Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Im lazy to do research on this.
please do it for me LOL
Not much science in-depth thinking, but no.
Physically, teleportation is not possible.

Atomically, it is possible, but the particle and object being teleported must be destroyed. Teleportation is quite possible with photons, or so I remember my chemistry professor saying.

Hygienic Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Jon Mess
Not much science in-depth thinking, but no.
Physically, teleportation is not possible.

Atomically, it is possible, but the particle and object being teleported must be destroyed. Teleportation is quite possible with photons, or so I remember my chemistry professor saying.
exactly... Im thinking of it in molecular level rather than full body teleportation...so ur saying we would be destroyed in the process damn. now im going to google photons biggrin
yes perhaps you should research different textiles and perhaps you will see what im talking about perhaps in the future these textiles will permit this type of transportation
I'm thinking we have a computer that takes an image of your being in it's entirety (brain and electric signals and where they are aswell), stores that on a HDD, sends it over optic fibre to a machine that reconstructs all of that perfectly, while the first machine destroys your old body.

But that has sooo many legal, ethical and moral questions even if we DID have the technology, I doubt we'd be allowed to use it
x-Garethp-x
I'm thinking we have a computer that takes an image of your being in it's entirety (brain and electric signals and where they are aswell), stores that on a HDD, sends it over optic fibre to a machine that reconstructs all of that perfectly, while the first machine destroys your old body.

But that has sooo many legal, ethical and moral questions even if we DID have the technology, I doubt we'd be allowed to use it
Also, imagine the costs!

Hygienic Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
x-Garethp-x

WOW that's exactly how I imagined it!!!
maybe someday
for now ill enjoy touch screen and bluetooth technology haha

Hygienic Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Jon Mess
x-Garethp-x

Also, imagine the costs!
only available to the elite sad
Jon Mess
x-Garethp-x

Also, imagine the costs!

As with all technology it'll be expensive at first, then it'll become available to normal people. A company might start with inter-city teleports, and people would subscribe for say $10 a month. If it was fast enough (instantaneous), they could easily make the money they need. Technology would become cheaper after time and it would be expanded, eventually becoming subsidised by the Government as the new public transport.

Fanatical Zealot

With hyper drives or wormholes, maybe.

You could explode yourself into atoms and shoot those across, or maybe even turn yourself into radiation but, you'd be dieing and recreating yourself; I don't know if that's a good idea or not lol

Also destroying and remaking a copy somewhere else.

Not my idea of a good thing to do lol

Hallowed Hunter

bubblesqueak24
please do it for me LOL

Who knows. Anything is possible.

Greedy Consumer

I think in the future itd be easier to copy a person and 'print' them out somewhere accross the world, rather than actual teleporting.

edit: sum1 beat me to it.

Greedy Consumer

Admiral Dardanos
bubblesqueak24
please do it for me LOL

Including an alien coming out of your nostril from your brain in about 22 seconds.

Damn.

Hallowed Hunter

We Are Organisms
Admiral Dardanos
bubblesqueak24
please do it for me LOL

Including an alien coming out of your nostril from your brain in about 22 seconds.

Damn.

Improbable perhaps, but certainly possib...oh god, what the ********!

Geared Spirit

No. The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle states that a particle's position and it's momentum cannot be precisely measured with arbitrarily high precision without affecting it's position or momentum. Which means you could not reconstruct matter from the information stream without knowing the exact placement and momentum of every sub-atomic particle.

However, a machine may be able to come close by sending a backup of it's operational software to some other point in space with an exact copy of the hardware. Imagine sending 100 probes with identical hardware to the far reaches of the Universe (which would take untold billions of years at near-light speed), afterward the operational software for an artificial intelligence is sent from one probe to another, collecting and recompiling information as it goes, essentially transporting, not the physical body, but it's 'consciousness' through space.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff