Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay I usually don't care(don't care right now either)but I am just bugged cause I spent a few hours earleir argueing with some people about religion, I swear they try to find peopel who aren't religious and start arguemetns with us. I don't care call me what you want but 1st off the big bang wasn't the creation of earth it was the creation of the universe. 2nd off God is an earth thing, think about it, God is from earth same as Jesus came to Earth and the revelation speaks of the end of this world...What about the rest of the planets out there? We know there are 9 in our galaxy alnoe think of how many in total? And again my theory on religino is stillt hat the bible was written to explain the unexplainable of that tiem frame, just like before they beleived the world was flat, that was the absolute truth, the bible ocne was too. With knowledge truth changes, we have learnt past what the bible was needed to explain yet we still follow the book devoutly, don't get me wrong I have ntohing gainst people who believe in god, I personally dion't, but if you want to go ahead, maybe your right and I'm wrong but I usually don't thik about it or care too. Like I said I jsut ahd to say something cause today I had like 4 people start arguements with em about religion and I am kinda jsut fed up with religino today. ANd to end any peopel saying that these religious peopel are trying to save me I have studied the bible and it states that you do not have to believe in god to go to heaven as long as you lvie a moral life obeying his laws(which are laws of morality and decency) and it is not up to people to judge me as good or bad so listen to the book you beleive in and let your god judge me when I die.
IT'S CALLED DEISM.
Who's to say the energy and matter didn't always exist?

eek
So I'm sure no one really wants my perspective anyway, but since I AM getting a degree in Physics in a week and a half, and as a theologically well-read Christian, I feel like I should chime in.

The Big Bang was essentially all the matter and energy in the universe as we know it condensed to a mathematical point.

But all that matter and energy had to come from somewhere. The Laws of Conservation of Matter and Energy state that it can't simply come out of nowhere. So for the Universe to come into existence at all, the laws of Physics had to have been broken. Any sort of entity that can break the laws of Physics deserves to be called God.
Miralie
So I'm sure no one really wants my perspective anyway, but since I AM getting a degree in Physics in a week and a half, and as a theologically well-read Christian, I feel like I should chime in.

The Big Bang was essentially all the matter and energy in the universe as we know it condensed to a mathematical point.

But all that matter and energy had to come from somewhere. The Laws of Conservation of Matter and Energy state that it can't simply come out of nowhere. So for the Universe to come into existence at all, the laws of Physics had to have been broken. Any sort of entity that can break the laws of Physics deserves to be called God.
There were no universal laws before the Big Bang.
True!!!!! Fair point smile 3nodding
" Who's to say God didn't create the Big bang???"
I am.
I think Gaia should ban threads like these, because... there's no answer and thus no end to the debate.

No one will ever know so no one should claim that their opinion is the only one.

SPEND YOUR TIME SAVING THE PLANET WE HAVE INSTEAD OF PONDERING THE ORIGINS OF THE UNIVERSE!

Yeah...
WhiteHik
I think Gaia should ban threads like these, because... there's no answer and thus no end to the debate.

No one will ever know so no one should claim that their opinion is the only one.

SPEND YOUR TIME SAVING THE PLANET WE HAVE INSTEAD OF PONDERING THE ORIGINS OF THE UNIVERSE!

Yeah...

Right. No one should ever wonder and/or discuss and/or study anything remotely unnecessary...
So long as the argumentation is not merely "CUZ I THINK SO!!!11", such threads are acceptable. However, it does seem never to be so... But in theory, should such a thread with good argumentation come up, it needs to be preserved.
Now, I am not a major scientist. I am only 16 years old. BUT! The thing is; how did the catalysts for the Big Bang even get there? SomeONE or someTHING had to have put it there.
WhiteHik
I bet the world would be a much nicer place if we got rid of the Creationists and other crazy religious people.
Sephiroth77799
Now, I am not a major scientist. I am only 16 years old. BUT! The thing is; how did the catalysts for the Big Bang even get there? SomeONE or someTHING had to have put it there.

You mean like someone had to lay mountains down and so forth? Or- gasp! Could things be arranged thusly because of natural laws, which you don't understand, but which you could potentially learn?
WhiteHik

1. Saving the planet from what?
2. If we're saving the planet, don't we want to have every bit of knowledge about the universe? What if knowledge of the origins of the universe could save our planet?
3. Why do WE have to save the planet? Do it yourself, you lazyass.
Zoch

1. Saving the planet from what?
2. If we're saving the planet, don't we want to have every bit of knowledge about the universe? What if knowledge of the origins of the universe could save our planet?
3. Why do WE have to save the planet? Do it yourself, you lazyass.

I was refering to things like pollution/global warming, diseases, unethical abuse of other humans and if you want, animals. Why not spend the money being put into the research of the origins of the universe into a cure for HIV, I'm sure the 35 million + people with it would be much appreaciative.

I do not see how knowing how the world came to be as productive. What would if solve? If you can give me an example I'd be more than happen to except it and hush my very loud and obnoxious mouth (complete with lack of red colour and huge font size).

Please refrain from calling me a lazyass rolleyes

Yamato Aijou

Right. No one should ever wonder and/or discuss and/or study anything remotely unnecessary...
So long as the argumentation is not merely "CUZ I THINK SO!!!11", such threads are acceptable. However, it does seem never to be so... But in theory, should such a thread with good argumentation come up, it needs to be preserved.

Perhaps I am being hyportical, naive and ignorant. If it is interesting to you then yeah okay I guess you should take happiness in it. But I don't see the study in it as ammounting to anything. It's pretty much untestable and requires abstract thought, similar to religion - the gases etc. were always there - God created the world or even God created the Big Bang.

I can't think of any scientific explaintion that tells me how the gases came to be - they just use the get out clause that because they have evidence that supports the Big Bang (red shift I think it's called), that it doesn't matter how the gases came to be.

So Big Bang experts - how did the gases etc. that created the Big Bang come to be?

Sorry if this is total bollocks, disregard it if you want. I have an anger at the origins of the Universe because no one knows, to me it is the most abstract of things and I'm always too tired to think about. You guys just get the posts of an embittered girl.

So sorry if I offended anyone with my ignorance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff