Welcome to Gaia! ::

CuAnnan
Vannak
Gravity proves we should all be having mass orgies.
We should generally be running towards the largest, closest ones at all times.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster pushes us towards orgies, we are not pulled.

A perfectly valid theory and more plausible that the case study!

At the end of the day, it's only going to be morons that would believe this, and it is morons that they are preaching to, let them say what they like, if they want to be ignorant, just simply turn your back and ignore it those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter

Personally it's the giant Pygmy aliens that created the universe and the laws of physics change on their moods

Even Steven hawking has said any theory is just as valid as another..
“Any physical theory is always provisional, in the sense that it is only a hypothesis: you can never prove it. No matter how many times the results of experiments agree with some theory, you can never be sure that the next time the result will not contradict the theory.”

Lol
Just wanted to say actually although thank you for sharing this with us, needed a good laugh today, this shouldn't be in the science forum surely? More along the lines of chatterbox, comedy or other drivel?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
GIay
Almost thought this was a post from The Onion.

'The University of Lagos has since issued a statement distancing itself from Amalaha.'

lawl.

I love The Onion! It's better than National Enquirer, lol

Sparkly Mage

4,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'd just like to add that the natural corrolary to this--that happy heterosexual couples are, in fact, magnets--can be easily tested by having them run at a very high speed alongside a bar of steel.

Assuming everything works as discovered, an electric current should be generated. Therefore, heterosexual marriage should be encouraged, as it would increase the availability of this useful source of electricity.

I hope they perform this easily testable hypothesis quickly. The energy future of our planet depends on it!

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
emotion_facepalm

Newbie Noob

I don't really think this is funny.

When people push politics ahead of science, not only do they hurt science, they also hurt the general population of people who would be interested in science.

Lysenkoism hurt the Russian people, and even though it ended in 1964, Russia still has an inferior agricultural produce even today.
I'm about 90% sure this is fake, but the fact that I'm only 90% sure really depresses me.

Fanatical Zealot

Seems legit.

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
I don't know what's making me laugh more, his "proof" or the fact he's been praised for it. lol

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
testneko
I'd just like to add that the natural corrolary to this--that happy heterosexual couples are, in fact, magnets--can be easily tested by having them run at a very high speed alongside a bar of steel.

Assuming everything works as discovered, an electric current should be generated. Therefore, heterosexual marriage should be encouraged, as it would increase the availability of this useful source of electricity.

I hope they perform this easily testable hypothesis quickly. The energy future of our planet depends on it!

Wind turbines are so outdated anyway, let's harvest all our energy from couples.
Perhaps harness the power of sexual frustration somehow? It would be the death of nuclear power.

Timid Humorist

6,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
Mind blowing! Seriously, my mind is blown so hard right now. And Nobel Prize? Seriously?

Shy Cat

8,665 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
GIay
Almost thought this was a post from The Onion.

I really did think that, until I hovered over the source link. Then I was like, "This...isn't from The Onion?! emotion_facepalm "

This article makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. Cry, because the stupidity of this kid and everyone who praised him is destroying another piece of what little faith in humanity I have left. Laugh, because...well, it is pretty funny in a dark comedy way.
If there's one thing science helps to do, it's prove the "wrongness" of being gay
Slutty_Eddie
I don't really think this is funny.

When people push politics ahead of science, not only do they hurt science, they also hurt the general population of people who would be interested in science.

Lysenkoism hurt the Russian people, and even though it ended in 1964, Russia still has an inferior agricultural produce even today.

By reporting this as legit science and using it as evidence against people in this community the university is hurting its nation as a whole. Now the imbeciles who rant and rave on the radio about the evils of homosexuality will say that they are not only backed up by (their version of) religion, but now science as well. Not only that, but young and vulnerable gay citizens may hear about this and believe it, therefore making their everyday lives even more miserable.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Edward Nibbles
By reporting this as legit science and using it as evidence against people in this community the university is hurting its nation as a whole.

Nope, this is pretty par for the course in Uganda.
Where the government attempted to reintroduce the death penalty for being gay.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff