Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Google has released a maps application for the iPhone after complaints over Apple's own mapping software.

In the latest iPhones, Apple dropped the maps made by Google that used to come on the phones and replaced them with its own maps.

But loads of people are complaining about the Apple maps because of mistakes that missed some places out or sent people to the wrong destinations.

The new Google app also includes features that previously were only available to Android devices.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diligent Student

Finally! Google Maps app has arrive at Apple store!

Fashionable Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
No one will ever get lost now.

Diligent Student

13charlie13
No one will ever get lost now.

Agree. 3nodding Also, I won't miss the bus to get on time.
Manny80

I have been using GMaps on the iPhone for almost three weeks now and I have to say that it's really great! biggrin

When comparing it with the one I have on my old SGS, there's no comparison. There app loads a lot faster, it has a nicer UI and also has some features that are not available on Android (or at least my friends are not aware of them). For instance, if you have a jailbreaked iPhone you can use this guide to add the terrain view using the cydia repo. I found the feature to be quite useful when going to the mountains as you can clearly spot some paths. biggrin

Fashionable Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
kickass101v0
Manny80

I have been using GMaps on the iPhone for almost three weeks now and I have to say that it's really great! biggrin

When comparing it with the one I have on my old SGS, there's no comparison. There app loads a lot faster, it has a nicer UI and also has some features that are not available on Android (or at least my friends are not aware of them). For instance, if you have a jailbreaked iPhone you can use this guide to add the terrain view using the cydia repo. I found the feature to be quite useful when going to the mountains as you can clearly spot some paths. biggrin

You just saw this today?

Diligent Student

kickass101v0
Manny80

Dude. I never use Cydia as jailbreaker. talk2hand Use Google Earth app, instead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff