Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unholy Glitch

14,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Abomination 100
Actually there was an experiment a long time ago with an apple, where they successfully transported it into another chamber from the one it was in. It is possible, but the insides were completely black due to the ion charges

Hygienic Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
shultz96
Actually there was an experiment a long time ago with an apple, where they successfully transported it into another chamber from the one it was in. It is possible, but the insides were completely black due to the ion charges
do you have a link for this info???
pretty cool...so we will rot inside?

Enduring Regular

"Teleportation" is possible (it's essentially just cloning) and it's currently being researched though I'm unable to remember any articles.

How does it work? Copy the individuals molecular structure and transmit the data to the target location, once received use the data to build a copy of the individual. It's pretty simple but creates an ethical nightmare, what do you do with the original individual? Kill him?
Well we are half way there. We can completely deatomize someone. The problem is reassembling them
It is possible, it's just a matter of finding a way that works.

(Such as sending information from one computer to another computer.)

Hygienic Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Watched the fly teleportation isn't so Attractive anymore lol
I do not think it is against the laws of physics.

First of all, it can be a wormhole or manupluating space itself.
Though no one knows what can happen to the subject since no one has done it and it will require a huge deal of energy which we don't have at the moment.

Secondly, particles exhibit this. For a particle can exist in different places simultaneously and has been infact proven experimentally.

Thirdly, and this is "mostly" skeptical at the moment.
The use of your consciousness to manupilate the quantum particles themselves or your body.
And I am saying this since, it has been proven in the area of quantum physics that the outcome of the experiment is dependent on the expectancy of the observer, to put in other words putting an observer (you) changes the outcome.
This mostly deals with the area of "metaphysics" and the realm of "consciousness" which doesn't have much solid touchable facts. So I wouldn't really indulge in it.

So I assume it is possible.
It really depends on what you would consider "teleporting". For example, would going through a wormhole, or using space/time in another way count as teleporting? Would moving through another dimension count? There are all sorts of science fiction ideas as to how it could occur. I won't say whether or not we could do it, or how feasible it seems at the moment because I am not equipped to do so.
Program Failed
The use of your consciousness to manupilate the quantum particles themselves or your body.
And I am saying this since, it has been proven in the area of quantum physics that the outcome of the experiment is dependent on the expectancy of the observer, to put in other words putting an observer (you) changes the outcome.
This mostly deals with the area of "metaphysics" and the realm of "consciousness" which doesn't have much solid touchable facts. So I wouldn't really indulge in it.
The idea that the consciousness is what causes the spontaneous change in a quantum system when observed is a misconception. It all has to do with the fact that to "observe" a particle, it MUST be hit by a photon in order to transmit the information of the particle to whatever is detecting, or observing it; at subatomic levels, the photon is relatively large and will alter the path of any particle you observe. therefore whatever you observe is subject to incredible implications of a photon first bouncing off it.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ernst Alexanderson

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Teleporting = Moving from point A to point B with no relation to time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff