Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Forensics can identify the race of a corpse by its skull. African/African American skulls most closely resemble those of gorillas and other non-human great apes.

It's not racist, it's simple fact. And yet, it will be fought on misunderstood grounds. Grounds that are there and not offensive. But it's easier to be offended than to compute a topic and understand why it's not. That's why babies pout when their blocks frustrate them. It's the course of action that requires the least thought.

These individuals most prone to do this are easy for some to be racist towards, ironically. LD, do you know anyone like this? I know many, and I feel like I have to babysit them when we hang out. There is nothing racist in this thread. But I often feel racist when I am forced to express myself through my actions. It's not racist to be honest about how I feel about others' actions. Luckily, I am very far from being the kind of person to pout and throw my blocks. I collect and understand that I am not racist, even when others cannot understand that. I cannot stop them from feeling shamed if I cannot convince them of the truth. Does LD feel this way?

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I think anyone knows people like this. Because they put the words "ape" and "black" together, and all of a sudden we're worse than the white people who had cotton farms.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Toxilicks
I think anyone knows people like this. Because they put the words "ape" and "black" together, and all of a sudden we're worse than the white people who had cotton farms.
Oh yeah, reading established scientific things in a book is a bigger sin than owning fields of blacks and whipping them until they bleed out.

Some people won't detect my sarcasm and will agree with me.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Jazin Kay
Toxilicks
Oh yeah, reading established scientific things in a book is a bigger sin than owning fields of blacks and whipping them until they bleed out.

Some people won't detect my sarcasm and will agree with me.

Pretty much, though I'm not sure which of these people you're speaking of, I'd agree someone would and they'll think "Well isn't this swell, someone else who agrees those chocolate babies ought to be put in their place!" And everyone will be crying for one reason or another, but probably with laughter as the strongest reason.
I like the bit in Big Bang where Sheldon's mom says
"It's okay to be smarter than other people but you don't have to keep telling them that."
"Why?"
"BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE IT!"

If you weren't a troll you would have approached this topic more delicately.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Bang Bang Max
Cool delicate opinion, bro.
Jazin Kay
Bang Bang Max

Well, her's was the intellectual point. Mine was just being annoyed that it was worded in a way to encourage anger. If I wanted to discuss religion or abortion I would tread carefully until I felt out my audience. I'm not quite as restrained in pointing out another made that mistake. Anyway... I'm a hypocrite.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Bang Bang Max
Jazin Kay
Bang Bang Max
Well, her's was the intellectual point. Mine was just being annoyed that it was worded in a way to encourage anger. If I wanted to discuss religion or abortion I would tread carefully until I felt out my audience. I'm not quite as restrained in pointing out another made that mistake. Anyway... I'm a hypocrite.
I'm just blunt. How someone chooses to negatively respond to the black-and-white of my OP is their burden, it won't be mine.

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
In reality there are only three actual races from an anthropological point of view; the mongoloids, which is Asians and people of Asian ancestry, however far back (Asians, native Americans, Eskimos, Latin Americans, et cetera), the Negroids (African Americans and black people of Africa) and Caucasoid. Contrary to popular (and stupid) belief the Caucasoid race encompasses people of all skin tones because 'white' isn't about the skin tone and eye color, it's about the bone structure and there's a lot of variation in skin tones and eye colors. Latinos are often a mixture of Mongoloid and Caucasoid. It's not that the Negroid race is being called apes either, it's that both Negroids and Mongoloids have a flatter facial structure than the Caucasoid.

And as for being called racist; personally I don't care about someone's skin color, I care about their behavior. I've never had this particular problem because I've never gotten into anthropological discussions with people and I assumed this was common knowledge. I have, however, been accused of being racist over stupid s**t.

Greedy Tycoon

5,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Everthing is racist...you know why the scientist name the black hole a black hole? because they are racist...do you know why the scientist name the white dwarf a white dwarft? because they are racist....do you know why a browny is called a browny? because the first person who make it is a racist...

To sum things up: Most people are a*****e that is why...

Sugary Cat

I called my black teacher 'black' and got called a rascist. neutral If white people can be called white, then black people should be called black. /rant
People will get their little feelings hurt over anything.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
_d0ll-like_
In reality there are only three actual races from an anthropological point of view; the mongoloids, which is Asians and people of Asian ancestry, however far back (Asians, native Americans, Eskimos, Latin Americans, et cetera), the Negroids (African Americans and black people of Africa) and Caucasoid. Contrary to popular (and stupid) belief the Caucasoid race encompasses people of all skin tones because 'white' isn't about the skin tone and eye color, it's about the bone structure and there's a lot of variation in skin tones and eye colors. Latinos are often a mixture of Mongoloid and Caucasoid. It's not that the Negroid race is being called apes either, it's that both Negroids and Mongoloids have a flatter facial structure than the Caucasoid.

And as for being called racist; personally I don't care about someone's skin color, I care about their behavior. I've never had this particular problem because I've never gotten into anthropological discussions with people and I assumed this was common knowledge. I have, however, been accused of being racist over stupid s**t.

emotion_kirakira
Here I thought you died!

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Toxilicks
_d0ll-like_

emotion_kirakira
Here I thought you died!

Awww, I'm sowwy heart !

I'm alive, I've just been more busy and haven't been having much time online lately/have more brief internet access. My boyfriend and I live together now too.

Conservative Student

5,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
Toxilicks

In art class
"Hey Deonte, can you pass me the bla-"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
_d0ll-like_
Toxilicks
_d0ll-like_

emotion_kirakira
Here I thought you died!

Awww, I'm sowwy heart !

I'm alive, I've just been more busy and haven't been having much time online lately/have more brief internet access. My boyfriend and I live together now too.

Awesome!! emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces