Welcome to Gaia! ::

My guess is the mutli-verse or what ever.

Where did all that energy come from? somewhere else. "we don't know" is more factually accurate. but "somewhere else" makes a lot of sense.

Hallowed Hunter

The Universe.

Timid Bunny

Just before our universe was created "out of nothing", another universe's last atom just decayed, and since there now was nothing left to prohibit that universe's cosmic expansion to make that universe expand to infinity in just a second, it then resulted in some "all-nothing" equilibrium which suddenly made everything to restart and created our universe.

I dont know what I just got that idea from, just making things up ninja

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
We don't know.
Some mystical or gnostic religions teach that the universe was not created from nothing, but organized. They teach that some things are eternal and have always existed such as space, matter and intelligence [or what makes you and me self aware]. Of course there is no scientific proof to this and the only way to "know" it is the same way the gnostics or prophets learned it. From a sentient being of a higher order.
It's a good question and one that is unsatisfactorily answered by the science that we have at this point. Perhaps someday.
An infinite amount of other universes, some believe. I heard that there are big bangs occuring nonstop out there while other universes die out just as quIckly. Our universe may only be around for a blink of an eye...relatively talking.

Hilarious Lunatic

Well, it couldn't have been nothing because that goes against The Law of Conservation of Mass and The Law of Conservation of Energy.

Hygienic Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
im trying to imagine "nothing" I cant either lol....maybe there was just darkness miles and miles of darkness with nothing in it...like a blank piece of paper with nothing on it

Geared Spirit

emorhconom esor
Well, it couldn't have been nothing because that goes against The Law of Conservation of Mass and The Law of Conservation of Energy.

... but those laws only exist in ordered space-time. There was no space-time prior to the emergence (or at least no observable reference for either space nor time)
Spiritual Machine
emorhconom esor

... but those laws only exist in ordered space-time. There was no space-time prior to the emergence (or at least no observable reference for either space nor time)

Congrats, Tish, you just owned that whole topic. **winks**

Dapper Dabbler

i would guess that if space is indeed an endless void, all matter will, due to gravity, eventually pull itself back together into one mass and everything will once again "bang". i'd think that before the universe "bang"ed last time there was another universe made of the same components, just in a different form.
Fabadozer
??

Or what existed before the big bang. I just can't imagine "nothing".

The mind itself, which conceived itself and all existence.

But seriously, did you expect us to answer that question confidently? We don't even know everything that exists in our planet's ocean deeps.

Besides, the Big Bang Theory is just that: a theory.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff