Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seneschal
ArtemisLB
I'm in AP chemistry. I don't know if it's how you're writing it or what, but that makes very little sense to me.

The person is from the UK, therefore we probably get taught different (/better blaugh ) than Americans.

lol ye differently cos u did the calculation differently blaugh
ArtemisLB
I'm in AP chemistry. I don't know if it's how you're writing it or what, but that makes very little sense to me.

The person is from the UK, therefore we probably get taught different (/better blaugh ) than Americans.
ArtemisLB

Me or the weird stuff in the first post?
TPauSilver
Just to leach of your thread, if anyone can tell me how to convert mg dL-1 to mmol L-1 it would be much appreciated.

First I would convert mg/dL to g/L.
Second, figure out the total number of moles you have (n=m/MW)
Then take your number of moles(n) and divide by your total volume(V) then multiply by 1000 to get mM or as you typed it mmoles L-1. I hope you find this helpful!
It equals: three thousand negitive monkeys...Well I know how to balance it, but I don't know whats afterwards. sweatdrop
Seneschal
Firstly, the equation isn't balanced.

Ca(OH)2 + 2HCl --> CaCl2 + 2H2O.

Now, using the equation -

C2 = C1.V1/V2 (C1 = Initial concentration, V1 = Initial volume etc), you obtain -

[Ca(OH)2] = 2.0 x 26.50 / 25

Therefore the concentration of Calcium Hydroxide = 2.12 mol dm-3.

To convert from moldm-3 to gdm-3, you multiple moldm-3 by the RMM. This is from the equation moles x mr = mass.

thankyou v. much, i did have it balanced before but forgot to type that bit up
thankies again!!
TPauSilver
Just to leach of your thread, if anyone can tell me how to convert mg dL-1 to mmol L-1 it would be much appreciated.

I answered that in the reply to the first post. Moles = mass / mr.
Firstly, the equation isn't balanced.

Ca(OH)2 + 2HCl --> CaCl2 + 2H2O.

Now, using the equation -

C2 = C1.V1/V2 (C1 = Initial concentration, V1 = Initial volume etc), you obtain -

[Ca(OH)2] = 2.0 x 26.50 / 25

Therefore the concentration of Calcium Hydroxide = 2.12 mol dm-3.

To convert from moldm-3 to gdm-3, you multiple moldm-3 by the RMM. This is from the equation moles x mr = mass.
Damn that looks very different to me, although i did take a chem 302 university course just not ago >_>.
dyin2live
i feel abandoned no one even says sorry i don't know how to do it
the sci-tech forum is SLOW

Most of us are intelligent enough not to post just to note we can't do something.

Give it a few hours and you might have some look.

i feel abandoned no one even says sorry i don't know how to do it
please sweatdrop
i need to find the concentration of Ca(OH)2 which should be about 1gdm-3

Ca(OH)2 + HCl ----> CaCl2 + H2O

I need my answer to be in gdm-3
i got the answer 1.06moldm-3 but it seems too wrong

Hcl conc 2.00 moldm-3

25.00 cm3 of Ca(OH)2 needed 26.50 cm3 of HCl to neutralise

PLEASE help me whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items