Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Alan Pistachio
I haven't been frequenting the site in this past while, so I cant comment on the wording either.

I'd like to note they have to get a large chunk of cash for the adds. I've seen adds from massive car industries, as well as other esteemed gaming companies like Honda, and SOE. Of course it also depends on how the person running the company acts. If hes a complete idiot, and the way the site is, he probably is, its no wonder they are in financial ruin.

I get told about the special items that gaia gets that people think I might like, or gift me randomly, so I normally see the announcements before they get pushed out of sight.

hmm, yeah that is true. Not to mention even with adblock, all of the Capcha's on gaia are like little ads as well. So they get money from those as well. Lol yeah, they've been through what, 2 CEO's already in 5 years, and this new guy is no better. people are still getting layed off or quitting the company, and it seems like most of the "big plans" sitewise have been busts except for towns 2. That was a very old idea though that just got through.

Fashionable Firestarter

Anonypanda

I get told about the special items that gaia gets that people think I might like, or gift me randomly, so I normally see the announcements before they get pushed out of sight.

hmm, yeah that is true. Not to mention even with adblock, all of the Capcha's on gaia are like little ads as well. So they get money from those as well. Lol yeah, they've been through what, 2 CEO's already in 5 years, and this new guy is no better. people are still getting layed off or quitting the company, and it seems like most of the "big plans" sitewise have been busts except for towns 2. That was a very old idea though that just got through.

I actually recently had a discussion in a topic of mine about the trashing of ideas after Gaia starts to implement them.
over 27 million registered users. This means that Gaia has the potential advertising that extremely exceeds television advertising. People pay buku bucks to get on television, let alone a time slot that has even 1 million + people viewing it.

Alien Fairy

15,725 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100
Anonypanda
Alan Pistachio
I haven't been frequenting the site in this past while, so I cant comment on the wording either.

I'd like to note they have to get a large chunk of cash for the adds. I've seen adds from massive car industries, as well as other esteemed gaming companies like Honda, and SOE. Of course it also depends on how the person running the company acts. If hes a complete idiot, and the way the site is, he probably is, its no wonder they are in financial ruin.

I think Gaia's latest CEO, Mike Sego, has been specially appointed to be Gaia Cash/Gold-hungry. Yes, the Scott Pilgrim items were designed as Chance items, on the heels of the very successful My Little Pony Celestial Letters Campaign -- Sego has found a formula for success, so wants to beat the Gaia dead horse with it. And what about the exclusive Club Verge? Another brilliant Mike Sergo idea for Gaia exclusive monetary success. *shakes head* I bought 2 of my Kim Pine items from the Marketplace, and my third one was gifted to me from a friend.

Gaia marketing introduces these specialty items as Chance items -- to get us excited, and have us want to buy into the random lottery of winning that the Chance items offer us, from the Cash Shop. Yes, I remember the Commercial Item Quests that Gaia used to run, for free items -- many of us do. But seriously, dealing Chance items through the Cash Shop is a faster return for Gaia, and we Gaians are guaranteed that the items will be beautifully designed.

This is not something I like that is happening on Gaia -- but it seems to be the trend, so we had better try to get used to it. *so sad* Batty

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
i liek pie 3nodding
New No named bob
I agree.

Think this is just gaia's new direction when it comes to these sponsor items emo . Which is pretty lame, it was kind of fun going on quests and in the end like getting a little skittles related item or something.

I'm still holding out for the day gaia decides to do an actual event again (the advertising for Scott Pilgrim really made it sound like they were doing an event.... instead of just opening up a forum? Silly really, we can geek out about Scott Pilgrim in the chatterbox anytime if we wanted to stare ). The events were incredibly fun and I'm pretty sure everyone loved them.

What is it with the site and false advertisement for the hell of it, these days?

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Vivacious Succubus
ProtectorofGlasses
What a pant load. stare I didn't have to drop any cash to get my Playtex Sport Workout Outfit, or my Mokona hat. Now sponsered/themed events are only for those with money? Oh, but what it sounds like from everyone else in this forum is that there is *no* quest/event. You're just forking over some cash for an item. Talk about misleading advertising.

Gaia gets crummier and crummier every day.

You've been reported. Since I'm not sure what action the mods will take, I'll kindly ask you to, on your own, stop necroing and spamming old non-event threads so you can convert the posters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff