. Now he’d just have a quick bite and wait for the next appointment to show up.

Tactical Agent

ZAHID | ORION FORMAT REMOVED

• ZAHID            `↺⋮ ❖ Location angelica hospital   `↺⋮ ❖ Company npcs   `↺⋮ ❖ Mentions Hel

The music filled the room as he laid there, it was as if his entire life had flashed befoure his eyes. Was that classical music? Yes, Beethoven's moonlight sonata was playing mocking him in a way. The heat of the room was excruciating but he couldn't move, not yet at least. It took him a second to realize he wasn't home, he wasn't sitting in bed listening to something but instead he was in someone else home knocked out briefly from one of the beams falling. The place was on fire and the only thing keeping him alive in this moment was his fire retardant suite and his buddy grabbing him shaking him to get him to wake up. Was he yelling at him? All Zahid could hear was the music. “Damn it Zahid! Get the ******** up man. Get up!” Shaking his head a little Zahid was pulled to his feet, but he was unstable, wobbly even. Together the two firemen escaped the burning house and upon getting to the street Zahid stumbled and fell forward. Another mate caught him and they basically dragged the half conscious man to the EMTs who took it from there.

Pulling off his mask one of the guys slapped his face some. “Come on Zahid, come on man.” A low growl came from the guy. Slap. “Stop that.” The female EMT finally said sharply displeased by the fellow fireman's actions. “Grr. Damn it Zahid, you've taken more than that. Get the ******** up!” Despite his angry tone the man was generally worried about his fellow fireman. He had been down for a while now. His head wasn't bleeding at least so it couldn't have hit him that hard. One of the other guys poked his head around the other. “Hey Zahid, so since you're out and all. I was thinking of asking Hel out.” Instantly the man jumped back expecting the guy to lunge at him but still nothing. “Damn he's really out.”

“Alright lets get him to the hosp -“ she stopped speaking when she saw his eyes finally open. Everyone went quiet as he slowly sat up the woman ushering him to stay still but he disregarded it. “I swear Mike, you touch Hel and I will ******** kill you.” The scowl on his face said it all and they all cheered. “Ah s**t Zahid you ******** scared us!” Pats on the back were had and some light laughter too. “Don't worry man I was just trying to get you awake. I swear on my mother's life I am not gonna ask Hel out.” Poor Mike, he really wanted to but Zahid. They all knew Zahid and how he was the wall blocking anyone from getting to her and a few other females too. Guard Dog. That's what many liked to call him for only with a certain few was he nice, the rest he was an a*****e too and only a very few did he act indifferent too.

With Zahid sitting up the EMT made it a point to check out his head and touched it. “That looks bruised, we really should get you to the hospital for a head scan.” The man looked more displeased by Mike than that news. “Fine, let's get this over with then.” With that they made him lay back down but he cursed under his breath about it. Off the ambulance went to Angelica Hospital.

While the fireman was busy trying to save lives and not die himself, Orion, his mortal enemy number seventy thousand and two, was fast asleep in bed. He was an astronomer, a charter of the skies, a lover of space and all the mysteries it beheld and a night owl. It was mostly cause of his job that he was sleeping in so late but today it was more of just laziness. There was nothing planned and he didn't have a reason to really wake up early so he slept and slept and slept. The only reason he even began to wake up was because of the heat. Despite discarding all his sheets, sleeping in the nude and having a fan on the man still was hot. “Ugh,” he groaned, a drip of sweat ran down his face onto the sheets. [******** this.”
                Orion groaned out and finally got out of bed. Walked his naked a** to the shower and began to scrub off the sweat from sleeping. It was a very cold shower that stung against his skin but at the same time felt so wonderful to feel.

Once he was clean, dry and clothed he wondered what he should do next. He could study, read, study, work, study, read, work, study. Oh such wonderful choices, so many to choose from oh how ever will he decide! “Hmm.” The man barely made the noise as he finished tying the tie around his neck. After tightening it up against the collar he slipped into his shoes and began to make his way out of the condo that he shared with Akira. First stop of the day would be the cafe, it always was. Orion loved being in the city, loved being just walking distance from Bellato Cafe where he could find the best drink and food to eat around. Ah, he liked Alaister's restaurant well enough but for times like this the Cafe was more than enough for the man.

The streets were busy like always but today everyone was dressed in the least amount of layers as possible. Orion was the only exception on the streets with his slacks and short sleeved blue button down shirt, fine dress shoes and fancy watch. Yeah, this man never wore shorts unless he was swimming and thus they were swim shorts. The heat was something he had come to live with since he had been here for eleven years now. It wouldn't be the first time he showed up on extremely hot days dressed well. It was just an old habit that he was not about to let go, ever. Inside his home was another story though but that's not where he was anymore. Nope. Now he was entering the cafe, the bell chiming to signify yet another customer through the door. The place was lively and a bit loud with young children being out of school and able to just have fun again. He wasn't that old... was he? Twenty-nine. Soon his thirtieth birthday would be around the corner and he'd still be single. Again. For another year in a row.

Ah but he had so much fun being single. He got to be a male escort, paid to ******** people, paid to be arm candy and even slept around with some really delightful people. As you grow older though you come to realize this isn't what you want anymore, you want a relationship and someone to love. And oh how he wanted it with Akira so much it strained his relationship with Jackson. Once buddy buddy now glaring at each other whenever the other saw them with Akira. Damn. Why did Jackson have to decide it was finally time to get his s**t together and try for her? He had his chance, he failed! Still, no, not still. Orion wanted her and he would find some way to prove to her he was worth having. That's why he would take it upon himself to bring her some food and a cup of coffee. Maybe even ask if she wanted to go with him to the event tomorrow night.

ORION            `↺⋮ ❖ Location Bellato Cafe   `↺⋮ ❖ Company Dunno   `↺⋮ ❖ Mentions Akira & Jackson

marzbunny's Waifu

Heckler

xxUser Image
                                  xxthe.owner.of.kinnaird.ranch ██.I didn't want to hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry.

IREALLYLOVECATSIDIDN'TREALLYIREALLYLOVECATSLOVEYOUBUTI'MIREALLYLOVECATSPRETTYWHENILIE
                User Image

...ma-ma-ma███████.CLOTHING STORE██████████████.LOTUS██████████████.ATTIRE███████

Baby, you're made of my sin, and I can't tell where your lust ends, and where your love begins.Baby, you're made of my sin, and I can't tell where your lust ends, and where your love begins.
                                                        Baby, you're made of my sin, and I can't tell where your lust ends, and where your love begins.Baby, you're made of my sin, and I can't tell where your lust ends, and where your love begins.

She hadn't really meant to do it. She just moved. It was reflex, really. Anyone would have done it, even her.

But now she had ice cream all over her shirt. Chocolate ice cream.

Odette let out a sigh as she gently set the child, ten perhaps, back upright from where he had fallen against her. Once the initial shock wore off the boy looked up from the fallen ice cream cone to her shirt, or rather the stain, then to her face. He looked positively terrified, and his bottom lip started to tremble. She cast a desperate look - though no one was likely to guess her feelings thanks to the shades - around to look to see if the kid had a parent around. He was too young to be walking around town alone. Yet, she saw no one paying any real attention to them. 's**t.'

"You okay?" she asked in a calm, friendly tone. The lip trembling slowed, and the kid nodded.

Still no parent. She was on her own for this one. The kid probably lived nearby, so was allowed out alone. How annoying. He really looked devastated.

"Well, good. Why don't you get another cone? No biggie, right?"

s**t, the lip trembling was back. There were tears in his eyes.

"Ah, you only had enough for one?" she interjected before the kid started bawling. Odette had no idea how to handle baby tears, so there was no way she was letting things come to that. "Well then, I'll treat you to another one. Okay?" It wasn't like she couldn't do with some ice cream herself in this heat.

The tears were wiped away, and the clumsy little brat was giving her a small smile as well as a thank you. Well, at least he had manners. That was what was important, really. Well, that, and hiding the stain. She shifted her bag forward to block the mess as the pair stepped in line. A few moments later they were ordering.

"My little buddy here would like..." she trailed off, looking down at the kid.

"Chocolate, please!"

"Soft or hard?"

"Hard."

"You like cones, right?" The boy nodded in response. "Why don't we get you a medium hard chocolate with a cone and a dish? That way you don't have to worry about spilling it." He did not look thrilled at the idea. "It is the way I always have it." The small boy smiled, and nodded.

"Anything else?" the server asked.

"I think I'll have a medium raspberry sherbet. I'd like a cup, and a cone as well, please."

Money was exchanged for the sweet treats, and it was time for the pair of strangers to part.

"Alright then, be a lot more careful this time, okay? And don't talk to strangers!" The boy giggled, and hugged her.

"Nor should you hug them. Now get out of her, kid," she said, her voice the opposite of the amused smile she had on her face. She reached up to ruffle the much happier child's hair, then went on her way.

Kids were so adorable sometimes. She still did not want any. At all. But they were amusing. And messy.

Her plans had changed, however. It was not like she could really go anywhere with her shirt looking like it did. There was only one option, and that was to get a new shirt. She could trek all the way home, but that would take forever. Her only choice was to buy a new one from the shop a few blocks over, Appacolia Clothing.

The trip to the store was made while she was in a much better mood then just a few minutes before. Not that she had been particularly grumpy, per say, but sugar and spending money had a way of putting her in a good mood. She finished off her ice cream a few places down from her goal, and ditched the cup in a trash bin. She pulled a mint from her mouth, and popped it in her mouth. It finished dissolving as she pushed open the door to the store.

She moved immediately to find Lotus to she if she were available. It was not hard to spot the pastel haired tailor. "Good afternoon, Lotus," she greeted politely, keeping up the facade of a charmer. Which was not hard at the moment. "I had a little incident with a kid, chocolate ice cream, and my top," she spoke, and uncovered the blotch. "I got a snack out of it in the end, so it was not all bad, but I can't go around looking like this. Do you have something that will match?" she questioned, her tone still upbeat. She knew Lotus would have something. It was, well, Lotus, for Pete's sake; their was no one better to ask for advice on clothing. At least not that she had found.

[ MENTIONS : LOTUS

Excitable Spirit

User ImageUser Image

Jay easily dogged Eva’s attempts at covering his mouth. He towered over the girl, and her jump barely got close to his mouth as he danced away from her. He rolled his eyes at her as he moved back closer to her, shaking his head, he had easily ignored her comment about him not being mature. Who was she to talk? She was acting like a school girl that had just given her first kiss to a boy on the playground. He loved Eva most of the time, but man – she could be so much like a… like a…. /girl/.

How are you so adventurous, yet you won’t even get in the water? Come on! We could stop by the shop, pick up two boards and head out on the waves. We’ll stay close to the beach so you know you can’t drown. You just need to be able to stand on the board – and the whole ocean will be yours!” he exclaimed, the excitement clear. Jay loved surfing. He loved the ocean, the saltiness of It as it filled up the pores of his skin to tighten it. He felt cleansed each time he entered the water; as if he was being baptized, in his own personal way. The world disappeared and faded behind the roar of the waves, the splash of the surf, the heavy feeling of the air.

Eyes bright at just the thought of it, Jay moved forward and slung an arm around Eva. He listened as she spoke about the festival, smiling as she did – Mel! How could he not have thought about asking her? Damn. He’d already sent the message off to Charlotte. Maybe he could just send a text in Mel’s direction as well, just to see what her plans were. He was in the process of removing his arm when his attention returned back to Eva. She’d grown quite serious, and it made him frown.

Okay, okay! Jeeze, can I have my balls back?” he asked, putting his hands out in front of him as if to ward her off. The word balls made him suddenly feel a tinge of pain down in that area, and his frown deepened. Maybe he could tell Eva that he was absolutely sure that the cancer was back… that it was doing more damage this time, because his urine had a bit of blood with it this morning.

No. He didn’t want to tell anyone, and not with the festival happening tomorrow. There was no way he was going to miss out on all the fun by being stuck in some hospital with a bunch of needles thrust into his veins. Shaking out his hair as he felt a fly land in it, he reached down for his phone. He suddenly stopped, a sly smile on his face as he let it slide back down into his pants:

What a fantastic idea! You should ask Mel! How about you text her RIGHT NOW and see who she is going with?!” he once more threw his arm around her, winking down at her, “I mean, how rude would you be if you asked her to go with you, but ditched her for Doctor CowPie and his minime?

He quickly gave her shoulder a squeeze, his sly smile now a pure grin as he gazed down at her face, “I haven’t really asked anyone to go yet. I wanted to make sure you weren’t going to be a total loner out there tomorrow, first. What kind of a pal would I be if I didn’t make sure my bestie had a date?

Location Traveling   Company Eva   Mentions Eva, Charlotte, Mel

Questionable Prophet

User Image

██████████████████████████████ MOONDROP FLOWERS FLORIST
          ███LOCATION XAELYN BEACH tab tab ███COMPANY OLIVER tab tab ███ .MENTIONS -
          tab tab WEARING

Europe felt the bottom of her dress become wet with small droplets from the waves rushing to her feet. Ah, did she love it here. One of her favorite places to be, other than the flower shop. She found herself coming here quite often if she wasn't already being overly protective with people that were close to her. The breeze was constantly pushed her hair to the front of her face and it sure was annoying. Definitely not a scene from a movie. She looked kinda stupid struggling to keep all of her hair away from the face. And boy, did she have a lot of hair. People sometimes asked how she even took care of it. But that was an easy question. She simply doesn't take care of it, most of the time. She hates brushing it out so she usually skips that in the morning. Yeah, it sort of frizzy, but that was fine.

''Ahh, please stop it!'' Europe spoke to herself irritably as she wrestled with her own hair to stay. Damn sea breeze. It would have been so enjoyable if it didn't always blow her hair around. A normal person would just simply tie their hair back. But no, definitely not Europe. She absolutely hated doing it. It was so annoying to her.

''Hey, Europe,''

The familiar voice caused Europe to turn around lightly and she grew scared for a minute..but realized it was Oliver. Well, she was still shy but it went down a little bit. She was just sort of glad it wasn't some stranger. She's even worse with conversing with people she didn't know at all.

She looked rather stupid with some of her hair stuck on her face but she quickly wiped it all off, feeling completely embarrassed. He just came up to her and she's already making herself look like a fool, great. She's sooooo bad at this. 'Uhg...noo....whyy....Just. Just keep calm. Maybe he didn't notice it. Damn it, of course he noticed! Just stay calm...'

Europe opened her mouth and at first nothing came out. 'What do I say what do I say..!!' She panicked in her own head but eventually built up the courage to actually speak.

''Hello, Oliver. How are you today?''

Damn her and her politeness. It was awkward. She knew Oliver was also extremely shy and the two don't go well when trying to talk. But she still really liked Oliver. Really liked him. And she honestly didn't know what to do with those feelings. She's only had experience with one other guy and that didn't really turn out very well either.

She suddenly felt her cheeks grow warm when he complimented her dress and looked down at the water to try and hide it. 'Come on, Europe. Be a man. You can do it. Just say something else.' She constantly tried to encourage herself and finally looked back up at him.

''T-thank you. I like it a lot. Especially the flowers on it..hehe..'' Europe lightly smiled. There you go, girl. You actually continued a conversation for once. Now just keep it up.

Honestly she felt it kind of harder to talk to Oliver. And her mouth always grew dry. She didn't know what it was. Or maybe she was denying that she knew. Maybe...she could just run away? Right now? Hide in the shop until she doesn't feel totally embarrassed? No. That's a terrible idea. Besides, she doesn't wanna run away from Oliver like that. He'd think she didn't like him. That's completely untrue and she wanted to talk to him. She just wished she wasn't so timid. If she weren't then maybe things would actually happen.

Maybe. Maybe she should, you know, ask him to go with her tomorrow? Oliver is nice. They would probably have fun together. Do something together. But. How do you even do that? You know, ask somebody to go? She's never done that before! Once she'd do it, it'd be all over with. But actually gaining the courage to do it is insanely difficult. She usually has trouble even saying a sentence to him. Her mind was racing as she stood there rather quietly, not really knowing what else to do or say.

''So..so umm, how have you been?''

There you go. That's good. But she probably won't be able to ask it. She's too shy. And she hated it, so much. It's stopping her from doing such simple things that she wished to do. If only she hadn't become like this. Things would have been so much more different.

Conservative Bookworm

4,350 Points
      • Bookworm 100
      • The Wolf Within 100
      • Person of Interest 200

User Image
                              hi I WILL RUN UNTIL I CAN SEE THE SUNLIGHT AGAIN
                              hiI WILL RUN UNTIL I CAN SEE THE SUNLIGHT AGAIN

infamous ⊱ ■ ■ EVANGELINE VOLCOVA ⋯⋯

User Image

( ♔ ) Location: on the way to the beach
                                                            ( ♔ ) Company: jay
                                                            ( ♔ ) Mentions: jay, mel, osment

There he went again, getting all excited about going to the beach. It was almost ridiculous, how much
                                                            affection Jay had for a big hole filled with salty water. His childish love for it never failed to amuse Eva,
                                                            who, despite never going in the water herself, enjoyed watching him surf and play around in it. There
                                                            was a special kind of joy in watching someone close to you be happy, and in Jay’s case, the joy was
                                                            contagious. That was the only reason Eva even agreed to go to the beach with him in the first place.

Though to say that she never went into the water would be a lie. There were times when she allowed
                                                            herself to be moved by Jay’s constant demands to surf with him, and got in just a little bit. It was a failed
                                                            effort on Jay’s part, though – she refused to go into deep water, which to her was anywhere where the
                                                            water level was past her chest, and the movement of sand with the tide underneath her feet scared her
                                                            beyond belief. She was a terrible surfer, and gave it up altogether after falling into the water for what
                                                            seemed like the millionth time. She really didn’t understand why Jay wanted her to surf so badly, she
                                                            didn’t see the point – weren’t there enough people to choose from if he wanted to go for a swim?

Today was one of the days Eva agreed to Jay’s pointless pleading. “Fine, fine.” She sighed, a hand over
                                                            her eyes to stop the sun from blinding her. “I’ll give it a go. Again. What is it now, the fiftieth time? You
                                                            never learn, do you?”
                                                            She grinned playfully. “If I fall off the board again – and you know I will – you’re
                                                            buying be ice cream.”
                                                            There was no reason to doubt her falling into the water, so at least she would get
                                                            a treat to pacify her frightened self afterwards.

“I’ll tell you if I see them – though I’m pretty sure you never had any in the first place.” She joked,
                                                            punching him in the arm. His suddenly upset expression did not escape her notice, and for a moment, a
                                                            curious yet worried look crossed her face. He didn’t say anything, though, and Eva didn’t bother asking –
                                                            he seemed to be okay, just as excited as ever, and she assumed that he would talk to her if anything was
                                                            bothering him, if he was ready. She respected his privacy enough not to ask, for now at least.

She didn’t understand why he was suddenly so excited about her inviting Melody out, but she paid that
                                                            no mind, instead obediently pulling out her own phone just like Jay said. “Sure, okay. You seem excited
                                                            for no reason.”
                                                            She observed.

To: Mel
                                                            Hey, do you have plans for tomorrow?

“Done and done” Eva said, pressing the Send button and stuffing her phone back into her pocket. She
                                                            returned Jay’s wink, smirking up at him. “Oh, I’m sure Mel would understand. And don’t be mean to
                                                            Osment, he’s twice the man you are. And handsomer, too.”
                                                            She swatted him on the arm in a playful
                                                            manner, sticking her tongue out. They were almost at the beach. “Aww, that’s so sweet of you.” She
                                                            mocked, her voice taking on a sweet, girly tone. “But that was the worst lie ever, man. Now spill, who
                                                            did you ask? You were totally texting someone a while back. Plus, since when does the great charmer
                                                            not have a date by this time? We'll be seeing pigs fly before long.”

Excitable Spirit

User Image
      User Image

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Group Message To:
                                                    Oliver, Charlotte, Desmund, Georgina, Zahid

Headed to Devil's Tavern @ 5. Meet me there or be a total s**t eater

Satisfied, Jackson dropped the cellphone down into his overalls. He glanced at the sun and frowned, rubbing a hand across his forehead. He used an old red hankerchief to soak up the sweat that was already causing his eyes to sting. He was tired; but when was Jackson ever not tired? Anyone that thinks farming is easy can go lay down on a cowpie for all Jackson was concerned. It was never ending, never stopping, never slow or boring. It was always rewarding, though, as he leaned back in the seat of the tractor to look over the field he'd just finished working. He'd brought down two dead tree trunks and shoved them into a lumber pile. He'd churned up enough new dirt to be able to plant some summer fruits; Julie had begged him to make a spot for some blackberries to grow, and Jackson had been more than happy to agree to it. So long as she was the one who would do the planting, of course. The last damn thing he needed to worry about right now was some damn berries.

He turned the tractor back on, soothed by the loud roaring sound as it came to life. He began humming some song as he chugged towards the old red barn, leading the tractor to her resting spot under the awning out back. He climbed off her, lifting his hat and placing it on the seat. It wasn't one he often wore to town, but it was one he was always wearing when he was working. He'd not only worked in the field, but had moved the entire herd of cows to the south pasture. He hated herding those dumb animals, but the sheep and the cows needed to be put together while he worked on the west pasture tomorrow.

Going down his mental check list as Jackson moved into the barn he pushed inside. The smell of hay and musty air filled his nostrils and he took a deep breath. The barn was only a bit cooler than outside, but it was his favorite place. He moved over to his workbench, where everything was tidy and organized. Each tool had its place, each nail in its correct spot. Currently Jackson was building a window box for Julie's birthday that was coming up at the end of the month. He hated her condo, said it was too small and too city, so he'd decided he'd bring a little bit of the country out to her. He glanced down at his work, frowning at it. The work was near perfect - the craftsmanship far superior to anything you'd find at a major chain store. He picked up a piece of sandpaper and rubbed on the wood for a few more minutes, rubbing a thumb along it to make sure he was completely satisfied with it. He'd paint it her favorite color this coming week.

A neighing caught his attention, and Desmund's horse was greeting him from her (his?) stable. "Hey good looking. Want some oats?" he murmered as he walked over to the beautiful beast, reaching into a sack that was pegged up between the horse's stall and an empty one. His own stallion was out in the north field, running free with a mare he had just bought in last week's farm auction. He wanted to make sure the mare was friendly enough before allowing Desmund's horse run around with it. He'd been sure to let Desmund's horse out in the corral most of the day, having Jay Rod put her/him up before he left to go get Eva. Feeding the horse treats, his mind wandered to his younger brother. The boy was a bit too free spirited, and it worried Jackson that the farm would fall out of the family. He only hoped that one day, if he was lucky to ever have a kid of his own, that the baby would want to inherit the farm...

Those thoughts would be quick to get painful, and Jackson shied away from them as he brushed his hand against his pants. He quickly fled the barn, knowing he needed to get with some company before he started to think too much of Lilly.

---Time Skip

For some reason, Jackson had found himself going towards Bellato Cafe. He knew Akira would be working, and thought maybe he could grab her a drink before he went to see her. He wanted to see her for his own personal reasons, but he'd also noticed Jay recently acting strange. He wasn't sure, but Jackson could have sworn he'd noticed Jay adjusting "himself" a lot more than he ever had before. I mean, the kid wasn't /so big/ that he needed to constantly have his hand shifting something here or there. Lost in these thoughts, he entered the cafe to see Orion. His intial reaction was to call out and be friendly to Orion. They'd been friends for a long while, but you'd have to be blind not to realize Orion was digging into Akira. Sure, Jackson had always thought Orion was a bit weird - but he was nice enough. Lately, though, the jealousy was winning against any southern hospitality that was instilled in Jackson.

"Oh, Orion. You look - uh... sharp, as always," Jackson said as he wandered up to stand near the other man. He folded his arms, turning his eyes to look up at the menu. The hell was this? Since when did there become so many types of coffee? What happened to just plain coffee? Frowning, he turns his gaze back down to Orion. The man was always so stuck-up looking in his clean slacks. Jackson wasn't a slob, but the only time he'd worn slacks was for Lilly's funeral. They were just so... city. "What're you doin' out-an-'bout anyway? I mean, it's still daylight and all." He turned his eyes back up to the menu, pushing up his straw hat so he could better see the words up top. What the hell did Akira like? He doubted it was straight black like he did - she was far too sweet for that bitter taste. Shoving his hands into the front of his blue jeans, his frown increased. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe he should've just headed straight to see her instead of trying to be considerate.

Being considerate was turning out to be a pain in the a**.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Location Farm; Bellato Cafe   Company None;Orion   Mentions Zahid, Julie, Jay, Eva, Akira, Desumund, Charlotte, Oliver, Georgina, Orion Clothing Work Day; Casual Wear

Anxious Capitalist

User Image

The moment the ding spanned the clinic's walls, Isabelle's head tilted up immediately from her book, her eyes focusing on the door. Or, well, they would have had she been able to see. Osment was always impressed by how strong Isabelle's hearing was. Then again, he shouldn't really be that surprised - his sister, Elissa, had stronger senses than normal due to her lack of voice. He remembered vividly as children how she'd be able to hear everything, even when he whispered in another room.

"Miss Nyx is here," Isabelle announced, though the office door hadn't opened. Osment blinked, looking to the little girl. As if realizing that it sounded a little odd, she shrugged. "I recognize her footsteps." Oh. Well, that made sense. How intriguing was that...? Moments later, Osment heard the knocking on the door.

"Come in!" he called out, and sure enough, the red head peeked her head in...though, why had he even bothered to call out? She was deaf. So Isabelle was right, though he hadn't really doubted the four-year-old. Isabelle smiled, already knowing who it was before Nyx welcomed herself in. Osment's eyes scanned Nyx, wondering where the rabbit was. Maybe it was in a carrier outside the door, but all he saw was several bags...

"The bunny ran away...? Aww..." A little crestfallen, Osment chuckled and shrugged a little at his daughter's disappointment. "But, I guess that means he wasn't hurt, right Daddy...?" Isabelle knew Nyx couldn't hear, of course, but she spoke well enough that it wouldn't be difficult to read her lips.

"That's right, Isabelle." He blinked when Nyx mentioned she had brought food and drinks. "O-Oh, you didn't have to do that..." Excitedly, Isabelle clapped her hands as Nyx moved in front of her, presenting her the drink. Reaching out, Isabelle managed to grab onto the cup with no problems or fumbling around.

"Thank you Miss Nyx!" The little girl grinned happily before beginning to sip onto the drink. Osment chuckled again, shaking his head before beginning to stand up to receive the drink and bag of food. As Nyx signed and spoke at the same time, Osment did the same so Isabelle would be able to hear.

"That's very thoughtful of you Nyx. I appreciate it." Though, when he realized she hadn't brought anything for herself, Osment frowned. "But, aren't you hungry or thirsty...?" He glanced over to the door from where she had entered. "Mmm, I should go get you something..."

"Daddy got kicked in the face by a horse today," Isabelle said matter-of-factly before taking a sip. Her sudden statement made Osment widen his eyes and glance to his daughter, the breath catching in his throat before he stammered out a reply.

"Isabelle, I scraped my face on a gate...! I didn't get kicked by a horse." Isabelle shrugged a little.

"Miss Volkova thought you did. Does his face look like it's been kicked, Miss Nyx?" Osment grumbled, shaking his head before passing a hand through his hair in nervousness. Glancing back to Nyx, he began to sign and speak at once.

"The horse got spooked...I just hit my face on the gate of a stall, like a fool..." He sighed, shaking his head. "Just a scratch is all. I already told you what happened, Isabelle. You shouldn't make up stories like that." Isabelle pouted a little, mumbling under her breath.

"I thought you would lie about it so you wouldn't worry people." Osment rolled his eyes, though it was a little unusual of Isabelle to pick up on something like that. He shrugged helplessly at Nyx.

★ ◞LOCATIONx curia vet - office   ★ ◞WITHx isabelle, nyx    ★ ◞MENTIONSx elissa, evangeline

Gryzzle's Darling

Dapper Fatcat

18,675 Points
      • Happy Birthday! 100
      • Pie For All! 300
      • Conventioneer 300
      User ImageUser Image
      ✦location: Home > Melune Forest maemae ✦Company: Alaister maemae ✦Mentions: Julie maemae ✦Wearing: First date

"Not having been on a date...is that weird?" Lyra asked softly as she shifted her gaze slightly. Alaister had gone quiet and this was her attempt at making sure that conversation didn't die or become awkward. That smile on his face spoke volumes, causing her to be taken aback a bit, her face a moderate shade of red. Her eyes widened at the red head reaching out and grabbing a hold of her hand. Had they ever touched this much before? She smiled widely at the thought, but the moment he leaned in to eat the gyoza, her heart skipped a beat. All the blood rushed to her face as he took the dumpling and sucked on her finger in the process. Lyra just sat there, mouth gaping. What was she supposed to do? She was supposed to do something right? Maybe she should make a comment? No, that sounded like a stupid idea and would probably have her stuttering like an idiot instead of playing it cool. She had to play it cool! Sheepishly, she looked down at her moist finger and turned a tad bit redder. It was strange, to think that a couple weeks ago they had been chatting like friends, albeit with some noticeable awkwardness between them but a lack of touching. She had to give herself a pat on the shoulder later as having Alaister licking finger was not something she had ever anticipated to happen.

Crimson eyes slowly looked back at up at the man sitting across from her, marveling at those pale green eyes of his. He seemed completely unfazed, leaving her to wonder if maybe she was the weird one in all of this. For all she knew, this could have been proper date protocol. Hearing his question about something to drink snapped Lyra of her thoughts. "Yeah! That sounds good!" she said a little too excitedly with a small nod. She inwardly let out a string of profanities. What happened to trying to keep her cool? "Ah...no! I wasn't thinking anything about that. Water's fine! It's totally fine!" she replied, still failing at regaining her composure. Why couldn't she stop blushing now? This was getting ridiculous! "H-hydration is really important..." she added softly as she sheepishly raised her cup to him as well. She felt more frazzled than ever because of a stupid glass of water.

The young woman had half a mind to take off the hat and pour the water over her head in an attempt to cool the ******** down, but she did not. Instead she placed the cup to her lips and drank its contents as quickly as possible, content with the cold liquid traveling down her throat...at least she was until she got the brain freeze. Lyra quickly closed her eyes tightly as she carefully set the cup down. "Ack! Bad idea...cold~ Hnnnnnnnnn~ Brain freeze..." she groaned in annoyance. As if she couldn't embarrass herself any further. In thinly veiled attempt at playing it cool, she opened her eyes and looked back at Alaister. Lumpia...?" she asked slowly as her gaze shifted to the dish in question. A lot of the things spread out in front of her were mysteries, such as the lumpia he described. At least he made it sound really good, that and it was something he made, so it was bound to be delicious. She immediately perked up when he looked about to offer it to her, only for him to pause half-way. "If you say that then it's gotta be true," she replied with a firm nod as she leaned in close to take of the roll he held out to her.

Lyra hesitated though. Sweet and spicy? How spicy was spicy? She couldn't just take a bite out of that thing without knowing how bad the kick would be. She already embarrassed herself with the water, she didn't need to follow that up with burning her mouth as well. "Wait a second..." She said softly as she leaned in a bit closer, looking as though as she was studying the composition of the sauce on the lumpia with a keen eye. Without warning, Lyra carefully licked a little bit of sauce off the roll. Better safe than sorry. The sweetness definitely cut the spicy, and it was definitely delicious. It definitely was a level of spiciness that she could handle with ease. Grinning, Lyra took a small bite off the tip to start off. Lumpia was tasty. She moved in for another bite. Delicious. "You're right! It tastes really good with the sauce," she said as she happily licked her lips free of the sweet and spicy sauce.

Just by looking at the food, Lyra could tell that Alaister was trying really hard to impress her, hell, just to make her enjoy their outing. The thought alone made her smile before she took another bite of the roll. She wouldn't deny that she found it weird that he was interested in someone like her. She saw that ex of his and she was nothing like her. Not even remotely close. Yet despite that, he seemed to like her just fine.

"This is a lot of fun, y'know. A-a-at least I think so..."

Excitable Spirit

User ImageUser Image

Ice cream? You know that’s something I will always by you!” Jay exclaimed as she put out her condition. Jay always wanted Eva out on the water with him because, no matter what she assumed, he really did count her as his best friend. Sure, there were others, but Jay just felt at ease with Eva. He knew she was beautiful, and that he should probably feel an attraction for her, but he didn’t. There were times he did have an urge to give her a kiss, or to hold her hand, or to tell her she deserves a good guy. Those times he always just went 100 mph to ignore the feelings, though. What he had with Eva was something rare; something to be treasured. He had seen far too many friendships explode into a million pieces just because someone acted on some soft feelings. He would always take care of her, always be there for her, and always make sure he’d end up in the jail cell right next to her asking if they could do it again. She was special to him. He never shared too much of that, though, because Jay was a strong believer in actions being louder than words. So, his acts of affection were to always push her to her limit. To face her fear; conquer it! Don’t be afraid! Fear was just a false feeling that came before the adrenaline and joy.

He thought about all of this while she continued to talk and sent the text to Melody. He felt extremely excited, but then he also realized he was in a sticky spot. He’d sent the text to Charlotte, but he highly doubted she would actually agree to go on a date with him. He knew she was out of his league – she was right up there on Jackson’s list. List of Hotties. Only Jay had seen this list, and Jay had been extremely surprised by some of the names on it. He’d been even more surprised by the names of hotties Jackson had already swung around the bedroom.

Okay, okay, I asked Charlotte to be my date. I mean, I didn’t really ask her yet – I just asked her what she was doing… or whatever,” he shrugged his shoulders, “What can I say? I’m just trying to be like you and go for the more “mature” types,” he said with a small chuckle as he unhooked her from under his arm. “Even my brother hasn’t asked anyone. I was texting him earlier, he was all like ‘I’m going with Julie’. Like, really? My sister needs to open up her stupid shell and Jackson needs to at least go with some friends. Julie has really had some problems being friendly, lately,” He kicked a rock as he spoke, watching it go back and forth in front of them.

The sudden scent of the salt water made him look up, forgetting all about their talk of the festival tomorrow. “FINALLY!” he said with a fist pump in the air, as if arriving at the beach was one of their greatest accomplishments yet. “Hey, look, there’s Oliver and Europe. Oh man, do you think Oliver is trying to ask Europe out? Let’s go crash /that/ party!” he said with a dangerous smile on his face, glancing down at Eva.

Knowing she may end up suddenly having a voice of reason, or feel bad for Oliver, Jay broke out into a jog: “HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY-OOOOOOOOOO!! Europppeee, Olllliiii! What’s going on, your shy crabs?!” Jay shouted, cupping his hands over his mouth to enhance the loudness of his already obnoxiously loud voice.

Location Traveling   Company Eva; Oliver, Europe   Mentions Eva, Charlotte, Melody, Oliver, Europe

Wrathful Nymph

User ImageUser Image
                                                                when you try your best but you don't succeed when you get what you want but not what you need when you feel so tired but you can't sleep
                                                                when you try your best but you don't succeed when you get what you want but not what you need when you feel so tired but you can't sleep

LIGHTS WILL GUIDE YOU HOMEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAND IGNITE YOUR BONES
                                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAND I WILL TRY

to ix you

The Bellato Café, the best lunch spot in Raethia, was busy, as always. It was mostly grandparents and babysitters with a litter of tykes in tow, but there was Charlotte Vaughan, alone. Sitting in a corner of the café where the sun shone through beautifully, the nurse herself was not much of a sight to see at the moment with just her navy blue scrubs on. Of course, she wore them like a badge of honor; she had worked hard to earn the right to wear those things. So, why wasn’t she at the hospital figuring out cases like Dr. House all while caring for them like Mother Theresa? Because even nurses have to eat.

Today she had been swamped. Her schedule was always booked with patients needing a standard physical or confirmation that they did indeed have a cold or reassurance that no, it is very unlikely for an otherwise healthy 30-something to die from complications of a minor ailment. On top of that, it seemed today was a bad day for Raethia. Charlotte imagined it was because it was summertime. For instance, one older gentleman came in suffering from heat exhaustion, at the borderline for heat stroke, and a little girl came in with a radial fracture after having fallen out of a tree. Between them and a teenager suffering from his first panic attack who Charlotte promised to stay with until he felt safe again, she didn’t have time to take a break, let alone eat. However, the nurse learned long ago that once you start getting dizzy, it’s time to take a breather; she would only get in the way if she let herself get sick, or worse, pass out.

“Oh, speaking of panic,” the pink-haired woman thought, smirking, “time to text Ollie.” She had been at work for over 6 hours now; if he hadn’t gotten the nerve to ask Europe out, well, it was high time Charlotte interfered.

To: Big Bro
                                                                Well…? Do you have a date for tomorrow?

Setting her phone to the side, she was just about to take another bite out of her artisanal sandwich when the black electronic started dancing across the table. Raising a quizzical brow, she was shocked that her brother would text her back this fast. She didn’t even think he could type that fast. (Technology had the same relationship with Oliver as it did with water.)

“Jay?” she muttered, confused. Why was he texting her? Did Jackson or Julie get hurt on the job? Frowning, she opened the message to some far more simple than that to her relief.

To: Jay Rod
                                                                Right now, I’m supposed to go with Oliver, but I’m hoping he bails on me for someone else, if you understand my meaning. haha Why do you ask?

The young woman didn’t think much about Jay’s text, honestly. She was rather oblivious to hints like that, as one or two men from her past can attest to. She was far more observant about her surroundings, though, and when she glanced around at the other patrons, a flash of silver hair caught her eye. Well, if it wasn't her favorite astronomer and her best drinking buddy! Smiling and waving a friendly greeting towards the pair gently, she called, “Hey, guys! What brings you two here so late in the afternoon?”

location | bellato cafe xxxxxxxxxx with | orion, jackson xxxxxxxxxx mentions | oliver, jay, orion

User Image

Tactical Agent

ZELTHIRE FORMAT REMOVED
                                        • NYX   `↺⋮ ❖ Location Curia Vet   `↺⋮ ❖ Company Osment & Isabelle   `↺⋮ ❖ Mentions Zahid, Orion, Alaister

The redhead was very happy to see the both of them and that they were happy for the drinks and food. When Osment mentioned she didn't bring any for herself she shook her head and then picked up the last drink from the drink carrier and displayed it for him to see. “I already ate on the way here,” her cheeks flushing as she admitted it. To her it just felt as if it would be even more embarrassing had she shown up with a growling tummy. Though stating you stuffed face while arriving sounded like she was very hungry too and well Osment made her a little nervous still after all these years. He was her older brother's 'bro'! The guy you drool after whenever he stays the night and you just relish in delight when he says your name cause it means he notices you! Yes! Even though they were friends themselves it was too late for her to ever see Osment as anything but the guy she fell for when she was younger.

The movement of Osment's head to look at Isabelle made her stare in wonder since she wasn't originally looking at the little one. Nyx missed the first part of the conversation so she watched curiously as the two spoke on. Oh a horse! OH NO! As if almost instantly Nyx had moved closer to Osment to check this so called scratch. “Are you going to be okay?” she asked as she stood mere inches away from his face. Her blue eyes were once on the bandage and now focusing on his lips. It was a good thing she wore heels since it gave her the height she needed to check out his face properly. “Did you make sure to clean it?” Finally Nyx took a respectful step backward since she realized she was a little too close to him. “I'm glad you weren't actually hit by the horse then. I'm sure you would be in the hospital if that was the case, they have quite the force.” Nyx nodded, blabbing stupidly to cover up the fact she was really worried about him.

Thinking Osment might like a change in the conversation Nyx looked at the both of them once again and then smiled. Her mouth opened to ask him to the show tomorrow but instead there was nothing which made her face lite up like tomorrows fireworks. Somehow he still had that affect on her. Quick say something. Anything! But instead her mouth just formed into a smile and she awkwardly drank some of her drink. Really? Aren't you a little old to be acting like you're a child? Oh how she wanted to shh her own brain right now. With some composure back Nyx was ready to try again! Okay, try two!

“Waaa – uh umm fffsss....” What the hell was that!? Her voice started off strong but quickly went lower and obviously just trailed off into useless sound. Nyx quickly shook her head and coughed slightly. “S – sorry I had um something in my throat hah.” Another clearing of her throat to prove her innocence. “So um...” Her eyes could no longer stare at Osment so they focused more on Isabelle. “What are your guys' plans for tomorrow?” It felt a little odd asking since well the lass was blind after all but that doesn't mean she should stay indoors and not experience everything else involved. Sure the fireworks were amazing to see, but the rest of it was amazing as well. It made her feel a bit bad since the last event was seeing fireflies in Westbrooke Hills, now there are fireworks at the beach and then the starry night festival. All things you need to see but Nyx would find some way to make these events enjoyable for little Isabelle. After all she had come to enjoy the music festival even though she couldn't hear anything. It wasn't always about what the festival was but more of who you're with.

If anything tomorrow she would pester Alaister to make his famous grill food so Isabelle had something to munch on, she would make Zahid play her his guitar so there was nice music going on and tell Orion to shut up about the stars its the wrong festival damn it! Somehow, she would make Isabelle have a lot of fun tomorrow if she could. It would make her so happy to see Isabelle smiling and enjoying the festival regardless of not being able to see the fireworks. All she needed to do later was convince Alaister to grill, it wouldn't be too hard right?

It might have been a lot harder than Nyx was originally thinking of due to the very fact that Alaister was enjoying his date very much. Since he put his phone away he hadn't even thought for one second about anyone else. His mind was flooded with Lyra being bashful about his delicious act just moments ago. The fact the water gave her a brain freeze made him chuckle a little but all the while thinking how cute she was. Perhaps it would be a good idea to let the water warm up just a bit, too cold of water could really make her feel ill with how hot it currently was. At least the sweet and spicy sauce wasn't anything comparatively as the sauce wasn't really spicy but just added a nice flavour to the sweetness.

In this very moment Alaister was waiting for Lyra to take a bite out of the lumpia he held out for her. It caught him off guard as he watched Lyra lean in, inspect the sauce and then with a flick of her tongue licked a bit off it. If that man had any composure earlier it was all gone now. His entire body tightened and mind flooded with all sorts of things as he still sat there holding the lumpia out. All the sexual food innuendos you could think of, he was thinking of that and more. Especially as his mind slow motioned her mouth moving over the food and her lips wrapped around it briefly befoure biting back just the tip. To say his face was flushed was an understatement but he took a deep breath in through his nostrils, then out to try and calm himself. A simple mmhmm when she spoke about the lumpia was all he could muster out while still trying to calm down.

Another exhale out led him to finally relaxing a bit especially with Lyra eating the lumpia. Note to self, avoid these until we're together. If he had any mind he would just toss that particular food in the river but ugh what a waste! He couldn't do that for more reasons than one and one of those reasons was because she seemed to enjoy them.

"This is a lot of fun, y'know. A-a-at least I think so..." That line just made him smile, the muscles in his body began to loose up again. “I'm glad you think so. It's been a lot of fun for me too.” That was true, except the last part since oh how he wanted to … no he wouldn't go there. He was a man of honour and no man would ever make such a move to someone on their first date. Alaister wanted this date to further to another one and another one, to become a relationship, to become forever. Romantic didn't even begin to describe how he truly was once he found someone he liked and if he had to be completely honest he was sure past just liking Lyra. But no way in hell was he going to pull a Mosbey!

“Oh, I made your favourite beef stroganoff too. It's a bit warm for it but I didn't want to deprive you of your favourite meal,” he said cheerfully as he opened one of the containers with just a single portion of it befoure setting it befoure her. “I have more back at my place if you want more later. Dawson might eat it all though.” He lightly chuckled at that comment befoure picking up a lumpia for himself and devouring it. “So...” he started once he had swallowed, “on first dates usually most people just go to a movie and then dinner. I figured though that would be a tad boring and you deserved something more personal. Still, just figured you might want to know in case some other guy wises up and tries asking you out.” The last part he sounded rather casual about as if he might not be that interested in Lyra after all. Hah, yeah right! Alaister leaned closer to Lyra and whispered to her, “you should tell him no though,” and smiled devilishly at her, his eyes fixated on her own.

Finally he returned a safe distance away yet again, it was far too soon for a kiss though he was dying to do just that. Instead he merely smiled at her again and finished off his lumpia.

ALAISTER   `↺⋮ ❖ Location Melune Forest   `↺⋮ ❖ Company Lyra   `↺⋮ ❖ Mentions Dawson

Anxious Capitalist

User Image

"Really, it was just the gate of a stall--" That hadn't done anything to halt Nyx's concern, no. In fact, now she was just inches from his face, inspecting the bandage. His face turned bright red, probably close enough to the shade of Nyx's hair, as he stammered.

"I-I cleaned it at the owner's house. There's nothing to worry about, Nyx." His eyes focused on hers for a moment before dropping to her lips, then off to the side. Hell, if Isabelle could have seen this, she probably would have been laughing. Dang it, Isabelle! A few moments later, Nyx seemed to realize just how close she was to him and took a few steps back. Osment cleared his throat and nodded a little. "Y-Yeah, I'd definitely be in the hospital if I was kicked by a horse. Thankfully, nothing serious has ever happened." He heard Isabelle sigh in the corner. What, did she get a kick out of worrying him half to death and making others do the same? Then again, she was four. Maybe she just didn't understand that social cue yet.

Osment's eyebrows furrowed in concern as his lips turned to a frown. Was Nyx all right? She seemed to have an awful time talking at the moment. When she stammered, Osment smiled weakly, shaking his head and dismissing her apology. He had just sounded like a bumbling fool a few moments earlier. Certainly he wasn't going to judge Nyx for a mistake.

"Oh, the Beach Festival tomorrow?" He felt his face brighten a little, red tinting his cheeks, before he coughed again. Of course, every year he tended to end up there with Nyx and his sister, but well...w-was she going to ask him? Like on a date-date? No, that couldn't be it. This wouldn't be a date. Just a gathering of friends, right? Isabelle's eyes lit up at the mention of the Beach Festival, and she kicked her legs in eagerness, attracting Osment's attention. That was right! She wanted to ask Nyx herself. Or well, sign to Nyx, like what Osment had been doing the entire time as well as speaking.

"I think Isabelle had something to ask you." Beckoning Nyx to look over in Isabelle's direction, Osment approached his daughter, sitting on the bench beside her and taking the little girl's hands gently. Recognizing her father's hands, Isabelle remained still, though smiled and, knowing Nyx would be in front of her, allowed Osment to slowly move her hands and fingers around.

"Will you go to the Beach Festival with us?" Of course, it took much longer than just Isabelle asking and having Nyx read her lips, but Isabelle had insisted on having Osment help her sign it to Nyx. Moving his hands away, Osment smiled, looking back to Nyx.

"I'm not sure who else is coming with us at the moment. Maybe Elissa. Dawson doesn't really like loud noises, so..." That was what twelve years in the military did to you, he supposed, though Osment had seen his oldest brother at the Beach Festival once or twice before. He never seemed to stay for the entire thing, though. When Isabelle had been smaller, Dawson had come with him and Madison, though left before it ended. The thought made Osment sigh inwardly, though he did his best to hide his feelings of his older brother from Nyx at the moment. After all, Isabelle seemed so pleased to sign that whole sentence to Nyx, even with him guiding her hands.

"Please? I really want you to sit with us, Miss Nyx. Maybe Mr. Alaister too?" Osment always found it humorous that Isabelle seemed so formal with people's names, but whenever he tried to assure her that she could just call them without the prefix, Isabelle had stubbornly refused. Whatever pleased her, he supposed.

★ ◞LOCATIONx curia vet - office   ★ ◞WITHx isabelle, nyx    ★ ◞MENTIONSx alaister, elissa, dawson

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff