Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Oodlienoodlie
You know you can get free cash, right? I get a ton just by watching videos. The good items cost money. The free promo items are never as good as the ones you have to pay for anyways.

It's not about items; read the thread.

Boiled Watermelon
Quests aren't everything though. What's the point of doing events or quests if you don't get a reward? So therefore if you don't want items, why even worry about if there is no event or quest? Just for some random on the spot five minute story that would have absolutely nothing to do with gaia? I'm just wondering what your point is exactly...

I enjoy doing quests. What is the point of the Gaia Achievements? Does it really matter if I gain a new word to use as my user title for the forums? Is it really worth trying to get only guys to reply to a thread so you can get the Sausage Fest achievement? Who knows. Only an individual can decide for themselves if it's a worthy way to spend one's time.

I like the Achievements. I like the quests, events, and storylines. Any items or rewards are just icing on the cake.
EXACTLY! Im getting tired of this s**t. I cant afford to waste ACTUAL money in real life for pixelated stuff. So honestly, it's not fair. Gaia needs to change or im done
ProtectorofGlasses
Oodlienoodlie
You know you can get free cash, right? I get a ton just by watching videos. The good items cost money. The free promo items are never as good as the ones you have to pay for anyways.

It's not about items; read the thread.

Boiled Watermelon
Quests aren't everything though. What's the point of doing events or quests if you don't get a reward? So therefore if you don't want items, why even worry about if there is no event or quest? Just for some random on the spot five minute story that would have absolutely nothing to do with gaia? I'm just wondering what your point is exactly...

I enjoy doing quests. What is the point of the Gaia Achievements? Does it really matter if I gain a new word to use as my user title for the forums? Is it really worth trying to get only guys to reply to a thread so you can get the Sausage Fest achievement? Who knows. Only an individual can decide for themselves if it's a worthy way to spend one's time.

I like the Achievements. I like the quests, events, and storylines. Any items or rewards are just icing on the cake.

Well then I have to say, your topic name and the first three sentences are very misleading as to what your true feelings are on the matter. Instead of talking about the items involved, or the cash. You should have just started off with the fact that you love the quests and don't care about the items. It's no wonder people are getting confused about your actual topic. I think I understand what your getting at now though.
As for the achievement thing, yeah I do believe people do them for the titles, and to have a higher score than their friends. To me the achievements seem like a competition between people and that's what people enjoy. I've only been around for the pet fluff event and it was fun, so yeah i can't argue with you on that one. I also don't even know what the storyline is, so I can't comment on that either. The only thing i'm good at on here so far is aquariums lol.

Hallowed Genius

7,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Join Scott on his quest to conquer love – earn cool uber loot like SDPlus drops, befriend companions to fight along side you, and find cool gear that will make you look like a rock star! all that right there is the reason,fool.

Hallowed Genius

7,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Anonypanda
ProtectorofGlasses
Anonypanda
. Where'd you get the idea that there was a quest to win free items?

9 years of being on Gaia, the majority of which this sort of thing has not been the norm (or even a thing at all, really.)

Yes, well given your...seniority on the site, i'm sure you've seen or even been part of one or two changes in your tenure on the site. Gaia retires some things, and brings on new things all the time. I could go into why they did it this way with these items, but I doubt you really care. 9 years IS a long time to adjust to new things after all. They have been doing it for awhile now though, just so you know.It's not like it's a new thing that just happened to this item. Though i wonder is you complained about all of them too, since it hasn't happened for all of those 9, long years you've been here.
they did it for money,plain and simple,and why do you care if she complained?go away troll.you and the new way things work can play in traffic rofl

Hallowed Genius

7,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Classical Hipster
ProtectorofGlasses
Quote:

Ouch, that's kind of bad manners. I was going to leave the thread after the last remark I left for you, and in fact I did. I was gone for almost a whole day in other threads. However Inamatus quoted me, not the other way around. I wouldn't have posted again if someone hadn't quoted me, and giving me another chance to defend my opinions.
I'm not white knighting gaia either. I'm just telling it like it is. I'm not going after the people who say otherwise, just responding to people when they quote me. The only reason i gave you such a sarcastic, jerky answer was to downplay your own elitism of being on gaia for 9 years and expecting gaia to always stay the same. Honestly, I liked a lot of things gaia had in the past, and don't like the way things are changing. However on this particular subject of "they released a sponsor item, where's the freebies?" I'm on the side of that they didn't give out freebies, it wasn't set up like a freebie giveout, and we should be happy with what we got. If you want to see me as a jerk, I guess i'll just have to see you as an ageist throwing a tantrum. Which honestly I don't. Give me a practicable response and i'll debate with you maturely. A "i've been here 9 years and I know what's what" doesn't say anything about your opinion sadly.

I don't think it's bad manners; I asked you politely enough. It is bad manners to stick around in someone's thread when they made it clear they want you to leave.

My statement about my time on Gaia was value neutral; that is, it's simply a fact. I find it very strange that you read it as being "elitist" and wonder if you have some kind of sensitivity over this thing or something. I have no interest in debating with you.

Classical Hipster
First, do you not realize you can buy the item on the Marketplace? It's not like you're FORCED to buy G-Cash. Secondly,it's a sponsorship. Obviously the sponsor is going to want a little bit of dough from this, so they are going to be Cash items.

"Oh no, something I like costs money, which goes towards the sponsor and the site to keep Gaia in business! Get the holy water, this is a sin!"

I have no idea why you're talking about wanting the items. I don't. I like participating in quests and challenges, that is the part of events that I enjoy. At the moment I have 2.5million gold (not a lot, in this current Gaian economy, but probably enough to buy any of these items had they caught my eye) and I'm gainfully employed IRL with few financial obligations (no kids, no mortgage, etc).

This isn't about wanting an item. As Inamatus said, it sounded like there was some kind of event or interactionary/participatory thing going on. It was misleading. neutral

Ah, I apologize. I thought you complained about wanting an item. Should have read it more carefully. redface
d**k weeds like this everywhere on the net these days,surprised this d bag realized his mistake

Hallowed Genius

7,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
what an idiot. emotion_awesome

you don't get rewards for achievements or badges yet people do them hmm emotion_eyebrow

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
brolykurisaki
Join Scott on his quest to conquer love – earn cool uber loot like SDPlus drops, befriend companions to fight along side you, and find cool gear that will make you look like a rock star! all that right there is the reason,fool.

Exactly! "Join X on a quest" kind of implies there will be a quest. rolleyes

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. Someone gets it whee
heart

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
brolykurisaki
Anonypanda
ProtectorofGlasses
Anonypanda
. Where'd you get the idea that there was a quest to win free items?

9 years of being on Gaia, the majority of which this sort of thing has not been the norm (or even a thing at all, really.)

Yes, well given your...seniority on the site, i'm sure you've seen or even been part of one or two changes in your tenure on the site. Gaia retires some things, and brings on new things all the time. I could go into why they did it this way with these items, but I doubt you really care. 9 years IS a long time to adjust to new things after all. They have been doing it for awhile now though, just so you know.It's not like it's a new thing that just happened to this item. Though i wonder is you complained about all of them too, since it hasn't happened for all of those 9, long years you've been here.
they did it for money,plain and simple,and why do you care if she complained?go away troll.you and the new way things work can play in traffic rofl

Well of course they did it for the money. Everything they've been doing lately has been for the money. Why would you go picking and choosing which of my replies to reply to to try and come after me? Did I offend you? I was being sarcastic, not a troll. You should seriously learn the difference. Oh and the line you quoted earlier? That's the Scott Pilgrim story, buddy. Just because someone says "quest" doesn't mean that there is an actual quest involved. A fact some people seem to be missing. Though i guess if they said 'battle" another group would whine about there not being a game, and if they used some other similar word even more people would cry over there not being a scott pilgrim themed event.

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Anonypanda
. Oh and the line you quoted earlier? That's the Scott Pilgrim story, buddy. Just because someone says "quest" doesn't mean that there is an actual quest involved. A fact some people seem to be missing. Though i guess if they said 'battle" another group would whine about there not being a game, and if they used some other similar word even more people would cry over there not being a scott pilgrim themed event.

What's your point? Pokemon says something like "Now go on a journey to become a pokemon master!/collect them all" something. And if Gaia went "Join Ash on his quest to become a Pokemon master! EARN cool items, befriend Pokemon, etc" I would still think there's some kind of interaction involved, some kind of event or game.

I'll say it again, please leave. If you think this thread is just to "whine" then I wish you wouldn't bother with it. I have deliberately not quoted you to try to keep you from coming back in here; I have no control over whether other people quote you or not. Believe me, if I had the ability to do so, I'd delete your posts so I don't have to hear YOUR endless whining and whiteknighting over the fact that some people were led to believe there was a quest/event.

What kind of jackass insists on sticking around where they're not wanted?

Fashionable Firestarter

Anonypanda
The whole "Fantastic news for all you guitar slinging, video game playing, romantics out there. Scott Pilgrim has come to Gaia! Join Scott on his quest to conquer love – earn cool uber loot like SDPlus drops, befriend companions to fight along side you, and find cool gear that will make you look like a rock star!" Sounds just like the opening to a CI item to me. It's Scott's theme, mixed with a chance at items. Where'd you get the idea that there was a quest to win free items?

That doesn't sound like the opening to a 'CI' to me. Unless of course you're an Internet shut-in who only goes on Gaia, and no other sites. I can't imagine what new gaians would think of it. Also, paying for things on a social site that's already littered with advertisements is outrageous.

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
ProtectorofGlasses
What's your point? Pokemon says something like "Now go on a journey to become a pokemon master!/collect them all" something. And if Gaia went "Join Ash on his quest to become a Pokemon master! EARN cool items, befriend Pokemon, etc" I would still think there's some kind of interaction involved, some kind of event or game.

I'll say it again, please leave. If you think this thread is just to "whine" then I wish you wouldn't bother with it. I have deliberately not quoted you to try to keep you from coming back in here; I have no control over whether other people quote you or not. Believe me, if I had the ability to do so, I'd delete your posts so I don't have to hear YOUR endless whining and whiteknighting over the fact that some people were led to believe there was a quest/event.

What kind of jackass insists on sticking around where they're not wanted?

Yeah, and i would still wonder what would make you think that, completing the circle again, only pokemon themed i guess. Though that would be a cool idea for a CI, maybe that'll be another one soon.

I'm following all the rules, I'm not stalking, trolling, or flaming you. However I'm not just going to let someone else do that to me. So asking me to leave, and letting other people quote me and expecting me to not respond is crazy. Just because you don't like what I say (which wasn't even pointed at you, still waiting on that guy to come back). I'm not whining about anything, and you don't even know the definition of whiteknighting it seems, yet again, i'm stating my opinions and DEFENDING them, as well as my self apparently. Sorry if you find it offensive, but i find it more offensive when someone trolls on me.

Apparently the kind who just doesn't know how to turn of his notice button.

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Anonypanda

I'm following all the rules, I'm not stalking, trolling, or flaming you. However I'm not just going to let someone else do that to me. So asking me to leave, and letting other people quote me and expecting me to not respond is crazy.

Yeah, you can technically stay within the rules and still be being a jerk, and rude. I can't stop people from quoting you, but no, it's not "crazy" to expect you to not respond.

What are you, 15? I don't even say mean that in an insulting way. It would be acceptable for a teenager to not be able to turn the other cheek and just ignore people responding, however, an adult should be able to do such a thing easily.

Of course, this isn't an adults-only site. If you're a minor, then I apologize for expecting you to behave like an adult. If you're one of Gaia's many adult users though... then yes, it is entirely sane to expect you to respect the thread-owners and leave, regardless of whether other people quote you.

You are, after all, entirely capable of sending a PM to Alan or broly. You could also leave a comment on their profiles, if you really felt the need to respond. Both of those things would allow you to respond to people quoting you, while respecting my wishes for you to leave the thread.

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Alan Pistachio
Anonypanda
The whole "Fantastic news for all you guitar slinging, video game playing, romantics out there. Scott Pilgrim has come to Gaia! Join Scott on his quest to conquer love – earn cool uber loot like SDPlus drops, befriend companions to fight along side you, and find cool gear that will make you look like a rock star!" Sounds just like the opening to a CI item to me. It's Scott's theme, mixed with a chance at items. Where'd you get the idea that there was a quest to win free items?

That doesn't sound like the opening to a 'CI' to me. Unless of course you're an Internet shut-in who only goes on Gaia, and no other sites. I can't imagine what new gaians would think of it. Also, paying for things on a social site that's already littered with advertisements is outrageous.

It's pretty much the same lines repeated over the last few CI's though, almost exactly how the other Sponsor items were released as well over the last few years. None of them had quests to go along with their releases as well. at least not the three i remember(my little pony, Tiger and Bunny, and Adventure time). Lol, i've only been back on gaia for a while now because i'm helping in a gaian ball next week. a shut in I am not.. Seriously, I can't argue with you on the paying for this stuff aspect. I'm getting tired of seeing all these cash shop items too. I wonder how much they get for advertising if they have to go through this much trouble with cash items, and STILL lose employees.

Fashionable Firestarter

Anonypanda
Alan Pistachio
Anonypanda

It's pretty much the same lines repeated over the last few CI's though, almost exactly how the other Sponsor items were released as well over the last few years. None of them had quests to go along with their releases as well. at least not the three i remember(my little pony, Tiger and Bunny, and Adventure time). Lol, i've only been back on gaia for a while now because i'm helping in a gaian ball next week. a shut in I am not.. Seriously, I can't argue with you on the paying for this stuff aspect. I'm getting tired of seeing all these cash shop items too. I wonder how much they get for advertising if they have to go through this much trouble with cash items, and STILL lose employees.

I haven't been frequenting the site in this past while, so I cant comment on the wording either.

I'd like to note they have to get a large chunk of cash for the adds. I've seen adds from massive car industries, as well as other esteemed gaming companies like Honda, and SOE. Of course it also depends on how the person running the company acts. If hes a complete idiot, and the way the site is, he probably is, its no wonder they are in financial ruin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff