Welcome to Gaia! ::

My sensei has taught us a good deal of pressure points, and yes, it is very easy to use pressure points. There are around 350 classical pressure points, and 300 or so extra pressure points. The size of activation for them are around the size of a quarter.

And there are some that can be touched, hit, rubbed, and all these have different uses. You can kill with almost any point as well, if you use the correct sequence and direction of the strike, and you can have devastating results. I have been knocked out by a single slap after certain points on my arm were hit, and then someone slapped me on the forehead in another point.

They are dangerous things. And if you look at alot of other martial arts, they are there, if you know what you are doing with your strikes or locks and such.
I happen to have studied pressure points at a very in-depth practical level.

As somebody mentioned, you have three basic types: Those which are rubbed, those which are struck and those which are pushed.

Examples? Inside edge of the forearm, right along the bone is a gorgeous rub. Get somebody to hold your wrist as tight as they can, then using the other forearm, palm edge, or knuckle, whatever, press it against that edge and run your hand as hard and as fast as you can towards their elbow. They'll let go.

A fantastic striking point is the sternum - A classic. I fight people, a lot, in street and dojo situations. Sometimes I simply revert to open-handed techniques because whilst I want to win or survive, I don't want it to be permanent on my foe. So, a shoto chop to the philtrum, koken wrist jab to the bicep or simple thumb/finger entanglement lock with compound pressure across the inner wrist face will, generally speaking, put your average mugger, the [********] down.

Original Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
my sensai taught me alot of techniques like that, but not ones to kill someone in self defense. but you cant kill with those pressure points though it will only make them unconcious
Fe1ix
my sensai taught me alot of techniques like that, but not ones to kill someone in self defense. but you cant kill with those pressure points though it will only make them unconcious

I would place good money on the fact that if hit in the correct sequence, or if they attack the same meridian too much, you could indeed kill with them.

What does this teach us about pressure points kiddies?

Don't play around unless you have a certified instructor around, or you intend to really hurt the other person. Even with proper training, you can cause serious damage to someone on a usually relatively mild point if they have something about their body that makes it more or less effective.

And Soldier, I am assuming you are using conception 17 for the sternum strike? I've seen guys who think they are hot shots nearly cry thanks to just a simple knuckle pushin into it correctly, nasty point.

Original Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
well yeah they could die if you dont get the paramedics and stuff because of the lack of oxygen they get from getting hit hard in those specific spots.
The ones in between the shoulder blades, if you hold them down for 30 seconds, are actually not to bad for getting rid of headaches.

Pressure points aren't that hard to find, actually. The body has tons of them...just look for the spots between muscles.

Oh, and that chart is missing one crucial area...it's a very sensitive spot below the waist between the thighs.

5,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
kuailong
Vincent the Black Rose
kuailong
Vincent the Black Rose
Pressure points are a fascinating subject to me. I think they're a very useful way of defending yourself, because you don't need brute force to be able to use it.
"You don't need brute force to be able to use it"? Are we on the same page here? I doubt if you gave your jugular notch ( my bad, your suprasternal notch) a tap, you'd kill anyone. No, I think in order to be able to use the pressure points, you're definately gonna have to use brute force. And maybe some brains mixed in there somewhere too. You'd probably have an easier time breaking someone's xyphoid process, than their sternum.

Well yes, if death is your goal, then you're going to have to hit a pressure point pretty hard. But just placing your fingers there and pushing down is enough to force most people to the ground. Ever heard of the vulcan neck pinch? Or what about pinching the inside of your forearm? Both are extremely painful to go through, and neither require much force at all.
But they require force, none the less.. I could care less about Vulcan neck pinches, really. If it has a point of pressure that you are required to use, then cool. But I'm sure it has a real life name that is far from "the vulcan neck pinch."

stare
Everything requires force. Hes just sayin, not that much.

5,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
MY dad told me about this one place on your face, that you can grab and it makes the person holding you down let go. It paralyzes their body instantly, for enough time to run away. You grab the face bone RIGHT below the eye with two fingers and then take your thumb, on the same side, and press up through your jaw, on the bottom. Do if you do it hard, it hurts like crap.
Chem!cal Shock!
kuailong
Vincent the Black Rose
kuailong
Vincent the Black Rose
Pressure points are a fascinating subject to me. I think they're a very useful way of defending yourself, because you don't need brute force to be able to use it.
"You don't need brute force to be able to use it"? Are we on the same page here? I doubt if you gave your jugular notch ( my bad, your suprasternal notch) a tap, you'd kill anyone. No, I think in order to be able to use the pressure points, you're definately gonna have to use brute force. And maybe some brains mixed in there somewhere too. You'd probably have an easier time breaking someone's xyphoid process, than their sternum.

Well yes, if death is your goal, then you're going to have to hit a pressure point pretty hard. But just placing your fingers there and pushing down is enough to force most people to the ground. Ever heard of the vulcan neck pinch? Or what about pinching the inside of your forearm? Both are extremely painful to go through, and neither require much force at all.
But they require force, none the less.. I could care less about Vulcan neck pinches, really. If it has a point of pressure that you are required to use, then cool. But I'm sure it has a real life name that is far from "the vulcan neck pinch."

stare
Everything requires force. Hes just sayin, not that much.
Ya, I kind of got that a bit of the ways back. Thanks for your input.
Hmm, weakspots aren't really my thing...
even if you push really hard on the two bones besides the supernatural notch, that person will not be able to breath.
Suprised to learn that the "Kiss of the Dragon" is actialy a real technique where if you inject a needle into ones neck at a certin spot will re-direct the blood flow quickly into the head like a watermellon.
Well pressure points are my little fancy as well although it has been a while since I have used one...and I plan to prolong that while as long as I can. Anyways now all it is with me is a nice good round of focused fury. Nevertheless someone is on the floor and it's not me most of the time. Pressure points are good no doubt most espically if you don't want to time the fight you just hit that person in their 'special' place and leave them their curling and say 'have a nice day'. However not all of us have the speed and pinpoint accuracy to take our time...measure...think...then possibly vainly miss. I am not saying we should not use it, just you be sure you have a backup plan on the side. HIT 'EM WHERE IT HURTS!

(Hinoki! What the in the world brings her here? Vintz warned me of her...I'll be en garde...)
The thought that we are so fragile scares me....I mean...killers can know this stuff, go in your house, and easily finish you off even if you try fighting against them....

Now that's the kind of stuff that makes me paranoid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff