Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Humorist

8,250 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
answerrrrr meeee science biggrin
Cryonic freezing, you mean.

Cryonic freezing of human bodies is possible! A body, usually after death, may be preserved at the temperature of liquid nitrogen. The process isn't an easy one, though. Internal damage can occur in tissues and organs within the body. However, a cryonic frozen body may not be recovered and defrosted back to life, no matter how healthy they are. Not in our days, anyway. A body can be preserved for however long. Perhaps in the future, technology would be advanced enough to defrost and recover the frozen bodies, who knows?

Does that answer your inquiry? Human bodies may be preserved through cryonic freezing but not revived back to life later.

Hygienic Humorist

8,250 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Jon Mess

Cryonic freezing of human bodies is possible! A body, usually after death, may be preserved at the temperature of liquid nitrogen. The process isn't an easy one, though. Internal damage can occur in tissues and organs within the body. However, a cryonic frozen body may not be recovered and defrosted back to life, no matter how healthy they are. Not in our days, anyway. A body can be preserved for however long. Perhaps in the future, technology would be advanced enough to defrost and recover the frozen bodies, who knows?

Does that answer your inquiry? Human bodies may be preserved through cryonic freezing but not revived back to life later.
Yes that does answer my question in full detail thank you Jon biggrin so maybe in the next 100 years then hehe would you have done it if possible? and for how long until you wake up??
bubblesqueak24
Jon Mess

Yes that does answer my question in full detail thank you Jon biggrin so maybe in the next 100 years then hehe would you have done it if possible? and for how long until you wake up??
You are very welcome!

I would not have my body cryogenically frozen. The future is uncertain and I'm rather afraid of it. I will have my time now and leave the rest in the future's hands. Would you have your body preserved through cryonic freezing?

As for how long a body is left preserved, that is still left uncertain until technology is advanced enough to be able to revive a preserved body. The oldest cryonic patient is almost fifty years frozen, though.

Hygienic Humorist

8,250 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Jon Mess
bubblesqueak24
Jon Mess

You are very welcome!

I would not have my body cryogenically frozen. The future is uncertain and I'm rather afraid of it. I will have my time now and leave the rest in the future's hands. Would you have your body preserved through cryonic freezing?

As for how long a body is left preserved, that is still left uncertain until technology is advanced enough to be able to revive a preserved body. The oldest cryonic patient is almost fifty years frozen, though.

Yes I would
Id freeze myself for a century just to see what new Technology has been invented lol
I'm quite excited for the future and I'm afraid to miss it... I feel we are moving forward quite well.
If I wake up in a zombie apocalypse then so be it lol is that what you are afraid of?

Benevolent Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
bubblesqueak24
Jon Mess
bubblesqueak24
Jon Mess

You are very welcome!

Yes I would
Id freeze myself for a century just to see what new Technology has been invented lol
I'm quite excited for the future and I'm afraid to miss it... I feel we are moving forward quite well.
If I wake up in a zombie apocalypse then so be it lol is that what you are afraid of?

If that is the case, then you have to prove that you are worthy enough for preservation in the first place. If you turn out to be useless, then why bother?

Hygienic Humorist

8,250 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
90 % of ppl are useless LOL xd

Lonely Lunatic

14,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
Jon Mess
bubblesqueak24
Jon Mess

You are very welcome!

I think that they have gone ahead and said that the cells are irreparable damaged due to the freezing process. It worsens over time. Even if they could unfreeze that 50 year old, life would not be viable due to the deterioration.
The problem with cryonics is water makes up a significant slab of our composition but forms terribly large and rough crystals when frozen. So you can imagine delicate tissues that need to keep moist to function have a rough time of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff