Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hello!

I'm currently creating a comic strip for riboflavin and would like to include it's metabolic pathway. I believe that it occurs in the electron transport chain located in the mitochondria, but what I'm having trouble with is: if the riboflavin is what breaks down the carbohydrates, proteins, and fats OR is it the FAD or FMN which riboflavin's two forms?

Thank you very much in advance!

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
anyone? emo

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Riboflavin is a part of FAD and FMN which act as cofactors for other oxidising enzymes. I hope this helps.
I recommend keeping this as simple as possible. The simpler the concepts the easier it will be to transcribe them into comic form.

Remembering back to my Bio 102 class, Riboflavin is a B vitamin that helps breakdown fats & proteins and converts them into ATP (usable energy in the body).

Based on that alone, maybe you could make a comic strip about "the B vitamins" and focus on Riboflavin, "the fat smasher" or something idk, and his role is to find fat and protien and "turn them into ATP". and like have a little picture of "fat" and "protien" being smashed and then a picture of "ATP".

I just re-read your OP and yeah, I think you already know what I just wrote^. Idk much more than that, havn't taken Cell Biology yet. Sorry I couldn't help more smile Goodluck!

Quotable Noob

wudup broski
I believe that it occurs in the electron transport chain located in the mitochondria

I believe that it is found in fortified breakfast cereals.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff